Energy Drinks

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Annihilist

Energy Drinks

Postby Annihilist » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:41 am UTC

As a fan of energy drinks, I ask you if you like them or if you don't like them. If you do, which ones do you like, and why.

I discovered this new one called 28Black which is a German made "natural" energy drink made from Acai berries. Not sure where they are sold around the world but they have them in Australia.

Your turn

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Re: Energy Drinks

Postby ahammel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:35 am UTC

Annihilist wrote:I discovered this new one called 28Black which is a German made "natural" energy drink made from Acai berries.
...which is a German made "natural" energy drink...
..."natural" energy drink...

::murderous rage::
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:42 am UTC

If I'm drinking an energy drink, it's because I need some help making it through work and am not interested in falling asleep on the way home. In that case, it's Monster because it comes in a big can and they sell it in a little shop in the lobby of my building. What I really care about is that I get a lot of sugar, b vitamins, and caffeine.

The only thing that annoys me with energy drinks is when I see people selling "low calorie" energy drinks.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

Annihilist

Postby Annihilist » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:48 pm UTC

ahammel wrote:
Annihilist wrote:I discovered this new one called 28Black which is a German made "natural" energy drink made from Acai berries.
...which is a German made "natural" energy drink...
..."natural" energy drink...

::murderous rage::
I don't get it....? It doesn't matter anyway, it's awesome regardless.

Worth checking out http://www.28black.com/

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:28 pm UTC

Annihilist wrote:I don't get it....?

"Natural" means "occuring in nature", not "containing granola or some shit". Unless it's harvested from the Great Energy Drink Tree, then no, it isn't "natural". [/pet peeve]
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

Annihilist

Postby Annihilist » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:35 am UTC

ahammel wrote:
Annihilist wrote:I don't get it....?

"Natural" means "occuring in nature", not "containing granola or some shit". Unless it's harvested from the Great Energy Drink Tree, then no, it isn't "natural". [/pet peeve]
Yeah yeah yeah of course, hence the quotation marks used. It advertises itself as "natural". Regardless, it's still good.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:43 am UTC

Annihilist wrote:Acai berries

What the shit is everyone's obsession with these things? They're marginally curious, vaguely tart berries, and everyone treats them like they're some fucking snake oil angel piss cure all. Are people still so ignorant as to see the words 'anti-oxidant' and think the 60g of sugar per drink or 100mg of caffeine are just going to sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on by because they've consumed some berry with a mildly exotic name and SkyMall level science backing it's benefits?

What's that, you need a pick me up near the end of the day? Sure, dump caffeine or sugar into your system if it works for you! I don't see what the fuss is.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Annihilist

Postby Annihilist » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:42 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:
Annihilist wrote:Acai berries

What the shit is everyone's obsession with these things? They're marginally curious, vaguely tart berries, and everyone treats them like they're some fucking snake oil angel piss cure all. Are people still so ignorant as to see the words 'anti-oxidant' and think the 60g of sugar per drink or 100mg of caffeine are just going to sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on by because they've consumed some berry with a mildly exotic name and SkyMall level science backing it's benefits?

What's that, you need a pick me up near the end of the day? Sure, dump caffeine or sugar into your system if it works for you! I don't see what the fuss is.
It just tastes good.

Chill.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:35 pm UTC

There's already a thread on the only good natural energy drinks. It's called "Tea Snobbery". :P
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:15 am UTC

Thesh wrote:"low calorie" energy drinks.

Oh, I get it. That's actually kind of funny.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

yenny

Postby yenny » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:43 pm UTC

My favorite energy drink would have to be Jolt Passion Fruit. Not sure how much energy I get from it, but the taste is awesome. :P

cesium14

Postby cesium14 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:40 am UTC

Here in China you don't get a lot of choices. We almost only have Red Bull. And we only drink nrg on "occasions" like football match or something. btw, acai berry is advertised as Vitamin C suppliant in China. i always take it as a cure to sore throat, and i think it works, either for its vc or as a placebo

bluedaisy

Postby bluedaisy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:59 am UTC

Sometimes I drink it to cheer up when I feel tired. I know It will give me some extra energy that means calories as well as protein within a short time. Anyway, my favorite energy drinks are Red bull. :)

roband

Postby roband » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 pm UTC

Does anyone have any experience of taking guarana tablets on a semi-permanent basis?
I don't drink coffee at all, red bull/similar rarely and diet coke fairly regularly. I think the caffeine could help me out sometimes.

Any tips/problems?

Hindi

Postby Hindi » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 am UTC

Annihilist wrote:Not sure where they are sold around the world but they have them in Australia.

They're original from Amazon rainforest, as well as guarana.

As for me, I don't usually drink coffe, but I love "acai" and "guarana" based food/beverages. They're pretty common here in Brazil. :D

Here a pretty common treat is frozen-mixed acai, similar to an ice-cream, but with acai only. People like to put sliced bananas, honey, condensed milk and/or cereals with it.
Another common thing here in Brazil is guarana sodas. In fact, I think the most popular soda flavour in Brazil is guarana. At leat is my favourite.

Tounx

Postby Tounx » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:52 pm UTC

I still don't think there is anything better than a couple of caffeine pills.

m4d4sb34ns

Postby m4d4sb34ns » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

I was a bit of a Relentless junkie for a while, trying to stay off it now due to the insane sugar content - tastes awesome though, and the caffeine is always welcome. I've tried the sugar-free version, but that was probably the single most disappointing beverage experience of my life.

Return to “Food”