Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:14 pm UTC

That's acceptable to me.

Votes for me would be helpful.
_______________________________________

Znirk wrote:One: What has changed, really? DJ claims to be jester, which I'm pretty sure was the general assumption already. He offers nothing, he merely points out that lynching him will prevent his night action. His "offer" to not use one of his six blocks if he's killed before nightfall is either nonsense or really another threat to focus on probable town and rather withhold than hit scum.


I don't quite understand what you're saying. If I don't die by lynching, I roleblock everyone I can and exert maximum damage. If I die by lynch, my roleblocks wouldn't go through tonight, seeing as I'd be dead.

Of course, this damage will be mostly directed at town, which you should all be worried about because you're town... right?


Znirk wrote:Two: One way to improve town's chances in the night action processing order gamble might be for Van to try to nurse-block DJ. Or HBC could try to get his roleblock in edgewise, I suppose.


Once again, yes, you could try that. But now you're just using up additional townie resources, which is in effect causing even more damage than just my roleblocks.

As I mentioned with Madge, you could try your hand at this, but it is an entirely unnecessary risk.

Lynch me and you have no problems. Trying to avoid lynching me purely for the satisfaction of not complying with my deal and you're only making things difficult for town.


Znirk wrote:(It is six roleblocks, not five: they're based on [people who died at night], not [people night-killed]; so both lovers count.)



Oh dear... I do hope that Thomas's most recent research proposal to his tenure committee isn't typed in the same ugly font as last time...

Catch my drift?

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Snark » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:24 pm UTC

I am a survivor and lose if lynched. I will put my vote and power where you tell me if you help me win the game. Any faction can win the game with me alive and I'd appreciate some help here.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:57 pm UTC

So we have Dje outed as jester and Snark claiming Survivor?

Lol. This game.

I actually believe Snark. I saw him as Townie throughout the game and in a way he was; he at least isn't tied to any of the wolves/aliens so I doubt he's bluffing.

Past that, I say we lynch Dje so we can get some reliable investigations going through. One idea was for Madge to kill Dje but I'd rather her save that power; she's a straight null for me and seeing who she chooses to kill without influence could shed light on her alignment. Furthermore, even if she kills Dje tonight I'm pretty sure his roleblocks would still go through because I have never, ever, seen roleblocks fail if the player is killed. They are usually go through anyway and are often first on the action resolution list.

So yeah, let's lynch Dje because with the numbers working against Town more and more we need every night action we can get.

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:14 pm UTC

Snark wrote:I am a survivor and lose if lynched. I will put my vote and power where you tell me if you help me win the game. Any faction can win the game with me alive and I'd appreciate some help here.

If you are a survivor, who are your sibling(s)?

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:37 pm UTC

Thank you very much for the summaries.

Let's not lynch the jester. Or the survivor. FOS: HBC

Ok, here are my scumreads without doing a reread:

1. Suzaku as Suzaku the Samurai: neutral
2. Lawrencelot as Victor the Vegetarian Butcher: confirmed town
3. SirGabriel as Father Patrick the Franciscan Priest: seems strange to me, maybe Druid or something. Or just town
5. Diemo Madge as Xela the Xenomorph: scummy, maybe alien
6. YOLOSWAG as Marco the Meticulous US Marine: town or third
7. mpolo as Quenton the Quality Assurance Lab Worker: feels scummy but probably busy
10. ConMan as Perry the Perfectly Ordinary Fellow: werewolf or alien I think
11. frogman Echo244 as Thomas the Tenure-Track Professor: town or werewolf
12. Dr Ug as Darryl the Drug-taking Dog: scum.
14. Djehutynakht as Remus the Ranger: jester
16. van as Heather the Hospital Administrator: town
20. RoadieRich as Oscar the Original GangsterTM: werewolf or lone wolf
21. jimbobmacdoodle as Jimmy the Janitor: werewolf or lone wolf
22. Snark as Iggy the Irrelevant Idiot: survivor
26. Znirk as Karl the Karateka: town I think?

two anti-town in [Sungura, znirk, mpolo, Van, patzer, Djehutynakht]. Assuming Sungura, znirk, Van, patzer and Dje are not anti-town, this is impossible so jimbob is lying. If he isn't, at least mpolo is probably anti-town, with either Van or znirk.
three anti-town in [Sungura, moody7277, Lawrencelot, Sabrar, patzer, Echo244, mpolo, zombie!Dimochka, Van, znirk, Snark]. Assuming Sungura, moody, me, Sabrar, patzer, Van, znirk and Snark are not anti-town, zombie!Dimochka is anti-town with Echo244 and mpolo.

These are the people I want to lynch: mpolo, Echo244, jimbob. If we lynch jimbob first we know whether we can trust the results, but I'm not sure he's an alien. Echo244 has a useful ability. Mpolo turns as scum in both of jimbob's results, and his power is less useful so we risk less. And he has more chance of being an alien, and I don't know what his contribution to town has been.

Unvote;
Vote: mpolo

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 pm UTC

So, let's just let Dje roleblock nearly half the game? What if those targets are potentially stopping people whose powers we are using to determine the correct plays in future days? Who cares, then?

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:51 pm UTC

I don't like the idea of losing the informtion on a lynch. My vote stays on Snark, and I suggest madge kills DJ.
Djehutynakht wrote:Of course, this damage will be mostly directed at town, which you should all be worried about because you're town... right?
If you think you have such a strong read on who is town, why not share that information? It might convince us more to go along with your plan. At the moment, a random shotgun of roleblockers is just as likely to work for us (cutting out some of the mass of anti-town kills) as not.

I do not buy the survivor claim at all.
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:So, let's just let Dje roleblock nearly half the game? What if those targets are potentially stopping people whose powers we are using to determine the correct plays in future days? Who cares, then?
And what if they're blocking all the anti-town actions because DJ doesn't actually know who town is?
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:57 pm UTC

He doesn't know, but it's becoming more and more obvious who's aligned w/Town or at least who they trust and whose actions will be used towards making a decision.

I cannot believe it is actually being argued that we leave him alive and give him the opportunity to screw up town's power roles when the herd is thinning. That is not something you chance.

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:59 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:So, let's just let Dje roleblock nearly half the game? What if those targets are potentially stopping people whose powers we are using to determine the correct plays in future days? Who cares, then?

Just let Madge kill him. The only disadvantage is not seeing who Madge would kill otherwise, but this disadvantage is negligible.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:18 pm UTC

The person I'd kill otherwise is DJ. I mean, my saying "Btw guys I'm killing DJ, just FYI" is the thing that caused him to make this big threat. So you're getting that benefit, too.

And the person I'd kill apart from DJ is Snark, which I already said. I claimed all that and people seem to be agreeing with me, which is good because vig has always been my nightmare power.

Also I'm not convinced that the roleblocks go through before my kill, since my kill is unblockable, but it's not something I'd bet the farm on. I also agree that it's very possible that DJ will block scum kills with that many roleblocks flying around.

As I've said before, I really don't think we should respond to threats for meta reasons, but this decision isn't mine to make since I don't even have a vote.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Suzaku » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:57 pm UTC

At the risk of meta gaming, I'd be very surprised if Xela's unblockable kill prevents Remus' roleblocks. That is definitely not how things normally work. Madge has been playing here long enough to realize this, so I find her insistence that it's a good bet somewhat scummy.

As far as I recall, there's no singleton survivor in the game, so survivor!Snark must have a sibling or two. Anyone fancy claiming to be one?
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:01 pm UTC

Fine, take the risk if you want. I have no doubt you'd kill me, but I'm also pretty sure that the odds are in favor of the roleblocks going through.

I said it again, and I'll say it now. There is no reason. No absolute concrete reason, why you shouldn't vote for me. Town loses absolutely nothing in doing so.

(And with regards to the meta, this type of a situation is extremely rare; one of the reasons I wanted to attempt this angle of gameplay, honestly).



...If nobody plans on voting for me then, please excuse me. I have a committee meeting I have to go attend...

User avatar
Znirk
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am UTC
Location: ZZ9 plural Z α

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Znirk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:13 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:
Znirk wrote:One: What has changed, really? DJ claims to be jester, which I'm pretty sure was the general assumption already. He offers nothing, he merely points out that lynching him will prevent his night action. His "offer" to not use one of his six blocks if he's killed before nightfall is either nonsense or really another threat to focus on probable town and rather withhold than hit scum.

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

This:
Djehutynakht wrote:...Oh, and as a deal-sweetener, I'll also avoid using my 6th roleblock too.

That's the nonsense part I was referring to.

Djehutynakht wrote:Lynch me and you have no problems.

... except for the little matter of throwing the game to you.

Djehutynakht wrote:Trying to avoid lynching me purely for the satisfaction of not complying with my deal and you're only making things difficult for town.

If and only if you're right about who is and isn't town.

Again, there is no actual deal here, and no new situation arising from your threat. You were being obviously jestery, people picked up on it, now you're explicitly threatening to throw a posthumous hissy fit if we don't let you win. Sure, if you're good then your sabotage might hand the win to the wolves. But by night-killing you, town at least has a chance at winning instead of playing for first loser behind you.

Snark wrote:I am a survivor and lose if lynched. I will put my vote and power where you tell me if you help me win the game. Any faction can win the game with me alive and I'd appreciate some help here.


HAHAHAHA no. Should have thought of that one earlier. At this point it just looks desperate, and I'm not buying it.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:So, let's just let Dje roleblock nearly half the game? What if those targets are potentially stopping people whose powers we are using to determine the correct plays in future days? Who cares, then?


Circular logic. Jester:Dje only has public information available to him to choose his targets. If town/scum-ness is obvious enough by this point that Dje can reliably target mostly pro-town, then how urgently do we really need those results?

I'm warming up an older hypothesis here, but: HBC, you seem very nervous about Dje's threat. Are you by any chance a lone wolf worrying that a too-low-by-one death toll tonight might out you if you get blocked?

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Suzaku » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:14 pm UTC

Znirk - Dj winning does not cause town to lose.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:15 pm UTC

On it's own, Shark's claim is a major scum-tell to me. From what I can see, there is no reason for a survivor group not to claim and confirm each other. The only real threat to them once confirmed are lone wolves, as far as I see it. Both town and werewolves can win with them, so confirmed survivors are helpful to either side to allow better kill and lynch usage. A lone survivor provides no useful info to anyone, and could easily be a fake claim.

If there are survivors not on Snark's team, please claim now, so that we can confirm Snark is lying.

@Snark, please say who your sibling(s) are. Until you do, my vote stays.

On the DJ/Snark lynch question, it's worth noting that lone wolf!Snark would probably get a kill if not lynched today. I'd be willing to switch to voting DJ, if there's general consensus that way, but only if Madge targets Snark. I'd prefer to lynch Snark though, since I don't like giving into blackmail.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:17 pm UTC

EBWOP: Shark = Snark. Stupid phone keyboard. Sorry Snark.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:28 pm UTC

I tend to agree with Znirk. As I've said, DJ has no further info than the rest of us. He could just as easily block lone wolf kills, werewolf kills, as town powers.

HBC why are you so concerned about roleblockage?
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Suzaku » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:32 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:Znirk - Dj winning does not cause town to lose.

To expand on this, the only downside to lynching Dj is the opportunity cost; we don't get to lynch anyone else.

The upside (positing town!RoadieRich) is that it guarantees Echo's investigation on jimbob goes through, and eliminates 6 roleblocks on a pool of 11 players (before elimination based on role/read). Yes, it's true that Dj has no better information than town, but when he can block more than half the player pool that's close to irrelevant, I submit.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

Look. All I want is to get lynched. Madge can kill whoever else you people want dead tonight, which makes up for the fact that you're giving up a lynch. We all leave happy.


Why is this such a hard concept?

Jester win and town win (or anyone else, for that matter) are simultaneous. Town doesn't lose anything by lynching me. It doesn't come in second place or anything, Znirk. My win condition in no way diminishes anyone elses.


The only good reason you'd have for waiting to kill me at night is pride at not giving the Jester what he wants. There is no other quantifiable benefit that anyone here can argue for.


I just want a solution that works for the both of us.


Votes would be appreciated.

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:54 pm UTC

...because I don't want town to open themselves up to getting half of the playerlists' powers blocked? Because I want investigations to actually succeed?

It is protown to want to ensure that town roles can work. Holy shit guys, attack the meat of my argument instead of just...crying wolf. Ok I had to go for that joke.

Znirk, I don't understand what you're saying. The results of night actions has been a driving force of discussion over the duration of the game and while I do think it's getting clearer as to who is town and who isn't, the information we get from them will only help us narrow down the scum cuz it'll give us more to analyze.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:30 am UTC

Unofficial Votals:

mpolo (2): ConMan, Lawrencelot
Snark (5): SirGabriel, Dr Ug, znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, Echo244
RoadieRich (1): Snark

Not voting (6): Djehutynakht, mpolo, Van, YOLOSWAG, roadierich, Suzaku

Game Status:
Madge is currently voteless.
Znirk is currently a Nurse.
3 Tenure Committee members remain alive.
Echo244 has proposed investigating jimbobmacdoodle. Tenure committee members should send in their votes before day end.

14 voting players, so 8 votes required to majority lynch.

Soft deadline set for 8pm GMT, Wednesday 9 December 2015 - roughly 19-and-a-half hours from now.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby ConMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:39 am UTC

Ninja'd about a thousand times, but I think the meat of my argument still holds. I'll check and post a correction if necessary.

I had almost posted something about how Jester!Dje could use all those roleblocks to hold the game hostage, then thought better of it in case it gave him the idea. Oh well.

I think it's pretty likely Dje's block will happen before Madge's kill, so he can still hold a third of the game hostage this turn if that's what he wants to do. So either we lynch him and Madge kills Snark, or we lynch someone (potentially Snark) and let Madge kill Dje. If the former, then we're definitely safe from the wave of blocks but give Dje his win and if anyone disagrees with the Snark lynch then they don't really get their way. If the latter, then we can choose a lynch target as per normal, we deny Dje his win, and maybe-or-maybe-not have a bunch of people blocked.

Actually, since we're talking about "unblockable" as going through roleblocks as well as doctors, but I could interpret the term either way, let's just make 100% sure.

Is Madge's kill affected by being roleblocked?

Anyway, back to the issue of what happens if lots of people are roleblocked - Dje can pretty much choose whoever he wants to block and it's likely to turn out bad for town. With 1-2 aliens out there, there's a good chance he won't hit either of them; wolves are maybe 50-50, depending on how they decide to allocate their kills; lone wolves are about as hard to hit as aliens. So if he decides to just lash out randomly he might hit a scum or two but probably not enough to help town. Meanwhile, if he targets the towniest players he can find - or the players with the most beneficial-to-town abilities - while it's possible he will hit some well-hidden scum we have enough confirmed or nearly confirmed townies that it isn't as much of a risk to his plan as it might otherwise be.

Urgh. You mod a great Halloween game, Djehutynakht, but you play a mean Jester game. And as much as I hate to say it, but you make a very convincing argument. My personal preference is to lynch Dje and have Madge kill Snark (or mpolo, but that's a minority opinion I apparently hold), and I think it's important to get that happening sooner rather than later.

Unvote
Vote Djehutynakht
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby ConMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:58 am UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:...because I don't want town to open themselves up to getting half of the playerlists' powers blocked? Because I want investigations to actually succeed?

It is protown to want to ensure that town roles can work. Holy shit guys, attack the meat of my argument instead of just...crying wolf. Ok I had to go for that joke.

Znirk, I don't understand what you're saying. The results of night actions has been a driving force of discussion over the duration of the game and while I do think it's getting clearer as to who is town and who isn't, the information we get from them will only help us narrow down the scum cuz it'll give us more to analyze.

Definitely in agreement with YOLOSWAG here. Dr Ug is completely wrong in saying that Dje could "just as easily" block scum actions - the problem is that Dje can definitely block certain actions, including the ones that have so far given us the greatest benefit, and in addition we have a solid group of confirmed and suspected town. He can happily block Lawrencealot, then maybe YOLOSWAG (who might be LW or 3rd party, but is definitely not WW or alien) and Suzaku (who is probably-town). Boom, two kills and an anti-wolf protection down. Then just take out a few investigative abilities and town spends D4 floundering. Way too much of a risk, so while I agree with Lawrencealot's general statement of "don't lynch the jester or the survivor", in this case there's just a little too much riding on it.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Madge » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:14 am UTC

Yeah... I'm beginning to think DJ's deal might be a good idea... the meta is not as good as argument as I thought, because how often do jesters have powers as strong as six roleblocks??

But basically, it seems Snark is confscum at this point - there are no single survivors, only sibling survivors - so if Snark has any siblings one or more need to claim, or Snark, why don't you out them? If Snark has a confirmed sibling I will change my backup kill target.

So I am keeping my kill targets - DJ because if we don't lynch him, we have a vindictive jester that I might have a chance of stopping, and Snark because I am pretty damn certain he's scum until someone backs up his survivor claim.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby ConMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:55 am UTC

Madge wrote:Yeah... I'm beginning to think DJ's deal might be a good idea... the meta is not as good as argument as I thought, because how often do jesters have powers as strong as six roleblocks??

But basically, it seems Snark is confscum at this point - there are no single survivors, only sibling survivors - so if Snark has any siblings one or more need to claim, or Snark, why don't you out them? If Snark has a confirmed sibling I will change my backup kill target.

So I am keeping my kill targets - DJ because if we don't lynch him, we have a vindictive jester that I might have a chance of stopping, and Snark because I am pretty damn certain he's scum until someone backs up his survivor claim.

I don't know, given that the wincon for the siblings is to have at least one of the pair make it to the end, then I can see an argument for not outing your partner. That said, I haven't really seen anyone standing up heavily for Snark in a way that would suggest they're the other half of the group.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Snark » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:29 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: mpolo


My promise to work with town as long as y'all leave me alive and follow Lawrencelot's vote is still on.

My being confirmed as a survivor is not worth outing my partner. If y'all choose to lynch me anyways, it'll be up to them to make it.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Snark » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:31 am UTC

Lawrence, pick my vote-sap target. Or give me a group of people if you don't want my target known.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:28 am UTC

Hm, you know what? Snark is looking a bit scummy right now. And I think claiming survivor was totally just a last-ditch effort to copycat me.

You guys should totally have Madge kill him tonight.

Many thanks for the vote ConMan. 4 more would be appreciated (or less, if some of the people on Snark switch sides)

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Van » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:32 am UTC

Okay, trying to get caught up, starting from the beginning of D3. Also, uh, wow. It didn't hit me how ridiculous N2 was, but that's a lot of dead people.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Option 2: DJ is not scum, means two of {mpolo, Van, znirk} are scum and none of the others are.
All the focus is on DJ at the moment, but since he's claimed jester... I'm pretty sure this means you are lying. I know that I am not scum, and I'm relatively sure one of those two people is not scum, which means you have to be lying about your results.

Regarding the DJ shenanigans:
We could go ahead and not lynch him and hope either a nurse or kill or whatever would take affect before his roleblocks. I'm not really willing to bet on the odds of success there, but it's an option.
This is kind of dumb, but I almost want to keep him alive. To be 100% honest, with the exception of straight-shooting HBC, I feel like power roles are hurting us more than helping us in this game. Suzuku and RR killed two incredibly townie people last night, we're up to our necks in wine about jimbob and Dr Ug's investigations, etc.

If he blocks town and hits one of those, did we really lose anything?
If he hits scum, we're probably better off unless they were killing another scum.

Also, I kinda really don't want to negotiate with Jesterrorists?

Unfortunately, I agree with ConMan here. My gut feeling is lynching him is probably a mistake, but leaving him alive is a bigger mistake.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Djehutynakht
Posts: 1546
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:39 am UTC

I can guarantee that keeping me alive will not be a good idea.

Don't think of me as a Jesterrorist. I'm just a guy trying to fulfill my win-con.

Hey, at the very least, I'm offering to help town get an investigation result. That's...something? I guess?

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Van » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:47 am UTC

Whoops, forgot to actually vote.

:arrow: :arrow: Vote: Djehutynakht
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:24 am UTC

ConMan wrote:Is Madge's kill affected by being roleblocked?
Madge's unblockable kill will ignore all roleblocks.

Votals:

Djehutynakht (2): ConMan, Van
Snark (5): SirGabriel, Dr Ug, znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, Echo244
mpolo (2): Lawrencelot, Snark

Not voting (5): Djehutynakht, mpolo, YOLOSWAG, roadierich, Suzaku

Game Status:
Madge is currently voteless.
Znirk is currently a Nurse.
3 Tenure Committee members remain alive.
Echo244 has proposed investigating jimbobmacdoodle. Tenure committee members should send in their votes before day end.

14 voting players, so 8 votes required to majority lynch.

Soft deadline set for 8pm GMT, Wednesday 9 December 2015 - roughly 10 hours, 35 minutes from now.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 am UTC

Having thought about it, and seeing the arguements above, I'm coming around to the idea of lynching DJ.

Madge, assuming you kill Snark, I think that's actually the better way around, as Snark's ability is much less important, and 6/11 blocks is too much risk.

unvote
Vote: DJ
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:32 am UTC

Also, can we request a deadline extension. Conversation is far from slow, so I don't think we need it atm.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:39 am UTC

Ok, the only reason I can see for scum wanting to lynch Dje is because of the alternative, which is only Snark at the moment. I don't really think lynching Snark is the best option but it's certainly better than lynching Dje. I'll have to trust Madge actually kills Dje, but else we can just lynch her.

Unvote;
Vote: Snark

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Lawrencelot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:42 am UTC

And FOS: Dr Ug for still wanting to lynch Dje after seeing he's not a threat. Or do you not trust Madge, Dr Ug? If so, maybe you should vote for her.

Snark wrote:Lawrence, pick my vote-sap target. Or give me a group of people if you don't want my target known.

Anyone I find scummy in here is fine.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:24 am UTC

Not a threat? How so?

He can, I think, literally block every player with a targeted night action, except Madge.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:34 am UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:And FOS: Dr Ug for still wanting to lynch Dje after seeing he's not a threat. Or do you not trust Madge, Dr Ug? If so, maybe you should vote for her.

Snark wrote:Lawrence, pick my vote-sap target. Or give me a group of people if you don't want my target known.

Anyone I find scummy in here is fine.
What?

Option 1:

lynch DJ, kill snark

no roleblocks
no loss of game (jester win is not town loss)
snark still dies

Option 2:

lynch snark, kill DJ
potentially 6 roleblocks
no loss of game (presumably)
DJ still dies.

Option 1 is blatantly better than option 2. I was wrong with my earlier opinion.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Misnomer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:35 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Also, can we request a deadline extension. Conversation is far from slow, so I don't think we need it atm.

On balance, I believe that the overall pacing of the game is not best served by an extension. The existing deadline stands.

Votals:

Djehutynakht (3): ConMan, Van, Dr Ug
Snark (5): SirGabriel, znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, Echo244, Lawrencelot
mpolo (1): Snark

Not voting (5): Djehutynakht, mpolo, YOLOSWAG, roadierich, Suzaku

Game Status:
Madge is currently voteless.
Znirk is currently a Nurse.
3 Tenure Committee members remain alive.
Echo244 has proposed investigating jimbobmacdoodle. Tenure committee members should send in their votes before day end.

14 voting players, so 8 votes required to majority lynch.

Soft deadline set for 8pm GMT, Wednesday 9 December 2015 - roughly 8 hours, 25 minutes from now.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Suzaku » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:41 am UTC

Vote: Djeheutynakht

Yet to see a good argument why this is the wrong thing to do.

I'll be around for a few more hours if there's anything I need to respond to.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moody7277 and 14 guests