Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Re: Minecraft

Postby blalobw » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:31 pm UTC

I found some abandoned mineshafts at my mine, a pretty huge network of them with tons of good stuff and they intersect a ravine as well.

There's a zombie dungeon as well so my next step (after getting out alive) is to make a single-hit xp grinder.

There is *zero* evidence of anyone hitting this network before me, so if anyone wants co-ords just pm me.

Bhelliom

Postby Bhelliom » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:08 am UTC

This looks interesting. Can Someone PM me the co-ords so I can join you folks?
"Eloquently Blunt"

Manial

Postby Manial » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 am UTC

Meem1029 wrote:Also, wolves confuse me. I tamed a few the first night as I was walking to the rendezvous location and figured they had died since I didn't see them again. Strangely enough, today I was working on stuff and what do you know, I have a wolf following me. I'm confused as to how he could suddenly remember that he should come to me after a few weeks.
I think they get stuck on shorelines. I had a cat make a massive land journey with me, only to be left behind when I had to travel by boat. I went past that same place again after a few days and he was still there, clipping through the beach.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:32 am UTC

someone is at the base. Can someone log in and see who it is? and open the water stream for me.

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:50 am UTC

To help facilitate the sharing of MA coordinates, I've gone ahead and started up a Google Doc spreadsheet with various locations in it.

Send me a PM and I'll hook you up with access.

Feylias

Postby Feylias » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:36 pm UTC

FYI, the ST server is merely temporarily sick. Poor baby.
SexyTalon wrote:The entire thing is down and being repaired. The host ran in to some issues reinstalling the front end OS, if I recall correctly, but it should be back up relatively soon

Carlomagno

Postby Carlomagno » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:50 am UTC

I've found a ton of diamond in our mine. I'm at 23 now, and I'm logging. We'll figure out what to do with it tomorrow.

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:13 am UTC

Feylias wrote:FYI, the ST server is merely temporarily sick. Poor baby.
SexyTalon wrote:The entire thing is down and being repaired. The host ran in to some issues reinstalling the front end OS, if I recall correctly, but it should be back up relatively soon

Is it going to update?

The down time was enough to cave into the temptation of upside down stair cases.

mieulium

Postby mieulium » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:08 pm UTC

): Its easter weekend and we wont get to play.. *cries*
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:51 pm UTC

/willingly waits for the ST server to be restored

Roos, may I have said PM?

The MA server did teach me a lot about redstone, though.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:31 pm UTC

MA: We have been raided. The beds were destroyed as well as the radios but it seems that that was all besides some pots stolen, seems to of just been a grab and go.
Generic comment about SCIENCE! or !!FUN!!

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:55 pm UTC

bluejello wrote:MA: We have been raided. The beds were destroyed as well as the radios but it seems that that was all besides some pots stolen, seems to of just been a grab and go.

What sick bastard would destroy beds?
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:20 pm UTC

CombustibleLemons wrote:
bluejello wrote:MA: We have been raided. The beds were destroyed as well as the radios but it seems that that was all besides some pots stolen, seems to of just been a grab and go.

What sick bastard would destroy beds?

A sick bastard who wants you to walk 1000+ blocks to get back to your base, thats who.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:25 pm UTC

NEED HELP!
2 DUDES IN DIAMOND ARMOR

they just killed me
they destroyed the beds
help if you can

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 pm UTC

... What exactly happened? Did they alter the deal; pray they do not alter it further?

Anyway, remember the caches and re-equip.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 pm UTC

well, time for the 5000ish block walk back to the base. or death. I think time to die again.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:07 pm UTC

close the water stream some of them fell. there are arrows and splash potion. defend at all costs.
I respawned miles away....

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:12 pm UTC

now the server is on a roller coaster. Updating plugins now apparently. Hopfully this will mean one of us can get there before they log back on.

EDIT: well, they are currently at the base and have the water activated. Do we cut our losses and go elsewhere or wait for them to leave?

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 pm UTC

bluejello wrote:now the server is on a roller coaster. Updating plugins now apparently. Hopfully this will mean one of us can get there before they log back on.

EDIT: well, they are currently at the base and have the water activated. Do we cut our losses and go elsewhere or wait for them to leave?

lets wait for now. our valuables are hidden elsewhere.

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 pm UTC

MA, I'm kinda trapped in the nether.

nvm i found a portal.
Last edited by CombustibleLemons on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 pm UTC

CombustibleLemons wrote:MA, I'm kinda trapped in the nether.

what is you in game name?

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:46 pm UTC

tHe_kiiD wrote:
CombustibleLemons wrote:MA, I'm kinda trapped in the nether.

what is you in game name?

Amishdmeon.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:47 pm UTC

I'm currently holed up underground next to the radio. They hadn't touched the underground yet, but it's hard to tell if they'll come down. Last I saw, they were still here.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:48 pm UTC

I think we should go elsewhere. We keep getting raided, and it's rather hard to hide a sky base.

Edit: Logged in, got killed by them, trying to make my way back, but my stuff's probably gone by now. *sigh*
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:02 pm UTC

they are still there. I am waiting by the portal. i will watch and try to follow them when they leave.
hopefully they'll lead me to their base.

EDIT looks like they are gone. ima pillar up and close the water. I will et you guys know when is all clear.

im at the base its all clear

EDIT water is open come on up
Last edited by tHe_kiiD on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 pm UTC

If the cords they said are ineed the cords to their base, I have them. 0, -1239
Last edited by bluejello on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:29 pm UTC

Surely only buckets of lava could work against diamond armoured folks?
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

New User

Postby New User » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:39 pm UTC

Potion effects would help in a real fight.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:45 pm UTC

The fighting kinda just... happened. and they stole all the pots.

Next time we should be more ready. *builds tower to toss pots off of*

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:25 am UTC

can I get a lift up to the base?
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 am UTC

So I was thinking, along with Freemond and BlueJello earlier, about having a mini-MA game on the ST server later on. We designate one of the continents close to pandora and set that as the limits for the game. Each player gets 1 unique block (sponge? something like that?) and build a fortress/lair/whatever to defend it. Being the ST server, we have the resources to build TNT traps, arrow dispensers, and stuff like that. Then we set rules like no breaking/placing blocks, no taking from things other than chests (i.e. don't take arrows from dispensers, unless something destroys them), etc. Basically mimicking what roos has been building all this time. So we defend it with jumping puzzles, mazes, lava/tnt/arrow/whatever traps, mob spawning rooms and whatever else we get our hands on.

We can use our usual honor system, so there's nothing to worry about. And we get to build the traps and redstone contraptions we always wanted to see in action, but can't on the MA server because people would just destroy them at the source, and steal everything. Instead of being a fight for all worldly possessions, we turns it into a game of building the best defenses. If we want semi-anonymity, we could chose nicknames that we use exclusively in the apocalypse continent. And we use signs liberally to mark out who did what, release tension, and generally have fun.

I also hope it doesn't give roos too many ideas.

I'm kind of fed up with the MA server after reading what's going on. Too many people are choosing to grief; they have everything to gain, and defenders have everything to lose. There is absolutely no balance, and no way to defend stuff without actually staying online all the time. I personally am just interested in building defenses and diplomacy.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:37 am UTC

The first battle was epic! Bluejello and me made them "surrender". It was us two against four of them (in mostly diamond armor). I think we have a good chance of surviving another attack if we defend our selfs the way blue and me were doing it. specially since its really hard to pillar up with the water beneath you.

FIRST BATTLE
Unfortunately I didn't record this part, but basically blue and me used a combination of bows, harm potions and TNT. This was working perfectly until we fell for their trap. We had basically stopped them from pillaring up, and they just gave up. They changed tactics, they said they wanted to allied with us, that they wanted to trade, I knew this was a lie. They asked if we could let them up, and they were really hesitant. I told them to remove their armor and weapons if they ever wanted to get up. I tried to kill as much time as possible to try to get reinforcements from the fora. at this time there was no fighting just negotiating. Suddenly Magna appears down below and a small fight brakes down. we told him he was with us and the fighting stopped. I this point I really didn't know what to do. They said they would partially remove their armor if they could come up, and I didn't want to have Magna down there, so I gave the clear to open the water (BIG MISTAKE EVER. I'M SORRY).

SECOND BATTLE; RECORDED

By this time we are evenly matched. If I recall correctly its Blujello, Bona, Magna, someone else?, and me. We talked for a good five minutes. I tried to convince them to give me their coordinates, but they were just acting really immature. I smelled something fishy going on. they asked if they could be our allies, how many members we had, etc. Then they asked if they could put their armor back on, STUPID me said yes. we continue on talking a while longer and when they suddenly start striking. I was really shocked I couldn't even think (as you can tell in the video). I get knocked out of the base they followed and killed me. and the rest is just history... I will post the video later on.

some of you guys wanna relocate, and I'm fine with that. but I really think we can fend off the place with at least three people. maybe change our tactics a bit. change our spawn and have the main beds as decoys. add more battle stations, (the one that blue built worked really well), and not to mention that they didn't find any of the hidden chests. I really think we can use this as a lesson and learn from our mistakes. From now on there will be a strict policy on who we let up to our base. Even if they are allies.

New User

Postby New User » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:49 am UTC

We could make a policy of no allies in the base at all. If any trading is to be done then do it somewhere closeby on shore.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:56 am UTC

how exactly do I say something using the radio?
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:59 am UTC

New User wrote:We could make a policy of no allies in the base at all. If any trading is to be done then do it somewhere closeby on shore.

we have never done any trades in our base. I always go to theirs. What is your in game name?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:00 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:how exactly do I say something using the radio?

Write it on rows 2-4 on a sign, and give redstone power.

I think we should build more battle stations too. I'll help.

New User

Postby New User » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:01 am UTC

I am Freemond.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:05 am UTC

anyways, I need a way back up.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:17 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:anyways, I need a way back up.

Water will be on for a few minutes as I'm still there.

Edit: I take it you've got up. Scratch that, then.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:19 am UTC

Steax wrote:
_infina_ wrote:anyways, I need a way back up.

Water will be on for a few minutes as I'm still there.

Edit: I take it you've got up. Scratch that, then.

not yet. went to get some wood real quick.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Return to “Gaming”