Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:44 pm UTC

ETA:

It's been almost a month since Cycoden last posted. Replacement and/or modkill please?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:44 pm UTC

EBWOP: and another useless page topped.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby freezeblade » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:41 pm UTC

I'll confirm to being one of the "former mafia group" with Vytron and Madge.

I noted in the nightchat that this sort of makes us a "survivor mason group" of some sort. I was told that the win with that group is a "secondary win" whatever that means.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby _infina_ » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:57 pm UTC

Ok, first, I was a cop, Officer Franklin to SPACKlick's Officer Garden. I was going to use my cop last night, and instead my role changed and I got a different kind of result back. My alignment didn't, and I can still win with town, I just need to find a someone. I think D1 was us all being messed up about our roles due to a hangover/roofies and everyone came out of it at different times. D1 reads are less useful now, but based on how my role change read, they still might be useful.

Based on the wording, I am thinking that win conditions may change slightly, but if you were anti-town previously, then you are still likely not winning with town.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby SPACKlick » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:01 pm UTC

@FB, Vytron, Madge: Can you three confirm whether your secondary win is for "the four of you" or for "the mafia team that now have your old roles"?

I have now heard from my mason partner, I may have been being paranoid. However, as they have also roleswapped we no longer have a cop between us, so good luck to the mason cops.

@RoadieRich, over two weeks of that month the game was in night time. Modkill may be a bit excessive at this point. Also, I didn't think I did look particularly scummy yesterday but, y'know, your call.

@Moody, your breadcrumb has me thoroughly stumped.

@Vytron, no that mod didn't own it during the game, they revealed it afterwards.
Vytron wrote:So, if you weren't resentful you wouldn't be claiming that the mod messed up and it's trying to cover his ass? Because your feelings about it wouldn't change whether they messed up or not.

No, I don't know what you've interpreted to mean that. If I wasn't resentful I wouldn't be bitching about it. It looks pretty clear to me that there was a mistake. Shuffling the order of the list isn't necessary for the roleswap jamboree but is necessary given it's basically confirmed now that list was in faction order. From the exposed role swaps the list order seems to bear no correlation to the role swapped to. Anyway, enough of that.

Azrael, you were at the top of the list, you haven't been exposed as part of one of the scum teams. Have you switched roles and what were you yesterday?

Ninja'd Infina. Yeah, we were cops together. I'd be interested to hear the logic behind you thinking ex-mafia won't win with town?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:15 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:@FB, Vytron, Madge: Can you three confirm whether your secondary win is for "the four of you" or for "the mafia team that now have your old roles"?


I have no idea. I was only told that my secondary win condition was my old primary win condition, so presumably if the fourth gal survives to the end and everyone else dies I'm not getting it, because she wasn't mentioned in my original wincon, and I don't know from where she came from (note she could be a he)

SPACKlick wrote:It looks pretty clear to me that there was a mistake.


What if after the game was over Dr Ug told everyone that no mistake was made and the role-changing spinning room was in there from the beginning? Would you say he's lying at that point? What I don't like is your certainty, like you have more information that everyone else, and it makes you conclude it was a mistake (so I disagree with kalira it doesn't matter, it does because if it was a mistake and some players have extra info about it then that makes them scummy.)

In any case, if it was a mistake I have to agree with quintopia's corpse in that the game should have been reset instead of barstardized. The worst case scenario is the game becoming bastard and players dropping off it because of that, and THAT happened, so I think the game was bastard from the start.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby ConMan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:52 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:One thought on the Switching. Nebu's (3) named team was positions 2-5 on the list. Vytron(6) had claimed he was leading 3 others including Madge(8) presumably Aardvarki(7) and Freezeblade(9) as well before they were switched.

Who or what then is/was Azrael001(1)? They're at the top of the list but nobody has claimed anything about them. Does that make them a super special role?
unvote
vote Azrael001

There's some 'splainin to do.

Also if all 8 scum have been switched around, does that give us 8 semi-confirmed town in a game of 26? Would Ug switch some but not others? Is Vector still naked?

I finally managed to find the post I thought had pinged my scumdar, and then I read the rest of it -_- I think in scrolling past I thought SPACKlick had been talking about 8 scum as in "the four original scum, and the four new scum" and had made a slip about knowing how many people were in the scum group (and hence I just needed some confirmation that he wasn't in the original scum group (which actually I already basically knew).

However, in finding this post, it seems likely that Aardvarki is the fourth member of the "old scum" group. And I'm still wary of SPACKlick, mainly because of his interactions with Nebu when the two of them switched roles (is it likely that the new mafia all got switched at the same time? does that make it too easy to find them?) and I too will drop a vote down because of it.

Vote SPACKlick
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:36 am UTC

EBWOP: Also ...

FoS ThinkSweet and Van

I'm re-reading the thread now, but they both suddenly, and without explanation, gained daychat with Nebu. Know who else would have suddenly gotten that ability? Scum. Will review if the timing makes it highly unlikely that the two are related.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:51 am UTC

EBWOP again:

UnFoS for now

The chat abilities showed up before the official announcement that the room had stopped spinning, which was when the roles started switching around. Not to mention, both Van and TS kept their votes on Nebu and expressed no change of opinion regarding his scumminess as a result of gaining chat abilities. So I'd say that there isn't any evidence they actually became scum (which is not to say there's evidence that they didn't).
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:54 am UTC

In case it matters:

There's two mafia groups, Marshall's gang (the one Nebu belonged to) and Kingsley's gang (the one I/Madge/Freezeblade belonged to.) I know for a fact that Aardvarki was not part of Marshall's gang, but it's everyone's guess if they switched roles and became part of Marshall's in the night...

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:55 am UTC

(I meant to say, there's at least two mafia groups. Of course there could be a lot more...)

User avatar
ThinkSweet
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:03 pm UTC

So, with the things that appeared random yesterday - given my new role which I was told over night, I'm pretty sure that our roles were all at least half switched at one time. Some people were told straight away and some weren't. So my theory is the people who had actions for Days were still allowed to use them but if they used them after the point of the role-swap then the player inheriting that role got the result. This is based on my new role having a one shot PM ability, which was already used when I inherited the role. So yeah, it's essentially Day 1 all over again, Yay!

I can't say I found Spacklick scummy yesterday, for the little that means now, so I'm a little confused how there's a bit of a bandwagon already? I'm not willing to go so far as a vote on anyone this early given it's a re-set Day 1 and there's still a lot of people to check in.
</rant>

User avatar
ThinkSweet
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:05 pm UTC

Well kind of a re-set as far as people's tells from yesterday. Obviously there's some extra information from the manor of death and who was targeted overnight.
</rant>

User avatar
ThinkSweet
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ThinkSweet » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:06 pm UTC

*Manner of death* - sorry, it's late at night here ;)
</rant>

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby moody7277 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:37 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:In case it matters:

There's two mafia groups, Marshall's gang (the one Nebu belonged to) and Kingsley's gang (the one I/Madge/Freezeblade belonged to.) I know for a fact that Aardvarki was not part of Marshall's gang, but it's everyone's guess if they switched roles and became part of Marshall's in the night...


Well, this just fits assuming an SK holding fire (*looks for SDK*) or no SK. Marshall sounded like a nasty dude when I looked him up, so a crossbow might fit their gang. Does anyone who's seen the movie know if Kingsley smoked? The wiki was woefully deficient on info on him.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:04 pm UTC

My big problem with this day is that, at least we could basically clear people that suspected Nebu or supported the wagon on him (of being in Marshall's gang), because with so may players there's no reason to bus a buddy like that. But now those people could have been turned scum literally overnight.

If the mod does nothing about lurkers lynching them might be an option, around here recently it's very common to scum players to abandon the game (except they could have been turned town overnight :P )

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Van » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:19 pm UTC

ConMan wrote:EBWOP: Also ...

FoS ThinkSweet and Van

I'm re-reading the thread now, but they both suddenly, and without explanation, gained daychat with Nebu. Know who else would have suddenly gotten that ability? Scum. Will review if the timing makes it highly unlikely that the two are related.

Consider this: everyone who has claimed a team switch has said they were told their alignment changed. Given that information, how on earth would ThinkSweet or myself be stupid enough to read a PM saying "your role has changed, you are scum, and you can PM with Nebuduck" and think "I should report this in the main thread"?

This evening, I'm planning on sitting down and piecing together a list of claims, so maybe we can start whittling down who is who. If we make the semi-dangerous assumption that new roles are not being added to the game, but rather people are just swapping existing roles, then we should be able to narrow our scum list down significantly.

Here's a question I have been thinking about: given that our roles are changing (and may continue to), and also that we know there are lynchers* in the game, is it more or less valuable to mass role claim? Consider: if everyone claims today, we put our cops/doctors/etc at risk of being NKed, right? Except, if the room continues to spin, the NKs could miss their targets. I dunno, I usually don't like massclaim, but a part of me wonders if it is ideal here.

*See quintopia's death. I was a secondary wincondition lyncher for Alan. I still am, but I was too. I'm not chasing after it because I have to lead the lynch on Alan, and this looks impossible.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:33 pm UTC

Van wrote:Consider this: everyone who has claimed a team switch has said they were told their alignment changed. Given that information, how on earth would ThinkSweet or myself be stupid enough to read a PM saying "your role has changed, you are scum, and you can PM with Nebuduck" and think "I should report this in the main thread"?

A scum team containing, in my experience, two of the most devious mafia players I've ever met, who just happens to realise they can look like a mason group?

And then tries to cover their asses when the plot falls through?

Of, and when I say cycoden has not posted, I mean, they appear not to have visited the forum since their last post in this thread.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:40 pm UTC

EBWOP: A lyncher suggesting a mass claim, and that NKs might miss because the room spinning, when we have no evidence of that happening - unless Van had a NK miss who they were aiming at?

unvote

Vote: Van
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:54 pm UTC

I suppose it is time for me to make a post here on D2.

I really don't think that Dr Ug planned the whole room spinning role swapping thing from the start, because that's just silly. Sure, some of you got your roles swapped during D1, but many of us (including me) didn't get the new role until the start of N1. Which means that everything I said, and many others said, on D1 now has pretty much nothing to do with anything. Which means that D2 is now very D1-like. Which, as I said, is just silly.

I'm also going to guess that Dr Ug didn't create any new roles during the swapping, so that the 26 roles that existed at the start of the game still exist, less the 3 deaths. Now, we can't know what roles those 3 players originally had, but if we are all willing to say what our original roles were, we'd have a list of 23 roles, of which at most 3 of them are no longer in the game. Since it is possible that one or more of the deceased's original roles went to one of the other deceased, we would know all but 0-3 of the roles still left (and we'd be able to figure out the number based on how many claim to originally have had the deceased roles). I figure this would be a good thing because more information about the game setup generally favors town, and also it would leave scum very little wiggle room later in the game if a mass roleclaim occurs.

Now, I know that there are still these "secondary goals" based on whatever our original role was, but I'm sure many of them are now rather meaningless, and who really cares about secondary goals?

If anyone can think of good reasons we shouldn't all disclose our original roles, please share. Either way, I'll go ahead and claim. I was originally Jade, Town, and didn't actually have any powers, but I was supposed to send a target every night to try to find Carlos/Tyler.


Finally, I fully expect that we are going to have quite a bit of inactivity from quite a few of our remaining players. I know that I had a hard time finding the motivation to care about this game after the very long N1, and I'm sure that I'm not alone. Hopefully we can get at least a couple posts from everyone soonish, but I won't be surprised if there ends up being a bunch of modkills (replacements if you got em) due to inactivity.

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:21 pm UTC

I'm finding it hard to dive back into this mess after the long N1. With all the confusion with roles changing D1 it is difficult to piece everything together. So far I'm pretty sure of two things. That everyone's role changed and that there were fewer nks during the night for whatever reason than there are nk roles. It seems like there are 2 mafia factions based on claims, there was a vig that died, but probably could've had a chance to use their nk. There is also a sk floating around assuming the role swapping mechanic only swapped roles and didn't add new ones, because someone claimed they used to be an sk iirc, so there could've been 4 kills and we only had 2.

I really don't have much to go on today. I'm sure there is something to tease out of all these claims, but I think it will take some time and heavy analysis that I just don't have the energy for right now. So far what strikes me as the most interesting is that people still seem to have their original chat groups, if they had one, after the role swap. I would suspect that most, if not all, of the people that changed roles and retained a chat group are now in a group of mixed alignment. Especially for people claiming to go from mafia -> town. Creating Mason groups like that would be pretty powerful for town, so in terms of balance I am most suspicious of these groups.

freezeblade wrote:I'll confirm to being one of the "former mafia group" with Vytron and Madge.

I noted in the nightchat that this sort of makes us a "survivor mason group" of some sort. I was told that the win with that group is a "secondary win" whatever that means.


I think this is a dangerous assumption and this strikes me as the most questionable thing I've read so far. It pings me pretty strongly as scum trying to confirm towniness based on a shaky assumption.

FOS: freezeblade
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby freezeblade » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:29 pm UTC

The assumption that masons are always town is fallacious. i was not making this assumption, nor was I saying everyone in said group is now town, because there's a decent chance that is not the case.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:32 pm UTC

Is the room still spinning?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby kalira » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:22 pm UTC

@moody, I think I understand your breadcrumb, but given the scenario that I laid out in my last post, would suggest you hold off on explaining it until and unless it's needed to confirm or deny another player's claim.

I'm not a fan of revealing all the old roles at the moment, though I can't put a specific reason to that at the moment... Just seems like a bad idea. I know town benefits from more information, but, idk, my gut says it's not a good idea right now. I suppose one reason is the scenario I discussed in my previous post. If a current scum wants to try to find a safe claim, and they accidentally choose a character that someone who's currently town originally had, their knowledge of the role can be tested, confirmed or denied, and dealt with accordingly. (This won't be a way to absolutely confirm a person's claim, as it's possible they are claiming a scummate's former role and thus the details could be fudged to a certain extent to make them seem safe.) I am especially not in favor of revealing former role details for this reason.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Van » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:22 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:EBWOP: A lyncher suggesting a mass claim, and that NKs might miss because the room spinning, when we have no evidence of that happening - unless Van had a NK miss who they were aiming at?

unvote

Vote: Van
I think you are misconstruing my intentions. If an Officer claims and is then NK-targeted that night, and the room is still spinning, the cop role will/may not be lost. To put it another way: instead of a 100% guaranteed pro-town power role being lost, a different role which may may not even be town would be lost. Again, assuming the room continues to spin.

Why am I even suggesting this? Let's review the order of events from my perspective:
1. The game begins, I am given the Fat tazer kid role.
2. The source of alleged roleswaps, the room spinning, ends.
3. We lynched Nebuduck, removing him from the game.
4. D2 began and Nebuduck now magically has my role.

Essentially, this is 2 + 2 = 5. As far as I'm concerned, this is so far outside the realm of sanity that I'm willing to consider things that I would normally consider to be really dumb (like a mass rolename claim).

In short: the role is more valuable than its owner, and room spinning offers some manner of potential NK immunity. Furthermore, the Officers are the only roles I've seen that offer a hint of their function in their name. I certainly don't see "Fat tazer kid" and think "roleblock", but maybe I'm uninspired?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Madge » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:45 pm UTC

I'm not sure of the usefulness of town players mass-claiming, but I think us former scum people should claim their original roles so we know what we're dealing with, scum-team wise.

I was the "Silent Monk", and I had a roleblock power and I was in the scum team.

I think it would be neat to have the full list of roles so we limit scum's ability to be creative in claiming, but I think that if I were still scum I would REALLY love that list because I would have a pretty clear idea of what town was capable of (e.g. if they have listeners, trackers, watchers, etc)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:38 am UTC

I'm with Madge. Claiming previous town roles gives scum a bunch of soft claims, whereas claiming previous scum roles gives town a much better idea of what we're up against. Also, it might help give us some hints as to whether any scum *haven't* had their roles swapped.

On a semi-related note, I think it was SPACKlick and _infina_ who claimed being a Mason Cop pair, right? So hopefully there's a new pair of cops in town, and if we're really lucky they'll also have a previous mason connection that they can trust, giving us an outlet for cop results that's modestly secure.

One note about the number of kills, and night actions in general - it looks like we only keep chat abilities from our original roles, so it's likely that the only actions that went through N1 were from people who had gotten their newer role already (either because everyone else didn't actually have the ability they thought they did, or because if you weren't informed of your new role soon enough you didn't know you could target someone). So Carlington's vig kill never would have gone off, I suspect, meaning that we're looking at two mafia kills or mafia + SK and there's still a potential third kill out there that wasn't ready yet.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:54 am UTC

Okay, I've had enough of this situation:

Request clarification of whether a mistake by the mod happened, or replacement

I refuse to be on a game where the mod messed up and then tried to cover their ass with insane role-switching. It's fine if a mistake happened and the mod accepts it. It's fine if it didn't happen and it happened from the start. But, if it did it should be known, and if the mod persists trying to cover it then they can replace me instead.

I fully expect some "No, I didn't mess up" answer, and if so I'd fully believe it and would urge people to lynch people still insisting with the mistake theory. But on a "No comment" I'm out.

Until the mod answers I will not be posting on the thread.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:40 am UTC

RoadieRich wrote:Is the room still spinning?
Dr Ug wrote:The Room is no longer spinning

RoadieRich wrote:It's been almost a month since Cycoden last posted. Replacement and/or modkill please?
Activity timers restart each day to stop modprods notifications being used to detect night action activity. Also, All replacements have been used, so future inactivity will be met with modkill unless I get more signups for replacements.
Vytron wrote:Request clarification of whether a mistake by the mod happened, or replacement
The game was predetermined from the beginning, no changes have been made to the function off the game at any point after it was started. I wouldn't normally respond to this, but I'm tired of reading so many complaints about a stuff up that didn't occur. Have a little faith people, it's not my first game.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:52 am UTC

Thanks.

The best thing was I was right!

Just want to mention it Dr Ug, despite the double layer of bastardness all the craziness of the game has been very well detailed and timed, and those are the reasons I was convinced it was planned all along. For a game of this kind it was very well done and I only hope the discussion about how this came to be comes to an end :)

(and from the looks of it, Gojoe is full of spoilers with Dr Ug saying all this was planned all along)

Back to the game, huh, Van and MoA sound awfully like they want to know the identity of people to lynch them or kill them, because otherwise I don't see any benefit to full claiming. I suspect there's someone that wins if they kill me, and someone probably wins if they lynch me (those people would be in opposition, since both things can't happen) and so, if I win they lose. I'll keep my new identity secret.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:42 am UTC

I am not sure there is much benefit to a mass claim. Especially a mass claim of current roles. Since it's pretty obvious that everyone and their mother has switched roles by now, I've got no issue saying that I did too. I was Chow, who for some reason isn't part of any mafia group. Probably because he was stuffed into a trunk. Instead he is an independent who wants revenge on the main characters. He is some kind of weird not quite SK who wants the people who put him in the trunk dead.
23111

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Van » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:19 pm UTC

I totally called it that this was Dr Ug's thing all along!

So, after sleeping on it (technically, while trying to fall asleep), I realized I missed something important: if the Officer role is swapped, what happens to the results on whoever they copped? infina, you said your result came back "different", do you believe that the new owner of your role has the cop-info you expected to get?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:50 pm UTC

Dr Ug - I am disappointed in you. I said it in my previous post, but I'll now say it again more explicitly. Changing everyone's roles so that D2 starts with everyone having a new role is just fucking stupid.

PLEASE MODKILL/REPLACE ME.

I wish I could say that I got at least a tiny bit of enjoyment from participating in this game, but the entire experience was horrible. Goodbye again, mafia subforum.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:47 pm UTC

Well, I guess planned mod bastardy is better than unintended mod bastardy...slightly.

As for mass roleclaim, at this point at best it gives lynchers their targets and might get a scum if one should slip up on a safe claim. At worst, it gives flavor knowledgeable scum a target list for kills and blocking (assuming Madge is on the level about her previous incarnation).
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:14 pm UTC

Well, I guess it was MoA or me...

I do like the concept, because, you have a closed setup, but people know pieces of the setup, by virtue of having seen their old role. Perhaps the same could have been achieved by showing everyone the role of someone else, or by forewarning about incoming win conditions, but the chaos and people's reactions about it and even conspiracy theories about accidents and ass-covering have been very entertaining and we could only have had them this way.

No offense, but some people just take things too seriously*. It's just a game.

Spoiler:
*Me included, I guess, but I think confirmation of intention was necessary.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Van » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:40 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:As for mass roleclaim, at this point at best it gives lynchers their targets and might get a scum if one should slip up on a safe claim. At worst, it gives flavor knowledgeable scum a target list for kills and blocking (assuming Madge is on the level about her previous incarnation).
Now that you mention it, it actually has a much lower chance than normal of getting scum. Suppose two people claim some role, the normal procedure would be to lynch the scummier one first, and the other the next day if the first turned up town. In this game, it's entirely possible that lynching both people claiming a role could end up hitting town both times (via role swaps).

I really want to come up with something to "solve" this game, but the complexity of it is really hurting my brain.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
frogman
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 am UTC
Location: Corvallis, OR

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby frogman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:16 pm UTC

Sorry I haven't been posting. Night went on for a while, so I got out of the habit of checking the forum, and now I'm confused about what the best way to proceed is.

I am massively against roleclaiming our current roles, but I will happily divulge my old role, in case it turns out to be useful. I was Kimmy, a town-aligned flavorcop.
yeah yeah yeah

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:32 pm UTC

Van wrote: If an Officer claims and is then NK-targeted that night, and the room is still spinning, the cop role will/may not be lost.

Except the room isn't spinning any more, and we have no indication that it will start again. Until we do, your suggestion is highly suspect. My vote stays.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:43 pm UTC

I'm seriously getting a little sick of people complaining that the closed setup complex game of mafia they joined turned out to be closed and complex. If you are upset you have no one to blame except yourself, join a vanilla or open setup game next time, or a game advertised as simple. Dr Ug put this game together with mechanics they thought would be interesting and advertised it as complex and having a secret setup, and you all signed up for it. It is unfair to that effort to complain when those mechanics are revealed and they confuse you. Unless you think he is purposely changing the rules and messing with the outcome of the game on the fly I don't see what the problem is.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby freezeblade » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 pm UTC

I'm ok with outting my previous role. I was "the smoking monkey," Where I was part Kingsley’s Gang. Like I said earlier, the typical "mafia wincon" is still my "secondary win" according to the mod, but my current role's wincon takes presidence.

Warning: I'm heading way outside the range of cell phone service, camping this weekend.

I shall return on monday, but I'll be totally gone from about 2 hours from this post until 9am monday morning.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests