Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Van

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby Van » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:33 pm UTC

I have an amazingly weird suggestion. Going off this post, RR was 5 from the bottom in "Orig", which I am assuming is start of the game. ConMan now occupies that position. Could ConMan try using a PM power (which he may or may not have) on someone?

Essentially, I am wondering if abilities are related to our locations in the player list.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Van

Postby Van » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:34 pm UTC

This would also explain why RR couldn't use his power - he had lost access to it through player list shuffling. I don't know, it's probably dumb and nothing, but worth a shot?
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:22 pm UTC

If this is a bastard game, I wish i'd have known, so I wouldn't have agreed to play. I hate games where rules continually change and shit like that, so if it is the case that the relisting is actually mixing up our roles or such without us being told (at least, I've not received any notice) I'm going to be SUPER PISSED OFF.

Anyway, considering we are no longer waiting on RR to have time to daychat, I am going to ahead and

vote: Nebuduck

For reasons already listed in my previous posts.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:42 pm UTC

Hey guys - sorry I've not posted much, been pretty busy this weekend.

So I just got a PM from Dr Ug saying I could now PM with ThinkSweet. My guess is that I somehow have a 'power' (which I haven't been told anything about, by the way) to chat with anyone who has voted for me. I haven't sent ThinkSweet any messages, and don't plan on doing so, unless anyone has a good idea of how I should use this chat ability. I am assuming that ThinkSweet will corroborate this statement, although if he doesn't, I'm clearly screwed, which I think is good enough reason for me not to be lying here.

To answer the questions I know are going to come up:

- I haven't yet been given the ability to chat with Sungura. If this is tied in to whoever has voted with me, I'd expect that to happen within the next 24 hours or so.
- I haven't been told that I can no longer PM with Van. If my theory is correct, it would appear that I can chat with everyone who has voted for me.
- I would consider this fairly strong evidence that this isn't my doing - if this were some sort of day chat ability that I had, and could explicitly choose people to target, I think it would be surprising if I could initiate a day chat with more than one person (and, assuming I get to chat to Sungura, more than two).
- I don't know what happens if someone unvotes me. My guess from what Dr Ug's initial message said (that we could PM for the rest of this day/night cycle) means that, if my theory is correct, if everyone in turn voted and then unvoted me, I could chat to everyone (please don't do this, I don't need that number of PMs to deal with...)

If anyone else has any other questions, I'll try to answer them. I genuinely have no information about this, but am happy to run experiments.

Also a quick note - this clearly puts me in a similar position to RR, of being very interesting. I certainly wouldn't be making this up, because it makes the target on my head many times larger. It also potentially means that I'm quite a valuable asset - I can potentially be used as a relay for messages between whoever wants (people would know that you were messaging through me, since you would have to publicly vote/unvote, but wouldn't know what).

Discuss...

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:46 pm UTC

Yeah, I would be extremely worried if I suddenly had access to someone else's power just because of a rearrangement of player order. I mean, I can try, but I'm actually hoping it doesn't work. Roadie, the wordings of your communication with the mod don't suggest you've lost the ability, do they?
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:56 pm UTC

I was just checking back through the posts. Dr Ug's last post tally was at 11:35 am today. His PM to me telling me I could chat to ThinkSweet was at 11:31 am - 4 minutes before hand. I'm convinced this is to do with who is voting for me.

Anyway, bed now, will check to see what people's opinions are tomorrow.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:01 am UTC

ConMan wrote:Roadie, the wordings of your communication with the mod don't suggest you've lost the ability, do they?

I'd hope you know better than that from as distinguished a mod as Dr Ug - although my original role pm was missing a couple of points, the later PMs only contained the critical details: that nothing happened and I couldn't PM, and that I couldn't try again. Nothing about not being able to try tomorrow.

If I did get scum roleblocked, then it achieved one of my minor aims: they wasted their D1 ability on something with next-to-no use, rather than randomly hitting a cop or doctor.

I also really don't like the idea of positional ability shift, purely in terms of a "making it difficult as all get out to balance" sense.

I prefer 'Rich' or 'RR' as an abbreviation, rather than 'Roadie', btw.

I hope this isn't turning into Somnambulist Amnesia Mafia... Was anyone else here involved with that CF?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 am UTC

For the sake of curiosity given Nebu's last post:

Unvote
Vote: Nebuduck
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:20 am UTC

Well, now it's starting to sound like Nebu's daychat *is* totally unrelated to RR's. Also, for science!

Vote: Nebuduck

. . . and . . .

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:22 am UTC

Unvote

(True story, the very 1st game of mafia I played here was as a replacement for Nebu. Even if he is scum, I'd kinda hate to see him die on D1.)

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:30 am UTC

Well if Thinksweet is able to pm with Nebuduck now I guess that gets rid of the possibility of RR's ability not working due to such an ability already being active on the target. That leaves Role-block/thief or an outright lie from RR for whatever reason...

I very much doubt abilities are gained or lost from the player list movement without people with the roles knowing it was a possibility. To take someone's role away without telling them or explained in the rules is pretty bastardy and I didn't think this was a bastard game.

Nebuduck I very much doubt you have an ability you have an ability you don't know about for the reason above, but I guess it is slighty less bastardy than switching around the rules, so I will entertain the possibility for a few more hours until we can confirm Sungara/MoA/VectorZero don't get chat powers with you.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:50 am UTC

Nebuduck wrote:So I just got a PM from Dr Ug saying I could now PM with ThinkSweet. My guess is that I somehow have a 'power' (which I haven't been told anything about, by the way) to chat with anyone who has voted for me. I haven't sent ThinkSweet any messages, and don't plan on doing so, unless anyone has a good idea of how I should use this chat ability. I am assuming that ThinkSweet will corroborate this statement, although if he doesn't, I'm clearly screwed, which I think is good enough reason for me not to be lying here.

Yep, I can confirm that I received a PM from Dr Ug about this. I also probably won't use it for the time being, as I'm still leaning scummy on Nebu and so I don't really know what there is to say to each other at this point. I'm going to wait and see if other voters get the same PM ability before I make any decisions. Entirely possible that powers have been switched today, but if so hopefully only for today as it will make scum-hunting a bit trickier...
</rant>

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:54 am UTC

Since we have yet to hear from MaJ and mega, it seems likely they will be replaced. (I will reverse the following in a heartbeat if either shows up.)

Unvote
Vote Aardvarki

...for abysmal activity levels.

Here is a tally I made of the thread to date counting posts I consider to be contributing useful on-topic info (counting double/multiple posts as a single post)

Spoiler:
1 Nebuduck iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
2 Aardvarki ii
3 ThinkSweet iiii
4 Frogman iiiiiii
5 _infina_ iiiiiii
6 Jar'O'Jam ii
7 weiyaoli iiiiiiiii
8 cycoden i
9 Minestrone iiiiii
10 Carlington iii
11 Van iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
12 quintopia iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
13 madge iiiii
14 michaelandjimmi
15 Freezeblade iii
16 Azrael001 iiiii
17 moody7277 iiiii
18 sungura iiiiiiiii
19 kalira iiiiiiii
20 ElectricHaze iiiiiiii
21 RoadieRich iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
22 ConMan iiii
23 VectorZero iiiiii
24 MasterOfAll iiiiiii
25 SPACKlick iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
26 megatriorchis

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:29 am UTC

Holy crap this whole voting/causes nebuduck daychat sounds really cool. But dangerous because it's so tempting to vote to try and test the vote->daychat theory and, you know, votes are BAD if they're on a townie.

I'm viewing RR quite suspiciously after all this - though RR did say "guys I will do this and if I don't, won't it be suspicious", and if RR had no intention of ever being able to do the chat thing it seems like really jester-y play. Were I a vig I might think about firing my shot on the off chance RR is a jester who is going to keep causing us problems. (nb: I don't think I am the sort of player who plays a good vig game, so let's all hope I'm not a vig).

I will add that I also have a night-only power, so the existence of day powers was actually quite a surprise for me (pleasant though it is). However, I feel like I should point out that if there's daychat for some, then scum could well have access to it. I played a scum game recently where we did a "all vote within a minute of each other to hammer the last townie we need to kill to win" sort of thing, and that was only possible because of daychat - so we should be very, very careful about putting anyone within (5? 6?) votes of hammer unless we are happy for them to be quicklynched while we're asleep or eating lunch. (Not that scum's gonna do that d1, but I want to make sure I get it out there now in case nobody alive at endgame thinks of it if I get offed in the meantime).
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:42 am UTC

Madge wrote:Holy crap this whole voting/causes nebuduck daychat sounds really cool. But dangerous because it's so tempting to vote to try and test the vote->daychat theory and, you know, votes are BAD if they're on a townie.

Actually, if it works like we think it does, that's not a problem, since you can apparently vote and unvote in the same post (or in quick succession...we'll be able to tell the difference if VectorZero can't do it but MasterOfAll can)
1) It would be impossible to hide it from town and
2) once the cat is out of the bag, everyone knows who is talking to them, which makes conspiracies pretty transparent

So, for balance purposes, I'd like to propose that there are hidden powers associated with every position (or many positions) on the list. Nebu has this for being at the top of the list at the moment. (We can disconfirm this if anyone who was at the top of the list when they were voted for didn't get such a PM in the past, and we can confirm it if it no longer works after the list gets reshuffled.) If this theory is correct, we'll be spending this game pinning down which day powers go with which positions while we do all the other stuff.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:09 am UTC

RoadieRich wrote:
ConMan wrote:Roadie, the wordings of your communication with the mod don't suggest you've lost the ability, do they?

I'd hope you know better than that from as distinguished a mod as Dr Ug - although my original role pm was missing a couple of points, the later PMs only contained the critical details: that nothing happened and I couldn't PM, and that I couldn't try again. Nothing about not being able to try tomorrow.

Well ok then. I'd still lean towards a roleblock (and probably a scummy one) being the explanation, but I guess I'll see if anything happens when I try to target someone ...

I prefer 'Rich' or 'RR' as an abbreviation, rather than 'Roadie', btw.

My apologies. I'll try to stick with either of those from now on. For reference, I prefer CM, am ok with Con, don't know how I feel about Man.

In any case, I still think RR's claim is a weird one to lie about, given how easy it is to verify (and if fake, requires him to suddenly have to cry roleblock), so does that mean there are multiple communication abilities in this game? We've seen two daychats apparently getting created (both to Nebuduck), RR's claim of being able to do the same but failing so far, and the mysterious PA message. I'm trying to work out if that means there are likely to be more (maybe a mason group? an independent mason group? a listener role - ick?) or if it's just that these are the abilities that show up more quickly and everything else is less useful to discuss so early in the game. I'd much prefer the latter, mainly because I hate not knowing what's going on and having a game where half the discussion is in PMs does not help that.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:24 am UTC

quintopia wrote:Actually, if it works like we think it does, that's not a problem, since you can apparently vote and unvote in the same post (or in quick succession...we'll be able to tell the difference if VectorZero can't do it but MasterOfAll can)

VZ actually unvoted for whoever he had voted for before (it's early in the morning, like 0820, so I can't be bothered to work out who he voted for before). I believe I am still targeted by his vote. Anyway, lets see what happens with MoA, since he voted/unvoted in quick succession - my guess is that it should still work, but we'll see.

quintopia wrote:1) It would be impossible to hide it from town and
2) once the cat is out of the bag, everyone knows who is talking to them, which makes conspiracies pretty transparent

I'm not entirely sure what these points are referencing - the paragraph before them didn't seem to have any open questions/issues to answer. Could you clarify.

Anyway, apologies for that fairly content-free post. I'll try to be more interesting later in the day.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:22 am UTC

I fully endorse Sungura's reasoning on the list re-ordering. The original list had Carlington and Nebu together. There's something weird with Carlington and Nebu

Madge breadcrumbed her role in one of her first posts. She's a roleblocker. (A boiled Mackerel). I can think of no reason for town to put an obvious crumb like that in. But Scum, that fits as something to point to in an emergency.

MY suspicion would be

Azrael, Carlington, Nebuduck, Cycoden Electric Haze are one scum team (Probably aligned with Marshall who seems to be actual mafia in the third film)
Megatrio, Aardvarki and Madge are a second scum team (I would laugh very hard if this was the three main characters from the film)
Freezeblade and Minestrone MAY be independents but either way I think we should vote down the list. Although I'd start with Carlington and Nebu because I'm most confident of them.

If anyone is in a mason group or other paired faction please compare that to the original list and see if you and your partners are next to eachother.

unvote
Vote Nebuduck

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:25 am UTC

Yeah, I figured you probably got my breadcrumb when you asked me about what breakfast food I wanted! I thought the anagram would be a bit more obscure, so I was really quite shocked you got it.

Don't think it makes me scummy, I breadcrumb a lot. What would have been scummy is if my claim was something other than what I breadcrumbed.

My roleblock power is night-only, and should be easy enough to verify tomorrow morning in any case.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:34 am UTC

Madge wrote:I figured you probably got my breadcrumb when you asked me about what breakfast food I wanted! I thought the anagram would be a bit more obscure, so I was really quite shocked you got it.

I could claim amazing detective powers given you quoted Red Dwarf apropos of nothing and then went on a tangent about fish. Or I could point out that I've seen boiled mackerel used in the same way before.

Don't think it makes me scummy, I breadcrumb a lot. What would have been scummy is if my claim was something other than what I breadcrumbed.

What benefit do town get for you having hidden your claim day 1? What purpose does it serve?

My roleblock power is night-only, and should be easy enough to verify tomorrow morning in any case.

How so? Do you know who you intend to roleblock? And that they have a power? And that someone will see you block? I think very little will be verified in the morning.

Hey, we could be lucky. I could be over-estimating the amount of scum. If we have a Town vig, Please consider shooting someone from the top of the list. If we have a day vig, likewise.

If I'm wrong about this interpretation of the original list, Then maybe I'm screwing the pooch but my only other interpretation of the list re-ordering is some kind of bastard mod, at which point my impetus to win is low.

I don't see a balanced game with fewer than 5 mafia. I don't see a balanced game with more than 10 people for Town to kill.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 am UTC

Did anyone else just get a message telling them the room had stopped spinning from our illustrious mod?

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:47 am UTC

The Room is no longer spinning.

Votals:

Carlington 1 (Nebuduck)
frogman 1 (Azrael001)
Nebuduck 5 (Van, Thinksweet, sungura, VectorZero, SPACKlick)
Azrael001 1 (_infina_)
Aardvarki 1 (quintopia)

14 to lynch

megatriorchis has been replaced by Vytron
michaelandjimi has been replaced by SDK
Where did my old signature go? :(

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:16 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Did anyone else just get a message telling them the room had stopped spinning from our illustrious mod?

I did indeed. It also had a whole load of other info from Dr Ug, telling me that my role had entirely changed.

Unvote: Carlington

I HAD been told my win condition was to lead a bandwagon against someone - basically, be the first person to vote for whoever got lynched at the end of the day. Day 1 and a randomly chosen less active player (Carlington) seemed like my best bet.

Now I'm something entirely different.

Fucking hell...

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:20 pm UTC

EBWOP: Also, I haven't been told I can PM with anyone else who voted for me yet. I wonder if this role change stopped that, or if my guess was wrong, or if I just need to be more patient.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:23 pm UTC

Nebuduck wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:Did anyone else just get a message telling them the room had stopped spinning from our illustrious mod?

I did indeed. It also had a whole load of other info from Dr Ug, telling me that my role had entirely changed.

Unvote: Carlington

I HAD been told my win condition was to lead a bandwagon against someone - basically, be the first person to vote for whoever got lynched at the end of the day. Day 1 and a randomly chosen less active player (Carlington) seemed like my best bet.

Now I'm something entirely different.

Fucking hell...

But does that mean someone else is now a bandwagoneer? Or is this just a scum-nebuduck ploy? Will be interesting to see if the playerlist has now stopped shuffling.

SPACKlick, did your PM contain any other information? A simple yes or no will suffice if you don't want to go into details. Anyone else going to admit to a changed role?

I'm feeling horrible deja vu.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:05 pm UTC

Nebuduck wrote:
quintopia wrote:1) It would be impossible to hide it from town and

I'm not entirely sure what these points are referencing - the paragraph before them didn't seem to have any open questions/issues to answer. Could you clarify.

Hmm, I wrote that on my phone and apparently part of it got obliterated... I originally wrote that it seemed more like an obviously pro-town power for those reasons, and that obviousness led me to guess it was not your power specifically, as the rest of the post describes.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:09 pm UTC

The Pm Did contain other information and it affected my power.

The PM also contained the flavour names of a couple of other roles but not who plays them.

The PM didn't appear to give me the power to daychat anyone I didn't before. I don't believe Nebuduck/Van PM was because of voting although it may have been some sort of redirecting effect.

If position on the list makes a difference then I would appreciate if Freezeblade would say whether or not they gained a power they didn't have before.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:14 pm UTC

Okay now I've read the rest. Three points:
1) I did not receive any PMs at any point.
2) My guess about the meaning of the room spin must be wrong, as there would be no reason not to keep spinning it indefinitely.
3) Jar'O'Jam knows something about the room spin, because they correctly predicted that it would stop.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:20 pm UTC

I disagree with your point 3 quin. JoJ has been posting rambling flavour, it would not necessarily be a prediction to say "it'll die down eventually"

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:39 pm UTC

Whenever someone confidently asserts something will happen and then it happens, I assume they know something. I have no reason to count their writing style against their being absolutely right. But I guess we'll see, won't we?

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:03 pm UTC

quintopia wrote:Whenever someone confidently asserts something will happen and then it happens, I assume they know something. I have no reason to count their writing style against their being absolutely right. But I guess we'll see, won't we?

That's my thoughts exactly, but now I have to go to an appointment. More after I get back.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:49 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Madge breadcrumbed her role in one of her first posts. She's a roleblocker. (A boiled Mackerel).

Am I missing a reference?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:54 pm UTC

Madge wrote:...Anyway, this is just a quick egopost, so smoke me a kipper (or fry sardines, or boil mackerel, or whatever should please ya), I'll be back for breakfast.

Emphasis mine.
OR BOIL MACKEREL -> AEEIOO BCKLLMRR -> IM A ROLEBLOCKER

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:51 pm UTC

Van wrote:I have an amazingly weird suggestion. Going off this post, RR was 5 from the bottom in "Orig", which I am assuming is start of the game. ConMan now occupies that position. Could ConMan try using a PM power (which he may or may not have) on someone?

Essentially, I am wondering if abilities are related to our locations in the player list.

Kind of reluctant to support that hypothesis. It offends my sense of a fair puzzle if it's just "scum were the last few players on the original list" or such. Put my chips on an unnamed redirector, probably malicious, who didn't want us to get an easy answer with RR and Van confirming a daychat (or not).

And with the Nebu-ThinkSweet thing, I am intrigued. Despite feeling left out with the whole PMing thing going on, I don't plan on voting Nebu to get in on it. For those (very few seemingly) with flavor knowledge: was there a priest like character in the films? The mechanic seems kind of like a confessional deal to me.

As an additional data point, I will say that I have had no communication from the mod since recieving my role at the start of the game. I plan on composing a reads post shortly.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:09 pm UTC

So the room has stopped its spinning. I did not receive any pm about this or any changing of my role.

Also, it appears that the list has changed again. I have pulled the most recent list I could that had all of the lists on it, which happened to have come from SPACKlick. I added which position players have moved to as well. I have not been able to spot a pattern yet as to who was moved where and those that claim a pm saying that their role had changed, but I will be reviewing it more.

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

NUM Sign Up........ Original Post.. To New List 1..... To New List 2..... To New List 3..... To New List 4.....
1.. Azrael001...... Azrael001...... 17 MasterOfAll.... 18 ConMan......... 16 ElectricHaze... 20 Nebuduck.......
2.. MasterOfAll.... Carlington..... 18 ConMan......... 1. michaelandjimmi 12 megatriorchis.. 26 Aardvarki......
3.. Frogman........ Nebuduck....... 11 quintopia...... 17 moody7277...... 15 sungura........ 18 ThinkSweet.....
4.. Van............ cycoden........ 26 SPACKlick...... 19 _infina_....... 6. madge.......... 13 Frogman........
5.. cycoden........ ElectricHaze... 24 Van............ 12 ElectricHaze... 1. weiyaoli....... 7. _infina_.......
6.. madge.......... megatriorchis.. 22 VectorZero..... 16 Jar'O'Jam...... 8. _infina_....... 5. Jar'O'Jam......
7.. Aardvarki...... Aardvarki...... 13 kalira......... 13 Minestrone..... 11 Nebuduck....... 1. weiyaoli.......
8.. ConMan......... madge.......... 9. sungura........ 10 madge.......... 4. Jar'O'Jam...... 6. cycoden........
9.. Freezeblade.... Freezeblade.... 21 madge.......... 8. Frogman........ 25 RoadieRich..... 21 Minestrone.....
10. Carlington..... Minestrone..... 12 michaelandjimmi 2. sungura........ 3. Azrael001...... 16 Carlington.....
11. moody7277...... ThinkSweet..... 14 Nebuduck....... 11 Nebuduck....... 7. Minestrone..... 9. Van............
12. megatriorchis.. VectorZero..... 6. Minestrone..... 7. Van............ 26 michaelandjimmi 14 quintopia......
13. _infina_....... ConMan......... 2. Aardvarki...... 26 kalira......... 23 Freezeblade.... 15 madge..........
14. Minestrone..... kalira......... 7. ThinkSweet..... 21 cycoden........ 20 VectorZero..... 23 maj -> SDK.....
15. ThinkSweet..... SPACKlick...... 4. moody7277...... 3. megatriorchis.. 2. moody7277...... 17 Freezeblade....
16. Jar'O'Jam...... _infina_....... 19 Frogman........ 9. VectorZero..... 14 ConMan......... 22 Azrael001......
17. RoadieRich..... Frogman........ 16 Azrael001...... 20 quintopia...... 18 MasterOfAll.... 24 moody7277......
18. ElectricHaze... quintopia...... 3. Carlington..... 25 MasterOfAll.... 17 quintopia...... 12 sungura........
19. VectorZero..... weiyaoli....... 25 _infina_....... 4. SPACKlick...... 24 Aardvarki...... 2. kalira.........
20. weiyaoli....... sungura........ 8. RoadieRich..... 22 Azrael001...... 10 cycoden........ 8. ElectricHaze...
21. SPACKlick...... moody7277...... 15 Freezeblade.... 23 ThinkSweet..... 22 Carlington..... 10 RoadieRich.....
22. kalira......... RoadieRich..... 20 megatriorchis.. 15 RoadieRich..... 9. ThinkSweet..... 3. ConMan.........
23. RESERVED....... MasterOfAll.... 1. Jar'O'Jam...... 6. Freezeblade.... 13 kalira......... 19 VectorZero.....
24. quintopia...... Jar'O'Jam...... 23 ElectricHaze... 5. weiyaoli....... 5. SPACKlick...... 25 MasterOfAll....
25. Nebuduck....... Van............ 5. weiyaoli....... 24 Carlington..... 21 Frogman........ 4. SPACKlick......
26. RESERVED....... michaelandjimmi 10 cycoden........ 14 Aardvarki...... 19 Van............ 11 mega -> Vytron.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:15 pm UTC

Well, power claims and stuff all over... Did I miss something or did it somehow become a good idea to announce you have night powers and make yourself a target for kills? Night powers become more useful as the game on stop making targets of yourselves people, we could use those as the game progresses and there can only be so many doctors. I'm hoping at this point we have one or better yet more, or that all you people are playing games to throw off possible NK targets.

Daychat power claim I actually liked. As a town player it provokes discussion, and it was good discussion, and it is not an important role if you are targeted and possibly could have worked as a doc target before all these other claims because there was a good chance RR was high on the potential targets for a NK.... Now with all these claims it seems up in the air again.

RoadieRich wrote:Ebwop: by which I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if this is am almost nightless game: unless anyone wants to admit to having a night-time only power.

Big FoS at you RR. After all this nonsense with your claim and jerking people around you pull this and it seems to be working as people did in fact claim night powers.

Madge wrote:My roleblock power is night-only, and should be easy enough to verify tomorrow morning in any case.

If Madge is claiming a role-block and it is night only, then why didn't RR power work? There has to be another role-block/thief and a day power at that which is a bit out there for a day-power. I'm leaning towards a lie in here somewhere. Either RR lied about chat power, or Madge laid some false breadcrumbs. I'm leaning towards RR lying about his day chat as we already have 2 convos going on and a third daychat power seems like a lot.

I still don't think a thief could have been used.
RoadieRich wrote:I can PM directly with the player, but I have to confirm my target selection with Dr Ug first. I have checked, and I can't use the power again.

If someone stole that power that makes one of Van/Nebuduck/ThinkSweet the thief because they should have to use the power like RR would, and pick the target and talk to them so they would have to be in the convo. Or there is a secret convo going on with the stolen power that we don't know about right now. A likely case since it seems like a scum move to steal then there would be a scum daychat going on and they wouldn't want to claim that. It still seems like a longshot to me though.

I don't know what to think about the room spinning and stopping. I'm leaning towards power personally. I believe somewhere in there SPACKlick claimed he got a PM about the room stopping? I did not, only the modpost in this thread. Maybe someone (independant role?) has a roulette ability that spins the room and has an effect on the person it lands on based on where the list stops. In this case SPACKlick.

The original list order relating to roles is a possibility, but I'm not a big fan of it because it relies on the mod having screwed up pretty bad.

Ninja'd: A role redirector would be a good explanation, I still think it odd that it would be a day power though, so I'm still really suspicious of RR being a liar at this point. The whole thing is starting to seem off.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

frogman

Postby frogman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:21 pm UTC

Well, I came back to quite the confusing read.

I'm not feeling strongly enough about anything that happened over the weekend to do a deep analysis post, but here are some of my thoughts.

First of all, it's kind of annoying that Nebuduck's role as apparently completely changed. If that is the truth, then anything that happened preceding that change becomes mostly irrelevant to our current situation. For that reason alone, I'm almost willing to say that Nebuduck is making the whole thing up, as an attempt to get the mounting suspicion off of themselves. I'd like to hear if other people have gotten entire role changes as well, though. SPACKlick says that it affected their power, but the wording use doesn't imply the same momentous change that Nebu's wording did.

I did not receive a PM that had any information about the room not spinning anymore.

I hope Jar'o'Jam can post without restriction now.

Also, hello Vytron and SDK!
yeah yeah yeah

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:40 pm UTC

It
SPACKlick wrote:The Pm Did contain other information and it affected my power.

The PM also contained the flavour names of a couple of other roles but not who plays them.

The PM didn't appear to give me the power to daychat anyone I didn't before. I don't believe Nebuduck/Van PM was because of voting although it may have been some sort of redirecting effect.

If position on the list makes a difference then I would appreciate if Freezeblade would say whether or not they gained a power they didn't have before.

Apparently I missed this... I'm concerned that it affected your power. Is it a permanent change to your power, or a temporary one, can you tell from the PM? Is it a minor or major change, or a complete change? I hate the idea of ending up in a bastard game without being told, so I'm still leaning towards a roulette like ability. Maybe a roulette style role-swap?

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:44 pm UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:Apparently I missed this... I'm concerned that it affected your power. Is it a permanent change to your power, or a temporary one, can you tell from the PM? Is it a minor or major change, or a complete change? I hate the idea of ending up in a bastard game without being told, so I'm still leaning towards a roulette like ability. Maybe a roulette style role-swap?

It appears permanent but my original role appeared permanent so...
I would call it a major change but not complete.
I am leaning more and more that the level of mindfuckery in this game will border on or breach bastard levels.

I'm pretty done with Day 1.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:17 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:It appears permanent but my original role appeared permanent so...
I would call it a major change but not complete.
I am leaning more and more that the level of mindfuckery in this game will border on or breach bastard levels.

I'm pretty done with Day 1.

Just out of interest:

- Did your role's flavourname change?
- Did your win condition change?

Also, if your win condition DID change, did you receive another PM clarifying that your new win condition was your goal, not your old win condition? (I did. I didn't ask for clarification, so I'm guessing there might be someone in a similar position who did)

I'm also feeling pretty done with day 1.

Return to “Mafia”