Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - D3: The Watchtower

Postby dimochka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:39 am UTC

i fully agree with this and i dont trust blue 100% either. At the same time, given what I know, I trust her more than the rest.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 am UTC

Copying all the flips here for reference

Moody7277 was Lee "Apollo" Adama, a Town Jailor, Tracker and/or Watcher.
Cjquines was Cylon Model Number 1. He was the Cylon Mastermind.
Lataro was Dr. Gaius Baltar. He was an independent Survivor and a Sane Cop.
Deva was Cylon Model Number 6. She was a Knowledgeable Cylon Backup.
Mpolo has been killed during the night. He was Karl "Helo" Agathon, a Cultblocker and a Roleblocker.

So, I think there is a possibility that there an "Unknowing" Cylon backup that has perhaps "woken up" last night after the death of the two others. This theory makes some sense to me because from my POV everyone has really solid claims.

Cases for each person being a cylon:
Me: when I "die" at the end of today I get "reborn" as a cylon. I don't think that fits the flavor of my PM, though.
Dim: the only player without some active power. Maybe being the unknowing backup is another part of their role
Wam: the 50% miller is a hint?
Xeno: don't have anything.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 am UTC

Dim, please claim.

Going to write down what we know about everyone:

wam: Felix Gaeta - 50% miller, Listener with one-shot Reflect.
Xeno: Anastasia Dualla - Altnerate between Watcher/Tracker - "fakes" the other power each night.
dim: Starbuck - unknown "passive" power
blue: President Lara Roslin - Mason Recruiter, will die D3.

From wikipedia on Cylons
Spoiler:
In fact, some Cylons are initially programmed to believe that they are "organic" until revealed otherwise later in life.

So blue's speculation makes sense.
But her "death" claim being the basis for speculating being a cylon doesn't really fit* - someone died last night. If it's true then we've lost, since even if we lynch correctly today, we'll take a death tonight and enter tomorrow at 1v1, which is a loss for town.
This doesn't preclude blue from simply being a cylon - it's possible she's now lying about dying today (her claim is quite annoying).
*I cannot make this sentence make sense, sorry.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:02 pm UTC

As I said, my power is not really a power. It's "Mason". All it means is that I started the game in Roslin's mason group.

I hate these hypotheticals, but if I were scum I'd come up with something more convincing.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:53 pm UTC

\
Xenomortis wrote:But her "death" claim being the basis for speculating being a cylon doesn't really fit* - someone died last night. If it's true then we've lost, since even if we lynch correctly today, we'll take a death tonight and enter tomorrow at 1v1, which is a loss for town.
Ah, yes, that is correct. I hadn't thought that far ahead.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:55 pm UTC

Well I generally trust blue, which by extension means trusting dimochka. However I can so see adam putting a scum in the mason group, will have to check what bastardry catagory he called this as.

Xeno is worrying me, will highlight more things that have bugged me later.

dimochka wrote:I hate these hypotheticals, but if I were scum I'd come up with something more convincing.

SO much wine in this.

bluebambue wrote:This theory makes some sense to me because from my POV everyone has really solid claims.

Well adam is a good mod so I would expect his fake claims to be convincing.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

unless being reborn as a cylon prevents you from having actions that night. Again, not likely but possible.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:57 pm UTC

bluebambue wrote:\
Xenomortis wrote:But her "death" claim being the basis for speculating being a cylon doesn't really fit* - someone died last night. If it's true then we've lost, since even if we lynch correctly today, we'll take a death tonight and enter tomorrow at 1v1, which is a loss for town.
Ah, yes, that is correct. I hadn't thought that far ahead.

Being pedantic here, technically if we NL today and Blue activated tomorrow we haven't lost it from here. As without a kill we would be at 3/1 tomorrow, even if she activated tonight we would have 2/1. - This isn't an argument for a NL by the way just saying you can't rule it out.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:57 pm UTC

EBWOP: my first question to adam was whether I can assume Blue to be town. He said that I can assume whatever I want, but whether or not it's true he obviously won't answer (which is pretty much what I expected).

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

Xenomortis wrote:I can't accuse anyone of anything.
I tracked wam and got a result that matches my actions (my targeted visited wam and blue, which was what I did), so his reflect claim seems to be truthful.

Actually have more time than I thought, the main thing is the above doesn't quite sit well with me, that result doesn't expalin why he wanted to wait. I can understand him wanting me to claim first as that makes sense but once I had gone I see no reason for him to not claim this. It strikes me as a scum wanting to leave his options open.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:41 pm UTC

wam wrote:Actually have more time than I thought, the main thing is the above doesn't quite sit well with me, that result doesn't expalin why he wanted to wait.

If dim/blue decided to accuse someone, we have no way of disproving it. I'd rather not be in that situation.
blue wanting to wait for me really odd - why would she want to wait for a tracker?
If I did have a result on either of them, I would have insisted harder.

wam wrote:Being pedantic here, technically if we NL today and Blue activated tomorrow we haven't lost it from here.

Yeah, got the numbers wrong - the two trains of thought mixed together a bit.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

From what I can tell there's no reason not to move the deadline up.

Deadline is in exactly 48 hours from this post.

3 to hammer.
-Adam

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

I am hesitant to put a vote down as I don't want to give scum any chance to speed hammer. But if I had to vote I would vote for Xeno.

Could everyone else say who they would/are going to vote for.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:49 am UTC

I am also leaning xeno.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:04 am UTC

That's unfortunate...

Torn on who to vote for.

I've quickly looked through Wikipedia to gain a sense of flavour, but I expect scum to have good false claims because Adam is our mod.

wam's power is the most suspicious - it would be the most convenient for scum to have. But the miller claim does make some flavour sense, reading Wikipedia - the power claim does sort of fit too and has pretty much been verified.
blue's claim makes sense, again, given Wikipedia. The D3 death was claimed yesterday, long before she could have predicted this situation could be predicted.
dim's doesn't. I would expect a power from a character with an article as long as Starbuck's. In particular, mason doesn't seem like much.
But dim has consistently claimed a lack of power, even in the confirmed presence of watchers/trackers. Being seen visiting anyone is a good way to die. And Deva had a power they could confirm.

Flavour is getting a bit mangled though.
Spoilers:
Spoiler:
Colonel Tigh and Cylon Number One were distinct characters, although both Cylons. Tigh's (cjquines) suicide mimics Number One's, although the music corresponds to Tigh.

dimochka wrote:I only have one power that I can use, and i wouldn't exactly call it an active power

An odd way of talking about a passive power that's merely "starting in a mason group".

I'm looking at voting between dim and wam at the moment.

Spoiler:
There was, apparently, fan speculation that Starbuck was a Cylon.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 pm UTC

Additional D3 flavor (Season 4 spoilers):
Spoiler:
Dr. Cottle walks into the conference room where the tribunal has convened.

"Commander Adama, President Roslin, could I have a word please?" He asks. His face is creased with worry lines.

Adama waves his hand dismissively, "We don't have time for secrecy, Doctor. You can tell everyone."

Dr. Cottle nods pensively. "It's about the civilian man who was found dead in the bathroom yesterday - "

Adama interrupts him to explain, "In case anyone hasn't heard, the man died of an apparent heart attack and we had no reason to suspect foul play." He nods at Dr. Cottle. "Go on, Doctor."

"I finished his autopsy, and there are three significant peculiarities that likely will impact your investigation. First, the time of death was between 4:30 and 4:45. You'll recall that was when Colonel Tigh..."

He trails off as a murmur goes through the tribunal. Adama growls, "You're saying this man's death had something to do with Tigh's suicide?"

Dr. Cottle nervously shakes his head. "There's more. The man didn't die of a heart attack. He appeared to have died of brain trauma, but it wasn't a stroke and there are no signs of a struggle. It's as if his brain just quit."

The doctor grimaces. "And finally, we found a small note halfway down his throat. We cleaned it up with chemicals to make it readable. It says, 'Cavil. For the sake of the mission, I plan on turning you in during the meeting later. You'll be resurrected. When you argue with me, make it look convincing.'" Dr. Cottle looks around before dropping the final blow. "It's signed, 'Six'."

"The toaster we killed yesterday..." Adama slams his fist into the table. "But what does this have to Tigh, dammit?!"

Dr. Cottle just shrugs.
-Adam

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

So that note was written by Deva for cjquines prior to cj's death? Deva claimed a "note" power and flipped Six, but didn't fully explain the power.
I don't know what the significance of the additional corpse is with regards to flavour.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:36 pm UTC

How would Deva "turn in" cjquines? Claim a cop result? How does this "resurrection" thing work? Is the additional body significant?

wam wrote:I used this last night as I was worried about being NK'd and I figured out that with CJ being scum the odds of people chatting had gone down.

Actually, this makes little sense to me.
A roleblocker is a much more obvious target and everyone pretty much agreed mpolo was town. Why were you worried?

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:56 pm UTC

Ok. I hate to go back on what I've been stuck on for most of this game, but I think it's more likely wam is some kind of scum than xeno is. Looking back, xeno claimed his tracker results before anything was said. I don't see this being a scum power. Why would scum have a tracker AND a "do nothing" action? That does not make sense to me at all. And forget the double action - why would scum be a tracker to begin with?

On the other hand, wam's powers make more sense for scum to have. Listener can go either way. Especially given the fact that we started in a mason group, a listener power would be helpful for scum. Additionally, a reflector power would not be out of the question either, could go either way.

Looking at d3, wam ignores (accidentally maybe?) xeno's post above that we cannot NL today until I re-point it out. And both of you, in my opinion, were analyzing too much of the "what if blue hypothetically is going to be a cylon"... that's just a waste of time imo. But then again my opinion of blue has been more set in stone.

I was surprised to not have a power either, and the ONLY REASON I wasn't claiming earlier is because I didn't want to reveal that I was a mason, especially after blue said that she trusts me in D2. I didn't want to out our mason recruiter. That's another reason I said I prefer me dying rather than xeno - I trusted his power and it was clearly better than mine. I also don't know how I would be a cylon, nothing from what I read in the wikis would suggested that. This is not the case for cj so far, or deva.

Off to re-read more.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

Xenomortis wrote:How would Deva "turn in" cjquines? Claim a cop result? How does this "resurrection" thing work? Is the additional body significant?

wam wrote:I used this last night as I was worried about being NK'd and I figured out that with CJ being scum the odds of people chatting had gone down.

A roleblocker is a much more obvious target and everyone pretty much agreed mpolo was town. Why were you worried?

Becasue I wanted to suvive as I was enjoying the game, Selfish I know. Also given we had a known watcher/tracker targeting the obvious guy is not necessarly a straight forward scum shot. Also given it reflects NK's seemed like a good shout.

dimochka wrote:On the other hand, wam's powers make more sense for scum to have. Listener can go either way. Especially given the fact that we started in a mason group, a listener power would be helpful for scum. Additionally, a reflector power would not be out of the question either, could go either way.

REally I have never heard of a scum listener, and I have heard of a scum tracker but that might be becasue I wrote it into one of my games.

The biggest issue for me is having two twon tracker watchers seems really OP but thats just me.

dimochka wrote:AND a "do nothing" action?

Classic scum diversion tactic in a game with a NK and trackers.

I also figure that that flavour is flavour and I'm just going to ignore it.

Scum

Xeno
Dim
Blue

Town

ALso Im going to give it a couple of hours then go for a vote as I think we have about 24 hours left and I'm not sure how much I am going to be able to post tomorrow.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

wam wrote:
Xenomortis wrote:

Becasue I wanted to suvive as I was enjoying the game, Selfish I know. Also given we had a known watcher/tracker targeting the obvious guy is not necessarly a straight forward scum shot. Also given it reflects NK's seemed like a good shout.

I had already stated that I couldn't watch anyone last night and even then, I think I was a more likely target than you.
But what's done is done.

wam wrote:The biggest issue for me is having two twon tracker watchers seems really OP but thats just me.

wam wrote:
dimochka wrote:AND a "do nothing" action?

Classic scum diversion tactic in a game with a NK and trackers.

I cannot really respond these.
But remember that we don't really know how powerful scum were; two scum were killed by N2 and we didn't receive any indication of powers on their flip. Deva appeared to have some sort of power - she correctly identified blue as Pres. Roslin.
Also, I must alternate my powers, and the fake action could be disruptive.
Oh, and the split was apparently 5/3/1!

Quick glance through the thread:

wam wrote:6. Xenomortis
Claim believable power results seem to be backed up - town
8. Lataro TOWN
As I said I re-read day 1 and liked what I saw. Then I agreed with his case on xeno, the only reason I think hes wrong is because xeno's tracker claim got backed up. I doubt any scum trackers exist.

His next post was a complete reversal on this stance, with no explanation given.

Dim has, at some point, defended everyone one of us as being townie.
He defended wam D1 over the miller claim.
He defended me (pretty strongly) after my claim.
He's convinced blue is town.
In fact, the only two people he has strongly attacked are myself (prior to my claim) and Deva (post my claim).

I feel I should point out, if I were scum, then I should be an "activated" sleeper agent; Deva was in a charge against me that almost resulted in my death and their continued efforts ultimately ended in theirs - there's no way I was buddies with them.
And nothing I've read indicates Dualla was a Cylon.

I'll post more tomorrow. I need to sleep.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:14 am UTC

I'd like to point out I was right about Deva. Not that that matters.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 am UTC

The more I think about this, the more I think I would vote wam if pushed to vote right now.

wam

Postby wam » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:57 am UTC

Sorry am really busy finishing off secret santa but

Xenomortis wrote:His next post was a complete reversal on this stance, with no explanation given.

And I did explain it, or at least I thought I had. What I had missed was the death of the first tracker D1. So an unopposed tracker claim yeah sure why not, but two is what keeps sticking in my head.

I'm Going to go ahead and vote

Vote Xenomortis

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:55 pm UTC

Deadline in exactly 9 hours.
-Adam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:47 pm UTC

Blue, I think wam is more likely to be scum as I outlined earlier. I understand that it's unlikely to have two sane town trackers, but xeno's info was spot on. There is no sense in us voting separately and causing an NL. So let me know what you think. We're very likely at MYLO so I'm not placing any votes till I either hear from you or it's <1hr to deadline.

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:26 pm UTC

I would like to hear from blue before I put a vote down.

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

Vote: wam

Because Dim has been paying more attention to this game than I have.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 pm UTC

xeno - do you need anything else from me prior to voting?

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

No.
I would have liked a little more reasoning from blue behind her vote, but going with what I said earlier, it was between you and wam for me and I'm more comfortable with you now.

Earlier today, both wam and blue stated to be leaning for me as scum - it should have been easy for dim to push a lynch on me and win the game, but he didn't.

Vote: wam

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

vote: wam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

Final Votals:
wam – 3 (bluebambue, Xenomortis, dimochka)
Xenomortis – 1 (wam)

Wam was the final scum! Town wins!

Flavor (season 4 spoilers):
Spoiler:
Chief Galen Tyrol crouches in the hallway behind a few storage crates as the pounding footsteps fade away. Frak me bloody, he thinks to himself. This escalated quickly.

If only they hadn't found a strand of his hair on Helo's corpse, or if only Helo hadn't overheard him and Ellen talking, or if only he had never heard that fraking music. Who would have thought machines would use music as a trigger? Six told him she suspected Cavil's death had something to do with that. That toaster was sick.

Tyrol peers over the crates at his pursuers running away from him, then he turns and sneaks the other way. Right into Starbuck's outstretched sidearm, pointed directly at his forehead.

"Hello, Chief." She smiles mirthlessly and cocks her pistol. "Ready to die?"

"Hear me out Starbuck," Tyrol pleads. "It's not like you think! I'm still me! I'm still a person! Helo was an accident, I swear!"

Starbuck grimaces but doesn't say anything.

Tyrol continues, "It was yesterday. I heard music that no one else could hear." Starbuck widens her eyes slightly but doesn't interrupt. Chief continues, "Then I remembered. I remembered everything. Kara, I lived in the 13th colony. It was completely populated by my kind – by Cylons, I suppose. But we're not like your Cylons. We were trying to help Cavil and his siblings, but then Cavil turned on us! He actually made us forget our old lives as punishment! You and me, we're on the same side! Don't you see that?"

Starbuck clenches her jaw and fires a bullet into Tyrol's brain. Whatever he was babbling about, she couldn't let him to tell any of the others. Not since she already told Kat about the music she heard. Good gods, could it be true? Could she be a Cylon as well?

"Got him! Tyrol's down!" She yells. Her team runs up behind her. They look at Tyrol's lifeless body, then look at Starbuck. She shrugs. "He made a move at me. I finished it."

Kat raises an eyebrow. "I guess it's finished then."

"Yeah. He's the last one. We're safe."

Setup:
Spoiler:
I think it was balanced pretty OK. I tried to make both scum and town really powerful.

Wam was going to turn into a Cylon either with dimochka/Starbuck's death or with a modkill on one of the two starting Cylons.

The PMs sent to Deva/Six and Lataro/Baltar were planned to be from me, but then Roband expressed interest in being Lataro's Six so I let him mess with Lataro's mind. Worked out pretty good. ;) I accidentally spelled Gaius wrong in my PMs to Deva and she thought they were from wam who did the same thing, so that's funny. :)

Mpolo's cult-block did nothing, naturally. He was just a roleblocker.

Lataro's nuclear bomb did nothing except create flavor and give him something to think about.

I can't think of anything else that isn't in the below role PMs. Let me know if you are curious about something. Did the flavor makes sense? I meant to put that bit of Dr. Cottle flavor from the middle of D3 at the beginning of D3; I just forgot. The flavor with Tigh's suicide was to indicate that the final five Cylons had been activated. And if you all mistakenly thought that cjquines was Tigh, that was just me being an annoying mod. ;)

Wam:
Chief Galen Tyrol

You are TOWN. Your win condition is to eliminate the Cylons.

As chief engineer, you are capable of manipulating the machinery aboard Galactica in many different ways.

Eavesdrop: Every night you can target one player to eavesdrop on them through the ship's intercom system. Unless they yell, you probably won't be able to hear exactly what they said, but you'll know if they said anything at all.

1-shot Reflector: Activate this power instead of your eavesdrop ability, and all night powers targeting you will be reflected back onto the player targeting you. Anyone targeting you will NOT be made aware that they were redirected (although depending on their power it may be semi-obvious). You can only activate this power once per game.

Possible Miller: There is a 50% chance you are a Miller, which would mean a cop result on you gives a Cylon or Scum result.

Safe claim: If you feel uncomfortable for any reason claiming to be Chief Tyrol, you can safely claim to be Felix Gaeta instead.

Tormod/Deva:
Number 6

You are SCUM, along with cjquines (Number 1 (Cavil)). Your win condition is to eliminate the Town and have at least one Cylon survive to the end.

Scum: You may PM cjquines – Number 1 (Cavil) – freely during the night.

Secret Message: You may PM cjquines once per day, during the day. He cannot PM you during the day, and you can only send him ONE (1) message per day.

Knowledgeable: You know much about the Galactica, having been undercover here for several years. You know there is exactly one (1) sane town cop aboard, and zero (0) cops of other sanities. You know that President Roslin is a Mason Recruiter who can only recruit town players to her chat; she does not know that she can't recruit scum. You know that while there are no spies who can read private messages, there may be a role that can determine whether private messages were sent at all. And you know that Chief Galen Tyrol has a 1-shot reflector power that, when activated, will reflect the night powers of anyone who targets him.

Crazy?: You may receive messages from Gauis Baltar at some point during the game. You don't know how or why, but he shows up in your head from time to time.

Backup: If cjquines - Cylon Number 1 (Cavil) - dies, you will take over some or all of his abilities.

Tag: You can target one player every night. This does nothing, but may confuse any trackers or watchers or activate any passive abilities.

Safe claim: You can safely claim to be Callandra "Cally" Henderson.

Cjquines:
Cylon Model Number 1 (Cavil)

You are SCUM, along with Tormod (Number 6). Your win condition is to eliminate the Town and have at least one Cylon survive to the end.

Scum: You may PM Tormod – Cylon Number 6 – freely during the night. Tormod can PM you once per day, however you CANNOT respond during the day.

Mastermind: You are the Cylon Mastermind, pulling all the strings. Chief Galen Tyrol - wam - is one of the Final Five Cylons. But since you erased his memories, he doesn't know that he's one of you. He thinks he's a human. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace holds the key to unlocking his memory. If she dies, then wam/Tyrol will remember who he really is and will join your side. You may send wam unlimited PMs for the duration of the entire game. Keep in mind that he has a TOWN win condition, cannot respond to your PMs, and does not know you are a Cylon unless you tell him so.

Night Kill: Every night you can choose to kill one player.

Extra Kill: You have a 1-shot kill that is successful ONLY if it targets a cop. You may submit this kill at any time, day or night. Whether the kill is successful or not, the players will be informed "Scum has used their 1-shot anytime Extra Kill."
Safe claim: You can safely claim to be Commander William Adama.

Moody7277:
Captain Lee Adama

As CAG, you can place other players aboard Galactica under surveillance.

Jailor: Every night you can target one player to simultaneously roleblock them and protect them from any kill or cult power. Any other night power will still work on your jailed target. You cannot target yourself.

Track and Watch: Instead of using the Jailor power, you can alternatively choose to track and watch your target instead. You will see who they visited and who visited them, though not the powers that were used. You cannot target yourself.

Mpolo:
Karl "Helo" Agathon

Cult-blocker: Every night you can target one player to protect from being recruited by a Cult. This power only prevents TOWN players from being recruited by a SCUM faction. You cannot target yourself.

Weak Roleblock: In addition to your Cult-blocking power, every night you can target one player to roleblock. This ability is weak, which means it is applied after most other abilities affecting you have been resolved. For example, if another player roleblocks or kills you, your roleblock will not work.

Bluebambue:
President Lara Roslin

You are the leader of what remains of the human race.

Mason Leader: Every night you can target one player to recruit them to your mason chat. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace (a.k.a. dimochka) is initially a member of your mason group. You can only PM at night, and you must always include all living members of the mason group.

Sick with Cancer: You will die at the end of Day 3 unless you get healed.

Xenomortis:
Anastasia "Dee" Dualla

Surveillance: Every night you must target two different players, one with a tracker ability and one with a watcher ability. Then you will choose just one (1) of those powers to be active for the night, and the other to just be a dummy power (i.e. it will activate passive abilities, and any other trackers/watchers would see you use your dummy power, but you will not get a result). You cannot pick a power to be active if that same power was active and successful on the previous night. The tracker ability means that you see who your target targeted (if anyone) and the watcher ability means that you see who targeted your target (if anyone).

Dimochka:
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

Mysterious Past: Recently you have been having this bad feeling that if you die, something horrible will happen to what remains of the human race. Whether this is simply survival instinct or something more, you aren't sure. Perhaps you will uncover additional clues as the game progresses…

Mason: You are initially a member of President Roslin's (bluebambue) Mason group. You can PM with the group every night.

Lataro:
Dr. Gauis Baltar

You are a SURVIVOR. Your win condition is to survive to the end of the game.

Gauis Baltar cares about one thing and one thing only. Himself. Unfortunately for him, he seems to have a knack for getting into the thick of things.

Sane Cop: Every night you can target one player to learn whether they are Human/Town or Cylon/Scum. You cannot target yourself. There may be one (1) miller in the game (or not), but there are definitely no godfathers.

Crazy?: You may receive messages from Cylon Number 6 at some point during the game. You don't know how or why, but she shows up in your head from time to time.

Nuclear Bomb: At any point during the game, day or night, you can activate a nuclear bomb that will destroy a significant portion of the fleet. The consequences of this ability are… vague. One thing you know for certain is that the bomb will definitely not kill you.

Roband:
Cylon Number 6

You are INDEPENDENT. Your goal is for Dr. Gauis Baltar (Lataro) to survive, for the Nuclear Bomb (???) to detonate, and for Cylon Scum to win.

Hallucination: You are just a figment of Dr. Baltar's brain. You may not vote or post content in thread. You may PM Lataro freely, and he can PM you back. However, I will not tell Lataro that you are officially part of the game, you'll have to convince him of that yourself.

Pre-programmed: You must tell Baltar/Lataro in your first PM that: the Cylons were informed there is exactly one cop in the game AND they have been given a 1-shot cop-only anytime kill.

Mysterious Apparition: Twice per game, you may PM someone other than Lataro regarding the game. You are free to divulge any information you want. You can only do this as long as Baltar is alive.

And obviously, you can't read spoilers.

Actions:
Spoiler:
Night 1:

Wam: eavesdrop on Lataro
Mpolo: cult-block wam, roleblock cjquines
Lataro: cop N/A
Deva: tag N/A
Cjquines: kill Xeno
Bluebambue: recruit mpolo
Xenomortis: watch mpolo, tag cjquines

Results:
Wam: told Lataro did not PM anyone last night.
Mpolo: "noted"
Cjquines: "Noted"
Bluebambue, dimochka, mpolo: President Lara Roslin (bluebambue) has recruited you to her mason chat. The mason group consists of bluebambue and dimochka. Bluebambue has sent you the below message. You CANNOT PM during the day; only at night.
bluebambue wrote:Hi, welcome to the mason group. I don't really have anything to say.

Xenomortis: told that mpolo was visited by bluebambue

Night 2:

Wam: reflect, kill mpolo
Mpolo: cult-block dimochka, roleblock Xeno
Bluebambue: recruit wam
Xenomortis: track wam, tag blue

Results:
Xeno: wam targeted wam and bluebambue
Bluebambue and dimochka: wam's recruitment was unsuccessful.

Good game everyone!
-Adam

Xenomortis

Re: Battlestafia Galacticafia PyP - Game Over: Town Win!

Postby Xenomortis » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:26 pm UTC

*phew*

Adam wrote:Mysterious Past: Recently you have been having this bad feeling that if you die, something horrible will happen to what remains of the human race. Whether this is simply survival instinct or something more, you aren't sure. Perhaps you will uncover additional clues as the game progresses…

And you were ready to die, dim?

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

Posted Day Two in spoilers already.

Day Three:
Spoiler:
Galactica Day Three Words Bar.jpg

Galactica Day Three Posts Bar.jpg

Code: Select all

Word.Count Posts
Xenomortis       1364    14
wam               855    12
dimochka          709    12
bluebambue        391    10

Mean Word Count: 829.75
Mean Posts: 12

Overall:
Spoiler:
Galactica Overall Words Bar.jpg

Galactica Overall Posts Bar.jpg

Code: Select all

Word.Count Posts
Xenomortis       3545    42
mpolo            3521    33
Deva             3063    30
dimochka         2326    37
wam              2317    34
Lataro           1590    12
bluebambue       1398    26
moody7277         629    11
cjquines          289     6

Overall Mean Word Count: 2075.333
Overall Mean Posts: 25.66667

Thanks for the game. Begins the official Tea Party now.

Mystery: Why did cjquines have the nightkill? Controlled the kill. Had to be him.

Almost "won" on Day Two. Needed wam to hammer Xenomortis then. Expected to enter Day Three as Lataro, mpolo, dimochka, wam, and Deva. Planned to wait for a cop claim, and then shoot them. Considered claiming cop also.

Chose a poor claim, however. (Blames the long day somewhat too. Did not want to post, regardless of alignment.) Guessed bluebambue's role, somewhat. Expected someone quieter to have daychat. Claimed message writer later. Banked on that.

Sip tea

Gaius Baltar's (see: Adam H's) Night One message:
Adam H wrote:You just received the following message:
Gauis Baltar wrote:Hey number six, it's your old friend Gauis here. There's no reason to believe me, but if this message wasn't real - would you be seeing it? And even if you're imagining it, it's worth listening to.

I'm here to help you, discuss ongoing things in the game and potentially help you in other ways (not sexually, that was weird enough in the show - let alone via PM for a forum game).

So, things you should know. Number 1: I want you to win. It's not the only way I can win, but it's the easiest.

I know a few things about your role: I know that you are scum, that the power that allows me to contact you is called "Crazy?" and I know that you were given a safe claim of Cally. I don't know who your scummates are but if you told me then I would help. Again, I want you to win.

Note: "Gauis".

One-shot Daykill: Owed Lataro anyways. Should have shot him earlier (with three votes on Xenomortis). Lacked solid information, unfortunately.

Set conditionals for the kill at three votes. Did not know if wam inherited it.

Sip tea

@Xenomortis: Congratulations on surviving. Pressured you every day. Tried to nightkill you Night One too.

@Most players: Why did you never underline vote? Planned to fake murder someone (before entering the game). Never remotely approached a majority.

@Day Three players: Did anyone buy into cult?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:41 pm UTC

@Adam H:

Flavor: Felt more confused about role flavor than day flavor. Understands some creative license, though.

Setup: Seemed slightly Mafia-favored, despite losing. Benefitted a lot from a back-up. Balanced out better with the modkill.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

I was afraid from mentioning to everyone that, apparently, I heard the music as well... that would've very likely ended in my lynch.

@Xeno: All I knew is that I heard the music too after CJ died. Granted, I saw an explanation for this in the flavor, but I thought it would be more beneficial to keep quiet.a

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:24 am UTC

I was pretty convinced that my cult block wasn't doing anything, just because of the size of the game. On the other hand, I kind of had to say something about it, because if it had been true, we would have been flying blind.

We almost blocked wam and recruited Xeno on N2, which would have made me a perfect roleblocker — not that it mattered, since the roleblock wouldn't have prevented my death. Fortunately, I had trusted the mason team with the fact that the roleblock was weak. [I figured that since I was recruited N1, the other two had to be starting members, and therefore with very high probability twon.]

Good game, all. Thanks for creating/modding, Adam!
Image <-- Evil experiment

roband

Postby roband » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm UTC

Lataro is so non-trusting...

wam

Postby wam » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 pm UTC

There was a point I thought I had this but my lack of psoting Day 2 due to illness let me down. Also I should have killed dimochka, I had missed the link between him and blue. Right time to read spoilers have been to busy to catch up.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:19 pm UTC

Deva wrote:Flavor: Felt more confused about role flavor than day flavor. Understands some creative license, though.

What specifically was confusing? Just curious.

You have to change the story at some point when you do flavor for mafia games. When I decide flavor I try to keep characters the same while changing the initial conditions as little as possible (e.g. I think the only thing I changed was that Helo was aboard BSG). If game mechanics require the plot to change, that's OK as long as it's in the spirit or theme of the base material (e.g. wam's scum conversion hypothetically being triggered by dimochka's death).

Season 4 Spoilers:
Spoiler:
Did they even ever tell us what triggered the final five music? Was it just Cavil's whim?
-Adam

Return to “Mafia”