Audio Surf

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Re: Audio Surf

Postby Meowgan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:18 am UTC

I love this game so much. The Cat Empire works really well.

I'm not very good at it.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:18 am UTC

It turns out that Weird Al Yankovick's Polka songs are actually pretty ridiculous.

I used to be Vegas all the way, but lately I've been enjoying playing pro with Double Vision and Eraser.

Does anyone else still need to get the Brutus achievement? I have.. quite a few songs where I am the only person who places. Apparently people don't surf Melt Banana much. Or Captain Beefheart. Or Euros Childs. Or.. half of my goddamned music collection. It would probably work out pretty well for an xkcd fight.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:01 pm UTC

I've had the demo for about 6 months now, and still have 1 of the 5 songs remaining on it...! The first I chose was the Prodigy's Breathe, because of the great mash of high-octane danceness followed by the funky quiet bits. It works really well. I can't remember the other songs. Possibly Sit Down. Stand Up. for the gradual crescendo.

Perhaps I should buy this game. I've spent many an hour at a friend's house hitting those annoying grey blocks.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:21 pm UTC

Ondore wrote:Are there any other long (as in 10+ minute) songs people can recommend? So far, I've had the most fun with "The Poet And The Pendulum" by Nightwish.

Some of the most fun I've had with the game has been obscenely long ambient music. Go figure. Also, Godspeed You! Black Emperor = raep tiem nao
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

Physics_Geek3.14

Postby Physics_Geek3.14 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:00 pm UTC

I just recently got a hold of the game and my first thought is this is awesome. My second thought is someone needs to jury rig a way of playing this with the Wii Balance Board.

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:59 am UTC

Physics_Geek3.14 wrote:I just recently got a hold of the game and my first thought is this is awesome. My second thought is someone needs to jury rig a way of playing this with the Wii Balance Board.

If you google it you might find something like this
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

aion7
Location: In a base with which you identify, killing dudes to whose team you belong

Postby aion7 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 am UTC

Sometime in the near future, I will be surfing Daft Punk's Alive 1997 in all of it's 45 minute and 31 second glory. I expect it to be an orgasm of electronic bliss.
Spoiler:
Zeroignite wrote:And you have suddenly become awesome.

joshz wrote:Oh, you so win.

internets++ for aion7.

jerdak wrote:Nothing says hello like a coconut traveling near the speed of light.

Return to “Gaming”