[T] MoA Replay - Game Over - Mafia wins - FBI loses

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

mieulium

Re: [T] MoA Replay - Day 1 - Please confirm in thread

Postby mieulium » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 am UTC

OH no! Missed the start up time. Confirm :D
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:59 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:MoA: Has the FBI already had a recruit attempt or do we only have to find the original FBI Agent today?
All day actions are processed at the *end* of the day, in the following order . . .1. Godfather's Actions (if any) 2. Agent's Conversion 3. Capos' Investigations (if any).

This means that investigations *will* get a FBI result on a newly recruited Snitch, but since the Snitch does not get converted until the end of the day, he is not allowed to PM with the FBI Agent until the *following* day.

Also, if the Godfather uses the conversion action during night, it will not be processed until the end of that night (simultaneous with the voted-on kill being processed).

We are still waiting to hear from every player before proceeding to Night 1. Future days will have a set deadline for when they end, but this first day is a little bit special.

If the Capos or the Godfather want to use an action, they should of course send me a PM; but if I do not hear anything I will just assume that they are choosing to save actions for later.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:00 pm UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:No! If a Capo gives us a wrong result, the Capo was probably an FBI Snitch, so we shouldn't lynch them. And if the Capo was being honest, we shouldn't lynch their target. Remember - while the Agent is alive, a Snitch lynch is a mislynch. What we need to do is get confirmed FBI for Mav to reconvert, and to do that, we lynch the Capo to confirm the Capo's alignment.

A Snitch lynch is a mis-lynch. WHY?
Yes, it would be best if we could find the Agent, but lynching a Snitch is second best, as it basically keeps the vote balance on the side of Mafia.
I would hardly class that as a mis-lynch.
FoS: E_P
Another option for the GF to consider is to use 1 Capo each night, but not on each other, but on any Made-man. This can be amended to include a Capo on Capo for 1 night, but in all cases, to keep the results until he has used all 'bribes'.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:22 pm UTC

BigNose wrote:A Snitch lynch is a mis-lynch. WHY?

I've explained that about three times, but I'll explain it some more:

With our lynch, we can kill one person each night. The FBI Agent can effectively both kill a mafia member AND create a brand-new FBI member each day. So the Agent works twice as fast as we do, even if we always hit FBI. Every cycle that goes by without us lynching the FBI Agent gives the FBI an advantage, even if we lynched a Snitch.

In a game with a normal mafia, if you lynch mafia during the day, you're better off than if that day-and-night had never happened. In this game, if we lynch a Snitch, we're worse off than if that day-and-night had never happened. Hence why I say that a Snitch lynch is a mislynch.

In addition, there's the fact that when we lynch a Snitch, we lose the possibility of reconverting them.
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:25 pm UTC

I think that killing a snitch is only partially a mislynch -- since there's a conversion possibility, it would certainly better to recruit him back. On the other hand, a kill is better than nothing. The ideal would be to find the Agent tonight, but I suspect that won't be easy. NINJA: Ah -- you're right. Wasting a kill on the Snitch is not good, though better than killing mafia.

RE: Using the investigations --
Mav's original idea (3 investigations right away) possibly gets us the Agent, then leaves us with no investigations. We would have 6 persons, of whom 5 are probably mafia and one is probably a snitch. Unless one of the Capos is the agent. That possibility makes me more inclined to discard this possibility.
Brook's idea of the Capos identifying each other would give us either 3 confirmed town (presumably one will be immediately converted, though) or 2 confirmed town and the Agent. There's a benefit there, but it's not perfect.
So I'm going to go with EP and Mav on this and say that the investigations should be applied strategically later.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:38 pm UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:Capo confirm strategy is good for following previously stated reasons:
1. confirms no capos are the agent
2. leaves them the same as made men, and no longer prime targets.
3. We no longer need to worry about lynching them because they are "confirmed town". Until the agent is dead, they aren't legitimate lynch targets, decreasing the number of targets by a not-insignificant amount.

Ninja'd I disagree. Read: above.

3x confirmed non-Agent is waaaay less good than 1x confirmed Agent.

Firstly it would be 4 total, the capos and the godfather. Second, ummmm, no, I explained why it is way better. You said "Nah ah, it ain't.". Please elaborate. Are you saying you want more uncertainty in the lynch?

And the godafther has already decided. *sigh*. I suppose I have to live with that decision.

Lataro, the vote is so totally saying, and I am getting tunnelvision away from the avatars, which makes it harder for me to remember who is talking. I blame you for everything bad in this game that happens, preemptively, on account of this. Defend yourself.

I rescind my idea. The investigations go in after the recruit, so the agent could recruit a capo speci......I reinstate my idea if he does that we get the agent by de-snitching the capo.

I am going to state why a snitch lynch is a mislynch.
There are 3fbi (one is an agent) and 7 mafia in this scenario, chosen at random.
We lynch a snitch, next day it is 3-6 (fbi recruits again)
Next day it is 3-5
3-4
3-3 and we lose. As long as the agent is alive any dead snitch is immediatly replaced. A snitch lynch isn't as bad for us as a mafia lynch, but it doesn't hurt the fbi at all, while still lowering our numbers. Hence, a snitch lynch is a mislynch. Also, at lylo with the agent alive, there is no scenario where we don't have to lynch the agent.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:53 pm UTC

Okay, still waiting for cycoden to check in, and then game will move to N1. If he does not check in within the next 12 hours, I will be forced to modkill/replace.

In order to fit this game into the allotted 21 days, I am going to have to really keep it moving. (The only deaths are the voted-on nightly kills, and there are 16 of you, so we are going to end up having a LOT of days by the end of the game.)

So, besides having 24 hour deadlines on night phases, we will also be using a 'dayless' format. This means you need to decide on your target for your day action during the previous night, and send me the PM ahead of time. This is completely analogous to the 'nightless' format y'all should be used to by now. As usual, you can send in conditions based on who gets voted for (ie. I would like to convert PlayerA, unless he gets killed, in which case I would like to convert PlayerB).

Any questions?

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:06 pm UTC

But lynching a Snitch ensures that the game goes on longer and gives us more chance to find/lynch the Agent.
The other option is to lynch a Mafiosa, which is WAY worse.
If you know of a way of finding the Agent, then we have a chance, but I think the whole idea of this game, is that that the chance will be slim, but increase as the game goes on.
Worst case is lynching a Made-man/Capo
Second worse is a NL
Second best is a Snitch
With obviously the best as lynching the Agent.
This is why I say lynching a Snitch is NOT a wasted lynch, or indeed a mislynch.

@GF I assume it is a possibility that you can order the Capo's to bribe info on a player and to return the corresponding result.
You may have to do this EXPLICITLY to the MOD, otherwise a Capo/Snitch could do either of bribe info on another player and/or provide a false result (especially on another Snitch).
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:32 pm UTC

The change in terminology is confusing so I'll try to put my point across without using it.

Right now we have 15 players who could be the fbi agent. Heres the two different scenarios we could be faced with if the investigation is used today.

Best case scenario: If one of the capos are not the agent then we have a 3/12 chance or 1/4 chance of finding the fbi agent. With our kill we could narrow it down to 4/12 which is a 1/3 chance of finding the agent today, by killing one of the made men.

Worst case scenaro: A capo is an fbi agent, brings up the right results for the day one investigation, then converts the person they targetted before. They both look like they're in the clear and there would be no other investigation abilities.

Alternatively: The capos could investigate each other today, effectively making them made men and clearing each other. This way we could avoid the worst case scenario (but the chances of one of the capos being the fbi agent are pretty slim, but not impossible). However I think it would be better to do this later in the game, especially if we think the capos are the fbi agents first targets because one of the capos could be converted back.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:06 pm UTC

FYI - I will be AFK for the next 6 hours, so D1 will last at least that much longer.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:46 pm UTC

BigNose wrote:But lynching a Snitch ensures that the game goes on longer and gives us more chance to find/lynch the Agent.
The other option is to lynch a Mafiosa, which is WAY worse.
If you know of a way of finding the Agent, then we have a chance, but I think the whole idea of this game, is that that the chance will be slim, but increase as the game goes on.
Worst case is lynching a Made-man/Capo
Second worse is a NL
Second best is a Snitch
With obviously the best as lynching the Agent.
This is why I say lynching a Snitch is NOT a wasted lynch, or indeed a mislynch.

@GF I assume it is a possibility that you can order the Capo's to bribe info on a player and to return the corresponding result.
You may have to do this EXPLICITLY to the MOD, otherwise a Capo/Snitch could do either of bribe info on another player and/or provide a false result (especially on another Snitch).

An nl is the same thing as lynching a snitch. Instead of mafia losing one while fbi remains the same, fbi gain one while mafia remain the same. In the end we move the same distance towards lylo either way. Except with an nl instead of lynching a known snitch, we can convert the snitch and find the agent. So nl is actually potentially better.

Spoiler:

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm UTC

Okay. So currently, we can trust at least 2 of the 3 Capo's to return accurate results. Each recruit-time (can't remember whether it was day or night in this game, not going to check), that number goes down. Tomorrow we'll only be able to trust one of the 3. The day after, none of the three. The way I'm currently seeing it, the capo's have maximum utility currently, but I'm not quite sure.

There are 16 players, 1 confirmed town. So 15 players. That means we can gain some information on up to 40% of the players - info on the capos with their investigation results, and info on the alignments of whoever they check. That means we have a 40% chance of gaining information on the FBI - half of that weak information and half of that strong. We know that, theoretically between 2/3 and 100% of the information is completely trustworthy. It's an 80% chance that 100% is.

Let's assume we lynch incorrectly this night. 14 players unconfirmed. Information on 43% of the players. 68% chance that one of either the capos or their investigations is an FBI agent. Half of that is weak, and half of that is strong. The only problem is that now, theoretically, we know that at least a third of that information is trustworthy - possibly no more, definitely not less. There's a 64% chance of 100%, a 32% chance of 2/3 and a 4% chance that it's 1/3, assuming completely random recruiting, which I doubt in the extreme. Capos are more highly likely to be recruited due to their power, but I don't know how much to adjust it. And it's possible that the FBI will try and avoid notice by just sticking to Made Men for a while.

So yeah. The chances that we gain information get considerably higher, but the chances that we can trust a portion of the information get lowered even more quickly. It ends up being a delicate balancing act between the two. I mean, as practical play goes, I doubt that the FBI agent will instantly recruit all of the Capos. It would be fairly silly, given that they can rely a bit on our (justified) skepticism anyway.

As to whether lynching of Snitches and such is better or worse, while more conversation is good and permanently useful, bear in mind that we're not really deciding between them, we're deciding between lynching and no-lynching. And that is a harder decision.

I am sortof rambling now, so I'll stop and see what you guys think.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:10 pm UTC

Buon giorno.

Hmm. While it would seem better to use the investigations now, I suspect it would be better to hold on to them, even at the risk of losing their reliability. My reasoning for this is that the most likely way for us to win the game is to convert a snitch, and it will be easier to find one when they actually exist.

I am in general agreement with EP, except for the following caveat: lynching a snitch is only a mislynch until the Godfather uses the conversion - although that is probably obvious.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:55 pm UTC

As far as I see it, the worst thing would be for the FBI agent to be a Made Man if we were to carry out the strategy suggested and use all of the investigations now. (This is pretty likely too)

Also, regarding the new "dayless" format, what would that mean in terms of the daychat FBI gets with snitches? It looks like that it means that the FBI agent will get to talk all the time so I doubt we will be able to organize such a method of using the investigations in the later days.

I'd say we should use it sooner rather than later, but probably not right now and definitely not just to confirm you can trust all 3 Capos.
And you thought I was crazy...

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:19 am UTC

I think we should no lynch if we're not using the investigations today. If we do use the investigations today we should lynch someone to maximise the chances of getting the FBI. Theres a good chance we'll lynch a fellow mafia otherwise and keeping more mafia around will be more useful today (we could gain as much as an extra day or two later down the line, where we will have more information).

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 am UTC

You misunderstand, that, or are willfully acting scummy.

This is D1. FBI gets a recruit that is processed at the end of each day. That includes this day.

When the game "starts" and we can lynch, on N1, there will be two people to find. A NL is a horrible strat, as the next there will be three.

Ignoring that though, pretending that FBI doesn't have a recruit D1, it'd still be to no benefit for us to NL and give them a free recruit the next day.

Horrible, horrible, horrible!
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Re: [T] MoA Replay - Night 1 - Who ya gonna kill?

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 am UTC

Okay, it is now Night 1.

There are 16 of you alive, so 9 votes needed to kill.

There is a deadline set at 24 hours from this post. If no kill occurs before deadline, the player with most votes will be killed, provided there are at least 7 votes for that player. If there is a tie for the most votes, and both/all leaders meet the minimum requirement, then I will ask random.org to choose which one gets killed.

Carry on.

What? You wanted some flavor? Y'all can write it yourselves! :wink:

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:12 am UTC

A 24 hour day? What the heck is this? :D
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:46 am UTC

Vote: lataro

We gotta get a move on.

Spoiler:

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:53 am UTC

I have read the thread.

michaelandjimi wrote:Okay. So currently, we can trust at least 2 of the 3 Capo's
1 out of 3 at least, since FBI agent can be Capo, and could have recruited a Capo.

Also, brook, what the fuck?
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 am UTC

Weeks wrote:I have read the thread.

michaelandjimi wrote:Okay. So currently, we can trust at least 2 of the 3 Capo's
1 out of 3 at least, since FBI agent can be Capo, and could have recruited a Capo.

Also, brook, what the fuck?

I've constantly had a vote on Lataro since the begining. However in all seriousness, we need to decide to lynch someone, and we need to do it fast.

Unvote

Spoiler:

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:28 am UTC

Ohhh I see. I thought we started on night 1 and the FBI agent wouldn't recruit until after our first lynch. I was a little confused.

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:59 am UTC

Reading all of your responses, the only thing on my mind is the same as weiyaoli.

weiyaoli wrote:As far as I see it, the worst thing would be for the FBI agent to be a Made Man if we were to carry out the strategy suggested and use all of the investigations now. (This is pretty likely too)
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:01 am UTC

So, meiu and chandani have said the least, both adding nothing beyond a confirm. Others are near the same boat, but put something besides a confirm in their post. With a 24 hour day, and an insane 7 votes minimum to lynch someone in that time, there is no time to delay.

Vote: Chandani

I notice meiu is on the forums at this time, mu vote for Chandani is conditional on meiu not lurking this chance to post.

We have to get someone to soft lynch, a NL is too crappy.

ninja'ed, yep, she posted, Chandani is now the clear winner with just the word "Confirming" to her post.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:16 am UTC

Ok so 24 hours is very very short for a N1, so inactivity is even more of an issue than normal. I really don't like the suggestion of a NL from FAOT, and at the moment that's where my vote is leaning, but hopefully I can reread the thread when I get home this afternoon to check if there was anything else from D1.

I'm interested in Wei's question about the chat, but given it wasn't bolded:

What happens with the FBI chat - does it become nightchat now that there are no days?

Also:

Vote: forallofthis

In case I don't get back on this afternoon.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:26 am UTC

Well, I was about to vote Brook right there for not realizing the game started.

There's many ways to handle the capo thing, and I think Mavketl has the final say, regardless. One capo can communicate with Mav if she decides, so we can have one private result and two public results at the same time if you think that's necessary. I think it's important to realize that we don't know how many FBIs are Capos right now.

I don't mind the Chandani vote, but it doesn't seem optimal.

(It'll be tough to get more juice than this. Only Mav and the capos can actually do anything, so they have to decide. We can only offer suggestions and call them out on stuff. I don't see anything major to say.)
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 am UTC

Lataro: I didn't post anything becuase I didn't have much to say on the manner. I don't really know what the optimal strategy is for copping when there are three one-shot cops and no one knows if they are corrupted (though I do agree mathematically there is a higher chance of the FBI Agent to be a Made Men. We just don't know it).
Also, eventually we'll have to lynch FBI Snitches to win, but the first priority is the FBI Agent. Duh.

As for the question about nightchat...I found a possible answer!
MasterOfAll wrote:Note: Day periods will be as brief as possible, lasting only long enough for me to process the actions that were already sent in. This is necessary to ensure that the game runs in the allotted time. This means that FBI Agent can PM his snitches during the night phases, but there will still be a delay after a successful recruitment before they can chat. (ie. a D1 recruit cannot chat with FBI Agent until D2/N2.)

Since the days are so short, I'm going to put a disclaimer up: I might not participate as much as others because of school and sleep, which pretty much takes up a bunch of my free time. I will have time to vote before the deadline tomorrow, however.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:01 am UTC

Yes, Chandani found the edit to 1st post that addressed the issue that FBI chat used to be day only, but that does not work in 'dayless' game.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 am UTC

If we ignore the fact that we have Capo's, as they will effectively become Made-men - post bribing, then we are simply looking for voting patterns.
Who is voting for who?
Who is voting with who?
Which won't become apparent for a day or 2.

Another thing is who is doing nothing special, ie keeping their head down, or their nose clean, thus avoiding a potential lynch on them.
This is certainly more informative in the initial stages, though more discernable in the latter days.

Chandani, Lataro is bullish, I too can be bullish (you may read 'weird' here), Mav is more conservative.
You however, are quiet, so are you keeping your head down?

Saying something is necessary, speculate, because saying nothing (low content) is a hanging offence.

I still think it's worth Made-men to come forward and fall on their swords.

Certainly, I offer myself up as a sacrifice in these early stages.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am UTC

Chandani - I have a question - what colour is my hat?
Where did my old signature go? :(

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:46 am UTC

Wow, this thing is going to move fast with 24-hour nights. Which means we need to find a lead, and quick. I'm assuming that Lataro's vote for Mav was entirely a joke vote, as Day Votes don't count. Otherwise it would be an all-too-clear scumtell and should be answered with immediate lynching. (I suppose in a world of wine, that could also be his "iron-clad" defence against being the agent.)

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am UTC

That's half a night left now. I think it is time for a little ordering-around experiment.

Hey, underlings. I want to see a vote from EVERYONE todaynight.
(Disclaimer: this is no game mechanic, you are not obliged to vote. But you really, really should and if you don't, I will be cranky.)

Also, a question to my dear Capos: is there any one of you who is sure to be online at the deadline (24 hours after the start of night post)?
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 pm UTC

Pushy, pushy, oh mighty Capo dei Capi…

I hate voting with no information whatsoever.

BigNose: some analysis. Offers himself as a target if we don't find better. Suspicious of Chandani. Slow to grasp the argument about lynching a snitch being a mislynch. (I agree with him, however, that a snitch lynch is better than no lynch, and better than a mafia lynch, so, while suboptimal, it's actually the second best possibility.)
Chandani: fairly quiet, but found the edit to the first post, solving one conundrum for the town. May indicate a particular interest in the FBI's mechanics, though
Weeks: says the Candani vote is suboptimal, waffles a little about Capo strategy (says it's Mav's decision, anyway)
Dr Ug: Repeats a question from Weiyaoli, doesn't like FAOT's NL s
uggestion
Lataro (Capo): Votes Chandani for inactivity. Points out FAOT's logic fail on the No-Lynch.
mieullium: Fairly inactive. Only says that she is worried that the FBI may have recruited a Made Man rather than a Capo
FOAT: Some confusion on mechanics led him to suggest a No-lynch (according to his clarification). Capo analysis (somewhat statistical)
Brook: Votes Lataro. Speculation on Capo use.
Elvish_Pillager (Capo): Lynching a snitch is a mislynch
Weiyaoli : favors fast use of Capos. Asks questions about FBI talk.
Cycoden: Very cautious in his wordings. Only one post.
Michaelandjimi (Capo): Statistical ramblings about Capo use
Mav (Godfather, and thus beyond reproach): Has been the strong, silent leader from the beginning of night until this latest command. Before she opened the discussion of Capo strategy.
b.i.o seems to be missing !!
NotARaptor seems to be missing (earlier, some discussion of Capo strategy)!!

We have a few people not really contributing. Until something better turns up:

Vote: b.i.o

I should have one more chance to check in before deadline.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:31 pm UTC

Vote Count

Chandani - 1 (Lataro)
ForAllOfThis - 1 (Dr Ug)
b.i.o - 1 (mpolo)

9 Votes needed to kill immediately, or 7 Votes at deadline.

Deadline is 11 hours, 15 minutes from now.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:32 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Mav (Godfather, and thus beyond reproach): Has been the strong, silent leader from the beginning of night until this latest command. Before she opened the discussion of Capo strategy.
Heh. That brings me to something else, by the way:

If anyone has ideas on how to use investigations (or one of my own powers), please feel free to speculate in thread. I would welcome a discussion on different options and it gets/keeps people talking. I just won't comment on it very much, as to not give the FBI Agent ideas about my decisions.
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:34 pm UTC

I'm tempted to vote BigNose because offering himself up as a target seems pretty suspicous (it's what we would least expect from the FBI agent/snitch).

A lurker lynch would also be ok but..

Vote: BigNose

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:I'm tempted to vote BigNose because offering himself up as a target seems pretty suspicous (it's what we would least expect from the FBI agent/snitch).

A lurker lynch would also be ok but..

Vote: BigNose

I don't have a problem with that.
As I said, I think that we will be in a better position once we are down a few, so either we vote on who we think is Towny, or a lamb.

Point to note:
The Agent has already selected his target, so we have 1 Snitch in the game.

So maybe the question is: if you were the Agent, who would you pick as a Snitch (to be on your side) and also likely to NOT get lynched as the game progresses.

On that basis, my list would be: Mav, Weeks, Wei and Dr Ug

Therefore, on that basis:

Vote: Weeks

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:57 pm UTC

Sonova... spread out shotgun votes isn't gonna get anyone lynched.

Unvote
Vote: bio

We have less than half a day to get to 7 votes on someone here.

Chandani

Postby Chandani » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:01 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Chandani - I have a question - what colour is my hat?

...What? Your avatar isn't wearing a hat... If I'm supposed to go off traditional mafia hats, then it would be a gray color, but if you're just being random, I say orange. Because I like orange.

BigNose wrote:Point to note:
The Agent has already selected his target, so we have 1 Snitch in the game.

So maybe the question is: if you were the Agent, who would you pick as a Snitch (to be on your side) and also likely to NOT get lynched as the game progresses.

On that basis, my list would be: Mav, Weeks, Wei and Dr Ug

Just a point of clarification, but Mav can't be converted. Since she's the Godfather.

Apparently bio is 'missing', according to mpolo, so I'll vote for him for now.
Vote: bio

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 pm UTC

Vote Count

ForAllOfThis - 1 (Dr Ug)
b.i.o - 3 (mpolo, Lataro, Chandani)
BigNose - 1 (ForAllOfThis)
Weeks - 1 (BigNose)

9 Votes needed to kill immediately, or 7 Votes at deadline.

Deadline is 8 hours, 15 minutes from now.

Return to “Mafia”