Page 2 of 9

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:49 pm UTC
by Diemo
Nah Aes Sedai are the good guys. Mafia are Darkfriends.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:53 pm UTC
by Diemo
Also

Vote: Snark

Not knowing that the mafia are Darkfriends is easily the scummiest thing that I have seen so far. It explicitly mentions Darkfriends in my role pm as the bad guys, so I think there is a fairly high chance that all of the town role PMs do.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:53 pm UTC
by Chane
I am town.

I am Alivia.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:58 pm UTC
by Snark
Diemo wrote:Also

Vote: Snark

Not knowing that the mafia are Darkfriends is easily the scummiest thing that I have seen so far. It explicitly mentions Darkfriends in my role pm as the bad guys, so I think there is a fairly high chance that all of the town role PMs do.


Me too but I don't remember it telling me that I was Aes Sedai. Figured dark friends and aes Sedai were same thing.

So was Kalitas telling me they found me scummy for acting like town?

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:58 pm UTC
by Snark
Chane wrote:I am town.

I am Alivia.

Is Alvia likely to be a jester? Chane is all over the place.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:01 pm UTC
by Snark
Snark wrote:
Diemo wrote:Also

Vote: Snark

Not knowing that the mafia are Darkfriends is easily the scummiest thing that I have seen so far. It explicitly mentions Darkfriends in my role pm as the bad guys, so I think there is a fairly high chance that all of the town role PMs do.


Me too but I don't remember it telling me that I was Aes Sedai. Figured dark friends and aes Sedai were same thing.

So was Kalitas telling me they found me scummy for acting like town?

Just checked. My role pm doesn't mention aes Sedai. Figured scum because I thought Kalitas was accusing me of something.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 pm UTC
by Sabrar
@Chane: was that your role-claim, or a way to fulfil Snark's request?

@Diemo: I'm town and my role pm does not contain the word/phrase 'Darkfriend'. It mentions the Dark One and the Forsakens.

Snark wrote:So was Kalitas telling me they found me scummy for acting like town?

If Aes Sedai is Town than she might have indicated that you were Town. Of course she also said that not all Aes Sedai were good...

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:08 pm UTC
by Sabrar
EBWOP: based on the wiki Alivia appears first in Book 9 so very unlikely to be included in the game.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:30 pm UTC
by Chane
Sabrar wrote:@Chane: was that your role-claim, or a way to fulfil Snark's request?

@Diemo: I'm town and my role pm does not contain the word/phrase 'Darkfriend'. It mentions the Dark One and the Forsakens.

Snark wrote:So was Kalitas telling me they found me scummy for acting like town?

If Aes Sedai is Town than she might have indicated that you were Town. Of course she also said that not all Aes Sedai were good...


The bolded.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:34 am UTC
by Diemo
Unvote

I assume you guys mean kalira. I think that it is highly unlikely that Snark is Aes Sedai - by this stage the only Aes Sedai that were around were Moraine (that were main characters, I should say, The Amyrlin Seat had a gaggle of them with her). Also his thinking they were scum (which I still think is a non-townie position, but Snark is pretty clearly flavourblind).

So quick history of 3000 years before the books started. It was a golden age, people lived forever, everything was run using channelers (I forget what they call it again, saidin/saidar I think, for male/female respectively) who had all the power, but everyday people (most people can't channel) could use saidar and saidin using special devices. Most of these devices have been lost.

Then they found the Dark One, who offered power, and is a personification of evil 9think Satan). He corrupted some of the most powerful peeps, there was a huge war, the good guys (The Dragon mainly) won, and sealed away the dark one, but in doing so the Dark one hit back and corrupted all of saidin, so that when male channelers go mad (no set time frame). These mad channelers then proceeded to break the world - literally. After the breaking of the world the White Tower was founded and 3000 years of, well, pretty much constant war against the Blight began.

The Dragon Reborn is prophesied to defeat the Dark One for good, or some such, but also prophesied to break the world again, so peeps don't really want to be around when he turns up.

I am town.

I am not town.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:34 am UTC
by Diemo
EBWOP: That last bit was for Snark

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:29 am UTC
by bessie
First of all, welcome Chane, I hope you enjoy the game.

Note for everyone, I don’t post when I’m at work, so most of my posts will be nights and weekends (PDT), with the occasional morning post.

Initial observations. Setup speculation - I’m flavor blind and haven’t had time to do more than read the main Wikipedia page, so I’m not sure if this fits with the flavor. This was advertised as a power role heavy game, and according to the opening post, there may be alignment or win-condition changing roles, and no role is guaranteed to be sane. My guess is that there are no vanilla roles, so probably two power mafia because I think that three power mafia is too many. I’ve been going back and forth on what the possible alignment changing role may be. If there is a cult, I think that the recruit won’t be limited to one or if it is limited to one they will have a kill, because if the total number of cult is limited to two then they couldn’t outnumber mafia so how would they win? If we don’t have a cult then maybe we have a mafia supporter that will be recruited if they are targeted by the mafia. My guess is that the town roles will have a lot of protection, so could include any or all of doctor, jailkeeper, roleblocker, and bullet-proof or recruit-proof townie. On other third party roles, I don’t know, depends on if there is a cult with a kill. If there is, than maybe a survivor, if not, then maybe a serial killer.

Next observation, no random voting. This is the second game I’ve played recently where there were no random votes on the first page.

Now some observations on content.

Sabrar wrote:Quick meta: jimbob participated in the Dollhouse game I modded that also had 10 players and the general feeling was that including an SK besides the Mafia was overkill, so I would assume that we have no SK this time.

I don’t think there were too many kills in that game, I think that the lovers were the problem (it was more like only 5 town needed to be lynched/killed instead of 6). So I don’t want to be so quick to dismiss the possibility of a serial killer.

Snark posted a list of 11 items, of which he believes 6 to be true. Chane responded with a similar list. Then there is this observation from emlightened:
emlightened wrote:I can tell that Chane has great reasoning for knowing whether they believe crucialityfactor is town or not, based on cruciality's total of 0 posts so far. You obviously have decided whether you believe it, so I'd like to hear your reasoning.

My first thought was that this was an odd observation for emlightened to make, because Chane only said that she believed 6 of the items to be true, so the remark about crucialityfactor could be random. But I think that Chane’s response was an overreaction.

mpolo claimed miller. This claim seems reasonable because I can’t think of any reason to lie about this. If mpolo is scum and gets copped, he can always point to the setup rule #7 (no role is guaranteed to be sane).

kalira posted some character speculation based on flavor.

Then there's this from crucialityfactor:
crucialityfactor wrote:I for one support the idea that I am town. How Chane knows that for certain? Judging by the response we've gotten so far, I don't think we're going to find that out. But that part of her/his list is correct.

Thanks for clearing that up.

crucialityfactor wrote:The setup speculation so far is highly reasonable, especially in light of how Dollhouse went. Even with all power roles, 2 NKs in anti-town hands was too much to overcome in a smaller game. So I would believe 2 mafia, no SK, and possibly a cult with limited powers. I would say that we all most likely have some sort of ability to our roles. I.E. no vanilla townies.

I disagree on the two anti-town kills (see above).

Diemo wrote:Could people please stop claiming power-town? If mafia had to guess who was power-town, that would be nice.

The signup thread said power role heavy. OK, kalira pointed that out too.

I’m a little confused about kalira’s post. Are you saying that the Aes Sedai may be a faction that can’t lie? I don’t know how the mods would even moderate that.

To anyone name claiming, I seriously don’t know the flavor well enough to get anything out of it. Chane claimed Alivia, is this a town claim?

I think I am going to need to read up a little on the flavor before I can make a judgement on anyone's claims or speculation based on flavor.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:36 am UTC
by mpolo
Wow. This is going by very quickly. I will catch up later today. I am town, though a miller.

I'm not far enough in the books to know whether to implicitly trust the Aes Sedai (everybody hates/mistrusts them, but the only one we have met is pretty clearly on the side of good), but I question whether trying to expose a probably townie role is a good idea. (I just edited two lies out of this post before submitting for that reason.) I have no problem with making a town claim, though.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:10 pm UTC
by Sabrar
I don't have a lot of new things to say but conversation seems to have died down, so here are some random thoughts for discussion:

- I seriously doubt that the mod would impose any kind of posting regulation upon anyone, this just doesn't seem the kind of game where it would be welcome.
- Chane's tone in the beginning was pretty aggressive for a player who first participates in a new environment but it might just be her style. I considered the possibility that she was an alt for a minute but that train leads nowhere good so I discarded it. Her faux pas in the Gojoe thread makes it even less likely.
- Only Diemo is pinging my scumdar so far (and it's pretty broken D1 on this forum based on my previous experience). I reread his contributions in Smalltown (town) and Dollhouse (scum) to get a feel for him but it's too early to tell. Both have parts that are kind of similar to his current posts.
- @bessie: I would think that claiming miller gives scum a better chance at survival than relying on the "you're insane" defense. If characters follow closely their book-counterparts regarding their abilities (and I think this is the case) then people with flavor-knowledge will be able to tell us if it would be reasonable or not.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:47 pm UTC
by Sabrar
EBWOP: we need to hear from Carlington.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:31 pm UTC
by mpolo
From what I've read:

Probable characters
Rand
Perrin
Mat
Nynaeve (likely doctor)
Moiraine
Lan
Egwene (backup doctor??)
A Myrddraal
1 or more Trollocs

But, I would be willing to concede that kalira knows what she is talking about, so that there are likely some characters from later in the book.

The "6 of 10" and "6 of 11" ploy seems fairly innocuous, if vacuous.

Chane is inexperienced, and getting bullied into early unnecessary claims, though there is some question of whether that claim is true.

Snark seems to have a role that does not explicity mention who the mafia is. Which is kind of a null tell, as my role also doesn't identify the mafia, perferring an "all threats".

As to numbers, three mafia if there are no independents, but with an anti-town indie (like a lyncher for a townie role), it could go down to two. I wouldn't totally dismiss a serial killer, but hope that we don't have one, because we'll have to home in quickly.

My reason for claiming miller is to avoid having cops waste a night of investigation that's just going to give a wrong answer (and almost certainly tie up a day of lynching at a moment where that is not indifferent).

I don't feel like I have enough info to really rank people, but:
Diemo - some flippy-floppy on deciding how important an argument is - neutral, maybe a little scummy
Chane - I don't really see where the pressure against her was coming from, and don't find the claim (whether true or not) to be very motivated. - neutral
emlightened - Posts at the beginning were part of the pressure on Chane - neutral-scummy
Sabrar - also pressuring Chane (while ignoring Snark's equivalent statement). However, some later posts push this back to neutral. - neutral
crucialityfactor - questions the miller claim, which I suppose is a style thing - neutral
kalira - helpful flavor post. Second helpful post - neutral-towny
Carlington - Hasn't started yet
bessie - some helpful posts. I don't agree with everything, though. - neutral-towny
Snark - generally active, some weirdness caused by flavor-blindness, some weirdness caused by wanting to be weird - neutral

So, I don't have a lot of leads, but that's to be expected this early.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:44 pm UTC
by jimbobmacdoodle
Soft deadline at 19.30 UTC, Wednesday 16th March.

10 players alive, 6 to hammer.

Votals:

None

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:16 am UTC
by Carlington
Check-in post: today is moving day. I'll be here soon, sorry for the delay.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:53 pm UTC
by Snark
Putting this out because I feel like I have to.

Chane, how would you like to be lynched today? The mod specifically in rules that third party wins would not end the game, despite pulling from my rules structure that does not say that. Meaning that there's no real danger in a Jester lynch, so if you want to claim it, that narrows you down to mafia or jester and makes you a safe D1 lynch. Same logic we had last game with a known jester.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:44 pm UTC
by Chane
I don't want to be lynched today. I have two reasons for that, which are classified for today. I will also like to shatter this silly conception of me being a jester. If you'd like to hear the reasons, I would be more than happy to share them.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:17 pm UTC
by Snark
Except if you're a Jester, it generally doesn't help your win condition to be lynched. Not sure why you'd need more than that one reason.

Maybe if you're not a jester, provide some content instead of one-liners and aggressive tones?

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:30 pm UTC
by Sabrar
Snark wrote:Except if you're a Jester, it generally doesn't help your win condition to be lynched.

Could you explain what you meant here please? Jester's win condition is being lynched normally.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:32 pm UTC
by Snark
Reread it.

It says if you're not a jester, you don't want to be lynched. Unless I messed up with double negatives.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:09 pm UTC
by Sabrar
The 'not' was missing, hence my confusion. Didn't you reread it? :wink:

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:17 pm UTC
by Snark
Reread once more.

Snark wrote:Except if you're a Jester, it generally doesn't help your win condition to be lynched.


Same as:

It generally doesn't help your win condition to be lynched except if you're a jester.

Same as:

You don't want to be lynched unless you're a jester.

This is not a game about grammar so I'll just leave it at that.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:23 pm UTC
by Sabrar
English is not my native language and I haven't seen except used like that before (always used unless instead in that circumstance). Sorry for bringing it up.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:26 pm UTC
by Chane
Never mind, I asked the mod to clarify it and what I thought would happen wouldn't happen. Carry on.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:44 pm UTC
by jimbobmacdoodle
Soft deadline at 19.30 UTC, Wednesday 16th March.

10 players alive, 6 to hammer.

Votals:

None

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:30 am UTC
by bessie
OK, the game has been a little slow. We really need to get some discussion going because we won't be able to force an extension by tying the votals (well, maybe but it will be difficult for ten players in different time zones).
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:If deadline is reached and no player has a majority of the votes, then the person with the most votes is lynched. If the votals are tied, then the player with the most who reached that total first will be lynched, unless all players have voted and exactly 2 people have been voted for. In that special case, there will be no lynch. If you don't understand this, please ask for clarification.


Anyway, here’s some initial reads and an attempt to generate some discussion.

Carlington – No content, but he is moving this weekend, and this was stated in the sign up thread. Carlington, I know you’re busy this week, but anything you can post would be helpful. Do you have any initial impressions of anyone?

Chane- New to the xkcd mafia forum, do you have any experience playing mafia? Her content has been very defensive in an anti-town way. I don’t see why she felt the need to state that she is withholding information because it would be bad for town for her to reveal it. Chane claims that she is not a jester, and that she asked the mod a question but offers nothing about the question itself. I’m not sure where to go from here because I’m not sure if her content is scummy, newbie, or style, so I’ll just ask some questions similar to Snark’s. Chane, would you like to be lynched today? If no, will you please provide some content?

crucialityfactor- His only post contains a statement that he is town and some setup speculation. crucialityfactor, I disagreed with you on the setup, what do you think about my initial setup spec? I hope we get some more content from him because there’s not enough to even make a read.

Diemo- Voted for Snark based on some information Diemo believed should be in the town role PM, and which Snark didn’t have. I don’t like this discussion of role PMs for meta reasons (I had a negative experience with this in Vanillafia). Diemo, for the benefit of those that are flavor blind, can we have some reads that aren’t based on flavor?

emlightened- Three posts containing about six sentences, so almost no content. emlightened, you asked Chane for content, what do you think of her response?

kalira- Most of her content has been some flavor background and setup speculation based on flavor. While I appreciate the work that went in to her posts, I would like to see some actual content. How about some reads or a town to scum list (or both)?

mpolo- Miller claim. As I previously stated, I accept this claim because I don’t see any reason to lie about it. And I think he gave an acceptable reason for claiming (doesn’t want a cop to waste an investigation). Only three posts, but with good content. He provided a read on everyone (except Carlington). I don’t have a question you yet because I think you covered a lot in your last post.

Sabrar- In his first post he gave a meta reason for believing there is no serial killer in this game. This still makes me a bit uneasy, like he is trying to downplay the threat of a serial killer, but others have agreed and you can’t all be serial killers so I will consider it a null tell for now. Sabrar, I don’t think anyone has a posting restriction, especially one where they can’t lie, because I don’t see how that would even be detected or enforced. Can you elaborate a little more on why Diemo is pinging you? And I don’t know what you’re referring to in the Gojoe thread (it looks like maybe it was edited out) but I would rather not discuss the Gojoe thread in game.

Snark- Generated some discussion early in the game with his list of 11 items. I think Snark’s been doing the most so far to try to get people talking. Asked everyone to claim town and make an obviously false claim. Do you still want everyone to do this or do you agree with mpolo’s concern that this may expose a town role?


Vote: emlightened

Reasons: For attacking another player and not following up after that player responded, and for lack of contributing anything else useful to the game so far.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:46 am UTC
by Snark
bessie wrote:Do you still want everyone to do this or do you agree with mpolo’s concern that this may expose a town role?
Nope. I thought they were saying maybe scum couldn't lie. If that's not the hypothesis to test, it doesn't matter.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:58 am UTC
by Snark
I meant to say this first but forgot: This is the end of my message about this. Don't want people taking up time with empty posts just saying "I am town. I am not town." if there's no benefit. Would rather people post content.

Snark wrote:
bessie wrote:Do you still want everyone to do this or do you agree with mpolo’s concern that this may expose a town role?
Nope. I thought they were saying maybe scum couldn't lie. If that's not the hypothesis to test, it doesn't matter.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:25 am UTC
by Sabrar
bessie wrote:Can you elaborate a little more on why Diemo is pinging you?


Diemo wrote:Still, Snark is pretty good at blind picking mafia - so IGMEOY, Sabrar.
This post is more likely to be made if Diemo is scum as he would want to have a 'legitimate' reason for attacking townies.

Diemo wrote:Meh. Fine.
This was a very dismissive reply which townies should normally not make. However when I reread Smalltown (where Diemo was Town) I found this so it's not an issue for me anymore.

Diemo wrote:Not knowing that the mafia are Darkfriends is easily the scummiest thing that I have seen so far. It explicitly mentions Darkfriends in my role pm as the bad guys, so I think there is a fairly high chance that all of the town role PMs do.
This looks to me like Diemo isn't really aware of how the Town role pm-s overall look like and was just trying to make a reasonable guess to be accepted as one.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:18 am UTC
by Chane
I have provided content. I told you repeatedly, if you want more, ask me a direct questions instead of vague ones.

Ex: "Chane, what was the question you asked the mod?"

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:49 am UTC
by Sabrar
@Chane: based on the content so far who are your best guess for the (assumed) 2 Mafia players? Why them?

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:58 am UTC
by Carlington
I am currently able to confirm the presence or absence in the game of at least one name from mpolo's list.

I'm tired as all get out, I'm posting on my phone and using mobile data to do so, today has just not been great, but I'll give this a whirl.

Kalira is pinging me a little bit. Her focus on flavour over actual play seems strange. As well, her homing in on the idea of Snark being an Aes Sedai led to a lot of confusion and contributed to the aggression directed at Chane, as well as adding a lot of contentless posting to the thread as people tried to prove that they could lie.

Snark himself seems fine. He's clearly trying to shift away from the "tell a truth and an untruth" play as he's realised it's not helping town much. He's also been one of the players who have done most to further discussion.

Bessie is leaning town, good reads and well reasoned ones. She's also contributed a decent bit to the conversation overall and has been active in calling things out where she sees them, so I'm happy with her play. I agree with her regarding emlightened.

Diemo I am also getting town vibes from. Some of the things Sabrar is picking up on as scumtells fit what I know of his meta. The rest, I disagree that they look scummy.

I agree with Sabrar's setup spec, but disagree with the read on Diemo. Aside from that, there's nothing egregiously towny or scummy, fairly neutral overall.

Chane - I don't understand what you're doing. I'm unsure how much experience you have playing mafia in other venues - could you tell us how much experience you have? Your play seems newbie to me, but reminds me of my own newbie play as scum. As a direct question - what are your opinions on the rest of the players?

I believe that crucialityfactor is probably town. I can't see how Chane could have though so as early as she did, though. My immediate assumption would be a mason group, but cf didn't claim it, which reduces the likelihood in my eyes. It's also possible that cf didn't want to claim mason so early, which I think would be reasonable (would it? I have no idea how to play mason as I never have).

I believe both of mpolo's claims. I see no reason not to believe them, and I see no reason not to claim miller early. He took a while in getting here but was quick with content once he did arrive, and real life explanation was given for the absence.

emlightened seems to have gone after Chane quite quickly and fairly viciously for so early in the game. Aside from that she's posted very little, and even less that's useful content. I don't like her play much at all, it's Not Good For Town™, imo.

I will be online for the next couple of hours and actively checking the thread, so I'll respond fairly quickly to questions etc in that time frame.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:26 am UTC
by Sabrar
@Carlington: I found kalira's post with the flavor very helpful and I don't see how an unpredictable consequence of her speculation on the Aes Sedai (namely 'contributing to the aggression directed at Chane') could have any relevance on her alignment. Obviously I would like if she posted more but I think you're very quick to judge her based solely on that.
On another note: are you saying that you 100% believe mpolo to be Town?

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:59 am UTC
by Carlington
My understanding of the game was that it would be playable flavourblind, which implies to me that there can't be a huge advantage given to players that know the flavour. Certainly flavourspec is helpful, but I think that kalira's posts would benefit from more content involving actual game play as well.

Of course I don't believe mpolo is 100% town. However, I don't see any reason to doubt his claim yet and I do presently believe he is town. There is a difference between those statements, though.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:20 pm UTC
by Sabrar
@Carlington (little bit off-topic, hence spoiler-tag):
Spoiler:
Dollhouse was also playable flavorblind, but to give you an example bessie could have figured out based on her role-pm and N1 flavor that the Chair was the method of the Mafia-kill and then the setup would have been more clear.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:29 pm UTC
by Carlington
That's fair, and I misremembered the exact wording of the flavour knowledge section of the post in the signup thread. I'm a little less anti-flavour-focus in view of having checked that, but still prefer a focus on player analysis with flavour being used to supplement it, rather than vice-versa.

Re: Wheel of Time - The Horn of Valere (D1)

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:29 pm UTC
by Chane
Well, Snark is the only scumread I have. Him continuing to insist that I am a Jester when I stated that I am not looks like scum trying to push an easy mislynch.