Sherlock Mafia - Game over - someone wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Djehutynakht

Re: Sherlock Mafia - D3 Death is coming

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 am UTC

[quote="dimochka"] I knew that Stubbs is VT town, like myself.quote]

You've been extremely focused on emphasizing that in your past posts. Too focused. Scummy-focused. FoS.

And I argue that being a revealed Coroner pretty much makes me the top target for death anyways (psst... if I were you I'd subtly nudge me to investigate the kill that wasn't yours)

By the way, anyone have a Coroner investigation request?

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:13 am UTC

I'm VT, there is no kill of mine you can possibly investigate, so I'm not exactly worried.

And based on exactly what you just said - if you think you're the most likely night-kill target tonight, why would we want to give you the box? All I'm saying is reallocate the powers between people rather than giving an extra power to a power-role. I'm not even advocating giving the box to me. So unless you think Stubbs and I are a scum team, I'm not what you're trying to prove. Look back at my D1. I was pretty obviously trying to stop people from killing Stubbs, though tried to avoid claiming while doing that.

For tonight, pick whichever one of the people killed last night. I'm equally worried about SK and mafia right now. SK is weaker at this point (I still don't understand whether someone can get recruited during the day or not) but is unlikely to be weaker come night. If we have a roleblocker (who seems to be scum too, as given MYLO, I'm pretty sure we have most of the claims down), it's a scum roleblocker. And if it's not a roleblocker then it's a ninja. So it probably doesn't make sense to investigate USN because you run a risk of getting "no result again". So i'd say investigate Xeno and that may help us flush out the SK. Though that might result in a "USN" result (due to town vig power) which would be useless. Up to you.

EBWOP: Realistically the box only has two useful items left - the pistol and the watcher power. We could technically pick a target for the person getting box, but as there is no viable way to prove whether they used it as intended, it's probably not a good idea.
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Suzaku

Re: Sherlock Mafia - D1 The dingy warehouse

Postby Suzaku » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:52 am UTC

Current Votals:

Angua - 3 (Djehutynakht, Thirdkoopa, lynx)
Thirdkoopa - 2 (dimochka, Angua)

Not Voting: Madge, StubbsKVM

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Deadline in about 19 hours.

Current Box Votals:

dimochka - 2 (Angua, dimochka)
Djehutynakht - 2 (lynx, Djehutynakht)

Not Voting: Thirdkoopa, Madge, StubbsKVM
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

dimochka

Postby dimochka » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:15 pm UTC

I will not be able to be on today in two hours or so. I'm removing my vote from the box because at least one of us should have it. But I would feel more comfortable with Stubbs getting the box tonight. Not because I think DJ is scum, but because I'd rather spread out the powers and not allow the anti-town factions to kill two powers with one stone. If no one else bothers voting for the box and DJ gets it, that's fine.

Box unvote
Box vote StubbsKVM

lynx

Postby lynx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:19 pm UTC

Madge wrote:I read your post Lynx and I think it makes sense - especially if you can find the quote you referred to here:
She also refused to be recruited when Snark asked (will find quote later).

It's in the next post, I think. But not claiming would make sense as a PR as well--I didn't know what she would false-claim at that point.

If Angua has already recruited, I reckon they will either go back to their previous wincon or be removed from the game with her death. At that point, we need to start thinking about the mafia.

DJ and Stubbs are probably town. TK and either dimochka or bouer/Madge are the mafia. TK has disappeared after being asked to claim his role, so he's my first choice for tomorrow. Hopefully we'll learn something more over the next couple of nights to find the second scummer.

DJ - target USN, please. I don't know what happened with just_me but the other two were killed by USN, according to flavour.

Unboxvote
Boxvote: StubbsKVM

Stubbs, please use the watcher power on DJ to discourage mafia. The gun has too much chance of killing a townie to risk tonight while we still have another option.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm UTC

box vote: stubbs

Good luck to town. Once again, I am sorry about being so wrong about snark, but I think I would act the same in similar circumstances in the future.

My advice for tomorrow as no one is going to listen to me today:
Spoiler:
Trust no-one tomorrow as the sk lord will be out a recruiting tonight if they can't do it during the day. I really don't trust lynx (though this could be OMGUS, and maybe I'm not a naive cop and lynx is actually town (though the real sk lord would have probably worked this out and might recruit them tonight, or they'll double bluff us and not recruit them so it's not really that useful given the fact that there's a recruiting role about), and not sure on dj (given we have dr watson's blog as a character, and 2 lestrades, I'm not sure whether or not there is a Watson and so could be a reasonable falseclaim).

I commend my soul to any God that can find it.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Thirdkoopa

Postby Thirdkoopa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 pm UTC

Look, stubbs is scummy, but why are we moving the lynch to him again?...

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 pm UTC

Thats N3

Angua is lynched

Stubbs gets the box,

Sorry nothing more at this time Iv come down with something and my brain isn't working.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Thirdkoopa

Postby Thirdkoopa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:37 pm UTC

Got my read up.

Box Vote: Stubbs

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

It's night, TK. Please pay attention.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:55 pm UTC

When does D4 start?

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:00 am UTC

D4 Starts at 07:00 JST 2013/9/16 - 22:00 UTC 2013/9/15 unless overruled by wam.

Timer

wam

Postby wam » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

Right first off sorry for the delay with this

Your all sitting there waiting for the next cycle to start when the lights come up and the door opens. Then a recorded message flashes up on the screen and starts speaking.

"Hi to all those who don't know me I am Mycroft holmes, the brother of sherlock. I had something that I can't speak about to take care of so I invented this situation to distract all the people who would get in my way. I hope none of you take offense but don't worry you will all be properly compensated. You may now all leave just if you mention this again you will all be shot!" With that done the message dissapears.

You all collect your belongings and start to head off. Then someone says well who did we lynch at least, looking at the corpse you realise that you lynched lestrade, which doesn't make sense. Until you realsie that this one is clearly from the present wheras the previous one has a whiff of the 1800's about him. He also has a set of detailed logical notes about all the players in his pockets.

Also as you are leaving you notice one body in the corner not moving, this is clearly the arch master criminal moriaty who has an obvious and clumsy knife wound to his throat.

Looking at each other confused you leave, meanwhile a cloaked figure in a hat watches you all leaves before picking up his phone and texting
"You may have fooled them all mycroft but I knew better than to get involved in your plots.
S "

Angua was lynched she was lestrade Sane Town cop

Madge is dead she was moriaty lord SK.

It is now Game over mafia win.*

So congratualtions to Lynx, Thirdkoopa and moody.

*Lynx had a 1 shot all kill immunity that makes it impossible for town to win as town would have to lynch him twice.

I would like to apologise that I mucked up the balance a bit and made it far too scum sided when I added the 13th player.

ALso I would like to thank the real winner which is suzaku for being an awesome Co-mod and coping well with my hit and miss attention!

I hope you all had fun!

dimochka

Re: Sherlock Mafia - Game over - someone wins!

Postby dimochka » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

Ha well at least it was fun. Can you confirm everyone's roles? I'm curious how correct I was.

And I just got recruited too... I was totally planning to win this :(

lynx

Postby lynx » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

Fun game! I really did think Angua was SK though.

It would've been a very different game had TK not been a ninja.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:25 pm UTC

Snark can now eat his hat :D

If I was sane, why did Lynx come up town?
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

wam

Postby wam » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

Godfather.

When I originally wrote the game, I had a 2 man scum team which I thought was a bit townsided so I gave them a ninja and a 1 shot kill surviving godfather, whihc I should have changed when I added a goon.

Also just for reference dimochka became town again when madge died.

Also what really doomed town was USN (Town vig) recruitment D1. Although with the way it worked out the SK never killed.

lynx

Postby lynx » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 pm UTC

Yeah, when I saw my role I assumed town must have some fucking awesome powers. But with a bunch of dodgy cops and a mafia ninja, even the box wasn't that useful.

serrapaladin

Postby serrapaladin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 am UTC

Gg all. Between 3 cop sanities and a godfather, the only useful PR was Snark's :/

Also, an SK lord that can re-recruit is pretty powerful. I still don't like the idea of so many antitown kills, though.

Nice reads, dim! That could have taken a different turn if someone had switched to koopa.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:39 am UTC

I'm glad I could play and allow things to continue as they were originally intended. I think if I'd recruited a mafioso things might have been different from a balance point of view; Town may have even won.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:51 am UTC

Gah. That was an absolute mess of a game.

I mean, props to Wam and Suzaku (except for scumsidedness he mentioned) but this game was just crazy.

Apologies to Angua. I'd owe you something but you're dead.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Honestly, when lynx killed Madge I really wished that the minion role had also included a compulsive bodyguard action (a la Adam H's GoT) so that Madge would have lived and the game could have gone on.
It wouldn't have made it any easier for town, but a final showdown between Moriarty and the unnamed Mafia boss would have been pretty awesome, I think.

Also, I'm fairly astounded (and extremely happy) that we didn't have modkill anyone. At one point it looked like 2 or 3 scum would be, pretty much giving town the game by default. Particular thanks to Madge for stepping in so late in the game.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:14 am UTC

It was really no problem, it was great of you to chuck me a bunch of day start/end posts so I could follow what happened more or less. Plus being scum made it super easy, no pressure to not screw it up for town. Add a minion and a nightchat and things were great, Dimochka basically was someone I was guaranteed to be able to trust and gave me some great information.

That said I appreciate mafia killing me because if I was town I'd be wiping the sweat off my brow in relief at no longer being required to know what's going on.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

lynx

Postby lynx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:47 am UTC

Well as scum my worst fear is a replacement coming into the game and seeing through the elaborate web of lies I've created with their damn outside perspectives. And plus, you were the only person other than TK and I who hadn't claimed. Why do townies love claiming so much? Madge was the only one giving me a headache on the last night.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:01 am UTC

Dammit Madge! Why'd I encourage you to join.

Well, ok, not really you. You played well.

Damn Bouer. Damn him.

I mean, it's entirely possible given his absence that he's dead, but still..

Return to “Mafia”