Multiverse Mafia Return to Reality! Town and Survivor Wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

cjquines

Re: Multiverse Mafia Return to Reality! Town and Survivor Wi

Postby cjquines » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:01 am UTC

Sorry to my scummates, that was terrible play from me.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:10 am UTC

Suzaku wrote:Thanks Lataro, that was a great game :D

Although only managing to get two recruits and one kill to go through in a game this long - by the FSM that was frustrating.

@Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.

I'll take that as a compliment ;)
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:16 am UTC

It was meant as one :P
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:49 am UTC

Thanks all for the kudos.

This was definitely a challenging game to run. The complexity has only been matched by Evil Auction for past games I've put on.

Overall, I feel like things were fairly well balanced, with maybe a bias towards anti town, since the break down was 8 scum, two survivors, and 10 town. The counterpoint to that was all the blocking power and protection townies had, with the TVRBO, CBJ, and Resistance Member. I felt like anti-town did not make the best plays, nor did the evil wizards utilize their spells effectively. Things would have gone SO much different if Lynx had spectral horror'ed StubbsKVM as soon as he claimed.

If I were to run this game again, I would pry remove the wizardry roles, since by large, they were under utilized, and their biggest achievements were countering other wizardry elements. I'm not sure who I'd put in place as my masons and second mafia. Speaking of the mafia, I really really pleased with the design for the Secret Mafia, if only they hadn't been all but completely destroyed by the end of night one. I think they would have proven a true threat once they hit their stride N3, and when the kills started flying, it would have made everyone rather paranoid, since the idea was to have the roles that made them up completely unrelated to each other, beyond the scumminess of their role names.

I never expected this game to reach a day eight. I was afraid it would end VERY early with all the kill power in this game. A good use of protection abilities, and bad kill choices though made it stretch out much longer. By day five I was worried it would never end at the pace things were moving.

As I said in Star Trek mafia, I dislike running games this large as a rule. They create a lot to keep track of, and while they give a lot of freedom to introduce creative roles, it can be very hard to balance the game such that each faction has a fair chance at winning the game. This game went fairly smooth compared to my expectations when I started it. I think if I ever run a game this size again, I'll look for a processing co-mod, someone who can help keep the game going smooth with votals, announcements, and the likes, but can also be someone else to read over the actions list and make sure nothing was missed before moving to the next phase. The mistake that was made happened purely because I rushed the start of the night and forgot to record the roleblock at that time, so that when I processed night actions later, it wasn't listed due to that oversight. Another pair of eyes would definitely help with that situation.

A fun game to make and run though, and I hope everyone else enjoyed it as well. Thanks all for playing!
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

lynx

Postby lynx » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 pm UTC

Lataro wrote:Things would have gone SO much different if Lynx had spectral horror'ed StubbsKVM as soon as he claimed.

I was *this* close to doing exactly that. I wrote out the PM two or three times.
But every time I balked as I wanted him to get a pro-town cop result on me first.

We just couldn't get the kills right at the beginning, and my alter alignment spell could probably have been used to better effect as well.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:26 am UTC

cjquines wrote:Sorry to my scummates, that was terrible play from me.

I want to echo this statement - I really shouldn't have claimed my vote armour which I now see was balanced to ensure the secret mafia had a decent chance at getting their kill on N3. With all the vote and other power craziness running around, if I had picked up enough votes to be lynched and was saved by my vote armour it would probably have been taken to be some sort of wizardry power.

A very good game to watch, too! Pity Diemo died, I kind of wanted to hold out hope our faction would prevail regardless, but alas it wasn't to be.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

roband

Postby roband » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 am UTC

A win is a win.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:17 am UTC

See?
You don't believe me and this is what happens . . we win.

So glad I didn't put the lasers on in N3, otherwise Stubbs was Kaput!
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:49 am UTC

roband wrote:A win is a win.

But is it a triple win with bells on it?

Also I have wanted to pull a fake hammer for ages!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

roband

Postby roband » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:26 pm UTC

Mod's bro, bro - way OP.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

roband wrote:Mod's bro, bro - way OP.

Town cop, jailkeepr and Busdriver isn't.....

But yeah my role was way OP. What I will say is that normally I find playing as a survivor a bit dull but his was really enjoyable, thanks lataro!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

roband

Postby roband » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

Eh, I'm just jealous. I thought me and Lataro were bro's, is all :P

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

Such a pity I dies. I did have a lot of fun reading the spoilers though.

Thanks for the game Lataro
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Return to “Mafia”