Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby RoadieRich » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:17 am UTC

Posting to hijack the page topper.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:09 pm UTC

Votals:

Nebuduck 14 (Thinksweet, sungura, freezeblade, _infina_, Minestrone, moody7277, RoadieRich, VectorZero, SDK, ElectricHaze, Jar'O'Jam, Vytron, quintopia, Van)
quintopia 1 (SDK)
Vytron 2 (madge, Azrael001)
Azrael001 1 (SPACKlick)

Nebuduck has been lynched. Night 1 starts now, deadline 1 week from now, but will end earlier if all actions are sent in.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:50 pm UTC

Murrin has replaced Sungura
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby SDK » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:18 pm UTC

FYI, I'm gone for two weeks on vacation. I'll probably check in from time to time, but I expect I won't be doing much in the way of analysis. Depending on how fast the Day goes I might not even be able to keep up properly over that time. Dr. Ug knew this when I replaced, so there you go. I'll lynch you when I get back.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby Vytron » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:21 pm UTC

(unless you're dying N1, of course)

User avatar
SDK
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby SDK » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:26 pm UTC

I guess. Here's hoping!
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:09 pm UTC

So, is this game dead?

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby Vytron » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 pm UTC

I hope that if it revives it does it soon, as I'm starting to forget what happened, despite it all being being very important and impacting.

I guess if the game continued today it'd be like those movie sequels where they have to start with "3 years later" and hopefully you don't have to re-watch the first one to know what's going on.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:28 pm UTC

I mean I don't think Dr Ug has visited the forum lately - I sent a PM yesterday asking when he thought day was going to start and it's still unread.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby SPACKlick » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:25 am UTC

He was on around deadline (a couple of days ago) but hasn't been since.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:46 am UTC

completely slammed at work, have had about 15 hours sleep since Monday. Night will end soon, sorry.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2. The stable room

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:05 pm UTC

The crowd slept well (mostly) after stringing Nebuduck up to swing from the ceiling in the lobby.

Next morning they gathered to see who he was. Evil just doesn't explain it


Nebuduck was Marshall, godfather of Marshall's Mob (mafia, scum)

After the cheers died down, they realised there were a few more missing from their midst. A quick check of the rooms found a chicken, a race horse, some more cocaine, a dead tiger and a dead body

They look more closely at the tiger's body, and it appears to have been shot multiple times with powerful bolts? No one has ever seen weapons that could do this sort of damage...


Carlington is dead. He was Mike Tyson's tiger, vigilante, town

A small child, still clinging to a taser was found with a mouth filled full of cigarettes. It seems he had choked on them.

quintopia is dead. He was the Fat Tazer Kid, roleblocker, lyncher for alan and town

There was still much confusion, people wearing each others clothes, some with a few body modifications even. But things seemed to make a little more sense today.

Day 2 begins now
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:10 pm UTC

Well those results make no bloody sense with my night action results. I'm checking with Dr Ug in PM whether or not role swapping could lead to these results. If the role swapping has done this to me, then night 1 results can all be taken with a mountain of salt just like Day 1 intel.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:13 pm UTC

Also, sorry for the huge delay in night 1 processing. My own personal night processing has been a little bit short of time in the last week. Hopefully should be better from here on (those weeks are usually one a few times per year...)
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:14 pm UTC

I gained the ability to chat with someone else on the night. And, um, apparently what happened before the room stopped spinning wasn't hallucinatory, I could also chat with my old supposed buddies, so I'm currently on two different chat groups (one by day, the other by night).

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:02 pm UTC

My role changed overnight. I can definitely see what Vytron was talking about with regards to "incentive" and the back and forth at the end of the day could be about. Is there any reason to not disclose this now? I assume many people's roles have changed?

However, I am very suspicious about my result for my night action. I targeted Vytron N1 and gained a win. My new role had a bonus win if I ever targeted a specific role in the game, so to do so N1 seems fairly lucky to me. *shrug* (Is there anything helpful that the mod informed you about Vytron?)

Also I can understand why Vytron retains the ability to night-chat, but I am still confused because I lost my old ability when my role changed. Did you still have a NK?
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
frogman
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 am UTC
Location: Corvallis, OR

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby frogman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:14 pm UTC

My role also changed! I did a flavorcop on Vytron, but because my role changed partway through the night I didn't get the results. Did anyone else get a role change overnight?
yeah yeah yeah

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:54 pm UTC

frogman wrote:My role also changed! I did a flavorcop on Vytron, but because my role changed partway through the night I didn't get the results. Did anyone else get a role change overnight?

I'm starting to wonder if a better question would be "Does anyone have the same role now as they did at the start of D1, and why shouldn't we lynch you?"

In the mean time,


Vote Cycoden for being a worse lurker than even I am normally.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby kalira » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:02 pm UTC

At this point I think we pretty much have to presume that this is going to be somewhat of a do-over D1. Regardless of what anyone says, I'm going to presume everyone's roles changed, which means that none of our town reads from the previous day should really mean anything.

It's possible Dr Ug kept whatever scum there are one the same teams so as to discourage any information leaks about how they're set up, or threatened severe bodily injury to anyone he switched over from scum (yes, I read through the stuff with Vytron etc yesterday, I'm just thinking aloud atm) to keep that information under wraps, idk.

Any former scum want to tell us about the setup of scum parties? I'm not terribly interested in who you claim to be your (former) scumbuddies, as I'm not necessarily likely to believe you, but I'm definitely interested in numbers, roles, powers if you can speak to them. Any former SK that wants to divulge the existence of one in game?
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
Minestrone
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Minestrone » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:37 pm UTC

I don't really know what to do in this game anymore so I might as well do this. I think the more information we have public the better chance we have of town understanding this game well enough to play well. I was an SK yesterday but my role changed as night fell. I am town now, and I've lost my old kill but I still have "be the last one alive" as a secondary win condition, although I'm not sure how I'd go about achieving that now even if winning with town wasn't my primary concern.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

I still have both my D1 roles (or at least I've not been told otherwise), and so I'm still double-town. I also need to double-check what's happening with all the daychats, because there seemed to be a lot of them D1 but with Nebu gone I can't remember how many are left. Not to mention my whole first page of PMs is currently filled with Rooms and Booms and no Hangovers.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Van » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:50 pm UTC

Just checking in. FYI: I'm in the middle of moving (technically, I have moved out and am couchsurfing) so I'm replying via laptop - I will be lazyish with reply lengths until I move into my new appt on the 15th.

At the risk of stating the obvious, I think something weird is going on here. I targeted quintopia overnight and somehow he died (and took my role with him, I was fat taser kid on D1), so... I'm not particularly sure what to make of that. I really need to reread this thread and try to piece this together.

On the bright side, Nebuduck was actually scum and I was right about my D1 role-spec of a tiger being in the game. Maybe things are looking up :o
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Madge » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:34 pm UTC

Yep, my role and alignment changed last night, too.

Real talk:
I used to be mafia, but it looks like all the people in my mafia group have changed to be town now. Worthy to note is we still have a secondary win condition with our old mafia group (different mafia group to the one nebu was in), so we get a secondary win if our old mafia controls the votes (or possibly if the people given our roles control the votes?). We tried to submit a kill last night (hey, we figured, you know, if we're secondarily mafia, we should try and kill people we think might also be scum, you know? Plus not gonna lie I was curious to see if we could still kill.). The kill didn't go through. Not sure if it was a doctor, roleblocker, or some other craziness going on. But I think it's more likely that it's proof we're really just a mason group with no guarantee of each others' alignments at this point.

I don't have any results to report.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:46 pm UTC

Some quick observations:

1. Only one role is being revealed on death, even though I would expect at least one of the dead characters to have had a swapped role (I can't remember exactly who claimed to have been hit with one of those, but Van is claiming that quintopia got swapped on death at least). I'd guess that when you die only your current role is revealed?

2. It definitely looks like the actual roles are being passed around, since a couple of roles that people claimed to have lost have now appeared among the dead (e.g. Van, Vytron claimed to be godfather which apparently passed to Nebuduck). So it's likely that the roles that people are saying they used to have got given to someone else whose role switched at a similar time, although it's hard to tell which roles definitely switched at the same time.

3. At this stage, it doesn't look like anyone has been switched a second time, although it's still early days. Hence it's hard to tell whether it's a case of "original role was fake, you now get your real role" or "roles will change around until you're killed". That said, the latter would result in a *lot* of secondary win conditions, and for some people I suspect they wouldn't necessarily all be achievable.

Madge, are you willing to out your old mafia team? Or at least confirm whether or not Vytron was one of them?
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:02 am UTC

Oh, also, Madge can you at least say how *many* people are in your ex-scum group (alive or dead)? I have a suspicion about something.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:11 am UTC

weiyaoli wrote: (Is there anything helpful that the mod informed you about Vytron?)


Yes. I have plenty of useful info for Lynchers (people winning if some role gets lynched)/Assassins (people with kills that win if they some role) so I'm keeping shut about it.

weiyaoli wrote:Also I can understand why Vytron retains the ability to night-chat, but I am still confused because I lost my old ability when my role changed. Did you still have a NK?


I was specifically told that my kill ability and my Godfather ability were just hallucinations. So on cop investigations I'll appear town because I'm town, not because I am Godfather. At least I didn't need to die yesterday for people to believe me since their roles are changed too.

ConMan wrote:"roles will change around until you're killed"


This would suck. I mean, I once planned to mod a Groundhog Day based game where the roles of everyone changed every night, so it was D1 over and over and every day people would need to discard all their analysis every day. The problem here is everyone was taken by surprise and we don't have anything.

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Madge » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:32 am UTC

Yep, Vytron was on my team (sorry Vytron) but apparently I'm such a legendary scum player* I managed to convince him yesterday that I hadn't been told I was on a scum team with him so he was shocked to see me in the mafia chat???

Our team has 4 people including me. I won't out them, just because I don't know what the hell is happening this game and I don't want to cause us problems. We are all still alive. We have nightchat only.

*hopefully the sarcasm goes without saying
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:06 am UTC

Madge wrote: I managed to convince him yesterday that I hadn't been told I was on a scum team with him so he was shocked to see me in the mafia chat???


This is all true, at the end of D1 I truly believed that the mod was messing up with me, and it was a surprise to find out I could night chat with my ex-buddies (and that it' wasn't a hallucination that we were the mafia).

Also, the people changing roles in the night is proof that the mod never messed up and that the role changing was planned all along.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:35 am UTC

Madge wrote:Yep, Vytron was on my team (sorry Vytron) but apparently I'm such a legendary scum player* I managed to convince him yesterday that I hadn't been told I was on a scum team with him so he was shocked to see me in the mafia chat???

Our team has 4 people including me. I won't out them, just because I don't know what the hell is happening this game and I don't want to cause us problems. We are all still alive. We have nightchat only.

*hopefully the sarcasm goes without saying

Ok, so I take that to mean that you still have mason chat with Vytron and two as-yet-unnamed ex-mafia? I'm fine with that. In which case, I have an extremely strong suspicion of who someone in the *new* mafia group is. (Actually I was fairly sure before this, but now I think I'm missing just one piece of information to confirm it.)

Meanwhile, can I just say how annoying it is to know that there was a role out there who apparently won with town, but was also a lyncher for a town character? I really hope the other main characters don't have lynchers too. On that note, Van, can you elaborate on what you targeted quintopia with, given that the reveal of the role doesn't mention any abilities? And does it look like you targeting him caused the role change, or could it just be coincidence that he got your role?
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:41 am UTC

EBWOP: Oh! Also! This is *not* a do-over of D1. We have three corpses, one due to lynching but two due to night kills (interestingly, the flavour for neither seems to fit a tiger attack, suggesting that we still have either another vig or a serial killer out there, if not a second scum group). We have a surprisingly large amount of information on the roles that are out there, even if we can't 100% trust the info we have on them and don't know for sure where those roles might now lie. Sure we can't use a lot of the D1 posts to look for scum directly, but we are actually in a much better position than we would be in many D2s, which at worst is a nifty side-effect of the role swapping but I'm pretty sure is actually *exactly* what it was meant to do in the first place.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Van » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:50 am UTC

ConMan wrote:On that note, Van, can you elaborate on what you targeted quintopia with, given that the reveal of the role doesn't mention any abilities? And does it look like you targeting him caused the role change, or could it just be coincidence that he got your role?

Dr Ug wrote:A small child, still clinging to a taser was found with a mouth filled full of cigarettes. It seems he had choked on them.

quintopia is dead. He was the Fat Tazer Kid, roleblocker, lyncher for alan and town
I think maybe you missed it? I was a roleblocker. quintopia seemed like a decent choice - I thought him not wanting to be daychatted on D1 was kind of suspicious. My role text certainly didn't make it sound like anything beyond a vanilla roleblock, and I didn't get any additional feedback overnight... technically, I have no way of knowing if my targeting him was related to the roleswap at all. I can't even be sure if I got his old role or not, I guess. My new role definitely doesn't say "you swap roles with whoever targets you at night! Also, maybe this kills you?", which means that someone else targeted him too (with a NK).

As an aside, my new role PM referenced the room spinning, so I guess that wasn't totally over yet, despite the group announcement. Here's hoping it ended with N1?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

User avatar
ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am UTC
Location: Beacon Alpha

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby ConMan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:08 am UTC

Van wrote:
ConMan wrote:On that note, Van, can you elaborate on what you targeted quintopia with, given that the reveal of the role doesn't mention any abilities? And does it look like you targeting him caused the role change, or could it just be coincidence that he got your role?

Dr Ug wrote:A small child, still clinging to a taser was found with a mouth filled full of cigarettes. It seems he had choked on them.

quintopia is dead. He was the Fat Tazer Kid, roleblocker, lyncher for alan and town
I think maybe you missed it? I was a roleblocker.

Ah yeah. I don't know how I missed that :S So you tried roleblocking him, and if other comments are to be believed it's likely that your action didn't go through, but then potentially neither did his.

And I assume that since Nebu's death, you haven't received any kind of replacement daychat.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby weiyaoli » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:11 am UTC

Vytron wrote:
weiyaoli wrote: (Is there anything helpful that the mod informed you about Vytron?)


Yes. I have plenty of useful info for Lynchers (people winning if some role gets lynched)/Assassins (people with kills that win if they some role) so I'm keeping shut about it.

Not quite what I meant. I'm 99.99% sure what your role is for example, since I received my bonus win from targeting you. I was more asking if the mod had informed you in some way that I had targeted you. I was trying to work out if my character was insane in some way, and would inform me that every person that I target was this particular person that I was looking for. Based on your responses so far, I'm pretty confident that you are.

In the interests of full disclosure, yesterday I was the Wedding Singer (town) - so presumably we should trust (barring weird shenanigans) any flavour messages given out in a PA:

Dr Ug wrote:All of a sudden a loud pinging eminates from the PA speakers, followed by an announcment:

Hello? Hello? How does this thing work again... Oh right, it's already on.

'fess up, who drove the bulldozer into the lobby? What even happened last night? Damn it, I knew starting a new job working in this hotel was the wrong career choice; should have stayed in the wedding singing business. More money, they said, less travelling, they said - pa! And I'm the only employee at the moment! I knew they would leave me to clean any messes up.

Ouch. Okay, I definitely shouldn't have drunk so much last night, and this blasted PA system doesn't help my headache.

Right. Stay calm everyone, and I'll hopefully have more to say tomorrow.


I crumbed this in my second (I think) post:

weiyaoli wrote:Personally, my first thought was that 4 was a South Park reference (Mr Mackey), but it could well have been in the Hangover movies - I guess we have to hope someone who is yet to post is familiar with the flavour! Actually I had dismissed (1,4,5) as just flavour when I first read the opening post, but I guess we can just wait for the mod to answer Minestrone's question to find out if the rules are related to some mechanic. I can definitely see some sort of role that involved dealing drugs maybe for #4.


Referring to the public flavour post in the form of a PA announcement. I basically gave all the information I had from my role PM - I had no additional information in any way. I think the pertinent points were:

1. I was the wedding singer
2. I was told I was the only worker at the hotel atm
3. I had access to the PA system

In hindsight, using it so early was probably the wrong move to make, though since I had no further information throughout D1, it probably wouldn't have made much difference. I'm claiming so that if there is another PA announcement today, we can work out if the roles have been swapped, or actually some dropped and new ones added. Also as I added earlier so that we would be more inclined to trust whatever the person writes in the message.

Given that Vytron and Nebu seemed to be part of different mafia yesterday, and we had an SK claim, it seems that we can't really conclude much from only 2 people dying last night. There could be more kills or less kills flying around, but at least one seems to have been blocked I guess.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby SPACKlick » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 am UTC

Vytron wrote:Also, the people changing roles in the night is proof that the mod never messed up and that the role changing was planned all along.

I disagree with this point. Whether this is ass covering for the original set up or not remains at question. Given that some people used one roles power at the start of the night only to have it not work because they were no longer that role without opportunity to use the second roles night action leads me to believe it was an ass-covering situation.

ConMan wrote:Oh! Also! This is *not* a do-over of D1. We have three corpses, one due to lynching but two due to night kills (interestingly, the flavour for neither seems to fit a tiger attack, suggesting that we still have either another vig or a serial killer out there, if not a second scum group). We have a surprisingly large amount of information on the roles that are out there, even if we can't 100% trust the info we have on them and don't know for sure where those roles might now lie.

So we now have a more open set up, with some wine in it. It's just Day 1 semi-open. Scumhunting using D1 posts is pointless, buddyhunting from D1 is pointless. Breadcrumbs from D1 are pointless.

The issue is now, as well as hunting scum, scum have a great opportunity to active lurk by talking about the set up and mod bastardry. I was x I am now y isn't a very loaded post so scum can claim it with pretty much impugnity. So this game is a month old, 6 players and three roles have left but we're basically at square 1 of a semi-open set up except all the open-ness comes from players so there's a fine rioja fermenting just waiting to be bottled.

I'm very suspicious of people who claim they still have their old chat. I don't know if my old mason partner is ignoring me or has lost their ability to day chat but either way I'm getting bupkiss on that front.

Roadie: Can you confirm your role has changed?

Also, given that lots of people still seem to be hanging on to old win conditions (possibly as secondary conditions), people being confirmed town shouldn't necessarily get a free pass because it may turn to their interest to betray us.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:39 pm UTC

@weiyaoli: The mod has never informed me of any interaction with another player, and has specified that my change of role was because the room stopped spinning (i.e. not because of an interaction with someone.)

SPACKlick wrote:I disagree with this point. Whether this is ass covering for the original set up or not remains at question. Given that some people used one roles power at the start of the night only to have it not work because they were no longer that role without opportunity to use the second roles night action leads me to believe it was an ass-covering situation.


It would be a first. In all the time I've seen mods messing up for any reason, they have been very open about this, and even apologized. The timing and the details have me convinced Dr Ug is following with his plan from the start (I just hope his plan doesn't include keep the role switching. What is next? I help town lynch some mafiosi and then it becomes a mistake because I become part of the group of that mafia?)

Continuing to drag on this point about trying to find a reason for the role switching because of fixing mistakes and then because of ass-covering seems active lurking.

Vote: SPACKlick

I, in fact, changed alignment but can chat with two Mason groups at once. SPACKlick changed alignment but claims he lost the ability to chat with his old group. I don't think Dr Ug is having some mechanics for some people and others for others. SPACKlick is using this supposed difference to put suspicion on people that can chat with their old group, as if it was false, and people that didn't change alignment can't know if who's saying the truth, so SPACKlick is a liability to town (i.e. if they convince people to lynch town players that have truthfully claimed they can chat with their old group.)

This is the most fishy behavior I've seen this day. As if SPACKlick planned to claim he changed alignment, but expected that doing so would cut their current connections, so that other people claiming the connections are still there took him by surprise.

User avatar
SPACKlick
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 am UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby SPACKlick » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:51 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:It would be a first.

Not for me it wouldn't. This exact mistake has happened before, posting the player list in order of assignment and then a scramble to fix it with ad hoc rules (admittedly that didn't involve wholesale role switching)

Vytron wrote:(I just hope his plan doesn't include keep the role switching. What is next? I help town lynch some mafiosi and then it becomes a mistake because I become part of the group of that mafia?)

You mean like could have happened yesterday with Nebu if he'd been switched to a non-mafia role?

Continuing to drag on this point about trying to find a reason for the role switching because of fixing mistakes and then because of ass-covering seems active lurking.

It's actually just resentment at a month of what was looking like a very interesting game appearing to be bastarded on the fly, you'll also note I posted information about myself, interpretation of part of the game and a question for players. It's not "lurking" it's active.

I, in fact, changed alignment but can chat with two Mason groups at once. SPACKlick changed alignment but claims he lost the ability to chat with his old group.

Read again,
I don't know if my old mason partner is ignoring me or has lost their ability to day chat but either way I'm getting bupkiss on that front.

I can still talk to them, I'm just not getting any responses.

This is the most fishy behavior I've seen this day. As if SPACKlick planned to claim he changed alignment, but expected that doing so would cut their current connections, so that other people claiming the connections are still there took him by surprise.

Or, if you look back at yesterday where I first let the group know I'd been switched and still had my old chat but not my old powers, it might look like I'm saying 1) i'm getting sod all use out of my chat partner so don't expect me to have added information and 2) I'm suspicious so many people are claiming day chat because it's not necessarily safe information to have public until there's a two sided claim.

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby Vytron » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:This exact mistake has happened before, posting the player list in order of assignment and then a scramble to fix it with ad hoc rules (admittedly that didn't involve wholesale role switching)


But, did the mod cover up and deny the mistake? I'm not saying mistakes don't happen, I'm saying when they happen everyone knows about them.

SPACKlick wrote:You mean like could have happened yesterday with Nebu if he'd been switched to a non-mafia role?


Well, I guess all the people that voted Nebu that now switched roles are are from his former mafia team (if they exist) are tearing their hair out now. What I mean is that we can leave with one such role change. Two such role changes would be pushing it.

SPACKlick wrote:It's actually just resentment at a month of what was looking like a very interesting game appearing to be bastarded on the fly, you'll also note I posted information about myself, interpretation of part of the game and a question for players. It's not "lurking" it's active.


So, if you weren't resentful you wouldn't be claiming that the mod messed up and it's trying to cover his ass? Because your feelings about it wouldn't change whether they messed up or not.

I, in fact, changed alignment but can chat with two Mason groups at once. SPACKlick changed alignment but claims he lost the ability to chat with his old group.

Read again,
I don't know if my old mason partner is ignoring me or has lost their ability to day chat but either way I'm getting bupkiss on that front.

I can still talk to them, I'm just not getting any responses.


And yet you said:

I'm very suspicious of people who claim they still have their old chat.


Why are you very suspicious, if you can still talk to them?

Or, if you look back at yesterday where I first let the group know I'd been switched and still had my old chat but not my old powers, it might look like I'm saying 1) i'm getting sod all use out of my chat partner so don't expect me to have added information and 2) I'm suspicious so many people are claiming day chat because it's not necessarily safe information to have public until there's a two sided claim.


My suspicion of you is based on your claim that you suspect people that claim to still have their old chat, even though you still have your old chat, and no reason to suspect the old chat would cease (that your buddy is ignoring you is not a reason to be very suspicious of people.)

It's just fishy. Lurking might be fishier but I'm not going there, the mod should make sure people participate or replace them.

User avatar
kalira
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:03 pm UTC

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby kalira » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:05 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:
ConMan wrote:Oh! Also! This is *not* a do-over of D1. We have three corpses, one due to lynching but two due to night kills (interestingly, the flavour for neither seems to fit a tiger attack, suggesting that we still have either another vig or a serial killer out there, if not a second scum group). We have a surprisingly large amount of information on the roles that are out there, even if we can't 100% trust the info we have on them and don't know for sure where those roles might now lie.

So we now have a more open set up, with some wine in it. It's just Day 1 semi-open. Scumhunting using D1 posts is pointless, buddyhunting from D1 is pointless. Breadcrumbs from D1 are pointless.


This is what I meant -- I was more talking about the fact that we couldn't trust D1 posts to give us any information about alignments, not that we don't have any information whatsoever. Though I do have to disagree with one point Spack made there -- I think breadcrumbs might not be completely pointless. If someone doesn't want to reveal their old role, and later someone claims that role, those breadcrumbs might be a way of helping confirm the role. For example, if I were the tazer kid originally and breadcrumbed it, then someone comes along and claims tazer kid, I could essentially "test" them on their knowledge of the role and confirm or deny/suspect they weren't really that, and have the rest of the players believe it based on showing them my breadcrumb from D1. We may have to worry about breadcrumbs that look a bit too contrived though, if that becomes a thing, as current scum might be able to collaborate and think up a way of pulling a BS breadcrumb from one of their posts to "confirm" a role for one of their scummates.

FWIW, I think worrying and wondering over whether this is ass covering or not on the part of Dr Ug is a little pointless, to be honest. Whatever the case, it has happened. It doesn't matter whether it was intended from the beginning or whether it was the result of a mistake, we have to work with what we've got.
plytho wrote:Isn't bowling just a subcategory of pottery?

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby moody7277 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:20 pm UTC

Okay, I now have empirical evidence of role-swapping since it happened to me as well (yay, not left out). I breadcrumbed my D1 role in my very first post, can decode it for you if you don't want it an exercise for the student. Other than that, I still have my alignment and secondary win condition.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Hangafia - Day 2 - The Stable Room

Postby RoadieRich » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:43 pm UTC

I'm on the edge of a depression/panic/anxiety attack, so perhaps I shouldn't be posting at all.

SPACKlick wrote: I don't know if my old mason partner is ignoring me or has lost their ability to day chat but either way I'm getting bupkiss on that front

I don't like that: if you couldn't chat any more, Dr Ug would have said so.

SPACKlick wrote:Scumhunting using D1 posts is pointless, buddyhunting from D1 is pointless. Breadcrumbs from D1 are pointless.

"Oh no, I seemed scummy day one, best try to make people think it doesn't mean anything."

Also,
RoadieRich wrote:I thought SPACKlick was suspicious, but I can't remember why.

Nebuduck wrote:I'm very happy to Vote SPACKlick to chat to RR.


Unvote

Vote: SPACKlick
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomFrog and 5 guests