Hangafia - Game over - Perfect Town win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Re: Hangafia - Day 1. Where are we?

Postby Sungura » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:21 pm UTC

Since apparently we are supposed to officially vote for the daychat, if frogman is willing, I will
vote: frogman

simply because of how it seemed to me people tried to get something started on them, for nothing at all, so I feel like that means frogman is okay, and frog is acting exactly the meta I'd expect from them as town

I doubt you are going to get a quorrum, people seem to be shy and slow. I would say everyone needs to vote already for who RR should chat with, and let them get on with it, before night falls.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:30 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Az's hypothesis on the playerlist being rearranged is interesting. Going to put it in the "interesting flavor" file for now. One interesting related bit in reading, ConMan called it "room rearranging". ConMan: did you call it that because it's something from the movie?

Nope, just conflating other mod comments about the room to come up with a short-hand description of what's happening.

I will reiterate my thoughts on not wanting to have a single candidate for RR's ability, and I will also express my surprise that things have swung so quickly from favouring Nebuduck to preferring SPACKlick. Given that, I will vote kalira for getting targeted to help spread out the votes a bit.

I have to admit, when I first saw the PA message referencing a "Wedding Singer" my thought was "I didn't think Adam Sandler was in this movie". But if there was actually such a role in one of the films that makes a little more sense. I definitely don't agree with Theory D (someone has an ability and they're using it for pure flavour), maybe someone is just testing their ability or maybe it's the kind of thing where they send the mod some kind of basic info they want distributed and he then modifies the message into the appropriate form.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Van

Postby Van » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:19 am UTC

Frogman: I'm okay with chatting with RR.

Nebuduck wrote:It's interesting to me that someone would use a 'PA' power in a way that appears to be flavour, and doesn't add much to the game. If I had a PA power, I'd use it to say something like 'Hi guys, I am a player with a PA power. I'm not going to tell you who I am, though. I can PA N times per day, and say XYZ in my post. Oh, and I have ABC other powers!'. I wouldn't use it for fairly content free flavour text.
Your analysis seems to be assuming the PA-player is pro town and wants to maximize benefit for the town. I've seen both town and scum with PA use it for flavor on D1. I'd guess this is probably your scenario D, although A is possible - but there doesn't seem to be much useful information there, beyond maybe a wedding singer roleclaim (as weiyaoli noted).

Nebuduck wrote:By the way, when we choose someone - RR, I think you should ignore anything they say to you. Just popped into my mind that one negative aspect of this is that it could be a way for scum to spread disinformation via RR, which while not the end of the world, could confuse things for town.
What? Really? This is needlessly pre-muddying the waters. The point of daychat is for the user to have a conversation with someone who may or may not actually share their alignment. It's implied that there is a level of risk in trusting anything they say. Saying "be careful" is pro-town, saying "entirely ignore them" is not, especially when we're voting on who RR gets to talk to.

Vote: Nebuduck
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Van

Postby Van » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:29 am UTC

EBWOP:
quintopia wrote:So if we're going to nominate volunteers, I hereby nominate the three most active posters in this thread (other than myself if I should happen to be one). If we're going to have an experiment, nominating an active player at least guarantees an answer soonest. I'm already late to work or I'd go through and figure out who I'd just nominated. Could someone do me a solid and figure that out for me pretty please?
Out of curiosity, why don't you want to talk to RR?
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:39 am UTC

Sorry, I got dragged to a screening of Rifftrax Live of Sharknado 2 for shark week, and then we watched kung fu hustle so I didn't get a chance to put together anything coherent so here is a bit of stuff off the top of my head.

RR: Claiming a power is interesting and generates discussion. I don't see anything coming from it other than discussion and that leans pretty towny. The other strong possibility is Jester, as it is a bold move he could claim the power even if he didn't have it get us to decide on someone to talk to and then not do it and they would say he is lying which would put a huge target for the lynch on him. There is a minor possibility of Scum, especially if there is one large scum team which is a distinct possibility with this many players. If that is the case then he could be setting up a line of information for the scum team at the risk of exposing himself, but the risk to reward might work out if the faction is large enough. I would expect a move like this on Day 2 though after he had a chance to talk it out in night chat, so I am still leaning town on this move.

List Shuffling: Flavor mechanic due to drugs? I'm really unsure on this. The changes seem random at first glance and I haven't gone deep into looking for patterns there. The regularity of them make me think it is mod activated rather than player. Possibly could be tied into the room spinning thing, as that could explain shifting positions. I don't see any reason to rule out positional abilities or mechanics, but I'm not sure there is much discussion to be had on the specifics as they could be anything really. Just a good idea to keep the possibility in mind as we move forward, and compare the positions with visible things that happen as the game progresses.

PA Announcement: The text seems entirely flavor based, which seems pretty useless as a global announcement power. If the PA announcement is a power then I'm leaning slightly towards the user being scum as a completely flavor based announcement could be a good cover if down the line some important discussion worthy details are slipped into them if they continue.

I'm going to try and read the thread a bit more. I've mostly just skimmed it and those are the events sticking out to me and a bit of stream of consciousness style thoughts on them.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:18 am UTC

Van wrote:EBWOP:
quintopia wrote:So if we're going to nominate volunteers, I hereby nominate the three most active posters in this thread (other than myself if I should happen to be one). If we're going to have an experiment, nominating an active player at least guarantees an answer soonest. I'm already late to work or I'd go through and figure out who I'd just nominated. Could someone do me a solid and figure that out for me pretty please?
Out of curiosity, why don't you want to talk to RR?

I'm not 100% confident it's not a jester thing, plus I can see suspicion falling on me as a result from any and all factions. I'm as eager as Nebu for more information and for more action, but stepping up to say "I volunteer and nominate myself" feels too dangerous to me at this point. I'm probably being overly risk-averse, and I would probably do it if there was overwhelming support for it, but that's just how I feel about it at the moment.

Wrt the PA announcement, I'm withholding judgment until it happens again.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:01 am UTC

With the PA announcement, this is what I figure:

Town User: No townie is going to do a PA announcement that's in pure flavour unless it either allows her to get a power use off, or it allows her to communicate something to townies (perhaps in riddle or even breadcrumb form). UNLESS she says "I have a PA power, and I am about to use it" and then it gets used - that shows trustworthyness, even if the power seems useless.

Anti-town User: Scum would be happy to see us chase our tails trying to understand the deep significance of this PA; but it's not that big a deal. Again, the scum user might use it if it's a condition of her using her power role (you know, you get a day kill on the second day if you make a PA announcement on the first day or whatever). Or scum could use it to get the trusthworthy points.

Mod User: Mod might use it to signal things - e.g. "Player A may use power X during the day when there is only one hotel employee on duty" or something; equally, it could be pure flavour.

As a result of the above, I think there's basically nothing specific about the PA that we can reasonably conclude until someone claims responsibility for it. There's too many options and really very little difference between how town and scum would use it, and given an RR-style "I can do this, let me show you" post did not happen pre-emptively, the thing that I would consider the towniest that one could do with it did not occur. (Note: that's not to say announcing and then doing the thing is townie; it's neutral to slightly townie IMO).
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

ThinkSweet

Postby ThinkSweet » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:18 am UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Ebwop, Who or what is Thinksweet and have they posted yet?

It's a life philosophy ;) and yes I'd posted before, just had a busy day yesterday.

So while RR could be some version of a non-town role, I'm happy to assume that it's most likely a town power and at the least will give us information to discuss even if it's possibly suspect. So no point going over everything people have said before on that topic, we need to get a decision on who to talk to. Given all discussion, my vote is:
Van For a few reasons:

1. Natural suspicion of volunteers (Nebuduck)
2. As other people have said, a frequent poster is a good idea.
3. Was the first person to mention the wedding singer (other than SPACKlick's copy from wikipedia), which was then mentioned in the odd flavour PA announcement. This may or may not mean anything, but I'm curious.

But saying that, if there's no consensus in the next day or so I'm also happy to vote SPACKlick just to get it going and I see no reason not to vote them either.

I'm not really sure what, if anything, the re-arranging name list means. But the PA is probably someone's power. I'm guessing the message is either rearranged by Dr Ug to fit flavour, or the owner of the power had nothing to say today other than to let us know that they could do that and aren't allowed to say things like how often they can use it, etc.
</rant>

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:44 am UTC

Van wrote:
Nebuduck wrote:By the way, when we choose someone - RR, I think you should ignore anything they say to you. Just popped into my mind that one negative aspect of this is that it could be a way for scum to spread disinformation via RR, which while not the end of the world, could confuse things for town.
What? Really? This is needlessly pre-muddying the waters. The point of daychat is for the user to have a conversation with someone who may or may not actually share their alignment. It's implied that there is a level of risk in trusting anything they say. Saying "be careful" is pro-town, saying "entirely ignore them" is not, especially when we're voting on who RR gets to talk to.

Vote: Nebuduck

It was just a risk that I hadn't considered until that point, and it concerned me. Of course, you're right - completely ignoring it isn't helpful, but I guess I was just keen that whatever happened in the discussion, it was taken with a heavy grain of salt.

Anyway, I consider the first day a failure unless I've garnered at least one vote, so cheers Van :wink:

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:46 am UTC

Madge wrote:Mod User: Mod might use it to signal things - e.g. "Player A may use power X during the day when there is only one hotel employee on duty" or something; equally, it could be pure flavour.

By the way, I really like this theory. I don't think it's necessarily any more likely than the others, but there's a certain appeal in it.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:07 am UTC

Alright, I am now fed and comfortable, and I have a whole weekend of no commitments, a six-pack in the fridge, and I am ready to play some proper Mafia. Let's do this.

So. My first thought, on reading this thread: We're so busy and hung up on talking about RoadieRich and the daychat power, that there's been little-to-no scumhunting. Which, you know, D1...I kinda wanna see a bit more of that, y'know? So, I find it interesting that RR would get in so early with such an interesting claim, and one that has very successfully gotten the town sidetracked and way off target. Not more, just interesting. As for this business with the PA, personally I don't think the PA itself is the power. The bit that stood out to me was the cleaning up their mess part - if anything, that says that maybe we have a...tracker...blocker role? Sorry, I am not good with the role names, I've only really played vanilla before. But yeah, a roleblocker specifically targeted at blocking trackers (in flavour, cleaning up the mess left behind when someone does something).

In any case, I don't think that the PA was directly triggered by a player - although it could be the case that the PA is some sort of in-flavour way for the mod to communicate that some sort of power was just used. Most likely, to my mind, is that the PA is just the in-flavour voice Dr Ug is using to narrate the game. Although, the line of thinking based on the PA being a player power does go to some interesting places when taken together with the idea that RR's claim might have been a diversion - after all, we were all talking about RR's claim, then the PA thing, so now we're trying to get back to...what was it again? right, RR's claim. Scumhunting completely forgotten, which is undoubtedly bad for town.

The list shuffling thing is also interesting, but not worth talking about until we have more evidence that it means anything. Speculating on something that nebulous seems pointless - and I'll make it explicit that I'm stating I don't have any evidence that it means anything. If it had any effect on me, I don't know about it. If it did have an effect on anyone, do speak up.

Now, to take my own advice - quint, you seem a little risk-averse there. Having been called out myself in previous games, and even lynched (falsely), for being worried about suspicion aimed at me when there was none to speak of, I may be over-sensitive to that as a tell. But it is something that I have to go on, so I'm interested in pursuing it for now. Why so twitchy?
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:48 am UTC

Votals:

michaelandjimi 1 (quintopia)
Carlington 1 (Nebuduck)
frogman 1 (Azrael001)
Nebuduck 1 (Van)

14 to lynch.

The spinning doesn't seem to have stopped yet.
Where did my old signature go? :(

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:58 am UTC

Hmmm.

Take 2 paracetamol and drink a glass of water.

Not sure if that'll do anything but worth a try.

Checking in, but no time to analyse. Sorry; this week turned out busier than anticipated.

At this point I'd be happy for RR to choose his day chat target himself, with only 1/4 players voting.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:07 am UTC

Jar'O'Jam, megatriorchis and cycoden have been modprodded.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:30 am UTC

There's been a New RoomSpin, New List shuffle.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Sign Up....   Orig.......   List 1.....   List 2.....   List 3.....   List 4.....
Azrael001..   Azrael001..   MasterOfAll   ConMan.....   e-Haze.....   Mega3......
MasterOfAll   Carlington.   ConMan.....   MaJ........   Mega3......   sungura....
Frogman....   Nebuduck...   quintopia..   moody7277..   sungura....   Aardvarki..
Van........   cycoden....   SPACKlick..   _infina_...   madge......   Van........
cycoden....   e-Haze.....   Van........   e-Haze.....   weiyaoli...   weiyaoli...
madge......   Mega3......   VectorZero.   Jar'O'Jam..   _infina_...   Jar'O'Jam..
Aardvarki..   Aardvarki..   kalira.....   Minestrone.   Nebuduck...   VectorZero.
ConMan.....   madge......   sungura....   madge......   Jar'O'Jam..   Nebuduck...
Freezeblade   Freezeblade   madge......   Frogman....   RoadieRich.   e-Haze.....
Carlington.   Minestrone.   MaJ........   sungura....   Azrael001..   MaJ........
moody7277..   ThinkSweet.   Nebuduck...   Nebuduck...   Minestrone.   quintopia..
Mega3......   VectorZero.   Minestrone.   Van........   MaJ........   MasterOfAll
_infina_...   ConMan.....   Aardvarki..   kalira.....   Freezeblade   Azrael001..
Minestrone.   kalira.....   ThinkSweet.   cycoden....   VectorZero.   moody7277..
ThinkSweet.   SPACKlick..   moody7277..   Mega3......   moody7277..   _infina_...
Jar'O'Jam..   _infina_...   Frogman....   VectorZero.   ConMan.....   Carlington.
RoadieRich.   Frogman....   Azrael001..   quintopia..   MasterOfAll   Freezeblade
e-Haze.....   quintopia..   Carlington.   MasterOfAll   quintopia..   SPACKlick..
VectorZero.   weiyaoli...   _infina_...   SPACKlick..   Aardvarki..   ThinkSweet.
weiyaoli...   sungura....   RoadieRich.   Azrael001..   cycoden....   RoadieRich.
SPACKlick..   moody7277..   Freezeblade   ThinkSweet.   Carlington.   Frogman....
kalira.....   RoadieRich.   Mega3......   RoadieRich.   ThinkSweet.   kalira.....
RESERVED...   MasterOfAll   Jar'O'Jam..   Freezeblade   kalira.....   Minestrone.
quintopia..   Jar'O'Jam..   e-Haze.....   weiyaoli...   SPACKlick..   madge......
Nebuduck...   Van........   weiyaoli...   Carlington.   Frogman....   cycoden....
RESERVED...   MaJ........   cycoden....   Aardvarki..   Van........   ConMan.....
Still random. Significantly less than 24 hours. Will just keep noting it till we get more information on it.

I agree with Carlington that scumhunting has been limited in the open. I'm starting to have some opinions. Thjere are one or two players I consider pretty strong town at this point, but my scum suspicions are all really dodgy reasoning. I think the PA system is a player, who can only use the power once per day and am leaning town on them because they didn't try to mess with us. They used it day 1 to say "Hey, I exist".

I would like to get this RR power thing sorted sooner rather than later.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:34 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:I think the PA system is a player, who can only use the power once per day and am leaning town on them because they didn't try to mess with us. They used it day 1 to say "Hey, I exist".

That's my leaning, too.

Carlington wrote:We're so busy and hung up on talking about RoadieRich and the daychat power, that there's been little-to-no scumhunting.

That's the thing: to hunt scum, town needs information - otherwise it's only slightly better than having everybody roll a die on the player list. So IGMEOY for trying to make me look scummy.

Referendum Votals (26 Players):

SPACKlick: 6 (Quintopia, Nebuduck, Minestrone, Madge, Van, Moody7277)
Kalira: 1 (weiyaoli)
Van: 2 (frogman, ThinkSweet)
Frogman: 1 (Sungura)
Total: 10 (hey, more than a third, at least)

I'm going to put a ~12 hour deadline, until midnight UTC, let's get this over with, and see what is actually going to happen.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Van

Postby Van » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm UTC

Out of curiosity, for previous shifts, did anyone receive messages from Dr Ug?

The last edit to the main post (the shift, I'm assuming) was at 2:51 am, and I received a mod PM just before that, so either the shift is doing something or I've been targeted.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:33 pm UTC

I got very confused by the time difference there Van. I have not received a PM from Dr Ug but Dr Ug has usually been online to make other posts at the same time. Can you divulge any of the contents of the PM received?

This shift; Moved van to position 4, it cannot have been caused by that as I have been position 4 and received no such PM. I would appreciate it if _Infina_ and Madge could likewise confirm

Moved Van to the position madge was in previously. Jar Of Jam, Frogman and Sungura would have received PM's if that was the cause.

Put van Beneath Aardvarki. cycoden, and thinksweet would have received PM's if that was the cause

Put van above weiyaoli (apologies for spelling) madge, Freezeblade and Electronic haze would have received PM's before if that was the cause.

On RR suggesting a deadline, I agree that a deadline is needed 12 hours is a touch swifter than I would have suggested given we have no deadline for today though. I'd appreciate other's thoughts.

Van

Postby Van » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:43 pm UTC

I'd like to hold off for a short time to allow others to comment on having received PMs following shifts or not. With such a large amount of player movement, if this is related to the shifts, someone else should be able to come forward pretty quickly.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:36 pm UTC

I also found Carlington's "this interesting discussion isn't good for us on D1" a bit strange. However, since it was accompanied by a meager attempt at scum hunting (albeit directed at me), I can't quite call it suspicious. I also think we should be hunting scum while we consider RR's claim, but I don't think there is any rush right now.

To answer your question, Carlington, all I can say is that if Rich is somehow making a play to bring someone down with him, I'd prefer not to be the one. I also don't want to be converted to scum in case Rich's ability is "convert someone to your faction during the day" (and even this doesn't exhaust the possibilities, does it?). I'm sorry I'm too fearful for your tastes, but I've just been drugged, the room is spinning, and I have no idea what we got up to last night or how this guy died, so I'm just dancing on eggshells here.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:12 pm UTC

Graah ... blurgh ... you guys and your talking and your PA system, and that darn bulldozer that is still running aren't helping my hangover.
I need a drink. Or three. I could drink a whole bathtub. *hic* *hic* *hic*
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

frogman

Postby frogman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:18 pm UTC

I can confirm that I have not received a mod PM that coincides with the room-shuffling.

Jar'O'Jam wrote:Graah ... blurgh ... you guys and your talking and your PA system, and that darn bulldozer that is still running aren't helping my hangover.
I need a drink. Or three. I could drink a whole bathtub. *hic* *hic* *hic*

Jar'O'Jam, is this a flavor-based message that confirms that you are, in fact, here and reading the thread? Or is it a claim that you've been disabled due to some ability?

Also, I really think that a 12-hour deadline is a bit quick given time zones. Could you increase it to 24 hours or more, RR?
yeah yeah yeah

ElectricHaze

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:22 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Put van above weiyaoli (apologies for spelling) madge, Freezeblade and Electronic haze would have received PM's before if that was the cause.

I did not get a PM.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:32 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Jar'O'Jam, megatriorchis and cycoden have been modprodded.

Something interesting here - maj doesn't seem to have been prodded. (Also not sure if his title "isn't even playing" is new or not). Still no posts in the thread, but could he have been carrying out day actions?

Alternatively, if his title is new, is the slot maj occupies mod controlled or something? Gonna poke it:

Vote: michaelandjimi

Meanwhile, I've been reading through the thread for reads. I don't really have that much yet - finding it difficult to read everyone since I've long forgotten people's metas and stuff, so I'll just stick at it I guess.
And you thought I was crazy...

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:57 pm UTC

frogman wrote:Could you increase it to 24 hours or more, RR?

I can't see it hurting, unless there is, in fact a real-time limited ability, but I'm of the opinion that such things are extremely unlikely.

Deadline for Daychat Referendum Votes is now Saturday at Noon UTC (2015-07-11T12:00Z), or as soon as I get online after that. I'm sorry, but I refuse to get up at 8am on a Saturday purely for a Mafia game.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:23 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:(Also not sure if his title "isn't even playing" is new or not)
MaJ has had that title forever. Not sure why Dr Ug didn't include him on modprod list.

RoadieRich wrote:
Carlington wrote:We're so busy and hung up on talking about RoadieRich and the daychat power, that there's been little-to-no scumhunting.

That's the thing: to hunt scum, town needs information - otherwise it's only slightly better than having everybody roll a die on the player list. So IGMEOY for trying to make me look scummy.
Yeah, I didn't understand Carlington's "why wasn't there more scumhunting at the start of D1" post. At the start of D1, we always get some posts talking about the setup and flavor, and then all too often the discussion dies off as there isn't anything else to talk about. So, RR's early claim was quite nice to keep a conversation going. And even though RR and his claim and his daychat target have been discussed quite a bit, it's not as if they have completely dominated the discussion. Still, I'm willing to chalk it up as Carlington's admitted lack of experience and move on.

As for RR's target, I *do* think we should follow through with picking his D1 target. I'm not in favor of Spack, though. Something about his posting style rubs me the wrong way (I'm not saying scummy, just bothersome) and thus would prefer someone else. As Van was on the list of posters I previously mentioned as those I'd vote for, I'll make it official-ish and . . .

Daychat vote: Van

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:35 pm UTC

As far as I have been able to tell, I have not had any effects from the room spinning.

I personally think everyone should have had enough time to make a choice that 12 hours could be doable for the deadline on voting for RR's target/guinea pig/whatever you want to call them.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:23 pm UTC

frogman wrote:Jar'O'Jam, is this a flavor-based message that confirms that you are, in fact, here and reading the thread? Or is it a claim that you've been disabled due to some ability?

I am, in fact, here, but I can't say the same about my sense of taste. Then again, I'd eat pretty much anything, so no big loss.
As for the room spinning - what's the big fuss? It'll die down eventually.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:06 pm UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:
frogman wrote:Jar'O'Jam, is this a flavor-based message that confirms that you are, in fact, here and reading the thread? Or is it a claim that you've been disabled due to some ability?

I am, in fact, here, but I can't say the same about my sense of taste. Then again, I'd eat pretty much anything, so no big loss.
As for the room spinning - what's the big fuss? It'll die down eventually.
I'm gonna go with yes...

weiyaoli wrote:Something interesting here - maj doesn't seem to have been prodded. (Also not sure if his title "isn't even playing" is new or not). Still no posts in the thread, but could he have been carrying out day actions?
I'm going to try the Google Cache trick, be back shortly.

Referendum Votals (26 Players):

SPACKlick: 6 (Quintopia, Nebuduck, Minestrone, Madge, Van, Moody7277)
Kalira: 1 (weiyaoli)
Van: 3 (frogman, ThinkSweet, MoA)
Frogman: 1 (Sungura)
Total: 11 (almost half?)

Deadline for Daychat Referendum Votes is Saturday at Noon UTC (2015-07-11T12:00Z).

I also have not had any mod PMs regarding the room spinning or list shuffling.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:I'm going to try the Google Cache trick, be back shortly.

maj has had that title as least as far back as March 2013, according to archive.org.

And I realised as I was looking, you need a mod to change titles.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:24 pm UTC

Carlington said something with content! So I can now:

Unvote: Carlington

Cool, now lets go and take a look at what he said.

Carlington wrote:So, I find it interesting that RR would get in so early with such an interesting claim, and one that has very successfully gotten the town sidetracked and way off target. Not more, just interesting.

I don't buy this argument. This just looks like you're trying to cast suspicion on RR - when he's already had a load of suspicion cast on him. And certainly we've considered that he might be scum. And as others have noted, any information is good information, so I don't think this is 'way off target'... Oh well, I'll let that slide.

Oh, but then...

Carlington wrote:The list shuffling thing is also interesting, but not worth talking about until we have more evidence that it means anything. Speculating on something that nebulous seems pointless - and I'll make it explicit that I'm stating I don't have any evidence that it means anything.

Wowzers, that's really explicit. He definitely doesn't have any evidence that it means anything. And he's very certain we should ignore it...

Are you sure you don't have any evidence, Carlington?

Because that quote makes me think you might have...

You know what...

Vote: Carlington

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:36 pm UTC

Posting from my phone so I'll keep it short.

Firstly daychat vote: Van

They seem like a better choice than Spack, who seems like a less than ideal choice, as they seem less town than Van.

My vote on Frogman was from his clearly terrible suggestion that a cop role could claim to the day chat as a method of confirmation later. This has two severe problems. First, if the psudo-masons have Scum in their midst, it allows said Scum to tell their buddies a good target. Two, it tells any teammates that might exist a decent false claim strategy before they would get to talk about it night one. A public claim allows for counter claiming, a private claim does not. And all of that assumes that what's his butt is town at all.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 pm UTC

ok...that is an even worse reason than what I had...

You are trying to shove words into frogman's mount that didn't come out. frogman was clearly talking in a hypothetical situation, just like Nebuduck and weiyaoli. That is incredibly vicious for a hypothetical situation that was supposed to be something like a worst case. Not quite the worst case, but getting there.

Vote Az001
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:12 pm UTC

My mistake. michaelandjimi has also been prodded

Van

Postby Van » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

Alright, thanks for the feedback revolving shifts and flavor. Looks like I'm the only one affected. So, here's everything I know:

Around apparently 2:50 am the user list shifted again.

Shortly before that, I received a mod PM saying I could PM with Nebuduck through the end of the day. Nebuduck and I have discussed this, and Nebuduck claims to have not done this. Given that Nebuduck had just posted about the risk of trusting something someone says in PMs, I really believe that it is not Nebuduck's power that caused this.

I went to bed significantly before that, but Dr Ug had been around the forums, leading me to believe that it was not a queued player power, but something related to the user shift. Given that many people have come forward to say they never got a PM from Dr Ug, I think I can rule out that assumption. If it isn't related to the shifts, it must be a player power. Some sort of ability to let people communicate for a day, possible with eavesdropping? My second thought was that it was some sort of culting ability, but there was absolutely zero flavor given in the post, and no mention of secondary effects, so that would be extremely bastardly.

At this point, I have way more questions than answers. Why would someone pick me and Nebuduck to chat, especially considering I had just voted for him? Why wait that long in the day?

I don't know if you still want to consider me for chat target, RR. I could set up an excellent 3 way discussion, where none of us can really trust the others, and you and Nebuduck can't trust that I'm relaying messages accurately. Because that's what we all need in our lives.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:04 pm UTC

I suspect that this has little to do with the user list, simply because the user list has been shifting a lot, but this is the first we've heard of something like this happening. I have no idea what did cause it, but it doesn't seem as if it's connected to the list to me.

Nebuduck

Postby Nebuduck » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:06 pm UTC

Van wrote:Shortly before that, I received a mod PM saying I could PM with Nebuduck through the end of the day. Nebuduck and I have discussed this, and Nebuduck claims to have not done this. Given that Nebuduck had just posted about the risk of trusting something someone says in PMs, I really believe that it is not Nebuduck's power that caused this.

I can confirm what Van says - completely out of the blue PM saying we could chat. If anyone has had anything similar, or in any other way could shed light on this, that'd be much appreciated. For now, Van and I are completely in the dark.

Van wrote:I don't know if you still want to consider me for chat target, RR. I could set up an excellent 3 way discussion, where none of us can really trust the others, and you and Nebuduck can't trust that I'm relaying messages accurately. Because that's what we all need in our lives.

That could be most entertaining, although possibly not useful :wink:

Anyway, I'm heading to bed now, so maybe more excitement in the morning.

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:24 pm UTC

Late at night for me now but I wanted to post to say I find the Nebuduck&Van thing suspicious. And will assume that one of them had the power to initiate their daychat. We know one person who claims to be about to prove they had that power, so why not two? Of the two I'd probably lean Nebuduck because their overfocus on Carlington is bothering me.

I would say Van and Nebuduck night chat almost certainly isn't related to the roomspinning because we've had enough people post now to rule out basically every combination of positional descriptors Van and Nebu are now in without claiming any kind of Mod PM.

MasterOfAll wrote:I'm not in favor of Spack, though. Something about his posting style rubs me the wrong way (I'm not saying scummy, just bothersome) and thus would prefer someone else.

Yeah, I get that a lot. After the game I'd be interested in if you could elaborate more on why so I can fix it. Having spent a lot of the day at the top of the list I will admit to a little disappointment to see things swinging away from me. I'd started to look forward to having an actually useful power (unconfirmed alignment mason isn't great but can be useful and would definitely be intersting for a day) but van looks like a good choice, or rather definitely doesn't look like a bad choice, so I'm not throwing my toys out of the pram.

Of note though, If van is tied to Nebuduck through a third party eavesdropping type power. Not entirely unreasonable and picking the pair just after a vote sounds like the kind of mind messing you'd expect from a scum D1. Do we have to worry about the eavesdropper hearing RR and van's conversation? Would Nebuduck, van and RR get three way chat? If either of those were the case, and I'm flying blind because I've never seen that sort of power before, I'd counsel against choosing Van as our representative.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:41 pm UTC

Votals:

michaelandjimi 2 (quintopia, weiyaoli)
Carlington 1 (Nebuduck)
frogman 1 (Azrael001)
Nebuduck 1 (Van)
Azrael001 1 (_infina_)

14 to lynch

frogman

Postby frogman » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:44 pm UTC

Just to let everyone know, I will be on a weekend-long bike ride starting this evening so I won't be able to post again until late Sunday Pacific time.
yeah yeah yeah

Return to “Mafia”