What Albums Are You Excited For?

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Timequake

Re: What Albums Are You Excited For?

Postby Timequake » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:00 am UTC

I'm desperately hoping that Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution won't miss the unofficial "before the end of 2010" deadline they've set on "99 Songs of the Revolution", and their yet-unnamed 30-song album. If and when these two ever come out, I may die of sheer joy.
GENERATION -i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

Balrog Boogie

Postby Balrog Boogie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:54 am UTC

Flight of Conchords - Flight of Conchords
22nd of April.
Bash in my brain, and make me scream with pain,
Then kick me once again, and say we'll never part.

Neris

Postby Neris » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:52 pm UTC

The new Death Cab For Cutie album... especially because I have tickets to see them in a few weeks!
"My God, man! Do they want tea?"
"No, I think they're after something more than that, sir. I don't know what it is, but they've brought a flag."

Allium Cepa

Postby Allium Cepa » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

Timequake wrote:I'm desperately hoping that Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution won't miss the unofficial "before the end of 2010" deadline they've set on "99 Songs of the Revolution", and their yet-unnamed 30-song album. If and when these two ever come out, I may die of sheer joy.

Yeah, I'm hoping that at the end of this tour he'll actually have some time to buckle down and record some stuff, because that five-track demo is tantalizing.

Neris wrote:The new Death Cab For Cutie album... especially because I have tickets to see them in a few weeks!

Definitely. I hear their a lot different in concert, though. Apparently, Ben Gibbard's voice shakes a lot during live performances.
Take me back to the day that I went blind, I would like to see your face for one last time.

Cai

Postby Cai » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:42 pm UTC

Cai wrote:The ones I can think up off the top of my head are the new Tapes 'n Tapes album. Mmmm.

The new Tapes 'n Tapes cd SUCKED. That was unfortunate. I'm currently waiting for my No Age preorder to come in on Nouns. It shall be epic.
Dreamers never live, only dream of it.
first.am

DarkKnightJared

Postby DarkKnightJared » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:37 pm UTC

At this moment, mostly The Root's "Rising Down," the next Portishead album, and whatever the hell NIN have planned next.

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Postby no-genius » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

wery67564 wrote:
no-genius wrote:
wery67564 wrote:Scratch last thought, the new silver mt zion memorial orchestra & tra la la la band album was lamo weakness. Nothing new from that side of the ballpark.

*cries all alone*

shit, no :(

Ok, it's not "bad" but it's definetely not new, the sound is the same, and two of the four tracks blew me away, but my expations are high^2 so what can you do? It is still better than a lot of shite coming out this year as of yet, looks at Hot Chip, "bad dog!"

have to say, it met my expectations. 'BlindBlindBlind' is maybe the best thing they've done? (recently - obviously 13 angels is just too weird for them to do anything like that.) Maybe '1,000,000 died to make this sound' is a bit samey, but I still like it. There are some nice guitar parts, and it still has strings. And the 12-part intro is a bit annoying, but it doesn't really last long enough to matter.
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

Return to “Music”