The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Minestrone » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
This is interesting. I'm a Serial Killer. I like how it's handled in such a large game too. Obviously it'd be hard to me to survive until the very end, but instead of giving me a bunch of extra powers to help me out with that, I just have a second, much easier win condition of killing a particular character (Stu, because I'm his ex). I'm glad so many people are giving hints about their characters already because it will help me track Stu down. It's also nice to not be on a scumteam because I can scumhunt without it feeling empty but still get to kill people at night.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sungura » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:10 am UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
So I tend to believe RR on this one. And it is also not out of the question exactly what I said that I am fine with Nebu chatting with him. Nebu LOVES being scum iirc, and he loves fucking with the town when he is scum. I forsee this request at the chat-ee being juuuuuust meta enough to pass, while also using it to fuck over the town. IGMEOY Nebu. I am hoping that my post will allow me to survive the night - I am town and scum hate me, so if my inklings of keeping my eye on him are right, well, hopefully I bought myself some time. I used to just FOS every one I thought was scum because I was usually right (duh!) but that lead to my inevitable quick demise in every game after, and then eventually scum WIFOMing everyone by /not/ killing me. So either way I died by end of D2. There being four years between my plays, hoping some of that meta will have subsided...and I hope I hedged my bets right, and bought myself the first night.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
quintopia
Posts: 2906
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:53 am UTC
Location: atlanta, ga

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby quintopia » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:06 am UTC

Solitary Lycanthrope
Spoiler:
It just occurred to me that I could have claimed Revealer and then refused to reveal my target while insisting it was not Minestrone or Vytron. Then I would have showed doubt while keeping my options open to finger whoever Madge had targeted. After Madge revealed, I could have said bessie was a Werewolf and so there was definitely an Alpha Wolf in the game. Hell, I could have revealed that much before revealing the target. In retrospect, it looks like optimal play, so I wish I had thought of it back when the moment was ripe.

User avatar
Nebuduck
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:45 pm UTC
Location: Old Blighty

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Nebuduck » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:13 am UTC

Hangafia:

Spoiler:
So, I've been thinking about what I might tell RR if I'm chosen for daychat. I think it might go something like this...


So, I did particularly want to chat with you. And I am going to make a role-claim to you - it seems unlikely to do me any harm, unless you have a specific role - I'm 'Black Doug', who as best I can understand is an easily confused drug dealer. Apparently I've pissed off a 'Marshall' character, who is the leader of (the|a) mob, and he wants to execute me - so my win-criteria is getting Marshall lynched before his mob NK's me. So, I'm not 100% town aligned, but since Marshall is scum, I'd say our aims are fairly intertwined at the moment.

I also obviously don't want to role-claim publicly, or he'll know who I am and I'll be NK'd by his mob the next night. So I'm hoping you're not him (it seems fairly unlikely - as I said on the thread, I strongly suspect you're not scum).

I also have a big bag of drugs, and I'm not sure what any of them are - so I just choose a target, and Dr Ug rolls a die and decides what I do to them, and tells me the result (he doesn't necessarily tell me what I did). This is a night action, but I got to use it on N0 (I think because the first film starts after some drug confusion) - I chose SPACKlick, and Dr Ug's response was 'Anti-town'. So make of that what you will. I can't do anything about it without revealing that I'm Black Doug.


Hint: always role claim using your actual role. Just make it non-scummy

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:31 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
I'm glad some people noticed the order thing. So far two players have noticed, Nebuduck and SPACKlick (I know SPACKlick has from chat he has with someone). They have no idea what it really means though. Let's just say all is not as it seems... :twisted:
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:36 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
There's a part of me that wishes I was scum. I wonder what Dr Ug and his balance calculations makes of my unconventional play..?

I'm concerned the room spinning bit might have been a role switch: swapping my power with a mafia kill, for instance? If that's the case, it's in scum's interest not to have me target scum, but I'm almost certain there's multiple scumgroups. Only one will know of the switch: they'll likely fall into the "we support anyone except <target from their group>".

In fact, I should post this in game. BRB.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby kalira » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:50 pm UTC

Hangafia:

Spoiler:
Well it's a really good thing (I guess) that I remembered that there was one person in the original list (cycoden) whose signup "flavor" was left in the original list, or I would never have noticed there was a change. So what the hell does the wacked out list mean? ElectricHaze, Madge, and RR are the only ones in the same position on both lists. Is that just coincidence/happenstance? or does it mean something? Suppose it's possible there might be a "toss everybody not in your faction's list order up in the air," but does that make sense? Is order in the player list related to night action order? Was it related to faction? "Doug" was not next to me on the original list, nor is he now...
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:53 pm UTC

Hangafia:

Spoiler:
I am so confused right now, though I guess since I'm just the Wedding Singer I probably have no idea what mechanics are involved in the game. :?

I might test my power to see if something screwy happens to my message, or if it goes through like I write it. My flavour, thinking back on it definitely had clues that I might be a little crazy.

edit: message sent, here it is in its entirety in case anything happens to it once it reaches the thread:

weiyaoli wrote:Message for D1:

Hello? Hello? How does this thing work again... Oh right, it's already on.

'fess up, who drove the bulldozer into the lobby? What even happened last night? Damn it, I knew starting a new job working in this hotel was the wrong career choice; should have stayed in the wedding singing business. More money, they said, less travelling, they said - pa! And I'm the only employee at the moment! I knew they would leave me to clean any messes up.

Ouch. Okay, I definitely shouldn't have drunk so much last night, and this blasted PA system doesn't help my headache.

Right. Stay calm everyone, and I'll hopefully have more to say tomorrow.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby RoadieRich » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:33 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
Please don't let this turn into somnambulist mafia, please don't let this turn into somnambulist mafia, please don't let this turn into somnambulist mafia
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=64467
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
frogman
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 am UTC
Location: Corvallis, OR

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby frogman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:32 pm UTC

Hangafia:

Spoiler:
One thing that I remember from my previous attempts at playing Mafia (and one of the reasons that I quit) is that my posts, for some reason, tend to strike everyone as incredibly scummy. It's very frustrating to try to contribute to the discussion with (what I see as) a legitimate point and to be quickly singled out as a target for everyone's suspicions. This is just the way I write, I guess, but it still is a major downer.

I just needed to get this off my chest and didn't want to get all complain-y in the game thread.
yeah yeah yeah

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Adacore » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:52 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
Games this seems like it might be more confusing than: !Inception

I guess it's probably not as complex and bastardy as I imagine it could be, though.

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Minestrone » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:28 am UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
Madge wrote:I personally suggest minestrone, good reliable player who does good reads.

:D I'm not going to acknowledge this in thread because I have no interest in either drawing attention to myself or being RR's target, but I'm flattered.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Van » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:40 am UTC

The Hangafia
Spoiler:
Dr Ug posts right as I am accusing him of intentionally ignoring flavor stuff, and it doesn't occur to me to edit my post. Brilliant!

I feel like this is a nice D1. I feel pretty good about SPACKlick, but I'm trying not to be too agreeable to provide some safety from NKs. The oldtimers, though! No one matches the meta I remember! Is that suspicious or is everyone just 4 years older and busier and rusty at Mafia? Am I just overly suspicious? Blagh. Wish I had a NK or something.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sungura » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:59 am UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
Seriously, attack frogman? Ugh get a life, that is the lamest reasoning ever, and I'm quite sure he is town right now, or at least not mafia, so at least helpful for now, hopefully. Plus, froggie is one of those players who just always seems a bit scummy, but it makes them good town because they tend to stick around. But sheesh. As much as I love Nebu if I could get him voted out right now I would, because the more I think about it and the more he posts, uhm, yeah, he be scum. But me leading an attack on him Day 1 would simply get me killed. Why? he's playing the line of meta close enough to pass, but yet he's actually /not/ being as crazy as normal, so he has something to hide.

Also I can't fucking remember anyone's pronouns so totally using their and them way more than I used to.

Also I think I have another scum fingered but I'm not sure yet so I won't say :P

If people would like I could try posting at the end of the day my thoughts on who the bad guys are, because I used to be super good at that, curious if I still "have it" ;)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Adacore » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:23 am UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
I wondered if after a three year break, Amy would've lost her touch a bit. Nope.

I was thinking the other day, with the discussion of mod nepotism, about which players would be selected for a 'perfect' scum team. But I don't think it matters, because perfect town would have Amy and Mavketl, so scum would be screwed either way.

User avatar
Nebuduck
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:45 pm UTC
Location: Old Blighty

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Nebuduck » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:13 pm UTC

Hangafia:

Spoiler:
So I've given up on chatting to RR, but I want to make sure that whoever does chat doesn't have a chance to do what I wanted to do.

ANYWAY, my theory with regards to the list re-ordering - it's pretty simple. I posted in here about the proximity of myself and the other mafia members in the list, Dr Ug read my spoilered post, and has now been randomising the list to cover up his mistake. That seems like the simplest explanation to me... so, unless any new evidence comes out, I'll be ignoring future list iterations, and my theory on the initial order remains.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby kalira » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:57 pm UTC

Hangafia:

Stahp posting so many spoilerssssss... You're severely testing a girl's willpower here, people! ;_;
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby SPACKlick » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:08 pm UTC

Hangafia: Sorry Kalira

Spoiler:
I'm intrigued by this list order business. I think there's something to the early lists that's not in the later lists. They're presenting a weird statistical challenge. Very happy for something additional to analyse.

Also, I'm sure I've seen another weird wording on page 1 for a possible breadrcumb or loosely dodged scumslip. On going back to look. No idea, can't find it. Will need to run some sort of search tonight based on First of Sentence, Last of Sentence, After punctuation, before punctuation

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby kalira » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:24 pm UTC

^ I lol'd :)
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
frogman
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 am UTC
Location: Corvallis, OR

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby frogman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:50 pm UTC

Hangafia: Everyone but Kalira can view

Spoiler:
Hehehehe
yeah yeah yeah

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:50 pm UTC

Hangafia:

Spoiler:
I feel people are overthinking it a lot, which might tell me about how complex their roles are - mine certainly was as simple as being allowed to PA once a day. I pretty much crumbed every bit of useful information I got in my role PM in that flavour text already, so I don't really see how much more useful things I can do with it.

I guess I probably should have included I could only do it once a day. Something to include tomorrow I guess.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:07 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
Seriously Amy, I feel off about a post and say so with a reasoning, and you attack a cop...


For Kalira Only:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vytron » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:20 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
(I have so many things to say, but I'll wait till I replace)

This here to tease kalira, sorry.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sungura » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:27 pm UTC

hangafia

Spoiler:
You're welcome, _infina_, let's try and keep you alive, shall we? I can tell in the thread you are being defensive, I remember you always getting defensive, but you know, good reason, everyone is always overly defensive if I say even half of a thing against ya, because I'm me, and that's my meta. Hopefully me attacking you attacking frog (who is also town I am pretty sure, or at least town-aligned) means that BOTH of you are safe - for now. GO TEAM GO!

...I swear I'm trying to play this smarter than simply letting it all out from day one. How am I doing? I guess night will see.

The fuck part is of course I am a miller, so hopefully I don't get copped, or I'm probably fucked. Hopefully I'm leaving enough crumbits to back myself out of that situation, and if it *does* arise, hopefully I can just at least survive *this* night so by next I can just FOS every anti town I can see, and maybe still lead town to victory.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Madge » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 am UTC

Hangafia

Spoiler:
I haven't even read the thread yet today, I just want to taunt kalira
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Van » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:01 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
I have this horrible feeling that I've done something stupid by claiming that daychat thing. It's all true, by the way, at least as far as I know.

Interested/scared to see how it turns out.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sungura » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:13 am UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
If wasn't sure before, I am now. Dropping breadcrumbs and trying to not get killed at the same time.

I believe BOTH Nebuduck and Carlington are mafia. Nebu does that shit when he tries to distance himself All. The. Time. He not only just confirmed himself, but also Carlington. Now in order to figure out how to convince the town of this. And funny...original list they were next to each other. I wonder if the mod fucked up and forgot to scramble the list after assigning roles in order, hence the random scrambling that seems to have no effect. I would hilariously laugh if that was the case. I can't wait to see more about Az and Cycoden :D
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby RoadieRich » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:34 am UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
VectorZero wrote:From what I know of Nebuduck, your conclusion does not follow from your premise.
VectorZero wrote:
Amy wrote:I don't think it's "bad that we haven't been scum hunting" and in fact I think all the discussion we've had and various accusations and suspicions could well be a big help, if not now, then later in the game. As long as people are talking, we can scum-hunt. That's kinda how this game works.

This is the most correct thing that has been posted so far, including Dr Ug stating the game has started.


From what I know of Amy, that means she's almost certainly scum.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sungura » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:53 am UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
decided RR is being too fucking slow. Ya,all suck. BOOM BABY! I don't care if I get killed anymore. Just sick of the whineypants.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sungura » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:55 am UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
maybe people wanting o play with me will protect me anyway. That'd be cool. Here's is to hoping there is another doctor.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
ThinkSweet
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby ThinkSweet » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:48 pm UTC

Hangafia:

Spoiler:
Well. Bold move Amy! I'd guessed the same thing because my Mason buddies were grouped with me in the list but I didn't want to say anything yet to protect us. I guess Amy's reasoning is that the scum know they were grouped together also and so can use that to their advantage more than town can if they don't know. I wonder if Amy's in her own group too?

EDIT: Decided to play boldly too since the cat's out of the bag, and hopefully enough people back me up before the scum start a retributive bandwagon on me...
</rant>

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:38 am UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
I find it very amusing, that basically the only two day powers (one a jack of all trade that the dice chose communicator, and a communicator, both chose Nebuduck as their target (inadvertantly), where the claimed communicator (who isn't) almost did the same! He's definitely drawing some attention. Given how open people have been about communication, let's see how Thinksweet and Nebuduck respond this time.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sungura » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:24 pm UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
I'm getting the feeling this is a bastard game.
Fuck. You.

I'd have never signed on to play then. Frankly I don't care if I go down, I hope I die. Because fuck this shit. I hate bastard games. I need to find some time, go through, make my huge post outing all the bad guys, and then just lay back and die. Which at this point, quite happy to do.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:32 am UTC

Hangafia

Spoiler:
I mentioned my role to my Cynical Mafia Boyfriend(tm) and he for some reason spent Saturday watching Hangover 2 and 3 and told me that the premise of the movie is that they're trying to work out what happened while they were drunk the night before (Dude, Where's My Car? style) and that the Silent Monk is a monk they kidnapped from a monastery who took a vow of silence and partied with them the previous night; so he remembers everything that happened the previous night, but because of his vow of silence, he's completely unhelpful because he can't communicate with them.

So it looks like I'm a "good" character - I'm not a bad guy. This is a relief because it means I can roleclaim.

It kills me to point out that scum probably have daychat since we DON'T, but it's what Town!Madge would think, so there we go. And hell, maybe a rival faction DOES. Who knows.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby _infina_ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:16 pm UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
well, my partner can no longer use our joint cop...this will be fun.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Van » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:52 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
Haha, is it "announce van is probably town" day or something? $10 says I don't make it through the night.

I'm continuing to hope this isn't a bastard game. It is kind of looking at it but maybe people are lying? I don't really mind BM, it's just ... pesky to have it show up out of nowhere.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vytron » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:08 am UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
I don't like my position, because it's one of those that are too good to be true:

I'm scumbuddy with Madge (last game I was scum and was able to pick a partner in crime; I chose Madge)

I'm scumbuddy with Freezeblade (we've both been successfully as scum before, and he plays similarly to me - with our experience we can get ready to bus each other without needing to communicate)

I'm Godfather (we don't need to try to guess who is the cop, I need to look tasty to be targeted and possibly cleared)

Basically, there's all the pressure to win because the doors are open.

I'd rather have had Nebuduck's role, then if I failed it would have been because it was hard win condition, here if we fail we'd have to resort to "there were just too many players!" or something.

And... huh, wink wink nudge nudge dr ug made a scum team made from new players yay, or something.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby freezeblade » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:29 pm UTC

hangafia
Spoiler:
Ok, so now the room spinning has made me a member of another scum team as well. So not only is this game #7 that I'm scum, in a row, but I'm double scum. Fucking wierd.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Vytron » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:51 pm UTC

Hangafia:
Spoiler:
Wish granted, I guess? XD

So now I'm town. A town player that knows at least two anti-town players o_O

I'm not sure how that works, I guess I have to wait till there are just 7 players remaining and suddenly claim that I know Madge and FB are mafiosi, or something!

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Sungura » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:24 pm UTC

Hangafia
Spoiler:
i don't do bastard games. Replace me soon. I want to read the spoilers and see how right I am. Hope I haven't lost my touch. I just posted a BLARGH TELL ALL in the thread so go read for funsies. Comment back so I can read when I can read them :)))
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomFrog, freezeblade, jimbobmacdoodle and 15 guests