1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:13 am UTC

LEAVUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
ETA:
Decree: Let me think... Maybe:
Tell us a ch*rpy-RELATED story that happened once to you.
Alternatively, ch*rp molpy on.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 am UTC

Cueball becomes UNG with the tree:

Behold the majestic Treeball.

For decree: Chirpies are fond of soft and molpish nesting materials, so in the springTime I used to brush our family's shedding fluffy white wolpy outdoors and afterwards watch local chirpies swoop down to gather the scattered tufts of fur for their nests.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:58 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For decree: Chirpies are fond of soft and molpish nesting materials, so in the springTime I used to brush our family's shedding fluffy white wolpy outdoors and afterwards watch local chirpies swoop down to gather the scattered tufts of fur for their nests.

And then when the chirpies shed, we collect it all together and use it as padding in our nests!
He/Him/His Image

mrob27

1190: Time: CH**RP, CRENELLATE YOUR ENDISH BUT INEVITABLE BETRAYAL!

Postby mrob27 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:43 pm UTC

And then when the chirpies shed, we collect it all together and use it as padding in our nests!

And what do wolpies use for nests? Old things their humans have shed: bean bag chairs, blankets and comforters. And thus the cycle is complete; so molt it be.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1888

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:10 pm UTC

DARLUNGNESSES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by NoMouse.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BEANIE 2: ELECTRIC BAGALOO

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Re: 1190: Time

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:25 pm UTC

Wingghish pix!

Aw, the FFS is going to make me miss the shining crotch of Cueball again.

mrob27 wrote:

And what do wolpies use for nests? Old things their humans have shed: bean bag chairs, blankets and comforters. And thus the cycle is complete; so molt it be.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:43 am UTC

ggh wrote: I ate some once at the Wildfoods Festival (the place where I tried all those testicles)

Either I missed when you mentioned this before, or blocked it out of my mind. Image
(Another shoutout to Blitzgirl for her smiley repositories. They come in so handy!)

ggh wrote:Break a leg with your show!

Thanks! The show doesn't open for a couple of weeks, but it's good not to go to the first rehearsal and make a total fool of yourself.

And I love that you were shipping your lettuces. :)

mrob27 wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Happy 2000 posts, balthasar_s!

2001 now, which is even more appropriate. If only I had the Tim to OTTify something… I guess for now there's

First Tim I've watched that in a while. I remember watching that first the first Time and thinking how funny, silly, clever, and wonderful it was. Just like our balthacinematographer.

Also, happy 1200 mrob, and happy 2000 balthasar!

ETA for decree: This has happened more than once to me, but one of the turkeys that hangs out near where I work has a thing about cars. If he's around when someone starts driving out of the parking lot, he'll start walking around the car gobbling and pecking at the tires. You don't want to move because you don't want to run into him, and he will not go away. I've tried scaring him off so he'd leave my car alone, but it doesn't work. He runs away, but just keeps running around the car. One time I chased him around the car like three times, at which point I started laughing so hard I couldn't run anymore.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:37 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:57 pm UTC

The facebug circles in anticipatiUNG...

lmjb1964 wrote:(Another shoutout to Blitzgirl for her smiley repositories. They come in so handy!)

Thanks, Image! I should update them soon, lots of new ones to add!

For decree: Once when I was riverish, my father happened to be mowing our halfcue when an entire flock of chirpyswallows passed through (very unusual for the area). My brother and I ran all over the lawn as the flock zipped and zig-zagged behind the mower, snapping up all of the tiny gnats and facebugs disturbed from their hiding places.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

svenman

Postby svenman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:37 pm UTC

Enter name

Um, the entry field is a little too high.
It doesn't fit in the frame.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1917

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:10 am UTC

METALUNGUISTICS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by adnapemit.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:LIZARDS FOR THE LIZARD GOD! PANTHER SALVE FOR THE PANTHER SALVE THRONE!

-- posted by oldpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:25 am UTC

quoting the latest balthaframe, svenman wrote:Um, the entry field is a little too high.
It doesn't fit in the frame.
Type blindly. Unless "it's a trap!", you don't really need to see what you type. Unless you're First Cleric... in which case all is lost.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

That wasn't so hard.

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:05 am UTC

ucim wrote:Type blindly.

blindly.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

HELLO, I'M MEGAN. BASICALLY, MOLPY ABOUT!

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:48 am UTC

:azule: Ok, that's not a pun. What's the appropriate OTTish response to someone for being a smartass?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Re: HELLO, I'M MEGAN. BASICALLY, MOLPY ABOUT!

Postby GnomeAnne » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:00 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote::azule: Ok, that's not a pun. What's the appropriate OTTish response to someone for being a smartass?

If them being a smartass is that funny, I think the appropriate response is to laugh.
Wait For It.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1928

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:10 am UTC

UNGIRTHED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Hillperson.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THERE ARE LIKE 4 BEANIES IN THE DUNES THAT NO MORE ABOUT <COMPUTERY STUFF> THAN MEGAN

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1932

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:10 pm UTC

SQUEALUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ggh.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IS THAT A BAG IN YOUR PANTS OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO DEMUSTARD ME?

-- posted by oldpixbot

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:44 pm UTC

Yay, the wowterful waterfall! Epsilon, when I typed that, "waterfall" totally did not look like a word, to the extent that I actually looked it up.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:36 pm UTC

Wowterfall! Image

Snagged this from OTT Time Travel in lieu of an UNG:

Zorin_75 wrote:
I've updated the animation with the fourth of the frames revealed to us:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:40 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Epsilon, when I typed that, "waterfall" totally did not look like a word, to the extent that I actually looked it up.

You looked up the waterfall?
What did you see?

When uploading the texts for newest bstaframes I did it wrong and I destroyed the information about the ongtimes and timer lengths of frames 104-106.
I was able to recover it.

I went back to the topic of sound generation again.
I'm helping my cousin in making some items (2). They will pretend to be objects from a film or something like that.
One of them was supposed to have a 7-segment display with a value changing when button is pressed.
So we used a microcontroller for that. The same one that I have in the STAFs. Because I had some left, in my room.
balthasar_s wrote:I don't have microprocessors lying all around my desk.
I set up everyhting he needed and helped to make his first program for this microcontroller.
Then we thought that it would be closer to the original if it also played a sound effect. when a button is pressed.
But how to do it.
The microcontroller has 8kB of flash memory.
Which means that even if I use such a low quality as 8bit, 8kHz sampling. then I can fit only a 1s long recording. Actually less, because the program also takes some space.
It also doesn't have a DAC.
The sound can be generated using PWM, but with 8bit samples the PWM frequency would be 6MHz/255 = about 23.5 kHz - too close to the audible range.

What did I do - I used even lower quality - 4bit, 11.71875kHz samples. Yes, only 4 bit - that's just 16 levels. But luckily that's still good enough for this sound effect.
This allowed two things: the PWM frequency became 400kHz - very good. And I could fit two samples in one byte - also good. I had just enough space for the downgraded recording.
And it works
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Eternal Density

Acts 19:28

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:29 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
ggh wrote:Today I pulled the car up to Zealandia Wildlife Sanctuary and called across the parking lot, "The River is Small!"
And thunk called back, "The Sea is Big!"
Then we went to the place with the metal sculpture of balthasar riding a bicycle into a rocket and played minigolf.
It's been a treeish day. :)

Yay, OTTer meetup! Sounds like thunk did better than I did when you and I met up, ggh. You said, "The river is small!" and I said, "The ocean is big!" :oops: I think I corrected myself, but I felt silly. In my defense, I had been on a train for two and a half days, sleeping in my seat and worrying about my boyfriend, who had a reaction and was sick for about 24 hours of the trip. :( So (I also say "so" a lot, Jose), I was not at my sharpest. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
A wip ago I was at a Python User Group meeting and heard a presentation by a man talking about doing computery stuff to assist governmenty people make decisions to help marine biodiversity.... Anyhow, at one point he declared "The ocean is big." So that's fine too.
If anyone's interested in all that, you can look at http://macbio-pacific.info/ (Amusingly his project was receiving German funding, so we have that in common too :P)

In other news, the other dip I viewed a steakish moving picture which featured 'Gnome Anne's Land' As in trench warfare during WW1. I recommend it. The title is Molpish Madam.
Yes, the abbreviation WW1 is a pun.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

svenman

Postby svenman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:14 am UTC

Opening the ketchup floodgates...

thunk wrote:[NP2589] Orientale Catma
(to the tune of (the original version to) 2017 Italy Eurovision entry 'Occidentali's Karma' by Francesco Gabbani)

This has probably been said before, but it bears repeating: Awesomeful!

And molpish to see mikrit posting again! Välkommen framför! :D

This reminds me, someone I haven't read from in a couple newpages is addams. Anyotter in contact with her? I hope she's well.

ggh wrote:[NP2591] So the page refresh thing going on with 1190, is it related to what's also going on with Garden, and why Garden doesn't work anymore?

I don't think so. As chridd explained here, older gardens can't be edited anymore because the xkcd website now always redirects to https:// where it used not to. This means that the cookies from before the change don't match the URL of the page that your browser loads anymore and therefore your old gardens can't be identified as yours anymore.

The molpishest of thoughts to Neil! Here's hoping all will work out treeishly. And Neil's brother is awesomeful.

ggh wrote:[NP2592] I started a page: Puzzles_and_Mysteries but still haven't added most of what I'd like to see there (hmm, looks like I haven't even added my gridded version of Find-the-OTTers). I welcome any and all help on that front. :) It might be longer than I'd hope getting back to it....

Treeish wiki work! Some useful stuff for that page may perhaps also be found on the OTW page OTT Resources.

And thank you all for the molpish responses to my song ottification! Some good news here: I have managed to produce a complete and coherent set of ottified lyrics for a second song in the mini-musical. I'm not totally happy with the lyrics yet, so I'll keep sitting on them a little longer, but I am certain that sometim soon I will either have come up with something better or will get over it. :mrgreen:

Regrettably, on the other side, I still haven't got anywhere regarding the ottiification of the third song, so that one looks unlikely to be ottified by me anytim soon, if at all. Therefore, no completely ottified mini-musical to be expected for now.

ucim wrote:[NP2593] I'm eagerly causing irk upon the full width justifications in anticipation of the next one!

This must be one of the OTTish equivalents to recursive kenning that mikrit mentioned. :) (And thanks!)

ExaminUNG the rocks on the ground:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Edit: Also, new othercomic.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Aktavite Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:02 am UTC

Ketchupped!
Regarding clearfix, yeah it scares me that something like that needs to exist. I ran into it when trying to do CSS layout stuff for my website and... steambottle! I don't think I ever got it working how I wanted. Just kept changing it back and forth between a couple of different versions which were wrong in subtly different ways. :(

Also for over a mip I think, I've been forgetting to correct an error I made in a post. It wasn't a Twenty One Pilots concert that Lindsey Stirling went by in one of her vlogs, rather it was a Switchfoot concert (which is just as molpish). She mentioned Twenty One Pilots in a different video in response to a comment from a viewer.

Speaking of Twenty One Pilots, StormAngel recently made me a rather molpish and steaking thing. I asked him to combine the original version of Heathens with the Halestorm cover. I like it as much as I'd hoped, but it's proving difficult to get it online because soundcloud is being annoying about copyright. Even though it took quite a bit of work to get the two tracks to play nice together.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 am UTC

MusUNG about sedimentary cliffs:

I'm not one to know much about geology, but is it feasible for a river canyon like Cuegan's to appear in the exposed bed of the Mediterranean by 13291? I would guess yes (otherwise it is unlikely GLR would have shown it), but for some reason my brain thought canyons take longer to form.

Edit: Oh gah, I googled it because I'm coma-deprived and that Genesis site is once more the top result. What the ch*rp, Google?
(Last time it was supertrees surviving Noah's flood; now it's the Grand Canyon being carved instantaneously by the flood's recession.)
Yeah, that's about as realistic as a wolpy running on water.
Spoiler:

...And I'm done for the night.

Molpy down inexplicably racing across the surface of a lake. Help me, coma, you're my only hope.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

svenman

Postby svenman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:10 am UTC

Well, as the Mediterranean basin has been dry before there are already submarine river beds and canyons gouged out of the now submerged bedrock there. If the basin falls dry again it seems plausible that rivers and streams would by and large return to those courses.

Edit: Slightly re-worded.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:35 pm UTC

ggh wrote:I kinda need this as a motivational poster:
Spoiler:
BSTA 69 is also good for this.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:47 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:MusUNG about sedimentary cliffs:

I'm not one to know much about geology, but is it feasible for a river canyon like Cuegan's to appear in the exposed bed of the Mediterranean by 13291? I would guess yes (otherwise it is unlikely GLR would have shown it), but for some reason my brain thought canyons take longer to form.

Edit: Oh gah, I googled it because I'm coma-deprived and that Genesis site is once more the top result. What the ch*rp, Google?
(Last time it was supertrees surviving Noah's flood; now it's the Grand Canyon being carved instantaneously by the flood's recession.)
Yeah, that's about as realistic as a wolpy running on water.
Spoiler:

...And I'm done for the night.

Thanks for linking to that Genesis site, BG! It has explained everything to me, and now I understand how everything works. :)

Hope you got some good coma in.

I tried to find the video from Superman referred to in the new OtherComic, but Google-fu failed me. Does anyone know what or where it is?

I got a text from addams a few dips ago. I sent her a PM but she hasn't answered. I think I'll call her right now.

balthasar_s wrote:
ggh wrote:I kinda need this as a motivational poster:
Spoiler:
BSTA 69 is also good for this.

I'm going to take the fact that I read this just as I was thinking, "I really need to get up and do some stuff" as I sign that I really need to get up and do some stuff.

Edited to fix tagm*stard, and then edited to say "Edited to fix tagm*stard."
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:55 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Shallow Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:33 pm UTC

Tagmustard alert!
Screenshot from 2017-06-10 09-30-52.png
Screenshot from 2017-06-10 09-30-52.png (36.31 KiB) Viewed 15115 times
BlitzGirl wrote:Yeah, that's about as realistic as a wolpy running on water.
Eh, the sea does what it wants.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1968

Postby mscha » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:10 am UTC

SHIMMERUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by jjjdavidson (animated by azule).)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BECOME AN WOWTREE

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:50 am UTC

Been a while since I've seen some good old tagmustard like that. :mrgreen:

svenman wrote:Well, as the Mediterranean basin has been dry before there are already submarine river beds and canyons gouged out of the now submerged bedrock there. If the basin falls dry again it seems plausible that rivers and streams would by and large return to those courses.

Ah, yes, molpish explanation. Thanks!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Re: 1190: Watching the clock...

Postby ggh » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:59 am UTC

Could you bring it a little lower, please?

Oh, thanks, dear new girl. That's very nice of you.

See? She's perfect!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:05 am UTC

Enter name

The name is entered.
Unfortunately, the current placement doesn't allow you to see it.
You only see the first and last character.

A little too low maybe.

The non toggling bb is taking some getting used to, but the info link is nice.
Wait For It.

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "NonZancleanMustardTime"

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:47 am UTC

Okay, doublemustard doesn't change the mustard levels.
Also I found that mustardtagging works in signatures. So for a brief moment I mustarded every single page I've posted in. But that's too trollish and damaging to the good running of the forum, so don't do that.

ETA I just found this thread: (Yes it's from April but I'm not very observant and I just happened to go to the user control panel and saw the Important Announcements list for the first time in a few months.) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=122375 Hi/bye Mobteeseboose!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2011

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:10 pm UTC

UNGRATIATUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by charlie_grumbles.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:COULD BEANIES BE ANY MORE PRICKLY?

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:25 am UTC

AUTOMOME wrote:COULD BEANIES BE ANY MORE PRICKLY?

Yes, of course!

Redundant:
Spoiler:

PricklyBeanie.png
PricklyBeanie.png (21.08 KiB) Viewed 11856 times

Keywords: BGUM little prickly pricklymolp beanie beanish hat toque
redundant297.png
redundant297.png (193.17 KiB) Viewed 11856 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thunk

Re: 1190: "T I M E"

Postby thunk » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 am UTC

This widescreen mustard is a bit silly, but sure.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

GnomeAnne

1849: "Decades"

Postby GnomeAnne » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:47 pm UTC

Wait For It.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:37 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Tagmustard alert!Screenshot from 2017-06-10 09-30-52.png

Fixed. :oops: It took me a while to find the problem. It looked like the problem was in the BlitzGirl/balthasar quote. In fact, I had cut the /quote tag off of the first BlitzGirl quote. And then when I went to edit it, I started to quote it instead...

BlitzGirl wrote:Been a while since I've seen some good old tagmustard like that. :mrgreen:

Well, leave it to me to be the one to provide it. :roll:

GnomeAnne wrote:
Enter name

The name is entered.
Unfortunately, the current placement doesn't allow you to see it.
You only see the first and last character.

A little too low maybe.

What could her name possibly be? kpa? k7a? k%a? How will we ever know? :)

Eternal Density wrote:A wip ago I was at a Python User Group meeting . . .

Like this?

Redundant (trigger warning for people who are freaked out by snakemolpies):
Spoiler:
python.jpg

redundasnakes.jpg
redundasnakes.jpg (38.15 KiB) Viewed 11149 times

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:45 pm UTC

Cute snakemolpies! Image (Even though that first seems a bit punny...)

SpeakUNG of molpies and little pricklies:

Edit to remove redundantt T.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:37 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

Punny? Me? I never pun. I'm also never sarcastic. :wink:

I forgot about the decree. Let's see...Oh! I got bitten by a seawolpy once. (I'm translating from Spanish there).

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”