make your own curse words

For the discussion of language mechanics, grammar, vocabulary, trends, and other such linguistic topics, in english and other languages.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Re: make your own curse words

Postby Xanthir » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:12 am UTC

I emote out loud. T_T My wife gets angry at me when I respond with a "Double-you tee eff?"
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Zak

Postby Zak » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:33 am UTC

ooo OOO you WHORE!
*waggles eyebrows*

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:26 pm UTC

Xanthir wrote:I emote out loud. T_T My wife gets angry at me when I respond with a "Double-you tee eff?"

Ell oh ell! Though you know that's actually pretty freakin' annoying. I made my brother stop shouting "ROFFLE" because it drove me up a wall.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Force42

Postby Force42 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:48 am UTC

I didn't come up with this one, but I always found "fuckwad" to be particularly amusing.

Australian slang also has a plethora of insults...such as wanker...that's a nice one.

Still, I've always liked Colonel Potter's exclamations on MASH...monkey muffins!...buffalo bagels!...horse hockey!...the list goes on...

Zak

Postby Zak » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:00 am UTC

Bitch-tits!
*waggles eyebrows*

aeiss

Postby aeiss » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 pm UTC

i use the word "gay"
as in
*doorslam*
"AH GAY GAY OW GAY GAY"

it's probably not very appropriate
but meh

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:35 pm UTC

Kewangji wrote:
Xanthir wrote:I emote out loud. T_T My wife gets angry at me when I respond with a "Double-you tee eff?"

Ell oh ell! Though you know that's actually pretty freakin' annoying. I made my brother stop shouting "ROFFLE" because it drove me up a wall.

Actually my sister has a hand gesture for lol.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:45 pm UTC

motherbitchcow.

The magazine 2000AD brought some interesting curse words to the fore, being a magazine for younger readers. Judge Dredd had the curse words "drokk!" and "stomm!" where as Rogue Trooper used "skev" and as I recall, the comic adaptation of the game "Urban Strike" was the first time I heard "Muddy Funster" as a substitute for mother fucker.

This is a thread about curse words. Just say the damn word you mean, instead of obfuscating it.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:24 pm UTC

Dan Abnet introduced "Feth" to WH40k.

I like the way there's "Oh Feth" "Feth you" and a man-portable RPG is a tread fether.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:19 pm UTC

My friends and I once made one up which meant "smegma", but I can't remember what the word actually was. Unfortunately our use of it only lasted for about a month.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

DJH47

Postby DJH47 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:37 pm UTC

"Shit-licking" tends to be one of my favorites, as it does not have the abstract imagery of "shit-eating", but in fact a detailed vision of someone tasting feces.

"Toadfucking" or "dogfucking" works occasionally, as well.
The above post is declared to be in the public domain unless specified otherwise.

-- Dallas

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

Shitlicking is full of win.
<.<

Shitlips is kinda good too. Almost like brownnose, but better. I need to find a word that goes well with 'cess' too. Cesshead?
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

johnie104

Postby johnie104 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:37 pm UTC

My friend and I had a period where we called someone hoofd (dutch for head) if we were annoyed with him. One day there were 2 guys pushing each other and they hit my friend, so he called him a head. For some reason he answered (translated): "I don't have a head." We walked away and seconds later realised what he had said actually...
Signature removed because of it's blinding awesomeness.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:42 pm UTC

Joeldi wrote:I tend to just use every-day words, but never anything creative, because it's always just in place of fuck.
(I do say all these regularly)
eg. What the cake are you doing?!
You are such a face-head
For monkey's sake!

I have also used face-head, though not for a while now.

I am fond of using the word "curses", or blast, or dang darnnit. Or mixing Ned Flanders with Yosemite Sam. I almost never use the f-word, and when I do it actually gets a reaction to it. (Similar to the other person who said the same thing).

tiny

Postby tiny » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:50 am UTC

I tend to produce strings of curse words. Mostly along the lines of Rotz-Dreck-Kacke-Scheiße-Popel (snot-dirt-crap-shit-booger). A clip of all noughty words in The Big Lebowsky impressed me a lot, though, so that I'm actually going through a phase of fuck-shit-fucking-fuck-fucking-shit-fuck-fuck-fuck-fucking-fuck-bullshit-vagina.

When I absolutely abhor something, I call it 'The Opposite'.
'The opposite of what, tiny?'
'The Opposite of Everything!'
Some people I know adapted it. Apparently it describes the feeling rather well.
"I write what I see, the endless procession to the guillotine." ~ de Sade

elusive

Postby elusive » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:38 am UTC

I'm quite fond of the insult/curse "custard(s)". It nicely merges cunt with bastard and works in all kind of family friendly situations.

Zoris

Postby Zoris » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:25 pm UTC

I had a friend who used to use "Like a bitch on crack in a whorehouse" a whole lot.

And I have another friend who likes to say "Holy Shizm ["SIz.m=]" a lot...

theamberkey

Postby theamberkey » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:10 pm UTC

Allow me, off the top of my head:

Cum-guzzling gutterslut. Douchetard. Cuntbag. Donkey dicksucker. Butthook. Assmaggot. Whore-hounding hatmaster. Tampon-eating dadsacker. Fuckwit. Cunt-thumping dingledick. Cherrypopping slutslapper. Assbagging stumpthumping betel-breathed cunt-crossed camel-backed buttfucking farteater.

Throw in the occasional Allah, God, Christ, or Buddha. Use alliteration. Buddha's balls! Cracker-Christ in a cunt! Allah's asscrack!

Mix and mingle: Buddhabanging buttthumper. Donkeywhoring Christslut.

Good for general exclamation or for insulting a fellow being.

It's really not that difficult to come up with something interesting on the spot. Just take a bunch of funny, gross, and taboo words and throw them together in different combinations. Just because you're angry or frustrated is no reason not to be creative. Longer is not necessarily better, unless you're talking penises or orgasms.

I'm not saying I'm going to be winning any poetry contests here. I'm just saying: elaborate.
A silver spoon and a packet of sugar cubes are the artifacts of the ritual: the vajrakaliya, the cross, the blood of the lamb....
-The Amber Key

Kabann

Postby Kabann » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:19 pm UTC

I find that trying to use nonsense words or invented curses just doesn't offer the same cathartic release of tension as an honest-to-goodness, offensive-to-the-general-population profanity. It must be the actual public consensus about a particular word that gives it its power to really work even when you're alone. A good resounding FUCK just feels so much better when you crush your finger in a door than POOHEAD, no matter how hard you try to sell it.

That said, I also just string together curses in as inappropriate a way as I can muster. Feels pretty good to me when I've let out a 'fuck cunt ass-nuts fuck fucking fuck-fuck' when I really need to. I guess I've got a little bit of Cartman in me after all.

Although there is something geekily romantic about calling someone a s'wit or a fetcher...
My goal in life is to have money, power, fame, wisdom, and love.
So far, I've got a sense of humor.
It's a good start.

ZLVT

Postby ZLVT » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:30 am UTC

Smiling Hobo wrote:Phlook. The "ph" is pronounced like an "F" so it really sounds like flook, but it's not. It's a phlook. Can be used in pretty much any situation as a verb, noun, or adjective and doesn't really hve a specific meaning. It is the embodiment of pure trashiness, that's it.

Ex.

"You're such a phlook."

"Nice way to phlook that test, dick face."

"This food tastes so phlook!"

*Nibbles on kitten*

sounds too much like fluke though (aussie english)

Fluke (flʏ:k)
v. to do, accomplish or achieve great things by accident. E.g. "I fluked that test" i.e. "I passed it completely by accident"
n. an accidental accomplishment. E.g. "That trick was a complete fluke"
22/♂/hetero/atheist/★☭/Image

Originator of the DIY ASL tags

bigglesworth

Postby bigglesworth » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:31 pm UTC

Last week I made great use of:

Go eat a bowl of fuck!

May you be raped by the things that live in your hair!

I hope you die in hell!

The last one really doesn't work.

Mr. Timms

Postby Mr. Timms » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:01 am UTC

Dindle. I made it upon seeing this forum's title.
Decker wrote:
nbonaparte wrote:You'll learn this around here. Everyone's pretty damn blunt.
I am not! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a huge shit.

quintopia

Postby quintopia » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:47 am UTC

A poem for xkcd-land:

Dindle-wicked fourggutwad!
Barrel-shnicked cumcusscod!
Fingermaggot butterclam!
Shmegna chutzpaxanderfam!
Gittle-pitty pantsis!
Terrell-titty frances!
Itty bitty slitty twitty!
Larball-licking scrantzes!
Ouching oucher! Ooh! Ahh! Ach!
I tripped and fell in a cactus! Fock!

(Thanks for "dindle," that's a good one)

meta-

Postby meta- » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:57 am UTC

I'm thinking that a random curse-word generator should/does exist to give us fan-fucking-tastic curse words.
preferably including the opportunity of infixes. because I am a big fan of re-fucking-dickulous.

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:05 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Fewmets.

(Points to whoever gets that)

That means pellets of dragon dung, doesn't it? I can't remember where I read that, but... Ah. Wiki tells me I read it in a L'Engle book. Damn good author, that woman.

When I really want to curse creatively, I go for the poetic, metaphorical, or just plain long and complicated. When I want to, I can really unleash hell to wish someone ill.

Short, off-the-cuff curses for people include:

Spoiler:
"May you outlive your children."
"Catch an unknown disease."

And of course the classic:
Spoiler:
Go shit in the ocean.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Bluriest

Postby Bluriest » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:14 am UTC

I made an account just for this thread :D

Anyways... some of my favorites are "Cluster-Fuck- 1.Verb, to completely screw something up "He cluster-fucked it to death" "We are sooooo cluster-fucked""
Another one I like is "Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fuck" It starts out extremely stressful :x , crescendoing to "Fuckity" :twisted: after which all vocal stress is removed, then a decent in pitch and volume till the last "Fuck" is nothing but a whisper 8)

In my Honors Physics class we play a lot of a card game called shit-head, one day the teacher asked what we were playing and one of the kids in German IV tells her we're playing "Sheiz-koff(spelling?)", which is German for shit head(unless that kid is shitting me), long story short, we end up saying sheiz-koff in place of other words in physics, hilarity ensues.

FUBAR is a military term, I believe, pronounced Fuh-Bar, it stands for Fucked-Up-Beyond-All-Recognition(Or Reason or any other 'R' word you like)

Just a few of my faves, I'll talk to my friends tomorrow and maybe make another post later :D

Bluriest

Postby Bluriest » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:38 am UTC

Another fun little thing to do is take already well known curse words and remix them by using them in different parts of speech that they would normally not be used in.

"You FUCKING GOD DAMMIT!!!"
"Did you just call me a 'God Dammit?'"
"Yes, yes I did"

"You little fuck"
"You fuck and a half"
"Could you cunt this up any more?"

Or making little hyphenated phrases that follow a pattern, such as 'Noun/Adjective - Progressive Verb - Adjective - Noun(Descriptive noun referring to a person)' My Best Friend and I do this a lot when we're board, we end up making up a lot of really funny ones on the fly. Also, they normally have a theme throughout.

Cum-Guzzling-Road-Whore! (A hoe/slut)
Carpet-Munching-Cock-Stomper! (A dike)
Poo-Packing-Butt-Pirate! (Although appearing aimed at the gays, it is not. My friend used this on me because he thought my new shirt made me look like a Guido(Slut is to woman as Guido is to man), it's an attack on Guidos and they're lack of security in their sexuality)

Return to “Language/Linguistics”