Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 6 - Ultimate Mammal Sash Genius

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:13 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:The more unfortunate thing is that by saying your logic, I'm pretty sure you've confirmed that you're not a VT that can't target, because otherwise you wouldn't be worried. Unless this is the greatest fake town-slip ever.

Why post this? It just helps scum.
Vote: Vicarin

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:If that was the case, why would you be worried about Madge saying yes, given your reasoning?

You mean if I was VT who can't target?
If you mean that, then yes, I would be. Mostly confused though. I would wonder how I could get the sash.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Vicarin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:20 pm UTC

I'm pretty sure scum would figure it out, and so making sure that you don't accidentally leak information would be better in the future? Also, I'm scummy for publically pointing out info that's useful for scum? Come on, you can do better than that.

I mean, if your logic held and you're a VT who can't target, you know that she isn't going to answer yes. If she answers yes, scum clearly wouldn't be able to draw good information from it in that case, because your logic must have been incorrect anyway. So there's be no reason to worry. But you worried, so here we are.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby moody7277 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:32 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:Why are you not voting Laser then?


Because while I am familiar enough with the trope to recognize it, I'm not confident enough in my ability to glean the same results the wielder would.

Mark's question and retraction is weird. He's at just the right level of experience that it being a brain fart is a likely possibility. Because of that, I'm not going to assign an alignment lean on it. I like the way Vicarin is pushing him about it.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:00 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Mark's question and retraction is weird. He's at just the right level of experience that it being a brain fart is a likely possibility. Because of that, I'm not going to assign an alignment lean on it.
Can you explain this reasoning?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:55 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:@Laser, please comment on the above case and give the reasons why you're town reading vic very strongly right now.


I think the questions he asked in pregame are strongly towntelling and I think him attempting a fake townslip is outside of his scum range at this point. Your case is mostly NAI stuff that is standard Vicarin.

Vicarin wrote:@LaserGuy: helps make sure we don't waste investigative results getting blocked and possibly sending the Sash flying around all the people in the game. Main issue I see is scum knowing where it is helps them take it if they want it, but then if we agree publicly that targeting the Sash-claimer is a bad idea, anyone who ends up with the Sash in the meantime without the first person dying looks really, really scummy.


Do you mean that the person with the sash should claim every day? Because that... could actually work pretty well. Why do you think that the sash is necessarily starting with Town?

I think Mark's comments are coming from a townie perspective. Leaning Town on him. I get good vibes from moody as well. plytho is pinging me at the moment so I think I'll vote there for now.

Vote: plytho

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:45 pm UTC

Going through both recent and old comments in a bit more detail now, as I have a bit of time before bed.

plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Mark's question and retraction is weird. He's at just the right level of experience that it being a brain fart is a likely possibility. Because of that, I'm not going to assign an alignment lean on it.
Can you explain this reasoning?
I'd like to know the answer to this too.

LaserGuy wrote:Do you mean that the person with the sash should claim every day? Because that... could actually work pretty well.
I'm not opposed to people claiming who has the sash, but somebody's going to have to walk me through why it's more beneficial to town than scum.

Zenii wrote:We should have indy claim, quick lynch laser, and get on to Day 2. Please let's not wait for the deadline every single time.
I don't agree with rushing the lynch. There is plenty to talk about right now. If I didn't know Zenii, I'd be challenging him now on the demand for LaserGuy to claim too. However, what I find very interesting is that Vicarin seems to ignore something like that, as I feel that he'd normally be all over the blatant role-fishing + apparent gambit. Maybe he's mellowed?

I've been mulling over LaserGuy's statement about reading Vic very strongly, and it's certainly not unusual for him to make early judgement calls like this based on little information. I think I know the reason why as well - Vicarin's mod questions make little sense coming from scum, and a lot of sense coming from Town.
Zenii wrote:TownVic would indicate his position on the question if he thought it was useful. Here he is just asking to look like he cares.
This is the one part of Zenii's argument for scum!Vic that I could see as a potentially valid piece of evidence. I'm not convinced by it on its own though.

@Zenii, what do you think about Vicarin's mod questions in this post? Happy to hear from others too, but only after Zenii has answered.
Vicarin wrote: anyone who ends up with the Sash in the meantime without the first person dying looks really, really scummy.
How do you propose we find out who has the sash in this case? Why would they admit to it? Why did this issue not occur to you already?

Very rough initial and likely to change groupings:
Town: Vicarin, Mark, LaserGuy(?), Zenii (is Zen - I don't know what scum Zenii looks like, but this is entirely reasonably Zenii play), plytho(?)
Scum: moody (for giving a NAI read on Mark for this "brain fart" - this doesn't seem well thought through)
Insufficient data: wam, mpolo, BoomFrog

Vote: moody
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Vicarin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:51 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Vicarin wrote: anyone who ends up with the Sash in the meantime without the first person dying looks really, really scummy.
How do you propose we find out who has the sash in this case? Why would they admit to it? Why did this issue not occur to you already?


We find out by presumably.targeting.people each night, and if someone ends up with the Sash from targeting A when B claimed they had it, after we all agreed to not bother targeting B, then A looks really bad. A doesn't have to admit to a anything. We'd also at least know to look for something as B would know they lost the Sash.

Also, I told you to look at Stellaris already, Zen did basically exactly this then too. It's completely ridiculous, but I'm hoping he'll move on to his actually useful stage soon.

@LaserGuy: ideally, not every day because hopefully the sash would stay put instead of moving. It starting with scum would probably be the main flaw with the plan, but realistically we wouldn't want to waste investigates on the Sash anyway, so we'd need to rely on scrutinizing the initial wearer carefully.

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Zenii » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:25 pm UTC

Gameplay Related
Vicarin wrote:@LaserGuy: helps make sure we don't waste investigative results getting blocked and possibly sending the Sash flying around all the people in the game. Main issue I see is scum knowing where it is helps them take it if they want it, but then if we agree publicly that targeting the Sash-claimer is a bad idea, anyone who ends up with the Sash in the meantime without the first person dying looks really, really scummy.
This is an excellent idea. Why didn't you state this until you were prodded for it?

To cut in and answer Jim's question: We'd coordinate targeting to retrieve the Sash from possible suspects. We'd essentially be using all targeting as pseudo-copping. (ninjad by vic but leaving here)

Mark Related
Mark_Cangila wrote:
Vicarin wrote:The more unfortunate thing is that by saying your logic, I'm pretty sure you've confirmed that you're not a VT that can't target, because otherwise you wouldn't be worried. Unless this is the greatest fake town-slip ever.

Why post this? It just helps scum.
Vote: Vicarin

Not really. It's pretty obvious that you're a PR.
Mark_Cangila wrote:No, Zenii, I am against moving the sash on purpose because ut creates uncertainty and conflict
It does the exact opposite. Stop trying to sell me poo.

Openness = Less uncertainty, More Control

It's also interesting to me that you were aware of Night chat only. I had overlooked it.

Moody Related
moody7277 wrote:
Zenii wrote:Why are you not voting Laser then?


Because while I am familiar enough with the trope to recognize it, I'm not confident enough in my ability to glean the same results the wielder would.
Man I love your poetic whit. Anyway, my concern with this is that you said the exact same thing in Crossover when I SDK'd your partner Heury. Even if you're not confident, surely it's a better start than mpolo? What do you think about the point I made about Laser's town reading?

Jim Related
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Why is mpolo, myself and any others who hadn't posted at that time a 9?

This is a weird question to ask, seeing as you've already stated this:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I think 8-2 is viable

So I'm pretty sure you can work it out.
@Zenii, why is plytho a 5 unlike every other townie player?
Also instinct. Just seems like he hasn't been scum in a while. I have high doubts about it though. I always have doubts about plytho.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@everybody else, why haven't you queried him on this already??
Vicarin wrote:I'd recommend reading page 2 of Stellaris, he's done it before.
He's fully aware, as he kept up with the gist of Stellaris. So Jim it's pretty peculiar to me that you asked this.

Laser Related

LaserGuy wrote:I think the questions he asked in pregame are strongly towntelling and I think him attempting a fake townslip is outside of his scum range at this point.
Vic is entirely capable of asking those questions as scum. Why are you assuming he has the theory of mind of a duck?
Your case is mostly NAI stuff that is standard Vicarin
So what is it: NAI or "Strongly towntelling"? You recognize that Vic is just Vic, yet you're town reading him? You're not actually scumhunting. I think you're likely just using your knowledge of whose town to make up reads. Also, if Vic is town for being Vic, why haven't you town read me for my being Zen?

Zen Related

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Zenii, what do you think about Vicarin's mod questions in this post? Happy to hear from others too, but only after Zenii has answered.
My initial evaluation was that it was scummy because it was unnecessary given the questions I had just asked. That made me think that Vic was probably just asking questions to mimic his town meta. His reasoning is fair though so I'm classifying it as null.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:43 pm UTC

Zenii wrote:So Jim it's pretty peculiar to me that you asked this.
I had actually forgotten the specifics of your behaviour in Stellaris, and I tend not to bother checking back. However, your early posts were something that weren't unusual to me coming from you (possibly that's subconscious memory of your Stellaris play, I don't know). I was much more interested in why others didn't pick at it like I'm used to seeing, than in the numbers you posted (though plytho was weird to me). Nobody so much as even glanced at the numbers you posted, which was weird to me. Even when it's obvious people are trying to garner a reaction, it's normal to engage them.

It's bedtime. I'll look at other responses tomorrow at some point.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:26 am UTC

@plytho & jimbob: What I'm figuring on Mark is that someone with less experience might not feel comfortable in asking a question, while someone with more experience would work though the problem before asking it.

Zenii wrote:Even if you're not confident, surely it's a better start than mpolo? What do you think about the point I made about Laser's town reading?


mpolo is my joke vote. As for your reasoning, it looks like you're playing with timestamps for scum tells, and I've always been under the impression that was a sucker's game. Laser was really flippant about the read he gave on Vic, so I'm not going to give it the same weight you are.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:33 am UTC

Vicarin wrote::lol:

Stellaris, then.

Oh so his antics are charming and clever and mine are a distraction to town and useless? What the hell?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:45 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I am against giving an indie the sash.
It seems too risky and not worth it. I also don't think it is worth asking the sashed player to claim. It puts them at risk.

It's good to know where the sash is so we don't lose action like investigations early. Getting the sash when it counts is going to be mostly based on living to endgame, not grabbing it early. But I can understand that you are reluctant to admit that you have the sash but you have to realize you won't keep it all game, and knowing where it is, is good for town.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:09 am UTC

Zenii wrote:I say we agree to give one of the indies (if there are any) the Sash in the end on the condition that they claim today. @all, please indicate if you would be in favor of this in your next post.

Laserguy is scum. He confirmed late to avoid confirming right after his partner, which means his partner is probably...hm. Will figure it out tomorrow.
[...]
@boom let's be town bros and actually both be town for once. Also you should vote Laser.

I won't promise an Indy the sash since that implies letting them live, and I'd only let then live if I trusted their claim. So yes, if they have a more interesting role then survivor.

Plytho is a jerk. LaserGuy is scum. Mark is probably indy. JimBob is scum. Vic is town.

Sure, I'll be town if you are.

Vote LaserGuy
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:33 am UTC

Zenii wrote:This is an excellent idea. Why didn't you state this until you were prodded for it?


Because I was wondering if anyone would immediately volunteer an answer and give reasoning of their own to see what other people had thought through. Kinda pointless if people just immediately ask me why I was bringing up the idea, but whatever, the important thing is that the idea is out there now.

Zenii wrote:It's also interesting to me that you were aware of Night chat only. I had overlooked it.


Sure you did :roll:

Zenii wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Zenii, what do you think about Vicarin's mod questions in this post? Happy to hear from others too, but only after Zenii has answered.
My initial evaluation was that it was scummy because it was unnecessary given the questions I had just asked. That made me think that Vic was probably just asking questions to mimic his town meta. His reasoning is fair though so I'm classifying it as null.


That doesn't make sense. You asked me for my reasoning, then I gave it, then you scum read me. If my reasoning was fair, why scum read me after I gave it?

BoomFrog wrote:Oh so his antics are charming and clever and mine are a distraction to town and useless? What the hell?


:P

I find it a fair bit easier to analyze than something like woofing, at least.

BoomFrog wrote:Plytho is a jerk. LaserGuy is scum. Mark is probably indy. JimBob is scum. Vic is town.


What makes you think Mark is Indie in particular? I think I know why, but I'd like to check. Also, why is Plytho a jerk?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:41 am UTC

I thought about it more and I think Mark is just town with the sash. My reason to think he is Indy was that he was against the indy claim and sash claim and far too concerned about sash stealing but not about what the sash means for town. Obviously any Indy is going to have some unique goal related to the sash. However, I think indy or scum Mark would have been too timid to go against the crowd.

Plytho is a jerk for reasons I will explain after plytho reacts.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:45 am UTC

Vicarin wrote:I find it a fair bit easier to analyze than something like woofing, at least.

Really? Being intentionally nonsensical hides his true intentions. Anything he says that he gets called on later he can claim was not serious.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Zenii » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:57 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
Zenii wrote:Even if you're not confident, surely it's a better start than mpolo? What do you think about the point I made about Laser's town reading?


mpolo is my joke vote. As for your reasoning, it looks like you're playing with timestamps for scum tells, and I've always been under the impression that was a sucker's game. Laser was really flippant about the read he gave on Vic, so I'm not going to give it the same weight you are.
First of all, the time stamps was related to Vic, not Laser. Second of all, you're doing that thing where you pretend to not be sure what's going on which = scum moody. IE scum moody does the "it looks like" thing. Third, what do you mean Laser is being flippant? His read on Vic hasn't changed. Fourth, why joke vote when there was a serious vote already on the table? FoS

Vicarin wrote:That doesn't make sense. You asked me for my reasoning, then I gave it, then you scum read me. If my reasoning was fair, why scum read me after I gave it?
Not a single word of my reasoning was related to your explanation. My reasoning was entirely based on your intro post. So are you lying or just not actually reading? This doesn't look good for you.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:06 am UTC

@BoomFrog: Well, given the description of where the Sash starts in the OP, I could definitely see the Indie starting with the Sash in a 7-2-1 setup. It's definitely a random way of initially distributing the Sash (because all the roles are randomly distributed), and yet, also not really random. I think it's entirely possible for him to want to go against the crowd if he's got some sweet abilities that require keeping the Sash on himself.

Oh, I think he's at least somewhat serious, as he was in Stellaris. He's just being incredibly overblown in how certain he is about various things.

Zenii wrote:
Vicarin wrote:That doesn't make sense. You asked me for my reasoning, then I gave it, then you scum read me. If my reasoning was fair, why scum read me after I gave it?
Not a single word of my reasoning was related to your explanation. My reasoning was entirely based on your intro post. So are you lying or just not actually reading? This doesn't look good for you.


I looked over it, saw the reasoning was about the same quality as your first post accusing me of being scum in Stellaris, and then mostly ignored it. If you think that it doesn't look good for me though, what about you posting your reasoning without taking into account my answers to your initial question? Did you not read my answer before accusing me of being scum?

User avatar
Zenii
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Zenii » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:17 am UTC

What is it that you're not getting. Jim asked me about a specific post, which I deem null. It has no relation to why the reasoning I presented. Null tell + scum tell = scum. Nice attempt at a quick post though.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:29 am UTC

Ah, I see, fair enough.

What do you think about Mark now?

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:22 am UTC

Zenii wrote:Laser Related

LaserGuy wrote:I think the questions he asked in pregame are strongly towntelling and I think him attempting a fake townslip is outside of his scum range at this point.


Vic is entirely capable of asking those questions as scum. Why are you assuming he has the theory of mind of a duck?


Well, if it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck...

Your case is mostly NAI stuff that is standard Vicarin
So what is it: NAI or "Strongly towntelling"?


The posts in the confirmation phase are strongly towntelling; his first game post is mostly NAI. We are referencing different posts that have different information content in them.

You recognize that Vic is just Vic, yet you're town reading him? You're not actually scumhunting. I think you're likely just using your knowledge of whose town to make up reads. Also, if Vic is town for being Vic, why haven't you town read me for my being Zen?


I'm not townreading him for being Vic; I'm townreading him for being Town!Vic. I am more confident in my meta of him than I am of you (though I do think you're more likely Town than not).

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:40 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Do you mean that the person with the sash should claim every day? Because that... could actually work pretty well.
I'm not opposed to people claiming who has the sash, but somebody's going to have to walk me through why it's more beneficial to town than scum.


If the position of the sash is known and the next person is expected to claim, then it creates a situation where we have a pseudo watcher result on the person with the sash that is in some way verifiable. If someone that is scum acquires the sash and refuses to disclose it, they suddenly end up being at risk if someone steals the sash from them, they're also simultaneously outed. For a variety of reasons due to the mechanics of the sash it isn't a perfect system, but I'm not sure there's a huge benefit to Town to keep it hidden if there's a risk it could mess with our night results and/or if people are focusing their targeting on trying to capture the sash rather than find scum.

User avatar
LaserGuy
Posts: 4585
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:43 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Very rough initial and likely to change groupings:
Town: Vicarin, Mark, LaserGuy(?), Zenii (is Zen - I don't know what scum Zenii looks like, but this is entirely reasonably Zenii play), plytho(?)
Scum: moody (for giving a NAI read on Mark for this "brain fart" - this doesn't seem well thought through)
Insufficient data: wam, mpolo, BoomFrog

Vote: moody


Can you explain your moody read in a bit more detail? Why do you think him not finding Mark's comment as alignment indicative is scummy?

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby wam » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:44 am UTC

Sorry for not playing yet. I was a little bit worse to wear yesterday! Catchingup now. I think I'm one of the few with flavour knowledge?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:02 am UTC

LaserGuy wrote:Can you explain your moody read in a bit more detail? Why do you think him not finding Mark's comment as alignment indicative is scummy?
Sure. Essentially, it boils down to moody being non-committal about his opinion on Mark. Scum!moody won't want to label him as town if he can avoid it, because that would prevent him pushing a mislynch on one of the more inexperienced (and therefore likely lynchable) players. Mark's question and retraction may be a brain fart from town!Mark, but specifically the retraction makes little sense coming from scum!Mark. I don't think he's at the experience level yet whereby he would fake it as scum, and as pointed out, he can't have been coached to do it: scum!Mark, in my opinion is more likely to realise the information gain for scum and leave the question to be answered, only going oops after the answer was posted. This means that the comments plausibly come from town!Mark, but not scum!Mark, ergo it is not NAI. (I'm ignoring indie!Mark here because depending on his objective, either side of the argument could apply)

@moody - please explain what you disagree with in the above.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:02 am UTC

EBWOP: I'm almost at work so will reply to the rest later on.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Plytho is a jerk for reasons I will explain after plytho reacts.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is this based on your Mark-Indie-Sash-Cangila theory?

Jimbob is making sense I agree with him on Mark and moody.

LaserGuy wrote:plytho is pinging me at the moment so I think I'll vote there for now.
Anything in particular?

Mark_Cangila wrote:Scum will know if both scum are PRs tonight, so they can guess all town are PRs.
How do you know there are two scum?

plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Mark's question and retraction is weird. He's at just the right level of experience that it being a brain fart is a likely possibility. Because of that, I'm not going to assign an alignment lean on it.
Can you explain this reasoning?
moody7277 wrote:@plytho & jimbob: What I'm figuring on Mark is that someone with less experience might not feel comfortable in asking a question, while someone with more experience would work though the problem before asking it.
That's not really an explanation of your reasoning.

Here's the three steps of your reasoning:
1 Mark's question and retration is weird.
2 He's at a certain level of experience making it a likely brain fart.
3 Because of that I'm not going to assign an alignment lean.

You just repeated part 2 but didn't explain how 3 follows from 1 and 2.

Zenii wrote:
@Zenii, why is plytho a 5 unlike every other townie player?
Also instinct. Just seems like he hasn't been scum in a while. I have high doubts about it though. I always have doubts about plytho.
This makes me happy :D
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:58 am UTC

Does scum win the sash as a team or is everyone competing individually?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:49 pm UTC

Vicarin wrote:I'm pretty sure scum would figure it out, and so making sure that you don't accidentally leak information would be better in the future? Also, I'm scummy for publically pointing out info that's useful for scum? Come on, you can do better than that.

I mean, if your logic held and you're a VT who can't target, you know that she isn't going to answer yes. If she answers yes, scum clearly wouldn't be able to draw good information from it in that case, because your logic must have been incorrect anyway. So there's be no reason to worry. But you worried, so here we are.

The vote on you was during RVS. Also, as a VT I would be worried. Why was I not able to hold the sash?

@plytho: I think there are two scum because 7-2-1 seems likely, with indie having sash.

On that note, I don't want to move the sash to someone because it creates a complication in town strategy. I am pro sash holder claiming though.

User avatar
Vicarin
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Vicarin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:02 pm UTC

Weird, you were anti Sash claim last page, and haven't given any indication of why that would change.

Your vote on me was also preceded by a small bit of (bad) reasoning, so I don't think a RVS excuse really cuts it.

You know what?

Vote: Mark_Cangila

Indie with Sash seems like it makes the most sense right now.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:14 pm UTC

I changed because I was convinced that knowing the person with the sash allows us a free watcher on them.

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:21 pm UTC

I don't like Zenii's style this game. However, having been scum with him last game, I can't see Zenii being scum.

I don't like BF though. He is working too closely to Zen and his bold statement feel off to me. He only makes those sort of statements when he gambits, but he hasn't gambited yet this game.

Unvote:Vicarin
Vote: Boomfrog

@boom: what are you lying about?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:42 pm UTC

@Zen: 1. Your initial reaction about Laser was based on when he made his confirmation post. 3. Flippant meaning that the post Laser gives his "read" is a single line after one post by Vic after the official start of game. 4. Just because you decide there will be no RVS, does not mean the rest of us can't indulge.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@moody - please explain what you disagree with in the above.


The reasoning on Mark looks solid, so the only thing I disagree with is me being scum.

@plytho: It's as much of an explanation of my reasoning that I went through. I figured the experience level was a bigger driving factor than alignment for what Mark did. jimbob put up a more detailed proof that shows Mark is town, which I'm happy with.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:53 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:I figured the experience level was a bigger driving factor than alignment for what Mark did.
Are you saying you're unable to look beyond Mark's experience level to find alignment indicators?

Did you only evaluate the question-retraction event or consider the content and the reasoning behind the question?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:He only makes those sort of statements when he gambits, but he hasn't gambited yet this game.
How do you know he hasn't?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:43 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Plytho is a jerk for reasons I will explain after plytho reacts.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is this based on your Mark-Indie-Sash-Cangila theory?

No, it's based on what believe you were thinking about the sash and indy claiming. Why did you say they should both claim, and what do you actually think would happen to the indy?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:48 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:@boom: what are you lying about?

You are missing some context I think, which is that Zen and I had an amazing rapport in crossover. We want to have fun together again. So you should probably take me as seriously as you do Zenii this game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby Mark_Cangila » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:11 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Mark_Cangila wrote:He only makes those sort of statements when he gambits, but he hasn't gambited yet this game.
How do you know he hasn't?

Let me reword that. He hasn't visibly gambited.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Brooklyn 99 Mafia: Halloween Heist - Day 1 - A-Sashin's Creed

Postby plytho » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:13 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:Let me reword that. He hasn't visibly gambited.
Why do you think BoomFrog is lying about something?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests