Applications 2009

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Master Gunner

Applications 2009

Postby Master Gunner » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:12 pm UTC

Well I'm sure I'm not the only one that's going to be moving on to university after this year is over. So here's the place to complain, ask for help, or whatever about your applications to university, college, or scholarships that will take up a lot of your time over the next few months.

Personally, I've already started tracking down and applying for scholarships, since a distinct lack of a job...ever...has left me with a severe deficit of funds to pay for university.
I've also started looking at applications for universities themselves. Currently I'm looking at Mount Allison University (In New Brunswick, Canada, about half an hour from where I live), University of Waterloo, and the Royal Military College. Still no idea which one to choose though if I get accepted into more than one of them. I'm also looking into going for St. Andrews University in Scotland, if I can get the right scholarship for it.

So what about the rest of you?

Resilient

Re: Applications 2009

Postby Resilient » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:30 pm UTC

I am going back to school for a 2nd bachelors (this one in EE, my first was in communication) on the way to getting a PhD (hopefully) and I am wading through the mess of scholarships.

My big problem is trying to figure out what ones I am even eligible to apply for. Eligibility for most of them seems to expire if you already have a degree, but I really want some research experience. So I am in a bit of a bind.

Also, my situation is so unusual that a lot of times the people offering the scholarships don't know if I am eligible when I ask them. I graduated from college, but I am not going to graduate school... I am going to another undergrad program for the next 3 years.

Hell, I don't even know if I am a freshman or senior!

setris

Postby setris » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:55 pm UTC

I've already started getting mine out. I'm just looking at rounding off some of my essays at this point. The counselors at my school have been talking to us about college for the past year (all part of the school's 100% rate of students going to college), and I've already got my list of six schools that I'm applying to:

Princeton University (first choice)
Caltech
Johns Hopkins (number two)
University of Pennsylvania
Villanova University
Loyola College (the one in Maryland)

Four (the first four) of them are regular application schools, meaning I may get in, I may not. Two (the last two) are "safe schools," meaning I'm looking at almost guaranteed acceptance and scholarships. I kinda got lucky, since my two safe schools turn out to be respectable schools either way. I'll be so happy if I can make Princeton though, except I'm SOL with my school's track record with them (not a single admittance in five or six years). I'm going early action at Caltech, Villanova, and Loyola, and regular decision everywhere else. Then it's all waiting.
IN SANE WE TRUST

I'm not a democrat or a republican,
I'm just right no matter what.

Fendttron

Postby Fendttron » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

I'm starting the graduate school process. I feel like there is not as much information about how to apply to grad school as there is for college. Also, all of the school websites are a little overwhelming- they show TOO much information. Right now, I am applying for a Ph.D at:
University of Maryland (top choice)
University of Delaware
University of Virginia
Carnegie Mellon

Any other grad applicants here?

IronyandParadox

Postby IronyandParadox » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:21 am UTC

Ugh. I'm writing this as I take a quick break from freaking out over some of my college essays. *sigh* My parents have basically decided that the only thing that could possibly beat in state schools (I don't particularly want to go in state for various reasons) are ivies, so my list of colleges is...pretentious, to say the least. Here it is:
Yale (Early action. Ugh. At least I'll get the rejection over with... and I so desperately want to go there! *begins drooling over cathedral-shaped library*)
Dartmouth
Brown
Princeton
Duke (not really a fan of going farther south than Virginia, but hey, what the hell.)
Swarthmore (They're not big on taking applicants from my high school, but it's okay since I'm applying there mostly on a whim)
UVA (My parents have a total of 5 degrees from UVA, so they're kinda pulling for that one, but I don't want to go to a college were at least 70 people from my graduating class will go. Isn't half the point of college to find new people/wind up in a new environment?)
William&Mary (Same deal as UVA except without the parental pressure)
James Madison University (...I swear to god that if that's the only place I get accepted, I'm taking a gap year. With all due respect to anyone who might actually go to JMU. My mother: "I&P, you're too stupid to get into UVA. Apply to JMU, where they have NONE of the five+ majors you might potentially be interested in!" Me: "...Thanks for the moral support. I have a low opinion of myself, but it's not *that* low.")

So...5 reaches (i.e. 5 places I surely won't get into), 2 fits, and 2 safeties. How...wonderfully balanced. Also, holy shit application fees.

Good luck to everyone else applying to college! =)

*returns to freaking out over essays*
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.

pkuky

Postby pkuky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:16 am UTC

I'm finishing a degree in math here next year, and was thinking of going on to do a second degree in north America. somewhere with snow. what good places are there in Canada or northern us? and what's the difference between uni here and college or whatever over there?
It rains on the enemy too!

Durin

Postby Durin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:24 am UTC

I really want to go to school up north/out of state. I'm still a Junior in High School though.

My list

MIT (First choice)
CalTech
Texas A&M(First choice for in state)
Rice (I live in the Houston area...)

My dad proposed Yale and Princeton as well. I may apply to them.

ST47

Postby ST47 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:42 am UTC

OHGODDONTREMINDMEPLEASENONONO

Yeah, it's that time again. Only this time, I actually have to do the applications rather than just chuckle privately at everyone who has to do this.

Looking into Chemical Engineering, but we'll see about that. I'm in central jersey, I'm looking for a college with a strong engineering program in general, not strictly chemical, in case I choose to change majors. I'm looking at Rensselaer Polytech in Troy, Lehigh, Villanova, Stevens, and TCNJ.

All I have to say is thank god for the commonapp.

Instead of having to do 5 different apps, I have to do the commonapp, a special Rensselaer app, a Villanova preliminary app, a Stevens music scholarship app, and a Lehigh music scholarship app. This includes an essay, a preliminary villanova essay, a personal statement, a "what did you do last summer", and two different demo CDs.

ARGH.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:48 am UTC

I am currently a grad student; although I am not applying this year, I considered it for a brief period of time, and in either case I am in between two application years as a 2-year masters' program student.
Also in music (composition) - I nearly did wreck my nervous system with the amount I slept the 2 weeks before December 1st trying to get example scores printed out, recorded by random people who I asked only weeks prior, copying everything onto 8 applications and CDs, and then writing 8 'statements of purpose' (because none of the prompts required the same things).

Next year, I know I'll start 2 or 3 days earlier to save myself the stress. *nods knowingly* :roll:

bam

Postby bam » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:35 pm UTC

I'm a junior this year and will be applying in the spring. However, I've already started getting ready - SATs are on December 6th, and I went to a college fair on Monday where I requested info from a variety of schools. Currently I'm looking at

- Washington State University (probably for sports medicine if I decide to go there)
- Air Force Academy (this is my top choice, with my grades/scores/sports I should be able to make it; most likely for aeronautical engineering)
- Embry Riddle Univiersity (aeronautical/space stuff)

There's a lot more but I can't really remember them atm. Right now I'm most interested in sports medicine, engineering, and physics, so only time will tell what happens.
Hey, I'm new here, but I'm very interested in getting to know the community and learning new things (coding, etc.). I'm always up for a good conversation ;).

ntietz

Postby ntietz » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:40 am UTC

I applied to just one school, because I am sure that that is where i'm going (I have a really nice deal there and they're the best or second best in my state for CS despite their normal overall reputation)... What would you know?

My transcript got lost.

*sigh*... time to get it sent again.

Ishindri

Postby Ishindri » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:48 am UTC

I'm working on my early decision app to Reed right now. Got the Common App essay finished, need to fine-tune that and finish the Why Reed essay.
All is well. We are not like the others.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:33 pm UTC

Does it count even if we technically don't have applications in Australia?

1. Monash Uni
2. Melbourne Uni
3. La Trobe Uni
4. RMIT Uni
5. Swinburne Uni
6. Swinburne TAFE

It makes me nervous thinking about these. We don't know if we stand a chance of getting in until December and then we don't know if we actually get in until the middle of January.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

Pit

Postby Pit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:55 pm UTC

I pretty much just finished the college process (I'm a freshie in college), and most of my friends were juniors/sophomores(who are now seniors/juniors). I know that a lot of them are looking at state schools because they cannot afford the price of a private school (with the exception of their "reach" schools). Most of them have lists similar to this:

Columbia (or another Ivy-League, or MIT, or CalTech)
NYU
RIT
University of Rochester
RPI
CUNY Hunter College (which pays for everything and includes a free laptop)
State University of NY Binghamton
State University of NY Geneseo
State University of NY Stonybrook
State University of NY Oswego
CUNY Hunter

In our school, we have to obtain "peer raves", which we give to guidance counselors, who writes a recommendation based off two teacher "raves", a parent "rave" and a peer "rave" (an informal analysis of the student). So far, I've written about 4-5 different peer raves.

There has also been an incident where one of my friends had to send her SAT scores in twice because they didn't get it the first time.
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

pkuky

Postby pkuky » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:57 pm UTC

sometimes I think we're lucky for having only 7 universities in the country.
It rains on the enemy too!

ajbleck

Postby ajbleck » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:39 pm UTC

Pit wrote:
Columbia (or another Ivy-League, or MIT, or CalTech)
NYU
RIT
University of Rochester
RPI
CUNY Hunter College (which pays for everything and includes a free laptop)
State University of NY Binghamton
CUNY Hunter

Pit i assume that you live in New York then or at least the northeast US
finally somebody that is looking at the same level of colleges i am looking at, I was starting to feel stupid for a minute.
mine are
RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)
SUNY Alfred
Suny Morrisville (get a free laptop AND Cell Phone)
Suny Oswego

and as safe schools Penn State and one college in Massachusetts but I haven't applied there yet
"Android Hell is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance." GLaDOS
ImageImage

Pit

Postby Pit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:35 pm UTC

I am, I live In New York State (and hail from NYC).

My own Application 2008 list looked like this:

NYU
Barnard College
U Mich
SUNY Geneseo
SUNY Binghamton
SUNY Stonybrook
SUNY Oswego
Hobart & Williams College
CUNY Baruch
CUNY Hunter

I got into everything but NYU, Barnard and SUNY Binghamton, and I know a fair amount of people who go to RIT and love it. Currently, I am attending SUNY Geneseo. Have you gotten the chance to visit the campuses yet, because that was one of my major deciding factors between the SUNYs.
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

ajbleck

Postby ajbleck » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:29 am UTC

I have actually visited all the colleges on my list except for the out of state colleges. It will be tough to decide between all of my schools if i get in all of them.
"Android Hell is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance." GLaDOS
ImageImage

Pit

Postby Pit » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:06 am UTC

Money always become an issue. But, it's a good thing you like your colleges, because it's better to have a list of colleges that accepted you that you LIKE, rather than having no colleges accept you at all, or only colleges you didn't really like accept you.

The students in my HS had a bad habit of applying to 10+ schools : 2 Reach Schools, 1 Target-Reach, 3 Target Schools, 2 Target-Safety Schools and 2 Safety Schools.

Xoco Mint / Pit

ajbleck

Postby ajbleck » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 pm UTC

cost is one of the biggest things that will make me decide where I will go. I really don't want to be in debt when I get out of college.
ImageImage

Steelion

Postby Steelion » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 pm UTC

I applied to a few local schools.

Alabama
Auburn
Birmingham Southern
Georgia Tech

And on my list

UAH
maybe Mississippi State

Planning on doing some form of engineering, probably aerospace.

I've been accepted to Alabama and Auburn, still waiting for word on the other ones.
As for paying, that won't be a problem for those two as long as I maintain a 3.5 GPA. (Full tuition, thanks to National Merit Semifinalist status!)
GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

petri

Postby petri » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:46 am UTC

bam wrote:I'm a junior this year and will be applying in the spring. However, I've already started getting ready - SATs are on December 6th, and I went to a college fair on Monday where I requested info from a variety of schools. Currently I'm looking at

- Washington State University (probably for sports medicine if I decide to go there)
- Air Force Academy (this is my top choice, with my grades/scores/sports I should be able to make it; most likely for aeronautical engineering)
- Embry Riddle Univiersity (aeronautical/space stuff)

There's a lot more but I can't really remember them atm. Right now I'm most interested in sports medicine, engineering, and physics, so only time will tell what happens.

If you do get into USAFA keep in mind that most people who come here to be aero/astro majors eventually change. Most popular major is management by far. I go there and it's decent, but not the best place ever.

Snowdream

Postby Snowdream » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:02 am UTC

Pit wrote:State University of NY Binghamton

*cough* State University of New York AT Binghamton.

I had to put 'State University of New York At Fredonia' on so many resume's... If you write: SUNY Oswego its OK, but at one point someone will throw a blunt ax at your head if you write 'State University of New York Stonybrook'

PS: I highly highly recommend SUNY Fredonia, its a great campus for Education majors. I also recommend (SUNY) @ University of Buffalo for Med students.

Pit

Postby Pit » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:16 am UTC

Snowdream wrote:
Pit wrote:State University of NY Binghamton

*cough* State University of New York AT Binghamton.

I had to put 'State University of New York At Fredonia' on so many resume's... If you write: SUNY Oswego its OK, but at one point someone will throw a blunt ax at your head if you write 'State University of New York Stonybrook'

PS: I highly highly recommend SUNY Fredonia, its a great campus for Education majors. I also recommend (SUNY) @ University of Buffalo for Med students.

I usually just say Bing. When I say State University of New York, Bing (even when I do say it in Bing), no one really goes haywire. Same for Stony(brook).

I would also suggest SUNY Albany and Hobart & William Smith College.

Xoco Mint / Pit

Snowdream

Postby Snowdream » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:06 pm UTC

Pit wrote:
I usually just say Bing. When I say State University of New York, Bing (even when I do say it in Bing), no one really goes haywire. Same for Stony(brook).

I would also suggest SUNY Albany and Hobart & William Smith College.

No one flipped on me until I was applying for jobs, mainly it was the CDO (Career Dev. Office).

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:25 pm UTC

ah...college apps...how I don't miss thee... :roll:

*shamless plug*
If you want to go into AAE (aeronautical and astronautical engineering), you should considering going to Purdue (Neil Armstrong went to Purdue!) A lot of the professors worked on the shuttles and whatnot. I know one of them designed the morphing wings on the f-14 (I don't know planes...if that's the wrong one, please don't hurt me!). My so (who is at purdue in AAE) is always telling me stories of how such and such prof had dinner with Neil or the head of NASA the other night...
Purdue is also one of the top ranked schools for EE (yay!), which is what I'm doing.

MIT is over rated. Our physics programs is supposedly harder (or so my professors keep telling me...)

University of Michigan is also really good for engineering, as is Olin (15k/year, no tuition fees ftw!)
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Pit

Postby Pit » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 pm UTC

U Mich IS very good (and very competitive), but I think he lives out of state.

I was accepted into U Mich, and I found out it would cost me around 56,000 a year to go. =/

Xoco Mint / Pit

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:51 pm UTC

I'm just going to say this as an insider... DO NOT GO TO RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE! It has no girls, the "city" (aka: ghetto) of Troy blows chunks, you will work constantly (a prof at RPI was once heard to say, "If we don't give them as much homework in our class they'll just work on their other classes!"), and the administration is batshit-crazy to the point that most of the faculty and student body despises President Jackson.

Oh, and tuition is roughly $50,000 a year. And no, they didn't reject me. RPI accepted me and I chose not to go; hopefully you can see why.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Pit

Postby Pit » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:39 pm UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:I'm just going to say this as an insider... DO NOT GO TO RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE! It has no girls, the "city" (aka: ghetto) of Troy blows chunks, you will work constantly (a prof at RPI was once heard to say, "If we don't give them as much homework in our class they'll just work on their other classes!"), and the administration is batshit-crazy to the point that most of the faculty and student body despises President Jackson.

Oh, and tuition is roughly $50,000 a year. And no, they didn't reject me. RPI accepted me and I chose not to go; hopefully you can see why.

O_O From what I gather, most of my friends love RPI. >_<

The fact that there are no girls could be said for a lot of schools. I hear guys from RIT complain about that all the time.

Xoco Mint / Pit

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:01 pm UTC

Yay college apps thread!

I've been around various parts of this board posting about college, but I don't think I've ever listed my schools. I'm a first-semester freshman at USC (can answer any and all questions about it, if folks are interested) who went here mostly for financial reasons. I hate it and am going to transfer out. Where does one go after USC?

-Shimer College
-Hampshire College
-St. John's College

St. John's is my first choice. I'm told that at college admissions fairs the admissions officers show you this and the small minority who's perfect for the school falls in love. I saw the reading list online, but the story is pretty much the same. I'm applying to places where I feel like I'll get an education and be happy.

Only downside? St. John's applications are incredibly essay-dependent. Like, ridiculously. Their materials explicitly say, "Your GPA and SAT scores can be made irrelevant by what you write." Most admitted students write 5-10 pages double-spaced; a significant minority write upwards of 20. I have four essays and I've written one four-page section addresses just half of one prompt! I mean, I wouldn't love the school as much as I do if applications weren't run like this, but it's difficult to get in your apps early to a rolling-admissions school when you have midterms and term papers looming.

After I submit those and (hopefully) get accepted, I just need to Fight the Power that is my mom, who teaches here at USC and would like very much for me to stay. Hurk.
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

setris

Postby setris » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:16 pm UTC

Quick question (and I need an answer quick, too): When the college says the deadline for submission is "November 3rd," does that mean 11:59 on the 2nd or 11:59 on the 3rd? Cause that's really gonna make a difference right about now.
IN SANE WE TRUST

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:01 pm UTC

setris wrote:Quick question (and I need an answer quick, too): When the college says the deadline for submission is "November 3rd," does that mean 11:59 on the 2nd or 11:59 on the 3rd? Cause that's really gonna make a difference right about now.

11:59 on the 3rd, but in their time zone. So if you're on Pacific time applying to an East Coast school, submit your application by 8:59 (a notable exception is the University of Chicago, which will allow you to submit at 11:59 by the standards of anywhere in the world).

Best of luck!
Spoiler:

That is all.

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

setris

Postby setris » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:25 pm UTC

Awesome. That means I get one more day to work on my Caltech app (and I'm on the east coast, so a few bonus hours). Thanks. These apps are really a pain. I got Villanova's done, now only five more to go.

Only downside? St. John's applications are incredibly essay-dependent. Like, ridiculously. Their materials explicitly say, "Your GPA and SAT scores can be made irrelevant by what you write." Most admitted students write 5-10 pages double-spaced; a significant minority write upwards of 20. I have four essays and I've written one four-page section addresses just half of one prompt! I mean, I wouldn't love the school as much as I do if applications weren't run like this, but it's difficult to get in your apps early to a rolling-admissions school when you have midterms and term papers looming.

That's strange, most schools don't want them that long. It's more trouble for them that way. Even the most essay-dependent schools I'm applying to told me to just do whatever's necessary (even though that's painfully close to a trick) and not to ramble.
IN SANE WE TRUST

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:52 pm UTC

setris wrote:Awesome. That means I get one more day to work on my Caltech app (and I'm on the east coast, so a few bonus hours). Thanks. These apps are really a pain. I got Villanova's done, now only five more to go.

That's strange, most schools don't want them that long. It's more trouble for them that way. Even the most essay-dependent schools I'm applying to told me to just do whatever's necessary (even though that's painfully close to a trick) and not to ramble.

St. John's is not a normal school by any stretch. The real answer is that their applicant pool is so small that they can afford to read all the essays in whatever detail the applicants choose. For instance, the admissions officer told me that only 60 students would probably apply for a spot in the January class.
Spoiler:

That is all.

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:31 pm UTC

Mwahahahahaha! Turned in my application yesterday. The essays ended up being 12 pages long. At my interview, though, the admissions officer said "You couldn't be rejected if you tried. Any bad essay you wrote would be viewed as satirical."

I feel much better about my chances now :D
Spoiler:

That is all.

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:46 pm UTC

My parents are being a real pain about applying to school. I have already applied and been accepted to USF and FIT. I alos applied early action, jsut means I find out faster, to WPI which is a small private school in MA. The last few I might apply to are Duke's Pratt school and mabey Georgia Tech.

Any other good engineering school you guys might suggest?
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

TheWaterBear

Postby TheWaterBear » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

Allenr wrote:My parents are being a real pain about applying to school. I have already applied and been accepted to USF and FIT. I alos applied early action, jsut means I find out faster, to WPI which is a small private school in MA. The last few I might apply to are Duke's Pratt school and mabey Georgia Tech.

Why apply to USF and FIT, but not UF? We have a decent engineering program here.

Masily box

Postby Masily box » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:31 pm UTC

I'm applying right now to grad school to study music theory, and the process is just as much of a drag as I remember college apps being. My first two apps are due on December 1st, so basically if I get those done I'll be all set, but that date is kind of unfortunately situated just after Thanksgiving. I'll be so glad when this is all over.

ajbleck

Postby ajbleck » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 am UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:I'm just going to say this as an insider... DO NOT GO TO RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE! It has no girls, the "city" (aka: ghetto) of Troy blows chunks, you will work constantly (a prof at RPI was once heard to say, "If we don't give them as much homework in our class they'll just work on their other classes!"), and the administration is batshit-crazy to the point that most of the faculty and student body despises President Jackson.

you are right RPI is in a ghetto, i go there for swim meets for my club swim team and i don't even feel safe walking to the pizza place that is 30' away from the pool. i also know people who have had siblings go there, they hated it most of them transferred in their second year.
ImageImage

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:26 pm UTC

TheWaterBear wrote:
Allenr wrote:My parents are being a real pain about applying to school. I have already applied and been accepted to USF and FIT. I alos applied early action, jsut means I find out faster, to WPI which is a small private school in MA. The last few I might apply to are Duke's Pratt school and mabey Georgia Tech.

Why apply to USF and FIT, but not UF? We have a decent engineering program here.

Mainly I'm looking to go out of state. USF and FIT were backups for the most part.
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

Return to “School”