Trial of the Pariahs - Game Over

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

JackHK

Re: Trial of the Pariahs - Day 2

Postby JackHK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:44 pm UTC

Unvote SirGabriel

generalz

Postby generalz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:13 pm UTC

Could someone please explain? Madge said there are 4 factions so this would be: Town/Oracle/Communist/Mafia.

And SirGabriel never said in one of his latest post that he was not Mafia. As a matter of fact, I managed to find on mafiauniverse 1 rare role (Mafia-aligned) that could match his description: Cannoneer. That role that can basically delay mafia kills and store them for later use, as long as he is alive. That would explain why noone died N1 and why "thanks to him" noone will die on N2 either (but then 3 on N3 or 4 on N4...)

What do you think?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:36 pm UTC

Thanks Jack. So, we have three people claiming independent. At least one of them is almost certainly lying about this. If not, Madge is lying about her night result, which seems unlikely, or we only have no mafia-aligned player, which seems unlikely given generalz's and Jack's claim. The reason I think Oracle!Madge is unlikely to be lying is because I don't think she really gains anything by lying at this stage. Of course, Madge could be scum (or a different anti-town indie), in which case we don't know for sure that there are 4 factions, but if there are more, then we would have had 5 (4 if there is only one scum player) out of 12 players non-town aligned, which seems excessive since a mislynch and night kill (or two mislynches) would leave town needing assistance to lynch from then on.

Matt's claim doesn't surprise me (remember the slip I mentioned on D1?). The fact that he is claiming to be a magistrate is more of an issue, as it breaks my argument. Let's take a look at the two parts of his claim independently:

Communist (wins if ever No Lynch): in his first post, he asks Madge several questions about her role, including how well she reckons her ability fits with her win con. With the knowledge of his claim, I could definitely see why he asks that question, because he is checking it versus his own role and ability (and therefore supports his claim to being independent in general). His first mention of No Lynch is in his big reads list late on D1, where he disagrees with the No Lynch being a bad idea. This argument is certainly an unsurprising argument for a Communist. He actively suggests No Lynch in a post yesterday, where on re-read given his claim I get the feeling that he's rather unsure how to go about achieving his win condition. Of course, this last post could be an attempt by scum to lay foundation for their fake claim, but I'm not sure. I think there are safer ways to go about fabricating a fake claim.

Magistrate (arrests a player): his claim to this ability took me rather by surprise, if I'm honest, since I was convinced that SirG was the magistrate, as noted previously. It was Matt who originally suggested the magistrate as being the cause of dimochka's arrest. The way it was phrased (found it whilst looking at other stuff) is a little odd if he was planning on claiming Magistrate at some point. On the other hand, maybe he didn't feel comfortable claiming at that point, but wanted to make sure that his role was under discussion, so that he'd be believed when he later did claim. I could see Magistrate being somewhat useful for a Communist, but I don't think discussing why is a good idea, as it only helps Matt.

I certainly can buy Matt's communist claim, because it fits with what his behaviour, and his question re. ability/goal and how they work together to Madge definitely feels like it could come from someone with an indie ability which somewhat fits with his role, but maybe not tightly. His logic as to why he targeted dimochka does make sense, although as SirG points out, it was an odd claim to make at this point. Still, I can believe Matt is being truthful.

Where does that leave us? Well, one of Madge, SirG, and Matt are probably scum. SirG's claim so far does not match up with either of the other two claims, due to his claim limitation, which stands out a bit. However, Matt's claim does put pay to the idea that SirG is the magistrate (it's still possible, but very unlikely, in my opinion, since it would almost certainly signal Matt's lynch if SirG is lynched). My original theory therefore no longer holds up, although it still works with a slight adjustment, namely that scum!SirG is trying to take advantage of the arrested dimochka (and didn't simply arrest him himself).

I still feel like SirG is a good lynch and here's why:
1. SirG's claim is the weakest of the three, as there is virtually nothing to back it up.
2. If SirG is who he claims to be, we remove him from two different sets of people containing at least one scum (namely {SirG, Madge, Matt} and {SirG, Madge, JackHK, generalz}), helping us isolate any other scum.
3. Depending on his flip, we may be able to confirm/deny his claim that dimochka is scum.
4. Even if he is who he claims he is, town likely don't lose anything apart from an opportunity to lynch scum, because Jack is planning on protecting us tonight anyway (the same can be said for either of our other two independents).

Ninja'ed by generalz - good spot, I like it.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:42 pm UTC

So are we hammering, or are we leaving it for the deadline?
Just to remind doodle, my power will protect everyone from the mafia night kill, but not any other ways of dying at night. However, since I don't believe we have a serial killer or something similar, I don't think this should be anything to worry about.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:48 pm UTC

I don't see any benefit to hammering. Let everyone have a chance to have a say on Matt's and SirG's claims.

@Everyone who hasn't commented already on both claims, please do so!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:53 pm UTC

Just checked back at matt's first post where he apologizes for internet issues, mainly for my own curiosity, and he doesn't take the pledge. Not sure if we had quite moved on from lie detector stuff at that point, but it does show consistency.

JackHK wrote:So are we hammering, or are we leaving it for the deadline?

Don't know how much more discussion we wanted. There's a definite cascade of conclusions based on which way SirG flips, and a lot of "night" stuff people had to do, so it would seem we are almost ready to let the trap door open.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:02 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Don't know how much more discussion we wanted. There's a definite cascade of conclusions based on which way SirG flips, and a lot of "night" stuff people had to do, so it would seem we are almost ready to let the trap door open.

Well, most of the time, discussion can only help town. I agree with jimbob that we ought to wait for others to chime in.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:39 am UTC

Apologies. I didn't realise I hadn't posted for so long. Back with comments shortly.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:46 am UTC

I believe matt96's claim, in part for the reasons that have been outlined thus far but also because SirG was already at L-1. matt could very easily have kept mum and let the wagon careen onwards, since we already looked for all the world like lynching SirG. I can't think of any reason that he would need to go out of his way to stop the lynch in order to make a fakeclaim that pushes the lynch he just asked us to slow down on.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:53 am UTC

Well, that's a right kettle of fish, and no mistake.

I need to think about it for a bit, but a couple of housekeeping things first:
I am not the magistrate, and I didn't arrest dim. So no counterclaim on Matt from me.

Not sure who passed me that note last night; anyone want to fess up?
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:19 am UTC

uh i'm sorry for not being around. I'm reading RIGHT NOW and posting shortly, and I have no idea what happened except that people are trying to hammer. So can we please not hammer for at least two hours if we were planning to?
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:56 am UTC

First, in retrospect I should not have claimed my role on D1. I should've claimed D2, and then we would not have been in this mess (probably).

Anyways...
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:What I would like to know is to those who did not vote on D1: why not? If you had voted for someone, who, and why? That's dimochka, generalz, JackHK, and matt96.

No reason whatsoever. I didn't think my main vote would matter, and my secondary vote would've gone to conman anyways. It's not infrequent for me to not vote D1 when my vote won't make a difference, and if my hunch is wrong then I accept just as much responsibility as anyone who vote
Carlington wrote:
Carlington wrote:Madge's Q&A (seven words, eleven vowels...it's an old crumb, sir, but it checks out) leaves me wondering where all the night kills were for so many factions. SK or multiple scum with kill seems unlikely.

Town+mafia+Madge already covers three factions. There's only one faction unaccounted for, which I'm guessing means we have another non-serial-killer independent. No clue what said independent's win condition might be, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's another role like Madge's which can win with either town or scum and poses no serious threat until endgame.

Interestingly whatever he's mentioning about his role now as another faction (if he is another faction) does not line up with this at all. If anything, this would be the place to breadcrumb...
SirGabriel wrote:Then I used my lie detector on someone many people including myself believed to be scum and found out that he was scum. It's as simple as that.

Except people didn't really think I was scum once I posted. Other than Conman who gave 0 reasoning for his vote on me, you were the only one.

@Suzaku - I did not, and cannot, pass any notes.

So here are my thoughts so far, not in any particular order:
1. SirG - clearly lying. I think generalz made a good point that he doesn't outright claim not being mafia, but his claims don't make sense to me. I do want to say that when he originally mentioned that lynching Jack would allow to test both lists, that sounded somewhat townie to me.
2. Matt - what exactly is your wincon? Assuming we believe you, should we basically put you in the same category as madge, where you'll side with whoever is most convenient? No lynch is more useful to scum than to town, so this worries me.
3. Adnapemit - as I was going through my notes I really liked her thoughts on bottom of page 4, specifically because I found her analyzing different scenarios and being unsure about it. I think someone mentioned the same thing, but I noted it as well when I was reading through.
4. Jimbob - brought up the inconsistencies in SirG's claims, was unsure about him since the beginning. Looking very townie to me but I may be tunneling.
5. Carlington - was the one who analyzed the best case / worst case scenarios and was unhappy with the votes on Jack. Consistent with my reads on D1, I still consider him townie.
6. Madge - same as before. her refusal to help us with some answers both worries me and makes me even more confident that she didn't lie about her role.
7. Moody - Logically he does not feel as townie to me anymore. I could see a potential link between him and SirG. I think he's honest about his power or at least an aspect of it. I think testing his power makes sense, and I'm happy to partake. Let's just confirm details.
8. Generalz - I believe his claims fully, therefore his list is likely true and we'll be testing it today. He's also been open to discussion and offering information
9. Jack - also likely true power, and therefore town (I can't see this power given to scum)
10. Suzaku - very little d2 content, so I can't really judge. I'll put him as neutral, but my view of him as townie from D1 didn't really change. I just want more content / analysis.

I also think we should decide on the most effective way to allocate our votes, especially if Jack can make sure no kills happen overnight. We could get a lot of information from them if he's not lying. It probably makes sense for me not to vote to clear things up, although happy to hear arguments in the other direction.

Basically we should lynch SirG and decide what we want to do about Jack's and Generalz's powers, and then discuss D3 based on how things look.

Also, yes I know I have a lot of people whom I consider townie. This is very convoluted and the lynch will help clear things up.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:56 am UTC

@matt I'm not sure why you're worried about our roles not being possible in the same game. I only care when the game ends, so I'm completely independent of you as far as I can tell. Would be interested in the exact things you think my role breaks about yours. Also, I'm probably the most helpful person to you here, because if I need the game to continue another day I'll be willing to NL, which town and scum are less likely to go for. So hopefully we can coexist.

Also I didn't do any magistratey stuff so no counterclaim from me either. I think SirG is digging himself into a bigger and bigger hole.

Also I'm not sure if two independents would count as two factions or one?? But hopefully there's no cult. Hopefully tonight's question will help refine that for everyone.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:08 am UTC

dimochka wrote:We could get a lot of information from them if he's not lying. It probably makes sense for me not to vote to clear things up, although happy to hear arguments in the other direction.

Can I just reiterate that both of my powers are single use only, so after tonight I will have no powers at all.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:56 am UTC

Madge wrote:I think SirG is digging himself into a bigger and bigger hole.

Does it really matter how big the hole is if I'm going to lose the game anyway? I pretty much lost a long time ago. But if you want, I can dig the hole deeper. I am mafia. Well, sort of, I don't have the standard mafia win condition. Not sure how much more than that I'm allowed to say about my win condition.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:41 pm UTC

I think I may have found the role SirGabriel is hinting at,
http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/dat ... le=Hoodlum

Not sure why he would be unable to claim at it though, but if it is the case that all the independents are being treated as one faction, it could be the case that all of Madge, SirGabriel and I are telling the truth. Any one think it might be something else?

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:56 pm UTC

I'm going to be direct: Does anyone have anything left to say that can't wait for D3? Ordinarily, I would be in favour of holding off on the lynch as long as possible to try and get information out. Just at the moment? SirG has just added a third claim to their list, and looks for all the world like they're going to put as much misinformation out as they can before going down in order to confuse us. Under those circumstances, I support hammering sooner rather than later.

As for the deduction I mentioned earlier: there's scum in {moody, dimochka}.
Case 1:
False Inventor scum!dimochka sent a fake medkit to Absorber town!moody, and was caught.
Case 2:
Inventor town!dimochka sent a medkit to me but was blocked and stolen by Role Thief scum!moody
Case 3:
Both moody and dimochka are scum, trying an odd mutual bussing play to exonerate one of them.
Case 4:
Both moody and dimochka are town. This is only possible if there is a role that both redirects and somehow also alters roles in such a way that dimochka's Inventor appears to moody as False Inventor.

ninja'd by matt96: I don't think that matches up, or at least it's not what I'd describe as "Mafia sort of but a different win condition".
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:20 pm UTC

Honestly I'm happy for the clock to run down for today, I have some RL stuff to take care of the next couple of days so for me it'd personally be more convenient not to have stuff to think about here. Plus we're getting action and excitement still on this game day! If we had been going silent then yeah, but this is interesting and I think the more we get scum to say the easier it would be to catch them in a lie later on.

To that end,

Unvote

Though I want sirg lynched. I just don't want hammer.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:31 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:SirG has just added a third claim to their list, and looks for all the world like they're going to put as much misinformation out as they can before going down in order to confuse us.

I've pretty much already lost, so at this point I'm just having fun being truth-telling scum for once and seeing everybody's reactions to what you think is wine. The only reason I haven't identified the final mafia for you is that I don't want to ruin everyone else's fun. If you don't believe me, just wait until my flip, and you'll see I had no reason to lie once I was guaranteed to be lynched anyway.

Madge wrote:Though I want sirg lynched.

For the record, I think that allying with town rather than with mafia is poor strategy on your part. Mafia has a lot more control over what day the game ends than town does (since once they have half the votes and the only nightkill, they can just no-lynch to make the game arbitrarily long).

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:46 pm UTC

Just going to point out that somebody should probably reinstate a vote on SirG before day end, to prevent a scum/indie team up to protect him for another night and potentially a mis/non-lynch. I believe we are now three votes away from hammer, although somebody should double check that... We shouldn't hammer, mainly because I want to see people's thoughts on the different indie/mafia(!) claims before any further flips.

I have a question for moody: what information are you told when you absorb someone's ability?

Also reasons to lynch SirG have now been added to with this: I am curious as to what his role actually is!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:00 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I have a question for moody: what information are you told when you absorb someone's ability?

I get an excerpt of their role PM that describes how their power works.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:04 pm UTC

Is it just me who sees SirG say "final mafia" and immediately suspect that there are in fact two more mafia other than him? It just seemed a bit weirdly worded...

Can someone check the votals? I'm out right now and want to know if I should revote.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:07 pm UTC

JackHK wrote:Is it just me who sees SirG say "final mafia" and immediately suspect that there are in fact two more mafia other than him? It just seemed a bit weirdly worded...

No, there are three mafia. I've already identified two of them, including myself. I'm choosing not to identify the third one.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:53 pm UTC

I'm quite happy for SirG to carry on chatting, but I have no intention of paying any attention to anything he says before his flip, and will then decide what to do about it afterwards. @SirG, I assume you mean dimochka as the "second mafia"?

Unofficial votals:
SirGabriel - 3 (Carlington, generalz, moody7277)
JackHK - 1 (SirGabriel)

Nobody else is voting. With 11 alive, 6 should be the hammer, assuming no weird vote shenanigans, so it's probably safe enough for one person to reinstate their vote at some point.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:57 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@SirG, I assume you mean dimochka as the "second mafia"?

Correct.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:23 pm UTC

I'm in no rush whatsoever to hammer. I'm not mafia or any kind of indie, and I don't know why exactly SirG decided to try and get me lynched, but the more he talks the more we could try to find out about the rest of his scumbuddies. Maybe matt's suggestion regarding Hoodlum is right, but that would make SirG indie rather than mafia, so it doesn't really align.

Now we know (with some doubt but likely) that madge and matt are the two indies. And if madge isn't lying (I don't see why she would have a reason to lie here), then clearly there are no other independents as that would make more than 4 teams (ergo I am not independent). So IFF we are so inclined to test my statements, we can have Generalz use his power on me. I think it would be a waste, but I don't mind.

I was just going to ask if you guys want me voting as well and completely forgot that I can't today. well scratch that I guess.

JackHK wrote:
dimochka wrote:We could get a lot of information from them if he's not lying. It probably makes sense for me not to vote to clear things up, although happy to hear arguments in the other direction.

Can I just reiterate that both of my powers are single use only, so after tonight I will have no powers at all.

I did miss that, thanks for clarifying.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:40 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:I don't know why exactly SirG decided to try and get me lynched

That part is true.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:49 pm UTC

dimochka wrote:So IFF we are so inclined to test my statements, we can have Generalz use his power on me. I think it would be a waste, but I don't mind.
Pretty sure generalz's ability is a random player (or players). Otherwise, he's basically just a cop, so why use the other ability?

I vaguely recall some kind of Mole role mentioned in Hangafia where a scum team contained a player who won with Town (kind of a reverse-Traitor), but who had restrictions on what they could reveal about their scum buddies. I suppose SirG could be that role, but indie-aligned, rather than town-aligned though I doubt it. @SirG - any comments on that?

Also, for SirG, why did you pick Lie Detector as a false claim, and that you couldn't use it two nights in a row?

Still waiting for some input from certain players on the developments over the last few days. In particular, I'm interested in hearing from Suzaku, and adnapemit, who I don't think have said anything on the claims yet (haven't got the energy to try to figure out if anybody else needs to comment).

Something I just realised - does anybody else find it suspicious that moody and dimochka have failed to discuss what their gifts are going to be publicly today? Wasn't one of the ideas going to be that they give different gifts to prevent redirection shenanigans?

Ninja'ed by SirG - I get the impression that SirG has decided to resort to trolling us whilst he waits to die :lol:
BlitzGirl the Primordial

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:55 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Ninja'ed by SirG - I get the impression that SirG has decided to resort to trolling us whilst he waits to die

I know right. :D :D

I feel so surrounded by wine vis-a-vis his statements about dimochka, I ought to watch out for alcohol poisoning! (or perhaps iocane? 8-))

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:02 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I get the impression that SirG has decided to resort to trolling us whilst he waits to die :lol:

Like I said, just enjoying seeing everyone's reactions to me telling the truth.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I vaguely recall some kind of Mole role mentioned in Hangafia where a scum team contained a player who won with Town (kind of a reverse-Traitor), but who had restrictions on what they could reveal about their scum buddies. I suppose SirG could be that role, but indie-aligned, rather than town-aligned though I doubt it. @SirG - any comments on that?

I cannot reveal my win condition.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Also, for SirG, why did you pick Lie Detector as a false claim, and that you couldn't use it two nights in a row?

I wanted dimochka killed, and when lynching him D1 failed, lie detector seemed like the most believable way to do it without claiming my true role. I had brought up lie detector in the first place specifically so that I could later use it against dimochka if necessary. I did not want to give a second lie detector note after N2 in case doing so would delay or prevent dimochka's lynch.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:05 pm UTC

EBWOP: I didn't want to give a second lie detector result after N2.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:10 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Something I just realised - does anybody else find it suspicious that moody and dimochka have failed to discuss what their gifts are going to be publicly today? Wasn't one of the ideas going to be that they give different gifts to prevent redirection shenanigans?

From my post towards the bottom on the other page:

moody7277 wrote:--Regarding tonight, I'm going to go with my sarcastic offer.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:21 pm UTC

Deadline is in ~23 hours. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
SirGabriel - 3 (Carlington, generalz, moody7277)
JackHK - 1 (SirGabriel)

Not voting: adnapemit, dimochka, JackHK, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, matt96, Suzaku

Tied votals will result in a No Lynch.

generalz

Postby generalz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:55 am UTC

Quick post to say that I agree with jimbob and should have 1 more vote (JackHK?) on SirG in order to avoid a last minute no-lynch ninja...

JackHK

Postby JackHK » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:53 am UTC

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines...

Vote SirGabriel

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:51 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
dimochka wrote:So IFF we are so inclined to test my statements, we can have Generalz use his power on me. I think it would be a waste, but I don't mind.
Pretty sure generalz's ability is a random player (or players). Otherwise, he's basically just a cop, so why use the other ability?

That makes so much more sense than my original thought...

Re: my action tonight - I believe we said that I should claim the item but not the recipient? In that case I will send a GPS (1-shot tracker) to someone. I feel like that's the most useful item right now.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:57 pm UTC

Deadline is in 4 hours. Please send me your night-actions (if you have any) before the end of the day!

Votals:
SirGabriel - 4 (Carlington, generalz, moody7277, JackHK)
JackHK - 1 (SirGabriel)

Not voting: adnapemit, dimochka, jimbobmacdoodle, Madge, matt96, Suzaku

Tied votals will result in a No Lynch.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:12 pm UTC

Time for a list-ditch effort, since now that Suzaku is hopefully asleep for the night, I might have a chance.

Unvote

Vote: No Lynch

dimochka, adnapemit, Madge, and matt, if we work together now, this could still result in a win for all five of us. Otherwise, matt and Madge, town has no reason to help you. dimochka and adnapemit, I realize you probably don't trust me, but believe me that I would have told you my win condition if I could. I'm hoping that you can figure it out from my behavior so far by doing a bit of digging in Mafia Universe, but even if you don't trust me, I hope you can see that this plan is your best shot of winning, especially now that I've identified both of you in a way that is likely to be believed after my flip.

So here's the plan: matt targets anyone other than the five of us, removing their voting power for tomorrow. matt also agrees to work with mafia the rest of the game even though he will have already won. We then all vote No Lynch, which should result in a tied vote, and thus a No Lynch, as long as jimbob's power doesn't interfere and Suzaku doesn't get the chance to vote. That should mean that for the rest of the game the five of us control the vote and the only kill. As there's not a whole lot of time left today, tomorrow we can work out a detailed plan which satisfies both Madge and myself and which will result in a mafia victory.

Quoting everyone involved to hopefully get them back here soon:
dimochka wrote:That makes so much more sense than my original thought...

Madge wrote:I just don't want hammer.

matt96 wrote:Any one think it might be something else?

adnapemit wrote:Referring to SirGabriel's claim, in case I wasn't clear.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:11 pm UTC

First off do a bit more digging in Mafia Universe role list yourself, as I believe Jimbob's power is one he can't use if he votes. I see no reason why I should not vote no Lynch, but I will say that I have already submitted my night action and I am not changing it.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:25 pm UTC

matt96 wrote:First off do a bit more digging in Mafia Universe role list yourself, as I believe Jimbob's power is one he can't use if he votes. I see no reason why I should not vote no Lynch, but I will say that I have already submitted my night action and I am not changing it.

I was just considering the possibility (which I think is unlikely in this game) that jimbob is a doublevoter.

Return to “Mafia”