Unlikely Superheroes (Endgame)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 1)

Postby BoomFrog » Sun May 12, 2019 3:34 am UTC

I think I was genuinely happy that you'd come around... :( Those moves make a lot more sense in that context though and were the main things I found scummy.

Vicarin wrote:Ok, those dimochka reads can be summed up as basically no changes, not liking them that much.

Join me on domichka then?

Vote domichka
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun May 12, 2019 3:37 am UTC

bessie wrote:http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4452317#p4452317
BoomFrog wrote:Someone has to get mislynched D1
Not true. Why assume D1 will be a mislynch?

This was party of my planned gambit, but indeed Vicarin took the wind out of my sails. My original plan before he was posted was to "try" and get myself lynched. But even without his interference I think it was ill convinced. I'm definitely off my groove.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 12, 2019 5:41 am UTC

@bessie:
Spoiler:
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:wam: is capable of gambiting, however claiming a different type of Miller (aka 'no result') feels too much.
That’s not what wam claimed. Already pointed out by me here when I acknowledged my earlier misunderstanding of wam’s claim.
It's exactly what wam claimed ('sort of Miller' where the Cop doesn't get a town nor scum result). Unless he's claiming indie there is no difference in his claim and my wording of it.

bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Consequently BoomFrog's reasoning is clearly false, he's not the type to just resign themselves to a mislynch D1.
Interesting choice of words, that lynching BoomFrog would be a mislynch.
That statement referred to a town!BF scenario (as in town!BF is not the sort of player to resign themselves to a mislynch). I'm perplexed that you don't see this.

bessie wrote:Have you considered that perhaps the townie powers only appear weak, but are all actually just very specific, and are useful if you are clever enough to deduce how the power is intended to be used?
Combustion Man is quite easy to figure out. Otherwise, no I haven't. If you're talking about figuring things out in isolation then Crossover was a good example on how mod's intentions are hardly apparent to players, making this a bad idea. If we're talking about mass claims and combining powers then I think it would be mainly scum who would benefit.

bessie wrote:Sabrar assumes lesser abilities, this is an assumption that someone that has only seen one role pm shouldn’t be in a position to make.
I can't speak for the others who had the same idea but I have my own role-pm, the example the mod provided, the general flavor of the game and some hints from other players as well. Yes, it's an assumption. I tend to do those...

SuicideJunkie wrote:I wasn't paying attention to the details of the moves, probably should have, but I don't think I'd get anything out of it anyways.
If you're speculating about anything you need to first get your facts straight. See below:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Having a game with no scum would be pretty bastard, but it could work if Town had to decide to vote NL to end the slaughter of survivors.
If there are no scum then town's win-con (as written in our role pm-s) is achieved at the beginning of the game and a secret win-con like that would be against the mod's rules.

PW's compilation is next to useless. As someone who did math on read-lists before I'm curious to see what he gets out of it.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun May 12, 2019 7:49 am UTC

@BF: Sorry to disappoint with regards to the gambits, but how about you join me on SJ? Still prefer him over dimochka.

On that note however, I'm verrry interested in dimochka not actually voting for SJ, especially after a promised vote several days ago that never materialized. Could you vote for your 2nd scummiest read right now if you're that super paranoid then?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun May 12, 2019 7:53 am UTC

@Sabrar: taking the example role PM in the OP should have clearly been a bad idea seeing as you participated in Darkest Dungeon also run by LaserGuy. That had 2 sample PMs of vanilla players, and yet everyone was powered in some way (some quite strongly).

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 12, 2019 8:54 am UTC

It never occurred to me to look back at Darkest Dungeon because it was a non-standard format.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun May 12, 2019 9:04 am UTC

Ok, how about Secret Santa 2017? Don't tell me that never occured to you either.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 12, 2019 9:11 am UTC

Secret Santa has player-submitted roles, not mod-created ones. Do you see the difference?

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 am UTC

And yet, the sample role PMs are vanilla. So why assume that the actual roles in this game are anything like the sample roles when we've got 2 clear counterexamples from previous LaserGuy games?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 am UTC

So you don't see it. Let me explain it to you then in detail.
1. Because I haven't looked at either game I didn't see the 'clear counterexamples'. Actually let me save you some time spent on looking at all games LaserGuy previously modded. I haven't looked at those either for comparing sample role pm-s. See the next point why.
2. In retrospect even if I had seen those it wouldn't have any impact on my assumption. They were Vanilla roles and those are mainly given out not as an indication to the power level but as a way to let scum know any formatting issues or wording so that content of the townie role-pm is not a deciding factor when scum-hunting. In this game LaserGuy actually put out a sample role which is in line with the flavor of the game and therefore a much better indicator.
3. Secret Santa would be a terrible example anyway. It has player-submitted roles therefore whatever the mod puts in as 'sample' role-pm should have no effect on actual roles in the game.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun May 12, 2019 10:18 am UTC

Well, 2 is still not correct. Darkest Dungeon's samples were partially useful as an indicator of the power level because they gave the 'normal' level of messaging allowed, which allowed me and SirGabriel to realise that we were much, much worse at communicating compared to most other people and make us able to plan around that. So I know that they can be useful for that in general, and have done so.

I'm mostly confused as to why you'd think a completely novel situation for you (non-vanilla sample PM) suddenly means that the mod is giving information to people smart enough to think about it as opposed to them just making a joke or similar.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 12, 2019 10:54 am UTC

And I'm confused why you're continue to insist that this would be a 'novel' situation when the previous examples don't apply...

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:Sabrar, want to get into another hilariously pointless argument? :twisted:
On second thought this looks like Vicarin's renewed attempt to simulate his townie play.
Still, I prefer to lynch SJ, if he's scum that would probably absolve Vicarin.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun May 12, 2019 4:18 pm UTC

Unvote

That's to remove my random vote on SuicideJunkie. I will replace it later today with an actual serious vote on him or somebody else after reading everyone.

As promised, it's time to explain what was going on with my vote and my comments in the first post about obvious scum being obvious. At the time of posting, I had no indication of SuicideJunkie being scum. The vote was intended as a standard random vote, but sometimes my random votes are on targeted individuals. In this case, it was one of the less experienced players who had already contributed. My hope with that and the comment was to apply pressure to him, and see how SJ reacted. Usually, nobody reacts at all to my joke votes, so stage 2 never comes into play and I unvote once serious votes start appearing. In this case, however, SJ responded, and I realised that I could run with it and try to push him further, so I left the vote on. Additionally, I was curious to see who would react to me never removing my random vote. As for the results of this, SJ's reaction is certainly interesting, and I'll go into it below in my read. Beyond that, I'm not sure I've got to the point where I'll necessarily derive huge conclusions. For example, relatively few people directly commented on my lack of removing my supposedly random vote, but I don't think I feel comfortable trying to read anybody off of that. That's about all my reasoning. Feel free to ask questions about it.

Reads time, starting with SuicideJunkie:
Spoiler:
Talks about his "background". Talks about how past results shouldn't indicate future performance, and unlikeliness of being a bad guy all the time. Town in exactly half games, no reason to vote him unless I'm scum. Suggests he's not the only person with a negative power. Thinks everybody probably has roles with downsides. Role downsides on lots of people could affect setup spec. Trying to figure out if he's supposed to die early, or if he just has to work around each person's negative traits. Doesn't think it was right to claim Miller-lite, if no result generated. Probably shouldn't get distracted by the discussion.

Responds to comments: to me: I was the only one he had any reason to vote for. To dimochka: doesn't know where middle ground is in posting levels. To Sabrar, says needed to drop a vote, and my RVS on a confirmed townie was good enough. To bessie: dice hate him.

Anybody who says he isn't acting differently this game is clearly lying. Unvotes saying RV stage is over. Weird comments about Miller/Godfather on wrong team. Reads list: BoomFrog, leaning town re. weak roles. wam: Town (no actual reasoning given). Moody: maybe an underdog? Thinks powers might be tied to his chess moves. PW: honest and decent. bessie: okay, but not as townie as expected? Me: notes my RV pay off with no actual alignment conclusion. Dimochka: notes unique opinions, no alignment stated. Freezeblade: exists. Vicarin: seems sketchy for poking an easy target. Gives LG a read... Votes Vicarin. Thinks he'll be mislynched.

Doesn't know what I saw, but thinks I was happy with others reactions. Indicates that his mislynch likelihood is due to his role. Says it is obvious how his content is different. SJ being mislynched early would be less stressful for him, but increase likelihood of losing. Worried that people rating him highly are scum, trying to take credit for his flip. Weird comment about "Ms Lynch".

More weird comments about somebody having to have his role: "this time it was me". Seems to have resigned himself to being lynched, due to features of his role.
SuicideJunkie wrote:I suppose if I'm precommitted to be lynched on some day, then I could be free to help while focusing town powers on more useful targets
Why are you only able to help if you are pre-committed to being lynched?

I have a theory about SuicideJunkie's role, at least the negative aspects he's talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with who targets him, and that this somehow affects the vote count required to get him lynched. However, I'm not sure that this really is alignment indicative itself. The alternative is that he's a Jester and has a slightly weird way of playing it, but I don't think that's the case. Some of his phrasing hints that he might be an independent, and is already resigned to losing due to his negative power. In particular, his above quoted comment, but I could be easily mistaken.

As others have noted, a lot of what SuicideJunkie has said has been very weird. His reads list is sparse in detail (his opinions on me, dimochka and freezeblade are non-existant). He has given a read of LaserGuy for some reason, which I'm assuming is intended as a joke. He maybe seemed a little touchy around being voted for during RVS, and yet is aware enough of RVS to understand that it was likely purely random. I'm not sure I feel that this is alignment indicative of him necessarily. I know I can get touchy about being voted for regardless of my alignment, although never during RVS. I do find it weird that he said he HAD to vote for somebody in RVS, yet didn't do so in his first post. This strikes me slightly as post-hoc justification for his vote on me, which I find somewhat scummy. That being said, one or two of the other things he's said strike me as coming from a townie, or at least non-scum mindset. In particular, I don't think he'd have this resigned tone as scum. Also, I don't feel like he'd as scum make the comment about people rating him highly being scum.

Conclusion: There are many weird things there, but I actually have a mildly townie lean on him, with strong possible hints of indie. Not sure where he'll end up on the town-scum list yet though, and I want to read other people's cases on him to try to figure out whether I've missed anything.

Other reads will follow a bit later.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun May 12, 2019 5:35 pm UTC

Vicarin:
Spoiler:
8-3/8-2-1/7-2-2 likely setups, but hard to tell. Short night means scum likely have daychat. Votes BoomFrog asking for a gambit. Likes the BF self-vote. 7-2-1-1 next most likely, but has balance issues. Suggests he wanted to see BoomFrog's reaction. Would start with 8-3 and adjusting powers to balance game. wam sounds like compulsive commuter, not miller. Freezeblade hasn't said anything. Wants to know why bessie dismisses Miller so much. Asks Sabrar for his setup spec. Doesn't know why he's so scummy in BF's list. Vote on BoomFrog was RV, and unvotes. Discusses balancing issues of multiple killing factions. Votes SJ for not providing enough useful content. Posts an ordered list with SJ and dimochka lowest, moody, bessie, me highest. Thinks most people putting out scummy content. Thinks BF is driving content in useful directions. Surprised he's assuming all PRs are terrible. Asks for more clarity from bessie and moody. Notes dimochka list ordering doesn't match descriptions. SJ needs reads. Asks BF about lynchability of himself. Further explains dimochka and freezeblade reads at my request. Wants SJ to commit to an ordering of reads, and notes sensitivity to votes. Comments on bessie lover setup spec. Thinks whoever has SJ's suggestion that his role means likelihood of lynching is ridiculous. Asks wam about "keeping head down" observation of him. Responds to BF re. SJ read/how to read him. Comments on number of people who have him towards the bottom of their list, but not actually voted for him. Confirms he tried to sabotage BF's gambit. Asks wam about BF challenge to vote Vicarin. Updated reads list, with moody, me top. Moody - solid reads; me - pointed questions; bessie - prodding people; wam - early claim, not said anything weird; Sabrar - more reserved than usual; dimochka - missing reads; BF - likely scum buddy of SJ; freezeblade - hard lurking; PW - hard lurking, unhelpful non-reads; SJ - previously explained. Doesn't like dimochka reads. Defends comments re. gambit-destroying. Poking Sabrar helped him notice the lack of aggression from him. Asks BF to join him on SJ. Interested by lack of vote from dimochka on SJ. Gets into a discussion with Sabrar re. sample role PMs and power levels.
I'm not feeling convinced by Vicarin either way. I kind of agree with what someone else said re. him changing his apparent motivation over the gambit comment, because that certainly isn't how I read it either originally or later (i.e. I read it as him wanting a gambit from BoomFrog, not trying to stop one). This is further backed up by his comment that his vote on BoomFrog was actually random, suggesting he didn't really mean what he said with his motivation for the vote. That being said, I'm not sure I can see a scum motivation in such a change in opinion, so I think it's all a bit null. The only other major thing that stood out to me was his SuicideJunkie read which feels a bit light actually, despite being his vote, especially because he's starting to base suspicions/lines of enquiry on the assumption that he is scum. Slightly suspicious overall.

@Vicarin, could you summarise why you think SJ's weird statements imply he is scum, assuming that they do indicate that.

wam:
Spoiler:
Votes Sabrar for wrong logic. Claims sort of miller and that players won't get town or scum result on him. Agrees with 8-3, and notes desire of mod for 11th player. Explains reason for early Miller claim. Agrees has been claimed by scum in the past. Asks bessie to explain no miller belief. Feels like BoomFrog worried about his appearance this game. Doesn't have any town reads. Has theory about bessie's setup spec. BoomFrog response to his suspicion odd, but not necessarily AI. Comments on bessie's active lurking suggestion, and explains his theory re. bessie setup. Unvotes RV. Doesn't understand BF concern over sorting by author. Provides grouped list with me, Sabrar, Moody in Town; Boom, Vic scum. Promises case for BF, Vic is hunch about keeping head down. Votes BF. Wants to scum read Sabrar for town reading him! Comments on SJ remark re. scum placement of lynch candidates in list. Backs down from Sabrar town read comment. Provides initial more detailed reads. Bessie neutral, wants to know why her confirmation observations different. Doesn't like BF comment re. contributing more than Sabrar, as BF's content was mostly setup spec, and appears to be trying to make himself look better. Getting Vic/BF buddy vibe. Asks BF to join him in voting Vicarin. dimochka scummy - notes neutral conclusion on BF, but very critical comments; reads are wishy-washy. Agrees with indie read due to setup spec, but doesn't agree with own spec. Not scum with BF. FB - neutral, setup spec only content fits with meta.
wam feels okay to me. I'm not seeing anything concerning there. I like his thinking on BoomFrog, prior to my own read at least. It at least sounds reasonably thought out. I'm not quite sure how his challenge to BF to vote Vicarin works given that he hadn't even read Vicarin independently in detail as far as I can see, and also noted BF being willing to bus. Still, reasonably townie overall.

@wam - please complete your detailed reads. In particular, I'd like to see your comments on SuicideJunkie and Vicarin.

Getting some supper, and then off to a choir rehearsal, so I'll try to continue later this evening. No promises though.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun May 12, 2019 5:39 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:That's basically what it is. It's not a weird themed game, it's not a game I would do (where it's a complete mess of characters), so it's just a standard game.
Your explanation makes sense and I probably should have deduced that’s what you meant. And your “complete mess of characters” are some of my favorite games.

Vicarin wrote:bessie: been prodding a bunch of people to discuss points the entire game. Her attachment to that bizarrely specific setup spec is... weird, but ok. Also thought she'd have put out at least a preliminary reads list by now.
There’s nothing bizarre about my revised setup spec, it is a reasonable guess based on the information I have. And yes, I haven’t compiled all my reads into a single list. I have commented on almost every post, and I think that with this post all my thoughts are out there, I don’t think I’ve held anything back. I’ll try to pull everything into a single list if I have time.

@Sabrar, I’m putting off my reply to this post until D2.

Vicarin wrote:On that note however, I'm verrry interested in dimochka not actually voting for SJ, especially after a promised vote several days ago that never materialized. Could you vote for your 2nd scummiest read right now if you're that super paranoid then?
dimochka explained the underline vote. Possible voting shenanagins. Why is it so important to you that dimochka puts down a vote for Suicide Junkie or BoomFrog right now? Hmmm.

Votals at the time of dimochka’s underline vote:
Spoiler:
Peaceful Whale (1): moody
SuicideJunkie (3): jimbobmacdoodle, Vicarin, Sabrar
Vicarin (3): SuicideJunkie, wam, BoomFrog

Not voting: bessie, dimochka, freezeblade, Peaceful Whale

Sabrar wrote:
Vicarin wrote:Sabrar, want to get into another hilariously pointless argument? :twisted:
On second thought this looks like Vicarin's renewed attempt to simulate his townie play.
I agree with this observation.

However, I also think that the sample role pm should just be considered a sample for formatting purposes, and so that all players have access to the town win con. I don’t see it as a sample of what to expect for town power levels.

Vicarin, interesting that you aren’t curious about why we weren’t given a sample mafia role pm and win con.

jimbobmacdoodle, booooo, you don’t get to join the players who are magic club... yet.

Ninja'd by jimbob.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun May 12, 2019 8:25 pm UTC

Current votals:

SuicideJunkie (2): Vicarin, Sabrar
Vicarin (2): SuicideJunkie, wam
dimochka (1): BoomFrog

Not voting: bessie, dimochka, freezeblade, Peaceful Whale, jimbob

Deadline in 20 hours

wam

Postby wam » Sun May 12, 2019 9:12 pm UTC

Let's see if I can do a few more before seeing avengers!!

That plan went out the window here is what I have now.

Jimbob - town

I like the thought processes in this post

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=40#p4452855

Feels like coming from a town perspective.

Only negative I can see is a bit sj focused.

Ninjad (well there was 5 hours between start and end of this post)

Explains the sj focus and I think the approach is townie.

Moody - town

I havent bothered with the chess stuff as my chess abilities can best be described as average and that's in a good day.

For a early reads list this comes across townie.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=40#p4452911

As someone else pointed out the pw comment here is weird
moody7277 wrote:
PeacefulWhale, the compare and contrast on people's T->S lists is nice. I look forward to your thrilling conclusion.

6. ..O-O

But that's the only thing iv seen so town but worth a look if pw flips scum at some point.

Peaceful whale - leaning town

This post is weird but feels town weird to me.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=80#p4452512

This post despite the formatting seems to be towny to me. Feels like a stream of consciousness rather than over thinking it which I would expect from scum pw.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=80#p4453715

Peaceful Whale wrote:Ill try hard to finish it tomorrow! good night guys!

Cough cough

I am going with a town lean!

Sabrar - town

Scum what more is there to say! Only joking.

This is good logic and I think comes from a towny perspective.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=80#p4452389

Sabrar wrote:Is it bad that I have a town-read on Peaceful Whale right now? That like never happens.

I have the same feeling now.

Prodding for content is good town behaviour but scum sabrar is more than capable of this.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=80#p4452665

This comes across as towny as scum sabrar would be more worried

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=80#p4452809

Reads list here feels reasonable.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=80#p4453522

Going with a town read.

suicide junkie - scum

I have no idea how to read him but here goes anyway.

There are some troubling things in this reads list.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=120#p4453214

1. Calls a pw scum slip then ignores it completely
2. Jimbob random vote paying off only works if sj is scum.
3. Most of the reads aren't reads.

The whole I'm going to be mislynched thing sounds weird to me.

I'm wondering about if a survivor requiring less votes than normal tone lynched is possible. Best fit I have for the playstule but doesn't fit with my setup spec.

If you are a survivor sj claim now.

Scum or indy for the read.

Vicarin - scum

Boomfrgo gambit has been analysed by others than me but I agree.

This post comes across as trying to push content to look good. At this point all vic had done himself was setup spec really.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=120#p4452723

Spoiler:
Vicarin wrote:Let's see...

Town
moody7277
bessie
jimbobmacdoodle
BoomFrog
wam
Sabrar
Peaceful Whale
Freezeblade
dimochka
SuicideJunkie
Scum

Think quite a lot of people are being rather scummy atm , I only really like what my top 3 are putting out. Maybe BoomFrog as well.

Sooo BoomFrog why am I so damn scummy? Enquiring minds want to know!

Lots of people scummy? That was not the read I had. Comes across as someone keeping their options open.
Vicarin wrote:@wam: what in particular of my behaviour strikes you as me keeping my head down?

It's hard to pin down but feels a lot less confrontational than normal.

Vicarin wrote:
@wam: why is it a challenge for BoomFrog to join you in voting for me? What would he have to lose?

A team mate?

Probably conformation bias effecting me but his read on boom here comes across as dammnjng but he puts 2 lurkers below.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=120#p4453798

Scum

So that's the reads. Summary below

Town
Jimbob
Sabrar
Moody
Pw
Bessie
Freeze
Dimochka
Sj
Vicarin
Boom

I'm happy with a lynch of any of the bottome 3.

Going to go back and see if there are questions i missed
Come join us playing mafia signup here

wam

Postby wam » Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
So here's a challenge boom join me

vote vicarin
This is really triggering my sense of perversity. But since I've got no traction on domichka.

Vote Vicarin

With the caveat that I'm switching to SJ if he doesn't have a really good claim.

Interesting you have switched but not to sj.

I'm going to do a sabrar and claim the scum team day 1.

Sj
Boom
Vic

Watch me be horribly wrong.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun May 12, 2019 9:45 pm UTC

freezeblade has been prodded.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun May 12, 2019 9:47 pm UTC

bessie wrote:jimbobmacdoodle, booooo, you don’t get to join the players who are magic club... yet.
Well, my role guesses based on limited info are usually pretty magic, so let's see! I'll be annoyed with myself if I talked myself out of voting scum!SuicideJunkie now though...

bessie:
Spoiler:
Joke FoS on Sabrar over wam vote/Madge comments. PW's confirmation post is acceptable. FoS moody for vote (again assumed joke). Points out that some people have runs of scum games, and FoSses SJ. Other jokes in opening post. Serious about confirmation post analysis. Doing conf-post analysis to avoid being scum read. Sabrar might be trying to provoke her? Rolefishing from SuicideJunkie. Goes into detail with setup spec, including comments about 8-3 being the likely balance, daychat. Thinks mafia team are all full mafia, but one might be lovers with a townie. Thinks this might be why the game is going slow, since they have a smaller lynch pool. Miller doesn't fit her setup spec, FoS wam. Explains miller claim timing to PW, but points out scum can fake claim it. Asks mod about role random assignments in reaction to SJ post about being designed to die early. Vicarin content feels forced. Thinks miller/godfather would swing balance too much to mafia. Thinks Mafia might be holding back a bit and seeing if wagons form. FoSses me over not following her reasoning re. miller. Doesn't care about her image. Finds it interesting that SJ forgot about discussion regarding being assigned roles. Prods wam for an explanation of his desire to wait for bessie responses. Interesting nobody commented on her first paragraph re. lovers etc.

Asks moody about his read of her being typical causing her to be read as town. Notes SJ saying that we shouldn't get distracted by miller claim, whilst solely talking about it. Considers chat with posting limits. 7/2/1/1 might have been setup guess with different mod. Noted that she wasn't the only one who brought up wam not being quite miller, and notes how dimochka brings it up against her. Asks Vicarin why he thinks her setup spec wasn't serious. States Vicarin is wrong re. wam being compulsive commuter. Discusses dice rolling with SJ. Gives wam allowance for light content due to absence. Unreliable gut really likes 8-3. Comments on a couple of remarks by me, especially my mind reading comment. Thinks she's onto something with her setup spec, due to the resistance she's receiving. Notes that she might know more than the average townie. Revised spec bit noting the weak town powers speculated by people. Discusses with Sabrar over setup balance, and miller over miller liability. Notes an SJ convenient quote snip.

Surprised by dimochka not thinking about what different mods would do, and not falling back onto standardish setup. Thinks Ms Lynch is an attempt at a breadcrumb. Not concerned by her image. Having trouble reading BoomFrog for lower than usual content, and Vicarin gambit remark blowing opportunity to read him. Says that wam didn't claim a different type of Miller (no result) as described by Sabrar. Advises SJ to post lots of observations as townie facing the noose (more helpful than claiming). Points out that SJ would have to be moderately scummy even if he requires two less votes to be lynched. Tries to explain to wam re. confirmation post differences. PW's lists are just an attempt to take up space on page, not a fan. Summarises PW's list of opinions, as being wishy-washy, and demands an ordered list.

SJ bad logic re. future performance versus past results. Thinks Vicarin should have known better than asking BoomFrog to do something interesting. Notes BF assuming D1 is a mislynch. Vicarin's reasoning for no multi-single-person factions is poor. Notes Sabrar's choice of words about lynching BoomFrog being a mislynch. Thinks townie powers will be paired with a negative aspect. Suggests townie powers are not weak, just specific. Believes Vicarin makes errors as scum, and notes an example. freezeblade lurking is extreme. Notes Sabrar, BoomFrog, wam assuming lesser abilities. Gut is that one of Sabrar/Vic/BF is scum!PW buddy. Notes Vicarin and me agreeing with her re. observations over PRs being terrible. Asks SJ if his vote on me was serious and why he felt the need to have a vote down. Notes her list is settling in similarly to BF's easy lynch list. Responds to my request for thoughts on my SJ vote. Can read BF with or without help of gambit. Puts SJ, PW, Vicarin as bottom of list, me and moody top. Understands dimochka's explanation re. mod thinking. Doesn't think she's held everything back, but hasn't compiled a single list. Notes Vicarin's desire for dimochka to put down a vote for SJ or BF. Doesn't see the sample role PM as indicative of power levels. Notes Vicarin not being interested in lack of sample mafia role PM.
Although I had some gripes with some of what bessie said earlier, my re-read hasn't led me to the same general feeling. Indeed, I'm actually getting quite a positive vibe from her and am finding myself figuratively nodding my head at what she's saying. I think what I found frustrating before was just a case of misunderstanding on one or both our parts. As always, she's highly diligent in making sure she's talking about everybody. A slight concern is that her ordered list doesn't necessarily line up with the feeling I get from reading her comments about specific people (I'm thinking 2nd-towniest moody here, but there may be others). Currently leaning town though.

@bessie, can I just confirm (or otherwise) that all the FoSses in your first post were jokes? Or were we meant to take some of them seriously (I see your second post is a follow-up on moody)?
What do you think about the current wagons? Do you think mafia are pushing them, or waiting still?

dimochka:
Spoiler:
Doesn't feel like doing RVS. Letting bessie do her thing about confirmation posts. Asks Vicarin about why not 7-2-1-1. Curious about possible Sabrar posting restriction. Thinks Moody might do. Will add more thoughts after others have posted, later explained due to lack of content up to that point. Not indie. Read "many unusual roles" as "many indies". Stands by it being possible, but less likely given 8-3 specs. SK and survivor indies. Jester possible, but doesn't think we have one. 2 killing roles could possibly be imbalanced, but solvable.

bessie 8-3 reasoning weak. Doesn't know why miller being brought up due to claim being different. Neutral leaning town. Disagrees BF added lots of value, and asks him to explain positioning of Sabrar or bessie, puts him at neutral. Needs more from freezeblade, neutral leaning scum. Me strong points, but doesn't like that he likes so much of my content, town for now. moody good thoughts on reads, generally ok, leaning town. PW not getting newbie points, and lack of trying frustrating, leaning scum. Sabrar - agrees with his views but puts him at townier end of neutral because probably tricking him. SJ neutral. Vicarin spec generic, unhelpful, but later content better, so neutral leading town. wam claim more indicative of town than scum. PW/Freezeblade bottom, me/bessie top. Promises vote in next post. Should think about what different mods would do. Responds to bessie re. bringing up not-miller claim. Didn't want to push BF to reveal full reasoning yet. Thinks his list is not different from that of others, and gave reasoning for it all. Finds BF vote remaining suspicious. Asks freezeblade more about setup. Responds to my concern about him not liking liking my content, as doesn't see himself as aligned with others D1 so much. Didn't think SJ's overreaction as scummy. Other content more questionable from SJ. Acknowledges posting less as scum. Doesn't understand why his setup thoughts are attracting so much attention. Still thinks we have indies. More people are turning scummy. Never goes to read other games to figure out how they might have set things up.

Revises T-S list, but mostly unchanged. Thinks wam not as townie as bessie (but still townie). PW seems like unhelpful town. Vic nit-picking at things rather than answering fully. Doesn't feel like BoomFrog is being typical. Underline votes SJ as stubborn/unhelpful indie at best, but also willing to switch to BF.
dimochka comes across as being reasonable to me. Nothing stands out to me too much either way, aside from the points in the questions below re. being inconsistent about me and Sabrar and his SuicideJunkie slip. I don't think either point is necessarily a big deal though, at least at this point, but I don't want to see his answers. I suppose some minor scum points are due for not following up on things when promising to do so (see his lack of vote for example). I don't find myself disagreeing with too much of what he says at all yet, except for his jump on SuicideJunkie (see my previous read of SJ). Conclusion: slightly townie, but could slide downwards dependent on satisfactory responses to questions.

@dimochka - you said that you were concerned about how much you agree with me, but put me townie, and you also said a similar thing about Sabrar and how you thought he might be tricking you, and put him middle of the pack. What's the difference?
Also, why has SuicideJunkie's position gone from Neutral to scummiest so quickly?

Time to go to bed. I've spent too long on the reads today, but will get to BoomFrog, freezeblade, moody, Peaceful Whale and Sabrar tomorrow hopefully. Of the others so far:

Town
wam
bessie
dimochka
SuicideJunkie
Vicarin
Scum

Ninja'ed by wam.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:27 pm UTC

Okay, so everybody thinks I was overoptimistic in my interpretation of PW's latest post. It looks worse since he hasn't finished that post. Being gigged for that by people who are reading him as town is chuckle worthy.

List is for D1 purposes:
Not Votable
bessie
Sabrar
wam
jimbob
BoomFrog

Unsure
Vicarin
freezeblade

Votable
dimochka
Peaceful Whale
SuicideJunkie

@fb- Could you please have defied the RNG god and be town this game?

7. O-O
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Sun May 12, 2019 11:47 pm UTC

Kind of had to drop that argument seeing as I can't parse Sabrar's last statement in a way that makes sense for his argument...

@jimbob: I thought I'd explained before, but he made weird statements about his role in SS2018 on D1 and when being asked to claim, including suggesting that the distribution of roles was nonrandom. Then he did that again this game, but harder. His fatalism over being lynched early strikes me as newbie scum not knowing how to deflect suspicion for a 2nd game in a row, as I think town!SJ would have at least tried doing some reads without having to be repeatedly prompted in the same way as last game. The dragging of feet this game similarly to last game doesn't strike me as newbie town.

@bessie: it's more I'd like to see him vote for anyone really. You too, actually. I can have my own setup ideas you know.

With regards to no sample mafia PM, that's a really good point... Ok, given LaserGuy's track record of sample PMs, that would suggest 8-3 could easily be wrong. Hmmmm... Do you still stand by your setup spec then?

@wam: that doesn't really answer my question as now I have to ask what makes you think I'm less confrontational compared to normal.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon May 13, 2019 12:32 am UTC

Deadline always seems to come at a bad time for me. I will 100% certain not be on at deadline (10am PDT). Maybe possibly I can do a quick check at 5:30am PDT (same timezone as LaserGuy) but I’m kinda shit at mornings so don’t give me anything important to analyze. If you want a response from me post before 11pm my time (6 hours from the time of this post).

wam, I don’t like your Sabrar read.
wam wrote:Prodding for content is good town behaviour but scum sabrar is more than capable of this.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=80#p4452665

This comes across as towny as scum sabrar would be more worried

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=126517&sk=a&start=80#p4452809
I don’t agree with either of these. I don’t think scum Sabrar is more capable of prodding than town Sabrar, and I don’t think scum Sabrar would be visibly more worried about being scum read by BoomFrog than town Sabrar. I can’t decide if your Sabrar read is forced, or if I just have my own unique view of Sabrar that no one else sees. :?

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
bessie wrote:jimbobmacdoodle, booooo, you don’t get to join the players who are magic club... yet.
Well, my role guesses based on limited info are usually pretty magic, so let's see! I'll be annoyed with myself if I talked myself out of voting scum!SuicideJunkie now though...
To be recognized as One Who Possesses the Magic Gift, you need to be able to pull a completely accurate read of the game and of the players out of thin air with no apparent way to do so, and membership is pretty exclusive, I only have three names on my list. I talk about one of them here [another is in this game]. I think you will someday be there though. :)

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@bessie, can I just confirm (or otherwise) that all the FoSses in your first post were jokes? Or were we meant to take some of them seriously (I see your second post is a follow-up on moody)?
There is an element of seriousness in all of them, but there a bit of sarcasm mixed in the early ones. Ok, let’s see...

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4452327#p4452327
Sabrar – This is as close to obvi-joking as I get (this should be a given, its about Madge).
moody – Semi-serious, because moody gave a reason that could be taken as mocking something I would say.
SuicideJunkie – That one is totally completely real.

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4452338#p4452338
moody – Real because I missed the joke as pointed out by Sabrar here.

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4452612#p4452612
wam – Real, because I like my setup spec and traditional miller didn’t fit, so his claim was suspicious.
All miller claimants – Real.

http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=4452909#p4452909
jimbobmacdoodle – Real, I think you should have also see 8-3 with a miller as too scum sided. I thought you and wam jumped on the miller part without really thinking about why I said it (the 8-3).

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:What do you think about the current wagons? Do you think mafia are pushing them, or waiting still?
I think mafia is watching, not leading.

@moody, I’m hopeful that Peaceful Whale will post some good game content tonight, but I’m not too optimistic. It's getting late.

Vicarin wrote:@bessie: it's more I'd like to see him vote for anyone really. You too, actually
I straight out called SuicideJunkie non-town in this post. He ignored it and quote snipped me in this post, which I pointed out in this post, and he hasn’t posted since. Suicide Junkie is currently my top vote pick, but I guess under the cold hard female dog exterior, I have soft puppy ears, and I’m trying to give him a chance, or even some advice and help if I can, but he needs to post for that to happen. The same I would do for any newbie, and that has caused many problems for me in the past (see Peaceful Whale, Mark Cangila, etc).

Vicarin wrote:With regards to no sample mafia PM, that's a really good point... Ok, given LaserGuy's track record of sample PMs, that would suggest 8-3 could easily be wrong. Hmmmm... Do you still stand by your setup spec then?
Yes, I’m standing by my setup spec and I believe it to be a reasonable guess for the information I have. I will not further elaborate on why or present any other role speculation until D2.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Mon May 13, 2019 3:23 am UTC

bessie wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Hey! Past results are not indicative of future performance. It is highly unlikely to be a murderhobo 100% of the time.
This is bad logic for someone that’s previously shown they understand math.

Even if you assume there is an SK in this game, there's not many. 2/2 instances of a 1 in 10 chance is 1%. That is well into the highly unlikely range.
If you just take it as just being non-town, being 3/10 twice then we're still below 10% which is certainly unlikely although the highly is arguable.

Of course, the odds for this game are actually around 1/11 or 3ish/11 since past games don't affect it.
A lot of things I think are obvious are not so to other people. And definitely vice versa.
bessie wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:I suppose if I'm precommitted to be lynched on some day, then I could be free to help while focusing town powers on more useful targets, and my flip would prove myself.
The absolute towniest thing a townie can do when facing the noose is to start posting their observations about everyone and everything, and don’t hold back. In my opinion, this is even more helpful than claiming (though I’m probably in the minority in this). Towniest example of this ever: SDK on D2 of Meta Mafia. Read it.
You want naive reads? Not asking for a claim when it is probably going to have to happen anyways since its the only thing I can do accurately?

bessie wrote:
wam wrote:My guess which was clearly wrong is that you had some setup reason to believe there was no cop. Which given the weird weak powers could be true.
Another person that assumes all powers are weak.
BoomFrog wrote:Since town peers are so terrible I'd guess scum's are as well, maybe some compulsive powers that benefit town, or 2 mafia need to work together to use the nk.
BoomFrog assumes terrible town powers, this is an assumption that someone that has only seen one role pm shouldn’t be in a position to make.
Perhaps from our perspective, you simply haven't seen a Town role?
Are you the despicable villain who has been leaving butt-scootch marks on the mayor's carpet?

You're moving down on my list, for what little that actually means to people.

bessie wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:1) My role has features that make me likely to be mislynched, IMO.
This would be a level of bastardry that I would hope is outside the scope of “moderate”. Even if you only needed, say, two less votes to be lynched, you would still need four votes, which means you would have to be moderately scummy to be lynched.

You're on the list of people who will rue this day. Not a threat since I'm a hero and you probably know that from your role PM; just a heads-up that ruing will happen.

vicarin wrote:BoomFrog: basically, if SJ is scum, he's almost certainly scum with him. Putting SJ really high on his first list and then revising to the bottom of his current list based on SJ continuing to do what he'd already been doing makes very little sense. I'd say his apparently new TtoS list is even decently close to his ease of lynch list that he made. Finally, switching to me with the promise to switch to SJ if he doesn't claim seems rather strange compared to just voting for SJ now and switching if he claims well.
All well and good, but if you're trying to link me and Boomfrog to make him seem Towny when I flip Town, that's not cool.

Off topic tea break with Sabrar:
Spoiler:
Sabrar wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:I wasn't paying attention to the details of the moves, probably should have, but I don't think I'd get anything out of it anyways.
If you're speculating about anything you need to first get your facts straight. See below:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Having a game with no scum would be pretty bastard, but it could work if Town had to decide to vote NL to end the slaughter of survivors.
If there are no scum then town's win-con (as written in our role pm-s) is achieved at the beginning of the game and a secret win-con like that would be against the mod's rules.

PW's compilation is next to useless. As someone who did math on read-lists before I'm curious to see what he gets out of it.

I need to keep the level of seriousness/relevance more consistent.
Also, the no scum game is clearly not this one, but its an interesting idea. Presumably everyone would be a survivor, and the game would end on NL, with the threat that any surviving mafia will wipe out all remaining townies at that point.
I'm thinking Starwars, in which a TIE fighter squadron's pilots need to decide when to defect to the Rebels, but have to eliminate any possible informants before doing so.
Having no informants would be evil, but now that it is expected, people wouldn't expect it! And they definitely wouldn't suspect the Spanish guy with the extra-plush ejector seat.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:{SJ} Seems to have resigned himself to being lynched, due to features of his role.
SuicideJunkie wrote: I suppose if I'm precommitted to be lynched on some day, then I could be free to help while focusing town powers on more useful targets

At this point it isn't even due to the role! Just my personality. Next game, I should probably policy-claim Mafia and then shut up since people will disbelieve me and I'll be confirmed Town.

It is more of a net-balance thing. I could help, but I could also cost more than I provide.
The precommit thing does sound pretty Jestery I guess.

I would like to point out that I'm not resigned to losing! As Town, I'll win if we can eliminate the scum.
Getting lynched is different from losing, but it does give mafia a bigger piece of the vote pie.

wam wrote:suicide junkie - scum
1. Calls a pw scum slip then ignores it completely
2. Jimbob random vote paying off only works if sj is scum.
3. Most of the reads aren't reads.

1)
SuicideJunkie wrote:Peaceful Whale:
Seems honest, and decent but the " :twisted:Town :arrow: ... :arrow: Scum :P" Thing is clearly a blatant* scumslip.

* :roll:
Too blatant, too subtle? You decide.

2) What the what?
Jimbob votes me, nobody cares. I vote back, people lose their minds.
I don't comprehend why, I'm just being me.
But, dollars to doughnuts that Jimbob sees something in those reactions.

3) It is day one and I don't have a decoder ring. If you think these aren't reads, just wait until I turn up on the Mafia team.

Vicarin wrote:@jimbob: I thought I'd explained before, but he made weird statements about his role in SS2018 on D1 and when being asked to claim, including suggesting that the distribution of roles was nonrandom. Then he did that again this game, but harder. His fatalism over being lynched early strikes me as newbie scum not knowing how to deflect suspicion for a 2nd game in a row, as I think town!SJ would have at least tried doing some reads without having to be repeatedly prompted in the same way as last game. The dragging of feet this game similarly to last game doesn't strike me as newbie town.
I'd say you're on the list with Bessie, but you're probably scum and will secretly celebrate instead of rue this bit.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Mon May 13, 2019 3:31 am UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:{SJ} Seems to have resigned himself to being lynched, due to features of his role.
SuicideJunkie wrote: I suppose if I'm precommitted to be lynched on some day, then I could be free to help while focusing town powers on more useful targets

At this point it isn't even due to the role! Just my personality. Next game, I should probably policy-claim Mafia and then shut up since people will disbelieve me and I'll be confirmed Town.

It is more of a net-balance thing. I could help, but I could also cost more than I provide.
The precommit thing does sound pretty Jestery I guess.

I would like to point out that I'm not resigned to losing! As Town, I'll win if we can eliminate the scum.
Getting lynched is different from losing, but it does give mafia a bigger piece of the vote pie.

How about this plan:
1) Vote somebody else scummy off today.
2) Don't bother wasting powers on me, just assume the worst so you can't be disappointed. If you're feeling generous, roleblock, but it would be better to block the NK if you can.
3) Decide tomorrow if you still want to lynch me or not when we have actual results.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 am UTC

Again, that's a lot of waffle and the reads are limited to finding people who think you're scum, scum. Amazing :roll:.

If we actually went through with your plan of lynching someone else and roleblocking you, what would the benefit be? Would you suddenly start doing proper non-retaliatory reads on people? Why not start right now?

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Mon May 13, 2019 4:25 am UTC

Boomfrog post recap / some analysis
Spoiler:
1. confirm
2. "someone has to get mislynched d1" is strange, as mentioned before. we don't need to have some kind of results to have a successful lynch / mislynch, so I don't see why we necessarily need so mislynch (also admitting that I didn't pay attention to this till after bessie pointed it out). And you don't need to wait to be voted out to post your analysis, you should do that earlier if you're town, so we can react accordingly where relevant.
3. pushes people to commit to a setup. states his is 8-3
4. warns SJ not to post too much about his role
5. n/a
6. complained about sabrar's prod saying he contributed a lot, but really he just asked people to state their guess on setup, and told SJ to be more careful when posting. that doesn't sound like "significant contributions"
7. either means nothing or buddying. not sure which.
8. posted list with no explanations. ok to withhold but also gives him time to find ways to support those. not positive or negative, but i think it would have been helpful to be more transparent
9. reasonable question for moody re: reasoning
10. opinion on day chat that I agree with
11. explains the "2nd most interesting thing", which was already hinted at earlier. explains 8-3. nothing revolutionary or exciting. but ok.
12. says vic's content is forced (agree not much is offered by vic)
13. short response to SJ about what to do. really feels like a good amount of instruction for SJ, though could just be helpful
14. answers my question. doesn't like my list though others have the same "issue".
15. votes me
16. made aware of others with that "issue" but apparently others didn't ping because no explanation. so my explanation pinged? but no details on which. also questions sabrar on his alphabetical order list (why is this strange? don't many people sort by author?)
17. n/a
18. explains view on SJ (i wasn't around for last game so can't opine as easily)
19. puts a hard--> easy to lynch. note that i'm supposedly hard to lynch, yet later votes me anyways
20. asks for references on SJ, receives those.
21. references my play in shakespeare (honestly i don't even remember it, need to re-read), that i'm not posting enough. SJ is now more suspicious. i guess vic is too? not sure why.
22. votes vicarin. explains perspective on wam, SJ, PW.
23. something about a gambit with vicarin. I kinda lost the point there.
24. revotes me because my votes haven't changed? very wishy-washy. seems he's staying true to the early post of trying to mislynch d1.
25. back to gambit i'm not sure what's going on there

I'm returning the favor. Seems less involved content than i'd expect, or less weird assumptions (that often enough pan out), and some opinions i found to be strange. seems interested in lynching me while calling me hard to lynch, both times reacting to small things (1 - that i'm trying to lynch people who are "easy to lynch" even though i gave reasons, and others had similar perspectives, and 2 - when vicarin pointed out that my list didn't change significantly).

vote boomfrog
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon May 13, 2019 5:01 am UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:You want naive reads? Not asking for a claim when it is probably going to have to happen anyways since its the only thing I can do accurately?
Yes, we want reads, your reads. Everyone has asked you for reads. We understand you’re new to the game, and know you’re reads aren’t going to be 100% spot on brilliant and accurate. Neither are anyone else’s reads, including moody’s and wam’s and BoomFrog’s, and they have been playing here the longest. This has been explained to you repeatedly in this game.

The not claiming part, well that’s my personal belief, not the general consensus. I don’t believe in townies claiming to avoid they lynch and I’m probably the only one in this group. I believe that if a townie is scummy enough to be lynched, they should accept it and do everything they can to help town before they go, like getting all their thoughts and opinions on other players, sometimes referred to as READS, out for all to see.

SuicideJunkie wrote:Perhaps from our perspective, you simply haven't seen a Town role?
I’ve seen few enough that I don’t think I have a large enough data sample to extrapolate that in general townie powers are weak. How many town roles do you think a townie will have seen on D1?

SuicideJunkie wrote: You're on the list of people who will rue this day. Not a threat since I'm a hero and you probably know that from your role PM; just a heads-up that ruing will happen.
I rue every day that I wake up and see where I am in my life, so any errors I make in this game will just be added on the end of an already long list. So I'm unfazed by your threat.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 13, 2019 8:04 am UTC

So apparently I misremembered when the deadline is, and I'm unlikely to have time to do any more reads before it (I thought we had another day still). Without looking at anything in detail, I have gut town reads on moody, and Sabrar, and gut scum read on BoomFrog, though I fully acknowledge that that last one is largely due to what others said. I prefer a Vicarin lynch, but have lost track of votals, so will wait to vote until getting some official ones:

Requesting votals

SuicideJunkie's latest posts are so weird that he's slipping back into scum territory. That being said, I'm inclined to think that he isn't Mafia. I wouldn't be surprised if he's SK again, or somebody who gets something by surviving to D2. I prefer my original role spec though re. votes.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 am UTC

Current votals:

Vicarin (2): SuicideJunkie, wam
BoomFrog (1): dimochka

Not voting: bessie, freezeblade, Peaceful Whale, jimbob

Deadline in 9 hours

[edit]Fixed the votals because I missed dimochka voting.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 13, 2019 8:13 am UTC

I guessed that jimbob was gambiting, his explanation looks genuine. I'm mostly liking his reads but not his conclusions, I think it's weird that he excuses scummy behavior for 'not seeing the motivation'.

bessie wrote:@Sabrar, I’m putting off my reply to this post until D2.
Provided we're both still alive, sure. But you know that won't happen...

wam wrote:I'm going to do a sabrar and claim the scum team day 1.

Sj
Boom
Vic
I'm not saying you're wrong as I've been burned in the past by dismissing D1 buses but the push from Vicarin on SJ came too early in my opinion for that to be the case.

SuicideJunkie wrote:2) What the what?
Jimbob votes me, nobody cares. I vote back, people lose their minds.
I don't comprehend why, I'm just being me.
jimbob's vote was during the random voting stage. The townie reaction is to ignore these, or acknowledge the joke if there's one. Reacting to it the way you did implies that you have something to hide.

bessie wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote: You're on the list of people who will rue this day. Not a threat since I'm a hero and you probably know that from your role PM; just a heads-up that ruing will happen.
I rue every day that I wake up and see where I am in my life, so any errors I make in this game will just be added on the end of an already long list. So I'm unfazed by your threat.
Reminds me of this. But probably bessie was just honest in both cases and it's NAI.

My last chance to post will be ~2 hours before deadline if LaserGuy is punctual.

@LaserGuy: is deadline hard or can we post until you declare day-end?

Ninja-d by jimbob: willing to switch to Vicarin.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 am UTC

You can post until I call it, though I expect to be around.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon May 13, 2019 9:35 am UTC

Vote Vicarin

Won't oppose a BoomFrog or SJ lunch, as I think both have issues, but I probably won't actively support either.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 13, 2019 10:53 am UTC

So the 4 who are not voting please vote or if you cant due to hammer etc say who it would be.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon May 13, 2019 11:09 am UTC

bessie wrote:Suicide Junkie is currently my top vote pick, but I guess under the cold hard female dog exterior, I have soft puppy ears, and I’m trying to give him a chance, or even some advice and help if I can, but he needs to post for that to happen.

I don't see any indication that bessie's opinion changed since. jimbob already voted, freezeblade won't post, PW disappeared after promising to 'try hard to finish'. Prospects don't look good in getting an answer.

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 13, 2019 11:20 am UTC

That is true but I am an optimist at heart!

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm UTC

I'll be around last 2 hours if anything crazy happens, and also around to answer questions (but not for the next 1.5 hours). Will see if I can get another actual post in too.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 13, 2019 12:28 pm UTC

Unofficial votals:

Vicarin (3): SuicideJunkie, wam, jimbob
BoomFrog (1): dimochka

Not voting: bessie, freezeblade, Peaceful Whale,

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon May 13, 2019 12:48 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
bessie wrote:
Reminds me of this. But probably bessie was just honest in both cases and it's NAI.
Correct. I suck regardless of alignment.

Vote: SuicideJunkie

Return to “Mafia”