1136: "Broken Mirror"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eebster the Great

Re: 1136: "Broken Mirror"

Postby Eebster the Great » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 am UTC

ijuin wrote:However, if he retires from his day job, he will in fact have MORE time available in which to mess with people.

That's the thing. I question the assertion that retirement is low-entropy. Almost any particular occupation is necessarily lower entropy than the (freely filled) lack of that occupation.

Then again, there's no good reason to suspect Black Hat Guy is a walking metaphor for the second law of thermodynamics.

Cal Engime

Postby Cal Engime » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:15 am UTC

Willl

Postby Willl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am UTC

Obligatory xkcd:

peewee_RotA

Postby peewee_RotA » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm UTC

sol_hsa wrote:Am I the only one who read the first line as "COPS" instead of "OOPS" ? That changed the dynamic of the comic quite a bit..

I definitely read through it twice and thought it said COPS both times.

The third time I figured it out.
"Vowels have trouble getting married in Canada. They can’t pronounce their O’s."

http://timelesstherpg.wordpress.com/about/

ekolis

Postby ekolis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:46 pm UTC

Someone should start a business called "Ecclesiastes Bathroom Remodeling". Their slogan could be "Even Qoheleth would envy your new vanity!"
Reading posts on the xkcd forum makes me feel stupid.

MRiddickW

Postby MRiddickW » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:22 am UTC

Diadem wrote:
sol_hsa wrote:Am I the only one who read the first line as "COPS" instead of "OOPS" ? That changed the dynamic of the comic quite a bit..

Yeah.

I spent the entire strip wondering what the hell police had to do with anything. Kinda ruined an otherwise excellent comic.

Funny story... When I watched Pulp Fiction for the first time, I thought they were buddy cops up until the point that the Wolf comes over. I just thought they were dirty cops: "Whoa, now he's doing heroine? He is a seriously dirty cop!" I highly recommend watching it in this mindset; it's like getting two movies in one!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”