3%
Tropical
No votes
Other
8%

Total votes: 88

Aeltar

Postby Aeltar » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:08 am UTC

Middle Eastern, particularly Lebanese. I've been to every single one that's worth half a raptor within 150 miles.

Also, why does FF not recognise raptor as a word?
functionally_stupid wrote:If you ever feel the urge to say "I love you" to a friend, a lover, a parent, who-the-fuck-ever - say it. SAY IT. I cannot stress this enough.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:11 am UTC

redthegreat wrote:I was wondering if you give your kids, or as young people drank alcohol at meal times, not for the sake of getting drunk, but because a nice chianti compliments pizza margherita better then cherry coke.

If you're asking about the States, the legality of that depends on the individual state, and sometimes the county/city laws. Universally, though.. no, people in the US are not in the habit of giving alcohol to underage people, even if they are family and it's done in the family home.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:14 am UTC

My family was. Wine with dinner was, while not a *regular* occurence, not rare either.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

redthegreat

Postby redthegreat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:19 am UTC

Well, over here the law states alcohol in private property is perfectly legal to be consumed by anyone. As soon as you on the streets and under 18 you will get arrested. In france its 16. I edited my previous post btw. Although restaurants serving food can serve anyone. At my sixth form college we would often go to the tavern get a plate of chips and a pint of Guinness before going back for last lesson. My view of America and drinking seem to be of bottles of vodka stolen from parents cocktail cabinet and downed, or 3/4% larger and keg-stands, although I am probably wrong!

I updated my last post btw, check out the pic lol

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:20 am UTC

Belial wrote:My family was. Wine with dinner was, while not a *regular* occurence, not rare either.

Well, sure. I also knew a family that was completely cool with their 15-19 year old kids throwing parties in their home because that way they could keep an eye on everyone and prevent drunk driving. Really cool people.

But it's not universal.

My view of America and drinking seem to be of bottles of vodka stolen from parents cocktail cabinet and downed, or 3/4% larger and keg-stands, although I am probably wrong!

... that describes about 80% of the parties I went to in High School. Of the 12 total.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

redthegreat

Postby redthegreat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:27 am UTC

Did one of your partys stop two thirds of the way through?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:31 am UTC

No, they just didn't involve kegstands or stolen alcohol, just illegally purchased alcohol.

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:35 am UTC

Chinese. American Chinese food, while reasonably tasty, is nothing compared to the range of things that I enjoy while living in Beijing. Sichuan Province and completely ridiculous use of hot peppers for the win.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

redthegreat

Postby redthegreat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:46 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:No, they just didn't involve kegstands or stolen alcohol, just illegally purchased alcohol.

Sorry that went over you, 80% of 12 is 9.6

0.6th of a party is one that lasted 2/3rds of the way through, obviously a party cant last 2/3rds of a length a party takes as party time varys.

Thai is good, a nice green curry does the job.

Stickmaster

Postby Stickmaster » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:08 am UTC

I seriously can't choose. I love food so damned much, I just can't pick. Every style has it's positives. The real fun lies within combining the best parts of one style of cuisine with another to create something completely unique.

In case you can't tell, I LOVE cooking. I was actually going to become a chef before I scrapped that plan in favour of my current degree (Chemical Engineering). I still plan on retiring at around 55 and opening up my own restaurant.

I live to eat food. I seriously think about dinner all day long - it's that much fun. I'm not fat or anything, and all the food I make is fresh & from scratch - and it's usually pretty healthy, aside from when I involve way too much bacon.

ANYWAYS.

FOOD GOOD!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:17 am UTC

redthegreat wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:No, they just didn't involve kegstands or stolen alcohol, just illegally purchased alcohol.

Sorry that went over you, 80% of 12 is 9.6

0.6th of a party is one that lasted 2/3rds of the way through, obviously a party cant last 2/3rds of a length a party takes as party time varys.

Thai is good, a nice green curry does the job.

Pfft. 83.4% of all percentages are made up on the spot.

And.. yes, there can be a 2/3rds party.. when the cops break it up.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:55 pm UTC

Man, whoever said bubble tea and crab sushi....man after my own heart.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Kawa

Postby Kawa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:32 pm UTC

CatProximity wrote:Man, whoever said bubble tea and crab sushi....man after my own heart.

That was me. Soft shell crab made by the sweet and friendly proprietor of tiny Japanese sushi place near the water = for the win!

As for alcohol, I think I got served champagne for New Year's once in my house. I promptly gagged. I would refuse wine/beer even if it's a supposed "perfect pairing" - alcohol makes me feel sick, and I can't even stand the smell of it. (Someday eventually I want to go to someplace like Napa Valley, though, just to look. I'll be designated driver though...)
Kawa likes these things:
Spanish Ninja Bodyguard
math, anime, more!
Origami, Florida
New York, and xkcd.

~Jake~

Postby ~Jake~ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 pm UTC

I suppose my favourite would have to be Indian food, especially lamb curries. I also like Mexican food but you don't tend to get many Mexican restaurants over here.

~Jake~

Postby ~Jake~ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:53 pm UTC

redthegreat wrote:...Various posts...

Apologies for the horrendous off-topicitude but it is cool to see someone here from Guernsey; my (now ex-)girlfriend comes from there and I have been there a few times with her.

Lovely island you got there.

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:08 am UTC

damienthebloody wrote:Kangaroo Curry for dinner last night. Don't know why, but it's really comfort food for me.

My and my Australian->London friends had a Barbie-roo the other night. We bought a bunch of kangaroo meat, sliced it up into pieces, and each of us made a marinade. We then barbequed (grilled, if you're American) it on the roof of my friends apartment and determined which was the best.

We learned:

- Kangaroo has to be cooked quickly, or it goes chewy
- Red wine, garlic, rosemary marinade is delicious
- Sweet chilli and lime marinade is also delicious
- Kangaroo meat is delicious.

A couple of Yorkshire lads joined us, they jumped at the chance to try kangaroo.

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:12 am UTC

redthegreat wrote:...

Nice pic!

Return to “Food”