SDK Runs Dethy - GAME OVER

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: SDK Runs Dethy - D1

Postby Madge » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:40 am UTC

I'm happy for pretty much whatever as long as we're guaranteed to have a result on everyone tomorrow morning.

Mike, why are you suggesting I target vytron instead of, say, yourself? Is there a reason? You don't need to get specific if it will help scum, but I'm not sure which of those two would be better.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:52 am UTC

No particular reason. If you find me scummier than Vytron then it's probably better from your POV. (See my last sentence below)

Incidentally it's not necessarily the case that it's best to have results on everyone. Back in my original simulation the difference between up/down (which had that property) and two fixed targets (which didn't) was less than 1%.

Also the only way to guarantee results on everyone is to have me and one of Vytron/Asmo target you and you and the other target me. Otherwise one of us only has one person investigating and that person could be NKd.

But the second paragraph is really most important here. We shouldn't think of results as verdicts on our targets, but rather statements about our own roles in an open setup. With this POV spreading results isn't so necessary. However it's best (but not necessary) if the sane/insane cops target one cop and one mafia.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:56 am UTC

OK - then I guess I'm comfortable with whatever, as long as we don't repeat "everyone target one person" like we accidentally did last night.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:29 pm UTC

Madge wrote:Anyway, do you have an opinion about a targeting strategy?

Yes, everyone that hasn't done so targets me, and Asmodieus and me target you. The idea is if I'm killed people gain insights about their sanity and if I'm not killed I am cleared, and either you and me vote Asm, or Asm votes with me against you, depending on results (scum's optimal is to kill either mike or me.)

Incidentally, the first part agrees with mike-l's strategy. So, if Asm like mike's plan better they'd just target him instead of Madge.

Vote: No Lynch

I think we're getting ready for this.

OffTopic
Spoiler:
And sorry for all the times I've misspelled "Asmodieus" as Asmodeus, it's been unintentional and I'm actually a fan of him for having created the most successful forum game on the story of the forum (Count to a Million.)

SDK

Re: SDK Runs Dethy - Day 2

Postby SDK » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:16 pm UTC

mike-l wrote:I don't think this is good strategy, but
can we investigate ourselves?

No.

Votecount!

No Lynch (1): Vytron

Not voting: Asmodieus, Madge, mike-l

With 4 alive, it's 3 to No Lynch.
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:34 pm UTC

Well, I think we've discussed our options to death at this point even if there's no obvious consensus, so I'll add a vote to the pile

vote: madge

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:44 pm UTC

Why are you voting to lynch yourself? :shock:

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:16 pm UTC

Because it's first thing in the morning. Wow. That was awful!

unvote

vote: no lynch

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:30 pm UTC

Okay, I'm glad that wasn't intentional, my head was going to explode otherwise for a moment there.

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:18 pm UTC

I haven't gone through absolutely everything, but it seems like there isn't a huge difference in who we investigate, so I'm happy to hammer no lynch at this point, will do so in about 8 hours if I don't hear any objections.
addams wrote:This forum has some very well educated people typing away in loops with Sourmilk. He is a lucky Sourmilk.

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:41 pm UTC

I'm happy with a no lynch as well. I think we're all pretty set on the decision to no lynch and that me and vytron investigate mike-l and madge and so forth.

vote: no lynch

off topic
Spoiler:
asmodieus is just an alternate spelling anyway dw about it.
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

SDK

Postby SDK » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:06 pm UTC

Aaaaaand... that's a No Lynch!

Votecount!

No Lynch (3): Vytron, Madge, Asmodieus

Not voting: mike-l

It is now Night 2. Night will last 48 hours (or until I get everyone's actions in).

SDK

Re: SDK Runs Dethy - Day 3

Postby SDK » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:54 pm UTC

Gotta love a two hour Night...

Conflicting evidence from the investigations left you all with enough uncertainty that you agree to go back to do more research rather than start killing each other off. You go back to the office and hook into the network to do some searches, and find some very interesting results. It's a good thing too, because with the trial only one day away, you'll have to catch the snitch today or your dreams of conning your way into early retirement are through. Whistling as you walk, sure you're going to catch the culprit, you nearly stumble over mike-l's dead body as you reenter the warehouse. Oh dear.

mike-l has been killed. He was a Town Cop.

It is now Day 3. With 3 alive, it's 2 to lynch.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:22 pm UTC

I want to hear Madge's claim first.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:23 pm UTC

I would actually prefer Asmodieus claim first. I'm happy to claim second though, if tha'ts OK with you Vytron?

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 pm UTC

No, the only scenario that matters to me is the one where you're scum and Asmodieus votes with you to lynch me. I can know if we're on that scenario with your claim. I wouldn't know if we're on that scenario if Asmedieus claimed first.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:29 pm UTC

Fine.

I got a town result on mike-l, so I'm sane cop and Asmodieus is scum, which is why I wanted him to claim first.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:31 pm UTC

vote: asmodieus

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:48 pm UTC

Okay, I'll believe you, as I've said since the beginning of the game, we should have lynched them since D1.

I got scum result on you Madge, which means, that since you and Asm can't be both mafia, and you both can't have the same alignment, I must be useless paranoid cop :roll:

The reason I'm voting Asmodieus without waiting for his claim is, that your expected behavior as scum was what I said, just siding with him against me would make the easiest win, and no amount of claiming from me could change that.

The whole insisting on Asmodieus claiming first thing because you already concluded you must be the sane cop and wanted him to claim first just looks too legit to be false, making you deserving of the mafia win if it's all an act.

Vote: Asmodieus

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

! That was easy.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:24 am UTC

Game Over! Madge wins!

Thanks for playing everyone!

mike-l

Postby mike-l » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:52 am UTC

Wait what? Madge was Mafia? Lying in GoJoe? Confused right now. Anyway good game all

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:00 am UTC

Haha no I'm town :). Just couldn't resist making Vytron sweat a little, that's all!

(actually I was genuinely shocked Vytron believed me)

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:57 pm UTC

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 pm UTC

Great game :)

And, yeah, it didn't matter what Asmodieus would have claimed, I'd have lynched him after Madge's claim, because scum!Madge planning to kill mike and then claim to get a town result on mike confirming her sane cop after her scum result of Asm from the prior day would have been a Master plan! Like, super-preparation and I just don't think she's have done that if she was scum.

Also
Spoiler:
And here I was going to ask what was Asmodieus's cop result on the night, and then facepalmed realizing he'd have needed to make it up! :oops: :lol:

Thanks SDK for modding!

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:01 pm UTC

mike-l wrote:Wait what? Madge was Mafia? Lying in GoJoe? Confused right now. Anyway good game all

Sorry, I was posting from my phone so I had to make it short. Thought I'd troll you guys a bit. :wink:

Madge wins! And so does everybody else! Except Asmodieus, of course.

Well, it's time to get down to business. Trial's tomorrow, so it's now or never. Madge and Vytron discuss the results of their investigations before Asmodieus even returns to the warehouse. When he finally does walk in the door, Vytron clubs him over the head before he even has the chance to say anything. "Dirty" club "fuckin'" club "rat!" club club club. You search Asmodieus's pockets for the evidence you've been hoping for. He was the snitch! You got him!

Even better, with only two of the crooked cops left alive, you've got enough money stashed to just split. Vytron and Madge look at each other for a long moment before spontaneously jumping on each other for the most passionate love making of either of their lives. Murder is so exciting! A few short minutes later (sorry, Madge) and they're off, driving into the sunset for a long and happy life of extortion and bribery. How nice.

Asmodieus has been lynched! He was Mafia.

Congratulations! Town wins!

Vytron

Re: SDK Runs Dethy - GAME OVER

Postby Vytron » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:06 pm UTC

Post reading Gojoe's:

Holy Goat! Mike would have won this game as scum.

I knew mike wouldn't have said what he was saying if he was scum, and he did as well. That's why he avoided opening his role PM at the beginning of the game, which I assumed he did, and then assumed his towniness, because he'd have not said what he said after reading a his scum role PM, but he could have still been scum and not know it, which I didn't consider.

So it turns out I just lucked out! :mrgreen:

I guess it's the last time I use that reasoning because "must be town" can now be "is town or didn't read their role PM"...

Well played.

NINJA

Vytron and Madge look at each other for a long moment before spontaneously jumping on each other for the most passionate love making of either of their lives.

Oh, oh! I finally got my time alone with Madge! I just hope her boyfriend doesn't get jealous! XDD

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:08 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Oh, oh! I finally got my time alone with Madge! I just hope her boyfriend doesn't boyfriends don't get jealous! XDD

FTFY. I'm guessing they'll be okay. :lol:

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:50 pm UTC

Oh great I even have a reputation on here!!!!!

Thankyou for that surprisingly romantic ending. And thanks Vytron and SDK for conspiring together to make this game just for little ol' me!!! :)

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:36 am UTC

Well, you've talked about your boys a couple of times, and who could forget the polyamorous pigs? :lol:

Anyway, you're welcome. Was an easy and interesting game to run.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:54 am UTC

That picture of the pigs I used on dixit was adorable so I am glad you recalled it.

This subforum is a strange little place. We spend so much time interacting yet I feel like I barely know anything about anyone. (maybe if I stalked everyone's greater forum accounts I could find some juicy gossip??)

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:36 am UTC

There's nothing much to stalk about me, other than my involvement with the One True Thread culture, the only interesting things about me are I have stereo-blindness (I see the world in 2D), have ASMR (feel those tingly things on a regular basis), am an after-taste supertaster (feel higher definition flavors after swallowing food, but not before), have Synesthesia related to giving symbols like numbers and letters strong personalities, and recently had the kundalini syndrome for about a week (though I've been having some of its related symptoms for years.)

I'm also a gynephile male that likes kissing women passionately at the end of mafia games :)

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:00 am UTC

I don't know what One True Thread is - do I want to know?? (I googled - so it's....... the forum thread for the Time Comic? Or am I missing something?)

One of my partners has ASMR and is always watching those weird-to-me videos of women talking very softly, and the other has synasthesia - letter/colour as well as number/colour/personality.

Stereoblindness is a pretty "neat" quirk - is it due to only having one usable eye or is it the neurological type?

I'm mildly face-blind (I even got tested - I'm in the bottom 3%), so that's my "interesting neurological thing".

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:21 am UTC

Madge wrote:I don't know what One True Thread is - do I want to know?? (I googled - so it's....... the forum thread for the Time Comic? Or am I missing something?)

Yes. Have you read the Time Comic in its entirety? It's a very enjoyable read if you do it while also read people's reactions to it in real time.

The thing with the Time Thread is that it's... timeless (excuse the pun), so you can go right now and read some of the beginning of the thread, and post on the thread your thoughts about it, and you'll find a whole community that will care a lot and will be very interested in what you have to say.

Though, it's a great time sink, and only recommended if you have some free time already to devote to it (it turned out that I didn't, and ended up quitting, but I can say "I was there", but it's still going, so people can "be there" right now.)

Madge wrote:One of my partners has ASMR and is always watching those weird-to-me videos of women talking very softly

I've never seen videos or audio of material related to it. It turns out other people like doing things that trigger ASMRs? I have enough of them as it is.

Madge wrote:Stereoblindness is a pretty "neat" quirk - is it due to only having one usable eye or is it the neurological type?

I'm able to see actual 3D in stereographic pictures (by going "cross-eyes") and in 3D movies with 3D glasses, and those things look "deeper" than the actual world. It may be possible to get corrected with special glasses, or something. Specially, if I can see 3D in stereograms that just have pictures more separate than normal perhaps I can see the world in 3D with glasses that allow me to see stuff more separated or something (I already use glasses due to weak sight.)

Madge wrote:I'm mildly face-blind (I even got tested - I'm in the bottom 3%), so that's my "interesting neurological thing".

Oh, prosopagnosia? Sometimes I wish I had it, as I'm a highly superficial person that cares a lot for looks, and I'm highly exigent when it comes to faces. My theory is all women would look pretty to me if I saw their faces all the same.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:36 am UTC

Yeah - there's a whole sub-community on youtube of people who make videos to trigger other peoples' ASMR. I know he used to enjoy the videos from someone called heatherfeather; and he says he's quite fond of the stuff that's on the subreddit called NSFWASMR

I still see faces just the same with my level of proso and have no problems telling how attractive someone is. It's an issue with remembering faces more than with identifying them. In fact, when I look at people, I know who they are mentally but don't *recognise* them. Nothing's quite as weird as your boyfriend letting himself into your house after he's had a haircut, you heading towards the front door to meet him, and screaming when you first see him because you don't recognise him even though you know full well who he is!

My understanding of people with really severe proso is that they can't picture faces in their mind's eye at all (they imagine a sort of smudge instead - if you watch Hannibal there's a representation of a character as seen by a severely face-blind person that I hear is quite accurate).

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 pm UTC

Without exception I have never heard of any of those conditions you guys just listed. I'll have to do some research later, I guess! Maybe I'll self-diagnose myself as proso as I'm fond of doing. Just kidding - though I am completely incapable of calling up faces in my mind's eye, I'm also not that great at calling up other images either, for which I blame my serious concussion as an early teen. Self-diagnosed, of course (the effects of the concussion, not the concussion itself). I also don't really have much of a sense of smell, thanks to that concussion also.

As for me, I've got a wife and a three-year old son and work as a Welding Research Engineer. It's a good job, but gives me enough time for distractions like Mafia. We like playing outside, hiking, canoeing, biking, as well as playing board and card games. We don't have a TV, but do have a projector downstairs for watching movies, which are generally action, comedy or drama. I also like music and can play quite a few instruments at a reasonable level: piano, guitar, bass, quena (a Peruvian flute), djembe (an African drum) and a bit of accordion. As you can see, I like collecting instruments more than mastering them. I also love to sing, though I haven't been active in a choir for quite a few years.

So... there you go. That's me.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 pm UTC

Madge wrote:My understanding of people with really severe proso is that they can't picture faces in their mind's eye at all (they imagine a sort of smudge instead - if you watch Hannibal there's a representation of a character as seen by a severely face-blind person that I hear is quite accurate).

Ouch, then I take back what I said about it. I just assumed it was like the proso I have for black and asian people, that, while not as severe, I have great difficulty telling them apart.

I had some proso moment several years ago, in a movie that featured Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio, only, I didn't know. It was really confusing because I believed they were the same actor, and thus, on screen appeared 2 different characters that I thought were the same and the story seemed convoluted.

Then, at around the middle of the movie, both of them finally appeared together at a movie theater, and I was like "holy cow! They're two different dudes!" And the worst part is I still didn't know who was who, so that bit of information didn't really help much to make sense of the movie.

It's probably a genetic thing, since, for that movie a bunch of my family members gathered together to watch it, and most of us had the same shocking discovery that they were two different characters, while the rest looked at us funny.

@SDK: Thanks for sharing! In a more "this is what I do" mode than a "this is how I am" mode, I'll say that I work making audio books for schools on the area, and that it's a job that my sister helps me with by searching for clients. It's done on commission so there are some stretches of months where I don't get to sell anything, but when I do it's incredible how much money one can make by such a low investment (taking advantage of people that don't like reading and would much rather listen to things.)

I dedicate most of my time to play Correspondence chess, of the Advanced kind (i.e. with the help of computer programs), which many people don't understand and think it's pointless, while I claim it's like driving a car in a race as opposed to running (I can beat anyone that isn't using computer program assistance) requiring a very different set of skills than normal chess, but still being one ultimately who is playing, and not the computer programs (raising the level of chess considerably, and making them more meaningful because games aren't won just because one missed something obvious in analysis).

We also don't watch TV proper around here, because the amount of commercials they put on TV it's ridiculous, and actually, they make "special versions" of movies and TV programs that are chopped off so that they can fit more commercials in the schedule (for instance, when they broadcast Disney's The Sword in the Stone on TV, they just cut the whole segment with the squirrels. So I pity kids of my generation that only watch that version and have no idea about the squirrel part, but really, all the movies I've only watched on TV could have some big segment I've never watched and I have no idea was there...)

But we do watch movies downloaded and stream TV series (in our language "Español Latino" / Latin American Spanish, unless only Spain's Spanish dubs are available) by connecting the PC to the TV, which seems the right way to do it.

I can also design graphics and logos, make comics (still looking for a partner to create a Webcomic, no such luck so far), remix music, and, huh, have never had any kind of interaction with a woman yet. I guess this should about cover it.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:03 pm UTC

Making audio books sounds cool. I guess you've got one of those awesome voices then, eh?

I also just realised that I never posted this! Roles and Night Actions in the spoiler below.
Spoiler:
Player List
1. Madge – sane cop
2. wam – insane cop
3. mike-l – naïve cop
4. Vytron – paranoid cop
5. Asmodieus – mafia

Night 1
wam targets Madge (result: mafia)
Madge targets Asmodieus (result: mafia)
Vytron targets Asmodieus (result: mafia)
mike targets Asmodieus (result: town)
Asmodieus kills wam

Night2
Madge targets mike (result: town)
mike targets Madge (result: town)
Vytron targets Madge (result: mafia)
Asmodieus kills mike

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:18 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Making audio books sounds cool. I guess you've got one of those awesome voices then, eh?

Nah, it gets lame when you realize all I do is putting software to read the books and record them. At least the software is so good that people don't realize it's a machine reading (insert IVONA Voices Commercial here.)

At some point my dream was to become a voice actor for spanish dubs, and managed to make voices that were alike the ones currently on TV but "funny" (which is fine, just make me voice someone in a comedy), though I never pursued that path.

Also, I think the most interesting endgame was Asmodieus kills Vytron, then Madge doesn't know if she's insane and mike is naive.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:22 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Nah, it gets lame when you realize all I do is putting software to read the books and record them. At least the software is so good that people don't realize it's a machine reading (insert IVONA Voices Commercial here.)

Ha! Sounds like a pretty easy gig!

Vytron wrote:Also, I think the most interesting endgame was Asmodieus kills Vytron, then Madge doesn't know if she's insane and mike is naive.

I agree. I basically knew what was going to happen when I processed Night 2's actions, but I was still surprised you followed Madge quite so quickly.

Return to “Mafia”