Weird things have been happening in Viva Village. Moaning and screeching can be heard from the graveyard. Strange circles have appeared in the crop fields. And whispers of hooded figures make the inhabitants uncomfortable. But luckily, no mysterious deaths need to be solved. The only thing you need to solve, is determine whose side you're on.
Note: the game has restarted after a very quick town win due to weird game rules. Let's hope the game becomes more interesting with a rule change.
1. If your win condition is changed you get 1 penalty point. When a team achieves their win condition, only the team members with the lowest number of penalty points wins.
This could lead to players trying not to let their team win, but in other ways than what happened now, which hopefully keeps things interesting.
2. Doc is not informed when infected.
3. Lynch target is not revealed, except unless alien is lynched.
- No posting in this thread unless you are playing in it.
- No talking about this game except in this thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
- No player may read discussion spoilers about this game unless they are dead. There are no spoiler reading roles. Talking about discussion spoilers of this game or of on-going games is not allowed.[/color]
- No editing your posts. For any reason. At any time.
- Do not lurk! One post per real-life day is the recommended minimum. (If you're going to be unable to post for any period of time, please let the mod(s) know ahead of time). Consideration will be given for weekends.
- Players lurking excessively will be replaced or, if replacement is not possible, modkilled.
- Any player who is modkilled will have their role retconned to ‘Survivor’ meaning they will automatically lose.
- You may post in thread during the day phase but not the night phase. It is night when the mod posts a day-end post (this will not be before the official deadline, but won't be much after it, either), or a hammer vote is cast, in which case it is automatically night, whether or not the mod has made a day-end post. Note that this means you may not post content after a hammer vote.
- You may not post, nor quote directly from, any PM from a mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
- You may not play to lose, or act in a way that is clearly against your win condition.
- You may not use encryption systems in order to communicate privately or circumvent these rules.
- This is a game; it’s meant to be fun. Personal attacks or other offensive behavior towards other players will not be tolerated.
- In general, days will last for 5 RL days and nights for 2.5 RL days. Weekends will count as half time.
- Adjustments will be made to accommodate holidays, or for other reasons if the mod deems it necessary.
- In-thread deadline announcements from the mod override these rules.
- Requests for extensions will be considered, but you’d better have a good reason. “We need more general discussion,” is not a good reason.
- Votes and questions for the mod must be posted in bold, like this:
You do NOT have to unvote to change votes, but it makes things easier and will be very much appreciated if you do. You can unvote in bold, like this:
- When someone gains a majority of the votes (that is, more than half the number of living players), they are automatically lynched and it becomes night, as above. Posting content after the hammer vote is not allowed, even if the hammer vote was accidental.
- If the deadline is reached and no player has been hammered, then the person with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched. In case of a tie, the person who had the most votes before the tie will be lynched.
- You can vote not to lynch anyone by casting a vote for "NL" or “No Lynch”. “No Lynch” will be treated exactly the same as any other player for determining votal results.
- You’re alive until you are hammered in a lynch, or a mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
- Once you die, you may no longer post content in this thread. You may post death flavour or a ‘Bah! You killed me,’ post that reveals no information.
- On the other hand, once you are dead you may read the spoilers in the discussion thread.
Private Message rules:
- You must include the mod in any PM you send related to this game.
- You can ask the mod questions by PM (at any time) if you'd rather not ask in thread.
- No PMing other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it.
- Any night actions must be sent by PM before the night deadline. If sent as part of a factional chat, please indicate the action in bold on a new line, as with voting. If you don’t do this and I miss your action, tough.
- If everyone with a night action and/or chat is ready to start the next day before the deadline for night is reached, the next day will begin early.
Special rules (read carefully!):
2. If anyone is lynched, instead of dying they will lose all powers and properties and be converted to a vanilla townie. The Alien role is an exception to this.
3. Night phases will last 0 minutes since there is no mafia. You have to post actions during the day, with a back-up action, and I will resolve them after the lynch. However, since I'm not online 24/7 and need time to write the end of day post, standard rules for the night phase apply in the period between a hammer vote or deadline and the end of day post.
4. You are not allowed to use your role ability on the player that is going to get lynched. This is why you need a back-up action.
5. Win conditions can change in this game. You are allowed to play against your current win condition if you think it will help you win the game eventually. Your win condition at the end of the game determines whether you win or lose.
6. As soon as any player reaches their win condition, the game ends.
7. Your role can change in this game, for example by getting lynched. You are allowed to reveal any information you had in a previous role if you think it helps you win the game.
8. Some roles allow private communication with others. This communication is only allowed during the day, and only if I sent you a pm at the beginning of the day. In general, every day I will sent a pm to everyone in the mason group and to everyone in the cultist group, because roles change. So if you just click on "reply to sender and all recipients" then everyone in the group will receive the pm and no one else. If you did not receive a pm at the start of the day, you are not in the mason/cultist group anymore!
9. The results of your action depends on your role and the target's role. I've made a table of all interactions, see Interaction Table.
10. You can have multiple roles. Example: the doc can cure people, but he can also be part of the mason or cultist group, he can be infected by a Zombie, and he can be probed by the Alien. See role pms and Interaction Table.
11. A human is defined to be a non-zombie, non-alien.
Mason role wrote:You are a Mason, aligned with the town. You can recruit one player every night: if successful, that player becomes a mason the following day and you will be able to communicate. They will keep their role and properties. Only the oldest mason gets to recruit new masons. You win when there are no zombies or cultists left.
Cultist role wrote:You are a Cultist, aligned with the Cult. You can recruit one player every night: if successful, that player becomes a cultist the following day and you will be able to communicate. They will keep their role and properties. Only the oldest cultist gets to recruit new cultists. You win when all humans have become cultists.
Zombie role wrote:You are a Zombie, aligned with the Zombies. You can't be recruited or probed. You can infect one player every night: if successful, that player becomes infected the following day, and a Zombie the day after. An infected player still has its own role and win condition, but when they turn into a zombie they lose their role and get the role of this role pm instead. You cannot communicate with anyone else. All zombies can infect one player, and players won't notice if they are infected, only if they become a Zombie. You win when all humans are infected.
Alien role wrote:You are an Alien, independent. You have come to Earth to investigate the human race, which you do by probing humans. You can probe one player every night. You will fail to probe if anyone targets you, and when someone becomes a zombie or gets lynched they lose their probe. You will always know who is probed and who isn't, and you can choose one of the probed players and change the target of their ability or choose to let them target no one. If you are lynched, you won't become a vanilla townie but you will be revealed as Alien. You win when all humans have been probed and there is at least 1 human.
Shrink role wrote:You are a Shrink, aligned with the town. You can target one player every night: if they were part of the cult or mason group, they will leave that group the following day. If a mason or cultist tries to recruit your target they will fail. You win when there are no zombies or cultists left.
Doc role wrote:You are a Doc, aligned with the town. You can target one player every night and cure their infection or Zombie disease. If your target is bitten by a Zombie, they won't become infected.
Unlike other humans, you will notice when a Zombie bites you, and you are able to cure yourself if you choose so.You are able to target yourself. You win when there are no zombies or cultists left.
Cop role wrote:You are a Cop, aligned with the town. You can target one player every night to find out which group they belong to. You will see the role of the person, whether they are part of the mason or cultist group, whether they are infected or not, and whether they are probed or not. This action will be resolved after all other actions. You win when there are no zombies or cultists left.
If mason/cultist and Shrink target the same player, that player leaves the mason/cultist group or just doesn't enter it.
If mason and cultist target the same player (not mason/cultist), there is no recruit.
If mason and cultist both target a mason, that mason becomes town.
If mason and cultist both target a cultist, that cultist becomes town.
If Doc and Zombie have the same target, the player does not become infected, and is cured.
If two Zombies have the same target, the same happens as when only one Zombie had that target. (so nothing special)
Cop's action is resolved after all other actions.
Different types of actions can mix, making it possible to be infected, probed, mason OR cult, and investigated at the same time.
1. Dr Ug (lynched Day 1, Day 7)
4. Vytron (lynched Day 4)
7. Echo244 (lynched Day 3)
Sending out role pms...