Trial of the Pariahs - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

moody7277

Re: Trial of the Pariahs - Day 2

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:40 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:Wait, what? SirG is in no way cleared by point one. I agree that it is more likely, based purely on what's been claimed, that dim is scum and SirG is town, but it is very very far from certain.

If JabkHK flips town, SirG is definitely scum, Carlington is most likely scum, and dim is cleared. I suppose what people are nervous about regarding SirG is: a. he mentioned the possibility of a false inventor, and lo one shows up as if he already knew, b. we had been speculating about a lie detector (based on prodding by SirG) and he gets a scum result with it on his first try.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:49 pm UTC

Feeling a little sick/woozy/light-headed for this post so excuse me if it's not very sensical.

My question got accepted and I think it's a pretty good one. It'll contain information very useful to town and it'll probably also be good for scum to know, too (but much better for town, not gonna lie).

It's also going to help me a lot, I hope.

It contains 11 words and one set of parentheses (i.e. the following two characters () each appear exactly once). Style: no nesting, no percentages, straightforward Q&A.

Also - why would scum have arrested dim? All the info against dim has come out as the result of N1, which scum!arresting-guy could not have known. That's a really weird theory to come out with.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:55 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Also - why would scum have arrested dim? All the info against dim has come out as the result of N1, which scum!arresting-guy could not have known. That's a really weird theory to come out with.
I think I suggested this early on on D2, but if SirG is scum, and dimochka is town, lying!SirG hopes to convince town that dimochka is scum, so we dedicate our D3 lynch to lynch dimochka. Assuming fairly standard 3 mislynches = town loss (and presumably scum win), SirG et al then simply have to convince everyone today to mislynch someone in order to win. If dimochka weren't arrested, we would probably lynch him today, he flips town, then SirG is likely scum. By arresting him, scum delay the flip and therefore revelation of SirG's lying until it's too late.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:58 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:I suppose what people are nervous about regarding SirG is: a. he mentioned the possibility of a false inventor, and lo one shows up as if he already knew, b. we had been speculating about a lie detector (based on prodding by SirG) and he gets a scum result with it on his first try.

I had reason to believe dim was scum, and clearly others agreed, since he almost got lynched D1. So when he claimed inventor, I checked for possible roles where that could be a safe claim. There were only ten results for searching for "inventor" on Mafia Universe, and having the role of False Inventor seems like the most likely explanation for scum!dim to claim Inventor. Then I used my lie detector on someone many people including myself believed to be scum and found out that he was scum. It's as simple as that.

generalz

Postby generalz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:10 pm UTC

After reading all recent posts, especially JackHK's and jimbob's (his scenario is quite scary), I believe we should lynch SirGabriel as well. And I would like to see if we could use JackHK's power to our advantage...
In any case, I can also use my Dreamer powers tonight, either to reveal 1 Town or another (hopefully different) group of 3.

Sabrar

Re: Trial of the Pariahs - Day 1

Postby Sabrar » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:08 pm UTC

Deadline is in ~4 days. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
JackHK - 3 (moody7277, Madge, SirGabriel)

Not voting: everyone else

Tied votals will result in a No Lynch.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:33 pm UTC

Just a random thought as I go to bed, what would the implications of all three of SirG, moody, and dimochka being mafia? Seeing as they're the three most involved in this mess, as far as I can tell.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:42 am UTC

Finishing up things now and will be able to catch up on everything and comment soon. Obviously I think lynching SirG is a better idea than lynching Jack, but once I review what happened while I was gone I'll see if my opinion changes.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:12 pm UTC

JackHK wrote:Just a random thought as I go to bed, what would the implications of all three of SirG, moody, and dimochka being mafia? Seeing as they're the three most involved in this mess, as far as I can tell.

All 3 bring Mafia together could mean that they plan to get Madge and whoever the 4th faction is to vote with them for control of 5 votes out of the 9 remaining should we mislynch and have a night kill tonight, or 4 out of 8 if one of them is targeted by the Magistrate. For this reason, I find it difficult to believe that there are 3 mafia members in the game, also because the non-townies would have been capable of taking over the Lynch day 2 if we mislynched someone else, and town had been the target of the magistrate and silencer or if the night kill had not been prevented. What I am wondering is that given that we have had investigative rolls claim and we likely have a protective roll, is there a compelling reason for us to not try to follow the pseudo-cop(s)? Between Last night's lack of night kill and a no Lynch today, we would be able to Lynch dimochka based on the results we have gotten tomorrow and we would have basically just gotten an extra night's worth of information compared to where one would expect the game to be by now.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:01 pm UTC

Ok, here goes with some reads based purely on today's content. I've got the Olympics on in the background, so this might be rather disjointed... Order is loosely those who I feel most important to get thoughts on. Oh, and apologies in advance for the wall of text.

Starting off with generalz: I don't remember what exactly it was that made me consider him townier than before, but on reread his pointing out that there could be more than one scum amongst his claimed results felt like a townie thing to say. If scum were fake claiming this role, I doubt they'd have bothered elaborating on that any further. Has virtually no other content, apart from supporting my suggestion re. lynching SirG. Needs to post some reads, preferably with some more explanations than D1.

@generalz - regarding your action tonight, I think the three person, one (or more) scum could be marginally more useful.

SirGabriel: My instincts today have been that SirG's claim was a little convenient. I mean, it makes sense: SirG starts the lie detector claims, targets his claimed scummiest read, and gets scum, but it almost feels too easy. My gut says that a lie detector is somewhat unlikely as a chosen role, because although it's not often used, it is fairly well known. Interestingly, with regards to the claims from generalz and Jack, he said this "obviously we need to analyze their content" before suggesting Jack being the best candidate because of the overlap in lists. More recently, when he voted Jack, perhaps somewhat conveniently there was nothing that stood out to distinguish Jack from generalz with regards to scumminess. Also, could be viewed to be playing down the likelihood of a magistrate-type role with his discussion of ConMan's flip. If scum!SirG or a teammate targeted dimochka with that ability, it would be in scum's interest to play down the likelihood of scum targeting dimochka, since that would likely make him town. I spotted something else, which I might be overthinking, but in regards to testing moody's ability, SirG said this:
SirGabriel wrote:Obviously, having me target him won't help anything, since I'm accused of being his scumbuddy.
Later on he goes on to claim that he can't use his ability on consecutive nights, but his first point implies that he could target moody tonight. Now, it is possible that he has a different ability that he can use, or it could be a slip, e.g. he forgot he'd said this, and then decides he doesn't want to fabricate a result tomorrow (I'm not sure why not, so this is a bit of a stretch admittedly). I expect a truthful townie would be more likely to point out that he couldn't target moody tonight. Finally, he's barely mentioned several of the players today, which isn't great.

Momentary pause. That last paragraph was a rather tunnelling set of accusations. Let's see if I can look at things from the "SirG is town" perspective: clearly, if SirGabriel is being truthful about his role, it makes perfect sense for him to claim it, and his chosen target is entirely consistent with his D1 stance on dimochka. He tries to look at different possibilities regarding what could explain dimochka's claim, which means he's not outright leaving it as a foregone conclusion. First (I think) to point out that we can verify moody's ability by targeting him. Makes reasonable points about dimochka not knowing his being a false inventor when moody knows he is. His lack of mention of most players kind of makes sense, given the claims we have had, so isn't exactly damning.

JackHK: His claim is consistent with his previous statements, and I could definitely believe it as being accurate (if he'd claimed no scum on the wagon, I'd have been a little surprised for example). He never answered my question regarding his lack of vote D1, which isn't good for him. Seems to be happy to be lynched, which I'm not sure what to make of. I think that sort of statement is more likely to come from town, to be honest. Does some reasonable analysis of his results, although I think it misses out some reasonable possibilities (such as some kind of redirection). Could do with some player reads, like most players.

dimochka: Has posted very little so far this week, which was understandable early on, given his previously stated outside issues, but I'd have expected to see more from him by now. I can't decide whether scum!dimochka would be more likely to claim having given a medkit or not. Given moody's claim, I'm thinking not, i.e. scum!dimochka made the expected claim. Hmm... here's a thought, could dimochka be some kind of jester? I dunno, that was a bit of a random thought, so I don't really think so. I'm torn as to whether to believe the possibility that dimochka was blocked somehow and that moody lied or not. Did not answer my question on his (lack of) D1 vote (but not really an issue given it would have been clear where he'd vote).

moody: Seems to have already made up his mind, and won't be swayed, about what he's doing tonight. Provides a reasonable set of logical deductions about the web of claims. Of course, it's all from his point of view, so omits the cases where he is scum. I also noticed that it doesn't include any cases where anybody is independent, which I think is a significant omission, nor does it mention the possibility that there is a false inventor as well as town-inventor!dimochka (of course in the latter case, it would require dimochka to be roleblocked). As I mentioned before, I'm not comfortable with how both his and SirG's claims conveniently work together. Someone should definitely verify his ability tonight, as discussed earlier.

Carlington: A lot of his thoughts today have matched my own. He could of course be copying mine, but given that he actually expanded on the roleblock/redirect dimochka scenario more than I did, by assigning moody a reasonable role, I think it's likely genuine. In particular, his caution on the JackHK wagon sounds good to me. I'm willing to buy the case that he is more likely an unwitting pawn in a scum strategy (either dimochka's claim or moody's) than a cooperating member. It also conveniently fits with the claim from Jack. As a side point, whilst I don't believe it to be the case, I reckon that if JackHK is scum, Carlington is a reasonable team-mate.

adnapemit: Her second of her two posts sounds like she is rather confused, which I think likely makes her town. Given Jack's claim, I also don't believe she (or Suzaku) is scum, because I reckon that moody is the most likely candidate due to their interaction with dimochka. I think her determination to not lynch simply to prove results is reasonable and another townie point to her.

Suzaku: As with adnapemit, I doubt Suzaku is scum thanks to Jack's result. Again, like Carlington, his thoughts reflect my own, which sticks him in my good books as well. I am uncertain whether he also deliberately ignored the Role Thief option proposed by Carlington, or whether he missed it.

matt: Never responded to my question about his potential independent alignment, nor the one about his (lack of) vote on D1. Has posted very little today at all. Briefly discusses possible setup, suggests No Lynch and follow the pseudo-cops. I don't think we get enough clear information for that to work. Note that along with me, he is about the only player to not be tangled up in all the claims in some way.

@Matt - please go back and answer those questions. Alternatively, if you are independent, feel free to simply say you are.

Madge: I think it extremely likely that Madge is who she says she is. In answer to her question about why would scum arrest dimochka - to delay his inevitable lynch following SirG's claim to D3, so that scum!SirG doesn't get revealed as scum until it is too late.

Other miscellaneous points:
dimochka and moody should definitely give different things to undisclosed people (breadcrumbing who might be a good idea, in case they die) tonight (but say what they're planning on giving), and should claim first tomorrow (or at least nobody claim whether they received gifts or not until they have claimed) who they gave it to. They should obviously make sure to give it to players who are looking particularly townie.

I don't agree with SirG's belief that ConMan was able to use his ability during the day (and was actually a magistrate-like ability). This just doesn't seem likely for the nature of the ability. Does anybody feel like it's worth the magistrate (or whoever is preventing dimochka's lynch today) claiming, or at least the remaining players who haven't claimed to say that it wasn't them? I feel like knowing if it is a scum ability would significantly help sort out this mess, as it seems unlikely that scum!dimochka would have been the target of this by his own team.

Town to scum list (omitting likely independent Madge):
adnapemit
Suzaku
generalz
Carlington
JackHK (scum if SirG is town)
matt96
moody
dimochka (town if SirG is scum)
SirGabriel

Having thought about it and after reading matt's post, I reckon scum are SirG and moody, with possibly one other; Madge is indie; one other player is indie, probably anti-town, unless there are three scum. If I was going to vote today (I still might), I'd be voting SirGabriel at this point.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:21 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:He never answered my question regarding his lack of vote D1, which isn't good for him.

Didn't I? Basically, my reasoning was that I didn't have any good scum reads, and was unwilling to trust my weak suspicions given my lack of experience.

Otherwise I like this post a lot. I think it has solidified my position regarding generalz and SirGabriel. generalz is probably town, as far as I can tell, which almost forces ne to believe that SirG is mafia. Thus:

Vote SirGabriel

generalz

Postby generalz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:57 am UTC

(still on holiday this week, posting from the phone, not very easy to make long posts, will be better next week)

A few reads from today:

Jimbob: Excellent post and analysis, agreeing with him on most points. Definitely town for me.
Matt96: Suggests a no lynch and does not answer jimbob's question regarding his independent status. Probably independent, with a winning condition based on lynching or not.
JackHK: Agrees with jimbob's post, just like me. I would like to see his 2nd power. Town.
Dimochka: Not much content today, still conviced he can be Mafia if SirG flips scum (see my thoughts from D1). Scummy.
Moody: Would like to see if he changed his mind about SirG vs JackHK after jimbob's analysis. Neutral.
Carlington: Does not follows JackHK's bandwagon and might consider it suspiscious. For this reason, he looks town to me.
Madge: Independent since the beginning, hopefully her question could lead to interesting info.
Suzaku: Not much to say about him, his thoughts seem to match mine and jimbob's. Towny.
Adnap: Gives a lot of theories about possible setups, but it does not give much information, and seems to only create confusion. For this reason, slightly scummy.

To summarize (scummiest to towniest):
SirG, dim, adnap, moody, carlington, suzaku, jackHk, jimbob
Independent:
Madge, matt96

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:03 am UTC

Okay, so I'm conflicted. SirG and moody look townie to me. But I cannot shake the feeling that I'm somebody's concert grand, and I will not be a patsy. I can hear DJ Khaled's voice in my head, entreating me "Don't play yourself" and I fear that by morning it will have metamorphosed into "Congratulations...you played yourself!"
jimbob's having spotted that potential slip from SirG isn't helping, nor is the fact that SirG and moody are both on JackHK's wagon.
It occurs to me that we could exonerate dimochka and thus implicate SirGabriel if someone claimed having received one of the items that dimochka can send. That would be a one for one trade at worst, if scum killed the claimer. It also occurs that the Role Thief role I linked earlier both blocks and steals the power, so from the outside it's indistinguishable from the scenario we ostensibly have now. It doesn't make any sense for scum to redirect a town power to target scum, since they have no way of knowing for sure which power they're redirecting, and it could be an investigative ability. It's too risky. So if dimka is town and was redirected to moody, then moody is town.

Alright, I can agonise over this forever or I can cast a vote.
Let's use logic. The most informative lynch candidates are clearly SirG and JackHK. What are the best and worst case scenaria for each lynch?

Lynch JackHK:
Best Case: JackHK is scum.
Outcome: We successfully lynch scum. Go team!

Worst Case: JackHK is town.
Outcome: We are at presumed MYLO, having mislynched twice. What have we gained? A confirmed list of potential lynch candidates, which we now need to analyse accurately in just one day while not being confounded by scum. No pressure.

Lynch SirGabriel:
Best Case: SirGabriel is scum.
Outcome: We successfully lynch scum. We're all heroes. Every god-damn one of us.

Worst case: SirGabriel is town.
Outcome: We are again at presumed MYLO, having mislynched twice. What have we gained? Well, we have a confirmed lie detector result on dimochka, so we lynch him D3 and we've got a one-for-one trade. We're not in a great position, but we're as well off as we could really hope to be after two consecutive mislynched, and we have a shot at clinching it since we've narrowed scum to being between JackHK and generalz.

I propose the following plan of action: we lynch SirGabriel today. As insurance against the worst case scenario, if possible, someone (or someones, redundancy probably won't hurt) should take an action tonight that has the potential to exonerate or incriminate one of JackHK and generalz - any information that can help town choose between the two of them, should it come to that, will be invaluable.

Vote: SirGabriel

Now that I've said my piece, time to go and lock in a night action.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

generalz

Postby generalz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:24 am UTC

EBWOP I almost forgot to:

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:26 am UTC

Unofficial Votals:
JackHK - 3 (moody7277, Madge, SirGabriel)
SirGabriel - 3 (JackHK, Carlington, generalz)

Not voting: jimbobmacdoodle, Suzaku, adnapemit, matt96

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:27 am UTC

EBWOP: dimochka's also not voting but like obvs

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:29 am UTC

Carlington's convinced me based on the worst case scenarios.

unvote

vote: SirGabriel
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:16 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Does anybody feel like it's worth the magistrate (or whoever is preventing dimochka's lynch today) claiming, or at least the remaining players who haven't claimed to say that it wasn't them? I feel like knowing if it is a scum ability would significantly help sort out this mess, as it seems unlikely that scum!dimochka would have been the target of this by his own team.

I did not arrest dimochka. I would like it if the person who did claimed, I don't see any reason why it would be bad to claim and I do think it will be helpful if we knew.

generalz wrote:Adnap: Gives a lot of theories about possible setups, but it does not give much information, and seems to only create confusion.

I'm just trying to look at things from every possibility. I don't want to follow what everyone else thinks, I want to decide for myself because it's what I think and not because it's something scum is telling me to do.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:51 am UTC

Ok, having thought about it, I agree that whoever arrested dimochka should claim (for the record, it wasn't me). My theory is that scum arrested dimochka, and that they have already claimed, so can't claim to have arrested him as well (or at least not believably).
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:16 am UTC

Okay, I was hoping not to have to do this, since it just sounds so crazy, but here is the truth: I am not town. I am not a lie detector. There is an aspect to my role which I'm not allowed to claim or hint at, which is why I didn't claim before and why I'm not fully claiming now. I do know that dimochka is scum. Also, I'm the reason there was no nightkill last night, and if I'm alive there won't be one tonight either.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:28 am UTC

... This puts a little bit of a spanner into what I planned to do. I don't believe SirG, since it reeks of desperation, but I intended to use my other power tonight, that of Pope, which lets me protect everyone from the Mafia faction kill during one night. I figured that we'd prefer more wiggle room for making mistakes than getting info from the night kill, since we have so many claims etc already.
Of course, now if no-one dies tonight, we have two claims for responsibility.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:46 am UTC

@JackHK - you can make your action conditional, so you could say something like "use power, unless SirG is lynched".

@SirG, other than the lack of a night kill tonight, why should we believe you and leave you alive?

In its current state, I don't believe SirG. Guaranteed to prevent two night kills, and knowledge of another player being scum? Oh, and conveniently he can't fully claim. All too convenient or potentially powerful.

If there's another independent out there, now would be a very good time to claim, even just claiming independent without saying in what form would be sufficient, I feel.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

generalz

Postby generalz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:55 am UTC

Agreed with jimbob and JackHK, what SirG just claimed looks rather desperate and convenient. Even if he is telling the truth, that would not make him less scummy to my eyes.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:02 pm UTC

EBWOP: Also, in case it's not clear, I am not a magistrate and did not arrest dimochka.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@JackHK - you can make your action conditional, so you could say something like "use power, unless SirG is lynched".

Sorry, I haven't thought it through much, but could you explain why this is better than just using my power anyway? Do you mean that if SirG is lynched, FMPOV we're down 1 mafia and don't need to waste the power so soon. Because frankly, now that I have claimed, I'm rather afraid of being killed tonight if I don't use my power.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:08 pm UTC

That is a strange thing to claim and should be easy to disprove if someone else claimed to be responsible but unless they had a single night power I wouldn't expect someone to claim and make themselves a target for scum.( I am not sure Jack revealing his ability was a good idea although I can see why he needed to)
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@JackHK - you can make your action conditional, so you could say something like "use power, unless SirG is lynched".

Wouldn't it be "use power if SirG is lynched" using it with SirGabriel alive would result in both claiming to be responsible like Jack mentioned. (ninja'd by jack)
[adnapemit|timepanda]

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:23 pm UTC

adnapemit wrote:That is a strange thing to claim and should be easy to disprove if someone else claimed to be responsible but unless they had a single night power I wouldn't expect someone to claim and make themselves a target for scum.( I am not sure Jack revealing his ability was a good idea although I can see why he needed to)

Referring to SirGabriel's claim, in case I wasn't clear.
[adnapemit|timepanda]

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:33 pm UTC

Woops, yes, I meant use the power, if SirG is lynched, (or you don't believe his claim of course).
BlitzGirl the Primordial

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:45 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Woops, yes, I meant use the power, if SirG is lynched, (or you don't believe his claim of course).

OK, that makes more sense. I think I'll use it anyway, though, for the reason I said before - I don't really wanna be night-killed.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:57 pm UTC

I found two roles on the mafiauniverse list* that are both third-party and protective, and neither maps on to SirG's claim very well. That's not proof that it's false, as there's precedent in Madge's role for weird mélanges to be in the game, but it's not in his favour. I'm not unvoting.

I didn't arrest dimochka. The pool of people who can still claim to have done so is very small.

There's another deduction to be made, but there's not quite enough information here yet. I need to see a couple of posts first.

*(FWIW, I've been sorting by "Role Frequency" and giving priority to roles that are categorised as being used "Rarely". In the interest of full transparency, that's the one major flaw I think exists in the moody/SirG scumteam theory outlined by jimbob and myself - but I think that the possibility of Sabrar taking a role listed as "Occasionally" and twisting it a bit is high enough to counterweight that drawback.)

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:18 pm UTC

Unofficial Votals:
JackHK - 2 (moody7277, SirGabriel)
SirGabriel - 4 (JackHK, Carlington, generalz, Madge)

Not voting: jimbobmacdoodle, Suzaku, adnapemit, matt96

6 to hammer.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:31 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:I found two roles on the mafiauniverse list* that are both third-party and protective, and neither maps on to SirG's claim very well.

My role is a combination of two roles on mafia universe, if that helps.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:42 pm UTC

You said that you weren't meant to even hint at certain aspects of your role, so it seems as if you're flirting with mod kill by even saying that much. Please don't say any more if it'll get you fried by lighting from on high.

generalz

Postby generalz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:51 pm UTC

Oh I forgot to tell that I didnt arrest Dimochka either... Still looking at roles that could fit SirG's claim but did not find any.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:09 pm UTC

--Already claimed a power, so I'm not the one who arrested dimochka.

--SirG's most recent antics really look bad.

--Regarding tonight, I'm going to go with my sarcastic offer.

Unvote

The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:37 pm UTC

Deadline is in 2 days and a bit. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
SirGabriel - 5 (JackHK, Carlington, generalz, Madge, moody7277)
JackHK - 1 (SirGabriel)

Not voting: adnapemit, dimochka, matt96, jimbobmacdoodle, Suzaku

Tied votals will result in a No Lynch.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:55 pm UTC

Don't hammer him yet, I'm working on a post covering how obviously he is lying

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:42 pm UTC

matt96 wrote:Don't hammer him yet, I'm working on a post covering how obviously he is lying

There's a reason I didn't want to have to claim, because it's such a crazy role. But, as my flip will make clear if I die (which I would prefer not to happen today), everything I've said today (as in real-life day, not game day) is true.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:46 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:You said that you weren't meant to even hint at certain aspects of your role, so it seems as if you're flirting with mod kill by even saying that much. Please don't say any more if it'll get you fried by lighting from on high.

You don't really have to worry about that, because his claim is almost certainly bullshit. In order for there to be four factions like Madge has claimed to have gotten from her oracle power, Madge would have to be lying(about results or more likely alignment) or there would have to be no mafia faction. I know this for certain because I actually am an independent, and the magistrate people have been looking for. Why would I target the surviving player with the most votes on them? Well, I hope none of you are fans of McCarthyism or Red Dawn, because I am a Communist. I figured pulling the player with the most Day 1 suspicion on them might encourage people to wait out their lynch immunity, giving me my win. I would like to hear Madge's exact role, because their was one thing I noticed about the construction of my role name that I'm not sure how it would fit with Madge's claim, although it is not like claiming a third party protective role was the worst idea for SirG to do, as it could explain
SirGabriel wrote:not sure whether roles who might have blocked/prevented the kill should claim as such (normally a doctor claim wouldn't be a good idea this point, but since we already have two powerful investigative roles claimed, claiming doctor won't necessarily make you a target).

It looks like SirGabriel is online, so I'll post this as is to give him ample time to respond.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:30 pm UTC

matt's strategy is pretty terrible for a Communist. Do the math: three mafia plus one Oracle plus one Communist working together could very easily result in a win for all five of them if there's no vig; all Communist!matt would have to do is get someone mislynched today and then tomorrow claim his role and his willingness to work with the mafia. But matt claims he's working with town instead, who would never have a reason to support a no lynch and might never be able to afford a no lynch. I can't see any good reason why someone with that win condition would play like that. However, I can see a good reason why mafia!matt would delay town!dimochka's lynch and then make a Communist claim at this point in the day to try to force a mislynch.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:43 pm UTC

Please nobody hammer. We need to discuss the latest claim. In fact, please could someone invite SirG for now, to prevent a quick hammer.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Return to “Mafia”