POST YOUR MUSIC HERE and actually Listen too! (Rules in OP)

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Re: Post YOUR music here

Postby Ren » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:01 pm UTC

@d33p, Cara, and no-g: Thanks, guys. I...uhh...don't think they're actually that good. Maybe when I get some better recording equipment, though!
*goes off to listen to people who she supposedly sounds like*
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

Zarvoc

Postby Zarvoc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:30 pm UTC

I write electronic music, on the ambient side. I used to use Fruityloops, but a couple weeks ago have updated to the more powerful Reason to write stuff that doesn't sound quite so underproduced.

Anyway, here's some songs I'm not totally embarrassed to share:

http://forum.thettt.com/dropbox/tothemuse/

They are .m4a format and totally downloadable and stealable.

"tothemuse" is the name of the "album".

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm UTC

Reason is liquid sex. Did you get 4.0?
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Zarvoc

Postby Zarvoc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:40 pm UTC

I did! It's extremely shiny and sexy, but I'm still learning how to use it intuitively.

The near-limitless potential sound-wise is kind of intimidating.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:13 pm UTC

Tell me about it. The only real advice I have to give is experiment like crazy. Fiddle around with the demo songs, find a friend to collaborate with who knows more than you, et cetera. I am jealous because I have 3.0 and can't really justify the expense of upgrading.
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:46 pm UTC

I've done a second track which is a little more distant than the second. Samples used are from Secret Chiefs 3, Boredoms, Serart, Serj Tankian and Sigur Ros. It's a little less immediate than the last but I enjoy it.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/tpot/Serein-t

scrt_rbt_agnt
douche bag

Postby scrt_rbt_agnt » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:41 am UTC

Ren wrote:Robot: You are making me ashamed. ASHAMED.
I can haz mp3s?

CaraInFrames wrote:Oooh, Mr Robot, I'm much liking your Rocketship Musketeers. Also, you're quite pretty, who knew. Anyway, yes, I'm with Ren on begging for an mp3, maybe, please, pretty please?

yes, here's a senspace link where i uploaded a few of my tracks. sorry that took me so long, i kept forgetting about this thread.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ig29ng
i am a poet and an artist

i don't wanna worry about dyin'
i just wanna worry about sunshine girls

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:46 pm UTC

Aww, sweet. Thanks Rbt!
MotleyJesster (12:34:04 PM): Better than moping around being all "I do not need love, I have indie music and a wind instrument!"

lnev

Panacea - The Scenic Route (remix)

Postby lnev » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:35 pm UTC

hi,

i've finished & uploaded a new remix:

panacea - the scenic route

you can preview it/listen to it online on my myspace-player (the 1st song):
http://myspace.com/nevilo

or you can download it:
panacea - the scenic route (leo nevilo remix)

enjoy,
leo

lnev

Postby lnev » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:38 pm UTC

more than 1 month has passed since my last post and i've got another remix for you!

this time i remixed yelle - ce jeu

it's the 1st song on my myspace-player:
http://myspace.com/nevilo

enjoy it and happy new year!

scrt_rbt_agnt
douche bag

Postby scrt_rbt_agnt » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:43 pm UTC

oh man, i totally forgot about this thread. this makes me want to record something new.
i am a poet and an artist

i don't wanna worry about dyin'
i just wanna worry about sunshine girls

andyvn22

Postby andyvn22 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:54 am UTC

Here's a thing, I suppose. It's... all right. I do like the tritone root movement. The beginning/middle section is not my favorite.

http://andyvn.ath.cx/media/songs/mp3/distant-lands.mp3
"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
http://andyvn.ath.cx/

d00m1001

Postby d00m1001 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:56 am UTC

So, I compose music and write lyrics occasionally. It's a little hobby of mine. I play guitar, piano, bass, drums, and I sing... I'm not really too good at singing though.. I need lessons. I'll provide you with a few links. I teach guitar at a music academy, so hopefully you find my guitar to be decent. Enjoy :)

These two have the best quality plus, the ultimate-guitar one has some covers of songs you might recognize.
http://www.purevolume.com/artworkforashtrays
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/jasonmetal+love/

http://www.myspace.com/artworkforashtrays

(Oh, and if you want lyrics or anything just ask... It's pretty easy to hear the words though. Nothing heavy here.)

Cai

Postby Cai » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:33 am UTC

my music myspace has been revamped, and new songs have been put up. and by revamped it is more professional. and by more professional i mean it is now black and white.
Dreamers never live, only dream of it.
first.am

ChocloManx

Postby ChocloManx » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:11 pm UTC

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
-Ambrose Bierce

"My God, all the matter in the universe has just rapidly expanded outward, in some sort of bang."

sherbertfox

Postby sherbertfox » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:23 am UTC

I made this after transcribing a Haydn string quartet... the strings sound cack, but the 'ness' is there... I find myself listening to this a lot, oddly.
The End Of The World.mp3
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 198 times
Last night, I was a black man in Norway who couldn't get served in the supermarket because they were racist, but then the old man owner guy took me out shooting penguins with harpoons.

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:12 am UTC

That's pretty cool, sherbertfox. I really liked the...not sure what the word is...glitchy? quality of the drum loops you had.

After listening to some Ryoji Ikeda I was inspired to try my hand at some noise/ambient, mostly based around feedback. Headphones are necessary, be warned that some of the frequencies can get a bit earsplitting at times.
Streetlight Breath and Yellow Heat.mp3
(5.42 MiB) Downloaded 248 times

The World viz. a Lonely Wind.mp3
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 217 times

SkaBassist

Postby SkaBassist » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:46 am UTC

http://www.myspace.com/theallusionists

I know there's only one (cover) right now, but I'll be putting more up, and it will eventually be my band's page (after we record).

Please don't make fun of my singing :P

bucket

Postby bucket » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:57 pm UTC

Inhabitants - my one song that's a reasonable demo, wrote and recorded it two years ago. I'd love to cut out some of the vocal parts but lost the original data.

You can also find other bits and pieces here, they may eventually include some electronic elements.

My band can be found here

genewitch

Postby genewitch » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:04 am UTC

Link to my music is in my sig; but here's some newer video-type stuff! yay:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=genewitch

The MPC one is "dirty rap" done MPC style using a classical song that i put through recycle. Video Song Indeed was made just so i could practice using the stupid capture utility i have, but it came out kinda nice (except for video artifacting).

the other two are rendered in Apophysis 2.02; and are "demo tracks"

On the soundclick page there's about 2 albums worth of music, written solely by yours truly since mid 2005.

I'm sort of a sound engineer rather than a musician, but i love writing tracks. Let me know what you think :)
...C is for people who would rather sit at home and match up pairs of socks by the count of their elastic bands, than to just get dressed with mismatched shoes and take the lady out to dinner and nail her in the car on the way home -xkcd_n00bz
MyMusic

genewitch

Postby genewitch » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:05 am UTC

sherbertfox wrote:I made this after transcribing a Haydn string quartet... the strings sound cack, but the 'ness' is there... I find myself listening to this a lot, oddly.
The End Of The World.mp3

Hey is that a native instruments instrument? The IDM drums, not the actual drumline, but the ones that are layered over it?
i <3 glitch. there's some on my soundclick, as well.

PS, the year zero album from NIN has a TON of IDM in it. it's pretty refreshing!
...C is for people who would rather sit at home and match up pairs of socks by the count of their elastic bands, than to just get dressed with mismatched shoes and take the lady out to dinner and nail her in the car on the way home -xkcd_n00bz
MyMusic

Fat Tony

Postby Fat Tony » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:50 pm UTC

Woops, posted this in the wrong thread earlier.

Fat Tony wrote:Here's a horrible version of the first song I ever wrote. Sometime in the near future I'm gonna re-record it with a full band instead of just me and a drummer, and I'm gonna add a wiggidy-wacked guitar solo to finish it off =D
http://www.myspace.com/pinstripesontuesday
Wanna hear the truth? Life is downright ok.

sherbertfox

Postby sherbertfox » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:48 am UTC

Hey is that a native instruments instrument? The IDM drums, not the actual drumline, but the ones that are layered over it?
i <3 glitch. there's some on my soundclick, as well.

PS, the year zero album from NIN has a TON of IDM in it. it's pretty refreshing!

Nope, just some percussion samples.
Haven't listened to NIN in years, used to love him when I was young... might have a noodle!
Last night, I was a black man in Norway who couldn't get served in the supermarket because they were racist, but then the old man owner guy took me out shooting penguins with harpoons.

sherbertfox

Postby sherbertfox » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:51 am UTC

TheAmazingRando wrote:That's pretty cool, sherbertfox. I really liked the...not sure what the word is...glitchy? quality of the drum loops you had.

After listening to some Ryoji Ikeda I was inspired to try my hand at some noise/ambient, mostly based around feedback. Headphones are necessary, be warned that some of the frequencies can get a bit earsplitting at times.
Streetlight Breath and Yellow Heat.mp3

The World viz. a Lonely Wind.mp3

Earsplitting indeed! Not much into the noise thing these days, too much of it at college!!!

Antimatter Spork

Postby Antimatter Spork » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:17 am UTC

Ooh. This looks like fun.

I've put a few of my pieces up Here.
I recommend getting the Sibelius Scorch plugin (so you can look at the scores) but I've put up MIDI files, so it isn't necessary.

Stuff that's up there (with explanations and everything):

Frolic in G: This is actually my second attempt at writing for Orchestra (though this one has a non-standard wind section, due to a bizarre mix up in terms of the ensemble I was writing for (Yay high school!). Anyway, it's scored for two flutes (second doubles piccolo), French horn, timpani, and strings. It's fast, light hearted, and (I think) fun, but some of the string chords are apparently a bit more difficult than I had thought they would be.

No Second Troy: This is a setting of a William Butler Yeats poem that I did for my composition class last year. It's written for male voice and piano. Sort of a mini-art song. I really wish that I'd had a chance to actually record a singing version of this, but all I've got is MIDI. Oh well.

Twelve Cherries: This is a choral fugue. The text is a poem that I originally thought was e.e. cummings, but it turns out it's not, and I don't know who actually wrote it. The poem is really simple. It's just the words "Twelve Cherries" followed by twelve dots. I figured it would make an ideal poem to set for a choral fugue, since each part would basically say "dot" twelve times, giving me a nice framework to structure the piece in. Of course, it turns out that to actually sing this piece would be devilishly difficult, since it requires obnoxious ranges and an ensemble large enough to stagger-breathe so that the phrases can actually be sung (since they're far too long to sing in one breath). It works kind of nicely as a keyboard fugue (though actually playing this on a keyboard presents its own challenges), so I've included a version with just the piano (the piano part in the score is just a reduction of the vocal parts meant for use in rehearsal in the extremely unlikely case that anyone ever tries to perform this).

Anyway, I decided to try something slightly less obnoxiously difficult, so then I wrote

!blac: This actually is a setting of an e.e. cummings poem. It's a cool poem, with broken up words and several consonant sounds isolated on lines of their own. I represented this in the music by directing the singers (I conceived this piece as choral, though it could just as easily be sung by a quartet of singers) to vocalize the consonants as unpitched almost percussive sounds. Unfortunately, Sibelius doesn't like my unpitched notation, and so the MIDI realizations have obnoxious notes that are actually supposed to be unpitched, but make the harmonies in the unpitched sections sound annoyingly muddy. Sorry about that.

Meditation: This is a piece for double bass and piano. It is my first attempt at writing a piece using 12-tone technique. It's not completely strict 12-tone, but there is a tone row (stated by the piano in measure 3) that most of the melodic material derives from. I actually did perform this piece last year, but unfortunately I don't know what happened to the recording, so we've still only got MIDI.

All of this stuff was written last year. I do have some newer stuff, but it's all in the extremely work in progress phase right now, so I don't really have anything to show you all.

My slow internet prevents me from listening to all the stuff in this thread, but what I've heard sounds great.
Albert Schweitzer wrote:There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — music and cats.

Raupi

Postby Raupi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:54 pm UTC

Ooookay, some of my stuff:

progressive metal. Not much more to say about this:
http://members.gaponline.de/d.mueller/m ... /Progs.mp3

some progressive rock thing I wrote a couple of months ago
http://members.gaponline.de/d.mueller/m ... 20Eyes.mp3

A song containing samples of the crossfire-episode with frank zappa about censorship and parental advisory and such:
http://members.gaponline.de/d.mueller/m ... ivided.mp3

A ballad I wrote for my girlfriend when she wasn't yet my girlfriend (obviously it worked ^^):
http://members.gaponline.de/d.mueller/m ... gs/Kia.mp3

A song divided into three parts, the first one is progreesive rock, the second is calm and the third one is chaos metal:
http://members.gaponline.de/d.mueller/m ... ourney.mp3

Also:
A song called Shredley (sounds exactly the way it sais it sounds):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvjDy6SATo

And another chaos metal piece based on Pi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwbHrKEYAA

All the guitars are recorded, the rest is MIDI. The soli are all improvised

gormster

Postby gormster » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:05 pm UTC

K so I made a promise in #xkcd-signal that I was going to go home and get baked and write some music and post it here. I did the first two, but Pro Tools is being particularly uncooperative (like, crashing my computer uncooperative). Anyway the plan was to record my heartbeat and breathing and use vocoders on them to play the melody, so here is a thing I did about a week ago that's the same idea with drums instead.

Echo Point
(also River of Bass, my band)

Bakemaster wrote:Reason is liquid sex. Did you get 4.0?

QFT. 4.0 is basically everything I ever wanted Reason to do.
Eddie Izzard wrote:And poetry! Poetry is a lot like music, only less notes and more words.

Raupi

Postby Raupi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:10 pm UTC

gormster wrote:K so I made a promise in #xkcd-signal that I was going to go home and get baked and write some music and post it here. I did the first two, but Pro Tools is being particularly uncooperative (like, crashing my computer uncooperative). Anyway the plan was to record my heartbeat and breathing and use vocoders on them to play the melody, so here is a thing I did about a week ago that's the same idea with drums instead.

I can imagine this sounding reaaally awesome when you're baking. Should try that out sometime. I was looking for interesting electronic music anyways, so this is one step forward :-))

btw, thanks for making me aware of this forum :D

Anomie

Postby Anomie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:15 pm UTC

I had a band called Soma a few years ago, i'm pretty proud of some of our recordings.
They're on http://www.myspace.com/eksoma and http://www.myspace.com/applesandproposal
The only songs I'd recommend listening to are Mirrorbox, Apples and Proposals, Chaos, House of Wax and Ethanol Dreams.
I suppose we were quite influenced by Radiohead. I still listen to the songs sometimes.
They don't sleep on the beaches anymore.

MontyRamone

Postby MontyRamone » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:38 am UTC

http://do.k.music.googlepages.com

It's also in the link in my sig. Some of our favorite songs are on the sidebar on the main page - plus, for any fellow Reason users out there, we have three most excellent refills that we made ourselves, including one from a vintage Moog synth that my school owns.

Mmmmmmmm. Crunchy.

And if you listen to nothing else, listen to "A Midsummer Night's Dream." People seem to like that one.
Music: http://do.k.music.googlepages.com (Electronica along the lines of The Postal Service, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, and so on.)

Click-to-Donate Sites (these rock.): http://do.k.music.googlepages.com/siteslist

ChocloManx

Postby ChocloManx » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:04 am UTC

MontyRamone wrote:a vintage Moog synth that my school owns.

DUDE JUST DIE OKAY.
I want to play a vintage moog :(
Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
-Ambrose Bierce

"My God, all the matter in the universe has just rapidly expanded outward, in some sort of bang."

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:56 am UTC

I haven't seen like any comments on the stuff I posted. XP. It's either too long or not in people's taste.

Well maybe they might be interested in a very interesting Window Licker remix I will be featuring in my next mix. *smirk* Along with Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger Remix that isn't from the Neptunes and actually good. hehehe. More shall come!

Edit: I actually *just* finished making it. Hope you guys can enjoy Acid House *Smirk*.

Edit 2: Done!

[Dark] Ragnarok's Matriculated Mix
Duration: (51:22) 192Bit Rate [70.5 MB]

Tracklisting:

01. Meglomaniac - KMFDM
02. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Deadmau 5 Remix) - Daft Punk
03. Lollercoaster (Deadmau 5 Outright Hilarious Mix) - BSOD
04. Community Funk (Deadmau 5 Remix) - Burufunk & Carbon Community
05. Breathe (Elite Force Remix) - Rogue Element
06. The Scream - Matteo DiMarr
07. Run (Tom Real Remix) - Strider
08. Window Licker (Kriece Remix) - Aphex Twin
09. In A State (Meat Katie vs Elite Force Mix) - U.N.K.L.E.
10. You (Elite Force Remix) - Elite Force
11. Nutron - Meat Katie & Elite Force
Last edited by Dark Ragnarok on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

5lash3r

Postby 5lash3r » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:00 am UTC

I am both happy, and also a little bummed to see that I'm not the only noisician lurking around hear. To that end, however...

I've just recently gotten to building up my analog library, and have thrown out a track or two, and am currently working on some more - I hope to have an album finished within a month or two, and maybe compile it into something decent. But we shall see.

Here's the latest finished track I have done:
Try To Think, You Can't Stop It
Note that I don't have a 'project name' yet, so I just put everything under the silly little net-handle I've made for myself.

More stuff to come when it is finished, hopefully soon including the 21 minute I recorded a little while ago.

Cheers.
I only have a signature in the hopes that, in a million years, or several, or how ever many it takes, some erstwhile wanderer of the Internet will stumble upon it, and it will give them just a moment in which to smile.

To that end: LOL BUTTS LOL

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:33 am UTC

Why does your avatar have only 6 beats in a measure of 7/8? Pickup bar?

5lash3r

Postby 5lash3r » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:51 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:Why does your avatar have only 6 beats in a measure of 7/8? Pickup bar?

It's because it's improperly notated. I noticed that seconds after I first posted in the intro thread, but I still think it looks alright anyway. The song itself, as well as the beat, are both pretty swell, and even though the notation is wonky, it looks good enough for me.
I only have a signature in the hopes that, in a million years, or several, or how ever many it takes, some erstwhile wanderer of the Internet will stumble upon it, and it will give them just a moment in which to smile.

To that end: LOL BUTTS LOL

Ren
Rockin' Robin

Postby Ren » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:10 pm UTC

I only see three eighths there...

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Postby no-genius » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:19 am UTC

Really? I see 10 dots. And lines and lines and lines and lines and lines...
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

genewitch

Postby genewitch » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:02 pm UTC

5lash3r wrote:I am both happy, and also a little bummed to see that I'm not the only noisician lurking around hear. To that end, however...

I have noise songs on my artist page (in sig); but i tend to have beats and melodies as well, anything that has "grind" in the name is a noise song, as well as "noise" (i think there's one).

So THERE.
MyMusic

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:24 pm UTC

Ren wrote:I only see three eighths there...

Gah! I had originally written "6 notes" and I thought I changed it to "3 beats" for the sake of clarity... Fail.

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:26 am UTC

The first three tracks that I'm going to use for an album are now online, in near-complete form. I've posted links to the tracks on Tindeck (thanks, Bakemaster) and a list of samples heard on my blog:

Black Plaid

Please tell me what you think!

Return to “Music”