Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Aleril
Le Rail

Re: Anime!

Postby Aleril » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:21 pm UTC

Swordfish wrote:
Aleril wrote:I think there is one reason I dont have anime

I hate the japanese language, infact, to me, everyone in a japanese voiced anime sounds the same.

You could... you know... watch the English version.

Yea, but then I feel like I am not getting the whole experience.

william
Not a Raptor. Honest.

Postby william » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:22 pm UTC

I hate the japanese language, infact, to me, everyone in a japanese voiced anime sounds the same.

Seriously, I don't understand where you people are getting the idea that this is "anime is teh sux i hate it kbye" thread. Don't like anime? Cool, fuck off. And there's no need to come in with "they all sound the same" - that's a word away from a ban right there, mister.

kbye.

No, apparently it's a "FAWNING PRAIZE ONLY" thread. Apparently we're not allowed to say anything that goes against the holy church of anime.

(bitterness and non-sequitur about Lie groups deleted)
Last edited by william on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:44 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
SecondTalon wrote:A pile of shit can call itself a delicious pie, but that doesn't make it true.

Lumpy
I can has morbid obesity?

Postby Lumpy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:30 pm UTC

The only anime I've really enjoyed watching is Death Note. There aren't many anime series that don't entirely revolve around battling of some type that I'm able to access.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 am UTC

No, apparently it's a "FAWNING PRAIZE ONLY" thread. Apparently we're not allowed to say anything that goes against the holy church of anime.

Uhh, not really. But this is not the "discuss the merits of anime/why anime sucks thread". This is for people to discuss anime - it's if there was a generalised "Talk about movies" thread and someone came in and said "Movies suck."

You can say an anime sucks, or that most anime sucks, but what's the point of coming in here just to mention that you don't enjoy it at all and have nothing to do with the conversation? Especially if you're doing it multiple times for the sake of starting a flamewar or some such thing, like Rodan.

Oh, and don't be a dick to a mod. We're spiteful, petty people.

Especially me.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:29 am UTC

Lumpy wrote:The only anime I've really enjoyed watching is Death Note. There aren't many anime series that don't entirely revolve around battling of some type that I'm able to access.

There's a lot on crunchyroll. Check there. It's like the youtube of anime.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:31 am UTC

Seriously, I don't understand where you people are getting the idea that this is "anime is teh sux i hate it kbye" thread. Don't like anime? Cool, fuck off. And there's no need to come in with "they all sound the same" - that's a word away from a ban right there, mister.

kbye.

Sorry, I guess I was being a bit too radical.

I do like anime, I just wanted to get that out, and part of it is the sadness I get when I see a perfectly good anime series get trashed by 4Kids or some of the kiddie companies.

william
Not a Raptor. Honest.

Postby william » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:31 am UTC

My suggestion is to just use fansubs and turn the sound off. If you want, play the soundtrack while watching.
SecondTalon wrote:A pile of shit can call itself a delicious pie, but that doesn't make it true.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:38 am UTC

Aleril wrote:I do like anime, I just wanted to get that out, and part of it is the sadness I get when I see a perfectly good anime series get trashed by 4Kids or some of the kiddie companies.

What is so bad about 4Kids? Or, rather, what is so good about the original version of Yu-Gi-Oh et al.?
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:21 am UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:What is so bad about 4Kids? Or, rather, what is so good about the original version of Yu-Gi-Oh et al.?

Well I found it downright painful to watch the 4kids version of One Piece as they tore the whole thing apart and added a new plot, new dialog, and everything is made "4kids".

And I know that all they want is to bring it to America, but for goodness sake just change the voice actors and be done with it.

Draverd

Postby Draverd » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:39 am UTC

I really like anime, but I did not always like it. I remember saying anime is stupid and that I hated it when I was younger. The main reason for that was because it was different, The voices, names, Drama etc... I recall back when I was about 11 my girlfriend showed me the show sailor moon, and she told me it was anime. Well after I watched it I hated anime even more. It was not until later when I was about 13 that I played a game that was based on an anime which got me slightly interested in it but I still did not like anime. Well a little later on, One day my friend came over and I watched Dragon Ball Z with him on Toonami. After watching it I really liked it...To make a long story short I watched a different anime after that and I did not like it so I had some strange mentality that all other anime is like that and I did not really watch anything else. That is until my friend dragged me along to the anime club in high school. Now I love anime. I still dont know why I thought all anime is the same because it is not.

Here are some shows and movies that I have seen and that I liked:

Akira
Animatrix
Appleseed
Azumanga Daioh
Berserk
Big O
Bleach
Blue Gender
Case Closed
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Cromartie High
Cyborg 009
Death Note
Dennou Coil
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT
Escaflowne
Escaflowne: Movie
Fatal Fury
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
FLCL (fooly cooly, furi curi,)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Movie
Fullmetal Panic
Get Backers
Ghost in the Shell
Gigantor
Grave of the Fire Flys
Great Teacher Onizuka
Gundam: Zeta
Hellsing
Hellsing: Ultimate
Howls Moving Castle
Inuyasha
Kikaider
Licensed by Royal
Love Hina
Love Hina: Again
Lupin the Third
Martian Successor Nadesico
Mahabaro
Midori No Hibi
Neon Genesis: Evangelion
One Piece
Outlaw Star
Paranoia Agent
Paprika
Patlabor
Record of the Lodus wars
Read Or Die
Rurouni Kenshin
Saiyuki
Saiyuki Reload
Samurai Champloo
s~CRY~ed
Spirited Away
Steam Boy
Street Fighter: Movie
Stratos 4
Tekken
Tenchi Muyo
Trigun
Vandread
Wild Arms T.V.
Witch Hunter Robin
Yu Yu Hakusho
Zone of the Enders

Shows I have seen that I dont like or that didnt interest me:

bo bo bo bo bo
Digimon
Geo-Armoer
Golden Boy ( O_O Perverted)
Gravitation (Yaoi >_<)
King Gainer
Naruto
Pokemon
Reign
Sailor Moon
Serial Experiment lain
Shin Chan
Wolfs Rain

Thats all I could think of at the moment.
"Men invent new ideals because they dare not attempt old ideals. They look forward with enthusiasm, because they are afraid to look back."

"Progress is a comparative of which we have not settled the superlative." G.K. Chesterton

william
Not a Raptor. Honest.

Postby william » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:30 pm UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
Aleril wrote:I do like anime, I just wanted to get that out, and part of it is the sadness I get when I see a perfectly good anime series get trashed by 4Kids or some of the kiddie companies.

What is so bad about 4Kids? Or, rather, what is so good about the original version of Yu-Gi-Oh et al.?

4Kids is known for cutting entire segments of plot out to make things "child-friendly", e.g. removing any scene where somebody dies.

paperbird

Postby paperbird » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:51 pm UTC

I like some...
red or die
bebop
gankutsou
hunterxhunter
samurai camploo
samurai 7
... at least those are the anime I think are good, I have do nostalgic love for some others =)

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:40 am UTC

william wrote:
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:

4Kids is known for cutting entire segments of plot out to make things "child-friendly", e.g. removing any scene where somebody dies.

Yes, but it's not like they were very good in the first place.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:31 am UTC

SOoooo finished Nana and now i need to read the manga to see what else happens or they need to get on a season 2 like now.

Also finished Black Lagoon - that is probably the most bad ass anime i've seen since Trigun. HOLY ARMS RUNNING NUNS. literally. bwwwuuuhhuhuhhhhh.

right now i'm off and on watching Trinity Blood and Avatar (not anime but wtvr.) Basilisk didnt turn out nearly as good as i had hoped.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:36 am UTC

Seen the Basilisk live action film Shinobi: Heart Under Blade? It is holy awesome.

Anyone watched the second season of Black Lagoon? I dunno if I can be fucked, the last two episodes of season 1 were hella yawn for me.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:42 pm UTC

... This should be split into another topic except I can never figure out how the fuck that stuff works. STFU for now and I'll call in another mod.

All discussion of kanji, etc. has been split and moved to linguistics forum. - Hodge
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15396

Which then got merged into here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14976

Stief

Postby Stief » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:18 am UTC

I recently got into Death Note, and I love it ^_^

Chobits is also rather good, so much so, it had me thinking how to make a persicom...I concluded I need vast robotics knowledge, also advanced knowledge on A.I and enough money for a 'real doll' (wiki or google it...Warning: nsfw :B)
I wouldn't use the real doll for...that...:P

Lucky Star is also in my favourites ^_^ Konata=legend
bbctol wrote:There is a term for what you have created. I believe it is "Dude- that shit is EPIC."

Teknobo wrote:Seriously, try flying down the street in Need for Speed while listening to the bicycle theme from Pokémon. It's beyond fantastic.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:45 am UTC

Stief wrote:Lucky Star is also in my favourites ^_^ Konata=legend

YES.... THAT.... = 100% True.

... >>;... I love that show emotional too much for my won good. Too bad Haruhi won in goodness by just a smidge margin in overall.

So...i just finished Code Geass.

I have a couple comments. One. This Show beats all of Death Note. Second. Ep 22, made me very very very crazy. I never had a show ever in my life shake me up sooooooooooooooooo bad in terms of .... *ahem*

Spoiler:
Accidents.... (yes vague but still if you watch it this can say a lot once you get too right before this Ep.)

Like. Holyyyyyyyyyyyy fucking god. That. Seriously. Made that show extremely good. And then the ending left me speechless and needing more. THAT is soemthing that needs to be finished.

So people. Watch Code Geass. NOW. O_O!

I also finished school days, and Dokuro Chan season and 1/2 of season 2. School Days is a very addicting High School Drama based off an H Game. I ave to say its a very well done drama. I got very very hooked on it. Much suspense and cliff hangers. Dokuro Chan is 2x the wackiness of FLCL, but sooooo much perversion and loli. I think it rated R. However I promise its nothing that bad. Just incredibly funny stupid and worth watching. its only 4 20 minute sessions for each season. Every 12 minutes is an Ep.

The one who watched Black Lagoon. Rule 37. In Anime a maid will always be bad ass in some fashion. Also, for me nothing beats those horrid twins from 13-15. O mai jeezus. Its satan incarnate. But .... so good.

O and Black Lagoon Season 2? I'm getting ready to DL it soon. Very soon. I also will slightly agree with you. I think the ending was good but yes... A yawning bit.... But still the series was very good.

Minalth

Postby Minalth » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:18 am UTC

Black Lagoon was awesome at first then got less good and I gave up. I think I stopped after the 2nd series...

Full Metal Panic was the same. OK at first then FLCL was lame (and completely different) and the series after that resorted to crazy violence to hold attention.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:50 am UTC

You did NOT just say FLCL was lame!
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:09 am UTC

Almost all of my fav anime stuff has been mentioned. And man, I'm really craving some NGE or Lain, now, too long without anime. (I have FMA, but I'm not sure I could watch the whole 50+ episodes again. Especially not when I've read the Manga.)

One show that is kind of a guilty pleasure: Chrono Crusade. Fan service, glorious fan service in period dress.

Um, yeah.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:47 am UTC

For some reason, whenever anyone lists their favorite anime, there's always one title hidden in there which is basically just fanservice. Everyone has a guilty Anime pleasure, although mine is Manga; Love Hina.

(I don't know if the same principle applies to teh femalez...)
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:03 am UTC

In terms of fanservice, i think i enjoyed Negima more. Manga wise. Actually make that both anime and manga wise.

pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!

Postby pieaholicx » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:09 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:For some reason, whenever anyone lists their favorite anime, there's always one title hidden in there which is basically just fanservice. Everyone has a guilty Anime pleasure, although mine is Manga; Love Hina.

(I don't know if the same principle applies to teh femalez...)

I'd say that Ikki Tousen is way more fan service. That show has 9 panty shots in the opening alone. Not to mention those in the actual show.
It's okay, I'm Chaotic Neutral. I can kill him over the loot.
Overexposure to pieaholicx may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.

McLovin

Postby McLovin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:43 pm UTC

While I may very well have missed it, I've seen very little mention of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, and it deserves more attention =x. Out of the series I've seen (Ones I remember at the moment: YuYu Hakusho, FullMetal Alchemist, Death Note, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Outlaw Star, Pretear, Naruto, Bleach), nothing has sucked me in like Higurashi. Hell.
Spoiler:
The first two minutes of the series is one of the main characters beating two of the others to a bloody pulp with a baseball bat. And then it's SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME! For a few episodes, anyway.

The series is an adaptation of the seven(?) games of the same name, and WILL be confusing as hell to any that watch it--but that's part of what makes it interesting. And while the first series doesn't finish the story, it's currently being continued in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. For those who've seen it...how is it? I haven't touched Kai yet >_>

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:55 pm UTC

Harmonixer wrote:
Spoiler:
The first two minutes of the series is one of the main characters beating two of the others to a bloody pulp with a baseball bat. And then it's SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME! For a few episodes, anyway.

Sounds a bit like Elfen Lied, in that way.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:47 pm UTC

I've seen enough of Higurashi to say it has the blood/violence of elfen lied but its not nearly the same kind of anime. Elfen lied was solid and not that fast paced. Higurashi is like a massive trip of wtfing half the time.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 pm UTC

Jesus I forgot I started this thread...

Anyway, my new obsession: Lucky Star

I can't help laugh at how cute they're drawn and at their cute voices... I love all the girls but Misao, Konata and Kuroi are my favorite xD. I could watch the series 10 times over and still love it.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:09 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Jesus I forgot I started this thread...

I can't help laugh at how cute they're drawn and at their cute voices... I love all the girls but Misao, Konata and Kuroi are my favorite xD. I could watch the series 10 times over and still love it.

QFT

But if you like that. You should watch Haruhi, because almost every episode of Lucky Star references that show (the predecessor).

Damn guys, I thought Code Geass was great, but now after getting almost done with Higurashi.... ....

It's.... so....

...... it's practically the perfect horror/tragedy.

Be wary, the episodes run in arcs, so nothing is in a solid chronological order. But .... this show is soooooo dark.... It's like a cross of Donnie Darko with Silent Hill, then add 30% more blood, 25% more suspense, and 100% more irony.

Guys Higurashi is one seriously great, but messed up series. And... i'm still left extremely speechless after the last Eps i watched.... it was very hard to watch it.

its-m3

Postby its-m3 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:57 am UTC

I think I started getting into anime when I started to really like Avatar: the Last Airbender, and, I know, most people don't consider this an anime, but, it's what got me into anime. Anyway, from there, it was either Blood+ or Naruto, I don't remember which I started to watch first. I finished Blood+, (which was an excellent series when I was watching it, but, rewatching some episodes on adult swim when it's on, it's not as good and even kind of annoying), and started watching Death Note and got stuck on the last two episodes. I know how it ends, but I just haven't watched it yet. Near the end of Death note, I started watching FMA and got stuck on, like, the 27th episode. Now, I've seen what there is of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I'm currently a big fan of Bleach.
(I've also seen the first two or three episodes of Lucky Star, but, I probably won't finish it... ever.)

This all took place in about a year, I think...
If you wanna make a mythical creature, just add wings to a regular creature. A horse becomes a pegasus, a lion becomes a griffin, and a hawk becomes a double hawk.

Yliatas

Postby Yliatas » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:33 am UTC

I can't say I was truly into anime until I was 12. I'm actually my school's Anime Club president. However, I also am a critic of mainstream anime and a lot of anime in general. Too many overused plots and when there is dubbing, it makes such anime unbearable to watch.

The first series I actually liked was Sailor Moon and then followed Pokemon, Digimon, etc.

Currently, I prefer reading manga to anime since a lot of the anime I watch are censored or are not drawn well enough for my tastes.

BUT! There are a few anime series out there that I love:

Trinity Blood (Isaak! <3)
Kyou Kara Maoh
Hellsing Ultimate
GTO

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:19 am UTC

Ah so I finished the first season of Higurashi.

And. I finished 1-19 of season 2.

And i cried. twice. on the second season.

It's that fucking. Ugh. I never have ever been so moved by a show before.

Again. First season. 10/10. Second season. 11/10 on some parts, but sometimes a 7/10 on others. Otherwise worth watching.... ESPECIALLY FOR HANYUUUU!!!

KaWaIIII!, Omochikari!

Nobo

Postby Nobo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:46 am UTC

Higurashi is good, although I prefer the first season to the second since some of the creepy atmosphere is lost after the important plot points get revealed.

Has anyone watched Monster? It's about a German neurosurgeon who operates on a boy who becomes a serial killer. 74 episodes is long and it's somewhat atypical in not having any fantasy elements at all but the plot is very interesting. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for some sort of drama/suspense/mystery anime.

Rook

Postby Rook » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:56 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Jesus I forgot I started this thread...

Lucky Star is brilliant, to me on the order of XKCD in terms of mind-reading humour. Many a conversation I've had runs almost exactly the same as the random two or three scene discourses they have.

I've recently gotten into Shakugan no Shana, and I must say I'm loving it. The first few episodes are quite refreshingly dark, though various plot devices have drained out quite a lot of the bleakness at this point, and I'm still waiting for the main plot to start 8 episodes into season 2. But it's generally pretty good, and the seiyu are brilliant (that's actually how I found it, by searching for other shows with the same seiyu as another series I'd just finished and enjoyed immensely).

The only thing I find annoying (mostly about myself with regard to this) is that since I watch online, if there's a break of more than about 2 weeks between one ep and the next, I tend to accidentally stop watching, and often quite near to the end is what's more (annoying example 1: I got to about ep50 of FMA, then was forced to stop because I couldn't find any working videos after that. I didn't find out until recently how close I was to the end, but it's been so long I can't remember what happened, so I can't just carry on. But neither more can I be arsed watching it all again. [/gripe])
You scratch my lion, and I'll scratch yours.

mattmacf wrote:Action precedes motivation.

This is very, very important.

Plutokiss

Postby Plutokiss » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:22 pm UTC

Nobo wrote:Higurashi is good, although I prefer the first season to the second since some of the creepy atmosphere is lost after the important plot points get revealed.

I completely agree. I just finished the first season just last week and have moved onto the second season. Although the second season explains a lot of things that the first season did not, it doesn't have the horror and the psychological effect that came with the original. I think the show was more or less ruined when they introduced the theory/idea of:
Spoiler:
aliens, parasites, or alternate universes (although it does help to explain why Maebara-kun dies several times; that was slightly confusing). I liked the idea of everyone just going crazy at various times.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:01 pm UTC

I'm not going to lie. Second season is *different* but it's not any worse than the first. You had to understand how it was divided. But I particularly give the second season a lot of credit for moving me to tears which is extremely rare for me.

But in any case, I'll leave it at that the first season is more consistent in style and flow. Versus second having some great points more so than the first but at the same not as thrilling as the first. But thrillers don;t equate to being better. Just something that grabs your attention more.

Shana at first was disappointing and then it picked up a lot. So I like it but somehow it feels a little off. For me it stands at a 7.5/10 ad i'm on ep 17 right now.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:25 am UTC

Rook wrote:Lucky Star is brilliant, to me on the order of XKCD in terms of mind-reading humour.

Quoted for Truth.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:20 am UTC

And thirded

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:24 am UTC

Dark Ragnarok wrote:And thirded

By the way, have you checked out the Lucky Star Albums?

One of the songs is called "Lolita Teikoku Bisho-jo Taitei" which translates to something like "Bishoujo Empress of Lolita Empire". And it's sung by Konata, Yutaka and Minami on the album "Lucky Star Character Song Vol.010 - Mune Pettan Girls" hahaha.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

schrodingersduck

Postby schrodingersduck » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:31 pm UTC

I currently like "Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei" (Goodbye Mr. Despair) and "Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro" (Demon Detective Neuro). Zetsubo is about this wildly-depressed, suicide-obsessed teacher, who teaches a class full of misfit children (the hyper-optimist, the litigious foreigner, the animal-tail fetishist, the illegal immigrant etc.), while Neuro is about this demon who eats mysteries and solves crimes using his various "777 Tools of Hell", the mysteries are also either ridiculously simple (the culprit was connected to all the crimes AND caught on CCTV committing them, yet it takes the whole episode for the case to get solved!) or impossible (Neuro just randomly points out some background character he's never met before and then explains the entire crime without any clues or evidence!), and invariably end with the culprit turning into a giant monster! They are both good, silly, fun, and both have incredibly good opening themes (although Zetsubo just replaced their's with this dull piece of J-pop - presumably a starting sequence with yuri and suicide scenes doesn't go down well with the censors...)

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”