Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

_infina_

Re: Minecraft

Postby _infina_ » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:20 am UTC

I am working on getting the DW20 pack online for my server. I will be completely migrating my current whitelist to the new server, and from it appoint two ops, to supplement my and the other admin. I am getting a world generated, and will have a spawn point built. I plan to be up this weekend. I will give out the server address then.

EDIT: eculc, would you like to be the first op?
I have another op in mind, but I have to get in contact with him. The admins of the server are myself and sophiamaster. The other op I am looking at has an ign of toastytaoist.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:44 am UTC

I wouldn't have a problem with that, no.

I'd suggest the mindcrack pack, though (possibly with gregtech disabled) -- it'd have the same worldgen, but it has some additional things that are nice (advanced machines, extrabees, advanced solars) though I believe we'd be losing out on portalgun/gravitygun unless that was added in separately.

either way though, I'm excited to get started playing on the server whenever it's ready.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:58 am UTC

Notice: If you find a chest with a piece of pink wool above it, you may take the contents.

More details to come.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

Kain

Postby Kain » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:00 pm UTC

eculc wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with that, no.

I'd suggest the mindcrack pack, though (possibly with gregtech disabled) -- it'd have the same worldgen, but it has some additional things that are nice (advanced machines, extrabees, advanced solars) though I believe we'd be losing out on portalgun/gravitygun unless that was added in separately.

either way though, I'm excited to get started playing on the server whenever it's ready.

We would also miss out on mystcraft, barring that being added seperately, though for a server that might be a good thing...
As with eculc, I'll just be happy to have a good modded server to play on (though no extra bees = sad chrispkale)
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 am UTC

ooh, missed that. I believe we've already decided on a policy for mystcraft ages though (one for mining/quarrying, and a void age for mob-related and other farms, possibly accelerated) so it shouldn't be an issue.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:49 am UTC

Though I'm nowhere near done, I've gone ahead and opened Britannia.

You'll find the Ankh near the Morrowind entrance. Should be pretty obvious.

And the signs aren't kidding - your inventory WILL be stripped. And you'll be set in Adventure Mode.

But there's a handy chest of maps too.

Same with Vvardenfell. I added a chest of maps that almost covers the entire place.

.... Also, who put Bender on Red Mountain?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:50 am UTC

Why don't you put the maps on picture frames?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:57 am UTC

For the Britannian ones, they are in the castle. And some other places. Like your admin room. But I've still got a box of maps.

.... that I now realize will be wiped out as soon as you go through the portal. So lemme go put them in the throne room instead.

They're mostly there so that people can figure out just where the hell the Moongates take them beyond the names of cities. And to help them find places like Cove and Paws and so forth, that don't have Moongates.

As for the Vvardenfell map... it's not even close to complete. I've got three strips down the middle. The rest of it.. it's meant for y'all to grab a map and wander around the edges and finish it out.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:40 am UTC

...Gosh, the server is running kinda shitty, and Amishdmeon hasn't said anything.. I wonder what he's up to.....

HOLY FUCKING ASSBALLS, 1238 entities in his area!

Hey, I'm breaking your goddamn grinder as a lesson. This is why we can't have nice things.

Hope you weren't carrying anything important, Amish. It's gone now.

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:56 am UTC

Woops. I told my brother to kill the mobs every once in a while but then he left to go somewhere.
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 am UTC

So.. maybe it's dealing with the Amishdmeon grinder incident that is provoking this foul response from me, but... I kinda doubt it, as I was zooming around Britannia with Rirez (who also seemed genuinely interested in the place, is familiar with Ultima and is excited for the prospects of what can be done) when he finds something ... *inside*... the wall separating Britannia from the rest of the place.

Can you guess what Rirez found?
Spoiler:
2012-12-27_22.36.05.png
As Rirez did helpfully point out, there is no BiteMyShinyMetalAss on the whitelist

Yeah. Knock it off.

Like, yesterday. Not there. Not in Vvardenfell.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:18 am UTC

My ftb server is up. miasacraft.cbouton.com. It uses DW20. I am working on getting the guilds planned. I will be working on finding the mountain home for the Mages, the Industrialists have New Iceburg, which is located at spawn. Agriculturalists will get either a plains or savanna home. Scientists will get a desert or a wasteland. Adventurers will have guildhalls in all of the cities that will eventually pop up, as well as the Cave of Masters, which I have yet to find.

Mages have Thaumcraft 3 and EE3 as their mods of choice.
Industrialists have Thermal Expansion and IndustrialCraft 2 as their mods of choice.
Agriculturists have Forestry as their mod of choice.
Scientists have RP2 and ComputerCraft as their mods of choice.
Adventurers will have Portal Gun and SoulShards as their mods of choice.

I will work on getting a list of who has signed up for which guild. Signing up from a guild does not preclude use of other mods, it just means you have focused on using the mods of choice for your guild. Each guild will come with its own perks, but for now, it will just be to help design the home city for your guild.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 am UTC

Updated the OP.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:50 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Updated the OP.

I created an SRV record for your server to use myself, as I often reformat some of my computers, or just completely wipe my minecraft install. If you want it, I can give you the address.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:50 am UTC

unfortunately, I won't be able to be online until Saturday, as I'm taking an 18-hour car drive tomorrow and will be without internet for that time.

Re: guilds thing...I honestly don't know what category I would put myself in...I feel like parts of all of those would be necessary for me. Maybe it would be better if we just had one central area for people to build around, much like old-spawn/Pandora?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 am UTC

I'm not an experienced Ultima player, but I've tried it before. I just like seeing landscapes. Tasty, tasty deathtrap-y landscapes.

Anyway, I solved your door need. Managed to make it fully horizontal, only 2 blocks tall, all under the surface.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 am UTC

Infina, you should probably see about getting the whitelist ported over from the main server. But in lieu of that, Taygetea please.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 pm UTC

... Oh, and ST, you may want to see if you can coax Josephine into optimizing that door. Pretty sure it's far more compact-ible, I just went for the clean and simple solution.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:15 pm UTC

Josephine wrote:Infina, you should probably see about getting the whitelist ported over from the main server. But in lieu of that, Taygetea please.

sorry, I had to rebuild it, it was wiped for some reason. I thought I had placed you back on it.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

rhetorical

Postby rhetorical » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm UTC

I'd like to be re-added as well: rhetorical575, please.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 am UTC

rhetorical wrote:I'd like to be re-added as well: rhetorical575, please.

done.

I have found places for all the guilds. The guilds are what you want to work the most with. Later on, perks will be associated with guild membership. You would not be forced to use just those mods, but focus on using them first to solve your issues. What I want to see is specialization, create some experts. I want to see players working together to survive, not just run off on their own.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:14 am UTC

I shall be a scientist. I've been looking at Computercraft. I think that with a little bit of code, it can be very, very productive. Especially with lots of turtles involved.

EDIT: Hmm, neither of my accounts seem to be whitelisted.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:28 am UTC

Josephine wrote:I shall be a scientist. I've been looking at Computercraft. I think that with a little bit of code, it can be very, very productive. Especially with lots of turtles involved.

EDIT: Hmm, neither of my accounts seem to be whitelisted.

They should be. Gimme two minutes.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:42 am UTC

I'm trying to come to your server right now, infina. Is that spawn house supposed to be impossible to access? The doors keep re-shutting on me.

I shall probably join Josephine as a scientist, to likely nobody's surprise. I may be half-industralist, though. I'm still new to many of RP's more techy bits, so it'd be nice if I could be on with you, bona.

Meem1029

Postby Meem1029 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:51 am UTC

I am also not whitelisted. (meem1029 in game as well)

Edit: As with everyone else, I'm torn between Industrialist and Scientist. I think I'll go crazy and go with Adventurer then.
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:16 am UTC

Meem1029 wrote:I am also not whitelisted. (meem1029 in game as well)

Edit: As with everyone else, I'm torn between Industrialist and Scientist. I think I'll go crazy and go with Adventurer then.

Fix'd.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:08 am UTC

I'm getting a crash on crafting a turtle. It's apparently an incompatibility with EE3 and can be solved by updating MiscPeripherals to 2.3.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:35 am UTC

Bad news. A creeper crept up on me as I was making a generator and destroyed the bed and one of the chests. We may have lost some material in that chest, sorry. The diamonds and such are untouched, though. To make up for it, I've started a farm! And we've got more diamonds!

Edit: turns out no chests exploded. I've moved everything into a shack for now for safety.

Kain

Postby Kain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:24 pm UTC

I should be able to get on later today if all goes well (and if ChrisPKale is whitelisted, of course). I would go industrialist, but we dont have advanced machines, so I would go agriculturalist, but we lack extra bees, so I guess I'll be joining the mages or whatever thay are called.
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:29 pm UTC

Kain wrote:I should be able to get on later today if all goes well (and if ChrisPKale is whitelisted, of course). I would go industrialist, but we dont have advanced machines, so I would go agriculturalist, but we lack extra bees, so I guess I'll be joining the mages or whatever thay are called.

Advanced Machines are coming...I don't know about extra bees, though.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Kain

Postby Kain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:33 pm UTC

Ah, well, for tonight at least, the mage's college beckons. I presume an inter-guild portal system would be something appropriate for the mages to make, yes?

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 pm UTC

_infina_ can I be whitlisted on your server if I'm not already? ign:amishdmeon I promise not to break anything.
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:51 pm UTC

CombustibleLemons wrote:_infina_ can I be whitlisted on your server if I'm not already? ign:amishdmeon I promise not to break anything.

You should be. If not, I will do so when I get home.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:
CombustibleLemons wrote:_infina_ can I be whitlisted on your server if I'm not already? ign:amishdmeon I promise not to break anything.

You should be. If not, I will do so when I get home.

It would seem I'm not.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:26 pm UTC

Kain wrote:Ah, well, for tonight at least, the mage's college beckons. I presume an inter-guild portal system would be something appropriate for the mages to make, yes?

I think so. Mystcraft is less lag-inducing than the Portal mod.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:28 pm UTC

Josephine, will you be on later? If yes, we need to plan a resource management system. Meem too, if he's got a free afternoon/evening!

I think we can just declare the base as a Robotics guild or something around the concept of automatons. It's obviously RP2 and computercraft heavy, but we take bits from other mods to do stuff they can't.

Kain

Postby Kain » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:55 pm UTC

It would seem that I, ChrisPKale, am not yet whitelisted on the server :(

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:20 am UTC

[FTB] Will the server be updated? I clicked update and can't come back on now. Trying to find a way to revert...

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:43 am UTC

Steax wrote:[FTB] Will the server be updated? I clicked update and can't come back on now. Trying to find a way to revert...

Done.

chrispkale and ChrisPKale are both in the whitelist...
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:18 pm UTC

Could I get put on the FTB whitelist as well? IGN is xerillum.

Return to “Gaming”