Multiverse Mafia Return to Reality! Town and Survivor Wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

cjquines

Re: Multiverse Mafia Day Four: Pacifists

Postby cjquines » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:38 am UTC

Yes guys, I really am a part of the Evil Wizardry. But I'm the only surviving member left, so that means there is another faction. I suspect one to three remaining members of the secret mafia, or possibly an indie.

Do the good wizards win with the town?

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:35 pm UTC

I hate days that start before I wake up on a Saturday.

I may have time for a proper post tomorrow, but no promises. Certainly on Monday.

just_me wrote:I still would like suzaku to react to this, although the day ended somewhat surprisingly abrupt.
http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 0#p3427348
I will respond, but see above.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:19 am UTC

Someone has cast Spectral Horror!

So, you guys know it's day, right?
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:12 pm UTC

It's day 4 and there are still 12 people alive. And no cult dead. At this point, if there's a cult, and it's looking like you're going to get the majority of players soon, I'd really appreciate it if you'd cult me. Thanks. :)

I have nothing to report, other than that I wish dimochka hadn't been lynched so early.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

just_me

Postby just_me » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

shouldn't we lynch cj?

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

Probably. Unless we hear about something better from any night actions.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

wam

Postby wam » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

CJ seems toe obvious choice, almost too obvious??
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

wam wrote:CJ seems toe obvious choice, almost too obvious??
You're in the same boat as cj except for that missile on your tail. If you make it to tomorrow, expect to be lynched then.

wam

Postby wam » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 pm UTC

What for being a desperate survivor?

Valius II
Location: You know, that place near the thing to the left of the whatsit.

Postby Valius II » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:51 am UTC

Until/unless a shield is cast, I'm assuming wam is dead. Therefore, I'm gonna start the ball rolling by
[b] Vote: cjquines [/]

I'm not confident that he isn't a jester but I don't know what else to do.

On my phone therefore not quoting but I would like to know wtf Snark's last post was.
@Snark: am I missing some sort of inside joke or are you saying you want to join an anti-town faction.
FoS: Snark.

Lastly, I've been called out of the country quite suddenly so I may not be able to post for the next 4-5 days. Ill try my best to get on but if I can't and it gets too annoying, feel free to request replacement etc.
Sorry about that.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:21 am UTC

No inside joke. That's straight talk.

Suzaku

Re: Multiverse Mafia Day Three: Lataro Sucks At Dates

Postby Suzaku » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:08 am UTC

OK, as promised, here is a response to just_me:
just_me wrote:@suzaku
sketch of suzakus actions:

- criticising timms flavor.
- then decides timm is rather towny.
I got sucked in by his falseclaim, I admit. Just for the record, though, I only said I was less sure of his non-towniness, not that I thought he was particularly towny.

Five for one is pretty good I reckon.

hedging with "I reckon". its obviously good IF you are town.
This is just me being Ocker.

-joins attack on stubbs
I did think that I'd more started the attack, rather than joined it. Going back to check it seems that Xeno did get one post in first, though. That said, I think that Xeno was saying that the disjoint claim was scummy, whereas for me it was the reaction that I found off.

So he's voting wam because wam has a range of different actions available to him, while he, Stubbs, also has a range of actions available? That doesn't look too good.

This doesn't make any sense. At that point wam is confirmed non-town already. Him having powers is something else than stubbs having powers.
Not so different, I think. wam was confirmed non-town (claimed survivor), yes, but Stubbs was also appearing to be non-town to me. So a suspected non-town saying "Lynch the survivor because he has multiple powers. I also have multiple powers," doesn't make sense as a reason to attack wam. It strikes me as going for an easy lynch on a weak premiss.

- joins attack on BN.

The issue I mainly have is that you only join in with other peoples suspicion. I didn't find instances of you actually finding meaningful scumtells which weren't pointed out already.

That's actually pretty normal for me. Partly it's to do with timezones and activity levels, and partly it's just how I am.

That's all I've got right now. I'll be back with a look at events so far today a bit later this afternoon.
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:49 am UTC

Suzaku, the difference is that wam was copped not-town, I was not.
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:40 am UTC

If we have a cult, and believe that cj is an evil wizard, then lynching them is a bad idea. Reason being, we should have 4 cult members, and there are 12 of us. If we don't lynch cult, and cult doesn't get hit in the night, then they have majority (though we might be lucky with double/hidden votes that means it's not an immediate loss for town).

If we are less worried about a cult, or think there's a good chance that cj is cult then we should lynch them.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:36 am UTC

Cj has claimed scum. There's no reason to believe they're telling the truth about the flavor of scum they are.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

So you think cj is doing an elaborate double bluff as cult, or the member of a larger scum group?

I'm willing to vote cj if that's all we have, but we need to make sure we don't end up in the same situation as d2 when the Adam lynch was decided pretty early and we ended up not discussing much for the rest of the day.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

I don't think there's anything elaborate about what cj is doing. He is scum-needs-to-be-lynched (be it cult or mafia or what have you) or scum-doesn't-need-to-be-lynched-aka-jester. And it's not easy to tell the two apart, but it's not a big risk to take.

Vote: cjquines

Given no other useful info has come forward.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:32 pm UTC

Can't post now. Will post later.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

Someone has cast Bolster!

Votals

cjquines - 1 - (Snark)

Deadline is about 9 PM UTC - 9 Daylight Savings Time, Wednesday August 7th. (So, like, two and a half days, are the deadlines still too long? You guys are really dragging here.)

Alright, here's the deal. Anyone I don't have a post from, who hasn't contacted me in advance with a reason for why there isn't, will be modkilled with no regard for balance at the end of the day. I'm done with prods and warnings and stuff, all the inactivity is a cancer to this game.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

wam

Postby wam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:28 pm UTC

Vote Cjquines

As nothing better has come up.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

@Valius - you had a formatting error with your vote, which is why I'm assuming that it hasn't gone through. You'll need to recast your vote, I imagine.

I guess we should just got for cj then, but I'd rather hold off until nearer the end of the day. It would also be nice to have a post from them explaining their tactics (if not today, then at the end of the game), because at the moment it seems somewhat disappointing.

Is anyone else going to talk about the fact that dimochka got hammered before the official votals hit the right number? At the very least, we need to make sure that we don't accidentally hammer cj too early.
GNU Terry Pratchett

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

I'm going to throw a little snowball off the hill and see how it develops.

Can anyone see the possibility of Angua being cult recruiter, and BigNose being culted?

I have blocked Angua's actions on night 2. This could be an explanation for BigNoses slip.

Going back, Angua makes multiple mentions of the cult. I have no meta on her, so I would like to hear your thoughts.

I'm not convinced outing this is a good idea, but it's worth a shot, considering nobody seems to have any input.
Stubbs - next time I'm scum I think I'll just policy NK you at the first possible opportunity.(Suzaku)

wam

Postby wam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

Interesting theory, I would have to do a complete re-read before I could provide an opinion and I'm far too tired for that now. Will have a look tomorrow.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 am UTC

At the moment, I'm mainly mentioning cult because they are our greatest threat (if they exist). And the fact that they haven't turned up yet means that I don't think we've been taking cult-hunting very seriously (as in, we don't really have a real sense of the threat, so are now not working as hard against as we could do - not that the reason we haven't hit cult is because we're not trying hard enough). I'm also trying to make sure that we have some discussion, as everyone voting cj right out of the gate isn't that great for us.

In the previous games with cults (in my experience), they tend to overwhelm pretty quickly if you don't get on top of them from the outset (or if you have Amy, who is a cult finding machine). I'm extremely wary of them. Snark pointing out how much of a threat they could be if we don't find cult, and then going along with a cj vote for grounds other than there's a high chance that they are cult set off alarm bells.

It's early in the morning, so sorry about the first paragraph which is badly worded. I hope it makes sense though.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:13 am UTC

I confess to being disappointed with last night's results - we had one flip and it was town.

If we really want to find cult, our best is probably to go crazy with kills. Such a plan on D4 is risky though.
We have no information with regards to a cult; we're not certain that one exists.
Adam played off a fear of a cult as part of a false claim, and one way or another, wam has been lying.

But I understand the fear, a cult could potentially win by tomorrow and, unless we have really good lead on the recruiter, the lynch probably won't stop it.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:01 pm UTC

Limited text.
One other death but revived
Day kill and night kill still around
CJ isn't cult because until cult is confirmed, we are guessing.
Hence CJ does not want to put head above parapet for no reason.
Was there something about skill available on D3 which CJ may have for D4, or as part of their win condition.
Five voters but still a lynch, but was it a lynch or a day kill disguised.
If we have a cult, we are effectively at LYLO, we are at MYLO.
No cult means CJ, Wam and Angua should be a result.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

Some thoughts about the day so far:

Regarding dim's death, I also expected to see a 'vote vulnerability' in his role description, similar to Madge's 'vote armour'. That it wasn't there means either a) we have at least two double voters or at least one triple voter, b) it was a temporary effect applied by some external power, c) it was a hidden penalty and also not revealed on death, or d) Lataro screwed up. I think a) is unlikely, b) is possible but less likely than c), and d) is also a possibility. It only really matters if it was a) or b) and the power is reusable, so I don't think there's too much reason to be concerned.

Snark wrote:It's day 4 and there are still 12 people alive. And no cult dead. At this point, if there's a cult, and it's looking like you're going to get the majority of players soon, I'd really appreciate it if you'd cult me. Thanks. :)
My first thought on reading this: Is that something a frustrated town Snark would say in this situation, or is that something a culted Snark would say as a smokescreen? There's so much wine in that that it really doesn't make sense to pursue it further.

wam has a missile chasing him; I wonder if this one's real. I'd guess it is, because it's not likely that anyone will shield him after yesterday, but it could be illusory cast by himself or a scummate, trying to win him an extra day's life. Pretty winey here also, but I think the best course is to ignore him and see what happens.

cj has claimed scum twice now, and also that he's the only evil wizard left alive. Since we've only killed one evil wizard (Adam) so far, that would mean they started as a faction of two. I find that very hard to believe, so there's one part of cj's claim that I think is false. Not sure about the rest, but I agree that he needs to die. I think he might also be a potential modkill, though, so I'm a bit leery of using up a lynch on him.

On that note:
Would you be willing to publish (perhaps in the OP) a lurker list, of people who will be modkilled at nightfall if they don't post content first?

I think this was done in Wizardry 2.5, although I don't know if it was effective.

Stubbs is now claiming a roleblock on Angua N2. That's the same night that he claimed a cop result on wam. Hmm.
Standard questions:
@Stubbs: Why did you choose Angua to RB?
@Angua: Do you have any evidence that you were or were not RBed on N2? 'No Comment' is a perfectly acceptable answer.

BigNose wrote:CJ isn't cult because until cult is confirmed, we are guessing.
This doesn't make sense. Yes, we're only assuming (guessing) that there's a cult, although the flavour and previous mod comments strongly suggest it, but that in no way exonerates cj from being cult. I think this is just a case of poor phrasing on BN's part or poor reading on mine, but it still bothers me a little.

Right, it's just gone midnight here and I need some sleep. More tomorrow.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

I don't have any evidence either way.

Good catch on the cj claiming that he's the only one left and that we've only had Adam so far. I'm really confused by their behaviour, to be perfectly honest.

Also, Bignose - was that limited text due to irl constraints or a random post limitation?

Either way, to clarify, does this
mean you think that cj, wam and I are a team if there is not a cult?
GNU Terry Pratchett

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

ebwop- posted instead of quoted - been very tired today :P

I don't have any evidence either way.

Good catch on the cj claiming that he's the only one left and that we've only had Adam so far. I'm really confused by their behaviour, to be perfectly honest.

Also, Bignose - was that limited text due to irl constraints or a random post limitation?

Either way, to clarify, does this
BigNose wrote:No cult means CJ, Wam and Angua should be a result.

mean you think that cj, wam and I are a team if there is not a cult?
GNU Terry Pratchett

Xenomortis
Not actually a special flower.

Postby Xenomortis » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

Eugh, we're getting close to the deadline.
I think that, one way or another, he has to die.
But if there is a cult, we need to hit them with NKs or we'll surely lose.

Oh, and there was another Spectral Horror without a death. Not sure what to make of that.

lynx

Postby lynx » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:26 am UTC

Sorry, I got caught up in something. Normal activity should resume now.

Have read through briefly and think cjquines needs to be killed, although I have no idea what he might be playing at here.

As deadline is rapidly approaching,

And I'll catch up during the night.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:31 am UTC

Sorry, I seem to be losing the mafia bug.

Vote: Stubbs

A cop and an RB in one night seems way overpowered, and I think it makes more sense that you are forgetting what lies you've told. This is mostly symbolic however, as it seems obvious cj will die. I don't have very strong feelings about that. He's most likely a jester, and lynching a jester doesn't bother me too too much, but we certainly could do better, being as we have no confirmation that we have eliminated any anti-town faction completely.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:29 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Sorry, I seem to be losing the mafia bug.

Vote: Stubbs

A cop and an RB in one night seems way overpowered, and I think it makes more sense that you are forgetting what lies you've told. This is mostly symbolic however, as it seems obvious cj will die. I don't have very strong feelings about that. He's most likely a jester, and lynching a jester doesn't bother me too too much, but we certainly could do better, being as we have no confirmation that we have eliminated any anti-town faction completely.

I would agree in any other game but this one.

Suzaku

Postby Suzaku » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:15 am UTC

Unofficial Votals

cjquines - 4 - (Snark, wam, Xenomortis, lynx)
StubbsKVM - 1 - (UniqueScreenname)

Not voting - Suzaku, BigNose, Valius II, StubbsKVM, cjquines, Angua, just_me

12 alive, 7 to lynch

Just under 21 hours to deadline

I've no idea what cj is playing at, unless he's either a jester or lynch immune. And even lynch immunity doesn't really explain it. It looks like he's going to die, I need to think about how much I agree with that course of action.

I'm off to the gym; more after I get home.

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:41 am UTC

Haven't been doing much content these past few days, life's busy.
More later.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:21 am UTC

Yeah we are meandering here and tbh givne im going to die at the end of the day my motivation to post isnt really there.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

Ok then, as still going with snark

vote: cjquines
GNU Terry Pratchett

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

Unvote,

this is a ridiculous bandwaggon with no real talk about it.

Iv been thinking about it and I bet hes going to come up jester, why else would he have claimed mafia. He could so of hidden in plain sight all day.

Vote Stubs

As that whole RB and Cop thing seems like a scum forgetting what he'd claimed.

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

wam wrote:why else would he have claimed mafia.
Mafia pretending to be a jester...

Also, if you're a survivor, why do you care about bandwagons or who gets lynched as long as it isn't yourself?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:21 pm UTC

Dangerous play and he wasn't under that much threat.

I don't care, but I enjoy playing. Also theres no way given the current situation I would be Nkd, so I need to try and improve my standing with town. Maybe that way someone will save me (folorn hope I know)

Return to “Mafia”