Transformers Animated

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:34 am UTC

TF: Animated is the newest Tranformers series up to date. Upon first glance it looks like a piece of crap with the animation and the size of the robots, but after a few episodes it starts becoming more of a revamp of G1 making it the second most liked Transformers TV series (no I'm not kidding). I resented it until I saw an episode on Cartoon Network revealing to me that it wasn't that bad and started watching the episodes on YouTube, where I noticed that the horrible animation just makes for an awesome looking transformation (both in the toys and the show). Transformers: Animated has all of the original characters in newer forms, newer ways of coming into existance, and even a replica of both the G1 storyline and the Movie storyline. With all this to consider whats your position on this series. (Yes, I know it's a child show but old G1 fans watch it too)
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:38 am UTC

My child likes it, and as an old G1 fan, I don't acknowledge this show's existence. My son just watches a blank screen for 30 minutes.

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:43 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:My child likes it, and as an old G1 fan, I don't acknowledge this show's existence. My son just watches a blank screen for 30 minutes.

I can list the ep.s that have relevance to the plot line and those are all the ones similar to G1, but there are alot of filler episodes which are extremely lame and kinda give the show a bad reputation.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:50 am UTC

Except for the bad animation, bad dialogue, bad voice acting, and... well, bad animation, it would be pretty good, yeah.

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:56 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Except for the bad animation, bad dialogue, bad voice acting, and... well, bad animation, it would be pretty good, yeah.

Dialogue isn't as bad as you'd think just cheesy as always is the case with Super Heroes/Villains, voice acting yeah horrible but I don't really have a problem with anyone's new voice but Prime's his voice sucks. Well all the Autobots do look like crap, 'cept the Dinobots, as for decepticons I think the new one's are pretty awesome looking, Megatron, Blitzwing, Soundwave, Lugnut, Swindle, etc. all look awesome.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

Jack Saladin
X is kiss
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:22 am UTC
Location: Aotearoa

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Jack Saladin » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:11 am UTC

So fucking terrible. I actually like kids cartoons, but this is just facepalmingly bad.

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:30 pm UTC

*gasp* Someone on my side during an argument of opinions? Holy crap, this has never happened before!

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:10 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:So fucking terrible. I actually like kids cartoons, but this is just facepalmingly bad.


If I link you to a good episode I guarantee after you watch it you will be hooked.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:57 pm UTC

They would have to make one first. I'll give it a try.

User avatar
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist
Posts: 8635
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Basingstoke, England.
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Jesse » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:27 pm UTC

Don't trust it MJ. It's terrible.

As for you saying the dialogue is cheesy like all superhero things. Batman: The Animated Series.

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:39 am UTC

Jesse wrote: Batman: The Animated Series.

Best superhero cartoon of the 90's (amazingly, it edges out The Tick and Freakazoid and Mighty Max on my personal list).

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:45 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:
Jesse wrote: Batman: The Animated Series.

Best superhero cartoon of the 90's (amazingly, it edges out The Tick and Freakazoid and Mighty Max on my personal list).


1, we're speaking of TF:A and 2, no way it was X-Men!
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:16 am UTC

1, We were speaking of TF:A, and then you brought up "all Super Heroes / Villains" and we proved you wrong. Don't get all uppity.

and 2... seriously?

User avatar
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist
Posts: 8635
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Basingstoke, England.
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Jesse » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:54 am UTC

X-Men was nowhere near the class of B:AM.

Also, MJ. Si, Falco is dead. Amadeus Amadeus, he is dead.


User avatar
Narsil
Ask me about my junk!
Posts: 2995
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm UTC
Location: Columbus.

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Narsil » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:1, We were speaking of TF:A, and then you brought up "all Super Heroes / Villains" and we proved you wrong. Don't get all uppity.

and 2... seriously?
Yeah, let's talk bad animation and cheesy dialogue for a second. X-Men was ass.

As for this show, I watched it once and it ended with a moral about not lying or something. Keep your damn morals out of my TV. Rawr.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

User avatar
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist
Posts: 8635
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Basingstoke, England.
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Jesse » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:24 pm UTC

Except when they're Captain Planet morals, amirite?

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:49 pm UTC

And today's moral is: brown kids get the lame leftover superpowers!

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 pm UTC

I was not trying bring up all super heroes I was simply comparing the dialogue to it and did any one of you watch the episodes?
P.S. I found out the reason for bad animation, it's too make it look like a cartoon instead of just a drawing of real life, which is why it is called Animated.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:30 pm UTC

So animation has to be bad animation, so it doesn't look like it's an animated representation of reality?

...

Wha...?

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:So animation has to be bad animation, so it doesn't look like it's an animated representation of reality?

...

Wha...?


No, the representation of reality was every series before, this is the only one that truly looks like a modern day cartoon.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 pm UTC

When that becomes a good thing, let me know.

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:When that becomes a good thing, let me know.


Eh, forget the animation I got past it a month ago, did you at least watch the episode though?
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

Klapaucius
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Klapaucius » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:01 pm UTC

I can't make any specific arguments in the show's favor, but one of the episodes featured a smooth-talking con man Transformer who was voiced by Fred Willard. I approve of this, no matter the circumstances.
500%!

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 pm UTC

Klapaucius wrote:I can't make any specific arguments in the show's favor, but one of the episodes featured a smooth-talking con man Transformer who was voiced by Fred Willard. I approve of this, no matter the circumstances.


Ahh, your talkin about that dumb ass episode SUV, the one with all the human villains but 1, and Swindel.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

Klapaucius
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Klapaucius » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

PyroniusRex wrote:
Klapaucius wrote:I can't make any specific arguments in the show's favor, but one of the episodes featured a smooth-talking con man Transformer who was voiced by Fred Willard. I approve of this, no matter the circumstances.


Ahh, your talkin about that dumb ass episode SUV, the one with all the human villains but 1, and Swindel.


It was a terrible, terrible episode, even by the show's standards.

But Fred Willard delivering lines like "Yyyeah, got that reverse-polarity ion shield back on planet Vaxis, I'll mark it down twenty percent if you buy it now" is undeniably entertaining.
500%!

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:52 am UTC

Klapaucius wrote:
PyroniusRex wrote:
Klapaucius wrote:I can't make any specific arguments in the show's favor, but one of the episodes featured a smooth-talking con man Transformer who was voiced by Fred Willard. I approve of this, no matter the circumstances.


Ahh, your talkin about that dumb ass episode SUV, the one with all the human villains but 1, and Swindel.


It was a terrible, terrible episode, even by the show's standards.

But Fred Willard delivering lines like "Yyyeah, got that reverse-polarity ion shield back on planet Vaxis, I'll mark it down twenty percent if you buy it now" is undeniably entertaining.


Wtf that was the best episode in the whole series do I have to show you the worst one 'cuz, it just might be that one with Fred Willard.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image


User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:51 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It... it wasn't that good.


Must I bring a comparison up? How about I compare the first episode of G1 to the first episode of this series? You will see that this show is done better, nevermind forget it but you said that good refferring to it being partially good so I'm fine with that.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

Klapaucius
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Klapaucius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:56 pm UTC

The show isn't very good when it tries to introduce human villains into the cast, but when it's just Autobots and Decepticons, it can get pretty good. The season finale, for example, was great.

PyroniusRex wrote:
Klapaucius wrote:
PyroniusRex wrote:
Klapaucius wrote:I can't make any specific arguments in the show's favor, but one of the episodes featured a smooth-talking con man Transformer who was voiced by Fred Willard. I approve of this, no matter the circumstances.


Ahh, your talkin about that dumb ass episode SUV, the one with all the human villains but 1, and Swindel.


It was a terrible, terrible episode, even by the show's standards.

But Fred Willard delivering lines like "Yyyeah, got that reverse-polarity ion shield back on planet Vaxis, I'll mark it down twenty percent if you buy it now" is undeniably entertaining.


Wtf that was the best episode in the whole series do I have to show you the worst one 'cuz, it just might be that one with Fred Willard.


You misunderstand us. The one you're saying is the best episode and the one you're saying is the worst episode are the same episode.
500%!

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:59 pm UTC

He likes Transformers: Animated... take it easy on him. He doesn't have very good sensory processing abilities.

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:35 pm UTC

Klapaucius wrote:The show isn't very good when it tries to introduce human villains into the cast, but when it's just Autobots and Decepticons, it can get pretty good. The season finale, for example, was great.

PyroniusRex wrote:
Klapaucius wrote:
PyroniusRex wrote:
Klapaucius wrote:I can't make any specific arguments in the show's favor, but one of the episodes featured a smooth-talking con man Transformer who was voiced by Fred Willard. I approve of this, no matter the circumstances.


Ahh, your talkin about that dumb ass episode SUV, the one with all the human villains but 1, and Swindel.


It was a terrible, terrible episode, even by the show's standards.

But Fred Willard delivering lines like "Yyyeah, got that reverse-polarity ion shield back on planet Vaxis, I'll mark it down twenty percent if you buy it now" is undeniably entertaining.


Wtf that was the best episode in the whole series do I have to show you the worst one 'cuz, it just might be that one with Fred Willard.


You misunderstand us. The one you're saying is the best episode and the one you're saying is the worst episode are the same episode.


Oh you were saying that the one with Fred Willard was horrible, and that the episode I linked you guys too was alright?

And MJ, no need to insult my capabilities just because I like a certain show.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:41 pm UTC

I meant it to be funny. :)

And no, you've called the Fred Willard episode the best, and the worst, in the same post.

Klapaucius
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Klapaucius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 pm UTC

PyroniusRex wrote:Oh you were saying that the one with Fred Willard was horrible, and that the episode I linked you guys too was alright?


I meant that the episode with Fred Willard was horrible, except for the parts with Fred Willard.
500%!

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:03 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I meant it to be funny. :)

And no, you've called the Fred Willard episode the best, and the worst, in the same post.

No we all got mixed up, the Swindel episode sucked, the season 2 finale ruled.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

Klapaucius
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Klapaucius » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

PyroniusRex wrote:
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I meant it to be funny. :)

And no, you've called the Fred Willard episode the best, and the worst, in the same post.

No we all got mixed up, the Swindel episode sucked, the season 2 finale ruled.


Riight.

Megatron wrote:Transform and RISE UP!
500%!

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:27 pm UTC

Ok, I have to give the show props for one thing:

Last night my son watched the episode with Wreck-Gar and at first I was mad because if it's not Eric Idle, it's just not right, BUT... Wierd Al did the voice for Wreck-Gar, and I almost plotzed when he said "I am Wreck-Gar. I dare to be stupid!"

Rest of the ep sucked.

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:03 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Ok, I have to give the show props for one thing:

Last night my son watched the episode with Wreck-Gar and at first I was mad because if it's not Eric Idle, it's just not right, BUT... Wierd Al did the voice for Wreck-Gar, and I almost plotzed when he said "I am Wreck-Gar. I dare to be stupid!"

Rest of the ep sucked.


I hated that episode 'cuz it had a human villain but I liked the part where Wreckgar did the international greeting and went in for a hand shake with Lugnut's detonator hand.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 am UTC
Location: In the making.

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby Zak » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:13 am UTC

I saw approx. 30 seconds of it while flipping through channels. I stopped to check it out and immediatly changed channels after hearing bumblebee's new shit-gargling, piss-swilling voice.
*waggles eyebrows*

User avatar
PyroniusRex
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:08 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Transformers Animated

Postby PyroniusRex » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:06 am UTC

Z.A.K wrote:I saw approx. 30 seconds of it while flipping through channels. I stopped to check it out and immediatly changed channels after hearing bumblebee's new shit-gargling, piss-swilling voice.


His old voice sucked, who cares if it was the original I'm sick of people saying everything about G1 was awesome, it was just because it was the first in all actuality G1 could be considered as on of the worst of any of the series' but guess what this show is like a reincarnation of G1. Also, too me personally the comics will always be the best versions, no mistakes, usually a different better storyline and it came first.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!
Image


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests