Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby dimochka » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

They all gathered in a room wondering waiting thinking, why had sherlock holmes assembled this crowd of enemies friends and randomers. What could be the plan, all they knew was that there were “threats” amongst them. In true style he hadn’t been any more specific. For all they knew he was hidden among them or he was secretly watching them all.

Mods: wam and another
Size: up to 12.
Bastardry: Low
Setup: Closed but a list of possible roles will be given
Flavor: High (I apologise in advance for my bad writing)
Speed: Week long days, nights 3 days.
Activity: I will be strict on this, 3 days without posting gets you a warning, 2 more days and you will be modkilled or replaced with no regard to balance. If you get 3 warnings your modkilled or replaced.

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
2. UniqueScreenname (I hope it's as good as the last Sherlock game)
3. just_me (sherlock \o/ )
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht
6. dimochka (I would have no issue with co-moding instead of playing)

Replacements:
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:14 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Mod: Snark
Speed: 5 day Days. 2 day Nights. Weekends run the clock down half as quickly as normal days (ie Saturday+Sunday is considered 1 real life day). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced.
Size: 5-7. I'd prefer 12 so the setup can be more fun.
Bastardry: None
Setup: See this post for info. The main new mechanic is that at the start of the game every single player is holding a unique weapon and unique ammunition, but no one's ammo matches their weapon. At any point during the game, players may give/trade their weapon and/or ammo to another player. Once a player holds a matching weapon/ammo combo, they have a NK. Also of note is that PMs will be allowed between players at any time, so long as they're between only two players at a time (plus mafia chat). All possible alignments and roles will be fully disclosed (including sample role PMs) prior to the game starting.

Players:
1. Valius II
2. dimochka
(6.)
(7.)

Replacements:

Note: If you're deciding between this game or wam's Sherlock game, choose wam's game please. Don't want to steal sign-ups from him as his game sign-ups were posted first.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:21 am UTC

Sherlock Mafia

They all gathered in a room wondering waiting thinking, why had sherlock holmes assembled this crowd of enemies friends and randomers. What could be the plan, all they knew was that there were “threats” amongst them. In true style he hadn’t been any more specific. For all they knew he was hidden among them or he was secretly watching them all.

Activity: I will be strict on this, 3 days without posting gets you a warning, 2 more days and you will be modkilled or replaced with no regard to balance. If you get 3 warnings your modkilled or replaced.

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht
7.StubbsKVM

Replacements:
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

bouer

Postby bouer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:51 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht
7.StubbsKVM
8. Bouer

Replacements:

Thirdkoopa

Postby Thirdkoopa » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:43 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht
7.StubbsKVM
8. Thirdkoopa

Replacements:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:34 am UTC

Then and Now I
That's I as in one, not as in the pronoun

So many things were much simpler in the old days. Take names, for example. It used to be that if you knew someone's name, you knew their job; and if you knew their job, you knew their name. Families were simpler, too. This is the story of a quiet little village, where blood runs thicker than water, and both were in ample supply. It's a story that asks some of the fundamental questions, like "Who can you really trust?" and "Does history repeat itself?".

Mod: ConMan
Size: 13
Setup: Mostly closed, some info will be released during the game
Flavour: No flavour-knowledge needed
Speed: 5-day Days, 3-day Nights, Weekend = 1 day. Lack of activity will be severely punished.

Replacements:
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:14 am UTC

Then and Now I

So many things were much simpler in the old days. Take names, for example. It used to be that if you knew someone's name, you knew their job; and if you knew their job, you knew their name. Families were simpler, too. This is the story of a quiet little village, where blood runs thicker than water, and both were in ample supply. It's a story that asks some of the fundamental questions, like "Who can you really trust?" and "Does history repeat itself?".

Speed: 5-day Days, 3-day Nights, Weekend = 1 day. Lack of activity will be severely punished.

1. Madge

Replacements:
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:36 am UTC

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht

Replacements:

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:51 am UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Mod: Snark
Speed: 5 day Days. 2 day Nights. Weekends run the clock down half as quickly as normal days (ie Saturday+Sunday is considered 1 real life day). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced.
Size: 5-7. I'd prefer 12 so the setup can be more fun.
Bastardry: None
Setup: See this post for info. The main new mechanic is that at the start of the game every single player is holding a unique weapon and unique ammunition, but no one's ammo matches their weapon. At any point during the game, players may give/trade their weapon and/or ammo to another player. Once a player holds a matching weapon/ammo combo, they have a NK. Also of note is that PMs will be allowed between players at any time, so long as they're between only two players at a time (plus mafia chat). All possible alignments and roles will be fully disclosed (including sample role PMs) prior to the game starting.

Players:
1. Valius II
2. dimochka
3. StubbsKVM
(6.)
(7.)

Replacements:

Note: If you're deciding between this game or wam's Sherlock game, choose wam's game please. Don't want to steal sign-ups from him as his game sign-ups were posted first.
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:53 am UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht
7.StubbsKVM
8. Thirdkoopa
9. cjquines

Replacements:

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:32 pm UTC

Mafia Reloaded

Killed again. I don't suppose if I ran an ultra mini with only 1 player needed that I could get sign-ups for that? :wink:
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:59 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht
7.StubbsKVM
8. Thirdkoopa
9. cjquines
10. moody7277

Replacements:
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:52 am UTC

Snark wrote:Mafia Reloaded

Killed again. I don't suppose if I ran an ultra mini with only 1 player needed that I could get sign-ups for that? :wink:

I'm in!

Valius II
Location: You know, that place near the thing to the left of the whatsit.

Postby Valius II » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Valius II

Replacements:

serrapaladin

Postby serrapaladin » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:44 pm UTC

Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht
7.StubbsKVM
8. Thirdkoopa
9. cjquines
10. moody7277
11. serrapaladin (same username on mafiascum.net - here for a change of scenery)

Replacements:

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:11 pm UTC

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Valius II
4. Snark

Replacements:
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:51 am UTC

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Valius II
4. Snark
5. StubbsKVM

Replacements:

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:46 pm UTC

[quote="serrapaladin"]Sherlock Mafia

Signups:
1. Xenomortis
4. Valius II
5. Djehutynakht
7.StubbsKVM
8. Thirdkoopa
9. cjquines
10. moody7277
11. serrapaladin (same username on mafiascum.net - here for a change of scenery)
12. Angua (might be a bit late signing up? )

Replacements:
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

wam

Postby wam » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:45 pm UTC

Nope wrote it for 12!

Gamr is just about written. Will post the thread tomorrow and role pms should go iut tomorrow night.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 pm UTC

Computer Mafia

First it was Ruby, then Perl. Then COBOL. Then A, BASIC, Cecil, CAYENNE, Candle, C shell, C--, Click, Datalog, dBase, DCL, E, Fantom, FOCAL, FOIL, FOCUS, G, Harbour, Idris, IMP, Inform, Io, J++, K, Lagoona, Limnor, Lingo, Linoleum, LISA, Lisaac, M2001m MIVA Sript, Opa, Opal, Pico, Pict, Pike, Pipelines, Plus, Q, R, Reia, Revolution, Rust, Sed, Seed7, and more.. More and more languages were dropping every day. But it was not until FORTRAN got murdered that the major languages decided to take note...

Mod: Diemo
Size: Seven
Bastardry: None. But you can talk at night :)
Setup: Standard Vanilla. 5 Townies. One Master Mafia, One goon (Goon dies if MM is lynched). No other power roles. Possible voting restrictions based on your languages if I get around to it :). Feel free to request a favorite language.
Speed: standard. 5 days D1, 24 hour nights, weekends count for half time. I will be using bankable deadlines in order to encourage hammering. And you can talk at night :)
Start date:

Players:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

Computer Mafia

First it was Ruby, then Perl. Then COBOL. Then A, BASIC, Cecil, CAYENNE, Candle, C shell, C--, Click, Datalog, dBase, DCL, E, Fantom, FOCAL, FOIL, FOCUS, G, Harbour, Idris, IMP, Inform, Io, J++, K, Lagoona, Limnor, Lingo, Linoleum, LISA, Lisaac, M2001m MIVA Sript, Opa, Opal, Pico, Pict, Pike, Pipelines, Plus, Q, R, Reia, Revolution, Rust, Sed, Seed7, and more.. More and more languages were dropping every day. But it was not until FORTRAN got murdered that the major languages decided to take note...

Setup: Standard Vanilla. 5 Townies. One Master Mafia, One goon (Goon dies if MM is lynched). No other power roles. Possible voting restrictions based on your languages if I get around to it :).
Speed: standard. 5 days D1, 24 hour nights, weekends count for half time. I will be using bankable deadlines in order to encourage hammering. And you can talk at night :)
Start date:

Players:
1. Snark (What about Python?)

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

Computer Mafia

Setup: Standard Vanilla. 5 Townies. One Master Mafia, One goon (Goon dies if MM is lynched). No other power roles. Possible voting restrictions based on your languages if I get around to it :).
Start date:

Players:
2. Xenomortis (Now FORTRAN is dead, the future is bright.)

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:53 am UTC

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Valius II
4. Snark
5. StubbsKVM
6. Xenomortis (taking the risk)

Replacements:

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:24 pm UTC

Xenomortis wrote:
Computer Mafia

Start date:

Players:
3. wam (FORTRAN will never die as its the devil!)

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 am UTC

If this has between 7 and 12 sign-ups by Friday, I'll run it but I'll have to muck around with the set-up - and may or may not move some of the later sign-ups into replacements, depending on how I need to balance it.

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Valius II
4. Snark
5. StubbsKVM

Replacements:
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:48 pm UTC

If this has between 7 and 12 sign-ups by Friday, I'll run it but I'll have to muck around with the set-up - and may or may not move some of the later sign-ups into replacements, depending on how I need to balance it.

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Valius II
4. Snark
5. StubbsKVM

Replacements:
1. Diemo (I'll play if necessary to make up the numbers. I should point out that I have read that spoiler in the Gojoe thread you made, but don't think it matters as it made no sense (and I have never heard of Then and Now)
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:49 pm UTC

Computer Mafia

Setup: Standard Vanilla. 5 Townies. One Master Mafia, One goon (Goon dies if MM is lynched). No other power roles. Possible voting restrictions based on your languages if I get around to it :). Feel free to request a favorite language.
Start date:

Players:
--Douglas Adams

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Valius II
4. Snark
5. StubbsKVM
7. lynx (hopefully enough now)

Replacements:
1. Diemo (I'll play if necessary to make up the numbers. I should point out that I have read that spoiler in the Gojoe thread you made, but don't think it matters as it made no sense (and I have never heard of Then and Now)

Valius II
Location: You know, that place near the thing to the left of the whatsit.

Postby Valius II » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:37 pm UTC

Computer Mafia

Start date:

Players:
4. Valius II

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

Then and Now I

1. Madge
2. Djehutynakht
3. Valius II
4. Snark
5. StubbsKVM
7. lynx (hopefully enough now)
Sign-ups closed. Now trying to sort out the set-up and start the game.

Replacements (still open):
pollywog wrote:

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:52 am UTC

Computer Mafia

Start date:

Players:
4. Valius II
5.BigNose (In the beginning was ADA)
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 am UTC

Canceling Computer Mafia due to lack of interest. Been a week. Will probably run again in a month or so
--Douglas Adams

lynx

Postby lynx » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:39 am UTC

Wild West Mafia

Until recently, Xkcdia was a peaceful frontier town with very little more exciting than a saloon, a general store and a ruddy great gold mine. But bad things have started happening during the night, and when Sheriff Lynx was shot dead in his own office, the town resolved to do something about it.

Mods: lynx
Size: 7+
Complexity: Vanilla other than duels, explained in the link below.
Setup: Open, based on this set-up.
Speed: 5-day days, 2-day nights. Weekend counts as one day. May change later depending on size.

For those too lazy to open the link: the only non-vanilla mechanic here is a possible second lynch via a duel, which can be initiated once per day by any player.
The original set-up has only vanilla roles, but I may add PRs to balance depending on sign-ups (the finalised set-up will be announced at game start).

New Players:

Returning Players:

wam

Postby wam » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am UTC

Wild West Mafia

Until recently, Xkcdia was a peaceful frontier town with very little more exciting than a saloon, a general store and a ruddy great gold mine. But bad things have started happening during the night, and when Sheriff Lynx was shot dead in his own office, the town resolved to do something about it.

Speed: 5-day days, 2-day nights. Weekend counts as one day. May change later depending on size.

For those too lazy to open the link: the only non-vanilla mechanic here is a possible second lynch via a duel, which can be initiated once per day by any player.
The original set-up has only vanilla roles, but I may add PRs to balance depending on sign-ups (the finalised set-up will be announced at game start).

New Players:

Returning Players:
1. Wam ( cant play untill the second)
...[/quote]

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:49 pm UTC

Wild West Mafia

New Players:

Returning Players:
2. Misnomer (BANG!)
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:24 pm UTC

Wild West Mafia

New Players:

Returning Players:
2. Misnomer (BANG!)
3. Djehutynakht (Howdy)

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:03 am UTC

Lataro's PYP Bastard

Multiverse Version

Size: Small (7 or so preferred, if there is sufficient interest 10 would be the absolute hard cap.)
Setup: Open PYP
huh?: Yep, an Open PYP game. All role PMs will be made public in the first post. Keep this in mind when creating your role.
creating?: Yep, creating your role. Win condition, role name, flavor source, power. You create it all.
Aren't you the mod?: Yep, I still am. Things may be twerked as needed to make the game work, and if you try and be overly ridiculous in your role designs, it may backfire. Roles can be from anything you want it to be from. It must be from a clear flavor source, and it must fit that flavor source. Again, I'll have editorial powers as needed if I judge that it does not.

So, how this works. You sign up, then PM me the following filled out:
1. Role Name
2. Flavor Source
3. Powers
4. Win Condition
5. Justification

I will openly be posting the Role Name, Flavor Source, Powers, and Win Condition. I will NOT be posting the justification. When writing the first entries, make sure not to give yourself away from your writing style to other players. You have the freedom to know that your justification is safe. That is where you give me the categorical reasons for your role existing as you want it to exist.

Example:
1. Kanbabrif
2. FFT Community (Link)
3. Starry Frog: Invoke mystical powers to summon a frog of death, killing anyone it targets. Nagrarock: Inflict a multitude of status effects on target, chosen randomly.
4. End Existance
5. DUDE! He's Kanbabrif, he's beyond gods! (small essay expanding on the above)

There will be no replacements for this game. If you sign up, please commit to it.

DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:05 am UTC

Wild West Mafia

New Players:

Returning Players:
2. Misnomer (BANG!)
3. Djehutynakht (Howdy)
4. Lataro
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

just_me

Postby just_me » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:41 pm UTC

Lataro's PYP Bastard

Multiverse Version

Size: Small (7 or so preferred, if there is sufficient interest 10 would be the absolute hard cap.)
huh?: Yep, an Open PYP game. All role PMs will be made public in the first post. Keep this in mind when creating your role.
creating?: Yep, creating your role. Win condition, role name, flavor source, power. You create it all.
Aren't you the mod?: Yep, I still am. Things may be twerked as needed to make the game work, and if you try and be overly ridiculous in your role designs, it may backfire. Roles can be from anything you want it to be from. It must be from a clear flavor source, and it must fit that flavor source. Again, I'll have editorial powers as needed if I judge that it does not.

1. Role Name
2. Flavor Source
3. Powers
4. Win Condition
5. Justification

I will openly be posting the Role Name, Flavor Source, Powers, and Win Condition. I will NOT be posting the justification. When writing the first entries, make sure not to give yourself away from your writing style to other players. You have the freedom to know that your justification is safe. That is where you give me the categorical reasons for your role existing as you want it to exist.

Example:
1. Kanbabrif
2. FFT Community (Link)
3. Starry Frog: Invoke mystical powers to summon a frog of death, killing anyone it targets. Nagrarock: Inflict a multitude of status effects on target, chosen randomly.
4. End Existance

There will be no replacements for this game. If you sign up, please commit to it.

1. Just_me(this is gonna be awesome!)

Snark

Postby Snark » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:42 pm UTC

Lataro's PYP Bastard

Multiverse Version

1. Role Name
2. Flavor Source
3. Powers
4. Win Condition
5. Justification

Example:
1. Kanbabrif
2. FFT Community (Link)
4. End Existance

1. Just_me(this is gonna be awesome!)
7. Snark

Return to “Mafia”