Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:02 am UTC

Gotta go now.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:11 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:After the dust settles on D2 take a look back at that last post by JimBob. That is a scumbuddy of plytho post. Vaguely reading plytho as kinda scummy, but still puts him above moody and a flimsy reason to find me scummy just because I'm the 2nd best candidate even though he disagrees with Zenii's whole premise that we are scummates.
plytho is above moody because there are some things I find townie about his play, unlike moody. These include prodding of people I was going to be prodded, for example. Pretty sure I've seen town!plytho thinking along the same lines as me more often than scum!plytho, though I don't know for sure. It's not strong though, and there are other issues with his play as noted.

BoomFrog wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I've gone over Boom's posts, and Zenii's case against him, and along with the previously mentioned issues with his tone, I'm now adding "knowing plytho to be town" to his list of issues. This is a slight rehash of Zenii's argument
So he finds me scummy due to "tone issues" (which he doesn't elaborate on at all.)
I thought I'd explained this previously, but maybe not. You said it yourself, you've been more flippant, and just don't feel like normal BoomFrog. You were also much quieter in early game than I think you usually are.

BoomFrog wrote:Zenii's case (which he actually disagrees with because he thinks plytho and I are not mates).
I was referring to the aspect of Zenii's case that says you are scum based on your jerk comments etc, as elaborated already.
BoomFrog wrote:And "knowing plytho to be town":
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:However, the whole of this post is written on the basis that everybody mentioned is town, despite having scum reads on some
I think everyone is responding as if they are town (obviously). No one's response was alignment indicative. So I am only measuring jerkiness from the perspective of "is this a jerky thing to say as town."
I'm not saying anybody's responses were alignment indicative. You certainly didn't say that point the first time around when you made those posts either (with the exception of plytho).

@Zenii/anybody else who cares to chime in. Am I making any sense? I want to make sure that I haven't tunnelled myself into false logic.

BoomFrog wrote:There's far more reason to feel plytho is scum, but JimBob manages to not see any of that, and find me scummy basically on unspecified tone issues.
Of course you'd say that. I beg to differ.
.
Memory says that someone else suggested my analysis of BoomFrog suggests that I know plytho to be town. I'll try to come back to this later, as I just got to work.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am UTC

I don't think plytho is town, but it would be better to execute Boom. I'll stay on if Laser prefers though.

Also may as well use the rest of the day for people to catch up.

Break time!

Current feels:
Spoiler:
bessie 100
Laser 80
Jim 70
Vic 10
Mark 10

mpolo 0

plytho 10
Somi 60
Boom 80

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:22 am UTC

@Zenii, why is somitomi so far down your list?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 pm UTC

Ok, Mark's question and explanation seems to be acceptable. Ultimately I had kind of assumed that this was a high-power game with no vanilla roles, so that the whole situation felt weird to me. Mark goes on the townie side.

Moody overreacted to this and left a bit of a scummy flavor, but not extreme.

Whom is bessie replacing? Moody? (Reading this on mobile is suboptimal...)

Of the two main arguments - plytho or Boomfrog, I feel like Boomfrog is more likely scum. As others have said, this is mostly a tonal thing. His vote seems a little bit opportunistic.

Both wagons seen to have originated out of a townie place. I need to go back and read the tie rules, apparently. Not voting until I know what this implies.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:05 pm UTC

Ok. Rule read. I don't see it as a huge problem at the moment - should we tie the votes, plytho is still leading unless someone invited our breaks the tie.

There is the consideration that plytho had been sitting at L-1 for a long time without someone hammering, but that is probably only a week indication at best.

I'll come back to this after lunch.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Vicarin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:35 pm UTC

@Zen: I'm assuming those percentages don't include the feeling that those people are indie, seeing as you state that you don't think plytho is town just beforehand?

@mpolo: plytho's at 4 votes, which makes it L-2 in a 10 player game. Kind of hard to self or quick-hammer in that case :P

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:00 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Whom is bessie replacing? Moody? (Reading this on mobile is suboptimal...)
Yes, bessie replaced moody.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Mark_Cangila » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:22 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Zenii wrote:Nope.

mafiaBoom presumed to read plytho's mind. townPlytho would correct mafiaBoom. indyPlytho was afraid to step on toes so mafiaBoom got away with it.

That's evidence that plytho is Indy not evidence that I am scum. Why does me being scum give me this insight?

Your assumption that he is town is scummy. Also, I won't be on most of today.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:58 pm UTC

@Vicarin: what's your current read on BoomFrog? Still decently town? In fact, could you update your reads list please?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:24 pm UTC

Plytho's homework essay

Title: An ode to confirmation bias
Subtitle: A BoomFrog-Vicarin connection?

Deadline: tomorrow morning
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:48 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:You were also much quieter in early game than I think you usually are
The game started during the weekend when I was busy and then I was more worried about The Egg then this game since that game I had to solve myself to win and was more time sensitive.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Zenii's case (which he actually disagrees with because he thinks plytho and I are not mates).
I was referring to the aspect of Zenii's case that says you are scum based on your jerk comments etc, as elaborated already.
Zenii' Jerk-case theory is predicted on plytho and I being buddies or plytho being intimidated into agreeing with my wrong interpretation. Which, as I elaborated already, means there is no evidence of scummyness on my part if we are not buddies. So please, explain to me why the Zenii's convincing jerk case leads you to conclude I'm scum but plytho isn't?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:53 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I'm Rosa Diaz.

I'm a one shot vig with a sash cop power that allows me to see when someone last had the sash.

Lynch BoomFrog, I vig his buddy, game over.

How can you possibly think that you would be able to vig scum!me's partner tonight? That confidence is ridiculous and so very fake. You have never discussed who my partner could be. You are just trying to sell town on not losing a valuable power.

I was worried that you might be town before and this was a disasterous D1. Thank you for clarifying.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:@mpolo: plytho's at 4 votes, which makes it L-2 in a 10 player game. Kind of hard to self or quick-hammer in that case :P


Well, that means I read wrong. What a surprise.

Then I will

Vote: BoomFrog

Even if this is mostly from "feel".
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:That confidence is ridiculous and so very fake.
Of course it's fake. Did your sarcasm detector break? :?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:16 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:@Boom, what do you think about this post:
Vicarin wrote:Moody- pffff, no idea :lol: . He's been saying some weird stuff like assuming Mark is town based off the braim fart, but I don't think it's alignment indicative for moody. Everything else also seems consistent with either scum or town moody.
Also. why'd you ask me to put him in a town block when you knew I was scum reading him at the time?

That is worrying and I'd forgotten about it. The rest of his posts feel very townie in tone. I also have one more concern about him that I will bring up soon. At the time i wanted you to reconsider him because he felt very townie to me and we had such different opinions. I'm still leaning town on him.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 pm UTC

An Ode to Confirmation Bias
A BoomFrog-Vicarin connection

(I don't know how essays are supposed to work, this is just a read.)

Basis for this suspicion:
- Vicarin appears to be the only one still officially town reading BoomFrog (with the exception of the replacements I believe: to check confirmed).
- Vicarin has very little interaction with boomFrog (To check how little, Count mentions. Compare with other scum game. [counted no use comparing])
- BoomFrog-Vicarin interaction about gambits feels like BoomFrog is reminding Vicarin to say something about that. Like a reminder that that's their standard game-start interaction.
- I would love to be right about this.

Count:
Zen: 25
mark: 21
plytho: 19
BoomFrog: 16
jimbob: 14
mpolo: 8
moody: 7
laserGuy: 7
wam: 5

Huh, got a different feel when I was scrolling through Vicarin's posts looking for BoomFrog mentions. Boom is in the middle of the pack. Mark and LaserGuy appear to be the outliers here.
Guess this point doesn't really hold.

Anyway, content-wise there's no read or opinion on BoomFrog since the reads list in which Zen liked boomFrog's contributions which were mainly the jerk interaction with me and calling mark an indie with the sash.

This advice to somitomi is a bit odd in that light:
Vicarin wrote:@somitomi: rushing things a bit gives people time to actually do claims and have people have some time to respond, but we're looking on schedule right now I guess. Can you look at BoomFrog at least as well, seeing as he seems to be the main other wagon?

Sure, I get it, if somi should evaluate anything it's the two wagons. But why doesn't Vicarin himself look at Boom here? Also "seems to be"? This was when it was already 3v4. That language is scummy.

This was a bit rushed because I had some time and I used it up now. Not as strong as I hoped but still some stuff there.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:12 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:I don't think plytho is town, but it would be better to execute Boom. I'll stay on if Laser prefers though.


I'm fine switching to BoomFrog. Ideally I would lynch one and vig the other.

@plytho, can you self-target? :P

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:19 pm UTC

I haven't asked..
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:50 pm UTC

Ordered list as promised:

plytho
Zenii
LaserGuy
Mark
jimbob
mpolo
somitomi
Moossie
Vicarin
BoomFrog

I'm struggling with jimbob. I feel he should be right where he is or just above Vicarin but not inbetween somehow.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:50 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Also, like, can we invite Vic to the town block? He's pretty ObvTown. I don't understand what you were going after him for. Also, also, I may not fully understand what being a town block entails. I thought we were supposed to vote together? I could vote plytho but I still think JimBob is scum. But LaserGuy is going to think I'm trying to distract from the plytho case.

Yeah, you're right. LaserGuy is going to think I am scummy no matter what.
Why do you care what LaserGuy thinks?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:03 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Zenii, why is somitomi so far down your list?
Zenii, additionally looking back at this, why is bessie so high up your list?

BoomFrog wrote:So please, explain to me why the Zenii's convincing jerk case leads you to conclude I'm scum but plytho isn't?
@BoomFrog, you are either misremembering or misrepresenting Zenii's argument. One of the core paragraphs of it is this:
Zenii wrote:This is especially true because you didn't call anyone else out for also agreeing with it. How would you know that plytho was "being a jerk" rather than he simply being indy or scum. The whole premise of your jerk read is that plytho is town who was trying to trick indies. A premise which town could not have gathered from a single line with no other context. There's no emojis to indicate his supposed "cheekyness". No further elaboration in other posts. Nothing.
The argument in this paragraph works without any buddiness required between you or plytho's response, and is what inspired me to stare at your statements some more, leading to my later comments. Zenii drew further conclusions from it, but they're irrelevant to my case.

Coming back to this as promised:
plytho wrote:Also a little worried about jimbob's point about BoomFrog "knowing I'm town" as it kind of implies jimbob knows I'm town.
Point of clarification, whilst I'm thinking about it: when I've been saying knowing is town, in my mind I've been including indie in this explanation.

I have no idea what your alignment is plytho. I have my doubts about you, that's for certain. You suggesting this point of view though sounds maybe slightly townie to me. Not sure scum would see it that way.

To address the comment, here's roughly my logic: BoomFrog's comments look like he knows your alignment, as well as other players as mentioned previously. He can only know this if scum. Therefore BoomFrog is scum. Your actual alignment doesn't come into this, although the logic can be taken further to suggest you are not his buddy.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:05 pm UTC

Because I always care what everyone thinks.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:10 pm UTC

:roll:

Well, you specifically singled out LaserGuy there, why?

And more importantly: do you always consider the response of others to your vote when you decide who to vote for?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:30 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Zenii wrote:This is especially true because you didn't call anyone else out for also agreeing with it. How would you know that plytho was "being a jerk" rather than he simply being indy or scum. The whole premise of your jerk read is that plytho is town who was trying to trick indies. A premise which town could not have gathered from a single line with no other context. There's no emojis to indicate his supposed "cheekyness". No further elaboration in other posts. Nothing.
The argument in this paragraph works without any buddiness required between you or plytho's response...
I've already addressed this. Plytho's comment was obviously presented as town. His actual alignment is irrelevent to the jerk measurement. The comment was jerky in the context it was presented in, as coming from town plytho.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:37 pm UTC

plytho wrote::roll:

Well, you specifically singled out LaserGuy there, why?

And more importantly: do you always consider the response of others to your vote when you decide who to vote for?

Because i had a good prediction for what LaserGuy would think, and pointing it out but doing it anyway let LaserGuy know I was not trying to "get away" with something and reduced the scummyness I got from the move. I also considered Mark out loud.

And yes, I keep a running assessment of every players assessment of me. My main scum hunting strategy D1 is to do vaguely scummy things and see who goes for it in an unnatural way. It's suicidal but it's exciting and a challenging way to play. This has been almost as fun as barking was.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:45 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:
Zenii wrote:I don't think plytho is town, but it would be better to execute Boom. I'll stay on if Laser prefers though.


I'm fine switching to BoomFrog. Ideally I would lynch one and vig the other.

@plytho, can you self-target? :P

So you think we are both scum buddies still? Because if we are not buddies then one being scum is a good indication that the other is town. And if you think we are buddies then I think we should really lynch plytho first because I think I have a lot of good insights and would like to be able to do a vote analysis after we get plytho's flip. As proven in previous games, I am a really good scum hunter when I have some data to go on, so unless you are 100% sure I'm scum you should let me be the one to live to D2.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby bessie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:48 pm UTC

Sorry everyone I thought I would have more content by now but I got busy last night and as I suspected playing on a phone/iPad is not conducive to my style (there's also the mechanics of typing on a phone I have difficulty with as for those of you that remember what my nails look like). I'm trying to respond to content as I read and I'm only on p3-4. Since jimbob didn't reply to my question I'll throw this out to all why is Vicarin being town read for his mod questions when it appears at least the first was before he got his role pm?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:49 pm UTC

Really, if plytho and I are both scum, then town has slam dunked this game. People should choose their night targets under the assumption that plytho and I are not both scum. Because that is the universe that we will need the benefit of night actions to win. I wouldn't mind a cop checking me out though :D (well I knida would, being confirmed town means I'll die early and won't get the sash, but I've clearly skirted too close to the scummyness this game anyway.)
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:49 pm UTC

I have been liking plytho's contributions the last couple of pages. I don't get a desperate scum vibe from him... his efforts feel genuine to me. His role does not strike me as something that is easily workable as a safe claim. I'm willing to give him a pass for today.

Something in mpolo's posts ping me a little bit, but I'm not quite sure what it is. Filing this away for later.

I don't see myself voting jimbob at this point. jimbob being found moderately scummy by a majority of players is fairly consistent with Town!jimbob.... he's often a D3ish mislynch. Scum!jimbob tends to come across as townier.

I'm hoping to see more from bessie and especially somitomi before end of the day.

BoomFrog still feels off to me.
(ninja: speaking of desperate scum vibes...)

Vote: BoomFrog
L-1

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:52 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Sorry everyone I thought I would have more content by now but I got busy last night and as I suspected playing on a phone/iPad is not conducive to my style (there's also the mechanics of typing on a phone I have difficulty with as for those of you that remember what my nails look like). I'm trying to respond to content as I read and I'm only on p3-4. Since jimbob didn't reply to my question I'll throw this out to all why is Vicarin being town read for his mod questions when it appears at least the first was before he got his role pm?

That specific point is debated quite a bit later in the thread. Laser insists that he town read Vic for his second post after the role PMs go out. I think most others are town reading him for later content, but I could be wrong.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:52 pm UTC

Sigh...

I will be able to prove my townie role on D2. Do you want me to actually full claim?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby bessie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:59 pm UTC

I'm against townies claiming to avoid the lynch because because town will waste investigative powers on you and the results will still be in doubt th next day see whatever game it was when I had to cop BoomFrog twice and he as still under suspicion. I think most here will disagree with me though.

LaserGuy why is vig not a believable scum safe claim esp for a sk? Gives them a reason to kill.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:01 pm UTC

I think he means a safe claim would be better then that. plytho's powers are fairly scummy.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby bessie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:11 pm UTC

Disagree with BoomFrog. 1shot vig is a great safe claim if you have a kill. Also tells scum it is unlikely that there is a town vig. We could also debate the likelihood of a second kill in a 10 player game (or even a 3rd if we hav sk). Like, if we have sk then they can make a guess plytho is mafia.

Wh wouldn't plythos powers be scummy, I thought you had him as scum.

How about LaserGuy answers the question?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:13 pm UTC

bessie wrote:LaserGuy why is vig not a believable scum safe claim esp for a sk? Gives them a reason to kill.


For an sash-hunting indie with a kill, yes, this is a very plausible claim. For mafia specifically it is more problematic because plytho at some point may need to demonstrate a second kill (he can claim to have been roleblocked or whatever, but there's no way to positively demonstrate he is a vig). A sash hunting power is not particularly useful for mafia but this is a trivial power to verify as well.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:28 pm UTC

Staying on plytho.

More in a bit.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Zenii » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I don't see myself voting jimbob at this point. jimbob being found moderately scummy by a majority of players is fairly consistent with Town!jimbob.... he's often a D3ish mislynch. Scum!jimbob tends to come across as townier.
This is exactly what I wrote in Gojoe :mrgreen:

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:36 pm UTC

@Bessie: I disagree. If for example, I am not lynched because of my claim, and then later new info comes to light, like JimBob is lynched and it turns out he is scum, then I would be exonerated and we got to avoid a misslynch. I agree if I barely skate by and I turn out to get lynched later anyway, then it would be better to be lynched now. But, I'm like Sabrar levels of confident in my JimBob read so...

Oh, ninja'd by Zenii. I'll wait a bit to see if my claim isn't necessary.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:36 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:I don't see myself voting jimbob at this point. jimbob being found moderately scummy by a majority of players is fairly consistent with Town!jimbob.... he's often a D3ish mislynch. Scum!jimbob tends to come across as townier.
This is exactly what I wrote in Gojoe :mrgreen:

Wait. Isn't everyone reading his as really townie except me?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moody7277 and 11 guests