The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sabrar

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrar » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:03 am UTC

Shakespeare PYP
Spoiler:
My brilliant plan of influencing the mod seems to have worked, got to try again for my first scum win. I'm Don John, pretending to be King Richard II. My partner is once again Carlington, hopefully we'll have more time to chat this game.
Emotion: furious
Post restriction: max 10 lines for each post (so no wall-of-texts :( )

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:17 pm UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
I'm Puck. This should be fun.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:25 pm UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
HAHAHA! I get to reprise my role as Titus Andronicus from last shakespeare mafia. Role from last time was a proper SK, where I had to be the last player standing, but this time I'm only a partial SK, combined with survivor. I can kill every other night, but I can still win if I only survive until the endgame, not if I'm the last man standing. Might get to cause some wine about who I was last time.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:17 pm UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
Djehutynakht's aside:

I am now suspecting Sabrar, based on three main points:

1. He seemed, in his first post about the subject, to be unfavorable to the idea of claiming our alternate roles. (I think it's possible that he put forth three villainous roles and thought it would look suspicious if he posted the two he didn't get, as they would establish a pattern.

2. Furthermore, upon each of us claiming, he said he was fascinated by the characters in Much Ado About Nothing. He said nothing about those being his actual choices.

3. He's using "the royal we" in his posts. I suspect it may be his restriction, and that his character is a King, or a royal of some sort. The only 'royal' In see in Much Ado About Nothing appears to be Don Pedro. Don John is another possibility that might be more villainous..

So I'm unsure. I'm going to have to watch Sabrar closely. He'd be my best guess as of yet. But I'm not sure I'm going to go forward with this info as of now. He is a good candidate for using my deflection power tonight.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:28 pm UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
I'm playing Brutus, and contrary to what heuristically_alone is trying to portray, I am town, almost. I win with town, but only if Hamlet is dead, due to my "jealousness". I get an optional double-vote power (i.e. I can choose to have my vote count double by PMing the mod). My theory, from the hints that heuristically_alone is saying is that he is Hamlet (he claimed that his first post was a clue, and given it was Hamlet's famous speech, I think it fair to jump to the conclusion). He also claims to have envy as his emotion, which happens to be the one I submitted. I'm guessing a little, but I reckon that he has the same win condition as me - kill Brutus, and win with town. It would kind of make sense that we have it in this way as well. I'm debating whether to outright claim that his statement clashes with information I have, or to wait. I'm thinking to wait until Day 2, then claim that I know Brutus to be town, pressing for a vote on heuristically_alone at that point. If necessary, I will point out the breadcrumb in my first post. By waiting, I can give the suggestion that my ability gave me that information on Night 1. Meanwhile, I've got to actually keep an eye out for scum! Oh, and hope that I don't get NKed or lynched today.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:34 am UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
So I got scared of the role-cop and decided to play it safe. Luckily I still get to pretend to be Don Pedro (the 3rd noble whose actor also appeared in Dollhouse) while remaining consistent with my actual role.
Unfortunately if Carlington doesn't post something substantial soon I may have to start bussing him a bit.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:52 am UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
So I was reviewing Shakespeare PYP I:

It turns out that in that game I didn't have a post restriction, but completely pretended to have a rhyming post-restriction just to screw with everyone.

And now in PYP II I actually have a rhyming restriction. How ironic.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:32 am UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
I bet a few people are surprised about that one! And assuming heuristically_alone was Hamlet as I suspect, that leaves me on town's side. Now I need to find scum. My hope is that we can find one tomorrow, as otherwise I think we're a bit stuck.

Also, I feel I should apologise to heuristically_alone by offering him the hand of friendship and then lynching him, especially if he neither turns out to be Hamlet or scum!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:58 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
I bet a few people are surprised about that one! And assuming heuristically_alone was Hamlet as I suspect, that leaves me on town's side. Now I need to find scum. My hope is that we can find one tomorrow, as otherwise I think we're a bit stuck.

Also, I feel I should apologise to heuristically_alone by offering him the hand of friendship and then lynching him, especially if he neither turns out to be Hamlet or scum!

For Jimbob once he is dead or game end
Spoiler:
Nicely played. I guess the reason I was voted out even though it was a tie was because you used your double vote power? I apparently chose wrong when hinting at my role and saying Brutus was my enemy, though I didn't have a special ability, just that I was envious of you. Should have waited but whatever haha. What's even worse, I just looked at my role, and I missed that you had to die before I win as well. If I had paid attention to that I would have assumed you were town and had same win restriction as me and would not have been so vocal. That's what I get
Last edited by heuristically_alone on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:03 am UTC

Shakespeare

Spoiler:
I am Hamlet. Power: "By playing the madman you are able to closely observe the actions of others. You may track one player each night to determine what other players he or she has visited". I was town, but I had envie towards Brutus. Ended up being a bad choice to give hints to my role too soon. I had hoped to make it obvious that I was town, but apparently Jimbob, Brutus, only won with town if I were dead.
Last edited by heuristically_alone on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:07 am UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
I am so utterly confused.

I'm alive! Yay!

But I sorta claimed. Damn.

Time to find a way to talk my way out of that.

I also have to make good use of my redirect power.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:12 am UTC

Shakespeare
Spoiler:
I hate vote-influencing powers that do not show up in the votals. It's unlikely that Djehutynakht has it though because of his desperate plea for extension. That is good news as I would like to push his lynch tomorrow and if he claimed to have double-vote for example that would clear him as town as such powers are extremely rarely given to scum, especially in a game this small. At least I'm not on the succeeding wagon, should alone turn out to be Town after all. Still, 2 scum plus a Lyncher would be a very strange setup but I have reason to believe based on the roles submitted that Brutus is indeed in the game.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:53 am UTC

Shakespeare
Spoiler:
Well, shit. I tried to kill SirGabriel tonight, I had the option of making it unblockable but didn't think I would need that. Clearly I was wrong.
If Dj claims PGO then I'm all good, if Carlington was shot by Vigilante then I was role-blocked and will lose.
Side-note: SirGabriel might be the Apothecary and lied about his rejected roles to hide his Doc ability (which is a very nice play, if so). But then he would be able to protect himself and that's unusual.
I'm eager to find out what happened as this is seriously frustrating. One upside is that this way the game will last longer and also nights can be quicker which is a bonus.

Edit: Damn. There goes that plan.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:03 am UTC

First off, my best Shakespearian rhyme so far:
A mafia's dead, so who killed the villain?
Be there here a vigilante chillin'?

And now the spoiler:

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
Here's a Djehutynakht tip: I monitor the timing of people's GoJoe posts in relation to in-game developments. I'm watching you Sabrar...

But seriously... what the hell is this whole redirector thing with Sabrar coming from? Is he lying? Did Mpolo just give it to multiple people?

If he's lying... chances are he's scum. But if he's scum, what the hell is Gabriel, and why didn't we have another death?

He could be another non-town, but.. another? That's leaving a bit too little room for town players.

Maybe somebody got doctored? Or there was just some sort of massive web of redirects and Mpolo is screwing with us.

Hm...

EDIT: I once considered doing the spoilers in rhyme too, because that's be epic. But too lazy.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:55 am UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
Scum doing last night is both a surprise to me and very helpful, given that I managed to get heuristically_alone lynched last night. I was concerned that we would be at 4 v 2 today (I'm assuming 2 scum, since I doubt there'd be three, and there is at least two from what the mod says), and therefore MYLO. I therefore had a cunning plan to claim some form of bullet-proof survivor Brutus, if we failed to lynch scum tonight, possibly before. Claiming survivor would likely ensure me surviving and direct the kill at my teammates. 2 v 2 would ensue, where all I'd have to do is find one of two scum and hope they buy the survivor and bullet-proof claims. That would lead to 1 v 1, with my vote power ensuring victory. It would backfire if I died N3 though and cost us the game, or if I failed to identify scum D3 (or my town-buddy voted me for some reason).
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:52 am UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
Thoughts about the setup (heavily relying once again on guessing the mod's intentions right):

- Known abilities for remaining Town: Redirector, Bulletproof
- Required abilities to make sense of the game so far: Cop, some kind of vote-influencing, Vigilante (unless DJ is PGO as well which is very unlikely)
- And that's five, so theoretically there shouldn't be any room for anything else, meaning my unblockable kill must be able to overcome SirGabriel's invulnerability (never thought of this scenario as usually unblockable kill works only against Doc/Roleblocker).
- Funnily enough I never checked alone's ability before claiming but I'm glad we're free of the Tracker. Watcher is unlikely based on the above and also as we don't have Ninja-like abilities we would be very vulnerable to them. This means that I can claim almost anything in the upcoming days without fear of contradiction.
- Redirector is another ability I didn't see coming (obviously). Still it maybe creates enough confusion to hide. Problem is if they figure out that 2 Redirectors could cause huge problems for the mod if they target the same person or each other.
- Vigilante is probably freezeblade (likely Brutus as it would be in character) as others have already claimed. If he's one-shot I think he would have waited with his kill as he despises D1 and likes to collect more data before acting. If he can do it every night then I will have to kill him next otherwise he gets another shot to guess right.
- Either Echo or jimbob will be the cop, have to kill the right person tomorrow. Probably Echo as jimbob likely has double-vote of some kind (hopefully cleared up today). Or maybe I could claim to have redirected their investigation to someone else. Risky, but potentially life-saving.
- Main problem is I can't really support No Lynch (which would be the logical move) as there are too many dangerous abilities out there. I probably need to push for SirGabriel's lynch today as then it will make it easier to argue that DJ can't be Redirector.

Edit: mod replied to my inquiries, I'm able to kill SirGabriel with my ability (good), however despite the framing ability there is not necessarily a Cop (bad). We'll see...

Edit2: I speculated in the nightly chat that while SirGabriel would be the best target to kill (to avoid doc-save), he might be Ariel and could get powers beyond the grave. While the second part is obviously wrong it's likely I guessed right with the role. Yay me. :(
So I was wrong about that. Doesn't really matter though, have to lynch SirGabriel and prevent Vigilante to shoot as it can be redirected (likely towards me).

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:33 pm UTC

Ooft.

Spoiler:
So...what happened to me? What happened at all?
I've read the spoilers in here to try and puzzle it out, but nothing doing. As far as I can tell...Sabrar tried to kill SirG, but either Sabrar was blocked or SirG is bulletproof. SirG tried to NK someone, but Dj redirected him onto me. That makes SirG probably a bulletproof town vig, since two SK's seems like a stretch, even if freezeblade is only partly SK. That makes sense, I suppose, since it's balanced by Sabrar having the one-shot Strongman power. The other option, of course, is that SirG or Echo is a role blocker who targeted Sabrar.
freezeblade must only have a kill on even nights, which makes today potentially very important and tonight potentially very interesting.

I have full faith in Sabrar's ability to pull this off, but he might have his work cut out for him. The easier route would be if SirG is bulletproof - then Sabrar just needs to figure out that that's where his Strongman shot needs to go. Otherwise he'll have to outguess the roleblocker.

Edit: Looks like SirG is Bulletproof Town Vig, which leaves Echo to be...cop? I guess? VT is unlikely, in any case, and I doubt another indie.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:34 pm UTC

Oh EBWOP that's a Shakespeare spoiler.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:29 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:Ooft. (Shakespeare Mafia)

Spoiler:
So...what happened to me? What happened at all?
I've read the spoilers in here to try and puzzle it out, but nothing doing. As far as I can tell...Sabrar tried to kill SirG, but either Sabrar was blocked or SirG is bulletproof. SirG tried to NK someone, but Dj redirected him onto me. That makes SirG probably a bulletproof town vig, since two SK's seems like a stretch, even if freezeblade is only partly SK. That makes sense, I suppose, since it's balanced by Sabrar having the one-shot Strongman power. The other option, of course, is that SirG or Echo is a role blocker who targeted Sabrar.
freezeblade must only have a kill on even nights, which makes today potentially very important and tonight potentially very interesting.

I have full faith in Sabrar's ability to pull this off, but he might have his work cut out for him. The easier route would be if SirG is bulletproof - then Sabrar just needs to figure out that that's where his Strongman shot needs to go. Otherwise he'll have to outguess the roleblocker.

Edit: Looks like SirG is Bulletproof Town Vig, which leaves Echo to be...cop? I guess? VT is unlikely, in any case, and I doubt another indie.

Spoiler:
Freezeblade is a semi-serial killer (survivor with a kill every other day) who decided to kill you. Sir G is bulletproof unless he gets hit twice by the same person or if both kills hit him the same night. Or if no one tries to kill him for 3 nights, his bulletproof wears off forever…

Echo is a cop who is embarrassed to give her results.
Image <-- Evil experiment

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:31 pm UTC

Shakespeare
Spoiler:
This is game is so entertaining while being dead! It is fun when players post their thoughts and another posts their thoughts. An awesome ability for someone to have in the game is the ability to read spoilers in this thread, but forbidden to let others know that. Carlington, I can't believe my RVS vote for you at the beginning was right! I should have known the name that was easy to rhyme would end up being mafia
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:54 pm UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
Yeah, it's probably over. Had bad luck N1 and completely misread the situation D2, going for the wrong gambit. I can probably get them to lynch DJ today but then I'm next. freezeblade is probably an odd-night vig, still have to shoot him tonight unless he seems convinced that I'm Town. That means Echo will investigate me (probably investigated Carlington yesterday, or could be an even-night cop?) and I will have to claim to have redirected her at SirGabriel for some amazing reason that gets jimbob to trust me. Best case scenario as it stands now:
- I point out all of the mistakes DJ made in attacking me and we lynch him.
- I kill freezeblade, Echo investigates me and gets scum as result, jimbob has vote-related powers (probably tie-breaker that supercedes voting order), freezeblade can't kill, SirGabriel doesn't have active powers so that's it for the night
- I claim to have redirected Echo to SirGabriel first thing in the morning (before she claims anything)
- if jimbob is convinced then we get to lynch SirGabriel with his tie-breaker, I kill jimbob during the night and win

This whole plan also depends on jimbob and Echo not revealing their powers today, otherwise my false-claim tomorrow will be transparent as hell.

@bessie, if you're reading this: now I know how it feels to get correctly attacked but for the wrong reasons. :lol:

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:42 pm UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
Sabrar's scum. I can feel it by his posts here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 02, 2016 4:23 pm UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
Dammit, Echo is too good, almost everything she just said is true. And I still have to kill freezeblade tonight (assuming of course I'm not lynched), as he also might have lied about not being a full vigilante and I cannot risk leaving him alive.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 03, 2016 8:53 am UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
1. I'm actually frustrated about my inability to get absolutely clear logical thoughts across. I know Echo doesn't do this on purpose, what's even worse is she's totally right about me. Still I should be able to point out my mistakes and at least make her reconsider.
2. OOTH I now have a legitimate reason why I would redirect her to SirGabriel N2, even though it will result in clearing her. It all comes down to jimbob after that if he truly has double-vote.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue May 03, 2016 10:59 pm UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
If I'm right about Sabrar, he should fear my ability to scum hunt him! Pretty sure this would be a 100% record on detecting Sabrar as scum across multiple games (admittedly, unchecked, and probably wrong!)
BlitzGirl the Primordial

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 04, 2016 4:21 am UTC

Shakespeare:

Spoiler:
That last part in my defense is absolutely true, I always like to believe that everyone thinks logically and then I do massive facepalms at their mistakes (and mines as well).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed May 04, 2016 7:37 am UTC

Shakespeare:
Spoiler:
I think I would be similarly frustrated were I Town in exactly the same position but obviously I'm biased here. My gripes are real though, I will be lynched at least in some part because people don't read/understand/participate.
With deadline being apparently postponed, this is no longer the case as Echo and jimbob make completely valid arguments. I should have stuck to Richard II as my false-claim. Completely misread the potential setup. Oh well, better luck next time.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu May 05, 2016 7:00 am UTC

I have an idea for an open setup mafia game I'd like to try out. Let me know if it seems like something people would be interested or not. Also let me know if you think the setup is balanced.

Cops vs Robbers (8 player game)
Spoiler:
Town has 6 cops. All of their role PMs will read:

You are a Normal Cop
 You may visit one person every night.
 You will receive a report with that person's alignment (innocent or guilty).
 You appear as Normal Cop to yourself and upon death.
 You win when all mafia have been eliminated.

There are in fact 6 different kinds of cops, and you nor any participants in the game will be told what cop you really are even if killed.

6 types of Cops:

Normal Cop
 Receives a report with that person's alignment
 Reports will be real.

Confused Cop
 Reports will be random

Insane Cop
 Innocent reports will appear guilty, guilty reports will appear innocent

Paranoid Cop
 All reports will be appear as guilty

Naïve Cop
 All reports will appear as innocent

Lazy Cop
 Receives a report on the day after (if investigates N1, receives the report morning of D2)
 Reports will be real

There will be 2 mafia. They have voodoo powers.

Voodoo Mafia PM
 You and X are Voodoo mafia. Each night, except the first night, mafia team will decide one player to kill
 Choose one person and one 4+ letter word every night
 The next day, if that person says the word, he/she will die

N1 there are no kills. I could make them normal mafia, but giving them voodoo powers seemed more fun. A possibility could be that voodoo mafia do not get night kills. Also, how could I add more roles so more players could participate in a game? I don't really want any Vanilla Townies. Perhaps doubling any cop roles or adding another PR and mafia? Possibly making the set-up semi open, just extra roles are unknown. Though I'd want a co mod to help out just to help make sure the game is balanced.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 05, 2016 7:31 am UTC

So this is basically Dethy but with more people? I love logic-based games so would be very interested to play in any variation. I have no idea about balance but Lazy Cop doesn't feel right. The whole purpose is that Cops should not be able to tell immediately which version they are and this goes against that idea. I'll try to think of possible alternatives if there's sufficient interest in the game.

Also is the Voodoo ability in addition to the standard Mafia kill? It seems like a bad idea as
a) either it's easy to get around by deliberately misspelling words while leaving them intelligible (which also becomes very tedious very quickly),
b) or if such shenanigans are not allowed then it becomes a guaranteed second kill (e.g. choose vote, think, kill, scum, town, anything really).

Dethy is an established format, if you make a new variation of it with more people you're definitely not going to get the balance exactly right the first time around. Just have standard Mafia Goons with no ability for the first game and learn from the experience. All IMHO of course.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Thu May 05, 2016 7:53 am UTC

So it looks like someone has done a multiple cop arrangement before. Not surprised. I was also a little impartial about lazy cop, but I kind of like the idea of one cop knowing that on the following day he will for sure have a positive result, so that's who mafia of course would want to get killed/lynched before d2, so the lazy cop would probably need to fake claim an investigation to hide his role (similar to mafia).

As for voodoo, probably add rule where they can't choose word vote or unvote, just because they are used for the action. It would be kind of fun seeing the town jump around/ do weird things with words to ensure they don't get abruptly killed, though with a small slip, it could happen. I figured it would be rare for the voodoo ability to actually work. It would make the game a lot simpler with just normal mafia. Maybe add a 9th player that's a voodoo burglar on his own team. Maybe even adding a PR where they can protect one player from voodoo spell. I appreciate the feedback!
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri May 06, 2016 2:23 am UTC

I thxink the voxodoo poxwer is a terxrible idxea becxause you will juxst haxve peoxple doxing stuxff lixke thxis to get arxound it, whxich is suxper tedixous for the playxers and complxetely scrxews scxum ovxer. Plxus it is haxrd to rexad, evexn whexn i'm tryxing to delixberately chooxse natxural poxints to brexak the worxds, whxich i wouxldn't do bexause i wouxld be scarxed of scxum predxicting my futxure woxrd escxapers.

A dethy is fun though! I love dethys and would be glad to play in one, though I'm not super sure what scum's best dethy strategy is, having never been scum for a dethy. I do think it's very heavily town-sided though.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri May 06, 2016 4:41 am UTC

I agree with Made. I mean, you could definitely apply a "spirit not letter" interpretation of the rules, where if someone does something that's obviously meant to cheat the rules, then the rules are applied anyway (for example, if the word was "that" and Madge typed "thxat" then it would be treated as if Madge had typed "that") - but then you have to decide what's wilfully flouting the rules and what's not, and players will find other dodges so you'll have to keep altering things and it won't be fun.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri May 06, 2016 5:31 am UTC

Even so, however you balance it, you will at the end of the day have people discouraged from posting, or you'll have a thing where at the end of D1 you tell the scummiest person on D1 to post a list of common 4-letter-words D2 - you put the top, say, thousand most common english words in the list (spoiler would be required not to kill the page) and thus give you a HECK OF A LOT of words you can use assuming your target is either scum or someone scum wants to let live, and if they aren't, well, hopefully they post the list and die and act like a second lynch of sorts.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri May 06, 2016 6:30 am UTC

For comparison, "Standard" Dethy has 5 players: Mafia, Sane Cop, Insane Cop, Paranoid Cop, Naive Cop. The game starts on N0, where there is an investigation, but no kill. There have been a couple of experiements on this forum with larger setups that could be considered. Standard Dethy favors town, assuming they analyze the information and don't just wildly vote people off.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri May 06, 2016 7:56 am UTC

Hm... This discussion just got me to google the "Mafia" Wikipedia page. Very interesting. Some suggestions in there I've never thought of...

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Fri May 06, 2016 10:24 am UTC

Id play a dethy if someone wants to host
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Fri May 06, 2016 7:30 pm UTC

As far as voodoo goes: I think that scum could instead have some phrase (of their choice) that kills the player (that they chose the night before) when they say it (or some predetermined time after, to avoid it being too obvious).

"Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet."

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Fri May 06, 2016 9:16 pm UTC

Not a bad idea emlightened. I'd like to give mafia some ability or chance at an extra kill to equal the field a little, since Dethy does seem to lean towards giving a good town team the advantage. Adding the confused cop to the normal dethy setup I think takes away from the town advantage, since it makes it that much more difficult to read your cop reports/allignments.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat May 07, 2016 9:01 am UTC

Potential additions to a larger Dethy game:
- Jester (investigates as scum for a Sane Cop)
- Parity Cop (receives first result randomly, after that receives same result as previous night if the last two investigations targeted players with the same alignment, otherwise receives opposite result)
- Copycat Cop (receives the same result as the Cop he investigates, random result if targeting scum)

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue May 10, 2016 5:58 am UTC

Baker Street Dethy
Spoiler:
I'm a Cop, though it means a lot less in this game as it hopefully will come down to logical conclusions only.

Return to “Mafia”