Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Re: Minecraft

Postby Steax » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 am UTC

You can also use the spare server for adventure map runs. I think that'd be pretty awesome.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:14 am UTC

If I had more time, I would. So y'all build the castles and shit, and I'll come up with goals, eventually, and change it back to adventure instead of creative.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 am UTC

I'm not dead. No usurping my kingdom. Also, definitely no angering my secret sheep god statue. For that would mean digging too deep and greedily.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 am UTC

The project is to replicate Britain right now.

here is a map.

I have also invited /r/ultima to join in.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Feylias

Enchanting books

Postby Feylias » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:57 pm UTC

Frustrated with enchanting books/armor and getting what I saw as useless enchants, I have been experimenting with enchanting books at level 1 and then combining those books on an anvil for higher levels with precision.
Blagtiem:
Spoiler:
Enchanting armor and tools directly gives a bonus to the enchant's level, but I want to stack enchantments and so need books.

According to the wiki it costs 17 XP to advance one XP level (henceforth XPL) until you make level 16, so there's no loss of efficiency by saving up 16 levels and spending them incrementally. I just learned this, and it's a load off my mind.

Enchanting books at level one will only get you a shot at Protection 1, Efficiency 1, Power 1, Aqua Affinity, Sharpness 1, or Power 1. According to this wiki page I might get better results starting at level 5, 10, or 15 in order to get a shot at higher enchantments.

Adding two level 1 books (okay, roman numeral I, henceforth r1) costs 2 XPL on the anvil, r2+r2 = 5XPL, r3+r3 = 7XPL, and r4+r4 = 10XPL.

To put together an r5 book (Sharpness, power, or efficiency) you will spend 16 books, 76 XPL (or 16(1xpl)+8(2xpl)+4(5xpl)+2(7xpl)+10xpl, which is relevant if you spend down from level 17 or greater), and 31 trips to the anvil/enchantment room.

r4 is 8 books, 15 trips to the workshop, and 33 XPL.

Note that these trips to the workshop are also typically opportunities for your anvil to get damaged.

*Note: I just combined r4+r4 for 7XPL...I think. That makes no sense. I am confus. Maybe it was r3+r3. Anyway, my conclusion stands:
Conclusion: Unless you have all the Fortune/Silk/Unbreaking/Infinity/etc you want, it's smartest to just enchant books at high level and then shelve the books you don't want. Arthropods/Smite/Blast/Fire/Projectile are the cost you pay for a shot at the good stuff, and at least you're not making as many trips to the anvil/burning so much leather.

My goal is topmost-tier armor/weapons/tools that can be repaired indefinitely. I believe (haven't yet tested) renaming an item caps the repair cost so that it's always attainable. I need to look into whether it's best to rename items before you enchant them, and whether it's best to put the initial enchantment on the items with an anvil or with an enchanting table.

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:19 am UTC

Is anyone else having issues logging in? I cant get into either of the two servers. It says outdated client ad it also says in red on the server list 1.3. The new one is 1.6. So Anyone else having this issue for ST's servers?
these are words
type, type, type

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:16 am UTC

scienceroboticspunk wrote:Is anyone else having issues logging in? I cant get into either of the two servers. It says outdated client ad it also says in red on the server list 1.3. The new one is 1.6. So Anyone else having this issue for ST's servers?

Exactly the same here.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:51 am UTC

Run version 1.6.1

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:57 am UTC

In other words, create a new profile in the 1.6 launcher and set it to version 1.6.1.

Set up a small stable near the north train station in Pandora if anyone wants to try giving horsies a whirl.

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:17 pm UTC

Roos, the marble looks nice.

Is anyone else getting some lag when they play?
these are words
type, type, type

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:50 am UTC

I decided this warranted a new post instead of an edit.

Good news everyone the new spleef field is complete. It has 2 current set game modes and can be alternated between them with red stone. Also I think this may be one of the first uses of hard/coloured clay on the server.

I have also taken to breeding horses.

Info about the next games

I do not know when they will happen to be but I do know what I would like to be in them. Different kinds of spleef. I plan on setting up a king of the ladder field somewhere. I might use vines instead of ladders. Havnt decided yet, it depends on the look I am going for. I might also add a horse race around plains city. It would go along the outskirts and there would be flags one would have to go around. A time nor date has been set yet. I can provide horses to those who do not have them. I think that covers most of the games news.
these are words
type, type, type

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:38 am UTC

MIASACraft map is completely borked. Doesn't even work as a client world. Restart with 1.4.7 or 152wgt?
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

F117Landers

Postby F117Landers » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:47 am UTC

Hey everyone, I thought I would stop in and apologize for disappearing a while back. I had a couple month course that required almost all of my time, and after that I didn't really feel like looking at a computer. After that, I forgot about Minecraft and XKCD for the most part.

Anyways, I thought I would say thanks to everyone for accepting me into the server and helping me out a lot with it. I feel like an ass for leaving a mess of the floating island and for consuming goods without being able to produce some in return though.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am UTC

On MIASACraft, I have made an executive decision. We have restarted a new 1.4.7 world with the Direwolf20 pack. Something in Ultimate completely messed up the previous world. Enjoy the return of the modded minecraft server.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:19 am UTC

Are we currently adding anyone to the white list or have we been keeping it closed?
these are words
type, type, type

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

We are adding people, yes. The instructions for doing so are in the OP.

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 am UTC

Can you change the "He's a dick" in the OP to "he is a duck"
these are words
type, type, type

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm UTC

No.

raudorn

Postby raudorn » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

So suddenly I can join again. If someone did anything: Thanks! If not, I guess it's just arbitrary.

Oh, and the Black Forest Airport is open! (and has been for weeks) However all planes are grounded until the volcano clears up. It will be clear, once a mod has checked the airport...

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:03 pm UTC

Can you provide the coordinates of your airport? I shall connect it to the network once I come on next (which, incidentally, depends on my flight times)...

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:32 am UTC

Your airport is now operational!

In other news, I'm finishing the design of my mob combat simulation building. I've discovered a simple way to guarantee a possible path from the entrance to exit, too. Prizes will include ponies!

raudorn

Postby raudorn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:46 am UTC

Sweet, thanks!

We would like to remind all visitors that the Black Forest staff is not responsible for any incidents involving unfinished building construction. If you happen to encounter an unsecured pit and find yourself in a state of freefall, please remain calm and call for help. That way our rescue team can ignore you and take all your stuff.
Due to unforseen circumstances, mostly caused by the untimely death of innocent people for hundreds of years, we cannot guarantee a haunting-free sleeping environment. If you encounter a persistent ghost and find yourself unable to sleep, please remain calm and call for help. That way our Ghostbusters can ignore your and take all your stuff.
As of last month new regulations force us to reveal our refund policy. We are proud to announce that the construction of a new customer feedback center will begin soon. If you encounter a problem with our service and find yourself unable to resist filing a complaint, please remain calm and wait for the construction to finish. The preliminary name of this center is 'Suicide Booth'.

That is all for now. Have a nice stay!

Kain

Postby Kain » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:38 am UTC

Infina, are you currently planning on making a 1.5 Direwolf20 server? (Supposedly worlds made with the 1.5 pack are expected to be able to be migrated to 1.6 once they eventually get the packs up to that).
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:52 am UTC

Kain wrote:Infina, are you currently planning on making a 1.5 Direwolf20 server? (Supposedly worlds made with the 1.5 pack are expected to be able to be migrated to 1.6 once they eventually get the packs up to that).

Possible will be done on Friday(Depends on how my Thursday goes). It will cause a world reset, both at 1.5 and 1.6, but at this point, it is kinda unavoidable.

Edit: Current Options -

1.5.2 FTB Unleashed
1.5.2 FTB Unhinged
1.5.2 Direwolf20

For 1.6, I will look into the best options, with the way that the new launcher works. I will soon have a modded 1.6.2 world for testing on miasacraft2, and 1.5.2 on MIASACraft. I am going to look into mods for bringing MIASACraft back to what I envisioned originally, and miasacraft2 will be either a dev version server or a modded creative build server.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:35 am UTC

New post for news about MIASACraft.

1. New world with the Direwolf20 1.5 pack, v1.1.1. This means WRCBE, MFR, Tinkerer's Construct and Natura. I have started work on a computercraft program to store and request chunks of 16 enderstorage colors. This means that Ender Chests and Ender Tanks have a 2 color prefix for each player.

2. I am managing the server not with a whitelist, but permissioning. You can do nothing other than logging in if you are not escalated to member privileges.

3. I am planning a new website for the server. Details will come out after finalization with sophiamaster.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Dthen
Still hasn't told us what comes after D

Postby Dthen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:11 am UTC

I made a wee thing wot smelts fings quick.
Does anyone know if this design has been made before? I had a poke around the internet & couldn't find anything that worked in the same manner, but that doesn't mean much. :P
Dthen wrote:I AM NOT A CAT.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:58 am UTC

Ha! I finally have time to play again!

Let's do something. What's happening ingame?

And I'll check your link when I'm back Dthen. :p

OklahomaJoe

Postby OklahomaJoe » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:35 am UTC

Anyone have a recommendation for a server host for a small server running Better Than Wolves? I'm looking for a server with capacity for maybe 4-8 players; that Minecraft Realms thing sounds ideal (assuming they're planning on letting people use older versions of Minecraft and mods on those little servers), but it's still in alpha.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 am UTC

I wonder, I've been gone for a while so, is this the same old map?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 am UTC

Yeah, we're still on the same map. I don't think we've had a map change in years, actually...

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:07 am UTC

Actually, I deleted everything and replaced it with a map that was identical with the exception of a single block being misplaced by five meters.

Can you guess where?

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:19 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Actually, I deleted everything and replaced it with a map that was identical with the exception of a single block being misplaced by five meters.

Can you guess where?

Yes...I was standing on it.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

Cheater.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:19 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Cheater.

:mrgreen:
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:49 pm UTC

I... Want to apologize to whoever had the house on the north end of pandora's road. See, I wasn't expecting your basement to be lined with TNT as a failsafe against TNT cannons.

In other news, I have achieved what superpowers have not, and built a repeating-fire ICBM.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:16 pm UTC

I was playing last night and the server crashed. When it came back and I got on, I was back at spawn with no inventory and my ender chest was empty.

Thought it might have been a temporary thing, but it's all still missing.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

Awesome.

What'd you lose?

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

19 blocks of emerald, a diamond Fort 3/Efficiency 4 pick and a diamond Silk/Eff 4/Unb 3 pick. The rest I should be able to replace easily.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:24 am UTC

Crap, that was weird. My enderchest is intact, though, so I assume it only affected people who were on during the crash.

I've replace your things at spawn, Edgar - let me know if anything else was lost. Same goes for all the affected!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 am UTC

I already replaced his stuff. Whoops!

Return to “Gaming”