Whackabanana: The Mod is Dead. Long live Militant Atheists

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
willwithskills
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am UTC
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby willwithskills » Sat May 15, 2010 7:30 am UTC

RoadieRich wrote:[He] is ignoring the existence of cop and other faction-identifying abilities. In a "crazy game" where there are likely no vanilla players, lots of people are likely to be able to at least get a pretty good idea of what faction someone's from.

Er, when did I do that? Why would I deny the existence of a cop? In all likelihood there is a cop in this game, but even then he/she might not be able to tell the difference between cult and scum. All I'm saying is that this early in the game, we shouldn't try to go for a specific faction but just whoever looks the most suspicious. It is true that the cult is probably more dangerous than the mafia, depending on the number of people the cult start with.

As for not voting, I pretty sure that's justified this early in the game. Like TMP, I'm not big on gut feelings and I do not see a lot to be suspicious about right now. There is a pretty good case against megatriorchis, especially after this quote.
Megatriorchis wrote:I don't think this kind of game is fit for a strategy.
You might've meant something different by this post, but from what I can gather you are saying that a crazy game isn't fit for strategy. To me it's quite the opposite, we need more astute strategy and logic to keep track of the game when it starts getting wild.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby phlip » Sat May 15, 2010 7:52 am UTC

How likely are we to be in a situation where it matters what our preferred kill order is? Where we're in a situation where we know, or at least suspect, multiple people of being scum, and even which factions we suspect them of being from... and need to decide which one to lynch first? 'Cause I'd think that'd be pretty rare, and even if it did happen, it'd probably be better to go for whichever one we're more sure about, rather than lynching a person who might be cult over the person who's probably mafia, just 'cause we think the cult's more dangerous.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby ameretrifle » Sat May 15, 2010 8:59 am UTC

Agreed. I never found discussing what priority factions should be given very productive; it's usually a day 1 topic, and it never goes anywhere, because no one runs into that kind of dilemma on D1 unless you're crazy lucky. It only very rarely becomes relevant, and when it does, it's usually several game days in, by which time most of the speculation has been forgotten.
cycoden wrote:
ameretrifle wrote:Yeah, that's how the cult worked in Surprise, too. Godfather sold our asses out >_> So, seems a safe assumption that the alignment change oddities will hold, and that some people may be unrecruitable. But, that seems more likely to be helpful information to the cult than to us. >_>
:P. The cult won, didn't they?
I still got killed. ;D Besides, by all rights we should've been screwed several times along the way. Lucky recruit finagling and town being a little bit... daft... a time or two are all that saved us.

Yeah... I forgot how D1 is even worse with a closed setup. >_> I'm sorry, I've got absolutely nothing. I looked over the wagons a bit, but so far they're neither convincing enough to win my support nor ludicrous enough to provoke my suspicion. I'm really hoping somebody's got a day action, preferably non-lethal, 'cause I hate having nothing to go on. In fact, I can't remember an Amy game where there wasn't some sort of day action, so that's probably not hopeless...

User avatar
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 am UTC
Location: Citizen of the World
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby michaelandjimi » Sat May 15, 2010 10:09 am UTC

Right, I just got back from a week straight of partying and performing - I was in a circus version of Romeo and Juliet.* I am, as they say, fucktired, but I will read the thread soon (next two days max) and then write stuff up, yeah?

Thanks.

*I was a juggler!
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 am UTC

I thought I'd be home earlier than this and didn't intend to be so blunt, but I am too tired to write everything I want to write and I have to work a long shift tomorrow so I'll summarize. I want to urge people to make some new arguments/analyss or vote for whoever you find the most suspicious before people really start to lose interest in the game. Posting has slowed considerably. My vote for Megatriorchis stands unless someone gives me something chewier. I am a Veteran in a game of veterans and I know that people aren't going to make a lot of slips that are apparent on day one, so don't be afraid to post about something that seems a little flimsy. We can build cases against players over the days, but we can't move forward without people posting.

Also, now that Cycoden is back (I can't remember if I saw him post here or in Discmafia) it would be nice to hear something from him.

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby felltir » Sun May 16, 2010 9:02 am UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:Right, I just got back from a week straight of partying and performing - I was in a circus version of Romeo and Juliet.* I am, as they say, fucktired, but I will read the thread soon (next two days max) and then write stuff up, yeah?

Thanks.

*I was a juggler!


How do you kill a circus?

Spoiler:
stab it in the juggler!


But yeah, I've been super busy last two days, and thus have not posted. ATM, Mega seems a liiiiitle suspicious, but not much more.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Sungura » Sun May 16, 2010 10:31 am UTC

Day 1 shall end Wednesday night approx 8pm EST unless stuff has really picked up /before/ then.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby cycoden » Sun May 16, 2010 2:04 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:yes, it has begun.

Ok, so a cult, mafia, time traveler, ghost, and who knows what else. Given that there are 20 players, I think there should be somewhere in the range of 3 to 5 members in the mafia. I'm willing to bet on 4. Also, I'd also bet that the cult likely has a recruit, and begins with 3 players at the most.

Ok, now to speculate on the time traveler. I think a time traveler may be either townie or independent, although if there are multiple time travelers, then one might be mafia aligned. I would imagine that a time traveler would have one of 2 abilities: they can change a vote, or they can kill someone in the past (I'm willing to bet on the former). As a result, assuming we get to read the slips of paper after each death, we could potentially revive dead townies (or we may be forced to lynch someone else in the past).

The Ghost: Maybe the ghost gets 1 final investigation, and/or gets to speak after death? I think it is likely that a ghost will be a townie role
Felltir wrote:Right. This looks to be damn complicated, and already pretty much done over. But I don't think we should assume only one cult member. Could be up to 3, I reckon, though unlikely. Error.
OverBored wrote:After reading a significant chunk of Matrix Mafia through again, I discovered three things:

1) Cults are powerful. The smiths had two people, and unless I am misunderstanding, the smiths were essentially a cult.

2) Neb always kills me in the most annoying ways

3) I am really, really bad at riddles, especially those with Shakespeare in them.

I would tend to think that the cult has 2 members, but idle speculation doesn't actually help us all that much.

On a side note (aimed at anyone who has played recently), are there any more newer roles that get used regularly but some of us may not have seen before? It might be nice to have an idea of what we might find.

The speculation about the number of players in a cult concerns me, as I can't see any flavour reason for it to be brought up. I suspect someone knows something.

Vieto wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:
Jar'O'Jam wrote:EBWOP:
Vieto wrote:Ok, so a cult, mafia, time traveler, ghost

walk into a bar.


All but the ghost say owe. Bartender looks up and says "You're all cut off, now get back to lynching scum"


Why would the mafia try to lynch scum?

I have to agree with Moo that 5 goons is likely too much for a medium game.

Brooklynxman wrote:Gee Vieto, the cult has a recruit. Whoda thought?

Not all cults have recruits. Most do, but not all. That said, we should go under the assumption they have a recruit.

The Moo Prophet wrote:I don't remember how Time Travelers worked in the past, but I would think they can go back 1 or 2 days and maybe roleblock someone.


I didn't think of that, but it makes sense as a possibility.
...speculating about the existance of a recruitless cult is like speculating about the existance of a killless mafia. And seems very weird, at this point in the game.

Vox Imperatoris wrote:
Megatriorchis wrote:So we should keep all these possibilities in mind and not just lynch people all willy-nilly. We need to choose carefully, I'd say we go after mafia members first and then cult members, then independents (if there are any). The cult could be a major threat if they can recruit every night and if most of their recruits join and if only a few of them get killed throughout the game.


I disagree. To the extent that we can, we should try to eliminate the cult above all, since cults tend to become ridiculously overpowered if they're allowed to grow for too long.
I agree with vox.

RoadieRich wrote:
I'm a big fan of not speaking unless I've got something to say - look through the two newbie games, and you'll see that to be the case. If I'd seen anything that struck me as suspicious, or I had anything that might add to discussion, I'd post it, believe me.

I mean, if you want to provide constructive criticism on my posting style, previous analyses (that is the plural of analysis, right?), then I'll try to change. But until then, I'm going to stick to what I know how to do: and that's lurk. I know it's not great, but until I've seen something worthwhile to post, that's what I'm going to do. Sorry.
Well, if you can't find anyone being suspicious, you can always ask questions about people, and perhaps vote for them... their reaction to your actions might give you some insight.

OverBored wrote:Whilst I don't think we should have a particular hierarchy of who to lynch, I don't think it is particularly uncommon to hold the view which Mega has (that a particular order is needed). Much in the same way that people often try to convince an SK to work to the towns benefit for a while. Normally I would disagree with the order that Mega suggests as well, but with so little information about the nature of the Mafia and the Cult, and knowledge that there are some freaky roles out there, I think it is premature to make any presumptions about which party is more risky. We should, IMHO, just take any anti-town lynching/death as a success, rather than cursing ourselves when we catch scum instead of cult (or vice versa).
hmm. I agree with your last point. It should also be noted that spreading fear about the cult is an awesome mafia tactic for scum to use - since the cult is, of course, usually more dangerous, and also more scary as confirmed town can suddenly become cult.

michaelandjimi wrote:
*I was a juggler!
Aha! Jester!

I couldn't pin down any particular reason to find Az suspicious - it may simply be that there are more fluff posts from him than I usually expect. Right now, vieto's early comments are most concerning to me. I'm not quite ready to vote on it though.

FoS: vieto
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby phlip » Sun May 16, 2010 2:45 pm UTC

So I read through the thread again, and one post that stood out to me was Jar'O'Jam's vote for willwithskills... completely un-backed-up, and, as a couple of people said, there's nothing really suspicious about will that would warrant it (certainly not one that would warrant a vote without explanation, like it was all obvious). Also, this same guy here took that one post of Mega's that everyone's jumping on and generally disagreeing with, and called it "obvious". A minor point in itself, but put it with the other thing...

So yeah, FoS: Jar'O'Jam


Unrelatedly, I found it kinda handy to view the thread grouped by author... you have to keep in mind that it hides the context, and remember to check up on that... but it helps give scumdar pings a chance to accumulate (otherwise it's harder to remember that those minor pings on pages 3, 27 and 105 were all the same poster...). Links posted for reference and spoilered for length.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby felltir » Sun May 16, 2010 6:08 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:*snip*
The speculation about the number of players in a cult concerns me, as I can't see any flavour reason for it to be brought up. I suspect someone knows something.


Obviously someone knows something. I, personally, was just saying how big the cult might be in this game. It's just speculation, but that's all we have D1.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Sun May 16, 2010 6:38 pm UTC

Okay, that time limit is coming up pretty soon. The question we need to ask ourselves now is "Who do we want to end up lynching?"

Option 1: Mega
I've got a vote on her, but admittedly the justification is not very strong. I think we all know by now what it is: she brought up preferred lynching order and said mafia, not cult, first.

Option 2: Vieto
FOSed by cycoden on the grounds that he speculated about the number of members in the cult without there being much reason to do so. Very weak.

Option 3: Jar'O'Jam
Nice comments by phlip: he's suspicious because of his uncalled-for and unexplained vote for willwithskills, and for a strange comment about Mega's suspicious vote. After looking at this again, I think he's more suspicious than Mega, at least, so, barring a new development, I think we should lynch him.

Unvote: Megatriorchis

Vote: Jar'O'Jam
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image

User avatar
Jar'O'Jam
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sun May 16, 2010 8:25 pm UTC

It wasn't an uncalled vote. I consider his posts to be poorly written and that gives me a suspicion of him being affiliated with anti-town forces. It's no worse than some of you picking on Mega.
Image
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sun May 16, 2010 11:21 pm UTC

Well, I said it myself, the evidence against Megatriorchis is not conlclusive. I think that JoJ's actions combined with his otherwise low content fluff is more suspicious, and I will vote accordingly.

Unvote
Vote: Jar'O'Jam

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Dr Ug » Mon May 17, 2010 12:02 am UTC

I can definitely see the points against Jar'o'jam. I always find him very difficult to read (mainly due to pathological lack of content and excess of joking posts). He is therefore a probable liability to town whether he is scum or not. I would prefer to lynch someone that is likely to be scum over someone who is just playing their normal unreadable game, but I can't find anyone who fits those criteria yet.

Therefore, and with an impending deadline, I'll:

Vote: Jar'o'Jam
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Azrael001 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:44 am UTC

I don't think that the dead line is so close as to force me to vote yet. And while Jar O Jam does seem a bit off, I think that it is no more than Mega, and I haven't even noticed Vieto, though perhaps that's just my faulty memory. I'll probably end up voting for him if no one else surfaces, but I don't want to jump onto the band wagon yet.
23111

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Sungura » Mon May 17, 2010 12:46 am UTC

Votals:
1 - willwithskills (JoJ)
3 - JoJ (Vox, TMP, Ug)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon May 17, 2010 2:05 am UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:It wasn't an uncalled vote. I consider his posts to be poorly written and that gives me a suspicion of him being affiliated with anti-town forces. It's no worse than some of you picking on Mega.


Jester jester is jester.

Still, deadline. Ugh. I'm not sure he is a jester, but he is being so obnoxious about it I think he has to be doing it on purpose. Unless he is a ghost. Or daycop.

Except for ghost I don't want to lynch JoJ
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Dr Ug » Mon May 17, 2010 2:08 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:
Jar'O'Jam wrote:It wasn't an uncalled vote. I consider his posts to be poorly written and that gives me a suspicion of him being affiliated with anti-town forces. It's no worse than some of you picking on Mega.


Jester jester is jester.

Still, deadline. Ugh. I'm not sure he is a jester, but he is being so obnoxious about it I think he has to be doing it on purpose. Unless he is a ghost. Or daycop.

Except for ghost I don't want to lynch JoJ
I go through this argument in my head every game I've played with J'o'J. He is playing his normal playstyle, which I don't like and is unhelpful to town no matter his alignment. Unless he is a town power-role, he is not helpful to us, and could be (at worst) scum who will be impossible to tell as he always plays like this. Thus, my previous vote.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby b.i.o » Mon May 17, 2010 2:33 am UTC

So I just re-read everything. There's practically nothing here. People are playing pretty safe. I think you all (for a select "you all") are way too eager to jump on useless bandwagons. We've gone from trying to lynch Mega for disagreeing about facts that are almost entirely pointless, to JoJ, who's just playing like JoJ usually does.

We have until Wednesday. That's plenty of time. Day one lynches don't have to be useless, and these almost-bandwagons are disturbing me. The people who seem most suspicious to me are the ones who have participated in both of them. So Vox and Moo. I'm getting more pings from Vox than from Moo, and so I'm going to:

vote: the moo prophet

Yes, that was on purpose. TMP is pinging me less because he's hanging back a bit more and now that I look back at it, I find that more suspicious.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby b.i.o » Mon May 17, 2010 2:43 am UTC

(I'd really like to hear from more people though. I feel like only about half of the people here are really being very active/saying much.)

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Vieto » Mon May 17, 2010 2:51 am UTC

Sorry for not posting in a while, I'll make up for it with some post analysis... randomly doing B.I.O. (complements of Random.org)

1.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:
Sungura wrote:1) DO NOT I repeat DO NOT read spoilers even after you are killed until at least 2 more game days have gone by.

I misread this the first four times I read this sentence. Game days. Not real days. Thought it was worth emphasizing.


neutral comment, game analysis.

2.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:Thoughts:
-There were 3 mafia (one of them a godfather) in Amy's last game, which had the same number of people. Especially given that we know there's also a cult here, I'd be surprised if there were more than 3, and very surprised if there were more than 4.
-Cult is powerful enough when starting with 1 member. I seriously doubt there are more than that to start.
-Amy says this is going to be a crazy game. Every single game I've played in that Amy's modded has been somewhat crazy. This is a somewhat terrifying prospect. Since every Amy-game I've played has also had at least three (maybe four?) communicating factions (scum, cult, plus at least one more) I'm going to guess that there's probably some kind of mason group, and probably some options for other groups appearing later in the game.
-I guess it's possible that there are two scum groups, probably with two players each, although I think there's a somewhat low probability of this.
-I seriously doubt that there are two cults, because one of the main powers of cults is information accumulation, and if one cult recruits a member from the other, that means that they basically know the roles of half of the people in the game on D3, and cults are powerful enough in the first place.
-Given that, and the fact that I don't think the usage of "at least one" was an accident, I'm going to guess that there are multiple time travelers or ghosts or both.


Role spec, primarily about both scum and cult. Frankly, I agree with him here. Neutral.

3.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:
The Moo Prophet wrote:I guess if we are lucky they lose recruit power when the leader dies, and maybe we will see some NKs hit them.

If we're lucky. But I wouldn't count on it.


no-content, neutral.

4.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:Oh, just remembered that I was a ghost in one of Amy's previous games.

I was independent-leaning-town, and my goal was to find and kill two players before they got lynched or otherwise killed. I was unlynchable, but couldn't post in the thread/vote after I got lynched if I did.

Basically, death didn't affect me going about trying to accomplish my goal at all, it just meant I couldn't interact with anyone else.


speculating based on what ghosts in past games have been. Neutral.

5.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:
Vieto wrote:
Vox Imperatoris wrote:What? How could you have been lynched if you were...unlynchable?


*handwave* nobody knows... magic...

I believe what he meant was that if he was lynched, he didn't die, but only lost his ability to talk.

Yes, that.


confirmation of clarification. neutral.

6.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:Yeah, now that I think about it, you're right. Amy's had games with multiple cults before and it did end up working out ok. In that case though, one cult came into existence on day 2.


more role spec, this time on cults.

7.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:Not sure if I was NKable or not. There was a ghostbuster whose job it was to kill me though. (And who had a special power to kill me.)

It was leaning town because I was told my alignment as leaning town. My targets were town too though.


more ghost spec.

8.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:
Azrael001 wrote:It was mentioned earlier that there is a chance that there are people who cannot be recruited. In the previous Amy game I was unrecruitable myself, and the godfather was a fake recruit. It is possible that the cult may not be as horrible a threat as they might otherwise have been. Though they are obviously still at least as dangerous as the mafia...

In the game I played the ghost (Wonka's Nerds) I was also part of one of the cults, and the way recruitment worked was that we'd be fine if someone wasn't already part of a faction, but if they were already part of a cult or scum group they'd retain their original alignment and could destroy us from within. Don't remember what happened with masons in that game, or if there was anyone that was just uncultable completely.

I have exams until the end of the week and them I'm going home, so I'm probably going to pretty quiet from now until Sunday. (Or not, if I keep procrastinating like this...)


more ghost spec, and stating that he is likely to go quiet.

9.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:
Cynical Idealist wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:michaelandjimi

Well of course, he isn't even playing.

Good catch.

...although actually, given that this is an Amy-game, we can't be completely certain of that, and CI might have just given us a Clue.


Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but M&J is on the player list... </confused>

10.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:...I'll wait to hear from Mega again before I start thinking about voting. This seems like a pretty simple mistake or difference of opinion to me, not a tell.


not taking a stance on the issue; though it makes sense to wait for a response before going straight-out for a lynch.

11.
Spoiler:
b.i.o wrote:So I just re-read everything. There's practically nothing here. People are playing pretty safe. I think you all (for a select "you all") are way too eager to jump on useless bandwagons. We've gone from trying to lynch Mega for disagreeing about facts that are almost entirely pointless, to JoJ, who's just playing like JoJ usually does.

We have until Wednesday. That's plenty of time. Day one lynches don't have to be useless, and these almost-bandwagons are disturbing me. The people who seem most suspicious to me are the ones who have participated in both of them. So Vox and Moo. I'm getting more pings from Vox than from Moo, and so I'm going to:

vote: the moo prophet

Yes, that was on purpose. TMP is pinging me less because he's hanging back a bit more and now that I look back at it, I find that more suspicious.


This post I like. Before this, I was getting a neutral-scummy feel from BIO (Until this point, he has done mostly role spec and has not so much taken sides). Here, he's calling people out for being lazy, has taken a side, and has a good reason for it. I'd say this is a rather town post.


-----

In summary, I'm inclined to believe Bio as being town (for the moment). I'll analyze Vox or Moo next to see if his current pings hold any water.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby The Moo Prophet » Mon May 17, 2010 4:45 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:TMP is pinging me less because he's hanging back a bit more and now that I look back at it, I find that more suspicious.


I would like you to explain what you mean when you say I am hanging back more than Vox. It is true that I have followed (chronologically) both Vox's vote on Mega and on JoJ, but I was the one who first voiced my suspicions about Mega in detail. I only voted for her when I realized that I had accused Azrael001 of being too reluctant to vote. During my post for Megatriorchis I admitted that it wasn't much to go on, and in a subsequent post, I asked for people to find other options. JoJ was singled out and an argument made against him. Vox voted for JoJ and when I read the argument and reviewed the posts I found him to be more scummy than Mega. Some people have said that this is just how JoJ plays, but I can't let that effect how I think about him. I don't know why I explained all that, you can read my posts and see it.

What I want to know is how you can say I am hanging back more than Vox when I have analyzed two players post by post and Vox has done role spec and agree with other people.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby b.i.o » Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 am UTC

It's not that you actually are hanging back--as you just explained. It's that I didn't notice that you weren't until I actually went looking for you. You've managed to be active and fade into the background at the same time, and that worries me. Vox has been much more noticeable.

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby cycoden » Mon May 17, 2010 10:49 am UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:It wasn't an uncalled vote. I consider his posts to be poorly written and that gives me a suspicion of him being affiliated with anti-town forces. It's no worse than some of you picking on Mega.
Can you post quotes of which posts are poorly written and why they are scummy?

Having reviewed your posts, I only found the last two to be scummy (people suggesting you are scummy for attacking mega are drawing a *very* long bow methinks). However, accusation (or voting) without justification (preferably quoted), is a pretty basic scumtell.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby cycoden » Mon May 17, 2010 11:25 am UTC

WWS wrote:If there is a lot of night chatter as seems extremely likely, there could very well be a listener among us
This was the only especially weird point I could find in WWS's posts (although he did also speculate about a large cult, and whinge about how hard the game is).

JoJ, I want answers! What exactly have I missed that is making you so suspicious about WWS - there are a few somewhat reasonable arguments re mega's suspiciousness - I want to hear yours re WWS.

nao.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

User avatar
Jar'O'Jam
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Mon May 17, 2010 12:29 pm UTC

cycoden wrote:
Jar'O'Jam wrote:It wasn't an uncalled vote. I consider his posts to be poorly written and that gives me a suspicion of him being affiliated with anti-town forces. It's no worse than some of you picking on Mega.
Can you post quotes of which posts are poorly written and why they are scummy?


No, I can't. It's not the lines taken out of the context and then put for everyone to discuss that bothers me about his posts, but the whole feeling that he's trying to generate content, but he's being over-cautious, not wanting to give away his affiliation.
Image
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

User avatar
Jar'O'Jam
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Mon May 17, 2010 12:33 pm UTC

EBWOP: I've actually formulated that terribly, it should've sounded something like

It's not that some of the lines he said can be taken out of the context and then put for everyone to discuss that motivated me to vote, but actually the general feeling that he's trying to generate content to show his participation, but in the same he's being over-cautious, not wanting to give away something that will give away his real affiliation.
Image
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

User avatar
willwithskills
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am UTC
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby willwithskills » Mon May 17, 2010 6:07 pm UTC

Seems like people are always accusing me of that. Maybe it's just my play style, but right now in the game there really isn't that much to take a real stance about. There are fairly minor suspicions here and there but the game isn't really moving very fast in any direction. Of course, that is partially my fault as well, but I'll try to alleviate that in my coming posts. As suggested, some analysis needs to get in the game and I will be able to provide some tomorrow.

Y'all can just call me Will instead of WWS if you want. :oops:
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

User avatar
OverBored
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby OverBored » Mon May 17, 2010 7:26 pm UTC

So now that the internet has stopped hating me, I can post again!

I'm honestly not happy with the way JoJ has been playing. Obviously I'll defer to your judgement if you can actually justify the claims you have made, but until then, I think the vote being left there is making me suspicious.
It's not that some of the lines he said can be taken out of the context and then put for everyone to discuss that motivated me to vote, but actually the general feeling that he's trying to generate content to show his participation, but in the same he's being over-cautious, not wanting to give away something that will give away his real affiliation.


To me, this is almost nothing. That's not to say other people haven't done the same (and I feel the same way about those votes), its just that I'd like to see people justify votes a little more than this. You are basically saying "Feels like scum, I'll vote for that"
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby The Moo Prophet » Tue May 18, 2010 8:02 pm UTC

Well, 24 hours since the last post. We have 3 votes on JoJ for being strange, 1 vote on WWS for more or less no reason and 1 vote on me for not being suspicious, which B.I.O. find suspicious. Are we going to let this game drag on like this or what? I understand that everyone is reluctant to vote, seems like a day one thing, but I'd hate to go two more days with no content going up just to have the mod kill someone.

User avatar
Vox Imperatoris
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 am UTC
Location: Alabama

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Tue May 18, 2010 9:34 pm UTC

I apologize for my lack of long posts. I've just been a busier this week than I thought I would be with teachers trying to get assignments in at the last minute.

Jar'O'Jam definitely could be a jester; I didn't consider that possibility before. However, I still think we ought to lynch him, as even then it's better than lynching a good town member who could help us out.

TMP is totally correct that I haven't done anything but role speculation and agreeing with other people. I don't think there's really enough meat in the discussion for that to be worth the effort right now, honestly (at least for anyone who hasn't already been analyzed). I will try to pick things up in Day 2, though.

b.i.o. doesn't seem like scum to me, either, even though he has implicated me as a "ping" on his radar, so I'm going to leave him alone.
Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.
17/♂/Heterosexual/US/Atheist/Objectivist
Tigion wrote:Gods, [Mafia] is like poker, 'cept harder.

Nu Știu Să Fiu Numai Pentru Tine—Andreea Bălan—Amazing song! Verrückte Jungs—Blümchen—My avatar.
Image

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Azrael001 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:00 am UTC

I've got no leads. I've noticed no evidence one way or another, other than thinking that everyone who is voting right now is voting wrong. Perhaps that is something in and of itself. Let's look at the three people voting for JoJ:

I always notice Vox because his avatar and sig picture are really bright. That is, his posts stand out, which is bad, but it's no reason to vote for someone. I'm ambivalent towards TMP. If someone made a really good argument against him, I could vote for him, but "he's not suspicious" isn't a good one. While I'm neutral towards TMP, I have no read on Dr Ug. This may seem like it's the same thing, but it's not. Instead it means that he's been blending in with the crowd. This isn't a bad thing, and certainly not something to vote for so I'm not going to vote for him.

Honestly I'm thinking Felltir, but it's got no basis stronger than a gut feeling, but that's served me well before, so what the heck, it's unlikely to actually cause a lynch. But if I end up being right I get to say I told you so.

Vote: Felltir
23111

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Megatriorchis » Wed May 19, 2010 3:46 am UTC

Oh, it might cause a lynch. Probably not Felltir's though.

Seriously, wtf, 001. You can't just vote for someone for no reason.

Or maybe you want to get lynched? That's how it seems right now.

Whatever. Vote: Azrael001
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Azrael001 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:16 am UTC

I've got a reason. I think that he's anti-town. I just don't know why.
23111

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Megatriorchis » Wed May 19, 2010 4:18 am UTC

Okay, is it some kind of ability you can't tell us about? Like an investigation or something? I'm keeping my vote on you until you elaborate at least a little.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Azrael001 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:37 am UTC

It's just a feeling. Some times I get them, and some times they are right.
23111

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby b.i.o » Wed May 19, 2010 4:40 am UTC

As far as I can tell from what he said, it's just a feeling. Which doesn't make me terribly happy. I don't usually vote on my feelings unless I can find at least one quantifiable reason to do so.

That said, Felltir hasn't exactly given us a lot to play with.

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Megatriorchis » Wed May 19, 2010 4:40 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:It's just a feeling. Some times I get them, and some times they are right.
And sometimes they aren't? Feelings are weightless in mafia! I'm keeping my vote!
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby b.i.o » Wed May 19, 2010 4:43 am UTC

Megatriorchis wrote:And sometimes they aren't? Feelings are weightless in mafia! I'm keeping my vote!

See, now this I disagree with. I think they're less valuable in large games like this, but I managed to pick out all 3 scum on day 1 in the time warp mini based almost entirely on feelings.

Intuition is most of this game, I think. I just don't think it's the whole game, which is why I do try to have actual reasons, and why I would like to see some actual reason, however bad.

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana - Invitational: Day 1

Postby Megatriorchis » Wed May 19, 2010 4:46 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:
Megatriorchis wrote:And sometimes they aren't? Feelings are weightless in mafia! I'm keeping my vote!

See, now this I disagree with. I think they're less valuable in large games like this, but I managed to pick out all 3 scum on day 1 in the time warp mini based almost entirely on feelings.

Intuition is most of this game, I think. I just don't think it's the whole game, which is why I do try to have actual reasons, and why I would like to see some actual reason, however bad.
And Azrael001 isn't giving us any. I've made judgments based on feelings, too. I killed Az001 day 1 in the first Nickrole and he turned out to be cult (actually, I was just testing my power out. So I guess it was more a whim than an instinct....>_>)! But this is ridiculous. Felltir hasn't said much. If Azrael001 actually told us why he's suspicious, maybe I'd poke at Felltir with a stick or something.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests