Lulz Ensue Worldwide as Ahmedinejad's [FAKE] Past Comes Out

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Lulz Ensue Worldwide as Ahmedinejad's [FAKE] Past Comes Out

Postby aleflamedyud » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:11 pm UTC

President Ahmadinejad of Iran was actually born Mahmoud Sabourjian, a Jew. FUCK.

A photograph of the Iranian president holding up his identity card during elections in March 2008 clearly shows his family has Jewish roots.

A close-up of the document reveals he was previously known as Sabourjian – a Jewish name meaning cloth weaver. The short note scrawled on the card suggests his family changed its name to Ahmadinejad when they converted to embrace Islam after his birth.

The Sabourjians traditionally hail from Aradan, Mr Ahmadinejad's birthplace, and the name derives from "weaver of the Sabour", the name for the Jewish Tallit shawl in Persia. The name is even on the list of reserved names for Iranian Jews compiled by Iran's Ministry of the Interior.

Experts last night suggested Mr Ahmadinejad's track record for hate-filled attacks on Jews could be an overcompensation to hide his past.

Ali Nourizadeh, of the Centre for Arab and Iranian Studies, said: "This aspect of Mr Ahmadinejad's background explains a lot about him.

"Every family that converts into a different religion takes a new identity by condemning their old faith.

"By making anti-Israeli statements he is trying to shed any suspicions about his Jewish connections. He feels vulnerable in a radical Shia society."

A London-based expert on Iranian Jewry said that "jian" ending to the name specifically showed the family had been practising Jews.

"He has changed his name for religious reasons, or at least his parents had," said the Iranian-born Jew living in London. "Sabourjian is well known Jewish name in Iran."

A spokesman for the Israeli embassy in London said it would not be drawn on Mr Ahmadinejad's background. "It's not something we'd talk about," said Ron Gidor, a spokesman.

The Iranian leader has not denied his name was changed when his family moved to Tehran in the 1950s. But he has never revealed what it was change from or directly addressed the reason for the switch.

Relatives have previously said a mixture of religious reasons and economic pressures forced his blacksmith father Ahmad to change when Mr Ahmadinejad was aged four.

The Iranian president grew up to be a qualified engineer with a doctorate in traffic management. He served in the Revolutionary Guards militia before going on to make his name in hardline politics in the capital.

During this year's presidential debate on television he was goaded to admit that his name had changed but he ignored the jibe.

However Mehdi Khazali, an internet blogger, who called for an investigation of Mr Ahmadinejad's roots was arrested this summer.

Mr Ahmadinejad has regularly levelled bitter criticism at Israel, questioned its right to exist and denied the Holocaust. British diplomats walked out of a UN meeting last month after the Iranian president denounced Israel's 'genocide, barbarism and racism.'

Benjamin Netanyahu made an impassioned denunciation of the Iranian leader at the same UN summit. "Yesterday, the man who calls the Holocaust a lie spoke from this podium," he said. "A mere six decades after the Holocaust, you give legitimacy to a man who denies the murder of six million Jews while promising to wipe out the State of Israel, the State of the Jews. What a disgrace. What a mockery of the charter of the United Nations."

Mr Ahmadinejad has been consistently outspoken about the Nazi attempt to wipe out the Jewish race. "They have created a myth today that they call the massacre of Jews and they consider it a principle above God, religions and the prophets," he declared at a conference on the holocaust staged in Tehran in 2006.

I just want to be the first person to encourage him to return to his roots and make aliyah so we can show him his own people's traditional hospitality in the form of tea, chocolate balls, hamantashen (cookies shaped like triangle-hats and filled with jam or poppy seeds), and a solid foot up his ass for taking his own psychological issues out on us.

Edit topic to reflect the truth, as it's pretty common to just read the OP and not the following discussion, and well, it has been debunked.
Guardian article

- fjafjan
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Sharlos

Re: Lulz Ensue Worldwide as Ahmedinejad's Past Comes Out

Postby Sharlos » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:44 am UTC

Well, all his political rhetoric makes much more sense as personal rhetoric.

BlackSails

Postby BlackSails » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:53 am UTC

Really, its possible to show that just about anyone is from a jewish family if you look hard enough and go back enough generations.

Sharlos

Postby Sharlos » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:38 am UTC

BlackSails wrote:Really, its possible to show that just about anyone is from a jewish family if you look hard enough and go back enough generations.

Yeah, but not everyone spouts as much racial garbage. Especially when 'go back enough' means the name you were born with.

netcrusher88

Postby netcrusher88 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 am UTC

Converts are quite often the most vehemently anti-[what they used to be], so I imagine that's rather a big part of Ahmedinejad's antisemitism (and being a non-Israeli leader in the Middle East explains being anti-Israel), as well as (as one of the people quoted in the article pointed out) a bid to fit in in Iranian society.

Holocaust denial, on the other hand, seems to be fairly common (albeit newly so) among Middle Eastern anti-Israel leaders.

I really can't understand what could lead someone to reject their birth nation so utterly that they retcon genocide as a legend created to defend its existence. But then I don't know, one thing the article neglects to mention is how old Ahmedinejad was when he moved to Iran - he may have never considered Israel home.
Sexothermic
I have only ever made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. -Voltaire
They said we would never have a black president until Swine Flu. -Gears

Kizyr

Postby Kizyr » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:26 am UTC

Is it really so significant? I'm reminded of the theories (to varying degrees of accuracy) of Hitler and Stalin's Jewish roots. Even if his ethnic background were mostly Jewish, when his problems with Israel and Jews are religio-political, I don't see much of an irony here. KF
~Kizyr

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:46 am UTC

Kizyr wrote:Is it really so significant? I'm reminded of the theories (to varying degrees of accuracy) of Hitler and Stalin's Jewish roots. Even if his ethnic background were mostly Jewish, when his problems with Israel and Jews are religio-political, I don't see much of an irony here. KF

Yeah, I'm of the same mind here.

I wouldn't be surprised if he when he says "Jew" he means 'the whole parcel' (so to speak), as in the religion + the ethnic origins. And not just a group that someone might belong to due to birth circumstances. That'd make distancing himself from them much easier psychologically.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:21 am UTC

netcrusher88 wrote:Converts are quite often the most vehemently anti-[what they used to be], so I imagine that's rather a big part of Ahmedinejad's antisemitism (and being a non-Israeli leader in the Middle East explains being anti-Israel), as well as (as one of the people quoted in the article pointed out) a bid to fit in in Iranian society.

Holocaust denial, on the other hand, seems to be fairly common (albeit newly so) among Middle Eastern anti-Israel leaders.

I really can't understand what could lead someone to reject their birth nation so utterly that they retcon genocide as a legend created to defend its existence. But then I don't know, one thing the article neglects to mention is how old Ahmedinejad was when he moved to Iran - he may have never considered Israel home.

He never came from Israel. His family were Persian Jews living in Iran.

I just want to point out that if both his parents were Jewish, and they converted when he was 4 years old, he probably even had a Jewish circumcision. He's totally eligible under the Law of Return to come to Israel, which he actively despises.

TO PREVENT WAR... we must get this man a therapist!
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:22 am UTC

The leader of the Druze sect had a Jewish sister, I think...
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

netcrusher88

Postby netcrusher88 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:27 am UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:He never came from Israel. His family were Persian Jews living in Iran.

I just want to point out that if both his parents were Jewish, and they converted when he was 4 years old, he probably even had a Jewish circumcision. He's totally eligible under the Law of Return to come to Israel, which he actively despises.

Oh, okay. I'd misread "moved to Tehran" and the context as meaning moved from Israel, no idea why.

Also, having never heard of it before I've just looked up the Law of Return and read about it. It's... enlightening.
Sexothermic
I have only ever made one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. -Voltaire
They said we would never have a black president until Swine Flu. -Gears

smw543

Postby smw543 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:31 am UTC

Kizyr wrote:I'm reminded of the theories (to varying degrees of accuracy) of Hitler and Stalin's Jewish roots.

Just to nip this in the bud: no, unless by varying degrees you mean 0% and 0.01% (with a margin of error of .01%). The Stalin one has absolutely no basis whatsoever. As for Hitler, it's about as likely as JFK's real assassin(s) being *thinks of an appropriately stupid theory* ...the Israelis.

Just Google Hiter + Jewish or Stalin + Jewish and you'll notice that a suspiciously large number of the hits are from hate sites. Claiming that Hitler was a Jew actually has the same goal, more or less, as denying the Holocaust. The latter says that the Holocaust didn't happen, therefore we shouldn't have to feel bad/guilty about what happened. The former says that it was perpetrated by a Jew, and we shouldn't have to feel bad/guilty about a Jew killing other Jews (better yet, that goddamn Jew killed millions of non-Jews and destroyed half of Europe!) It's all under the umbrella of "historical revisionism." I imagine there are people who will jump on this revelation in a similar way.

I don't honestly know enough about the political situation in Iran (largely due to a lack of available information) to say whether their anti-Zionism is influenced by antisemitism, though I understand that Jewish Iranians are treated pretty well.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:39 pm UTC

smw543 wrote:
Kizyr wrote:I'm reminded of the theories (to varying degrees of accuracy) of Hitler and Stalin's Jewish roots.

Just to nip this in the bud: no, unless by varying degrees you mean 0% and 0.01% (with a margin of error of .01%). The Stalin one has absolutely no basis whatsoever. As for Hitler, it's about as likely as JFK's real assassin(s) being *thinks of an appropriately stupid theory* ...the Israelis.

Actually, there is a lot of substance to the theory that Hitler may have had a Jewish grandfather. His father was a bastard (in the literal sense of the word) and it is unknown who his (Hitler's father) father was. If I recall correctly his mother worked for rich Jew during the time she got pregnant, and there have always been rumors that he was the father. That may not be true, but it's important nonetheless. Because those rumors already existed in Hitler's youth, and even if untrue it's very likely that they played a part in his antisemitism.
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist
- Bernard Woolley in Yes, Prime Minister

smw543

Postby smw543 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:00 pm UTC

Yes, it may very well have played a part, if true. But the thing is, there's considerable doubt about every single element of the story, right down to whether or not Frankenberger (the rich Jew) even existed. Meanwhile, there is considerable support for the theory that his father's uncle was his father (that is, his grandmother married his biological grandfather's brother.) Basically, some guy (Hans Frank) claimed that some guy (William Patrick Hitler) claimed (in the form of blackmail, though the letter has never been found) that some guy (Leopold Frankenberger) was his grandfather. Then he (Hans Frank) went on to say that it surely wasn't true.

IIRC, that whole "Hitler hated Jews because people accused him of being Jewish" argument is a combination of (1) a retcon to reinforce the Jewish grandfather theory, and (2) a conflation of the slightly more plausible rumor that Reinhard Heydrich was 1/4 Jewish (though a (potentially biased) Nazi investigation disproved it).
Spoiler:
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

zombie_monkey

Postby zombie_monkey » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:17 pm UTC

Hm this is news? I remember reading about this a few months ago, and the fact that his family converted from Judaism was not a big thing, it was the reports on just how he got so far and the stuff he did in his youth, pretty chilling stuff IIRC.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:30 pm UTC

zombie_monkey wrote:Hm this is news? I remember reading about this a few months ago, and the fact that his family converted from Judaism was not a big thing, it was the reports on just how he got so far and the stuff he did in his youth, pretty chilling stuff IIRC.

Yeah, the Telegraph kind of dropped the ball (unless there's some new element to this, but I didn't notice anything.)
Spoiler:

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:44 pm UTC

netcrusher88 wrote:
aleflamedyud wrote:He never came from Israel. His family were Persian Jews living in Iran.

Oh, okay. I'd misread "moved to Tehran" and the context as meaning moved from Israel, no idea why.

Also, having never heard of it before I've just looked up the Law of Return and read about it. It's... enlightening.

Enlightening how? It's a fairly normal Law of Return pretty much exactly like those employed by every country based in a form of ethnonationalism. Greece, France, Italy, Hungary, Spain, Britain, Germany... it just has an extra "Hitler clause" which allows a person to be of Jewish descent but not halachically Jewish and still seek refuge from persecution here.

Btw, Jewish Iranians do receive fairly good treatment compared to persecuted minorities living in other non-free countries. I don't think the country itself is all that anti-Semitic, they just get whipped into an anti-Zionist frenzy spiced with a little rebranded anti-Semitic conspiracy theory by a clerical leadership that wants to pull the Arab Leader Gambit: using the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as a way to distract from the internal problems caused by their rule.

tzvibish

Postby tzvibish » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:24 pm UTC

Even my iron thought this was ironic.

I only laugh at this because I love irony so much. It's actually a very scary thought. It is well-known that Jews are the worst anti-semites of them all. The hatred of jew vs. jew can be a lot worse than non-jew vs. jew. It's sad really, but true.
-Featuring the Comic Strip XKCD!

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:14 pm UTC

This is ironic, but I was actually expecting to come to this thread and hear that Ahmedinejad had had trysts with a Jewish man. That would just be too much.
milk from space is good for you!

Kizyr

Postby Kizyr » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:06 pm UTC

smw543 wrote:

Stalin+Jewish I've only heard of from white supremacist Russian groups, so yeah, I do agree there. I've heard of the Hitler-distant Jewish ancestry thing from different sources though--and not all anti-semitic, nor with any Holocaust denial angle.

I'm not saying that there's never any element of anti-semitism with the Hitler-Jewish ancestry theories, but rather that it's not necessarily the case. I'm also making no comment on the probability of those claims being true (that a theory comes from more than one type of group doesn't really make it any more likely to be true). KF
~Kizyr

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:52 am UTC

Lulz. I'm going to have to bring this up in Government
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

EMTP

Postby EMTP » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:51 pm UTC

Gears wrote:Lulz. I'm going to have to bring this up in Government

Don't bother. It's been thoroughly debunked: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ish-family

Or perhaps I should say: "Worldwide Lutz Ensue As Gullible Zionist Jumps the Gun on His Habitual Iran-bashing."
"Reasonable – that is, human – men will always be capable of compromise, but men who have dehumanized themselves by becoming the blind worshipers of an idea or an ideal are fanatics whose devotion to abstractions makes them the enemies of life."
-- Alan Watts, "The Way of Zen"

tzvibish

Postby tzvibish » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:45 pm UTC

EMTP wrote:
Gears wrote:Lulz. I'm going to have to bring this up in Government

Don't bother. It's been thoroughly debunked: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ish-family

Or perhaps I should say: "Worldwide Lutz Ensue As Gullible Zionist Jumps the Gun on His Habitual Iran-bashing."

Who's the gullible zionist, aflmedyud or Damien McElroy and Ahmad Vahdat? I don't think Damien and Ahmad sound like very Zionist-y names, so I guess you mean aflamedyud. In that case, does reading a story in the guardian make you gullible? Why resort to the hating?

Philwelch

Postby Philwelch » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:16 pm UTC

Didn't you know? It's EMTP, our resident Jew-denouncer.
Fascism: If you're not with us you're against us.
Leftism: If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Perfection is an unattainable goal.

fjafjan
THE fjafjan

Postby fjafjan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 pm UTC

TO PREVENT WAR... we must get this man a therapist!

Funny story, you know who doesn't have the right to return?
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

EMTP

Postby EMTP » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:03 am UTC

tzvibish wrote:Who's the gullible zionist, aflmedyud or Damien McElroy and Ahmad Vahdat? I don't think Damien and Ahmad sound like very Zionist-y names, so I guess you mean aflamedyud. In that case, does reading a story in the guardian make you gullible? Why resort to the hating?

Reading a story and posting it with the headline "Worldwide Lulz Ensue" are somewhat different. It's wise to confirm your facts before you start Lulzing, and to leave "the world" out of it altogether. And if you want to mock people you dislike at the drop of a hat, you have to expect to be mocked in your turn if the accusations don't pan out. That's fair, not hateful.

Didn't you know? It's EMTP, our resident Jew-denouncer.

Philly, you are free to follow me from thread to thread trying to find purchase with that crap, however:

a) No matter how many times we have the argument, you'll always lose, and;

b) Chasing me around from thread to thread trying to start a flame war about Israel really undercuts the EMTP-is-obsessed-with-Israel meme. Jus' saying.
"Reasonable – that is, human – men will always be capable of compromise, but men who have dehumanized themselves by becoming the blind worshipers of an idea or an ideal are fanatics whose devotion to abstractions makes them the enemies of life."

MrGee

Postby MrGee » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:19 am UTC

This whole thing is just a negative ad-hominem.

"You can't criticize Israel because your parents were Jewish!"

Boring bullshit, nothing more.

Philwelch

Postby Philwelch » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:04 am UTC

EMTP, I was lurking this thread the whole time before you (predictably) came out to denounce the Jews. For your sake though, I'm very happy your personal idol is not a Jew. I know that would crush you.

smw543

Postby smw543 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 am UTC

EMTP wrote:
tzvibish wrote:Who's the gullible zionist, aflmedyud or Damien McElroy and Ahmad Vahdat? I don't think Damien and Ahmad sound like very Zionist-y names, so I guess you mean aflamedyud. In that case, does reading a story in the guardian make you gullible? Why resort to the hating?

Reading a story and posting it with the headline "Worldwide Lulz Ensue" are somewhat different. It's wise to confirm your facts before you start Lulzing, and to leave "the world" out of it altogether. And if you want to mock people you dislike at the drop of a hat, you have to expect to be mocked in your turn if the accusations don't pan out. That's fair, not hateful.

Do you seriously think Some Guy on the Internet is responsible for fact checking? It's not like the linked article was from some no-name rag, The Daily Telegraph is a major publication. If you think that people shouldn't have opinions on news articles unless they've done extensive research, what the fuck are you doing in N&A? If not, why attack aleflamedyud, especially for an obviously facetious post? (Not saying you're an antisemite or an anti-Zionist, just a (possibly hypocritical) douchebag.)

And if the article were accurate, "Lulz Ensue Worldwide[...]" would have been an apt title, more or less—it fulfills the descriptive titling guideline, and is well within the boundaries of standard usage for the term "lulz."
Spoiler:

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:07 am UTC

I'm not particularly sure that the title would be 'apt'... as someone pointed out earlier. Even if the article was true it doesn't really undermine his position or make the situation "lulz-worthy".
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:55 pm UTC

Philwelch wrote:EMTP, I was lurking this thread the whole time before you (predictably) came out to denounce the Jews.

What?

Calling aleflamedyud a gullible Zionist is not a denouncement of "the Jews". It's a criticism of aleflamedyud.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

tzvibish

Postby tzvibish » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:27 pm UTC

EMTP wrote:

You're right. It should have read "I think Lulz ensue in approximately 12.7% of the world's population". I would then believe the story.

Lighten up a bit.

I'm sure plenty of people lulz'ed at the sheer amount of irony output of this story. Around the World.

Dream
WINNING

Postby Dream » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:39 pm UTC

tzvibish wrote:Lighten up a bit.

I'm sure plenty of people lulz'ed at the sheer amount of irony output of this story. Around the World.

I smiled at it, but I pitied the man rather than ridiculed him. Had it been true it would have certainly been a very difficult thing for him to deal with, and not something to be treated with levity, and in the posts of certain people, contempt.

I also noted the OP's failure to acknowledge the untruth of the allegation, and to withdraw his "offer" of Return. Given his thoughts on those who leave the Jewish faith, expressed elsewhere, I found his posts exceedingly insulting rather than humourous.
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.

tzvibish

Postby tzvibish » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:42 pm UTC

Dream wrote:
tzvibish wrote:Lighten up a bit.

I smiled at it, but I pitied the man rather than ridiculed him. Had it been true it would have certainly been a very difficult thing for him to deal with, and not something to be treated with levity, and in the posts of certain people, contempt.

I also noted the OP's failure to acknowledge the untruth of the allegation, and to withdraw his "offer" of Return. Given his thoughts on those who leave the Jewish faith, expressed elsewhere, I found his posts exceedingly insulting rather than humourous.

Well, then, you need to lighten up as well.

If the allegations were actually true, it would make not one iota of a difference to anybody. It's just horribly ironic. That's all.

Here, have a smiley face. :D

EMTP

Postby EMTP » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:46 pm UTC

tzvibish wrote:
You're right. It should have read "I think Lulz ensue in approximately 12.7% of the world's population". I would then believe the story.

Lighten up a bit.

Doesn't the lightness work both ways? I replied in the same rhetorical tone used in the thread title. If that's a light-hearted jest, then take my response in the same spirit. If it seemed harsh, perhaps mocking somebody for who their parents were (and asserting that they are the laughingstock of the world) is a little harsh as well. In any case, the story is baseless and we can all move on with our lives.

Dream
WINNING

Postby Dream » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:58 pm UTC

tzvibish wrote:If the allegations were actually true, it would make not one iota of a difference to anybody.

tzvibish wrote:I only laugh at this because I love irony so much. It's actually a very scary thought. It is well-known that Jews are the worst anti-semites of them all. The hatred of jew vs. jew can be a lot worse than non-jew vs. jew. It's sad really, but true.

I knew someone in the thread had implied that this has made a difference. And it turned out to have been you.
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.

The Reaper

Postby The Reaper » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:00 pm UTC

I lulz'd. How many different locations does it take for it to be worldwide?

tzvibish

Postby tzvibish » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 pm UTC

Dream wrote:
tzvibish wrote:If the allegations were actually true, it would make not one iota of a difference to anybody.

tzvibish wrote:I only laugh at this because I love irony so much. It's actually a very scary thought. It is well-known that Jews are the worst anti-semites of them all. The hatred of jew vs. jew can be a lot worse than non-jew vs. jew. It's sad really, but true.

I knew someone in the thread had implied that this has made a difference. And it turned out to have been you.

I mean that it would make no difference in any kind of policy debate or foreign diplomacy. Ya, it would be scary. But in a scary movie kind of way, not in a 'OK, now we need to bomb Iran' kind of way. So, no, it makes no difference. And stop deflecting.

You still need a hug.

EMTP

Postby EMTP » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:11 pm UTC

Philwelch wrote:EMTP, I was lurking this thread the whole time before you (predictably) came out to denounce the Jews. For your sake though, I'm very happy your personal idol is not a Jew. I know that would crush you.

Yeah, you've been lurking and hoping for that quite a bit lately. In another anti-Iran thread you even came out and said it:

Philwelch wrote:I can't wait until EMTP finds his way to this thread.

. . . which I never did, because it was dumb. You need a better hobby than hanging around hoping and praying for an argument with me. Maybe get a dog.

tzvibish

Postby tzvibish » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:15 pm UTC

EMTP wrote:
tzvibish wrote:

Lighten up a bit.

Doesn't the lightness work both ways? I replied in the same rhetorical tone used in the thread title. If that's a light-hearted jest, then take my response in the same spirit. If it seemed harsh, perhaps mocking somebody for who their parents were (and asserting that they are the laughingstock of the world) is a little harsh as well. In any case, the story is baseless and we can all move on with our lives.

I don't know, you sound pretty upset about it.

I don't think was part of the equation. More like disbelief. But, whatever, if you say you're being happy, then we're all good.

Philwelch

Postby Philwelch » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:22 pm UTC

EMTP wrote:You need a better hobby than hanging around hoping and praying for an argument with me. Maybe get a dog.

You need a better hobby than denouncing the Jews and justifying the regime that murdered Neda Agah-Sultan.

Return to “News & Articles”