Unlikely Superheroes (Endgame)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby wam » Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 am UTC

Boom please claim and I think I can sort this.

vote boomfrog
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 6:59 am UTC

Why am I not surprised that BoomFrog thinks indies are possible...

Still, Arsonist (or maaaybe even Poisoner) is possible, especially since my idea of balance often disagrees with how the mods think.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 7:18 am UTC

wam wrote:So interesting. Have changed setup spec to 7-2-2 more later.
wam wrote:Boom please claim and I think I can sort this.
vote boomfrog

I don't get you. If you think it's 7-2-2 then what could BoomFrog claim that would help you sort this?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 16, 2019 8:14 am UTC

Here are my current thoughts on the setup, BoomFrog and freezeblade based on the flip and freezeblade's result:
1) The rules state that there are no hidden abilities, so town!freezeblade's result is not affected by anything in his role, or he would have said so.
2) Similarly, town!BoomFrog would have said if there was the possibility of a result on him giving a different alignment then town.
3) A framer or redirector or similar is always possible, but why target freezeblade who was viewed with scepticism by several players due to his low content?
4) A mass redirector is not outside the realms of possibility in this game.
5) BoomFrog claiming to target somebody could be a lie or he could have been roleblocked (which would have been a reasonable target choice due to his generally perceived scumminess for a town roleblocker).
6) wam's D1 claim suddenly got a lot more interesting given how freezeblade's claimed results are given, and the lack of a clearly defined scum team (i.e. there are probably none labelord mafia or similar).
7) Vicarin's flip basically requires there to be 2 or more anti-town factions.
8) A non-town, but not anti-town faction could exist. If it does, I expect it to be a lone indie.
9) BoomFrog is only in such a faction if he genuinely did target somebody, and would likely have admitted being indie otherwise.
10) scum!BoomFrog will have just lied about what happened to them to mask themselves, though they might have tried to go with their faction not being scum.
11) If freezeblade and BoomFrog are scum buddies, I don't think we'd be in this situation. I know BoomFrog is prone to gambiting, but given wam's claim heavily implies the presence of a cop, freezeblade's claim would have been highly likely to result in a counterclaim, and risky that it resulted in freezeblade being lynched, followed by scummy BF getting lynched later. Alternatively, if BF is not in the Church of Moo, freezeblade might well have been lynched immediately after a BoomFrog lynch.
12) I don't see a reason for scum!freezeblade or indie!freezeblade to lie about his result if BoomFrog is not in his faction. Similarly, I don't think freezeblade would have fake claimed (see also 11).

Conclusion: pending further information my rough order from likeliest to least likely of outcomes is:
1) freezeblade is telling the truth and BoomFrog is scum.
2) freezeblade was redirected in some way, possibly by a mass redirector.
3) freezeblade is telling the truth and BoomFrog is indie who doesn't want to be found out for some reason.
4) freezeblade's result was messed with in some other way.
5) freezeblade is an indie who desperately wants BF to die.
6) freezeblade is lying scum.

I'm sure there are all sorts of holes in the above logic. I'd like BoomFrog to at least claim who he targeted and for wam to explain how he can sort it out.

Vote BoomFrog
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 16, 2019 8:25 am UTC

I ran out of time with the above, so didn't have time to get to more general setup thoughts. Those will come later.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 8:52 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:3) A framer or redirector or similar is always possible, but why target freezeblade who was viewed with scepticism by several players due to his low content?
This is the only point where I think you have a hole, if Framer works the other way around they could have targeted BoomFrog to make him appear scummy, anticipating the Cop to check him.

I'm okay with lynching BoomFrog today but we shouldn't lynch or even put someone close to lynch before everyone has their say (and I'm looking at somitomi here).

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:3) A framer or redirector or similar is always possible, but why target freezeblade who was viewed with scepticism by several players due to his low content?
This is the only point where I think you have a hole, if Framer works the other way around they could have targeted BoomFrog to make him appear scummy, anticipating the Cop to check him.

I'm okay with lynching BoomFrog today but we shouldn't lynch or even put someone close to lynch before everyone has their say (and I'm looking at somitomi here).
Thanks, that's a good point. I didn't think about that. Obviously, I agree that we shouldn't lynch BoomFrog before others have contributed. I'll unvote if needed to avoid this.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby SuicideJunkie » Thu May 16, 2019 3:09 pm UTC

bessie wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:In any case, the scum faction(s) are down one now, and if all faction kills are one-shot, that makes me much happier for myself
I think it’s dangerously optimistic to assume all factional kills are one shot.

At least one of them was one-shot, and the other was either blocked or withheld. Less murder more arrests is good for town, and doubly good for me.

Re: Win condition:
True, its a good standard policy, and doesn't mean much in itself.


jimbobmacdoodle wrote:8) A non-town, but not anti-town faction could exist. If it does, I expect it to be a lone indie.
9) BoomFrog is only in such a faction if he genuinely did target somebody, and would likely have admitted being indie otherwise.
10) scum!BoomFrog will have just lied about what happened to them to mask themselves, though they might have tried to go with their faction not being scum.
I feel the case for a "Church of Moo" being friendly is on shakier ground than the cop being messed with.
I'm not sure why Boomfrog didn't deny being in the church, but perhaps that's assumed to be implied by the precondition disagreement?

What about a combo of #1 and #6?
If the Church is a cult, is a recruit-sacrifice likely to generate significant townie cred for the cult leader?
Gambit-wise, if there was a counter-claim but Boomfrog was truly converted, then it could end up being a twofer; lynching the real cop D3.

It is still early, but I'm interested to see if anyone will counterclaim.

Do recruitments resolve before investigations?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 3:25 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:Less murder more arrests is good for town, and doubly good for me.
Are you deliberately acting scummy now?
FoS: SuicideJunkie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 16, 2019 3:56 pm UTC

I've played previous games in a way that makes it harder for me to win in the future. I've enjoyed the challenge, but I've really set myself up for failure here.

wam wrote:Boom please claim and I think I can sort this.

vote boomfrog
I don't really believe you but I also think I'm going to get lynched and lose no matter what at this point. So hopefully your secret info somehow helps.

I am the Heroic Nihilist. I can protect one person each night. I win if I successfully protect someone or survive to the end of the game. I targeted jimbob N1. I was recruited to the Church of Moo N1. It has no effect on my alignment I was already non-town before being recruited.

I really was just trying to be a helpful bloke D1. I do think my "scummyness" came from lack of time and high expectations from my usual play.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 16, 2019 4:55 pm UTC

I'm struggling to think why anybody would recruit BoomFrog for any purpose, unless they're an indie with the goal of getting their recruits killed, since he was looking like a lynch candidate for D2. However, his claim does rule out a few scenarios at least, relating to freezeblade's results being messed with.
Sabrar wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Less murder more arrests is good for town, and doubly good for me.
Are you deliberately acting scummy now?
FoS: SuicideJunkie
If I'm following him rightly, this is just related to an earlier claim from him and makes a degree of sense. I'll explain in more detail once SJ responds.

I do feel like find this comment before that is interesting though:
SuicideJunkie wrote:
bessie wrote:I think it’s dangerously optimistic to assume all factional kills are one shot.
At least one of them was one-shot, and the other was either blocked or withheld.
The first bit is fine, but there's an interesting assumption that there is exactly one other scum kill around.

@SJ: how many kills do you think there are? Why?

@BoomFrog, why didn't you admit to being in the Church before when reacting to freezeblade's claim?

On cults, my feeling is that it's possible we have one, but likely that if one exists that the recruit is limited or the cult as a whole have a big disadvantage for example by them all dying if the cult leader dies. Assuming no redirections happened (it's certainly possible they did), then I don't think the Church of Moo is a normal cult (see my above comment about targeting BoomFrog).
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby moody7277 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:58 pm UTC

Well, the way BoomFrog phrased that post looks pretty good for freezeblade in that he's not countering any of fb's assertions. I reserve judgement on interpreting the "Church of Moo" issue, although it being a cult is something I consider a low-probability/high-impact scenario. dimochka looks incredibly foresighted with his setup spec.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby wam » Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm UTC

Right so boomfrog is guilty in my book.

I am the leader of the church of moo and as boom stated being recruited to it does not change your alignment. What I do is role block someone for a night by talking to them about the church of moo hence the recruitment. I roleblocked boom last night. I highly doubt we have two docs or two rbs in the game so therefore either

1) no faction attempted a kill last night
Or
2) boom was meant to carry out the kill.

The Miller comment was because I come up church of moo only to all investigations. At least that's how I read my role PM.

Leaving my vote where it is!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@BoomFrog, why didn't you admit to being in the Church before when reacting to freezeblade's claim?

Because for sure you wouldn't believe me that I'm survivor. I was going for, "I got bus driven" but that was a hard sell anyway.

I do think there's a nightly NK faction out there, otherwise my power is a bit of a joke. Anyway, gg. Good luck catching scum.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby freezeblade » Thu May 16, 2019 5:41 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote: I targeted jimbob N1. I was recruited to the Church of Moo N1. It has no effect on my alignment I was already non-town before being recruited.


I don't really see how this is possible, as I received a cop result. I only receive a cop result if my target didn't move (target anyone). If my target moves (targeted someone) then I receive a tracking result.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby wam » Thu May 16, 2019 5:42 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:
BoomFrog wrote: I targeted jimbob N1. I was recruited to the Church of Moo N1. It has no effect on my alignment I was already non-town before being recruited.


I don't really see how this is possible, as I received a cop result. I only receive a cop result if my target didn't move (target anyone). If my target moves (targeted someone) then I receive a tracking result.


Presumably if boom was rb that would stop him moving? Still think boom was carrying out the NK.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby SuicideJunkie » Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Less murder more arrests is good for town, and doubly good for me.
Are you deliberately acting scummy now?
FoS: SuicideJunkie
:? What?
Most NKs are probably going to be Town kills and thus bad, unless I'm horribly mistaken. And if nobody dies, I can't be blamed for murderizing them.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I do feel like find this comment before that is interesting though:
SuicideJunkie wrote:
bessie wrote:I think it’s dangerously optimistic to assume all factional kills are one shot.
At least one of them was one-shot, and the other was either blocked or withheld.
The first bit is fine, but there's an interesting assumption that there is exactly one other scum kill around.
@SJ: how many kills do you think there are? Why?
Minimum of 1, which I presume is still out there with Vic's buddy, since daychat with {empty set} would be over the top (yoink the idea tho).
I expect two since the first one we know of is one-shot and there's a lot of players. Three is not unreasonable if they're all one-shots or otherwise restricted. The church could have a holy hand grenade: No to four, and five is right out.

Cult of Moo wouldn't need a kill; recruitment is better than a kill plus we don't hear it.
Two is my bet, but three would not be surprising.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pm UTC

Probably wam roleblocking BoomFrog meant that BF was not considered to be targeting anyone anymore. (Ninja-d)

@BoomFrog: do you leave the game if you win by successfully defending anyone?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu May 16, 2019 5:46 pm UTC

Unvote

Need to think about things more with wam's claim. Might easily reinstate my vote. Wam's claim does make a lot of sense and neatly explains everything claimed so far. I did suspect wam of being in the Church of Moo after freezeblade's result too.

So, basically, there are two questions:
1) Is BoomFrog lying?
2) Is wam actually evil cult?

I don't think the latter is the case. I doubt he'd have claimed the way he did or offer to help explains things. Plus it would be a really weird bus if the Church of Moo has an effect on a win condition.

@BoomFrog - what happens to you if you win? Do you leave the game or stay?

All the ninjas.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 5:46 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:Most NKs are probably going to be Town kills and thus bad, unless I'm horribly mistaken. And if nobody dies, I can't be blamed for murderizing them.

1. That is not the issue.
2. What?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 5:48 pm UTC

@LaserGuy: Does moderate bastardry include the possibility of either
- win-con changing role
- flip-altering role?

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby SuicideJunkie » Thu May 16, 2019 5:57 pm UTC

wam wrote:Right so boomfrog is guilty in my book.

I am the leader of the church of moo and as boom stated being recruited to it does not change your alignment. What I do is role block someone for a night by talking to them about the church of moo hence the recruitment. I roleblocked boom last night. I highly doubt we have two docs or two rbs in the game so therefore either

1) no faction attempted a kill last night
Or
2) boom was meant to carry out the kill.

The Miller comment was because I come up church of moo only to all investigations. At least that's how I read my role PM.

I note the Apps weren't allowed to use their kill last night, and a withholding is not unheard of (I got fooled by that in SS)

Do you mean you come up church of moo to cops? Or do you explain your faith to EVERYONE who visits?

Sabrar wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Most NKs are probably going to be Town kills and thus bad, unless I'm horribly mistaken. And if nobody dies, I can't be blamed for murderizing them.

1. That is not the issue.
2. What?
I have no idea what your issue is then. Town mostly controls lynching and scum mostly control night kills.

Unless you think I meant Arrest as in jailer roles? I meant Arrest as in Laserguy fluff. Although the Mayor's summary execution was a bit surprising.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 6:02 pm UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:Less murder more arrests is good for town, and doubly good for me.
This wording specifically implies that you're not town.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4582
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby LaserGuy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:11 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@LaserGuy: Does moderate bastardry include the possibility of either
- win-con changing role
- flip-altering role?


Alignment changing roles are within the scope of the rules.

Flips will always reveal true information, but it is possible that powers could limit what information is revealed.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 16, 2019 6:48 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: do you leave the game if you win by successfully defending anyone?

Yes, I die instead of the target. Also, rereading the role PM, it says that my protection is considered before other forms of protection. So there's probably at least one other protective or bulletproof role out there, which means there's probably a full NK faction.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 16, 2019 6:51 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Less murder more arrests is good for town, and doubly good for me.
This wording specifically implies that you're not town.

No it doesn't. It's saying it's good for him as town and also good for him for another reason. Why are you suddenly flipped on your perspective of SJ, I thought you got what his role is and were on board with him being probably town?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Also, rereading the role PM, it says that my protection is considered before other forms of protection. So there's probably at least one other protective or bulletproof role out there, which means there's probably a full NK faction.
This seems just you modifying your claim to fit with wam's issues with it.

BoomFrog wrote:No it doesn't.
Yes it does. He talks about town as an outsider.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby wam » Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Also, rereading the role PM, it says that my protection is considered before other forms of protection. So there's probably at least one other protective or bulletproof role out there, which means there's probably a full NK faction.
This seems just you modifying your claim to fit with wam's issues with it.
/quote]

I agree
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby wam » Thu May 16, 2019 7:14 pm UTC

Ebwop
Fixed quote tags

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Also, rereading the role PM, it says that my protection is considered before other forms of protection. So there's probably at least one other protective or bulletproof role out there, which means there's probably a full NK faction.
This seems just you modifying your claim to fit with wam's issues with it.
[/quote]

I agree
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby wam » Thu May 16, 2019 7:16 pm UTC

Ok I give up I think the meaning is clear!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby SuicideJunkie » Thu May 16, 2019 8:34 pm UTC

wam wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Also, rereading the role PM, it says that my protection is considered before other forms of protection. So there's probably at least one other protective or bulletproof role out there, which means there's probably a full NK faction.
This seems just you modifying your claim to fit with wam's issues with it.
I agree
FTFY.
I only disagree in that I don't see how the modification actually mitigates Wam's issues. That might be my fault in reading.

Jumping in front of a bullet for a win even if it is just a protection assist makes sense to work for balance and quit-rage purposes.
If there is a full NK faction out there that didn't get roleblocked (by the Moo who claims so? How many other roleblockers do the uninvolved players expect?), they must have willingly withheld or been restricted from N1 use as well.

Personally, I'd lean towards fewer roleblockers in order to get more use out of the roles so they aren't wasted, but I'm not the mod.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby somitomi » Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 pm UTC

Tomorrow is the last day of the semester involving the usual test and scrambling before deadline. I don't think I can process things properly before the weekend.
SuicideJunkie wrote:Well, I tried to snoop on what Dimochka was up to, but got No Result.

:? I don't recall you claiming any such power and I don't see the point in sharing a "no result". Why did you do that?
bessie wrote:Sure. Former-you had a very scummy D1. See my analysis of former-you’s content here.

I was hoping for a summary of what everyone was doing, but thanks anyway.
SuicideJunkie wrote:At least one of them was one-shot, and the other was either blocked or withheld. Less murder more arrests is good for town, and doubly good for me.

Sure, but "good for town" isn't a good argument to support any assumption.
wam wrote:
freezeblade wrote:
BoomFrog wrote: I targeted jimbob N1. I was recruited to the Church of Moo N1. It has no effect on my alignment I was already non-town before being recruited.

I don't really see how this is possible, as I received a cop result. I only receive a cop result if my target didn't move (target anyone). If my target moves (targeted someone) then I receive a tracking result.


Presumably if boom was rb that would stop him moving? Still think boom was carrying out the NK.

Why though? I don't really see the logical connection between the two.
Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Also, rereading the role PM, it says that my protection is considered before other forms of protection. So there's probably at least one other protective or bulletproof role out there, which means there's probably a full NK faction.
This seems just you modifying your claim to fit with wam's issues with it.

I don't see this one either, but then I'm not sure what wam's issues are.
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 am UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:
wam wrote:
Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Also, rereading the role PM, it says that my protection is considered before other forms of protection. So there's probably at least one other protective or bulletproof role out there, which means there's probably a full NK faction.
This seems just you modifying your claim to fit with wam's issues with it.
I agree
FTFY.
I only disagree in that I don't see how the modification actually mitigates Wam's issues. That might be my fault in reading.

They are saying I made up the extra detail in order to add evidence that there is another protective power. The reason that is important to my defense is that these are the reasons why there might have been no NK:

1) NK was blocked (There's probably not another RBer so that means BoomFrog is the killer)
2) NK target was protected (requires that there is another protective role besides mine)
3) The NK was withheld (really unlikely and if you get a half-misslynch by lynching a survivor that's a net win for town.)
4) There isn't an anti-town nightly kill (I think this is unlikely for many reasons that I can get into if you want)
5) Something super weird like even night NK only, or poisoners, or something even more creative. (obviously this is a pretty low probability compared to the simple idea that I was the one to perform the NK)

I will throw out one thing after thinking this through. If I was on a team with a factional NK why on earth would I be the one to execute the kill? Obviously I was going to be tracked or RBed or whatever N1.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby bessie » Fri May 17, 2019 2:59 am UTC

SuicideJunkie wrote:Well, I tried to snoop on what Dimochka was up to, but got No Result.
Do you think you were roleblocked? If dimochka had no night action you should still have a result.

bessie wrote:
moody7277 wrote:somi gets the usual tabula rasa read for a sub-in, especially since some of PW's scumminess could have been idiosyncratic.
Interesting, why didn’t you give Peaceful Whale the PW-meta-allowance on D1? You voted for him in RVS and never switched, even when there was a close race between the two lynch leaders that may have resulted in a tie.
I was expecting you not to answer. But that’s ok, your silence gives me something to read.

SuicideJunkie wrote:At least one of them was one-shot, and the other was either blocked or withheld.
How do you know there are exactly two scum factions? (note: jimbob commented on this too)

wam wrote:I highly doubt we have two docs or two rbs in the game
Who claimed doctor? BoomFrog had claimed a protective power at the time of your post, but if you think he is scum with a kill that you blocked, why would you believe his doctor claim?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 17, 2019 3:26 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:If I was on a team with a factional NK why on earth would I be the one to execute the kill? Obviously I was going to be tracked or RBed or whatever N1.
Valid point but being SK will not save you from getting lynched.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 17, 2019 4:04 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:If I was on a team with a factional NK why on earth would I be the one to execute the kill? Obviously I was going to be tracked or RBed or whatever N1.
Valid point but being SK will not save you from getting lynched.

I think having the only repeating NK in the hands of a SK wouldn't be good game design. If the SK is lynched D1 then the apps of destruction are going to have a very long journey to victory through no fault of their own.

It's possible but I think a 2 person mafia is more likely.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 am UTC

bessie wrote:
wam wrote:I highly doubt we have two docs or two rbs in the game
Who claimed doctor? BoomFrog had claimed a protective power at the time of your post, but if you think he is scum with a kill that you blocked, why would you believe his doctor claim?

Also, I don't think I count as a doctor. My "protection" still results in a death, you just get to keep an unknown instead of a survivor. And you won't get anyone confirmed since you won't know who I was protecting if I die. It's not the same thing as a doctor at all. I expect there is a real town doctor-like role out there.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 17, 2019 4:17 am UTC

bessie wrote:
SuicideJunkie wrote:Well, I tried to snoop on what Dimochka was up to, but got No Result.
Do you think you were roleblocked? If dimochka had no night action you should still have a result.

@SJ : You should really stop leeking so much about your time unless you have a specific benefit of partial claiming in mind. I know you don't think your helping scum, but it is helping them choose NK targets by eliminating you as a possibility for something like doctor.

@Bessie: I'm shocked at your blatant role fishing.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby bessie » Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
bessie wrote:
wam wrote:I highly doubt we have two docs or two rbs in the game
Who claimed doctor? BoomFrog had claimed a protective power at the time of your post, but if you think he is scum with a kill that you blocked, why would you believe his doctor claim?

Also, I don't think I count as a doctor. My "protection" still results in a death, you just get to keep an unknown instead of a survivor. And you won't get anyone confirmed since you won't know who I was protecting if I die. It's not the same thing as a doctor at all. I expect there is a real town doctor-like role out there.

You’re missing the context. At the time of wam’s post, you had claimed this:
BoomFrog wrote:I am the Heroic Nihilist. I can protect one person each night. I win if I successfully protect someone or survive to the end of the game.
wam took your claim as a doctor claim (from his remark “I highly doubt we have two docs or two rbs in the game”). Why would he believe both your “doctor” claim and that you are mafia and he blocked your kill attempt?

BoomFrog wrote:@Bessie: I'm shocked at your blatant role fishing.
I am skeptical of SuicideJunkie’s claim. If SuicideJunkie was roleblocked and wam is telling the truth, we have two roleblockers.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Unlikely Superheroes (Day 2)

Postby Sabrar » Fri May 17, 2019 5:26 am UTC

Request mod-prod on dimochka


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests