Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Suzaku

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Suzaku » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:05 am UTC

The Resistance - The Shogun's Folly

Fields of summer grass
Are all that now remains of
Ancient warriors' dreams
- Bassho

Mod: Suzaku
Size: 5 to 10
Complexity: Resistance
Setup: Open
Speed: Team Proposal Phase - 3 days, Mission Phase - 1 day. Weekends count as half time, accommodations made for holidays etc.
Flavour: Japanese Historical, possibly with mystic or magical elements.

Rules and setup details (WIP) can be found at this Google Doc.

1. Wam (I am rubbish at resistance)
2. Adam (a single tear of joy caresses my cheek as I type this)
3. Tormod (Hey gotta start sometime, right?)
4. lynx (what's with the meter on that haiku?)
5. Diemo (sorry, n phone)
6. Djehutynakht
7. mpolo

Replacements:
*If signing up for a replacement slot, please be prepared to step in at short notice - this game will fall apart if too many people lurk

Signups are closed - I will be sending out role PMs later this afternoon/evening.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:34 am UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS
A Mafia Game - Halloween Special

The year is 1692. A wave of terror has flooded over the town of Salem as witch hysteria sweeps the region. You have been selected to sit on the jury of the court of Oyer and Terminer, to hear the testimony of all those accused of witchcraft, and the people that have accused them. In all, you and your fellow jurors have been responsible for tens of convictions, 20 of which have, by order of the Judge, resulted in execution.

Then, the horrible discovery. All of your convictions, all of your accusations... wrong. All wrong. Innocents dead or imprisoned for nothing.

But worse. While those who you've killed have been innocent, there are witches that have been striking the town from within! And they've announced their final battle. Together, you and your fellow jurors will have to find the evil plaguing Salem... before it kills you all.

Mod: Djehutynakht (and Wam may help/mentor me)
Size: 13 is ideal. I can adjust for more or less
Setup: Closed with perhaps an exception or two.
Bastardry: None so far as I can think up.
Speed: I was thinking M-Th/F days and F/S-S nights. Will consult players. So roughly 4/5 days per day, and 2-3 days for night (weekends included)
Flavor: Definitely. Most definitely. Absolutely.

Signups:

1. Suzaku (I've been looking forward to this)
2. firesoul31 (I've lurked a bit, now to try a game)
3. ConMan (Insert witty comment here)
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:08 am UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

The year is 1692. A wave of terror has flooded over the town of Salem as witch hysteria sweeps the region. You have been selected to sit on the jury of the court of Oyer and Terminer, to hear the testimony of all those accused of witchcraft, and the people that have accused them. In all, you and your fellow jurors have been responsible for tens of convictions, 20 of which have, by order of the Judge, resulted in execution.

Then, the horrible discovery. All of your convictions, all of your accusations... wrong. All wrong. Innocents dead or imprisoned for nothing.

But worse. While those who you've killed have been innocent, there are witches that have been striking the town from within! And they've announced their final battle. Together, you and your fellow jurors will have to find the evil plaguing Salem... before it kills you all.

Speed: I was thinking M-Th/F days and F/S-S nights. Will consult players. So roughly 4/5 days per day, and 2-3 days for night (weekends included)

Signups:

4. Xenomortis

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:45 am UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

Signups:

4. Xenomortis
5. Madge
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:54 pm UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

Signups:

4. Xenomortis
5. Madge
6. moody7277
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

Signups:

4. Xenomortis
5. Madge
6. moody7277
7. Dimochka (I'm the wild witch of the west)
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

Signups:

4. Xenomortis
5. Madge
6. moody7277
8. Tormod

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

Signups:

4. Xenomortis
5. Madge
6. moody7277
8. Tormod
9. mpolo
Image <-- Evil experiment

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:38 am UTC

4 shy of a cursed jury.

Oh, by the way, people could sign up as Altenates (e.g. Replacements) should they not want to play directly.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 am UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

Signups:

4. Xenomortis
5. Madge
6. moody7277
8. Tormod
9. mpolo
13. Misnomer (something wicked this way comes)
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:29 am UTC

3 shy. Signups should end Sunday night. Come on guys. You can do it!

Also, I'll be away at a conference Thursday to Sunday, so I may or may not give you guys a super-long D1 depending on my connection abilities.

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

SIgn me up if the game will be cancelled otherwise, but I'd really rather not be playing three games at once, particularly considering how busy I am already.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:22 am UTC

I mean, I won't cancel it, but 13 is an ideal number.

So 3, or 2 if we're desperate.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:40 am UTC

Not to be obsessive or anything (this is my first game, pardon me):

Last day for signups guys. 2-3 more would be ideal. If not, I have to conference about who to cut.

Everyone gets a role, if that motivates anyone.

firesoul31

Postby firesoul31 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:35 pm UTC

I just realized that I will be away on Tuesday-Thursday. I should still be able to post at the beginning and end of Day 1, but will otherwise have no internet. Sorry about this, I wasn't thinking.
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them please.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

I'll take it.

Few more hours guys.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:50 am UTC

Okay mis papas fritas:

At the expense of sounding desperate, I'm letting everyone know that I will be unable to officially start the game until tomorrow evening (EST). For such reasons, signups for Salem Witch Trials will remain open until that time. So feel free to do a last minute signups.

Roles will probably go out in... roughly 18-20 hours from this post.

just_me

Postby just_me » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:36 am UTC

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

Signups:

4. Xenomortis
5. Madge
6. moody7277
8. Tormod
9. mpolo
10.just_me

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:36 am UTC

Aha!

If I get one more I can force Lynx in. Or kill him in another game or something.

Anyways, working on it.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 pm UTC

FINE I'LL PLAY...

THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS

Signups:

4. Xenomortis
5. Madge
6. moody7277
8. Tormod
9. mpolo
10.just_me
11. Adam H
-Adam

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 pm UTC

Looking for a replacement in Ender's Mafia.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

Battlestafia Galacticafia

We must not forget the reasons why so many sacrificed so much in the cause of freedom. The cost of wearing the uniform can be high… and sometimes it's too high. I know what you're thinking. Are they the lucky ones? We're a long way from home. We've jumped way beyond the Red Line, into uncharted space. Limited supplies, limited fuel. No allies, and now, no hope? Maybe it would have been better for us to have died quickly, back on the Colonies with our families, instead of dying out here slowly, in the emptiness of dark space. Where shall we go? What shall we do?

Mod: Adam H
Size: 7-11, 9 is preferred.
Setup: Semi-open vanilla, similar to 2of4 or f11. Also, rolenames will play a minor part in determining faction and powers; the exact mechanics will be public knowledge. Players can request a specific rolename by PM. No guarantee you'll get it.
Bastardry: None.
Speed: Standard.
Flavor: There will be very minor spoilers for season 1 (2004-09 TV series) only. Events in later seasons will be ignored.

Players:

Replacements:
-Adam

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

We must not forget the reasons why so many sacrificed so much in the cause of freedom. The cost of wearing the uniform can be high… and sometimes it's too high. I know what you're thinking. Are they the lucky ones? We're a long way from home. We've jumped way beyond the Red Line, into uncharted space. Limited supplies, limited fuel. No allies, and now, no hope? Maybe it would have been better for us to have died quickly, back on the Colonies with our families, instead of dying out here slowly, in the emptiness of dark space. Where shall we go? What shall we do?

Setup: Semi-open vanilla, similar to 2of4 or f11. Also, rolenames will play a minor part in determining faction and powers; the exact mechanics will be public knowledge. Players can request a specific rolename by PM. No guarantee you'll get it.
Flavor: There will be very minor spoilers for season 1 (2004-09 TV series) only. Events in later seasons will be ignored.

Players:
1. Xenomortis (flavour blind)

Replacements:

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 am UTC

b]
[/b]

Players:
1. Xenomortis (flavour blind)
2. Tormod (Staaaaaaaarbuuuuucks!)
Spoiler:
Till she goes all religious, fk that! :P

Replacements:

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Size: At least 9, and as big as possible.
Setup: It will be a standard closed mafia game with interesting rolename-related roles and lots of opportunities for gambits and tomfoolery. Players can request specific rolenames by PM. There's no guarantee you'll get it.
Bastardry: Some; nothing unfun.
Flavor: There will be major spoilers for the 2004-09 TV series.

Players:

Replacements:
-Adam

wam

Postby wam » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Setup: It will be a standard closed mafia game with interesting rolename-related roles and lots of opportunities for gambits and tomfoolery. Players can request specific rolenames by PM. There's no guarantee you'll get it.

Players:
1. wam

Replacements:
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

Aparently I can't post what you posted as that would get flagged as spam. Annoying as hell...

please add:

2. Tormod (2nd, does that make me number two?^^)

roband

Postby roband » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC

Go make more posts in the non-games section of the forum - get that post count over 5.

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14 pm UTC

If that will fix it, then I guess I gotta do that soonish :)

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 pm UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam

Replacements:
-Adam

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam
15. Lataro (Lets see it happen people!)

Replacements:
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Xenomortis

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 pm UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam
9. Xenomortis (maximum space usage)

Replacements:

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:06 am UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam
3. moody7277

Replacements:
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:58 pm UTC

WHY IS THIS NOT FULL ALREADY?

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam
3. moody7277

Replacements:
Come join us playing mafia signup here

roband

Postby roband » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

I'll join if necessary. But I'll be trying to avoid spoilers :P

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 pm UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam
3. moody7277
8. bluebambue (Xeno scores 0 in thumbtacks)

Replacements:
3.[/quote]

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:50 pm UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam
3. moody7277
4. mpolo

Replacements:
3.[/quote]
Image <-- Evil experiment

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 pm UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam
3. moody7277
4. mpolo
13.dimochka (give me something cool and complicated!)

Replacements:
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:36 am UTC

Battlestar Galactica PyP

Players:
1. wam
3. moody7277
4. mpolo
13.dimochka (give me something cool and complicated!)

Replacements:
3. cjquines (will only play iff player queue does not reach nine players before deadline)

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:37 am UTC

Newbie Game - Matrix6

Mod: Suzaku
Size: 9
Complexity: Low
Setup: Open
Barstardry: None
Speed: 5-day days, 2.5-day nights. Weekends count as half time, accommodations made for holidays etc.
Flavour: Maybe :)

Setup details can be found at this MafiaScum wiki page.

Note regarding signups:
This is a newbie* game, and as such newbies will be given slots preferentially if more than 9 players sign up.

Oldbies will be bumped from the bottom of the oldbie signup list if there are more than 9 signups, so feel free to sign up at the bottom if you don’t mind being bumped for a newbie.

Oldbie slots 1 and 2 will not be bumped under any circumstances, so signing up here guarantees you a slot. I would request that only players willing to answer questions and generally help newbies get a handle on Mafia sign up in these slots.

All roles will be assigned randomly by random.org, and no consideration will be given to newbie/oldbie status.

* Definition of newbie intentionally left vague; please use discretion.

Newbies:
Oldbies:

Replacements:
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Return to “Mafia”