Cobalts & Rubies [The End: Faltering trust]

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Minestrone

Re: Cobalts & Rubies [D2: The lights dim, the faces grim]

Postby Minestrone » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:09 pm UTC

What happens if the day ends and the votals are tied for a gem?

Asmodieus wrote:Is it more likely that I didn't remember a part of the rules or that I knew what the rules were and that I was just hoping everyone else forgot?

I wasn't going to bother responding to this because I had already made up mind but since I'm worried about a tie and I'm making a post anyway: I don't know which of those is the case, but with this little to go on it's enough for me to not want to give you a gem.

maident

Postby maident » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:07 pm UTC

Minestrone wrote:What happens if the day ends and the votals are tied for a gem?

If it's a gem (the cobalt, for example) that is with somebody alive, it stays with them for the night.
If it's not, it's given to one of the players randomly.

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:33 pm UTC

So the gem will be given randomly if someone doesn't break the tie. Asmodieus, you're the only one who hasn't voted on the ruby yet. What are your thoughts?

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 am UTC

Not sure if this was mentioned already but:

If mafia gets a gem, can they use its power and kill someone at the same time?

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:04 pm UTC

Vote Ruby: ajh

I don't trust your logic Minestrone. It's a kneejerk suspicion at best and sure you have little to go on, but the distrust implies that on some level you honestly think that someone playing mafia, someone who has to evaluate what they're doing, is seriously going to try to lead the town astray by giving the rules incorrectly. Literally everyone would have to forget the rules for that to even have a chance of working.

As for Lawrencelot, he seems towny enough and he already has the majority vote as it is.
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

maident

Postby maident » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:58 pm UTC

Lawrencelot wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned already but:

If mafia gets a gem, can they use its power and kill someone at the same time?

No.

Official votals
Ruby
Ajh (3): Ajh, Ahippo, Asmodieus
Minestrone (2): Lawrencelot, Minestrone

Cobalt
Lawrencelot (3): Lawrencelot, Minestrone, Ahippo
Asmodieus (1): Ajh

Deadline in 4 hours

maident

Postby maident » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:40 am UTC

Sorry, didn't realize today would be a long day.

It is now officially night.
Ajh has the ruby (cop power).
Lawrencelot has the cobalt (roleblock power).

Get in night actions ASAP.
Night scheduled to end 3PM PST on April 04th

maident

Re: Cobalts & Rubies [D3: Rocks fall]

Postby maident » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:13 pm UTC

Night is over.

The discussion this time around was rather desperate, as could be expected. The Xkcdians looked at each other, unsure who they could trust. If the gemologist was to be believed, it might not only be their last day here, but a dark tyrannical future that awaited all of Xkcdia. Eventually, the gems were passed around, and everybody got some uneasy rest.

A loud rumbling sounded from all around as rocks crushed down from all around. Muffled screams were heard, but between the dust, the darkness, and crushing rocks, you could only concentrate on your own well-being. As the dust settled, everyone looked around slowly to see what the damage was. Two corpses were found, one with a broken lantern and one with a golden nugget. It also seems that someone was injured during all the commotion, although that wasn't entirely unexpected.

Lawrencelot is dead. He was killed.
Ahippo is dead. He was shot.

The little gemologist looked around at all those that remained, holding her breath in tense anticipation. But it seemed that there was at least one more day in it for everybody still alive, as those with dark intentions did not make their final coup just yet. She could only wonder at what would happen this day, and if it would be her last.

Day 3 has begun. No deadline is currently set; it will not end until after Mod Madness.
It is the equivalent of LYLO

maident

Postby maident » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:01 pm UTC

Game is now unpaused.
Deadline is set to April 15th, 2:00PM PST

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

So presumably Ahippo was scum, or we wouldn't still be playing. We have 2 town and one scum left out of Asmodieus, ajh, and me. Ajh has a cop result, or a fake one if they're scum, which pretty much means one of me or Asmo will be confirmed. The obvious course of action is to give them both gems and hope they roleblock the last scum. At that point either we win or the other town (now confirmed by the fact that the game hasn't ended) gets the gems, roleblocks the now confirmed scum, and we win.

Ajh: what was your cop result last night?

Asmodieus: If you're town, don't say anything hinting at which one of ajh or me you think is scum until ajh posts. If they are scum then knowing who will be more likely to trust them will help them chose who to confirm.

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:33 am UTC

Okay, so the deadline is coming up soon and ajh has been dead silent.

I held off on posting to wait what ajh had to say, but so far, nothing.

I'll hold off on my opinions per your request, but how do we decide who gets the gems?
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

ajh

Postby ajh » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:33 am UTC

vote ruby: Minestrone
vote cobalt: Minestrone

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:34 pm UTC

So I assume you copped me as town. I'm happy to have the gems for myself. Once I get them though, I still need to decide which of you is scum so I know who to roleblock. Ajh could still be scum for all I know even though they confirmed me. How about this test: do either of you want to claim to having been the vig? I'm not claiming anything myself so for all you know I could be the vig myself hoping scum will falseclaim and be caught in a lie. Or I'm not in which case claiming vig will make you more believable. Asmodieus, you go first.

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:01 am UTC

I'm not the vigilante.

maident

Postby maident » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:08 pm UTC

Official Votals
Ruby
Minestrone (1): ajh

Cobalt
Minestrone (1): ajh

Not voting: Minestrone, Asmodieus

Deadline in two hours

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:19 pm UTC

I'm worried about the possibility of scum!ajh coming in and tying up the votals while Asmodieus isn't online to help get the gems to me, so I'm going to go ahead and hammer. I'm disappointed that I didn't hear from ajh and will take that into consideration when deciding who to roleblock tonight. Wish me luck.

Vote Ruby: Minestrone
Vote Cobalt: Minestrone

maident

Postby maident » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:58 am UTC

Night has begun.

Night will end once action(s) are sent in.

maident

Re: Cobalts & Rubies [D4: The Ladder]

Postby maident » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:07 am UTC

Night is over. Sorry for the delay.

The discussion was quite muted this time around, with only two voices, and not much of them either. It was the fourth consecutive night in the mines and hopes seemed at an all time low. The gems were given, for the first time, to the same person. Before night fell completely, they dug through the fallen rocks, a straight and narrow path, and waited at the last length of tunnel that would be needed to reach the surface.

Everybody winced as the sturdy ladder was unearthed. At last! The surface, almost within reach. But they knew their mission was not yet complete. The future of Xkcd remained undetermined. No more corpses, and no more games. It was now or never. The gemologist shambled into the light, her expression grave. If the gems weren't given to the chosen one this time around, it'd be the end for not only them, but all of Xkcdia. The surface awaited like a silent promise - the promise of freedom, but also a threat of complete anarchy. Just where it would go from here, she hadn't the faintest clue.

It is now Day Four. The Day end April 24th, 1:00PM PST
It is LYLO

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:34 pm UTC

I blocked ajh last night and there was no kill, so there's only one thing left to do:

Vote Ruby: Asmodieus
Vote Cobalt: Asmodieus

maident

Postby maident » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:33 pm UTC

Day 4 is over.

It seemed that the three of them were done being down in the tunnels and with worrying about the gems. The gemologist could only look on helplessly as the day went on with barely a sound of conversation.

Night is not necessary

Unfortunately, the choice made was exactly what Asmodieus had been hoping for. Holding the gems he laughed maniacally, finally free to enact the tyranny that all of Xkcdia deserved at his feet. Combining the gems together, he jailed Minestrone and Ajh together and then as he left for the surface, shattered the gemologist's trolley so that the wheels were useless.

Mafia wins.

Roles:
Ajh was the chosen one, a vigilantte, and Town.
Asmodieus was a rockfaller, and Mafia.
Ahippo was a sabotuer, and Mafia.
Lawrencelot was a profiteer, and Town.
Everybody else was vanilla Town.

I'm sorry that the game died out at the end. I hope that it was at least interesting ^^;
Last edited by maident on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:20 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Minestrone

Re: Cobalts & Rubies [The End: Faltering trust]

Postby Minestrone » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Huh. We might as well have just lost last night then. If ajh had showed up a bit more the day before maybe things would have been different. Oh well. This game was pretty confusing but kinda fun too.

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:26 am UTC

Woo! Nice job Asmodieus! I was nearly certain we were going to lose after I got killed. One thing I'm not sure anyone said yet is that we didn't know who our scumbuddy was until N2. It made playing those first two days particularly difficult, trying to suss out who my partner was.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:43 am UTC

Hah, interesting game. For most of the game I thought it would be impossible for town to win, but near the end I saw how it was not as impossible as I thought. Good game, scum

ajh

Postby ajh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:27 am UTC

Very clever of Asmodieus to hold off on a nightkill. maident didn't allow me to speak after N2...

Return to “Mafia”