Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

wam

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

Postby wam » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:22 pm UTC

Season 4 SPoilers

Spoiler:
Wasn't it geographical? AS they got closer to earth?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

wam wrote:Season 4 SPoilers

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The earth that the Cylons never find out about? That would make sense if god triggered it, I guess...

The trigger being Starbuck dying would make at least as much sense as a geographical explanation, though.
-Adam

wam

Postby wam » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:47 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:
wam wrote:Season 4 SPoilers

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The earth that the Cylons never find out about? That would make sense if god triggered it, I guess...

The trigger being Starbuck dying would make at least as much sense as a geographical explanation, though.

Spoiler:
It would I don't know where I got geographical from! Just made sense to me.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:
Deva wrote:Flavor: Felt more confused about role flavor than day flavor. Understands some creative license, though.

What specifically was confusing? Just curious.

You have to change the story at some point when you do flavor for mafia games. When I decide flavor I try to keep characters the same while changing the initial conditions as little as possible (e.g. I think the only thing I changed was that Helo was aboard BSG). If game mechanics require the plot to change, that's OK as long as it's in the spirit or theme of the base material (e.g. wam's scum conversion hypothetically being triggered by dimochka's death).

Knows Season One only, and distantly at that. Expects a different story and unknown Cylons. Dooms Cylons with a Boomer claim otherwise.

- Apollo as Tracker/Watcher. Understands Jailer. Why is he a Tracker/Watcher? Never seemed like an information type.
- Helo as Roleblocker. Never mind. Reread the Wikipedia article. Stops some actions. Seems to fit. (Appeared infrequently during Season One.)
- Starbuck as Mason Group member. Recalls no major links with Laura Roslin. Almost guessed Billy Keikeya for dimochka, with Starbuck as a background character.

Sidethought: Would you have given wam exact words/conversations for caplocked nightchat? Assumes not. Stated it in Number Six's role message. Violates bastardry rules too.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

For a game that started with 9 people it was somewhat small. By the time I had heard the music, we had I believe 7 left and I thought it would lead to my lynch and likely subsequent town loss if I mentioned it. Had this game been closer to the 14 person range, I would've revealed it as soon as I found out. That way town would have more people and time to make sense of whatever it meant.

When are people going to come out of hibernation? I'd like to see larger active games! Might need to try and bring some ppl in.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

Deva wrote:- Apollo as Tracker/Watcher. Understands Jailer. Why is he a Tracker/Watcher? Never seemed like an information type.
- Helo as Roleblocker. Never mind. Reread the Wikipedia article. Stops some actions. Seems to fit. (Appeared infrequently during Season One.)
- Starbuck as Mason Group member. Recalls no major links with Laura Roslin. Almost guessed Billy Keikeya for dimochka, with Starbuck as a background character.

Sidethought: Would you have given wam exact words/conversations for caplocked nightchat? Assumes not. Stated it in Number Six's role message. Violates bastardry rules too.

Oh yeah, mainly I like to be unpredictable with matching up powers and roles. But there's justification for all of them:
-Apollo is the "manager" of the pilots so he keeps tabs on his underlings.
-I think it's season 1 where Starbuck goes on a mission at Roslin's request even though Adama forbids it.

Wam wouldn't have gotten any text, just "your target talked with someone last night".
-Adam

Return to “Mafia”