Suitable movie to watch nonstop for 24 hours

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

^_^

Re: Suitable movie to watch nonstop for 24 hours

Postby ^_^ » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 am UTC

big boss wrote:On another note:
the human centipede, google a synopsis, i assure you its a real movie and they are making a sequel... the world is a scary place.

Jesus christ, I watched the trailer for that a few months back and was just... In shock. It seems these days that the 'strange and bizarre' have overtaken a bit much. People tend to be of the opinion that as long as their idea is weird it will be embraced by the public. Which is often true, sadly. Human Centipede is an interesting concept on the surface, but just downright weird and ridiculous. And as much as they claim its medically accurate... I highly doubt anyone with a med degree would fail to notice the potential danger it causes, specifically to all parts of the centipede who aren't the head, especially regarding their method of... 'food' consumption. A lotttt more changes would have to be made than simply connecting them if he wants it to work... Mayhaps I will swing my study back in the direction of biology and fix the human centipede idea... Don't be surprised if you see me on the news in the upcoming years in relation to a series of deaths :twisted:

onix888 wrote:Back to the future. Every single time i see this movie i find new interesting detail that make the movie even more impressive and entertaining and watchig trilogy many times in 24 hours would make this even more interesting.

I greatly agree with the idea of Back to the Future, onix888 :D One of my all time favourite movies, though, as with many trilogies, I can't help but love the first movie the most. :roll:

Switch31

Postby Switch31 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:47 pm UTC

How about "The Room" by Tommy Wiseau. Insanity might ensue. Then again, you might gleen some truths about the universe.

Mat

Postby Mat » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:51 am UTC

Switch31 wrote:How about "The Room" by Tommy Wiseau. Insanity might ensue. Then again, you might gleen some truths about the universe.

Oh hell yes.

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Postby no-genius » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:12 pm UTC

Dream wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:Then again, after about the eighth viewing, you're no longer watching the film are instead deconstructing the shots and coming up with different interpretations based on the social, economic, and political situations of the late 90s.

Perhaps. But if you want to harness the true power of repeated viewing of light comedy, you have to go with the only movie that can treat Bosnian war PTSD: Dodgeball. It's layered like that.

Yeah, but after the third viewing or so, it doesn't really get any funnier.

If it existed, I'd choose Infinite Jest (V?). Although it would be more 'movie to watch until you eventually starve/ run out of fingers'. (Another film that D.N.E. but totally should is The Navidson Record) Other than that, maybe Alien, Alien3, Serenity (which I would totally watch a 24-hour version of - I'd watch 24 hours of Summer Glau beating the crap out of people), and totally Waking Life. It would be a total mindfuck if you kept waking up at the end.
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:13 pm UTC

I have to go with Primer, because then maybe, MAYBE, I could figure out what the fuck happened.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Postby no-genius » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:14 pm UTC

Nah, the tireder you got, the harder it would be to work it out.
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

Digitbig

Postby Digitbig » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:31 pm UTC

Wayne's World.

*runs for cover*

stillfocus

Postby stillfocus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:51 am UTC

McLovin wrote:Speaking for Cartoon Network: The Iron Giant! Because it's totally good enough for a 24 hour marathon.

This. I had a little brother who made us watch it over and over and over. It was a horrifying experience but made me a man at age 7. And the worst part? It happened once a year, and every year it felt like it had been too soon since last time.

In all seriousness, if you're going to pull it off I think the Lion King would be a good choice. Most people've seen it so you wouldn't have to waste mental energy seeing it for the first time. That or Aladdin I could probably do.

t-note

Postby t-note » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:46 pm UTC

akashra wrote:The first time I saw 'Garden State', I watched it another 3 times within the first 48 hours. I think it's reasonable to therefore I could bear watching it the 14ish times it would fill in a 24 hour block.

My husband would so go for that.

^_^ wrote:Hmmm fairly sure I've come close to 24 hours straight of Fight Club viewing. Was excellent. Would totally do that again :D
Orrrr Sweeney Todd. Or maybe Donnie Darko. Or something somewhat long but equally awesome, like The Dark Knight ^_^

once gain, my husband would agree, accept for the dark knight. I would so NOT pick donnie darko because the bunny suit for some reason brings a horror from my deep dark psychie that I seem to have mostly blocked out of my memories.

My picks would be these:

24 hour watching-
~blade runner
~the dark crystal (A- jim henson rocks! B- there is always some detail I missed that makes the movie that much cooler)
~Usual suspects
~monty python and the holey grail
~life of brian
~Sneakers
~dirty deeds
~Rocky Horror picture show
~Rent Lola Rent (run lola run in german with subtitles)
~any old black and white mystery movie where the leading lady is in trouble and the detective or friend is trying to puzzle it out with her.
~.hack/sign
~Demon city
~Jurrasic Park
~Vampire Hunter D
~John Carpenters Vampires
~Bruce lee Enter the Dragon
~Kung Pow enter the fist

modularblues

Postby modularblues » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:09 am UTC

Ivora wrote:The Lion King. :D I have watched it for 2 and a half days. Practically flawless movie. :P

Best Disney classic IMHO. I actually went to a theater and watched the 3D version... nowadays I jump at any opportunity to relive my childhood, or lack thereof.

A few days ago I would have watched The Prestige or Memento or The Butterfly Effect on loop, although that's like hooking on an I.V. drop of 50/50 mix 150-proof alcohol and espresso...

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:44 pm UTC

No love for Syncdoche, New York? It's definitely a movie that benefits from repeated watching, and probably gets better with sleep deprivation.

rabidmuskrat

Postby rabidmuskrat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:55 pm UTC

If you include experimental films there are a few options out there that wouldn't even require multiple viewings or even finishing the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lo ... nning_time

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:26 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:No love for Syncdoche, New York? It's definitely a movie that benefits from repeated watching, and probably gets better with sleep deprivation.

That's a really good idea.

Postby AvatarIII » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:53 pm UTC

Watchmen The Ultimate Cut would be a good one, not only has it got a good variety of things to see, action, plot, even animated segments, it's got a good soundtrack, and it's 3h35m long, so you'd only have to watch it (almost) 7 times.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 pm UTC

Princess Bride. It wouldn't be torture at all. Just a Saturday.

I think 24 hours of Inception would give me a massive headache, not because I don't get it, but because the more I watch it, the more flaws I see, and therefore, by the end, it would make no sense to me.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”