Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D3: C is for Carnage

Postby Madge » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:59 am UTC

I hope you're not a jester because it will mean that killing you tonight gives us much less useful information than we'd get if you are town or scum. I don't really have an opinion of your alignment one way or the other, I just think your death would be the most useful.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:45 am UTC

Then why not lynch me today?

If you let me live to tonight, and I am non-town, 5 roleblocks have the potential to cause town some serious damage.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:28 am UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:Then why not lynch me today?

If you let me live to tonight, and I am non-town, 5 roleblocks have the potential to cause town some serious damage.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:24 am UTC

By which I mean:
Djehutynakht wrote:Wait, does everyone really think I'm a jester? I mean, I know I've been a bit inactive, but my play's a little too pathetic to be an actual attempt at jestering, no?
Djehutynakht wrote:Then why not lynch me today?

Wtf? I'm not a jester, but why not lynch me today in case I'm anti-town?

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 am UTC

Hey Lawrencelot, too many anti-town running around to be able to have a coherent conversation.

Pick a lynch target today and tell everyone to vote for them.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:45 am UTC

Trying to discourage people you think are anti-town from talking is stupid. We want anti-town to post as much as possible, as they are more likely to slip up and implicate their team mates.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:21 pm UTC

I'm thinking Dj and Madge may be the Druid pair.

Dj is looking so jestery I want to start the 'Chalice from the palace, flagon with the dragon' spiel. Madge, particularly here:
Madge wrote:I hope you're not a jester because it will mean that killing you tonight gives us much less useful information than we'd get if you are town or scum. I don't really have an opinion of your alignment one way or the other, I just think your death would be the most useful.
seems to be aiding and abetting more than anything else.

In the case that this is accurate, I argue we should lynch Dj and NK Madge, as the roleblocks are probably worse for town than the unblockable kill, at this point. If nothing else, Dj can probably make sure he doesn't get NKed, meaning we still have to deal with him tomorrow.

This is probably true even if Dj's a regular jester, in which case I'm afraid Madge would end up being collateral damage, but she would at least get one shot off, hopefully at scum.

I don't think we need to be too worried about the Alien invasion (it's at the end of D6 and we're still only D3), so we can probably afford a third-party lynch without overly jeopardising the game.
If someone can convince me that someone is pretty unequivocally an Alien, I'd prefer that lynch, of course, but I don't have that view on anyone at this point.

On some other players:
I tend to trust Snark, and by inference distrust SirGabriel.
I'm confident YOLOSWAG is town based on claims (sure he's either town or playing an awesome lone wolf game).
I don't like RoadieRich because of the Sungura kill. I agree with Lawrencelot taking their kill away.
Speaking of which, Lawrenelot is conftown, and I'd throw my support along with Snark in lynching his target.
Dr Ug, I'm not sure on. I understand being to busy to post (and damning them for post count would be the worst hypocracy ever, for me).
jimbob, I need to go over again. Fairly neutral, as nothing has stood out, but I need to see how that sits with my reads versus his on other players. Requires time; should be possible in the next day or so.
ConMan, ditto. If I had to choose right now between the two, I'd probably follow Snark, but that may change after a reread in iso.

Anyone else I omitted above, add to the 'nothing has stood out' list.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:29 pm UTC

Hmmm.

Rules question: Does DJ Remus' "roleblock" only affect literal player roles, or does he also block faction powers like wolf kills and alien mind control?

Because if it's the former, I'd encourage any lone wolves to have a nibble on our blatant jester tonight. After all, fewer roleblocks likely mean more kills, which does some of your work for you.

I'll dedicate some time tonight (it's 14:20 for me now). As an impression off recent discussion, I'm inclined towards trusting Dr. Ug, and I'd be on board with lynching Snark or Jimbob, but will offer a better-founded opinion in six hours or so.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:29 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Trying to discourage people you think are anti-town from talking is stupid. We want anti-town to post as much as possible, as they are more likely to slip up and implicate their team mates.

I encourage everyone to post lots and lots, then vote how Lawrencelot votes.

Suzaku wrote:I'm thinking Dj and Madge may be the Druid pair.

Dj is looking so jestery I want to start the 'Chalice from the palace, flagon with the dragon' spiel. Madge, particularly here:
Madge wrote:I hope you're not a jester because it will mean that killing you tonight gives us much less useful information than we'd get if you are town or scum. I don't really have an opinion of your alignment one way or the other, I just think your death would be the most useful.
seems to be aiding and abetting more than anything else.

In the case that this is accurate, I argue we should lynch Dj and NK Madge, as the roleblocks are probably worse for town than the unblockable kill, at this point. If nothing else, Dj can probably make sure he doesn't get NKed, meaning we still have to deal with him tomorrow.

This is probably true even if Dj's a regular jester, in which case I'm afraid Madge would end up being collateral damage, but she would at least get one shot off, hopefully at scum.
This seems like a decent theory. They're both jestery, and I don't *think* Misnomer would put two jesters in a game that already has a ton of anti-town factions and at least one traitor.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:54 pm UTC

Snark wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:Trying to discourage people you think are anti-town from talking is stupid. We want anti-town to post as much as possible, as they are more likely to slip up and implicate their team mates.

And what exactly would they be posting about, if their vote is already determined? I agree with Dr Ug, we want scum to have actual discussion. Also, I don't think it's best for town if all the townies blindly follow one person's lynch target, even if that person is confirmed town. I think this is just a scummy move by Snark, hoping that Lawrencelot won't find him as scummy as some of the other players have.

With regard to DJ/Madge, I'm not sure lynching a likely jester/druid is the best move, even if not lynching him means giving him a few roleblocks. In fact, roleblocks might even be helpful for town, as there are at least two nightkills controlled by anti-town. And, depending on the order in which night actions are resolved, we might even be able to prevent him from roleblocking if Yoloswag roleblocks him.

I don't really expect an answer, but it can't hurt to ask:
What happens if DJ and Yoloswag roleblock each other?

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:46 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:
Snark wrote:

And what exactly would they be posting about, if their vote is already determined? I agree with Dr Ug, we want scum to have actual discussion. Also, I don't think it's best for town if all the townies blindly follow one person's lynch target, even if that person is confirmed town. I think this is just a scummy move by Snark
Sure is scummy to suggest turning the lynch into a vig kill when
Snark wrote:That makes 4 Town, 1 Mason, 2 Werewolves, 1 Alien, 1 Traitor left for sure. Plus 5 more roles in the group [Town, Werewolf, Lone Wolf, Alien, Druid (pair), Jester, Survivor (group), Traitor]
is the distribution of players voting. /sarcasm

SirGabriel wrote:hoping that Lawrencelot won't find him as scummy as some of the other players have.
Not wanting to be lynched is a non-jester tell, not a scum-tell.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:29 pm UTC

Znirk wrote:Rules question: Does DJ Remus' "roleblock" only affect literal player roles, or does he also block faction powers like wolf kills and alien mind control?
It blocks targeted player actions - so the werewolf kill, for example, could be roleblocked.
SirGabriel wrote:What happens if DJ and Yoloswag roleblock each other?
I do not intend to discuss anything to do with the night action resolution order.

Votals:

mpolo (1): ConMan
Snark (2): SirGabriel, Dr Ug
RoadieRich (1): Lawrencelot
Madge (1): Snark

Not voting (9): Djehutynakht, Echo244, mpolo, Van, znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, YOLOSWAG, roadierich, Suzaku

Game Status:
Madge is currently voteless.
Znirk is currently a Nurse.
3 Tenure Committee members remain alive.

14 voting players, so 8 votes required to majority lynch.

What is it girl? Is there somebody trapped in the old abandoned mine? No? Oh wait, I see - it's a deadline!

Soft deadline set for 8pm GMT, Wednesday 9 December 2015 - roughly 2 days, 2.5 hours from now.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:02 pm UTC

OK: I'm pretty convinced by now that Jimbob is lying scum. Leaning towards alien though, so dealing with him can wait a day or two. However:
SirGabriel wrote:Znirk and mpolo, you talked about investigating jimbob; who do you think should do the investigation? We only have two investigative roles left (Echo and Dr Ug).

I specifically talked about investigating or ignoring Jimbob. I hadn't really counted the remaining roles, so you're probably right that there are better investigation targets. From my perspective as one of the [Van | Mpolo | Znirk] shortlist which according to jimbob contains 2-3 scum, it then becomes more attractive to kill jimbob to have him flip scum.

However, since I'd be the only one voting for jimbob at this point and Snark has also been giving me an unspecific bad feeling:

Snark. I had been willing to assume that it was his way of expressing himself that rubbed me the wrong way; but D3 has certainly been interesting, Snark-wise. Echo, Sir Gabriel and Dr Ug pop up with variations on the theme of "something fishy about Snark", and Snark's response is to suggest putting a stop to lynch discussion (or to deflect it into a general discussion of who to night-kill, with the lynch determined by one person). That does not look good. I'm leaning any flavour of scum (but a big round of applause from me if he's actually a jester), and I support the idea of getting rid of him.

---> LAWRENCEALOT, any opinions on Snark's suggestion that you instruct everyone how to vote?

For now:

vote Snark

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:49 pm UTC

Lawrence. Save my butt and push some other lynch. Wagon ain't stopping with no town brakes on this scummy train.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:37 pm UTC

Right, I'm back. And there's a deadline in a couple of days. So, guess I better make some actual decisions. From my point of view, the best thing is to try and figure out which of the possible cases from my results are reality.

As discussed earlier, from my results, I know that either a) DJ is scum and therefore one of {Echo, Snark} is scum or b) 2 of {Van, Znirk, mpolo} are scum and none of {DJ, Echo, Snark} are. My gut feeling from following the posts over the weekend is that Snark is scum. The problem with this is that I am with everyone else and am getting jestery vibes from DJ, or more correctly, druidic vibes. The threat of who to roleblock strikes me as about as suicidal as putting on a red t-shirt in a Star Trek episode. I think it is entirely possible that DJ is a druid, who is getting to the point that he realises that he is going to get ignored, so needs to draw attention to himself. That being said, it could also be a scum gambit to try and make us think that they are a druid or jester and should be ignored, something which seems to have backfired with Madge's claimed target. Let's take a look at Snark and see if I can nail down that feeling:

Here's a summary of Snark's D3 posts:
Spoiler:
1. Claims not mind controlled, summarises claims over both nights, along with numbers of remaining alignments. Makes a mistake with his conclusions re. my results (not the only one to do so). Could be outnumbered.
2. Brief reads list. Leaning scum on RR, Znirk, Echo (based on mistaken logic); jester on Madge, DJ; town on Lawrencelot, Yoloswag, Van, me.
3. After mod clarification, posts revised list based on my results. Plans on voting me or Echo (again I think based on a mistake re. my results).
4. Corrects conclusions after I pointed out his mistake.
5. Asks Lawrencelot to wait for Dr Ug's results before blocking roadierich. Also suspicious of RR, due to his kill.
6. Thinks DJ's mistake re. alien deadline is alien posturing, not ignorance.
7. Explains reason for waiting to hammer, rather than voting second to last. Also, gives response to RR's question as to why did he make the decision he did re. his kill, as wine etc.
8. Suspicious of Dr Ug's results, because it doesn't implicate either player as being alien.
9. Doesn't bus teammates unless he has to. Defends himself with other statements as well. Thinks SirG's vote and reasoning looks scummy.
10. Votes Madge following a scum to town kind of list. Happy to lynch one of the two jesters, because one might be scum playing at jester. Madge is more dangerous than DJ as scum. Suggests we should follow Lawrencelot once we are outnumbered/nearly outnumbered.
11. Thinks Dr Ug's statement of Snark pinging him is OMGUS.
12. Asks for Lawrencelot to pick a target for the lynch, because there are "too many anti-town running around here to be able to have a coherent conversation".
13. Backs up his previous post by saying people should carry on discussing then vote with Lawrencelot. Agrees with Suzaku re. Madge/DJ as druids.
14. In a round about way, points out possibility of being outnumbered, and that following Lawrencelot is not scummy. Defends not wanting to be lynched as non-jester, not scum-tell.
15. Calls again for Lawrencelot to save him and stop the wagon that has formed.
Vote Snark

Here's why:
a) His posts are getting more and more defensive as the day goes on. I think this is scum, probably the last of his faction, backed into a corner and trying to find a way out. Indeed, his last vote is screaming of a player panicking, to me, and more so than an innocent townie would.
b) Scaremongering with his "we could be outnumbered" belief. We *could* be, but we could also theoretically have 9 townies alive as well (FWIW, I think town isn't outnumbered, but is probably pretty close to being so). Scaremongering is a scum tactic, that I attempted to employ in Draculafia, as it was becoming obvious that I was going down.
c) Calling for Lawrencelot to lead the lynch. Whilst I accept that Lawrencelot's opinions hold greater weight than others, due to his confirmed-town nature, he may not be always right. We need to keep discussing who is scum, so that we can get more accurate with our lynches and kills.
d) His vote is on Madge, who is jestery by his own admission. Surely it would be better to try and find scum at this point? You said that you don't like RR, so why not go after him? I'm not sure a kill in the hands of a jester is a worrying thing for town particularly. On the other hand, DJ's multi-roleblock could block all but one of the killers (2 of whom appear to be town by Snark's own statement again), and thus reduce the number of kills by more than that.
e) I've come to the conclusion that Snark's decision to be the last poster was because he wanted to hide amongst the crowd a bit better.
f) He claims that he doesn't bus his buddies without good reason. Whilst this might be true (can anyone confirm on his meta?), being the last to vote on a pretty-much guaranteed lynch is a good reason in my eyes (townie cred for being on a wagon lynching scum). Negating someone's vote in such a large game really doesn't seem all that powerful at this stage, so I don't think it even really counts as bussing.
g) His suspicion of Dr Ug seems to be a bit of an attempt to try and discredit a set of results. DJ could easily be a jester or druid as he himself acknowledges. All that means is that RR is not alien, jester or druid. He could easily be town or wolf or some other third party. Hardly a reason to be so suspicious.

That's 7 different reasons, almost entirely based only on his D3 play. DJ could be a teammate, but I think is more likely to be scum from another faction. I don't know which of the other three would therefore be scum.

@Madge, please stick with your planned target of killing DJ. He is either scum or I am horribly wrong about Snark and is likely to be some kind of druid or jester.

I'm willing to listen to Lawrencelot's (or anyone else's) opinion on Snark, but to me the above points seem pretty clear cut.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:16 pm UTC

So Madge plans to kill me tonight, then?

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:19 am UTC

Sorry DJ. I'd tell you not to take it personally, but it's..... pretty personal, I guess?

I'm pretty well set on you or RR, since killing one will tell us about the other; and there's so much speculation that you're jester that even if RR flips scum, people will still think you could be jester, so it's more useful to kill you. If you flip jester or druid, we still have the problem of whether RR is town or scum, but that in my mind is a better problem than whether you are town or indie.

Of course we also have the problem of whether Dr Ug is telling the truth or not, but that's another issue entirely....
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:36 am UTC

Snark wrote:Lawrence. Save my butt and push some other lynch. Wagon ain't stopping with no town brakes on this scummy train.

Really, Snark? If there was even a chance you and Lawrence had something going on then this would paint both of you in a terrible light. As it is, this just makes you look desperate - but desperate for what, I'm not entirely sure. As jimbob points out, just because Lawrence is confirmed town doesn't mean that his opinion should be followed without question - it's still possible for scum to influence him, and blindly voting with him just gives scum a safe excuse for being on a bandwagon.

Djehutynakht wrote:So Madge plans to kill me tonight, then?

Ah. I'm going to take this to mean "So it would be in my best interests to block Madge". Looks like Dje's ability makes him quite the tough nut to crack, especially if he knows who's likely to target him with a kill. So, I guess the options I see available are:

1. Someone else with a kill targets Dje without announcing it, assuming he doesn't block them as well
2. We give Dje what we suspect he wants, and lynch him since it's the only truly unblockable kill around
3. We hope that Dje doesn't actually block Madge (or that Madge's kill somehow pre-empts the block, but that's unlikely)
4. We let Dje live and focus our attention elsewhere

Obviously the reason we want to NK Dje is because there's a strong suggestion he's either a Jester or a Druid, or else he's acting like one to muddy the waters, and we want him dead so that we don't have to worry about that possibility any more. I suppose under those conditions, there's nothing inherently wrong with lynching him - if he is a Jester then he gets a win and we have to work a little harder to find the real scum but the game continues, if he isn't then we get to find out what his deal is and the game still continues.

So massive FoSes on Snark and Dje, and I'm tempted to vote Dje.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:41 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:The results of your investigations are as follows:

Diemo/Madge: Doctor
Djehutynakht: Horse
RoadieRich: Headlights

More later.

Hey Dr Ug, you never explained why you chose these targets. Madge is a given and I can maybe understand RR, but Dje seems right out of left field for me.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Znirk

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - *SIGNUPS CLOSED*

Postby Znirk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:43 am UTC

---> CONMAN

Misnomer wrote:[...] at the beginning of day 3 however, [Diemo/Madge] will reach maturity and gain an unblockable kill power.

This suggests that Dje can't block Madge.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:56 am UTC

Yeah, I wouldn't have been so stupid to publicly announce my intended target if I thought there was any chance of being roleblocked. I'm not afraid of DJ blocking me.

Unless I change my target today, either he's dead start of tomorrow or I'm dead start of tomorrow (i.e. if I'm lynched).

Might be some weirdness if e.g. the werewolves kill me or something, but I'd like to think that "unblockable kill power" means that even my death would not prevent me from it.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:17 am UTC

Vote: roadie

My vote is stuck to Law's now. He changes, I change. Like I said, I'm not wasting breath convincing traitors and jesters and aliens. Yall have my scum lists for when I die.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:17 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: roadie

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - *SIGNUPS CLOSED*

Postby ConMan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:45 am UTC

Znirk wrote:---> CONMAN

Misnomer wrote:[...] at the beginning of day 3 however, [Diemo/Madge] will reach maturity and gain an unblockable kill power.

This suggests that Dje can't block Madge.

Ah yeah. I forgot the word unblockable. I think I assumed that yours was the only ability that let kills go through despite protections. In which case, Madge can go ahead and kill Dje, and we'll see what comes of it. I'll leave my vote on mpolo, and consider whether to switch to Snark.
pollywog wrote:

Van

Postby Van » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:56 am UTC

Good news: I'm still alive! We recovered and just sent our poster off to the printers with about an hour to spare.
Bad news: You probably hate me for lurking! :( Haven't had any time for posting or even to read thread, so I'm like 3? pages behind. I'm in triage mode at the moment, and kind of need to focus on massive piles of homework due in ... 9 hours, but tomorrow there will be a glorious wall of text.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:32 am UTC

Alright then. I guess it's time to come clean then.

Yes, I would like to be lynched today.

So here's the thing. This here is what I'd like to call a stick-up.

I have 5 roleblocks at my disposal. Very useful. I can do a lot of damage tonight. I might die, but I'll be able to put a major dent in what people plan on doing tonight. And of course, because everybody here (but me) is obviously town, I'm going to make sure that I target the most townie people for my roleblocks (wink wink nudge nudge).

So, town, let's make a deal, shall we?

You lynch me today and I don't get to use my roleblocks.

Madge, instead of NKing me like she's publically announced, pledges to NK whoever the town would have otherwise voted to lynch today. (you can do a shadow vote alongside the actual voting for me)

This is a win-win for both of us. I get my win (and it won't end the game, so you're fine). And you get your lynch anyways without pesky roleblocks on valuable night actions.

It's the exact same outcome either way, except if I'm not lynched today I will make tonight very, very bad.

...Oh, and as a deal-sweetener, I'll also avoid using my 6th roleblock too.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:50 am UTC

You going to come clean with your alignment, too? Or just let us try to guess?

You may well die before your roleblocks go off. If my kill's unblockable I hazard a guess that I may be very first in action order, which means my kill could effectively be simultaneous to the lynch. (Now not sure exactly how likely that is going to be, but you know, worth considering - by not lynching you we're not dooming ourselves to a bunch of roleblocks)

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:06 am UTC

Fine. I'll claim Jester. Did it really need saying? I go for the finesse.

Well, you could go that route, yes. But Misnomer isn't giving out resolution-order information. So maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. Odds are you're wrong.

Either way, why take the risk? Look at the deal I've offered. It's completely legitimate and mutually beneficial. Town loses absolutely nothing (unless Madge is scum and doesn't go through with the kill they request of her; but if so then town has a great lynch candidate for tomorrow anyways).

Taking the gamble is entirely unnecessary.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:24 am UTC

For meta reasons I don't like the precedent of town responnding positively to threats - encourages scum to threaten town in future games.

However if DJ is lynched today in accordance with his deal, and a shadow vote occurs, I will kill the shadow vote winner to the best of my ability (e.g. if the vote leader suddenly changes while I'm not at the computer and then deadline is reached)

However I fear scum will advocate a DJ lynch and they might be more of a majority amongst people making shadow votes, so if I don't like the target I might publicly express that and choose a different target. But I will publicly announce my targets as I send them so there will be no surprises.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:44 am UTC

I hope to have some time for a meaningful and helpful post tonight. I plan to do the following but if someone could help me in the meantime that would be really helpful: summarize the night kills and who was responsible, and summarize the investigative results and their consequences (there are so many posts about it I don't know which one is correct).

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:12 am UTC

OK, developments. As someone with no night actions to lose I should probably stay in the back row for this discussion; but here's some initial thoughts anyway:

One: What has changed, really? DJ claims to be jester, which I'm pretty sure was the general assumption already. He offers nothing, he merely points out that lynching him will prevent his night action. His "offer" to not use one of his six blocks if he's killed before nightfall is either nonsense or really another threat to focus on probable town and rather withhold than hit scum. (It is six roleblocks, not five: they're based on [people who died at night], not [people night-killed]; so both lovers count.)

Two: One way to improve town's chances in the night action processing order gamble might be for Van to try to nurse-block DJ. Or HBC could try to get his roleblock in edgewise, I suppose.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:19 am UTC

Sorry, been offline a couple of days.

Kills:

freezeblade lynched
zombie!dimochka killed by YOLOSWAG
Sungura killed by RoadieRich
crucialityfactor killed by ?
moody killed by ?
patzer (and Sabrar) killed by Suzaku.

Investigative results:

Echo: Research proposal rejected

Dr Ug:

Diemo/Madge: Doctor
Djehutynakht: Horse
RoadieRich: Headlights

Are there any other results? jimbob's only really make sense in the context of the whole history of them.

So...

Research proposal: Investigate jimbob

We're going so far on his info. And I don't entirely trust him. And re-read all that? Are you kidding? So, investigate jimbob.

My other main candidate would be Snark, but that might be a wasted proposal. Since people started pointing fingers at him, I don't like his responses, or his attempt to buddy-up with Lawrencelot. Speaking of which:

Snark wrote:Vote: roadie

My vote is stuck to Law's now. He changes, I change. Like I said, I'm not wasting breath convincing traitors and jesters and aliens. Yall have my scum lists for when I die.

This list pings me. Traitors, jesters, aliens, they can all go to hell. But what about the wolves?

I think that's a slip and Snark's a wolf. I'd rather finish off the aliens, but I'll go with lynching a wolf.

Vote: Snark

Other issues:

Yes, please kill DJ, Madge.

Votes on RoadieRich... OK, I can understand blocking him after he killed Sungura, who was so towny it hurt. Dr Ug says he's neither jester nor alien, so could be wolf or traitor or something. But some of his other actions don't make sense for scum - the research committee claim, and claiming Sungura's kill when he could have used the silence of scum to claim crucialityfactor's murder (as YOLOSWAG asked him to, and as I assumed his kill to be). I don't know how that fits in. So not allowed to kill tonight, fine, and he's shifted down a notch or two, but I'm still not sure he's scum. Not as sure as I am with Snark.
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

Znirk

Postby Znirk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:29 am UTC

An attempt for Lawrencelot (and by the way, sorry for consistently misspelling your name as "Lawrencealot" up until now):

Kills

N1:
Ulysses (Opus) lynched. Werewolf.
Elmo (Dimochka) night-killed. Town.
Y the spy (weiyaoli) night-killed. Mason, tenure committee.
Zenith (Vytron) night-killed. Werewolf. Kill claimed by Marco (HBC)
Roadierich blocked by Lawrencelot's vote. Suzaku claims kill withheld.
-> Elmo and Y likely killed by wolves and 1 lone (though there was some speculation about Perry being a PGO and killing Elmo that way).

N2:
Wolfgang (SDK/Freezeblade) lynched. Alien.
Albert (moody) night-killed. Town.
Bunny (Sungura) night-killed. Mason. Kill claimed by Roadierich.
Luna (Patzer) night-killed. Lover. Kill claimed by Suzaku.
Gary (Sabrar) night-killed. Collateral damage as Luna's lover.
Calvin (CF) night-killed. Werewolf.
Nobody (Faubiguy/Dimochka) night-killed. Alien. Kill claimed by Marco (HBC), also targeted by Van.
-> again two kills unaccounted for, looking like wolves got Albert and a lone wolf got Calvin.

Investigations

N1:
dimochka dead
weiyaoli dead
moody has no dead players to investigate
CF: Sabrar cannot chat (true, but both killed N2)
Mpolo: no failed actions
Frogman: Suzaku is town
Patzer: Znirk did not target anyone
Jimbob: two anti-town in [Sungura, znirk, mpolo, Van, patzer, Djehutynakht]. Sungura and Patzer are known town (dead). Dje is currently claiming Jester.
Dr Ug: did not target. Explains that he did not know about his ability because he believed the alignment PM was a role PM, and he didn't check the thread.

N2:
dimochka dead
weiyaoli dead
moody dead
CF dead
Patzer dead
Echo/Frogman blocked by committee
Jimbob: three anti-town in [Sungura, moody7277, Lawrencelot, Sabrar, patzer, Echo244, mpolo, zombie!Dimochka, Van, znirk, Snark]. Sungura, Sabrar and Patzer are known town (dead). Lawrencelot is buddy-confirmed Mason. Dimochka is a dead alien.
Mpolo: Mind control attempt on Sungura failed. Nurse recruiting on zombie!dimochka failed.
Dr Ug: Diemo/Madge, DJ, RR all show different alignments. Since Diemo/Madge will always show Alien, neither DJ nor RR are alien.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:10 pm UTC

Madge wrote:However if DJ is lynched today in accordance with his deal, and a shadow vote occurs, I will kill the shadow vote winner to the best of my ability (e.g. if the vote leader suddenly changes while I'm not at the computer and then deadline is reached)

I believe you said you targeted DJ with Snark as backup; at this point Snark seems to be the most suspicious player, so if you just keep those two as your targets, you should be good.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:14 pm UTC

Unexpectedly, I got a room here with both Internet and a computer. I will not have all that much time, but should be able to check in fairly regularly.

If I have understood the win conditions, lynching Dje ends the game with a Dje win, which means that we REALLY shouldn't lynch him at this point. If he flips druid, we have to avoid killing the other druid except via lynch.

So, Madge, please feel free to kill Djehutynakht.

I don't know what to think about Snark's current "sheep mode". I don't trust that all too much, but do understand that an awful lot of posting is only going to be noise at this point.

I don't think that RoadieRich looks particularly good, what with the killing of an extremely townie player. However, he is unlikely alien.

YOLOSWAG might well be a lone-wolf (with two kills), but is unlikely a werewolf or alien, so again, lower priority.

I have to go now, so will leave this here.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:02 pm UTC

Thought this had been asked and answered, but seems it was only asked:

What third-party (as opposed to anti-town) wins, if any, will result in the game ending?

Anti-town wins necessarily cause the game to end, but perhaps third-party (e.g. Jester) wins do not.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:40 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:Thought this had been asked and answered, but seems it was only asked:

What third-party (as opposed to anti-town) wins, if any, will result in the game ending?

Anti-town wins necessarily cause the game to end, but perhaps third-party (e.g. Jester) wins do not.

Third-party win conditions will not, in and of themselves, cause the game to end.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:46 pm UTC

Votals:

mpolo (1): ConMan
Snark (5): SirGabriel, Dr Ug, znirk, jimbobmacdoodle, Echo244
RoadieRich (2): Lawrencelot, Snark

Not voting (6): Djehutynakht, mpolo, Van, YOLOSWAG, roadierich, Suzaku

Game Status:
Madge is currently voteless.
Znirk is currently a Nurse.
3 Tenure Committee members remain alive.
Echo244 has proposed investigating jimbobmacdoodle. Tenure committee members should send in their votes before day end.

14 voting players, so 8 votes required to majority lynch.

Soft deadline set for 8pm GMT, Wednesday 9 December 2015 - roughly 27 hours, 15 minutes from now.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:15 pm UTC

In that case, I would be willing to lynch Djehutynakht to get him out of the way, if others feel the same way.
Image <-- Evil experiment

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:34 pm UTC

I'm not sure DJ's roleblocks are a serious threat to town. It's quite possible that some of the towniest-looking people are actually scum playing very well, and DJ doesn't know any more than we do about who the scum are, so he could unintentionally block a lone wolf/werewolf kill. But if people are worried about the roleblocks, I would be willing to switch to voting DJ, as long as Madge agrees to keep DJ and Snark as her kill and backup kill.

Return to “Mafia”