Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Re: Minecraft

Postby Steax » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 am UTC

So where is the dragon? We should arrange for it together.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

headprogrammingczar

Postby headprogrammingczar » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 am UTC

I am interested in fighting the dragon as well.
<quintopia> You're not crazy. you're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Weeks> You're the goddamn headprogrammingspock!
<Cheese> I love you

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:57 pm UTC

I want to fight the dragon...

And... I have a request to put end portals here and there. So that you don't have to ride a track in 15 min all together. I think that one at spawn (if we're going to put one there) and one at Pandora would be the best choices. Myself I don't care about the one at spawn but I'm sure some think there should be one there.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 pm UTC

With the new command block teleports, there's definitely no need for one at pandora. You're two button presses away from spawn, rifton, and a whole bunch of other places besides.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 pm UTC

The end portal is at spawn because it has to be. In a newly generated world, the strongholds are all relatively close to spawn. It will dump you in the void in the middle of the End otherwise.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 pm UTC

Forgot the command blocks.
I don't really know but that makes sense Josephine.

(I don't like command blocks... =( I feel so cheaty even if it kind of isn't... :cry: )

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:04 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:I want to fight the dragon...

And... I have a request to put end portals here and there. So that you don't have to ride a track in 15 min all together. I think that one at spawn (if we're going to put one there) and one at Pandora would be the best choices. Myself I don't care about the one at spawn but I'm sure some think there should be one there.

Fuck no. There's too many end portals around as is. There's Monkeys (discovered), mine (undiscovered, surprisingly close to Monkeys as I had no idea his was right there) and Roos's (Based on what he said, I know more or less the general vicinity, but not specific coordinates)

If you can't be bothered to hop a flight to Spawn, you don't deserve to go to The End.

The end portal is at spawn because it has to be. In a newly generated world, the strongholds are all relatively close to spawn. It will dump you in the void in the middle of the End otherwise.
My hidden one within 1000 blocks of 0,0,0 and the one I slapped together at Vahalla (-16000, X, -10000) took me to the same place in The End. For the record.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm UTC

Should we try and set a time/date for the end? I am free after 7ish EST but 9ish might work a bit better for me.
these are words
type, type, type

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm UTC

scienceroboticspunk wrote:Should we try and set a time/date for the end? I am free after 7ish EST but 9ish might work a bit better for me.

Couldn't we do it when the holiday has started? 21/11 - 12.??? And hopefully a time that isn't the night anywhere for people, I really for once, for the first time wanna fight the dragon. =?

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm UTC

I'm free in the evenings (EST) on most days.

So, the dragon is surprisingly weak. I think we'll find it somewhat disappointing, to be honest. Especially if we gear up a lot. It'll still be fun though.
SecondTalon wrote:
My hidden one within 1000 blocks of 0,0,0 and the one I slapped together at Vahalla (-16000, X, -10000) took me to the same place in The End. For the record.
Hmm, okay. I guess I was wrong.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 am UTC

On the other hand, if you want to make it harder...

So which actual end portal is it? Monkey's?

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:12 am UTC

I think I will be gone on friday and who knows for how much of next week. I am not too sure of my schedule once I get home from uni. My finals just ended tonight and it would be nice. Would people be okay if we did it tonight, then maybe an admin would spawn a dragon for friday, then after that we just start our farm and settlement in the end?
Edit: it is monkeys portal so we will meet near spawn
these are words
type, type, type

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 am UTC

Steax wrote:On the other hand, if you want to make it harder...

So which actual end portal is it? Monkey's?

Yep. He finally just told people the code. Still took them a bit to realize what he was doing.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 am UTC

Well they did seem like coords. Also does a mod want to come on to watch the spectacle?
these are words
type, type, type

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:41 am UTC

Feel free to post, and I'll be there in 5 minutes or so. And I can... Help.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:17 am UTC

I'm about 8 hours ahead of you all... So when it's your time, about 10-12 pm it would be perfect for me (I'd say) since it then should be 6-8 am for me. (my time zone is CET)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:36 am UTC

...yeah, Ender Dragon's dead. For the record. Team of six or so went in and took it out.

It was hilarious for me to watch.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:26 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:...yeah, Ender Dragon's dead. For the record. Team of six or so went in and took it out.

It was hilarious for me to watch.

But can't we do like someone suggested (don't remember who, just recently). We should spawn the dragon in so some others can kill it to... =/

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:42 pm UTC

I don't believe that's possible in Vanilla minecraft. As it is we already have a group of people setting up shop in the End (complete with kitschy Christmas decorations), so respawning the dragon would be... troublesome.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:14 pm UTC

well...enderdragon eggs.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm UTC

How do you get to the end portal from spawn? Will you notice it?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:13 pm UTC

I really need to get back on the server but have been far to busy. Hopefully will have time over the holidays!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:How do you get to the end portal from spawn? Will you notice it?

If you go to x=0, z=0, there's a ladder. Go down it.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:40 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:How do you get to the end portal from spawn? Will you notice it?

Like JR said.

I showed people where I hid my portal as Monkey's lock was malfunctioning. I hid it in the ever so clever hiding spot of 0, 33, 0.

Quite literally, 34 meters below sea level at 0,0. Like I said, within 1000 meters of 0,0,0.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 am UTC

Would it be possible for us to shoot fireworks on New Year??? (1.4.6)

headprogrammingczar

Postby headprogrammingczar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:33 pm UTC

The design for straight-up TNT cannons is extremely simple. Put a few of them in series or reload just two or three.
<Cheese> I love you

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm UTC

He means MC fireworks (not just aerial-detonation TNT), which are the reason 1.4.6 is being released so soon.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:45 pm UTC

eculc wrote:He means MC fireworks (not just aerial-detonation TNT), which are the reason 1.4.6 is being released so soon.

It's already released.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:07 pm UTC

Oh, it it? I didn't realize. In any case, that's why 1.4.6 is being released, rather than waiting until 1.5. Fireworks for New Year's Day, that is.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:42 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:
eculc wrote:He means MC fireworks (not just aerial-detonation TNT), which are the reason 1.4.6 is being released so soon.

It's already released.

Look, I understand that your answer is correct. It is already released.

Near as I can tell, it was released 7 hours ago.

FUCKING SEVEN GODDAMN FUCKINGSHITTING HOURS A-FUCKING-GO.

Also, seriously, do I have to explain to you again how the server works?... know what, fuck it.. you're getting an addition to your present that no one else is getting, and I'll go ahead and tell you what it is.

It's a book.

Explaining in detail how and why the server is upgraded the way it is upgraded. So whenever a new version is released, before you come here and ask when it can be put on the server, you can instead sit down with your book and read it and learn why it's not on the server yet.

MaFraL
Just a bit off the tip, please.

Postby MaFraL » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:18 pm UTC

Woah, that sounds like a pretty unique gift... Talon's playing favorites. Also, 5 days to the 25th in my time zone (and the world ends tomorrow). :P

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:54 pm UTC

We've stopped monitoring the server since the secret weapon to preventing the end of the world can only be developed in the infinite space of a minecraft server - as the man in the sunglasses stated - allowing us to break through singularity and ensure we have the technology to survive the impending doom.

Sorry.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:46 pm UTC

With any luck, Vvardenfell and Solstheim will be live before the night is done.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 pm UTC

HURRY, DAMMIT! THERES NO TIME! BYPASS THE SECURITY PROCEDURES! LAUNCH MISSILES! CROSS THE STREAMS!

... I mean, uh.

Craters.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:17 am UTC

wat

On a serious note - at 7:57pm EST, the server is down. Vvardenfell and Solstheim are uploading. When complete, the server will be up again.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:19 am UTC

Also armor/weapons can get Unbreaking. And Thorns!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 am UTC

Aanndd it's in. With transportation to what should be Seyda Neen and back to Pandora/Plains City/Whatever the hell that place is called.

In Plains City/Pandora/Whatever, there is a tunnel that says it leads nowhere, but to somewhere. In there you will find a mushroom. In the mushroom you will find a button. This button takes you to (where I think at least) Seyda Neen should be.

Happy hunting.

(mostly because I was too lazy to build a boat on both sides. Had I been thinking, I'd have built one then just cloned it in MCEdit.)

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:09 am UTC

You could put a priest villager down there and say they're a Mage's Guild member. With a button for each of the mage's guilds that don't exist yet.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Aanndd it's in. With transportation to what should be Seyda Neen and back to Pandora/Plains City/Whatever the hell that place is called.

In Plains City/Pandora/Whatever, there is a tunnel that says it leads nowhere, but to somewhere. In there you will find a mushroom. In the mushroom you will find a button. This button takes you to (where I think at least) Seyda Neen should be.

Happy hunting.

(mostly because I was too lazy to build a boat on both sides. Had I been thinking, I'd have built one then just cloned it in MCEdit.)

Watch where you build those things. You almost turned me into a potato.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

headprogrammingczar

Postby headprogrammingczar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:41 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Aanndd it's in. With transportation to what should be Seyda Neen and back to Pandora/Plains City/Whatever the hell that place is called.

Happy hunting.

Well, that was easy to find.

Spoiler:
It's by a small potato farm.
<Cheese> I love you

Return to “Gaming”