Every year, the detectives and civillian employees of the 99th Precinct compete to steal an object in an attempt to determine who is the ultimate human / genius. This year, Captain Holt banned collusion: it must truly be every person for themself, or you'll face the ire of everyone else and be locked into the interrogation room.
Of course, when it comes to the Heist, nobody can be trusted to play by the rules: not even Captain Raymond Holt. But this Halloween, the staff of the nine nine will attempt to be in possession of the nominated object by midnight, while trying to sniff out any signs of collusion.
That said, once the ceremonial kick-off has started, all bets are off.
- Mods: Madge, Sabrar
- Size: 10
- Speed: Day Phase lasts 5 days, with weekends counting as halftime. Night Phase 48 hours. Nights will end early if chatters are finished and all actions are received.
- Bastardry: Very low; some roles may have hidden mechanics but the mods will not lie.
- No posting in the game thread unless you are playing in it.
- No talking about this game except in the game thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread
- No player may read discussion spoilers about this game until they are dead.
- No editing your posts. For any reason. At any time.
- Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. Consideration will be given for weekends.
- Players lurking excessively will be replaced or, if replacement is not possible, modkilled. See above.
- Any player who is modkilled for rule violations (not lurking) will automatically lose.
- You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night once a mod posts a day-end post (this will not be before the official deadline, but knowing Madge could be quite a bit after it), or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not a mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
- You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
- You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
- This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behaviour towards other players will not be tolerated.
- In general, days will last for 5 days. Nights will last for 2 days, or until all night actions are finished. Weekends will count as half time.
- Adjustments will be made to accommodate holidays, or for other reasons if the mod deems it necessary.
- In-thread deadline announcements from the mod override these rules.
- Requests for extensions will be considered in exceptional circumstances only.
- Deadlines are 'soft', meaning that posting and voting may continue after the deadline until the mod calls night.
- Remember there is no talking after a hammer vote is cast.
- Votes and questions for the mod must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:
You do NOT have to unvote to change votes, but it makes things easier and will be very much appreciated if you do. You can unvote in bold and on a new line, like this:
- When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are automatically executed and it becomes night, as above. Posting content after the hammer vote is not allowed, even if the hammer vote was accidental.
- If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes when the mod calls night will be executed.
- If the votals are tied, then the person who hit the tied number of votes first will be executed, unless all players are voting solely for the tied players, in which case there will be no execution.
- You can vote not to execute anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch” or "NE" or “No Execution”. “No Execution” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results, except that "No Execution" always wins ties.
- You’re alive until you are hammered, or a mod declares that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
- Once you die, you may no longer post content in this thread. You may post death flavour or a ‘Bah! You killed me,’ post that reveals no information.
Private Message rules:
- You must include the mods in any PM you send related to this game.
- You can ask the mods questions by PM (at any time) if you'd rather not ask in thread.
- No PMing other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it.
- Any night actions must be sent by PM before the end of the night period. They can also be sent during the day prior if you would like. If sent as part of a factional chat, please indicate the action in bold on a new line, as with voting. If you don’t do this and we miss your action, tough.
- You can send backup actions but don't make the conditions too complicated.
- All chat is nightchat.
Heist and other miscellaneous rules:
- Our main goal was to create an exciting game, balance was attempted but is not promised
- Possessing the Sash at the end of the game is an additional win equivalent to the standard goal, not just a secondary win-con
- At the end of the game, all the other players have to declare the Sash holder "the ultimate human/genius"
- Having the Sash gives you immunity to many actions but does not protect against any kill or the daily execution
- Generally Sash moves around if the current owner is targeted during the night but there can be exceptions
- Sash starts with a 'random' player for a given value of random
- Scum has false-claims
- Town win condition is "You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive."
- Heist ability description is "Heist: If you target a player who possesses the Sash, you might get to steal it from them."
- Alignment, powers, and rolenames don't relate at all
- Flavour is just for fun, is unlikely to contain useful or damning information
Game Setup: This setup is closed.
zenii- eliminated N4
Vicarin- voted off D4
moody7277 bessie- eliminated N4
wam somitomi- voted off D3
plytho- voted off D1
LaserGuy- eliminated N2
Jimbobmacdoodle- voted off D2