Crossover Mafia | Game!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: and when do you expect to share that name with us?
Probably in Gojoe after he's nightkilled :roll:

Oh, hi Znirk, you seem to have dropped of the scumdars but you're lurking with the best of them.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:55 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@BoomFrog: and when do you expect to share that name with us?

D2, or what plytho said.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Znirk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:29 pm UTC

Brief check-in. I've been trying to skim along on phone, but there's a lot going on here. My choice of lynchables to follow in ... a couple of hours, maybe?

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:45 pm UTC

Gamma: Mostly because you have slipped under the radar and it reminds me of our last game.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:04 pm UTC

Fell asleep while typing up reads lists and now there's two new pages hehe.

I'll go a head and post the bare bones. I'm still working on the reasoning post. I also need to look over Ryu again to make sure he's scum. George would really like your help figuring out Ryu. I recall you being able to read him pretty well. I'm going to get coffee and finish up my post in a bit.


Good Guys:
#HBC | Zyth
Evil George Washington
BoomFrog
Maven89
plytho
Frozenflame
Sabrar

Cool With:
Peaceful Whale
mpolo
Gamma Emerald
Bessie

h_a:
heuristically_alone

Need More/Lynch Worthy:
Dark Horse
Znirk
moody7277

Indy Bad Guys:
Madge
SirGabriel

Bad Guys:
(Red Ryu)
Spak
jimbobmacdoodle


Right now I would lynch: Dark Horse >>> Jim = Spak > Ruy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:17 pm UTC

@bessie: I'm very disappointed that you still didn' react to my ping here. Also, who is your D1 tunnel? It would appear to be plytho based on your extensive interaction with him but he's not low enough in your list. Are time issues your only problem?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 pm UTC

Current tally:

Code: Select all

Red Ryu         9
Moody           7
Gamma Emerald   7
SirGabriel      4
Dark Horse      4
Spak            4
jimbob          3
BoomFrog        2
Maven           1

Not contributing: Spak, Frozenflame, heuristically_alone, Peaceful Whale, bessie, Dark Horse, Znirk, Madge, SirGabriel

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@plytho: I agree, logistically we are not going to get Sir G lynched today, we are too close to deadline. However, ignoring the logistics it is superior to a regular lynch because the two outcomes are, lynch scum or misslynch town and Sir G. But to reiterate, it's not going to happen today, it's too awkward to organize this late.
I don't think we agree. Can you walk me through how you'd organize this with more time available?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
Gamma Emerald wrote:
Maven89 wrote:Gamma Emerald: Done almost nothing, only noticeable post is to directly rolefish Madge. Scum, I want to lynch.

Directly rolefish? I just wanted to know how worth our time it was to activate their powers. If it was just one shot for each I wasn't going to waste my time with it.
In other words, you wanted to know how strong the powers are. That's what rolefishing is.

Your read on Spak is light but I like that you're not taking the easy way of voting for moody or Red Ryu.

Still:

unvote

Vote: Gamma Emerald

It's the strongest lead I have currently, I wouldn't call it light. And yeah, I wanted to know about the usages to determine whether I cared to use my vote to activate the powers. I guess that may be "rolefishing" but I wasn't trying to get them to completely out their role, just determining whether the investment was worthwhile. Now if you were to accuse me of trying to determine how much of a threat Madge was that would make more sense but it still has the issue of me not asking about specific powers.
@EGW: I've slipped UTR because I haven't been posting lolwut
And last game I think I was more cagey.
Zyth's reads are a bit wacky to me. He says Ryu, Spak, and Jim are his bad guys, but wants to lynch DH first?

User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Gamma Emerald » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 pm UTC

BTW why are people scumreading moody and jimbob?

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Znirk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 pm UTC

Well, crap. I just literally fell asleep while rereading. I'm going to have to go with unsubstantiated impressionism for this post between my nap and actual bedtime.

Going by Sabrar's unofficial votals, the current top three vote accumulators are Red Ryu, Moody, and Gamma Emerald. I'm OK with any of these people being lynched. Out of those three I've noticed Moody the least I think, so in my current state I'd prefer Red Ryu or Emerald gone.

Sir Gabriel's claim paints a target on him. I find him lynchable but not urgent.

Dark Horse wise, I'd prefer mod action to having to actively kill him off.

Out of the remaining players the scummiest vibes I'm getting are coming off Boomfrog.

I'm OK with Madge getting activated. Actually, let's see if we can get this going:

vote: Madge

And yes, there is an element of me not committing to firm opinions with this vote. This game did get away from me for a bit. Sorry, I promise to be good tomorrow (referring to literal tomorrow more than D2).

I have ... maybe half an hour, 45 minutes of useful consciousness here, if anybody has a specific question to me?

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

Gamma Emerald wrote:It's the strongest lead I have currently, I wouldn't call it light. And yeah, I wanted to know about the usages to determine whether I cared to use my vote to activate the powers. I guess that may be "rolefishing" but I wasn't trying to get them to completely out their role, just determining whether the investment was worthwhile. Now if you were to accuse me of trying to determine how much of a threat Madge was that would make more sense
That's exactly what I'm doing when I say:
plytho wrote: you wanted to know how strong the powers are.

Gamma Emerald wrote: but it still has the issue of me not asking about specific powers.
Why on earth would that make it ok? You're still asking for info on the role, perhaps hoping for more details than you literally asked for.


Znirk wrote:Well, crap. I just literally fell asleep while rereading
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Fell asleep while typing up reads lists and now there's two new pages hehe.
The game seems to be taking it's toll :D
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 pm UTC

plytho: he thinks mpolo's claim is more likely town but then questions BoomFrog why it would be helpful (though he corrects himself). Meanwhile we get into a discussion about the scumminess of PW's joke. I disagree with him but I can see his pov, he apparently can't see mine until after a prolonged argument with bessie. I don't feel like he defended PW that much, though his change of heart on him is a bit too quick for my taste. Continues to question PW and seems to coach him as well.
I also refer everyone thinking I’m scummy for my early defense of PW to that post.
Pre-emptive defense again.
About here he begins to have a series of posts that are extremely good and on point, though I obviously don't agree with him throwing suspicion onto Madge, especially after he retracted his original concerns. His content today also looks to be in order.
Overall after an initial suspicion I'm leaning towards town currently but possibly only because his more recent content is fresh in my mind.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 pm UTC

@Zyth: Moody is about 70% chance to be scum. This is as confident as I get D1.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:25 pm UTC

At this point everyone should be voting one of Red Ryu, Moody, or Gamma Emerald. Those are the viable lynch targets and we need to get close to hammer soon. Any other vote is avoiding your townie duty and giving scum more control over the lynch. A townie voting randomly among those three is better then not voting.

@plytho, I'll discuss details with you D2, I don't want to bog down current discussion with side issues.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:28 pm UTC

Vote Count 1.9
Madge (3): Madge, SirGabriel, Znirk
BoomFrog (1): Spak
Red Ryu (2): jimbobmacdoodle, moody7277
jimbobmacdoodle (1): Frozenflame
SirGabriel (1): #HBC | Red Ryu
moody7277 (2): Sabrar, BoomFrog
Dark Horse (2): #HBC | Zyth, Evil George Washington
Gamma Emerald (3): Maven89, mpolo, plytho
Spak (1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (4): heuristically_alone, Bessie, Dark Horse, Peaceful Whale

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch!

Deadline Clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/basketball?iso=20170913T235959&p0=198&msg=D1+End&font=sanserif

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:36 pm UTC

Unvote; Vote: Moody

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 pm UTC

Well, seeing as no one has asked for votes but Madge...

Vote madge.

I really hope Madge is kinda telling the truth.

Edit: I misspelled vote, that's all I changed.
Last edited by Peaceful Whale on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:54 pm UTC

Peace Whale I want you to vote Moody with me.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

Dark Horse should really be the lynch today. The mod has insisted, INSISTED, that we lynch those who do not post. The fact that he (YOLO) is aware that Dark Horse has not posted and not willing to give us any update regarding the situation is a strong indicator that Dark Horse's silence is mechanic related. If we do not lynch Dark Horse today, this is likely going to have a negative consequence on us.

We need to stop going for the immediate reward pleasure of seeing a scum flip and instead play in a way that optimizes our chance for victory.

Also jim (who is scum) arguing against a Dark Horse lynch really doesn't sit well.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 pm UTC

@Whale, do not let George lead you astray. Vote Dark Horse with me, and together we shall rule the galaxy save the town.

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 pm UTC

I like ruling the galaxy better... but I'm going to wait a little bit. But you to fighting has generated good content for Sabar latter in the game. :D
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Sabrar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:14 pm UTC

@Zen: why would the mod say that he prodded DH if it was mechanic related? That would be bastardry imo.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:15 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:Dark Horse should really be the lynch today. The mod has insisted, INSISTED, that we lynch those who do not post. The fact that he (YOLO) is aware that Dark Horse has not posted and not willing to give us any update regarding the situation is a strong indicator that Dark Horse's silence is mechanic related.
The fact that yolo said dark horse was prodded is a strong indicator that his silence is not mechanic related. Unless the mods would lie about that?

Ninja by Sabrar with the same point.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 pm UTC

There's not much support for Dark Horse right now. Don't listen to him, Peace Whale. Join me.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:20 pm UTC

@plythar

Perhaps DH must be required to post elsewhere. There's no way to say. But I don't think Yolo has ever made such an explicit comment like that in his OPs before. It is too much of a coincidence for it not to be related to the game.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 pm UTC

It could be that marshy felt like not prodding him would reveal just as much info, since we were asking for the prod. Again, there's no way to determine what the case is one way or the other.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm UTC

George how long are you going to continue playing anti-town? Is this the new style you were talking about? Being anti-town?

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:27 pm UTC

I really don't see Zyyh's logic jump from Dark Horse's silence is mechanic related to Dark Horse has a negative effect on us. I also disagree with the idea that taking him out now is in any way helpful to town, above lynching someone whose interactions we can review for useful info (especially if they flip scum).

@Zyth - I'm not the only one arguing against Dark Horse's lynch. What do you think about what others are saying? Also, why am I scum (phone posting, too much effort to look back to see if you explained this somewhere)? And how is EGW playing anti-town?

I've been flipping between moody and Gamma Emerald as my preferred lynch target. Neither look great. Red Ryu's content has taken a significant positive upswing, so I no longer want him lynched.

Unvote
Vote moody

He was the one who stuck out before I got around to rereading Gamma Emerald. I'm going to try to find a bit of time tomorrow to reread these two for the umpteenth time. I'll also be looking to see who is on each wagon to see who I trust more and who might be trying to protect their scum buddy.

@Peaceful Whale, the lynch looks likely to be between moody and Gamma Emerald. You should reread both of them and decide which you like the least, and vote for one of them. If you really can't decide, and think Madge can be trusted, voting her is okay, but not great.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby plytho » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 pm UTC

#HBC | Zyth wrote:@plythar

Perhaps DH must be required to post elsewhere. There's no way to say. But I don't think Yolo has ever made such an explicit comment like that in his OPs before. It is too much of a coincidence for it not to be related to the game.

The exact same rule is in the last Overswarm
game on smashboards.com. I should be sleeping so I can't check whether it is related to mechanic there. Not liking this, Zen.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:@plythar

Perhaps DH must be required to post elsewhere. There's no way to say. But I don't think Yolo has ever made such an explicit comment like that in his OPs before. It is too much of a coincidence for it not to be related to the game.

The exact same rule is in the last Overswarm
game on smashboards.com. I should be sleeping so I can't check whether it is related to mechanic there. Not liking this, Zen.

oh cool fair nuff

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:53 pm UTC

I don't have a scum read rn - come on, it's D1!

To enable hammer I will vote the vote leader in about 24 hours and keep an eye on the thread to change to wheover might be hammered.

If the wagons don't get more plump in the next 12 hours or so I'd encourage people to remove their votes from me and vote on someone who is near the top of the votals. I'm feeling a bit panicked that people are dropping votes on me rather than trying to get us to like L-3 at least.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 pm UTC

I do think that if DH isn't replaced by end of D1 we need to lynch him, no 'let the mod deal with it' business, because he isn't dealt with by then.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 am UTC

Ordered from strongest town to strongest scum.


Good Guys:

Evil George Washington
EGW is always very easy to read when he's not mafia. I don't think I really need to go into this read.

BoomFrog
Ever since entering the game, Boom's thoughts have consistently aligned with my own, many of which I have/had not shared. I'm really surprised that so many players find him scummy or suspicious, because I don't see it.

Maven89
I don't think I really need to go into this one much either since it's been stated a number of times in other players' reads list. Maven is solid.

plytho
Was in in the following section until his last post about what would happen once SirG reached L-1. I had back up plans (the last resort, hammering him myself), but I was a bit surprised no one else brought this up. This was sort of an epiphany post for me regarding plytho. I think he is really scum hunting as he's been pointing out many things that other have not. Although it could be that scum!plytho brought up the hammer point as a way to get scumBud!Ruy out of that situation. If I recall, plytho has been sort of iffy on his Ruy read. Don't really care to look into it at this point though.

Frozenflame
At around his 3rd/4th post, whichever one he made his lynch pile in, I really started to feel like we were on the same wave length. I'm really digging his reads and have liked pretty much every post he's made since then. I think the only read we disagree on is Whale, but that's understandable. He was the first to make points about Jim, which I'm giving many Boom town points for.

Sabrar
Sabrar rang town to me in his first few posts and the fact that he had explanations for the behavior that I found weird at first. I feel like he's mostly been sidelining the game though. I keep thinking he's doing more than he actually is. His play makes sense as mafia if there are indeed two scum teams. I get the suspicion that he's doing all of his scum hunting inside chat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Mostly just think it's paranoia though based on the way he posts. Kind of just sticking to this read for now, because I don't see him as an early game play regardless. Edit: Also his Boom read doesn't feel genuine. This is probably the most suspicious thing I get from him. His Frozen read seemed pretty fake as well.


-I will have to reevaluate Sabrar and Frozen at some point if the game progesses that far, because I think they are both capable of posting in a way that appeals to people as scum.-

-BoomFrog and Frozen are like psychic. Sometimes I seriously suspect they are mind reading.-



Cool With:

Peaceful Whale.
Came off town to me pretty quickly after my vote. I really liked how he reached to Sabrar as a life vest here:

"Holy ficken crap... Zen, seriously... oh well. I don't really care. Sabar care to talk him out of it? Does it matter? I don't think it does, if he wants to vote me then let him."

I feel like if he were scum, he would have reacted in chat in a manner like this and made a more composed post out in the open.

Future Note: Sabrar & Whale incompatible as buddies.

mpolo
Good reads list.

Gamma Emerald
I liked this line: "I would have if he had shown he could do it, but he was not acknowledging the main issue I saw."

I see this as coming from a sort of a cooperative, back-and-forth, figuring things out together type of play style. He's shown this to be a part of his play style a number of times by asking the general crowd about things rather than just looking into them himself.

I think that his role fishing is really just due to the his forum culture. It reminds me of how epic mafia players tend to play on forum mafia. Since they are used to open set-ups and role-based lynching, they tend to be more open about role claims in forum mafia. I myself am also pretty care free when it comes to player's roles, so I just don't see it as malicious.

Ninja Edit:
Gamma Emerald wrote:Zyth's reads are a bit wacky to me. He says Ryu, Spak, and Jim are his bad guys, but wants to lynch DH first?

t++ for attacking the only person that considers him an ally. Lack of survivor attitude.

Bessie
I'd like to see where she picks up, especially with regard to jimbob. Also curious to see what she disliked about Boom and plytho calling out Whale's claim. I honestly haven't seen anything from her that has given me a strong town vibe, but I haven't felt like her posts are malicious either. I think how she ends up voting throughout the game is going to give the best indication of her alignment. Ninja Edit #564, pg. 15: Still hasn't explained why she disliked Boom/plytho's call out. Just has an unwarranted "pissed off" reaction. How are they role fishing? Was hoping she'd utilize her time to go more in depth on her "interesting" reads. Negative reaction from this post overall. If any of the people higher up on this list are scum, this is where I would wager.



h_a:

heuristically_alone
Boom made a good point here:
BoomFrog wrote:heuristically_alone - Alien logic is hard to follow. (That's a meta read, h_a has proven his thought patterns simply don't follow the same paths as mine. He jumps to odd conclusions, and reacts in odd ways.)
heuristically_alone wrote:The issue is more of I thought of stating in my initial post to zen that it was kinda scummy, but worried that could make me look scummy, so didn't. And then get told I am scum for assuming he is town. Actually makes me laugh a little.

I actually like this post. I think scum h_a would have not said this out loud because he'd think it would reveal scummy thinking.


I also really liked how quickly he started pointing things out (about me) on the first page. Makes me feel like he wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty or step on anyone's toes. His analysis/defense of PW's play felt natural as well. I don't need to reiterate the suspicious parts of his play.



Need More/Lynch Worthy:
Dark Horse
Yolo probably hasn't noticed that DH needs replacing. If he has and is just ignoring us, then I'm down to lynch today. Needs to go. The mod insisted that we lynch lurkers. I don't think it should be ignored. Edit: Sabrar confirmed that marshy is indeed aware. Edit Edit: plytho has confirmed that the lynch lurkers thing is a general OS rule. I guess we just wait on this slot for now.

Znirk
Only 3 posts? T_______________________________T

Moody7277
¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Indy Bad Guys:

Madge
Her posts are really loose and feel genuine. For example, her use of the term "half jester" doesn't seem like something self-conscious scum would use. Edit: Originally had Madge in town category. Moved her down here. These two lines raise huge red flags:

1. "I'm not on board with lynching SirG (definitely not with being the hammerer), but that's mostly because Around Here indies tend to be relatively harmless and/or broadly pro-town. Does OS tend to have "dangerous indies" in their games."

This is scummy for four reasons (please reread her post as you go through each of these):

i. The threat of indies in OS games has been made abundatly clear. I reminded players of this on the very page we were discussing the SirG lynch, so I doubt she missed it.
ii. It is illogical, and thus likely convoluted, reasoning. It would be like saying "I'm ok with children playing with guns, but mostly because I play with nerf guns".
iii. This is the first time Madge has shown investment in anything other than her role. This strongly indicates that she has an agenda related to this.
iv. When people use words like "mostly" to explain their reasoning, it often indicates that they are forcing the argument. She understands that her reasoning is false, but is posting it anyway. (Side note: This is why jimbom is such a strong scum read for me as well, as you'll see below. I also think it is why players have a difficulty readying moody, because he naturally uses language like this a lot).

2. "Thanks Plytho for your post about Red Ryu and vote - I agree it's mighty suspicious how I'm being tunnelled on and at least one other person is getting into their head that I might have claimed or in any way implied to be indie."

This is so random and agenda-y. The point of this post was to defend her actions, but she's doing it indirectly and omgus-like. Just feels unnatural how she addresses plytho for this. I think this post brings together why she was invested in promoting the indies-are-good idea in the above post.

BTW I did think it was weird that she left it open as to whether or not she was town in her inital claim post, as if she were waiting on the reactions to her claim to decide whether or not she should go through with her full (indy) claim or claim town.

SirGabriel
We'll see how the night goes. @SirG make me double voter and make jim your target :)



Bad Guys:

Red Ryu
FrozenFlame wrote:
#HBC | Zyth wrote:Sweet, Ryu is scum.

What's pinging you? The myopic policy lynch advocacy on madge? The light buddying of you me and spak? Fear mongering us Dgamers by trying to suggest we always let indies slide and get bit in the ass later?


Everything this, and more!

1.
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:I gotta go will read up on Boomfrog when I get back. I don't know how many indies DGames has been boned by before they realize all indie claims should die.

Whale is goofy town.
Feel good about Zen and FF, possibly Spak as well.

I do not at all believe Ruy was able to gain these reads over a 30 minute skim! I don't know for what possible reason he could have had me as town at that point in the game.

@Ruy: What possible reason could you have had me as town at that point in the game?

I also think his Spak read is completely made up. Spak has done zero zip nada nothing! This is such a far fetched and random user to id as town. This comes off to me as one of scum's pick-n-choose type of reads.

2.
Can someone help me on mobile grabbing what Frog did in regards to the Indy claim?

Fake hunting. Town would want to investigate into the context of Boom's posts on his own. Ruy here is just looking for some post to skim and make a conclusion over.

3. Clearly skimmed Madges post, assumed she was indy, and pushed for her lynch without looking into it further. Let's say that Ruy was town!Ruy skimming to try and catch up. I still believe he would actually take more thorough look at those he's pushing to lynch. This shows to me that Ruy doesn't have a townie's aversion to mislynching.

There's many things I could go into about Ruy's posts, but I think these are sufficient enough to explain the overall nature of his game. I also feel like some of his recent posts are being guided by mates, because they take on a different tone despite the fact that he's still clearly not caught up.

Spak
Spak's first and second post pinged me as awkward initially. They seemed like he was just trying to produce content, but not actually trying to figure things out. He was just responding to things. He's shown no scum hunting intent behind his posts.

His third post, the one where he votes BoomFrog, is what really caught my eye though. The myopic nature of his post is out of line with the mindset of a townie. By myopic, I mean that Boom was the only player he brought up in that post. There were so many things going on at that point. This is such a post-heavy game with lots of exciting routes to explore. Spack lacks the inquisitive nature that such an environment should bring about. It is as I said before with Red Ryu's Spak read; Spak's Boom read is pick-n-choosy, not a read that naturally comes about through townie exploration.


jimbobmacdoodle
1. "bessie - her one post is pretty standard bessie style. I like what she point out about Zyth (pointing out own townieness, assuming one scum team), and to a lesser extent about PeacefulWhale (repeatedly emphasising his newbie status, similar to his previous game where he was scum)."

The bolded is such a convoluted thing to say, and I can only see it coming from a scum mindset (town players in tunnel mode also do things like this, but that's not relevant here). What does this even mean? Town do not make statements like this. They can like something, dislike something, and be unsure of something, but there's no value in medium-liking something. Convoluted statements like these indicate that jim is scissor-cutting and piecing together a pseudo-read rather than genuinely feeling out bessie.

2. "In your case, it was a little more subtle, and although it definitely could be coming from a townie, it could also be an attempt to subtly impress on other players the idea that you are definitely town, if they aren't thinking critically enough."

The bolded is an absurd assumption. This is sort of similar to what I pointed out with Madge. jimbob know's that his reasoning falls apart and uses an absurd assumption to justify it. Town has no reason to force an argument like this. I myself have caught myself typing up a point, realizing it doesn't hold, and just deleting it. Scum jim needs to post content though, so he couldn't afford to abandon it.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:12 am UTC

EGW are you saying lynch Dark Horse D1 or D2. Because if you're saying D1 the time to decide is now.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Evil George Washington
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:04 am UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:21 am UTC

I don't think we'll have the support for it now. I think D2 is a good time, or hopefully a vig targets him.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:@Zyth: Moody is about 70% chance to be scum. This is as confident as I get D1.
I believe it.

I'd much rather lynch one of the other three I posted, but I have no reason to fight a Moody lynch. If it comes down to it, I'll support it over Gamma.

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:30 am UTC

Vote: jimbobmacdoodle

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 am UTC

Whale, take my hand (and vote jim).

User avatar
#HBC | Zyth
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm UTC

Re: Crossover Mafia | D1 Begins! | 9/13

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 am UTC

George you too.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests