Toonami

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Jayngfet

Toonami

Postby Jayngfet » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:24 am UTC

As of today toonami has been pulled off the airwaves. A new friday block has been set up for a premiere Oct.3. Little is known about it but it will have Ben 10, Clone wars, The secret saturdays, and batman:the brave and the bold.

Toonami still has jetstream.

Girdot

Re: Toonami

Postby Girdot » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:46 am UTC

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:08 pm UTC

Toonami died the day they stopped showing anime and Samurai Jack. They just pulled the plug on this vegetative hunk of TV.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

Intercept

Postby Intercept » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:35 pm UTC

Yeah, it was still kind of sad though. It was a memorable part of my childhood and I'll miss it. Goodbye, Tom.
"I've always supported pudding, even when it was politically unpopular to do so."-Bill Nye Video

lorenith

Postby lorenith » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:58 pm UTC

Narsil wrote:Toonami died the day they stopped showing anime and Samurai Jack. They just pulled the plug on this vegetative hunk of TV.

You do realize there was a point when Toonami showed little to no anime at it's start right?

They showed things like Swat Kats, Godzilla, and Thundercats, Reboot and the host was Moltar from space ghost.

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:24 pm UTC

lorenith wrote:
Narsil wrote:Toonami died the day they stopped showing anime and Samurai Jack. They just pulled the plug on this vegetative hunk of TV.

You do realize there was a point when Toonami showed little to no anime at it's start right?

They showed things like Swat Kats, Godzilla, and Thundercats, Reboot and the host was Moltar from space ghost.

I actually liked it that way. Moltar was straight awesome.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

Jayngfet

Postby Jayngfet » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:38 am UTC

Screw cartoon network, we'll make ou're own damn Toonami!

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Toonami_Rev ... /index.php

Though in honesty, judging by the fact that we and our audience are outside their demographic, using shows they don't even rerun(and I'm trying to get them off even those), with a different ship and body. I say we have a decent shot at this.

lorenith

Postby lorenith » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:12 am UTC

Megatriorchis wrote:I actually liked it that way. Moltar was straight awesome.

I'm not sure if that makes us kind of old or not to remember it back in those days. I'm only 22 though..that's not old!

But a lot of people seem to think Tom was all Toonami ever had. Although I hear his last iteration was....scary.

mosc
Doesn't care what you think.

Postby mosc » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:25 am UTC

Toonami died when they stopped having new DBZ episodes to show. There, I said it. It's the program that DBZ built.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

Intercept

Postby Intercept » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:41 am UTC

mosc wrote:Toonami died when they stopped having new DBZ episodes to show. There, I said it. It's the program that DBZ built.

Yeah, it's pretty fair to say that was the main reason it had its success. Not that other animes like Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, and Tenchi didn't help, but a large majority of the ratings were obviously from DBZ.
"I've always supported pudding, even when it was politically unpopular to do so."-Bill Nye Video

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:17 pm UTC

It's hard to say when exactly it died, but it was easy to tell when the network realized it was dead, and that's when they changed Tom into a used-future industrial robot with Disney eyes.
500%!

Intercept

Postby Intercept » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:10 am UTC

Klapaucius wrote:It's hard to say when exactly it died, but it was easy to tell when the network realized it was dead, and that's when they changed Tom into a used-future industrial robot with Disney eyes.

I'd say the move away from the weekdays is when toonami died the first time if I was hard pressed to pick.

Kag

Postby Kag » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:57 pm UTC

Narsil wrote:Toonami died the day they stopped showing anime and Samurai Jack.

The whole world died a little when Samurai Jack stopped playing.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:42 pm UTC

Kag wrote:
Narsil wrote:Toonami died the day they stopped showing anime and Samurai Jack.

The whole world died a little when Samurai Jack stopped playing.

They've been rerunning it, actually.
But they might stop for that Clone Wars series, which is ironic, since it's a bastardization of another Tartakovsky series.
500%!

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”