Smalltown Werewolf PYP - F is for Finished!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Dr Ug » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:57 am UTC

Man that's a lot of pages. I am stock at r work as i have been for the last week, likely to not get home tonight. I will make a real post asap
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
dimochka
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm UTC
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby dimochka » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:13 am UTC

sorry for being mia. already messaged misnomer. not asking for replacement, just had a crazy week (and it will be crazy for about 12 more hours). will spend time catching up tomorrow afternoon (PST) and post all of my thoughts then
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

User avatar
patzer
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby patzer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:38 am UTC

And the stoned canine appears at last. Yay.
Darryl is one of our most useful roles. Please be town.


Oh, also.A lot of people seemed to be suspicious of Opus, so I had a look back at his posts. Didn't see anything suspicious, other than that potential "lynch avoidance" slip. I'm wary of putting too much emphasis on something like that, but it might be important. Slight FoS on Opus.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:53 pm UTC

Freezeblade is replacing SDK with immediate effect.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:42 pm UTC

I am relieved that Dr Ug is there, since he is our strongest cop. Just to put this out there: if Lone Wolf is a different alignment to Werewolf, it implies that the Lone Wolf is almost a Godfather for Darryl's ability -- he has a baseline Werewolf and a baseline Alien, if he checks both, he only knows "not werewolf" and "not alien" for his third target.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:04 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I am relieved that Dr Ug is there, since he is our strongest cop. Just to put this out there: if Lone Wolf is a different alignment to Werewolf, it implies that the Lone Wolf is almost a Godfather for Darryl's ability -- he has a baseline Werewolf and a baseline Alien, if he checks both, he only knows "not werewolf" and "not alien" for his third target.

In other words, it doesn't clear anyone if they aren't werewolf or alien. Of course, that was the case even ignoring Lone Wolves since I expect the third party factions to show up differently as well.

Somewhat relatedly:
Does Darryl's ability show all town members as the same type, or do masons show up differently to lovers, for example?
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:29 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Does Darryl's ability show all town members as the same type, or do masons show up differently to lovers, for example?
Townies, Lovers and Masons will all appear as whatever Darryl's town equivalent is at the time of investigation.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:25 pm UTC

Votals:

Freezeblade (2): Djehutynakht, moody7277
ConMan (1): dimochka
Snark (1): Freezeblade
Lawrencelot (4): ConMan, patzer, roadierich, Vytron
Opus_723 (3): Sungura, znirk, SirGabriel
jimbobmacdoodle (1): weiyaoli
Patzer (2): Lawrencelot, jimbobmacdoodle
Djehutynakht (1): Diemo

Not voting (10): cruicalityfactor, Dr Ug, Sabrar, YOLOSWAG, Faubiguy, mpolo, Suzaku, Frogman, Opus_723, Van

Game Status:
Frogman has put forward a research proposal to investigate Suzaku. Tenure committee members should cast their vote via PM before day end.
Snark is currently voteless.
6 Tenure Committee members are alive.
13 votes required to majority lynch.
Soft deadline has been set for 6pm GMT, Friday 20 November (c.2 days, 2.5 hours from now).
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sabrar » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Did a re-read on all players with at least 2 votes. Not going to summarize all of the content of their posts as it was done multiple times before me, just highlight some that stood out for me and present my impressions/conclusions.

- SDK/freezeblade: Very silly question to Suzaku. Instant vote on Snark for even contemplating the lynch of a claimed mason.
Too little content to analyze reliably, however the above pings me as scummy. Would definitely like to hear from freezeblade on whether he agrees with SDK's vote.

- Lawrencelot: as I mentioned before the tone of some his posts look townie to me, however the contents are definitely suspicious. For me his claim of doing the probabilities instinctively is hard to believe and I have to agree with patzer and Vytron about his slip-up with the 'In case I'm lying' issue.
I currently don't believe his mason-claim and find it most probable for him to be an alien as they have the most to gain from blocking a night-kill.

- Opus_723: looks very townie at first (I currently don't consider the 'lynch avoidance' as scum-slip). He jumps on board on the Suzaku-train too quickly and defends it vehemently by continuing to analyse the situation as if we could direct his kill. Hasn't posted since Friday which is unfortunate.
Looks suspicious but not enough to earn a FoS.

- patzer: I don't agree with her decision of jumping on the Suzaku-train and to me her early vote on DJ and FoS on Sungura look as misguided as Lawrencelot's roleblock. However, both FoS and voting are correctable actions so I'm less willing to consider them as definitive scummy plays. Was first to notice Lawrencelot's slip in the claim.
Overall I don't have a good read on her, so IGMEOY.

As I'm fairly confident in my read, I will

Vote: Lawrencelot

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:43 pm UTC

I know I'm limping along, barely keeping up with this, but it's going by really fast…

The note about Opus' ability being fully useless to town is not completely true. He can use it to protect himself from night actions. I guess since at that point he is vanilla, and since his protection is announced in thread, it's close to useless, but maybe not completely. Actually, typing that, I think it is pretty useless for town: (1) if there's a town wagon on him, his cancelling the vote isn't going to make us not want to lynch him the next day, and we know he won't be copped on the night he dives. (2) if he dives at night, we have a vanilla townie who can't be targetted, thus making even more certain that a useful townie will be targetted.

The power isn't really actively anti-town, either, though perhaps more useful to some anti-townies (if he were alien, then using it on D5 would guarantee his survival to D6, making it more likely that the aliens are not eliminated on D6). I don't see any downside to forcing him to "waste" the power early, but we don't really have time to do that today.

After his claim, I am willing to lay off of Lawrencelot for a while and see how he looks later.

Patzer and SDK didn't seem particularly egregious either. SDK didn't pull any of his typical day-start shenanigans, but if he was being overwhelmed to the point of having to drop out, that's not overly surprising.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Diemo
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Diemo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:49 pm UTC

Yeah, most of the stuff from SDK seems like his normal D1 shenanigans, which he then didn't have enough time to follow up on.

Snark is giving bad advice - but I am unsure if he is scum or if he just thinks that he is giving good advice :?

I think that scum could be active lurking as well, like in the last big game. Ill have more time tomorrow.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sungura » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:19 pm UTC

As i said before i would be okay with an SDK (now freezeblade) lynch. I would be willing to switch my vote from opus to them. It seems more people have a problem with SDK than Opus and as im pretty sure they are both scum i am happy with either. SDK has done nothing to redeem themself and every time i go back and look, they look worse

(Applogies for all the gender neutral wording i cant remember all the right pronouns and cant look it up when posting - if this bothers someone let me know specifically because that i am likely to remember)

In rereading, Opus strikes me more as werewolf scum, while SDK seems linked for folks differently, so im wondering alien scum. Depending on which sides got the kills, an SDK lynch may be better (assuming i am correct on this). Because of the linkage we might get more info from an SDK lynch than an Opus lynch, as well.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1396
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby freezeblade » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:38 pm UTC

Hi everyone!

I've been skimming this thread for a bit, so I have a slight inkling about what's going on, but nothing in very much detail. I'll be doing a more in-depth look, until that time I'm going to

unvote

From my skimming, I feel I should comment on my predecessor's play. I didn't understand SDK's plays or reasoning, but then, I don't typically understand his play on D1, and have ended up in earlier games decided to ignore it, as it does more damage to town discussing it than ignoring it (There's lots of discussion between us and his play in the meta thread).

More to come!
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:24 am UTC

If Lawrencelot is scum we'll have to take a closer look at Sungura. The vibes I get is she's trying to convince us to go after SDK/FB or Opus because she wants to save Lawrencelot.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sungura » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:47 am UTC

Vytron wrote:If Lawrencelot is scum we'll have to take a closer look at Sungura. The vibes I get is she's trying to convince us to go after SDK/FB or Opus because she wants to save Lawrencelot.

And if lawrence is mason as claimed im gonna be looking even harder at the people who didnt like him. Because yes that is how this game works...

Unhelpful post from Vytron is unhelpful.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:13 am UTC

As a person that doesn't like him, I have to say, that if he's really Mason, that this is the worst mason group ever. As I've said, it'd be dumb if his mason buddies let him being mislynched to not be outed, even though outing one to save another is optimal.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Van » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:03 am UTC

Ok, didn't manage my promised post yesterday. I don't like this week :(
Vytron wrote:As a person that doesn't like him, I have to say, that if he's really Mason, that this is the worst mason group ever. As I've said, it'd be dumb if his mason buddies let him being mislynched to not be outed, even though outing one to save another is optimal.
I think this sums up my feelings here really well. I think in a normal game there are more nuanced approaches to this, like perhaps not wanting to claim if you are masons with a cop or somesuch. Here, we already know all the roles, so someone confirmed as mason isn't a huge increase in the odds they get killed. More importantly, the way he specifically said "don't come forward and save me" is really weird, IMO. I do not think that is a good play as a mason. I can't decide if I want to lynch him or not. I think there's a lot of potential wine there re: alignments.

Diemo wrote:Yeah, most of the stuff from SDK seems like his normal D1 shenanigans, which he then didn't have enough time to follow up on.
Kind of agreed. SDK has the semi-provocative D1 questions every game. If you re-read his posts with the knowledge that he was short on time, I don't think it looks scummy.

As a late aside, Sungura and others have said things like
Sungura wrote:I agree that the juxtaposition of deactivating RR and activating Suzuku is odd but if you think about it the two are very different things.
I'm not seeing it. On the one hand, you have an opt-in NK, on the other, you have a global opt-out NK. Obviously, there are tactical implications here (e.g. scum voting for RR to block his kill), but in general, you've just got two night kills.

I feel like this line of thought (+ Lawrencelot's reasoning for voting him in the first place) ignores the fact that we know Oscar has a kill. I guess we don't know how death messages will go yet, but if there is any sort of flavor, it's kind of obvious if someone is mauled by a werewolf vs shot by a gangster. Consider this theoretical situation: D3 shows up and Dr Ug is dead from a drive by shooting. Result: RR/Oscar's life span can be measured in milliseconds. This is sub-optimal to anyone but a jester/druid, which semi-forces him to scumhunt regardless of his alignment. Obviously, scum-RR wouldn't target within his team, but he could look for town-favored-as-scummy people and kill them.


Regarding who we actually lynch today, I'm going to hold off and re-read after exams tomorrow and slip in with vote before the deadline.

mpolo, I was thinking that Opus should be on my short list for nursing (if we don't lynch him today), since there's really not any benefit to town from him using his ability. Thoughts?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:19 pm UTC

I just updated my computer to find X not working. I have now downgraded X, removed the proprietary Nvidia drivers, reactivated the free nouveau drivers, and have a working computer (crosses fingers). Which means I haven't had time to look at the thread today.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:26 pm UTC

I'm really sorry all for not posting much, something unexpected in RL came up and I've already asked Misnomer to be replaced. Whilst he looks for one, I'm still going to be submitting actions, but probably can't follow along much with the thread/post anything contentful.

I think all of the people still voting for Lawrencelot is incredibly scummy. I'm going to claim here since I can't really play much and we are getting close to the deadline with him being the front wagon, but I am his mason buddy. Unvotes please.

In particular:

Vytron wrote:If Lawrencelot is scum we'll have to take a closer look at Sungura. The vibes I get is she's trying to convince us to go after SDK/FB or Opus because she wants to save Lawrencelot.

Why post this? From your PoV, if he was actually a mason after all - you would have just revealed who you thought was their buddy in the thread (very useful if you were an alien and wanted to signal to wolves who to NK!). Why not post this D2, if and only if Lawrencelot flipped non town?

Unvote
Vote: Vytron

Other dodgy people are sabrar, and RR from this (can't remember patzer's and Conman's vote from the top of my head and don't have the time to find them - but they could be dodgy too). I think even if they were suspicious of Law, it was almost always better to either investigate him first.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:07 pm UTC

Ah, I fos'd weiyaoli but he was the wrong kind of informed minority.

Opus is still my first choice but I don't like Vytron either. His comment about taking a look at Sungura if Lawrence flipped scum because she was trying to distract from the wagon read as really forced. That's the kind of manufactured fake-connection based play I expect from scum. He can go as well.

FOS Opus
FOS Vytron

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:28 pm UTC

Unvote

@weiyaoli: it's really unfortunate that you've asked for replacement as I would have liked more discussion about your late claim/accusations. Let's try anyway. Why are you stating without any further explanations that the people who voted for Lawrencelot are 'incredibly scummy'? Do you not understand why we arrived at that conclusion based on his posts?

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Misnomer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:11 pm UTC

Darkness is coming. Don't forget to send in your actions!

Votals:

Freezeblade (2): Djehutynakht, moody7277
ConMan (1): dimochka
Lawrencelot (4): ConMan, patzer, roadierich, Vytron
Opus_723 (3): Sungura, znirk, SirGabriel
Vytron (1): weiyaoli
Patzer (2): Lawrencelot, jimbobmacdoodle
Djehutynakht (1): Diemo

Not voting (11): cruicalityfactor, Dr Ug, YOLOSWAG, Faubiguy, mpolo, Suzaku, Frogman, Opus_723, Van, Freezeblade, Sabrar

Game Status:
Frogman has put forward a research proposal to investigate Suzaku. Tenure committee members should cast their vote via PM before day end.
Snark is currently voteless.
6 Tenure Committee members are alive.
13 votes required to majority lynch.
Soft deadline has been set for 6pm GMT, Friday 20 November (just under 25 hours).



A pre-emptive note on deadline extensions: because nobody enjoys a game that goes on forever, I tend to grant extensions rarely, and only then if activity levels are either particularly high, or there is some general issue seriously affecting overall activity e.g. the forum going offline temporarily. I'll always consider any requests that are made, but generic pleas for more time simply because it would be nice are unlikely to move my modly heart of stone. You have been warned. :wink:
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3917
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sungura » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:19 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Ah, I fos'd weiyaoli but he was the wrong kind of informed minority.

Opus is still my first choice but I don't like Vytron either. His comment about taking a look at Sungura if Lawrence flipped scum because she was trying to distract from the wagon read as really forced. That's the kind of manufactured fake-connection based play I expect from scum. He can go as well.

FOS Opus
FOS Vytron

The deadline is in about 24 hours...FOS is for start of day one, not end.

Folks come on, it is time to vote.

We have a Lawrence claim of mason, and Weioyli backing him up. Anyone on Lawrence still is FOS in my book, especially not even giving a chance to cop him. Do you REALLY want to risk lynching a mason day one? that is some dumbass play, and I am sick of the idiotocraty going on in this game.

We have a lots of singular votes on people no one else agrees is scummy enough to warrant a vote, so all of you are basically throwing away your votes, which again, I think is scummy. I understand feeling sure of something, but if you have zero inklings of anyone else in a game of 26-fucking-people with lots of werewolves plus aliens and independents, that's some piss-poor playing.

Get with the program people. I'm trying to play all polite and shit because playing strongly always got me killed before in the old days, but I am fucking tired of this shit. Get yo act together. This is a big game and you KNEW that signing up. and you KNEW it would be crazy signing up. NO MORE EXCUSES. FUCKING PLAY ALREADY.

</rant>
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:25 pm UTC

Ok, with the 2nd mason claim I'm going to go with my original lawrence vs patzer stance.

vote: patzer

I can be convinced of a few others, but for me this is the vote that I feel strongest on at this point.

User avatar
#HBC | YOLOSWAG
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:37 pm UTC

FOS Sagrar

For wanting to lynch the first mason without an investigation and now questioning the second instead of moving onto likelier prospects. This is hard for me to buy as a genuine interest in finding scum.

Sungura, I appreciate the passion but I'm not voting because of my role. That said, I would love to see the nonvoters throw a vote out there.

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:45 pm UTC

weiyaoli has claimed to be Lawrencelot's mason partner, but Lawrencelot hasn't responded yet. I would like Lawrencelot to confirm whether or not weiyaoli is his partner.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:53 pm UTC

Yoloswag, I assume you mean Sabrar?

Lawrencelot, could you please confirm if weiyaoli is being truthful. Assuming he is, I'm happy where my vote is, but will try to review recent activity at some point tonight.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:42 pm UTC

<rant>

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:FOS Sagrar

For wanting to lynch the first mason without an investigation and now questioning the second instead of moving onto likelier prospects. This is hard for me to buy as a genuine interest in finding scum.

First of all take the time, show some respect and learn to spell my name! It's not that hard.
Second, did you even read what I wrote? I immediately accepted weiyaoli's claim and unvoted. I then expressed my displeasure of someone who's leaving the game throwing out baseless accusations with what is probably his last post and asked for some explanation. How in hell can you confuse that with me suspecting him??? I'm not even going to waste a FoS on you as your whole post just reeks of lazyness.

</rant>

Will probably post more later but right now I need to calm the heck down.

User avatar
patzer
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby patzer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:00 pm UTC

Whoa. Turns out Lawrence's mason claim might be true after all. :shock:

Unvote

Which means I have literally no good reads. Leaning towards voting Opus or Sungura, but neither of those is particularly satisfactory. Will have to look back at thread again.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:34 pm UTC

SirGabriel wrote:weiyaoli has claimed to be Lawrencelot's mason partner, but Lawrencelot hasn't responded yet. I would like Lawrencelot to confirm whether or not weiyaoli is his partner.


jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Yoloswag, I assume you mean Sabrar?

Lawrencelot, could you please confirm if weiyaoli is being truthful. Assuming he is, I'm happy where my vote is, but will try to review recent activity at some point tonight.


Just wondering, what do you two hope to gain from lawrence confirming? To me, we've all gotten more than enough to let this situation rest for the day. Pursuing it any further is just going to be even more damaging for the town if they turn out to be telling the truth. Like, think about how awful this situation is. We have TWO MASONS claiming on DAY 1. If they are telling the truth then a hugely important pro town faction is gone at this point.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Vytron » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:41 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:
Vytron wrote:If Lawrencelot is scum we'll have to take a closer look at Sungura. The vibes I get is she's trying to convince us to go after SDK/FB or Opus because she wants to save Lawrencelot.

Why post this? From your PoV, if he was actually a mason after all - you would have just revealed who you thought was their buddy in the thread (very useful if you were an alien and wanted to signal to wolves who to NK!). Why not post this D2, if and only if Lawrencelot flipped non town?


Because I have no ide3a if I'm going to wake up alive D2 to even say something? Honestly, I don't like the vibes of this game of "Sungura is usually great scumhunter, let's follow what she says" without suspecting her because, as I said, she can be alien and freely scumhunt the wolves. I'd have hated to die, Laws flipping scum and people being alright with Sungura still.

That Laws is actually Mason (probably) doesn't make Sungura look worse, but it doesn't make her look better, given it seems she believed Laws claim for no reason, and that's suspicious, as if she had more information than everyone else.

I had no idea about Laws's claim truthfulness, but I didn't believe it because if it was true the mason confirmation would have been obvious, and it took a very long while to happen, I believed it wasn't going to happen at all, and I find odd that without it Sungura still believed Laws's claim.

Unvote
Vote: Freezeblade

Snark already made a case on SDK, and I don't think SDK is town after his play. Town players also are usually interested in solving a game and deduce who's scum and all that, while scum players tend to abandon the game (or, er, the other way around? players that abandon games tend to be scum - in most of the games I replaced someone, they were an SK.)

This said, Opus has basically gone into lurking. He chose to disappear instead of helping us with his supposed "alien-hunting", and this looks pretty bad.

Patzer... didn't have any other suspicion? Really? Supposing Lawrencelot wasn't in the game from the beginning, surely there were other stuff happening. She should have been ready in case Laws was confirmed mason. It sounds like Scum!patzer thought Laws was going to be mislynched, and this took her by surprise, so she has yet to formulate some fake-case against someone.

So I'm currently happy will all these 3 trains on people, and am willing to unvote FB and get them lynched instead. However...

Request 10 hour extension

Because I'm not going to be there at deadline, and somehow, I don't think we'll get 12 people to vote for someone for me to hammer.

Ninja'd.

crucialityfactor wrote:Just wondering, what do you two hope to gain from lawrence confirming? To me, we've all gotten more than enough to let this situation rest for the day. Pursuing it any further is just going to be even more damaging for the town if they turn out to be telling the truth. Like, think about how awful this situation is. We have TWO MASONS claiming on DAY 1. If they are telling the truth then a hugely important pro town faction is gone at this point.


Okay, this is false: Scum want the aliens dead, so getting two confirmed masons would only mean they get two people that they'd not target with their kills. Lone wolves like to kill werewolves, so same reasoning. So this "get confirmed town and you're dead" mentality doesn't apply to this game at all.

User avatar
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm UTC
Location: Is so hot right now.

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:52 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Ninja'd.

crucialityfactor wrote:Just wondering, what do you two hope to gain from lawrence confirming? To me, we've all gotten more than enough to let this situation rest for the day. Pursuing it any further is just going to be even more damaging for the town if they turn out to be telling the truth. Like, think about how awful this situation is. We have TWO MASONS claiming on DAY 1. If they are telling the truth then a hugely important pro town faction is gone at this point.


Okay, this is false: Scum want the aliens dead, so getting two confirmed masons would only mean they get two people that they'd not target with their kills. Lone wolves like to kill werewolves, so same reasoning. So this "get confirmed town and you're dead" mentality doesn't apply to this game at all.


But we're not talking about "get confirmed town" we're talking about "get confirmed mason".

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:56 pm UTC

I'm going to try to get some more here, but with the deadline, I'd better get a vote out.

Opus has a power that is not particularly useful, and a few questionable posts. I'm going to follow Sungura for now, hopefully I can get at least a dedicated read of Opus to support this before deadline.

Vote: Opus
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:52 pm UTC

Some thoughts on current situation:

Unofficial post totals

jimbobmacdoodle 21
Sabrar 20
Sungura 16
patzer 15
SirGabriel 13
Vytron 13
Lawrencelot 12
Snark 12
crucialityfactor 11
mpolo 11
Znirk 11
Djehutynakht 9
ConMan 8
Opus_723 8
#HBC|YOLOSWAG 7
Van 7
SDK//freezeblade 6+1
faubiguy 6
moody7277 6
dimochka 5
frogman 5
Diemo 4
Suzaku 4
weiyaoli 4
Dr Ug 1
RoadieRich 1

We still have a significant amount of lurkers. Agree with Sungura's rant, we need more content. Disagree however with 'wasted' votes, they provide usable food for discussion later. Also, asking for substantiated reads in the same post as complaining for lack of content is a bit funny. Altogether the tone of her post seems very townie to me and as I had the same read before on Lawrencelot (at least concerning tone) I am currently leaning on trusting her.

I don't understand those people who FoS and vote patzer because she doesn't have a definitive scum read on somebody but at least tries, while they totally ignore those who don't even make the effort. I was so sure about Lawrencelot being scum, now I'm questioning all of my reads and am hesitant to vote for fear of lynching a townie. It does not surprise me that others have the same problem as well.

Out of the other 2 potential lynch-candidates I was most suspicious of SDK. If freezeblade doesn't post anything in the next day I will probably vote for him, barring other complications. I'm still not convinced on Opus_723 based on the content, however his disappearance looks more and more suspicious.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Misnomer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:57 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Request 10 hour extension

Because I'm not going to be there at deadline, and somehow, I don't think we'll get 12 people to vote for someone for me to hammer.
Request denied.


Votals:

Freezeblade (3): Djehutynakht, moody7277, Vytron
ConMan (1): dimochka
Lawrencelot (2): ConMan, roadierich
Opus_723 (4): Sungura, znirk, SirGabriel, mpolo
Vytron (1): weiyaoli
Patzer (3): Lawrencelot, jimbobmacdoodle, cruicalityfactor
Djehutynakht (1): Diemo

Not voting (10): Dr Ug, YOLOSWAG, Faubiguy, Suzaku, Frogman, Opus_723, Van, Freezeblade, Sabrar, patzer

Game Status:
Frogman has put forward a research proposal to investigate Suzaku. Tenure committee members should cast their vote via PM before day end.
Snark is currently voteless.
6 Tenure Committee members are alive.
13 votes required to majority lynch.
Soft deadline has been set for 6pm GMT, Friday 20 November (just over 21 hours from now).
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1396
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby freezeblade » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

I'm really not sure how my power is very useful, and am open to suggestions from the community about possible targets. If there's no thoughts, I'm considering withholding.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby ConMan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:31 pm UTC

If I wasn't familiar with Sungura's playstyle, I would probably be concerned with her abrasiveness towards those of us who'd voted for Lawrencealot. Especially before weiyaoli's claim, saying "I'm a mason, but my buddies shouldn't back me up and even if I'm lying no-one should counter-claim me" is a crazy statement on many levels.

With the masons potentially outed, though, it makes things a bit tougher for the protective roles. I would assume that scum would have originally considered targeting people based on how useful or dangerous their power was, but now there are two potentially confirmed town out there too. And Lawrencealot's ability is definitely a good one for town to hold onto, as is weiyaoli's, potentially. Which makes me wonder - any chance Lawrencealot is actually weiyaoli's crush? That would be another reason he wants to protect him (and admittedly, if I had his role and then became a mason, I'd probably pick my mason buddy as my crush).

Sigh. I've got the rest of today to work out what I'm going to do, and to see what I think about the wagon on patzer and if it's worth joining.

Unvote Lawrencealot
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:45 pm UTC

crucialityfactor wrote:Just wondering, what do you two hope to gain from lawrence confirming?
Not much. Technically a pair aren't conformed mason until both have confirmed each other. Theoretically, Weiyaoli could be lying about being a partner, although I highly doubt it. I just like to be 100% sure they're both on the same team at least (potentially not town, but I think it likely).

ConMan's crush idea was a thought that had crossed my mind as a possibility as well. That would explain why weiyaoli ignored his partner's advice to remain hidden, though surely he'd have discussed that in mason chat?

@Freezeblade, I think the only way it would be useful is if you have two scummy looking people. You could weld them together and then they'd both be lynched (or night-killed) together, saving a lynch/kill for someone else.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
Lawrencelot
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

No time to post but yes weiyaoli is my partner

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1396
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Smalltown Werewolf PYP - D1: A is for Anarchy

Postby freezeblade » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:06 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:@Freezeblade, I think the only way it would be useful is if you have two scummy looking people. You could weld them together and then they'd both be lynched (or night-killed) together, saving a lynch/kill for someone else.


This is what I'm thinking, D1's reads are usually pretty weak, so I'm going to hold off I think unless something super-scummy happens.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests