What-if: chat thread

What if there was a forum for discussing these?

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

gormster

Re: What-if: chat thread

Postby gormster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:51 am UTC

herbstschweigen wrote:What if somewhere else a question and answer pops up that would have made a great What-If?
https://aleph.se/andart2/uncategorized/blueberry-earth/

Meanwhile the jam ocean is very deep

Well that's just an excellent phrase.
Eddie Izzard wrote:And poetry! Poetry is a lot like music, only less notes and more words.

ConcreteBob

Postby ConcreteBob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:45 am UTC

I'm curious. I've submitted a few different "What-If" questions in the past. And I'm absolutely sure I'm far from the only person who has done so. But, is there any acknowledgment of receipt of a submitted question? Regardless of whether or not it is chosen as a submission that gets a response on the actual What If? section of the site. I'm just wondering if there is a general "Thanks, your submission has been received. If it's not too terribly stupid, uninteresting or nerdy, it may be chosen as a featured question blah blah blah"?

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:22 pm UTC

I think they just go into the inspirational grab-bag, with no handshaking back to the sender. I know I've sent in at least one (from an address I don't currently use, but did at the time) and it didn't get a response or a What-If (or feature in the book, even under the "things I'd rather not answer" bits). I don't know if The Chosen are informed. Couldn't easily happen for that one of mine, maybe it could for ones I did more than think I might send, which would surprise me.

Return to “What If?”