MMM II - Day 3: The Massacre at Munroe High

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:42 pm UTC

Quick late-night phone post. Mine said chemistry lab. The reason I believe Matt might have accepted an invite was that he was found dead in another room. Since it's pretty clear that a room is specified, my theory is that he was invited to the biology lab. Obviously, I have nothing to prove this. Also, I fully expect some locations to change each night, otherwise this would be too easy.

Of course, it's possible Matt successfully saved someone (or the standard mafia kill failed for some reason) and an SK bumped off Matt, and that the mafia NK has nothing to do with invites (or I could just be plain wrong!). More tomorrow, including thoughts on claims, and maybe a vote analysis for D1, if nobody else gets there first.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Madge » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:56 pm UTC

@Sabrar: my invite power was not one shot, it was infinite shot, it is just only successful once

I didn't specify a location, and my "your invite got accepted!" message didn't either, other than that it was somewhere dark (and the power was out, soooo...)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Carlington » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:09 am UTC

I'm willing to claim that my target has claimed accepting, and that the location given matches. However, I don't know for sure that my target was town, so I'm apprehensive to claim who it was lest I give information to scum.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:21 am UTC

Well, I don't know what to say. I would wager that mpolo is scum trying to oust me, but if so, they are doing an awful job of it. So my best bet is that something is screwing with his cop power. Either I'm a secret miller, or someone switched targets with me. I'm also a bit dubious, as it seems most active powers seem to require the use of a note, which I did not receive. I don't know why town|mpolo would lie about me.

Sabrar - With this being a high school and all, with one confirmed note giver, did you really think that would be the only one? And yes, we could get information from town notes, but if scum are sending notes as well, is it really worth the risk? I'm not saying it's a no-brainer, just worth a thought.

I was already suspicious of you, and you have done nothing to change that. Your FOS on generalz was noted, I just didn't want to say anything until generalz had replied. I found the logic shaky at best.

Vote : Sabrar
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby moody7277 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:53 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@moody: please let us also know whether you have the ability to send notes and if you do whether you used your ability N1.


They're not notes, they're walkie-talkies that represent our mason chat. I send it to a person, and if they can use it (not everyone can) and accept, I know for sure they're town. I sent one to mpolo N1 because I knew he would be able to use it. How I knew is an exercise left to the reader.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:06 am UTC

@Carlington: you haven't told us whether you received any invites.

@Gopher of Pern: when matt claimed his power I was a bit surprised and doubtful. Furthermore nobody else even alluded to the fact that giving notes would be a common thing around here. So yes, I assumed that his ability was the only one that worked this way.

@jimbob: I don't think locations change from night to night as that would lead to a less fun experience in my opinion. Willing to claim more later about this. Therefore I also don't think matt's location is relevant in this case so I'm going to assume that scum doesn't need invitation to kill (that would kind of go against the basic nature of this game).

@Madge: as you don't plan to send another message I just put it down as 1-shot, but that part isn't really necessary so will leave it out.

@moody: please consider naming your other mason-buddy because if we really have multiple NK-s around then you and mpolo could both die tonight. Also just as an fyi, your ability seems to work along the same lines as the notes (walkie-talkies aside) so I will still include them in my table.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:59 am UTC

EBWOP

@mpolo: according to your result is Gopher of Pern actual Mafia, or is it possible that he's just an anti-town Indie?

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Znirk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:24 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@jimbob: I don't think locations change from night to night as that would lead to a less fun experience in my opinion. Willing to claim more later about this.

Please do, because I disagree with your opinion. In my view mafia games are about uncertainty and interpreting people's behaviour. Layering a logic puzzle (which location relates to which power?) on top of that would dilute the fun.

Sabrar wrote:Therefore I also don't think matt's location is relevant in this case so I'm going to assume that scum doesn't need invitation to kill (that would kind of go against the basic nature of this game).

I said earlier I was mildly amused by the idea of a scumkill-by-appointment. For the record, I don't think that's scum works in this game: I was thinking of a setup for a different game where town's wincon on top of destroying the mafia is to coordinate some plan via anonymous meetings, but they have to balance the prospect of progress towards their goal against a risk of meeting a killer instead.

Sabrar wrote:@moody: please consider naming your other mason-buddy because if we really have multiple NK-s around then you and mpolo could both die tonight.

Actually it seems I'm a bit fuzzy on the concept of masons. Why do you assume there's currently a third mason? Do they usually start already-teamed-up? And when you hear "mason", what's the usual win condition? Win with town, or subvert them entirely, or what?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:49 am UTC

Znirk wrote:Why do you assume there's currently a third mason?
mpolo wrote:but I was actually recruited into the mason group, with whom I now have chat. We were guaranteed explicitly in the "welcome" message in boldface that all members of the masons were town. One of my mason buddies is planning on revealing himself sooner or later today, and I can confirm him when that happens.


Znirk wrote:Do they usually start already-teamed-up?
Yes

Znirk wrote:And when you hear "mason", what's the usual win condition?
Normal masons are fully town, with same town win-condition as the rest, they just have additional ability to chat (and know that all mason-members are town).


Znirk wrote:Please do, because I disagree with your opinion.
Was waiting on this in case scum uses it as false claim but it's unlikely to happen.
Was invited to band room, interpreted it as being sent by matt (band member) obviously. Accepted the invitation.
Therefore it seems to me that locations are tied to archetypes, meaning they shouldn't change randomly.
I think having random locations and not being able to deduce where it came from introduces too much random element and paranoia into the game and makes it less fun. YMMV.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:13 pm UTC

My result said that the result of the investigation was "Mafia". (I hope that I reworded that enough to avoid quoting the PM — that M word was in the PM, but if I reword around it, I obfuscate the message.)
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:07 pm UTC

Bored again. If you don't want to see the same puppies over and over again, please feel free to post more.

Invite list
Spoiler:
Carlington: sent invite, accepted, location also claimed and checks out
dimochka: received invite, stairwell, accepted; can send 1-shot invite but did not
generalz: received invite, Boy's bathroom, declined; sent invite, accepted
Gopher of Pern: did not receive invite; can't send invite
jimbob: received invite, chemistry lab; can't send invite
Madge: did not receive invite; sent invite, accepted, somewhere dark
moody: did not receive invite; sent invite (walkie-talkie, confirmed by mpolo)
mpolo: received invite, Locker room, accepted -> Mason-group; can't send invite
Sabrar: received invite, band room, accepted; can't send any
Znirk: did not receive invite; can send invite but did not
Carlington wrote:I have absolutely no idea what those notes look like to the recipent, though, so I can't shed any light there.
Carlington wrote:and that the location given matches.
Why did you claim that you have no idea what the note would look like if you can verify the location?

4 players have sent invites (plus matt), 5 players claimed to have received them, unless Carlington also claims to have received one.

Possible pairings:
moody -> mpolo (confirmed by both)
matt -> Sabrar (fmpov true but no proof)
Carlington -> dimochka? (only other player who claimed accepting an invite with a location)
Madge -> would be jimbob or generalz but neither fit really well
generalz -> only jimbob remains

If Carlington confirms dimochka and generalz confirms jimbob then either Madge or generalz is lying about having accepted/declined the invite, assuming Madge sent it to generalz.
So evidently someone is lying and with full target-list and accepted/denied status we should be able to narrow down the field.

generalz
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:18 am UTC
Location: Central Europe

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby generalz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:52 pm UTC

Quick answer before leaving work,

@Sabrar: I can already tell you that I did NOT send the note to jimbob, so it can already help narrowing the possibilities without me revealing too much.

Sabrar wrote:Why did you claim that you have no idea what the note would look like if you can verify the location?

I will answer for Carlington (assuming all notes work the same way): on the sender side, it was only when the person accepted my invitation that it was specified where we met. On the recipient side, you know where you have to meet before accepting (though I don't know how it looks like when you accept).

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:29 pm UTC

I reiterate, at least 1 person is lying about their invite and if everyone would just claim their target/acceptance/location it would be child's play to reduce the possible liars from 10 to 2 (probably).

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:46 pm UTC

Puppies! Puppies everywhere!

Went back and re-read all of the claims. At least one of the players simply has to know that their claim contradicts that of their target's and it puzzles me why you would not reveal this (only possibility is that both of you are anti-Town and do not want to draw attention to yourself, in which case the others should all reveal everything and we can catch you anyway). Let's try this one more time, after that I have no idea how to proceed if you don't wish to cooperate:

@Carlington: did you receive any invites? If yes, please tell us whether you have accepted it.
@generalz: please claim who you sent your invite to. Without knowing your ability I do not see how this information can hurt.
@jimbob: please tell us whether you accepted the invite you received.
@Madge: please claim who you sent your invite to.
@all: if you see that someone contradicted your claim, please for the love of God let us know.

Spoiler:
Carlington wrote:
generalz wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Madge wrote:

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:47 pm UTC

Your spoilers aren't working.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 pm UTC

Those are empty quotes, intended to give a notification for the players involved.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:57 pm UTC

Knowledge in the hands of town is always useful, so I definitely agree with Sabrar that people should reveal their targets etc. Just to add that I didn't receive any information about what happened as a result of my accepting the invitation. Thought I mentioned already that I had accepted it, but apparently not.

---

Let's take a look at mpolo/moody etc. Should we trust their claim? Pending a third possible chat-buddy claim, we currently have two people mutually vouching for each other. I think it vanishingly unlikely that mpolo and moody are on different teams. However, there is the possibility of them both being scum in some manner. Potentially, mpolo is telling the truth about being recruited. However, this doesn't guarantee that he was recruited to a mason group - an alignment change is within the rules, so a cult recruit could be possible. Given that they are painting themselves as top town and therefore most likely kill targets, this seems unlikely though, assuming there's a killing faction in the game (we saw a kill last night, so that seems extremely likely) because one of them is likely to be killed tonight, and then the cult will be revealed, including at least one other living member. Mafia could have a recruit and a kill, but I feel like that would be a little overpowered, without some form of restriction. Therefore, the best ideas I can think of for why mpolo claimed that Gopher is scum is a) moody and mpolo are scum buddies with Gopher and decided to sacrifice one of their team in the hope of getting town credit, b) they are in league together as a neutral team of some kind, with a death wish, or d) mpolo is telling the truth. The latter is the most likely in my books. There is of course the additional possibility that redirection or similar is in play, as Gopher points out, but it feels unlikely to me.

---

I said I'd take a look at the votals next, so here I go. Spoilered is the full vote timeline for D1:
Spoiler:
jimbob votes generalz (joke)
Sabrar votes mpolo (joke)
moody votes Znirk (joke)
heuristically_alone votes Znirk (joke)
heuristically_alone unvotes Znirk
dimochka votes Sabrar (joke)
generalz votes jimbob (joke)
Sabrar unvotes, votes dimochka (joke) (last joke vote)

heuristically_alone votes Madge (giving scum good ideas)
jimbob unvotes
Sabrar unvotes
generalz unvotes
moody unvotes, votes heuristically_alone (scummy pings)
--- 24 hours to original deadline --- votals excluding jokes: Madge (heuristically_alone), heuristically_alone (moody)

mpolo votes heuristically_alone (posts feel "off")
jimbob votes adnapemit (lack of reads, aggression vs Sabrar)
Znirk votes adnapemit (scum vague-claiming-town-power-role)
dimochka unvotes
Sabrar votes adnapemit (train unlikely to be lead by scum)
adnapemit votes heuristically_alone (previous scum read)
dimochka votes adnapemit then unvotes following ninja, forcing extension
--- original deadline --- votals: adnapemit (jimbob, Sabrar, Znirk), heuristically_alone (moody, mpolo, adnapemit), Madge (heuristically_alone)

Sabrar unvotes
mpolo unvotes
Carlington votes mpolo (not sticking to his guns)
dimochka votes adnapemit (breaking tie)
adnapemit unvotes, votes matt (lurking)
Sabrar votes matt (odd statements)
Znirk unvotes, votes matt (unimpressed by Matt)
moody unvotes, votes matt (poor content)
--- matt's doctor claim, shortly before second deadline --- votals: adnapemit (jimbob, dimochka), Madge (heuristically_alone), matt (adnapemit, Sabrar, Znirk, moody), mpolo (Carlington)

Sabrar unvotes
Znirk unvotes
adnapemit unvotes
Gopher unvotes
Carlington unvotes
Gopher votes adnapemit (for vote on him out of scummy self-preservation)
moody unvotes
adnapemit votes dimochka (scummiest read), claims indie
Carlington votes mpolo (quiet, flying under the radar)
Sabrar votes adnapemit (most-likely anti-town, if indie)
Znirk votes adnapemit (not likely pro-town)
--- end of D1 --- votals: adnapemit (jimbob, dimochka, Gopher, Sabrar, Znirk), dimochka (adnapemit), mpolo (Carlington)
It is important to note that although adnapemit was not town, scum would have no way of knowing that, so we can treat her as town for the purpose of this analysis. Leading up to the original deadline, dimochka chose to unvote and keep a tie, rather than vote for either of the two lynch candidates. That might look bad if adnapemit had flipped scum, but since she didn't, it looks pretty good. Scum!Dimochka could have left his vote on her, and gone ahead with the lynch, knowing that it would be a successful mislynch. Znirk was the third person to vote matt, and therefore breaking the tie in favour of town, which doesn't look too great, but hardly damning on its own. Moody is similarly implicated for "sealing the deal" on matt. All of the voters for matt unvoted following his claim, so there's nothing particuarly worth analysing there. Given that at the time of the second deadline, the top two lynch candidates were town, scum would be quite happy with either wagon, so there's nothing yet clear there either. Gopher was the third on the adnapemit wagon following the final extension, Sabrar and Znirk joining in afterwards. Obviously, this is wild speculation on its own, but scum!Gopher could easily have thought it best to refocus the lynch on someone who was already viewed with suspicion, rather than risk the spotlight moving onto a scum buddy (or himself). In summary, there's not too much we can tell from yesterday's votals, in my opinion, but it does provide a bit of circumstantial evidence to corroborate mpolo's claim of Gopher being scum. Znirk also doesn't necessarily look amazing either, due to piling on adnapemit following on from his vote on matt. Others are welcome to draw their own conclusions.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Madge » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:05 pm UTC

Sabrar - I sent my invite to you.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:15 pm UTC

Okay, that's a game-changer.

Suppose everyone is telling the truth:

moody -> mpolo (confirmed by both)
Madge -> Sabrar (confirmed by both)
Carlington -> dimochka (still the only other player who claimed to have accepted with a location at that time)
matt -> either generalz or jimbob
generalz -> ??? (only generalz and jimbob remain who received invites, generalz can't target himself, claims not to have targeted jimbob)

Not possible.

Only other explanation is that Carlington thought that jimbob claimed to have accepted because he talked so much about the information coming from it.

moody -> mpolo (confirmed by both)
Madge -> Sabrar (confirmed by both)
Carlington -> jimbob
generalz -> dimochka
matt -> generalz

Call me crazy but I seriously doubt matt would consider generalz to be his top pick to save.

I think Madge is lying, I've had my suspicions about her for a while now. Gut feeling says that she is very much capable of concocting a complicated back-story to hide behind as scum.

PS: will react to vote analysis later (possibly only tomorrow).

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:57 pm UTC

Before I forget.

@Carlington: please also claim who you sent your invite to.
@dimochka, jimbob: did you receive any follow-up notes after accepting the invite?

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Carlington » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:01 pm UTC

I actually wrote a post last night and had it ready to go but then I got sidetracked and went to sleep without hitting post. The tab would still be open on my computer, at home. Awkward.

So yeah, generalz says true, I say thankya. I didn't get to see the location ahead of time, but in the flavour I got after action resolution I saw where we met. Since its already all but confirmed, my target was dimochka. I know I've left the claim late there (like I said, unintentionally), but I invited him to a somewhat smoky stairwell, which he may be able to confirm.

Sabrar, in your last post you refer to "Madge -> Sabrar (confirmed by both)" and conclude that Madge might be lying. You...literally have the information you need to work that one out (modulo redirect). I'm confused as to why you left it ambiguous.

Ninjad by Sabrar which saved me from posting this without mentioning that I didn't receive any invites last night.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:14 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:Sabrar, in your last post you refer to "Madge -> Sabrar (confirmed by both)" and conclude that Madge might be lying. You...literally have the information you need to work that one out (modulo redirect). I'm confused as to why you left it ambiguous.

Knew after I posted that it would confuse others. Was working from hypothesis that "Suppose everyone is telling the truth:". Concluded after that scenario was not possible. Madge's claims are too absurd and she was the one who brought up that crazyness could be expected, later congratulating herself how she foresaw the possibility. That is just too easy. Obviously cannot say for sure that she didn't target me but seems extremely unlikely.

@generalz: moody claimed to target mpolo. Carlington claimed to target dimochka. You claimed not to target jimbob. You cannot have targeted yourself. Now there are three possibilities:
- You claim to have targeted me.
- You claim to have targeted a player who denied having received an invite.
- You were lying.
Please choose one.

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Carlington » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:23 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:@generalz: moody claimed to target mpolo. Carlington claimed to target dimochka. You claimed not to target jimbob. You cannot have targeted yourself. Now there are three possibilities:
- You claim to have targeted me.
- You claim to have targeted a player who denied having received an invite.
- You were lying.
Please choose one.

- He claims to have targeted matt and matt was coincidentally killed the same night.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Madge » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:32 am UTC

OK, I'll come clean.

My stereotype was "the horny virgin" (think American Pie), which also relates to my costume (Brock, the pokemon character, falls in love with every girl he sees). I needed to get my "first kiss" in order to win with town, because I didn't want to die a virgin. If town wins but I didn't get kissed, I lost. If I get kissed and town loses, I lose. To get my kiss I'd send out a PM each night propositioning someone. I targeted Sabrar because I figured he would be the type to accept a kiss from a stranger, or at the very least be intrigued by a PM and want to see what would happen. Also, if it somehow got me aligned with them (it didn't AFAIK), Sabrar is very clever and I'd like him on my side.

So yeah, I have a weird role, at the moment I'm VT (I lost my protection when Sabrar accepted my note) who wins with town. Before Sabrar accepted my note, I couldn't win. So I'm now VT and win with town. I'm half-expecting something else to change about my role as I don't believe DJ would put a long-term VT in the game, but then again, maybe he would.

I wasn't just bulletproof, I was lynch proof. I breadcrumbed being lynch proof and I'll bring up the breadcrumb in the post I post immediately after this one. Being bulletproof/lynchproof was all that was added to my role, and the justification was that the virgin character doesn't get killed until they get their "first kiss".

I asked DJ if me and scum were the last two players, would town win or not - I figured I could fullclaim and maybe lose myself but let town win - but unfortunately the scum would win in that situation.

I've found out one last little tidbit from my role PMs: there are at least lynches and NKs. (duh). However, one of my PMs refers to my immunity being to "normal" lynches and NKs - so there could be some abnormal ones out there.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 1: The Murder and the Lynch-Mob

Postby Madge » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:34 am UTC

Madge wrote:Look, I'm not going to vote for anyone unless matt needs saving for the moment. You'll see I've kind of unofficially not voted on d1 for like, a year or something (note: may not actually be true), and I hate d1 so I'm going to allow myself not to be pressured into voting until I have what I consider decent evidence. Needless to say, if someone comes out swinging and being all around scummy AF then I'll vote but right now I have nothing to base it on, and I trust the wisdom of the town majority we have on d1 (source: we haven't lost yet) to pick a lynch candidate. Candidates are hard to find on D1 so... you know. Have to wait until we get night results...

In other news, I just got a PM out of the blue saying that I'm immune to the night kill until further notice. (it says other things but I'm not claiming - like the circumstances under which my immunity finishes - but let's keep scum guessing!).

So, my role has changed from how it was at the beginning (it was extremely week before so being bulletproof is an upgrade).

In turn, let's expect other peoples' roles, abilities, etc to not remain static.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby bessie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:02 am UTC

Votals:

Gopher of Pern (1) : mpolo
Sabrar (1) : Gopher of Pern


Not Voting (8) : Carlington, dimochka, generalz, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, moody7277, Sabrar, Znirk

Deadline: Friday, November 11, 11:59:59 PM EST

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Carlington » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:40 am UTC

I'm fully on board with stretching this day as long as needed to sift through all the claiming. However, when it comes to day's end, can I just check that we're all on the same page? I think the cop claim should take priority - we lynch Gopher of Pern, and then if he flips town we lynch mpolo and moody.

For the record, I'm going to be busy now for the rest of today my time. I may have time to get a proper post in before bed (about 8 hours from now) but if not you will only see phone posts for the next 24 hours or so.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Madge » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:56 am UTC

Agreed, I am on board with a GoP lynch.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:11 am UTC

Tentatively accepting Madge's claim but will reconsider if tonight's notes indicate otherwise.

moody -> mpolo
Madge -> Sabrar
Carlington -> dimochka
generalz -> ??? (could be matt but then why the hell would generalz be so reluctant to claim?)
matt -> either generalz or jimbob, most likely the latter

In case generalz claims to have sent a note to someone other than matt we can still reduce the number of possible liars to 2-3. If generalz claims to have sent it to matt then we have an additional note in play, sent by someone who claimed not to have done it (or he's the one lying). We'll see.

Gopher of Pern should be lynched today, agreed.

PS: For D3 I think it would be good if we could have targets claimed first by the senders and then locations/acceptance by the recipients.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Madge » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:30 am UTC

Out of curiosity - did the PM you got say anything about being invited to kiss someone, or was the nature of the proposal vague?

I'm guessing it was vague as if it wasn't you'd say "Madge is right, I got propositioned for a kiss last night".
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:56 am UTC

Just the location, nothing about what to do.

generalz
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:18 am UTC
Location: Central Europe

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby generalz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:22 am UTC

@Sabrar: you are right, my target was matt96. And Carlington is right, I did not want to reveal it right away since it would sound suspicious as he was the one that died tonight.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:41 am UTC

I am going to assume that matt also sent a note. That means 5 notes were sent N1, 5 players claimed to have received one but there is a 6th note out there as generalz supposedly sent his to matt.

1. generalz could be lying either about sending or receiving a note (in which case he is almost certainly anti-town).
2. if he is telling the truth then someone sent a note to him but doesn't admit to it probably because it was declined. That could be a lot of people.

Partial claim time: I was Watcher N1. I watched matt as Znirk speculated. I did not see anybody interacting with him.
Sabrar wrote:Not the best outcome. I only have a useless result to report unfortunately. Not planning to claim it yet as there's no point. Just know that I'm extremely frustrated about my ability right now.

@adnapemit: sorry for doubting you, had my own reasons.
Breadcrumbed suspecting a ninja here. I was frustrated because I was a Cop previously in Pen Pal with all scum having protection from investigation and now I was Watcher with Ninja around (and don't get me started about getting killed in both Smalltown and Wheel of Time before I could gain any powers).

2 possibilities:
1. generalz is telling the truth, he also targeted matt with a non-killing note, in which case I was most likely role-blocked as I didn't see either player interacting with matt.
2. generalz is lying and scum has Ninja.

generalz
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:18 am UTC
Location: Central Europe

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby generalz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:58 am UTC

Ok partial claim too that explains why Sabrar did not see me last night: I have a ghost costume, remember? So I cannot be watched. But now that you know it is most certainly useless, oh well...

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:40 am UTC

matt dies, and generalz claims to have targeted them, and we aren't voting for them?

Unvote

Vote: generalz


Either they did target them, and probably killed them, or they are lying, and they are being scummy.

My guess is that both generalz and Sabrar are working together. It makes sense.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:42 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:@dimochka, jimbob: did you receive any follow-up notes after accepting the invite?
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Just to add that I didn't receive any information about what happened as a result of my accepting the invitation.
This includes no additional follow up flavour etc, so no.

FoS geberalz

Whilst I obviously can't know for certain, two players without ability to be watched seems unlikely (I could buy one).

Sabrar could be lying of course, but I currently trust him more than generalz.

@ninja-Gopher - we aren't because we also have a scum result on you... Things that affect that result can just as easily apply to Sabrar's result.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 am UTC

EBWOP:
FoS generalz
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

generalz
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:18 am UTC
Location: Central Europe

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby generalz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:02 am UTC

I agree that I look suspicious now. I will do a full claim if necessary (which would defeat the purpose of my role), as I don't want to end up like adnap.

But now I am even more suspicious of GoP, jumping at the first occasion to take the heat off of him.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Sabrar » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:23 am UTC

Being invisible is generally a power that is given to scum. If generalz is telling the truth that means that either I was roleblocked/redirected and generalz just happens to be invisible, or that real scum has also a Ninja among them. I seriously doubt the latter and find the coincidence in the former too much.

FoS generalz

@Gopher of Pern: of course, the two players who admitted targeting matt must both belong to the same scum-team. Brilliant deduction. :D

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: MMM II - Day 2: The Lobotomy in the Biology Lab

Postby Znirk » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:43 pm UTC

The simple fact that no-one else has claimed cop against mpolo, combined with an alignment-mate of his exposing himself, makes me think that Mpolo is indeed town and cop, and thus Gopher is indeed mafia.

But I don't necessarily agree yet with lynching him tonight: I think we need to talk about our visitors to last night's dead guy. Sabrar claims watcher and saw nobody. Generalz offers an explanation for not being seen. This makes it fairly likely in my mind that Sabrar did indeed watch Matt. This leaves only Generalz visiting the person who died that night (unless there are more invisible people).

Now my thinking is: Even though we pretty much know Gopher is a member of the mafia, it seems very likely that Generalz is also scum. And since there's still an assumption of multiple possible nightkills, there is also a chance that Generalz is in fact a serial killer rather than a mafioso.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to lynch Gopher tonight rather than tomorrow if that's where public opinion swings. But I think that unless Generalz produces a convincing explanation by nightfall, we should lynch him first because that gives us a chance of eliminating one night kill.

Discuss.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests